New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Spooktober Spooktacular MMXIX

Magic_Hat is sad the lady in the Carmen Sandiego coat left. While it was very stylized it was still a good Red Power Rangers costume.*

Magic_Hat walks around the house trying to find someone to talk to: "Who here has any Candy?!" he shouts.

*I'm gonna keep this recurring joke...recurring and never say what anyone's actual costume is.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Second Floor]

The crocodile looks at them, pondering. "Hrm. Hrm. Mm. Mmm...nope, can't do it, can't be breaking the rules." He presses his staff to his chest and stares down at the floor.
    "Totototototototo di-di-di totototodile"
    A small surge of water seeps in from the floor, getting nothing wet but forming around the tiny reptile until it hardens into a suit of shiny black armor with a ridiculously large collar. The staff stays though, and as he lowers it, it brushes against the dragon costume again. "Toto-ks, Daddy! Okay, I'm good to go. You can call me Ana...anakle...Nak. Or Riptide 'cuz that's what it means." he says proudly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Second Floor

"Nak? That's quite a cute name. Ooh, that's an awesome costume. How'd you do that?" It was really cool, too.
    Brinika's face lights up under the fox-dragon costume.

"Wow! Did your dad send you this costume just now?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    Magic_Hat is sad the lady in the Carmen Sandiego coat left. While it was very stylized it was still a good Red Power Rangers costume.*

Magic_Hat walks around the house trying to find someone to talk to: "Who here has any Candy?!" he shouts.

*I'm gonna keep this recurring joke...recurring and never say what anyone's actual costume is.
    ((Fel didn’t leave, these are two separate scenes))

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

4. - Top - End - #214

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    ((Fel didn’t leave, these are two separate scenes))
    Then I'll ask her for some candy!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

[Fourth Floor- Pirates and mummies and frankensteins oh my~][/b]

Lateef smiles (which is quite creepy, but somehow endearing, in the sense that he has forgotten that he must look a little fragile and old and creepy)

He has a pretty firm handshake, surprising for someone who looks like he might unravel and who shuffles as he walks. Lateef's fingers are bandaged together, it might feel a little strange to shake his hand.

'I only woke up from uh, ya know, my forever sleep, the other day. And I felt compelled to come to this party for some reason. Haven't worked out why I woke up or who woke me up. And you shoulda seen the looks on the faces of the folks who run the fancy dress shop I went to for this outfit, when I walked in. Har har.'

Lateef finds it rather amusing that the owners of a fancy dress shop found him very frightening - after all, they had mummy costumes stocked on the shelves, how different is it to see an actual mummy?

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Second Floor- Food Table]

Landon pulls up his spiderman mask to eat some ham and cheese on crackers. "Oh hi! I think I remember you from last Thanksmas. I'm Landon."
    [Second Floor- Food Table]

"I'm Atropos Ivy Terenti Solomon the Third but everyone just calls me Atry." Atry pouts. She prefers her full name. But it isn't a big pout because it isn't a huge deal. "I remember you too. You're the one with the scary dad."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

[Second Floor - Food Table]

"Father's not..." Landon thinks about this for a moment. Really, both his dads were scary. "Ok he kinda is. But only when he's mad. He can be real nice too. He agreed to dress up with us for Spooktober!"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

"I like your spidey man," Atry says, grabbing another cracker. "What did your dad dress up as?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #219

Where The Girls Are Green And The Grass Is Pretty

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Coquus Fi?

Still somewhat skeptical of the combination, Fidelia takes a cautious bite before concluding Jenette's correctness and finishing it off. "...huh, I didn't anyone had even tried cooking stuff with blood before. It's, er, not something I know very much about, admittedly. Cooking, I mean." In retrospect, she probably shouldn't have found it so surprising; hunger was an excellent motivator for concocting ways to eke out as much food and nourishment as possible out of every possible source of food you have. Not that an urban setting gave Fidelia much insight on food you actually had to catch and hunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Blood and food]

*waits for Saint Lazarus to post first*
    Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    [Green Girls]

Emily, apparently having had her fill,, will reach inside her robe to pull out a notebook and a pen, both somewhat oversized for human hands but apparently fitting quite well into Emily's hands. After writing a bit, she'll tear the page off and hold it out to Saint Laz. Written on it is a phone number, "Here. Give me a call when the party's over and we can see if my idea works. For now, though, I think I should probably stop crowding the food tables; I take up a lot of space."

The notebook and pen go back into her robes, and, unless stopped, she'll move away from the tables so that the scene can progress without her player slowing it down.

