New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

Well-provisioned drinks table

Yeah, all alcohol has yeast in it. It's what turns the sugar into... alcohol. Nigel says, taking another drink. Still drinkable. He concedes. So what do you do for work? He asks, changing the topic.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Well-provisioned drinks table]

"Oh." That makes sense, then.

In response to the question, Holly says, "I'm a Private Eye." At least, that's one of the things she's doing. "Most recently, I've been working on cases involving the skinwalkers, the rat invasion, and a few other similar things that have been going on." She was told about most of the things she works on after walking into a tavern.

Feeling a little left out, Holly decides to pour herself a drink, looking for a nonalcoholic one. "So you said you used to work with Magtok, right? But what do you do now?" she asks.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Firbolg in the Playground

Devil Tour
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "We're trapped down here!" Sekhmet cries, staring dumbfounded back at where the exit was. "Wait! Don't leave me behind!" She rushes, stumbling, after Nadas.
    Nadas pauses to wait for Sekhmet to catch up.
    "Temporarily, I'm sure."

[Second Floor]

The vampire goes up and knocks on the first door on their left.
    The mummy follows, and then, realizing she's being left behind, so does the porcupine.
    When the door opens, they'll all manage to say "Trick or Treat!" in unison.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Sounds like a plan! Let's keep moving and see if we run into someone. Maybe we can step out of the costume now and then, too. It still counts if we're carrying it, right?" Brinika asks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Yeah, I think so. So long as we're wearing it upon entrance it counts. And maybe during the judging if there's a costume competition we want to enter, too." She doesn't know if there's a costume competition, but there might be!

And that may be quite fun. Cheasadh's going to follow, up to the floor with the children's party. Should be fun, there.
    As the enter the children's area, someone bumps into their long costume from behind.
    Namely, one small shiny crocodile with a set of golden bracelets and necklaces, and carrying a staff.
    "Oh, I'm sorry Miss Dragon. I didn't mean to bump into your tail." it says in a somewhat squeaky but boyish voice.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #155

Well-provisioned food table

Oh god, those shapeshifting things. Nigel says. One of them attacked my house! Don't tell the insurance guys, I had to burn the whole place down to fight it off. Nigel takes a long drink from his wine. Sorry, bit heavy for a party. I'm a doctor now, I work at a hospital in riverside. It's good work. Not as, y'know, intellectual as my previous stuff but it's challenging enough to keep me occupied. And it's... satisfying, y'know? Making people better. He explains.

Show

6. - Top - End - #156

[Well-provisioned food table]

Holly agrees, they are pretty scary and fire seems to be the only thing to work on them so far.

Meanwhile, she's found an adequately nonalcoholic beverage that probably tastes like fruit punch or something.

"'Shapeshifter infestation' is probably covered under some insurance policies," she notes. Probably under whatever policy also covers mimics. "Anyway, doctor. Sounds exciting. You're probably pretty busy considering how many plagues and stuff have hit Riverside recently."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

7. - Top - End - #157

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    No Double Trouble For Sure

Nodding, Beamer grins. "Aye, ya gotta get crazy sometimes, unless yer always crazy." He seems to be suddenly struck by a thought, as his eyes go wide.. "'Ey, wha' if we both teamed up to make more craziness?"
    No Double Trouble For Sure

The man is normaly very prude, but today is a nigth out. Not that there are many friends he could meet. Most people outside his work either hate him or want him dead.

"Sure, What do you have in mind?" he says.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Devil Tour

Once she's caught up to Nadas, Sekhmet will follow him down the left passage. "But how do you know? We could be trapped down here forever." She's not even sure if she can die of hunger or thirst anymore, or even if she'll age.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

Second Floor

"Oh, no worries. Brinika, we're stood in the doorway. Can we move? Somebody's just bumped into me." Cheasadh's usually at trip-height, particularly for adults. Cheasadh's voice is high and light, and she'll start shuffling to one side. She'll also push the flaps next to her open so she can look at the person who bumped in. "Oh! You're adorable. Like Pookie, almost." Not that Nak knows who that is.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

