The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Default Re: (IC) Old Anteirobrahd-by-the-Spiral

Quote Originally Posted by batsharkgrapple View Post
    Saria arches an eyebrow. I suppose you could call it a personal quest. In fact, speaking personally, my pressing desire now is to make some decent friends. As many as possible, actually. I would be happy to accompany such a shrewd halfling and your fine looking companions on your quest. I can lend my skill at arms. I wouldn't ask a coin for it, after all, what are friends for?
    Guido, with all his experience along his traveling troupe, has learned that people that doesn’t ask for a coin in return usually are more expensive than regular openly greedy people, but also there are the honest people that are really in need of a group, just like himself… “All right Saria! Let’s promise to look after each other and share the bread and goods, then we join the rest of the group and start to meet each other!”

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Quelle glances at Aldren uncomfortably, the smile fading from her face. Hunted by other drow? If anything she had heard of dark elves in the past was accurate, his friends were dead at best. She slides a drink to the man and speaks A chance to clear your head in a different environment may be just what you need, Jashuan'Koliicvan. Would you be interested in joining us for a time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

I for one support the Gnoman Empire.

Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand

3. - Top - End - #183
    Halfling in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by OdeMx View Post
    Guido, with all his experience along his traveling troupe, has learned that people that doesn’t ask for a coin in return usually are more expensive than regular openly greedy people, but also there are the honest people that are really in need of a group, just like himself… “All right Saria! Let’s promise to look after each other and share the bread and goods, then we join the rest of the group and start to meet each other!”
    Nothing would make me happier than a promise of friendship. Saria of Clenne eagerly joins Django.

Quote Originally Posted by Luccan View Post
    Quelle glances at Aldren uncomfortably, the smile fading from her face. Hunted by other drow? If anything she had heard of dark elves in the past was accurate, his friends were dead at best. She slides a drink to the man and speaks A chance to clear your head in a different environment may be just what you need, Jashuan'Koliicvan. Would you be interested in joining us for a time?
    Jashuan takes the gin and stomachs it, grimacing all the while. Absolutely, I am thinking many yes. I will join you and your many, capable looking friends. As a sign of gratitude, the dark elf retrieves a bundle of mauve coloured fungus, not unlike a bunch of asparagus. He places the bundle of seven on the table in front of Quelle and Aldren. Ahm, this is a type of fungus from deep country, called Mheghange. Chew on for many good feelings.

Spoiler: Mheghange
    Show
    Mheghange acts as a nonmagical potion of cure light wounds.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Django takes Saria of Cleane to the other table and merrily introduces her to the group, then lightly questions Joshuan and welcomes him to the group.

"Ok, brothers, lets feast to thank the gods for the blessing of meting each other! after this we depart to adventure and glory, so godspeed!"

5. - Top - End - #185

Flumph

We are back on the Street Of The Glutton, a disused street with only few buildings, and these ones are mostly abandoned. The Ravishment arranges to meet you outside the fungus. He is holding a sheath of parchment, his research conducted on the fungus so far. He looks disapprovingly at the dark elf in your company, muttering. You are here to collect the core of the fungus to complete your courier job for the alchemist on the surface city, Brother Mickelin.

Aldren the cleric of the Sphinx, Quelle the Elf, and Django the Halfling, you are joined by Saria of Clenne, a burly woman with a scimitar who knows how to fight (who seems unusually friendly despite her standoffish nature) and Jashuan, a dark elf with a rapier and his own spelunking gear (who is on the run from his own kind). His eyes widen as you enter the street, he seems to recognize it.

The entire building is covered in a great uneven dome. The dome is a colour like rancid mayonnaise, flecked with holes large and small. The entire living structure breathes, and sways with a nonexistent wind. There are several man-sized holes near the base of the great fungus.
    A Labrador sized christmas beetle hovers around the apex.

The fungus may have grown a few inches.

There are two viable entrances to the apartment complex you can see. You could also attempt to make one. It seems dark inside.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Guido stares at the building "lets split and take an entrance each group? and try to meet inside, you guys ok with that?"

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

By the Seven Guardian Gargoyles, this Drow has bad luck. Aldren felt sympathy for his plight but worried that the Dark elves would see him as an enemy too. The Veins of the earth sounded appealing though, who knew what secrets could be buried there.

Aldren snaps out of his reverie when they arrive at the fungus. It appears to be... growing. He listens to the hafling’s plan and shakes his head. There is a proverb, as old as Delvere have existed: Never split the party. Nonetheless, if we are to do so I will take Jashuan with me.