Saint Lazarus nods, and is more than happy to accept the phone number and offer that comes with it, even if she has her doubts. I mean, if she tries out enough offers, one of them is bound to work out, right? Once the whole eating people problem is solved, then she can focus on her bevy of other issues, which she's been doing her best to repress and ignore for now.

"Alright, I'll keep that in mind." Wait, where is she actually going to put this phone number? Her superheroine costume doesn't exactly have pockets. I suppose she could hide it in her hood for now, but if she forget she left it there and it's raining when they leave the p-oh hey, it's gone. But how? Where could it have possibly gone? How did she manage to make it disappear like that when she doesn't have any sort of magical superpowers at all? What kind of witchcraft could've possib-

Oh, she just tucked it into one of her blue boots. Yeah, that makes sense, I guess. She picks out a few more snacks for Fidelia, looking out for anything on the healthier side. They don't exactly have a whole lot of money for food, and it's hard to make sure all Fi's nutritional needs are met, that she doesn't fall back into any bad habits or dietary pitfalls. Taking slightly more free food than is considered courteous might be seen as a slight social faux pas, but it's just a risk this superheroine will have to take.

"All the cooking I've ever done was looking up recipes online and following the instructions on the cup of instant ramen. Before I got greened, I mean." Probably the most harmless-sounding euphemism for getting bitten by a zombie that anyone's ever come up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    No Double Trouble For Sure

The man is normaly very prude, but today is a nigth out. Not that there are many friends he could meet. Most people outside his work either hate him or want him dead.

"Sure, What do you have in mind?" he says.
    Nope, No Trouble At All

Beamer is not ever prude, unless you count doing minimal evil as prude.

Leaning closer to the man, Beamer says, "What if we tried to convince everyone this place was really haunted? Could get a few screams out of people." Beamer suddenly appears completely sober. Well, he did. Now he's back to swaying on the spot.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Fourth Floor- Kids’ Area

Nak nods.
    ”Yeah! Daddy sends me help when need it. Usually gotta ask for it. But he’s real good like that, even if he can’t be around for real.”
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

Fourth Floor- Kids' Area

That was quite spectacular, really. "It's a pity your dad can't be here." Though I'm not sure what Cheasadh's are up to, if they're hanging around off-screen or just dropped the girls off. "How'd he send you the costume?" Some kind of magic, but what kind? Natalie could theoretically do something like that, but maybe not without that much accuracy.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

13. - Top - End - #223

Pirate/Mummy/Frankenstein

OK so the mummy's doing like a roleplaying thing? Fine whatever, to each their own. It's a really good mummy outfit, by the way. Nigel says to Lateef. Does it have some like... hologram stuff in there? Looks very real. Is the father at the party? He asks Raril.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

"He's a Skeksis." Landon explains. "The Hunter. He liked the character when we watched the show together. Even though he's supposed to be a bad guy. But you're supposed to dress up scary for Spooktober, right? I wanted to dress as Spiderman, though, cause he's super cool! My cousin dressed up as Black Widow too, and we met a lady who was Scarlet Witch. Superheroes make good costumes too. Why're you dressed as a bunny?"

[Pirate/Mummy/Frankenstein]

Raril's pretty sure Lateef's an actual mummy, dressed as a skeleton for some reason. But he'll let Nigel figure that one out on his own.

As for the baby's father. "I'm not sure. He's some kind of Fey lord, powerful sort. Don't know what he looks like though. Of course, he's Fey, he could look like just about anything. I'm sure Ilpholin would introduce me to him, if he were here." The drow looks around for sight of his daughter.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    Then I'll ask her for some candy!
    Fel will use Mage Hand to grab a buncha candy and drop it in Magic_Hat’s hands.

Treat!

- - - Updated - - -

[Fel and Drow]

"Ah, I work with my brother trying to keep things at Delmah Phor running straight for the Matron." Erelae explains.

Sszinyon, in his skeksis guise, lets out a huff. His niece gives him an odd look before continuing. "Things are running fairly smoothly for now, but you never know when the next big trouble will hit. I've got to organize some people to come out here and take control of the wild lands we gained in a treaty a bit ago. Lots of tunnels and fertile ground. It'll make for good farmland to feed Delmah Phor and to ship the surplus back to Menzoberranzan."
    Well, if there is anything the Mayor Of Eastside can do to help, just let me know.

