The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 196
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Luccan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Old West
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    Quelle leaps to her feet and grabs for her flail Get back! she yells to the other patrons.

    Spoiler: initiative!
    Show

    (1d6+1)[4]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

    I for one support the Gnoman Empire.
    Avatar by linklele

    Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

    E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

    E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand


  2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    Initiative 1d6 (1d6)[6]

    Django quickly moves away to hide among patrons (light footed), he will try to get behind the berserker.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    Time to find out how well this new hammer works! Aldren eyes the berserker cautiously and takes a few steps back, unsure if he can survive a hit from one of those serrated knives.

    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    (1d6)[5]
    I go by They/Them pronouns, BTW.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    The bartender shouts and hollers for someone, anyone to come help. Tvarkin has gone mad! There are distant shouts from the pit, far off voices approaching.

    With the party surprised, like most of the tavern, Tvarkin, battle mad, swings wildly twice in the direction of a random bar folk.

    Spoiler: Tvarkin's attacks
    Show

    Knife 1 (1d20+0)[6]
    Knife 1 damage (1d4+2)[4]
    Knife 2 (1d20+0)[14]
    Knife 2 damage (1d4+2)[3]

    Random Bar Folk's HD (1d4)[1]

    Rounds until help shows up (1d4+1)[3]


    Quelle draws their flail and shouts for the patrons to flee. Django runs into the slimming crowd. Alden draws their hammer, taking a few cautious steps back.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    The old man falls, cut roughly, onto the floor. Tvarkin turns to the rest of the Sunken Squall and snarls and shouts like a wild pig. He advances, swinging his daggers like a blender.

    Spoiler: Tvarkin's Initiative this round
    Show

    (1d6-1)[5]

    Rounds until help arrives: 3

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    Initiative (1d6)[6]

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    Spoiler
    Show
    Just for future reference guys, this is how I'll do things when we're in initiative. Everyone declare what you're going to do, then in the same post roll Initiative, and any other attack and damage rolls you might be making, like how I did for Tvarkin a couple posts back. Then, once all the NPCs and players have stated their actions, I'll narrate what happens and the order it happens based on initiative, and we'll begin a new round (we reroll initiative each round)

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Luccan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Old West
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    Quelle rushes the crazed pit fighter, hoping to strike before he can hurt anyone else

    Spoiler: initiative+to-hit+damage
    Show

    (1d6+1)[4]
    (1d20+2)[6]
    (1d8+1)[7]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

    I for one support the Gnoman Empire.
    Avatar by linklele

    Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

    E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

    E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand


  9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    Quote Originally Posted by batsharkgrapple View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just for future reference guys, this is how I'll do things when we're in initiative. Everyone declare what you're going to do, then in the same post roll Initiative, and any other attack and damage rolls you might be making, like how I did for Tvarkin a couple posts back. Then, once all the NPCs and players have stated their actions, I'll narrate what happens and the order it happens based on initiative, and we'll begin a new round (we reroll initiative each round)
    Understood!


    While hiding, Django prepares his sword and will wait for the right moment when Mad Tvarkin engages anyone, so he can hurts his Achilles tendons.


    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Roll for initiative (1d6)[2] Still since Django is waiting he cancels racial bonus initiative, that I forgot to add in the past rolls anyway =P
    THAC (1d20+2)[14] Unseen Attack from above or behind & the target cannot count any shield bonustowards their armour class.
    ShortSwordDmg (1d6)[6]

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    Aldren looks at the old man, a look of concern on his face. Then he raises his hammer above his head and charges directly towards the berserker.

    Initiative: (1d6)[6]
    Attack: (1d20+1)[4]
    Damage: (1d6)[2]
    I go by They/Them pronouns, BTW.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    Tvarkin hops over the murdered patron, and charges to meet with Quelle and Aldren, not at all noticing the Halfling.
    A bald man in overalls hurls a beer stein at the brute.

    Spoiler: Attacks
    Show

    Initiative (1d6-1)[1]
    Dagger vs Quelle (1d20+0)[16]
    Dagger 1 damage (1d4+2)[3]
    Dagger vs Aldren (1d20+0)[7]
    Dagger 2 damage (1d4+2)[6]

    Rounds Until Help arrives: 2

    Random Patron's attack (1d20+0)[7]
    Beer stein (1d3)[3]
    Random Bar Patron Initiative (1d6)[2]

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    Aldren swiftly charges forward, bringing down their mighty hammer. Tvarkin dodges backwards, and the hammer throws sparks when it slams the cobbled ground.
    Quelle also charges, inserting themself between Tvarkin and other patrons, Swinging their mighty sea urchin flail. None of the urchins make contact, with only once glancing the mad fighter's helm.