He realizes that taking Jash with him after recruiting him might be showing too much interest, so he quickly adds: Since I am a front line warrior who can attempt first aid. Saria is also a warrior and would be better placed with the other two. This configuration is the most strategic.
    I go by They/Them pronouns, BTW.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

I hesitate to ignore such ancient wisdom, but perhaps we will have a better idea of the danger as we approach Quelle looks to the apprehensive drow Something troubles you about this fungus?
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

9. - Top - End - #189

Flumph

I hesitate to ignore such ancient wisdom, but perhaps we will have a better idea of the danger as we approach Quelle looks to the apprehensive drow Something troubles you about this fungus?
    Jashuan's eyes are watering. It's hard to tell whether with sadness, anger, or something in between. Not fungus, elf. I am seeing many fungus in Veins beneath. It is the street, and house. The Ravishment of Many shades peers up from under his hood, with a Hrrmph? and the drow lowers his voice, barely audible. We are on street where friend Sedent lived. We are sometimes coming here for cacao biscuits and tea after fungus raid in Veins. And now Sedent is going missing and mushroom is growing on house.. Jashuan is breaking out in a hot sweat.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Django suddenly realizes that the Man Boy Sedent is the same that used to work for the Ravishment, was The Ravishment the hooded figure? “So you guys have a friend in common, you never meet before?”

11. - Top - End - #191

Flumph

Django suddenly realizes that the Man Boy Sedent is the same that used to work for the Ravishment, was The Ravishment the hooded figure? “So you guys have a friend in common, you never meet before?”
    Jashuan seems confused at this statement. The Ravishment seems a bit cross, upset Django would imply that his apprentice would pal around with evil elf-folk.
    It does seem certain that the Sedent who lived at this building is one and the same.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by batsharkgrapple View Post
    Jashuan seems confused at this statement. The Ravishment seems a bit cross, upset Django would imply that his apprentice would pal around with evil elf-folk.
    It does seem certain that the Sedent who lived at this building is one and the same.
    Django speaks to the whole group "Ok Brothers, apparently Sedant had a life that even when both Master Ravishment and Jashuan where close to him, neither of them knew about. Before we enter, I think is important to update Master Ravishment on Sedant side job..." Django proceeds to quickly update the Ravishment on the fungus raids with the other group, and after that continues "Master Ravishment, after this information, is there anything else you need to ask Jashuan or can you deduce what might have caused this? I dont know, but what are the odds that Sedant was serving a 3rd master and his fungus got out of control or this is some kind of revenge from the other master?"

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Django speaks to the whole group "Ok Brothers, apparently Sedant had a life that even when both Master Ravishment and Jashuan where close to him, neither of them knew about. Before we enter, I think is important to update Master Ravishment on Sedant side job..." Django proceeds to quickly update the Ravishment on the fungus raids with the other group, and after that continues "Master Ravishment, after this information, is there anything else you need to ask Jashuan or can you deduce what might have caused this? I dont know, but what are the odds that Sedant was serving a 3rd master and his fungus got out of control or this is some kind of revenge from the other master?"
    Quelle places a hand on Django's shoulder All questions worth pursuing, but is it relevant right now? Unless it enlightens us on the destruction of this fungus... She turns to Jashuan and gestures toward the fungus I know it's not what disturbed you, but do you recognize it at all? She nods back to the group I'll defer to The Ravishment of Many Shades on whether or not we should discuss this now, as this effects him the most, and I apologize for any impertinence. I urge you to put aside any distaste to consider any signs that Sedent may not have been as forthcoming as you believed. A separate contracter could be a threat to you personally.
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

14. - Top - End - #194

Flumph

The Ravishment's eyes water with anger at the suggestion his servant was colluding with another. I have not a clue what might have caused this. Somehow the fungus got free of its capsule. I had thought the boy Sedent was loyal to me, I had no knowledge of his loyalty to drow. He spits on the cobbles. I couldn't begin positing of a third master. No, the boy was good. He had some bad habits and was fond of the pipe, but what boy isn't? He was an expeditious courier.

Quelle places a hand on Django's shoulder All questions worth pursuing, but is it relevant right now? Unless it enlightens us on the destruction of this fungus... She turns to Jashuan and gestures toward the fungus I know it's not what disturbed you, but do you recognize it at all? She nods back to the group I'll defer to The Ravishment of Many Shades on whether or not we should discuss this now, as this effects him the most, and I apologize for any impertinence. I urge you to put aside any distaste to consider any signs that Sedent may not have been as forthcoming as you believed. A separate contracter could be a threat to you personally.
    Jashuan gulps and nods. It is Tarzetta. It is growing quickly. Jashuan drops his voice to a whisper, out of earshot of the Ravishment and Saria of Clenne. This angry man back here in cloak is fungus man, yeah? Woman who hired me and Sedent, one who sent us into Under-veins for rare mushrooms? Sedent is always getting extra gold because he is bringing rare mushroom from elsewhere, too. I am thinking he is knicking it from angry man here.
    The dark elf's ears twitch, he looks up at a beetle on the fungus. Then, louder, I am not thinking my people are doing this. They poison or cut throat, or bring you down to Matron Mother for flaying.
    Last edited by batsharkgrapple; 2020-01-05 at 09:31 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Django nods to Saria and instructs her to proceed entering the building. "Lets get done with this!"

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing Django and Saria ready themselves, Quelle slings her new bow off her back and knocks an arrow Well, we'll learn little standing around, I suppose She'll follow the others and if they split up go with Jashuan.
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show