It’s always good to make sure there isn’t any conflict.
    Last edited by Felandria; 2019-10-20 at 02:12 AM.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

[Second Floor - Kids' Area]

Brinika's ears twitch.

"Sending a costume from far away is a new one. But it's cool that your dad can do that. Oh, and I'm Brinika," she adds, remembering that she didn't introduce herself properly.
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-10-20 at 07:57 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

17. - Top - End - #227

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Fel will use Mage Hand to grab a buncha candy and drop it in Magic_Hat’s hands.

Treat!
    "YAY! Candy! Thank you Scarlet Witch!" Magic_Hat says. He could have used another name for her, but he's smart enough to know to not bite the hand that feeds you.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Fifth Floor]
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "Aieeeeeeeeee!" Sekhmet shrieks, turning tail and running without any real heed for where she's going. She doesn't want to be eaten by a weird part metal spider. She wishes she had never come to this stars-forsaken party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Mecha Squiggles gives chase to the fleeing party goers! He always seems just one step behind but never quite catches up to them. To be fair, they really are booking it and it's hard to keep up. Almost miraculously, the duo can just faintly see outlined in the fog a doorway leading to another section. A doorway that they could fit through but the monstrosity behind them certainly cannot.
    Nadas runs from Mecha Squiggles like his life depends on it. Which it very well might.
    "There!"
    He manages to say when he spots the door, and heads towards it. He won't even slow down until he's thrown himself through the doorway. Who knows how far that spider-borg can reach?

A small part of him is worrying that the spider is just herding them into an even worse trap.

[Spooky Children]
    Sasha nods again. So compliant!

The spiderbot fusses a bit though. It doesn't like being cornered, captured, or polished. But since it has to be gentle with its attackers, it can't really stop them either.

There's not much here in the form of garlic. Not exactly a common snack for children. They manage to find some garlic bread hidden away though.
    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Spooky Children

It's ok we're not gonna hurt you. Endok reassures the spider bot as he polishes it up with a bit of his shirt. It's silk!

Olon will gather up a big pile of garlic bread and take it back to the door, and once everything is assembled she'll turn to the mummy. OK, knock on the door, then we'll show him all of this stuff at once. Or um... maybe throw it at him? Olon did not really have a plan past this point. And then uh... you'll do your spooky thing, and then he'll have to give us the candy bar. She says to Sasha.
    "Here, lemme help!" Says the Margrave, reaching for the spiderbot.

The vampire grabs several loaves of his own and hurries back.
    "No, we say 'trick or treat' first, and then if he doesn't give us the candy, then we throw the bread."

The mummy just goes up and rings the correct doorbell now that they're all here.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

Fifth Floor

Sekhmet dashes through the doorway just behind Nadas. She likewise isn't going to stop until she's several yards beyond it, but it's less because she's not sure how far the spider can reach and more because she's too terrified to slow down.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #230
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Nope, No Trouble At All

Beamer is not ever prude, unless you count doing minimal evil as prude.

Leaning closer to the man, Beamer says, "What if we tried to convince everyone this place was really haunted? Could get a few screams out of people." Beamer suddenly appears completely sober. Well, he did. Now he's back to swaying on the spot.
    Nope, No Trouble At All

"Sounds fun." The man replies. He sure takes the drunkenplay as part of his costum.
    "I got a few ideas, but we would need some magic for this right?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spooky Children]

The door opens up to reveal a dreaded candy vampire! He looks and sounds grumpy with the holidays. "Vhat is it? Vhat do you vant?" When they shout Trick or Treat, he will respond "No treats here! I choose trick!" Unless they skip that very important step for some reason.

[Second Floor - Snack Table]

"I'm the bunny cause the bunny gives out the eggs and the candy on the basket holiday and I like giving eggs to people," Atry explains. Makes sense. To her mostly and very few other people. "I ran out though, so I'll have to give you something else later."

The hostess has seemingly vanished. Or at least is out of sight for the moment when Raril looks around for her. How odd.

[Fifth Floor]

Mecha Squiggles follows them all the way to the door, his legs reaching through and swiping at their backs, missing by just enough. They scrabble pointlessly for a moment before withdrawing. Mecha Squiggle's face appears in the doorway and hisses before skittering away and disappearing. No doubt looking to cut them off from some other angle.

The area they've entered has a lot of chains and straps and spikes. Iron maidens, manacles on the walls, beds of spikes, racks, and all the best tools of medieval torture. The primary difference between this room and the quintessential torture room they probably imagine when they hear the phrase is that this room's implements aren't rusted in the least. In fact, they seem meticulously well cared for - to the point of obsession - and are quite shiny as a result. The only thing marring their otherwise flawless surfaces is dried blood in the cracks and recesses that are all but impossible to scrub out even should one try.

There are two other exits here leading back to hallway like sections of the floor. All of the doors leading into the room are decidedly too small for the giant dire spider to enter, making it safe from said arachnid if they want to catch their breath in here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #232

Yeah, yeah we'll do that. Olon agrees. This plan was PERFECT.

Trick or treat! Trick or treat! Olon and Endok say, getting better every attempt. That time they managed to end in unison! All wasted when the vampire gives his answer. Olon takes the initiative and hurls her armful of bread at the vampire, while Endok scrambles with the spiderbot to get its freshly shined carapace facing the vampire.

Now! Endok will yell to Sasha after the initial assault. Shock and Awe!

I'm sure this is nothing to worry about. Rath tells Omiko (after a couple minutes of slightly strained silence).
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Fourth Floor

Nak wiggles his claws.
    ”I dunno. River god stuff. I dunno how it works.” he says with a shrug. Magic is magic. Everyone knows that.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Orc in the Playground

Fourth Floor- Dragon (costumes) and Crocodiles

"Your dad's a god? So you're half-god, half-adorable crocodile thing?" Cheasadh might have a pokemon, but she doesn't actually know much about them besides that.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

[Fourth Floor- Dragon (costumes) and Crocodiles]

Brinika grins toothily. Her teeth might not be as impressive as a crocodile, but they sure are big for a kid this little.

"We just keep running into gods and people who know gods, don't we? First Gara and Civvy, and now Nak here is a cute little demigod. That means half-god." She must have read that in a book somewhere.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Fifth Floor]

Nadas leans against the outside of an iron maiden and takes a deep breath.
    Couple of deep breaths.
    "Okay. I think we're safe here."

He seems to be eyeing the door furthest from where Mr. Squiggles attacked.

[Spooky Children]

The children shout (or in the case of the mummy, say quietly) 'Trick or Treat', not as well-synchronized as last time.

When the candy vampire makes his decision, the vampire cat joins in pelting him with garlic bread, one loaf at a time.
    The Margrave helps hold the spiderbot steady to face the vampire.
    The mummy walks up and tries to peer through the door. Where do these candy monsters come from?

"They seem to be having fun. They never went trick-or-treating back in the old country." They didn't have candy there at all, in fact.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Fifth Floor

Sekhmet breathes deeply, catching her breath. She doesn't exactly like her surroundings, although they're safer than the hallway with the robot spider. "Who keeps this stuff in their cellar? That woman is crazy! If we ever get out of here, I'm going as far away as possible." She is currently quite afraid, of the spider, the hostess, and any unknowns that might be lurking around the next corner.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Fourth Floor- Dragon Costumes and Crocodiles

Nak nods excitedly.
    ”Mhm. Dad’s Sobek. God of rivers and crocs and being strong and some other word that no one wants to explain to me. But it’s not that big of a deal right now. Except that Priest Krokorok never lets me go anywhere fun on my own. So I snuck out tonight.” he whispers conspiratorially.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Pirate/Mummy/Frankenstein

OK so the mummy's doing like a roleplaying thing? Fine whatever, to each their own. It's a really good mummy outfit, by the way. Nigel says to Lateef. Does it have some like... hologram stuff in there? Looks very real. Is the father at the party? He asks Raril.

Raril's pretty sure Lateef's an actual mummy, dressed as a skeleton for some reason. But he'll let Nigel figure that one out on his own.

As for the baby's father. "I'm not sure. He's some kind of Fey lord, powerful sort. Don't know what he looks like though. Of course, he's Fey, he could look like just about anything. I'm sure Ilpholin would introduce me to him, if he were here." The drow looks around for sight of his daughter.

The hostess has seemingly vanished. Or at least is out of sight for the moment when Raril looks around for her. How odd.
    Lateef stares at Nigel for a second before regaining composure.

'I... Uh... Well, you see, I am a mummy... I was woken up just the other day. Anyway.'

Lateef listens to Nigel and Raril speak with interest. Being very new around here, the discussion is about people he is not familiar with.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

Fourth Floor- Dragons and Crocodiles

"That's cool. But I thought Sobek was a desert god?" Cheasadh isn't that knowledgeable about the Egyptian pantheon; her father didn't know much and most of the people who have spoken to her about religion were very knowledgeable about the Egyptian gods.