    Django, unseen by the helmed brute, severs the tendons in Tvarkin's feet. The brute shouts madly and dire, and falls to his knees, allowing a random patron's thrown beer stein turned missile to sail over his head, shattering on the wall.

    Tvarkin swings madly, like a bull in a red velvet room, indiscriminate of who he butchers.
    His second swipe misses Aldren, but his first dagger plunges into Quelle's thigh, spraying blood all over the floor.

    Spoiler: Current wounds
    Show
    Tvarkin is at 8/14 HP
    Quelle is at 3/6 HP

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    Aldren exclaims in shock, as the dagger was an inch from running him through, but hefts his hammer up again to swing at Tvarkin. Its a bit heavier than the stuff I normally use, I prefer to get a bit of practice before Iím thrown into a life and death situation

    Initiative (1d6)[4]
    Attack (1d20+1)[7]
    Damage (1d6)[1]
    I go by They/Them pronouns, BTW.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    Watching Quelle get hurt by the berserker is too much for Django, being that the berserker is already knelt, Django will finish him, attacking between the pauldron (if he Is wearing one) and the neck.


    Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    Roll for initiative (1d6+1)[7]
    THAC (1d20+2)[15] Unseen Attack from above or behind & the target cannot count any shield bonus towards their armour class.
    ShortSwordDmg (1d6)[2] backstab + height is full damage or x2? Dont have the book @hand

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Luccan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Old West
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    Quelle cries out in pain. The wound is fierce, but she holds her ground That will be your last strike, wretch! She swings again, aiming for his head.

    Spoiler: stuff
    Show

    Initiative (1d6+1)[3]
    To hit (1d20+2)[8]
    Damage (1d8+1)[5]

    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

    I for one support the Gnoman Empire.
    Avatar by linklele

    Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

    E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

    E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand


  16. - Top - End - #46
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    The wounded brute whips his spiked helm around at Django, who has so far used his size against him, howling madly.

    Spoiler: combat
    Show

    Everyone has a +4 to hit Tvarkin while he's prone, and he has a -2 to hit, so I've included that
    Tvarkin Initiative (1d6-1)[1]
    Spiked Helm Bash to hit (1d20-2)[8]
    Spiked helm damage (1d6+2)[7]

    Morale check (Tvarkin needs an 8 or above in this mad state to break morale) (2d6)[11]


    Rounds til help arrives: 1

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    Django's sword goes right through the soft of the mad brawler's neck. He rasps and gurgles, adrenaline and perhaps some cocktail of arena drugs keeping him tenuously alive.
    Seeing an opening, Aldren brings down their hammer, cracking him horribly in the left shoulder. Tvarkin's left arm goes slack, and a crazed blankness takes his face beneath the helm.
    Quelle, seeking revenge for the wound dealt to her, swings the flail with great acuity! The wickedly barbed echinoderms riddle the muscled beast with holes.

    Before striking the Halfling, Tvarkin's morale is broken. He lets out a modulating, wounded cry, like a beached whale. He screams out for MERCY! MERCY! (with his brute tone, demanding it, rather than asking for it) and throws his hands over his head on the ground.

    Spoiler: Wounds
    Show

    Tvarkin 1/14
    Quelle 3/6

    We're basically out of Initiative now. Judging by sounds you here, help arrives in 6 seconds, so whether you spare him is up to you.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    Aldren quickly rushes to the old man that Tvarkin stabbed. I donít think he was shown much mercy.

    He tries to see if the old man is dead or just injured, thinking that to be more important than whether to show the brute mercy.
    I go by They/Them pronouns, BTW.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    Django pushes Tvarkin face down to the ground, and while removing the berserker daggers -with both the intention of disarming Tvarkin and to increase our group arsenal- says "true, he didn't show mercy, but we can't afford to explain our selves to authority, his ludist or one of his fellows gladiator, we need to heal Quelle and continue our quest, besides, if Tvarkin has any honor left he owes, big time, agree?" Guido pokes Tvarkin ribs with one of the daggers and ask again "Right?"

    Guido then proceeds to check Tvarkin for concelead weapons and other goods he might be carrying, and of course put everything in his owns pockets.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    Quote Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
    Aldren quickly rushes to the old man that Tvarkin stabbed. I donít think he was shown much mercy.

    He tries to see if the old man is dead or just injured, thinking that to be more important than whether to show the brute mercy.
    "Aldren, it seems that oldtimer is gone, could you please bless our Quelle? this brute" Django pokes Tvarkin in the ribs with one of his former daggers again "scratched her bad"

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Luccan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Old West
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    Quelle presses her hand to the wound, attempting to staunch the flow somewhat.Django is right, we don't need any trouble that might come from taking justice into our own hands. Besides which- She grunts in pain Besides which, who knows what drive him mad. Perhaps it would be best to not remain too close or spill any more of his blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

    I for one support the Gnoman Empire.
    Avatar by linklele

    Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

    E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

    E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand


  22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    I would heal that wound if I could, but the secrets of the ancient physician arts are beyond my current knowledge. I would help if I could.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    as a level 1 cleric I canít cast spells yet.
    I go by They/Them pronouns, BTW.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Luccan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Old West
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    I'll be fine for now. I have a protective spell I can cast on myself, if need be. I had not thought his strikes would be so accurate in his enraged state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

    I for one support the Gnoman Empire.
    Avatar by linklele

    Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

    E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

    E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand


  24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    Quote Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
    I would heal that wound if I could, but the secrets of the ancient physician arts are beyond my current knowledge. I would help if I could.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    as a level 1 cleric I canít cast spells yet.
    Spoiler: occ
    Show
    Its true! Sorry completly forgot about lvl 1 RC priest!


    Worry not! Quelle is managing on her own!

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    Aldren rushes to the old man. His wispy grey hair is dipped in the scarlet lifeblood gathering in the cobbles like a macabre paintbrush. He is not breathing and has no pulse.

    Tvarkin grunts as the halfling stands over him, searching him. All he says, You will regret killing me. I fight well. Whether this a declaration of loyalty, a threat, or a half-dying madness from this dim brawler remains to be seen. Django takes the brute's weaponry. These serrated daggers tear flesh on a well placed stab.
    Spoiler: Daggers
    Show
    These daggers crit on an 18-20.

    Django also finds a grisly whip, made from the bones of a human spine.

    The door to the tavern slams open, and in come four people. They are not wearing the lacquered grey mail of the Southern guard, rather they are two pit fighters, their master, and a squire. The two pit fighters are in the lead, one amazonian woman, one herculean man, both dressed similarly to Tvarkin. The woman wears a buffalo skull helm, the man wears a golden alligator mask.
    The master is a lean man in a swooping violet robe, and greased back black hair. His squire is a young lady in pastel blue and green tunic and cloak. She holds a incense burner shaped like a totem pole, the smoke of which the master is breathing in.

    The master calls out with an effete, but confident voice. Everyone alright in here? He approaches Quelle and Aldren, keeping his distance from Tvarkin. Black hells, it's Tvarkin. What happened here?
    Last edited by batsharkgrapple; 2019-10-01 at 07:58 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Luccan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Old West
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    Quelle takes a steadying breath, testing her cut leg Your man went mad and started attacking patrons here. We convinced him it would be unwise to continue... Could someone make a bandage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

    I for one support the Gnoman Empire.
    Avatar by linklele

    Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

    E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

    E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand


  27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    Quote Originally Posted by batsharkgrapple View Post
    Black hells, it's Tvarkin. What happened here?
    "Hello there!"


    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Does Django recognize the lanista? Can Django know if they are Tvarkin friends or foes?

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    The group looks at this collection of unfamiliar faces.
    At Quelle's request, the herculean pit fighter approaches her. He tips up his golden alligator mask, revealing hard brown eyes and oily black curls. He studies the wound in Quelle's thigh for a moment, then produces a bandage, and roughly but expertly binds the wound.

    The young lady squire in pastels looks around at the carnage of the tavern with doe eyes. She speaks, You are in the presence of Pit-Master Alumina-menthus, savage broken fist of the Moonpale Walkway.
    Alumina-menthus, who seems too senior and soft-spoken to be 'savage', gives a curt nod to Django, and responds to Quelle.Ah yes, So I can see. Tvarkin's work speaks for itself here. He looks around to the street, a bit nervously. He lowers his voice a bit. Perhaps we could speak more privately, outside? If it will put you at ease, I will keep my fighters here, and only take my squire Phee.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    For Django, this situation looks like opportunity for either compensation, gold or a powerful ally. Django gives a look and a nod to his friends and wait for their decision.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Luccan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Old West
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

    Thank you Quelle says to the pit fighter who bound her wound. She follows Django outside to speak with the man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

    I for one support the Gnoman Empire.
    Avatar by linklele

    Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

    E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

    E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •