The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] The Long Night discord pbp (text, not live) (GM Found)

Finished my crunch, here's Afepirius Skyhallowed!
    Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    "Nothing purifies like fire"
    Afepirius "Afe" Skyhallowed
    Male CG Silverbrow Human (Dragonblood) Bard 4/Warblade 2, Level 6, Init 2, HP 48/48, Speed 30
    AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 18, Fort 7, Ref 9, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus +5
    +1, One-Handed Heavy Pick +8 (1d6+2+(1x)PA+DFI, x4)
    +1 Mithril Chain Shirt, +1 Mithral Buckler (+5 Armor, +2 Shield, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 15
    Condition None

Last edited by Goaty14; 2019-10-09 at 07:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Going to see how well I am at making homebrew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

"I hope that you don't get the impression that I would munchkin the rules if I was in a D&D world IRL... Even though I totally would" -Myself

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulOak View Post
    It's an open world. You're welcome to go and dance with Father Llymic whenever you choose. ;)
    Open worlds also tend to have things progressing in the background. So, Llymic might be working his way back to power. If he comes back to the world when I'm level 9, I'm gonna be pretty screwed if I go the Monk/Ninja route.

Eh, I'll probably still be pretty screwed if I'm a level 20 Monk and Father Llymic returns, but you get my idea.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

I really like the game premise, but I'm not super sure how the ins and outs of discord work. If I was to join, any chance I can get a little hand holding, at least at the beginning?

4. - Top - End - #34
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Sure! It operates a lot like slack, mattermost, facebook messenger, and various other chat clients. There are also dice roller bots(You need to type things in the right format, and they'll roll the dice), but we'd be happy to help you learn.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

Jack Stellare, Fire and the Black
    Eilyra Dlardrageth, Expedition to the Demonweb Pits
    Alice Triori, Rescuing Madame Baladwell
    Violet, A Faerie Affair

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage1 View Post
    Sure! It operates a lot like slack, mattermost, facebook messenger, and various other chat clients. There are also dice roller bots(You need to type things in the right format, and they'll roll the dice), but we'd be happy to help you learn.
    GREAT! Then I will address the things my OCD won't let me not, and I will get down to rolling up a toon!

Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    Edric
    Well, at least it isn't Leovold...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Any objections to a second Incarnum character? I have always wanted to get a totemist with some infernal heritor feats to an actual table.

It's an open world. You're welcome to go and dance with Father Llymic whenever you choose. ;)
    Well, if that doesn't scream BOTW and Calamity Ganon, not sure what does.
    Last edited by Buufreak; 2019-10-02 at 10:29 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Buufreak View Post
    Any objections to a second Incarnum character? I have always wanted to get a totemist with some infernal heritor feats to an actual table.
    Remember that we're still in the applicant portion, not everyone who is applying will be selected for the game.

Well, if that doesn't scream BOTW and Calamity Ganon, not sure what does.
    :P

~~~

A note to everyone re selections. When I look at selections I tend to consider who the character is and what they're trying to bring to the table, not the specific mechanics of the class. Personality and depth matter at least as much to me as build, and after selection I am absolutely OK with the team re-balancing builds to make a more cohesive team.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anomander View Post
    Eh, I'll probably still be pretty screwed if I'm a level 20 Monk and Father Llymic returns, but you get my idea.
    Are you really, though?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

"I hope that you don't get the impression that I would munchkin the rules if I was in a D&D world IRL... Even though I totally would" -Myself

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Thinking of doing a Scout going into Horizon Walker at some point in the future.
    . .-. .-. --- .-. / ....- ----- ....- ---... / -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. / -. --- - / ..-. .. -. -.. / --.- ..- . ... - .. --- -. / ---... -.--.-

Discord: Warpzzz#4020, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Selection process aside, my character is a bit of a summoner + some support/healing. Having a more dedicated incarnum character pulling from a different pool of soulmelds wouldn't be overlapping at all.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Selection process aside, my character is a bit of a summoner + some support/healing. Having a more dedicated incarnum character pulling from a different pool of soulmelds wouldn't be overlapping at all.
    Perfect. And with heritor feats and totemist, I'm definitely building a heavy duty front liner. I might cross dip to get a few points of deflect AC, but that's just to further the tanking. Effectively, I want to have a character that makes the enemy regret melee range about as much as I do online when I'm a mage and get jumped in pvp.

11. - Top - End - #41

GreenSorcererElf

And, my initial sheet(Fluff only)

Cialmar the Traveler.
    Show

Violet, A Faerie Affair

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

This looks really promising. 3 questions

1. The text said that we have been summoned. Should this be interpreted as you died and were magically summoned, or you did your thing after the loss and have received a mundane summoning? Is level 6 high level in this setting or did we get set back due to our loss or something?

2. If I take VoP, can I use my gold to fund an organization rather than simply discarding it? I like building something in games and I think it would be nice if my wealth could go towards some guild my character founded some hundred years ago to combat the darkness/educate people/teach people/influence policy makers to band toether/assasinate evil overlords/etc.

3. This setting seems ripe for some shadowy magic. What are your thoughts on the appropriateness of shadowcraft mage w/ or w/o early entry for this game?
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2019-10-02 at 03:47 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Quote Originally Posted by Goaty14 View Post
    True. They can be made. Now I sort of want to go Monk! (not really)

Not before levels 15-17-ish, though. And, I assume that Llyric uses intelligent tactics and has more than a few Brood Spawn mooks hanging around him, all of which would complicate things dramatically for even one of those Monks builds.

Yeah, no monk for me. Maybe a tweaked out archer, though ... hmmm.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sønderjye View Post
    This looks really promising. 3 questions

1. The text said that we have been summoned. Should this be interpreted as you died and were magically summoned, or you did your thing after the loss and have received a mundane summoning? Is level 6 high level in this setting or did we get set back due to our loss or something?
    You are being resurrected, and the proximity to very big dark evil when you died messed with your spirit. You are coming back as less than you were.

2. If I take VoP, can I use my gold to fund an organization rather than simply discarding it? I like building something in games and I think it would be nice if my wealth could go towards some guild my character founded some hundred years ago to combat the darkness/educate people/teach people/influence policy makers to band toether/assasinate evil overlords/etc.
    The world you find may not be what you expect. In terms of moving forward, gold donated for VoP must go to some cause that is Exalted Good. Like an orphanage or something. No material benefit to you or the party.

3. This setting seems ripe for some shadowy magic. What are your thoughts on the appropriateness of shadowcraft mage w/ or w/o early entry for this game?
    Both of your DMs frown on early entry tricks. Also remember that you were heroes of Light fighting against the death of the sun itself. That said, I love flavor and I can easily picture a light-themed shadow mage, so go nuts!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

You are being resurrected, and the proximity to very big dark evil when you died messed with your spirit. You are coming back as less than you were.

Both of your DMs frown on early entry tricks. Also remember that you were heroes of Light fighting against the death of the sun itself. That said, I love flavor and I can easily picture a light-themed shadow mage, so go nuts!
    Something that could be fun is playing with the dicotomy of light and darkness. If allowed, a race of gnomes that either chose darkness or light at some point and drew their power from that, possbly a gnome with
    Magic-Blooded[Dra306] template or some gnome subrace refluffed to Dark/Light Gnomes. Since light is banned anyway we can pretend that there were a light subschool to illusion[Which makes sense given that illusions are part light]. I think it could be fun to play a character that not only failed but now after having been reborn finds that he can't access his source of power (light) anymore and have to resort to shadow which there is all sorts of stigma around with his people.

16. - Top - End - #46

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Uriel Rammheim

Lesser Duergar, Male, Frontliner
    Special Attacks: Stun and Trip

Spoiler: Statistic Block
    Show

Uriel Rammheim
    Male CG Lesser Duergar Monk4 / Barbarian2, Level 6, Init 2, HP 56/56, Speed 40
    AC 17, Touch 16, Flat-footed 15, Fort 9, Ref 7, Will 9, Base Attack Bonus +5
    Magic Unarmed Strike +8 (1d8+3, ×2)
    Crystal of return, least (draw as free action) +1 Guisarme +9 (2d4+5, ×3)
    MW, cold iron Kama +5 (1d6+3, ×2)
    Bracers of armor +1 (+1 Armor, +2 Dex, +4 Misc)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 4
    Condition None

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show

Nobody knows where Uriel came from - at least he doesn't know. Maybe he was kidnapped as a young dwarf or sold as a slave. All he knows is that he was working for The Order (a group of evil, ultra religious sociopaths) since he could remember.

First he was trained in the monastery and years later to do all the jobs you have to do as part of The Order. Everything from blackmailing, collecting protection money or arranging accidents.

He did this for years and he was good at it but he wasn't the quiet and obedient thug they wanted him to be.

Instead he was full of emotions. He liked it to laugh, often he was angry or happy. Sometimes he prefered it to lay in the grass than waiting around a dark corner for his “clients“.
    Inbetween jobs, he spent a lot of time reading. To learn new things and to remember what he knows since forever.

A few years before the final fight, he met Gustave.
    Gustave was the former of a camp full of refugees and outcasts. Everbody who hasn't a place in this world could find a home at Gustaves place as long as you respect the others.
    Gustave was a bit like Robin Hood.

He told Uriel that there is another way. That Uriel*could leave The Order and live his life full of pleasure.

Uriel learned to live with his emotions. There was no need to suppress them. He even found a way to focus his anger and turns it into pure strength!

He realised that it was time to leave The Order and do good things instead. He tried to bend his Karma to the other side - every iniquity should be corrected and compensated.

He left all behind - The Order, their god, their rules, his usual life.
    While wandering around, he met a man of the woods. Beoren he called himself. A man living not from, but with the nature. Beoren showed Uriel how Lions charge, how a pack of wolves trips their prey, he showed him how Uriel can use his anger to turn himself into a mighty bear. He was it, who gave Uriel his second name: Rammheim, the one who plows through everything and all.

Instead of an evil deity, Uriel follows now the call of nature, the howling of the wolves and the roar of the lions.

Soon he heard about an evil invader into his homelands and that a resistance is built. Uriel had to become part of this group! Stopping a big evil should be a big step into balancing his karma. The rest is history...

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

This looks nice, Sandboxy but in the good way of there always being something that must be done. I'm looking at maybe going a paladin but they might be a little UP. Maybe tracking to become a Skylord next level?

They both fit with the wandering divine hero archetype I'm going towards, but sort of lack much utility.

Would you allow spirit totem barbarians (from Complete Champion) and prestige paladins?

I reckon in this case, my first level would basically be a journey to some mountaintop so a can meditate for a week and restore my companion to life as well, then descend to once more work on behalf of the innocent.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JbeJ275 View Post
    This looks nice, Sandboxy but in the good way of there always being something that must be done. I'm looking at maybe going a paladin but they might be a little UP. Maybe tracking to become a Skylord next level?

They both fit with the wandering divine hero archetype I'm going towards, but sort of lack much utility.

Would you allow spirit totem barbarians (from Complete Champion) and prestige paladins?

I reckon in this case, my first level would basically be a journey to some mountaintop so a can meditate for a week and restore my companion to life as well, then descend to once more work on behalf of the innocent.
    yes, all that is fine.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

"Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a question that I'm not sure if it has been answered yet: I understand that the Elder Evils are in play here. What is the base world that was unfortunate enough to have the awakening? Just wanting to make sure I am operating under the appropriate pantheons and cosmology.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a question that I'm not sure if it has been answered yet: I understand that the Elder Evils are in play here. What is the base world that was unfortunate enough to have the awakening? Just wanting to make sure I am operating under the appropriate pantheons and cosmology.
    It's a homebrew world. Feel free to invent or use whatever you like, we'll shoe-horn or find a similar thing for you after selection. =)

21. - Top - End - #51

GreenSorcererElf

Show

Violet, A Faerie Affair

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Anastas

Here is Anastas, Nomadic warrior turned conscript into a paladin order.
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2019-10-03 at 04:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

23. - Top - End - #53

Mind exists.

Pretty much complete, just need some minor supplies I suppose.
    INTP-A.
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Spoiler: Other Avatars
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Reshgar is still a work in progress. Got all the class things out of the way, just needing skills and gear. Definitely built like a frontliner.

25. - Top - End - #55

Chimera

The earth yet speaks, but in a foreign tongue.

Early WIP for Esse of the Eastern Hills, a Druid returning to an ecosystem where the only things that have grown in a century are fungi, oozes and other creepy stuff.
    Last edited by infomatic; 2019-10-05 at 10:35 AM.
    "My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it."
    — The Dragon, to Grendel

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Question:
    Does anything give off light in this setting?
    Ex does fire give off light, are there light producing fungi or plants?

EDIT:
    I am considering putting forth a radiant servant of pelor with Servant of the Fallen and Initiate of Amaunator Pelor.

Mechanics Question: Do you interpret the RSoP empowered healing ability to mix with the Spontaneous Domain Casting ACF of phb2
    Last edited by Novabomb; 2019-10-04 at 11:45 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Novabomb View Post
    Question:
    Does anything give off light in this setting?
    Ex does fire give off light, are there light producing fungi or plants?

EDIT:
    I am considering putting forth a radiant servant of pelor with Servant of the Fallen and Initiate of Amaunator Pelor.

Mechanics Question: Do you interpret the RSoP empowered healing ability to mix with the Spontaneous Domain Casting ACF of phb2
    You don’t know, you’ve been dead for 200+ years. DMs are discussing sight options for the lesser-sighted races.

Can you explain your mechanics question?

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh... How could I not at least put some interest in this game? Let's see if I'll be able to come up with an interesting character
    Last edited by CozJa; 2019-10-05 at 03:30 AM.
    Does this poster have a sign?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Can you explain your mechanics question?
    https://www.enworld.org/threads/afc-...-pelor.335338/

TL;DR The PrC's "Supreme Healing" ability only activates when you cast a healing domain spell. Spontaneous Domain allows you to replace your spontaneous cure/inflicts with one of your domains.
    The question is: If a character has spontaneous domain (healing) and the Supreme Healing ability, will their spontaneous healing domain spells get the benefit?
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, I believe I am done with character details and background. Got some change to spend, as I always seem to, but otherwise Reshgar is all set.