[Second Floor - Kids]

"Oh, sure! Let's just..." The front of the pink fox-dragon starts moving, so that if the rear moves as well, they'll get out of people's way. Once that's done, a pair of bright orange eyes will peek out to look at the crocodile. "It's okay. This costume needs a bit more time to move around in. We ought to be careful."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #161

God, those and the demon invasion. He says, setting down his now empty glass. We all had to evac for like a week while repairs were underway, then we worked out of these crappy tent set-ups... anyway it was a mess. Now all these rats are getting into everything and that carries disease so you gotta be doubly careful about every environment you thought was sealed. Nigel scoops up another drink from the table. Yeah, a mess. Sums it up.

Show

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

[Second Floor - Kids]

The crocodile tilts his head. He notably, keeps the staff in contact with the costume.
    "Costume? So...you were two girls in a big fake dragon? Why?" he asks, visibly confused despite his reptilian features. He is clearly not wearing much of a costume himself. Or much of anything, really.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

Second Floor- Kids

Cheasadh follows Brinika when they move, so the dragon moves relatively smoothly. "Because we have to dress up as something, and this is cool!" Cheasadh nods vigorously as she speaks, smiling at the little crocodile. "Your costume is awfully shiny." But not very large, though that might be an issue with finding a tailor.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

[Second Floor - Kids]

"Yeah! We needed Spooktober costume ideas, so we decided to wear one big costume!" Brinika grins toothily. "And we dressed up as a really nice and pretty fox-dragon we've met."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

[Second Floor- Kids]

The totodile looks down at himself.
    "But...this is just what I wear normally. Was I...supposed to get something else? I just heard someone say that there would be candy so I ditched High Priest Krokorok." he says, clearly worried. Decorum is very important! He can't go about breaking sacred traditions!
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2019-10-14 at 04:24 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

Second Floor- Kids

"I guess it's OK. Most people dress up for Spooktober parties, but... I don't think it's a rule that you have to." Cheasadh's trying to reassure the adorable little reptile, but she's looking around and can't see anyone who is not obviously dressed for the event in some way.

17. - Top - End - #167

"Yeah, there's lots of rats in my neighborhood," Holly says. She lives in one of the poorer neighborhoods of Eastside. "The demons were pretty bad. My house survived but now I've got a family of four rooming with me thanks to their place being destroyed."

Sharing a house with a family of four strangers is pretty strange. "I keep on hoping they'll move out, but...they just can't afford to rebuild their house. I'm out most nights, so it's not that big of a deal but I never expected to wake up to crying toddlers again."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

[Second Floor- Kids]

"Yeah, it's not a requirement or anything," Brinika says reassuringly. "And there is candy here. Everyone can take some."

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

Second Floor- Kids

"We've not had any candy yet, why don't we all go get some together? Oh! I'm Cheasadh, that's my sister. What's your name?" Cheasadh leaves Brinika to introduce herself, but the two girls don't look very related. Particularly since one is a gnome and the other a goblin.

20. - Top - End - #170

The rebuilding hasn't got out that far yet huh? Nigel asks. I heard there was a whole bunch of different groups sorting it out. Like some dwarves and goblins were working together on it I think. Nigel is starting to get used to the idea that dwarves and goblins aren't just something from like... lord of the rings.

Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

Felandria has finally arrived, after struggling to fine tune her costume.

For Spooktober this year, she is the Scarlet Witch!

She looks around for people to talk to

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

22. - Top - End - #172

"Yeah," the half-human says, "but, like, some people get priority. Other people don't." It'll get rebuilt eventually.

She shrugs. "There were some elves helping out, too, but...people kept on going missing there. It was weird." Elves are weird.
    ...says the Half-ElfTM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Spooky Children

Olon and Endok turn away from the door and form a huddle with Sasha. We need to get that candy bar. It is definitely magical. Endok nods along. There's no question. We need a way to trick him. He looks to Sasha. She's an important part of this planning party even if she can't talk.

Rath tried the juice and quickly found some spiders to bully into bringing her alcohol. Juice! They got halfway through brewing it then got bored. Ridiculous.
    [Spooky Children]

Sasha nods too. She is evidently easy to sway with even the mildest of peer pressure. Though she hadn't the foggiest idea on how to trick a vampire. Or... anyone really. Especially a Spooktober trick. Do you just sneak up on them? She would be good at that.

Rath's figured out one at least. She gets her alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Devil Tour

Nadas pauses to wait for Sekhmet to catch up.
    "Temporarily, I'm sure."

[Second Floor]

The vampire goes up and knocks on the first door on their left.
    The mummy follows, and then, realizing she's being left behind, so does the porcupine.
    When the door opens, they'll all manage to say "Trick or Treat!" in unison.
    [Second Floor]

Meanwhile, just nearby, a few other kids knock on the skeleton's door. The candy skeleton, throws up his hands in surprise at the trick or treaters, rattling his bones. "And who do we have here? What are you?" It asks, as it distributes a share of candy to each of them.

[Fifth Floor]

As Sekhmet and Nadas continue along, they'll find it particularly easy to get lost. Though theoretically they shouldn't have a problem with the hand along the wall method. As they travel, whispers travel through the fog that start nearly inaudible and definitely incomprehensible and grow in volume and coherency.

"We're foreclosing on your mortgage. We regret to inform you there's been an accident. The boss would like to have a word with you. My mother will be coming to dinner tonight. Honey, we need to talk."

It's like someone looked up the spookiest phrases on the Internet and repeated them without understanding why they were spooky. Well, maybe it's distracting enough that Nadas doesn't notice the strands of webbing on the wall until his hand gets sticky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Felandria might find herself approached by a drowess dressed in a black catsuit of familiar style. Her usually white hair has been dyed red for the season. "Hello fellow Avenger." Says Erelae Xar'Cha, who is dressed as Black Widow.

At her side is a diminutive Spiderman. The Miles Morales version, in the black spray paint stained suit. This is seven year old Landon. Half Drow, daywalker vampire, and werewolf. But right now none of that is noticeable through the costume. He's armed with a plastic pumpkin only lightly laden with candy.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    Felandria might find herself approached by a drowess dressed in a black catsuit of familiar style. Her usually white hair has been dyed red for the season. "Hello fellow Avenger." Says Erelae Xar'Cha, who is dressed as Black Widow.

At her side is a diminutive Spiderman. The Miles Morales version, in the black spray paint stained suit. This is seven year old Landon. Half Drow, daywalker vampire, and werewolf. But right now none of that is noticeable through the costume. He's armed with a plastic pumpkin only lightly laden with candy.
    Felandria smiles and bows.

Miss Romanov.

And I see our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man is here as well.

How goes the candy hunt?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

"I've got some." Landon says shaking his bucket. "There's always tons at these parties though."

"He would know. This is his third year coming to these things. My first." Erelae explains. "But I love a good party, and who could pass up a chance to dress up?" She asks with a grin.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

27. - Top - End - #177

God, I mean... you hate to think someone might be... abducting people. Nigel says. Some people though, they just take advantage of a tragedy like that. You get a lot more people helping though. Gotta keep that in mind. He adds, gesturing with his wine glass. He takes a drink before adding: Still, hopefully they'll fix your stuff up soon.

Spooky Children

Vampires hate uh... doing math. And being a book keeper. And getting locked into places. Olon says confidently. Hey cat kids! We need your help! She calls over to the vampire, porcupine, and mummy. After they get their candy from the skeleton of course, she isn't a monster. That's Sasha.

The vampire has the ultimate candy bar. Endok explains. There's time for introductions later this is time sensitive. We need to trick him.

Show

28. - Top - End - #178

Quote Originally Posted by MossyMeow View Post
    The half-dragon claps Magic_Hat's shoulder with one of her massive hands, chuckling. "Ah ha! I like you, my friend!". She sheathes her dagger, tearing a hole in her stockings as she does so. "Victoria is my name. It is an honor to meet you! We shall have much fun together."
    Magic_Hat is delight someone is taking an interest in him. "I'm Magic_Hat. No mister, and underscore between 'Magic' and 'Hat'. You don't want to say or write my name without the underscore. A horrible curse might befall you!"

Magic_Hat has enchanted his name so that weaker individual will pass gas upon uttering or writing his name without the underscore.

Magic_Hat is please someone is paying attention to him and his youtube videos. He decides to capitalize on the opportunity and shows the half-dragon "steamed hams."

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Felandria has finally arrived, after struggling to fine tune her costume.

For Spooktober this year, she is the Scarlet Witch!

She looks around for people to talk to
    Magic_Hat spots Felandria. In truth he's impressed with her costume. However he likes intentionally misidentifying others costumes. It's a running gag from Homestar Runner after all.

Magic_Hat says to Felandria "I really like your Michael Jackson from Thriller costume!"

29. - Top - End - #179
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Devil Tour - [Fifth Floor]
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Once she's caught up to Nadas, Sekhmet will follow him down the left passage. "But how do you know? We could be trapped down here forever." She's not even sure if she can die of hunger or thirst anymore, or even if she'll age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    As Sekhmet and Nadas continue along, they'll find it particularly easy to get lost. Though theoretically they shouldn't have a problem with the hand along the wall method. As they travel, whispers travel through the fog that start nearly inaudible and definitely incomprehensible and grow in volume and coherency.

"We're foreclosing on your mortgage. We regret to inform you there's been an accident. The boss would like to have a word with you. My mother will be coming to dinner tonight. Honey, we need to talk."

It's like someone looked up the spookiest phrases on the Internet and repeated them without understanding why they were spooky. Well, maybe it's distracting enough that Nadas doesn't notice the strands of webbing on the wall until his hand gets sticky.
    "Because that's how haunted houses work. Besides, no one would have a whole floor of their house with no way out." Right? That would be crazy. And Ilpholin *is* crazy. Maybe it only opens every Spooktober, to claim another set of victims.
    Nadas doesn't say any of that, because he's getting distracted by vaguely unsettling whispers.
    "Do you hear that? Not quite proper Spooktober content, is it?" He manages to chuckle at the silly lines, until something touches his hand! No, wait, it's just that he's touched something. Spiderwebs... Augh, his glove is going to be stuck there, isn't it?

[Spooky Children]
    Meanwhile, just nearby, a few other kids knock on the skeleton's door. The candy skeleton, throws up his hands in surprise at the trick or treaters, rattling his bones. "And who do we have here? What are you?" It asks, as it distributes a share of candy to each of them.
    "I'm a vampire!" says the vampire cat kid, baring his fake fangs.
    "I'm the Margrave of Thorns! He's half human and half ghost and half angel and half demon, and even the devils are scared of him, so you know he's super-scary." explains the porcupine, whiskers twitching.
    "..." The mummy stares down at the candy in their bucket, then up at the candy skeleton. "I'm disguised as a mummy. It's spooky because dead people aren't supposed to walk around."

Sasha nods too. She is evidently easy to sway with even the mildest of peer pressure. Though she hadn't the foggiest idea on how to trick a vampire. Or... anyone really. Especially a Spooktober trick. Do you just sneak up on them? She would be good at that.

Rath's figured out one at least. She gets her alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Vampires hate uh... doing math. And being a book keeper. And getting locked into places. Olon says confidently. Hey cat kids! We need your help! She calls over to the vampire, porcupine, and mummy. After they get their candy from the skeleton of course, she isn't a monster. That's Sasha.

The vampire has the ultimate candy bar. Endok explains. There's time for introductions later this is time sensitive. We need to trick him.
    Oh! They've been called on to join a candy quest.
    The cat kids hurry over.

"What if we make him think we don't even like candy? Then he won't mind us having it." suggests the porcupine.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2019-10-15 at 01:51 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

Fifth Floor

Sekhmet has to laugh a little too. Those aren't scary (except the part about the boss, which is terrifying). Then she sees the webs. "Are those... cobwebs?" She's worried again. Giant spiderwebs mean giant spiders, and she doesn't want to meet one of those.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters