New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Tribes of Twelve Seas [IC]

Ratalan Tribe

Spoiler: Rataloka Island
    Show

Your tribe has collected 4 Wood from island jungles. It’ll be useful in making long-shafted weapons, musical instruments and writing tablets.

Your population grew by 6 Villagers and you can induct 2 Villagers into the ranks of Castes, if you chose so.

Your Island provided your villagers with 20 Food worth of mushrooms and fruits.

Your tribe is Generous. The old sayings of the people are, that generosity brings wealth and it’s certainly easier to make friends with generous spirit, rather then miserly one.

Your island has rich Volcanic Lands, providing bountiful harvests from soil, enriched by volcanic ash.

Your sailors chartered currents to the Red Island. The entire Red Island is covered by blooming red flowers. They lack thorns and give away a strong aroma. Red Island’s terrain is low hills with three small rivers running through it. There is a constant buzz of insects, that build pillar-like hives.
    Last edited by Kessler; 2019-11-01 at 06:19 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Ratalan Tribe

The bonfires are dying down and the celebrations coming to a close as Taraloka calls the Ratalan tribe together. "My people! Hear the word of Ratal!" A crowd of villagers draws around the high priestess, ready for her teachings. "Our dreamers have dreamt of others, navigating the currents of the sea once more! We must be ready to greet our lost brothers and sisters with open arms in the name of Ratal! It is his will that we too take to our canoes once again, for his glory!" The preaching continues into the night, as the tribe decides just how to prepare for the task ahead. Days later, the first canoes set out from Rataloka Island, in search of new lands and new friends.

Show
    Induct 1 villager as a Trader and 1 as a Sailor.
    1 Trader and 2 Villagers search for valuable resources
    Okara Okano and 2 Dreamers search their dreams for messages from the gods.
    Anok, empowered by 1 mana and 2 Crafters attempt to create ritual implements using 1 wood.

Spoiler: Red Island
    Show

1 Trader and 2 Villagers search for valuable resources
    1 Priest searches for divine presence

Spoiler: Middle Sea
    Show
    3 Sailors try to chart a course to new islands.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

The Groh

Spoiler: Ratalan Tribe
    Show
    Greeting from Groh.

We ask if you might be interested in trade. If you give us a resource we can use our sacred crafting to create two of what you ask for (or something very similar), and you shall receive one of the finished items. Or you could give us two resources so we can use our sacred crafting to create a single item of high quality for you.

Our sacred craftsmen are also willing to craft a stone item next season for your tribe if your priests were to help ours in a matter of wards and protection this season. The dead grow ever more weary, if your priests would help ours to appease the dead and protect Groh; we would be grateful and reward you with a creation of stone next season.

Stay strong, endure.

Spoiler: Ash Island
    Show

Spoiler: In Dreams Between Two Friends...
    Show
    "Well, Grom, is everything going as well as you expected? Last I saw you, you had high hopes in your chances to take our neighbor's challenge." Said the silhouette form of Iso, the only discernible part of his face being his white eye.

"They're challenge is indeed worthy of us; I'll admit that their tools are superior to our own. For now. We'll find a way to succeed, or at least make our hosts remember the Groh's inner strength." Grom said back

"Right, so does that mean you would not want me to come over there with our stone tools and knives to help you guys?"

"I think..."

If the Ash Tribe find it acceptable (or at least, Grom understands that it would be acceptable), Grom will have Iso Rockeye join the Groh in the competition (to guide the warriors), bringing along the Stone Tools (2) and the Red-Finned Storm Fish 2 for the crafters to use, and the Stone Knives for the warriors. If this is potentially offensive to the Ash Tribe or a show of great weakness, Grom will not ask Iso to come.

Grom will have his traders try and negotiate with the other contestants, particularly with the warriors, to try and create some alliances in the coming challenges. They'll offer splitting the food and treasures, the Groh taking none of the extra food, and only half of a share of treasure; however they do state that Burnscar would go to the Groh. The Traders are acting in good faith, being blunt and truthful about what they offer and what they want, but leaving little room for negotiation.

Grom will try to inspire the warriors, to be exemplars of what it is to be of the Groh, strong and enduring. Even if they lose, they must make those they face respect the Groh. (The inspiring speech is not to represent Grom helping with their action, simply to show the 1 mana investment from earlier, leaving 3 left. If Iso is available, he'll do the talking, properly aiding the warriors action unlike what Grom can do.)

The crafters will stick to what the Groh naturally prefer, simple yet high-quality craft. Using what materials are available Grom will oversee the crafters personally to make sure everything is as he desires. He prays to the Statue god and the spirits that watch his craftsmen that they may succeed even if they have inferior material. (Grom is properly aiding the crafters here. I'll invest 2 Mana into this, leaving me with 1 left, since I think they'll need the boost to have a chance at properly impressing the other tribes-people.)
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2019-11-01 at 11:19 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Ratalan Tribe

Spoiler: Groh
    Show
    That would be wonderful! We can gladly send over some canoes with wood for the crafting and priests to help you appease the dead. So says Ratal.

Spoiler: Groh Island
    Show
    Canoes from Rataloka carrying 1 wood, 2 villagers, 1 warrior, and 1 priest arrive for the exchange.
    Last edited by bc56; 2019-11-02 at 06:37 PM.

My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ash Tribe Contest

A number of tribes have gathered for the contests of strength organized by the Ash Tribe - Groh, Stone-Heads, Masked Tribe and Fish-Talkers. It’s still possible for a last minute arrivals to join in, before the last feast is done and the contests begin. During the preparations, Trader Jin of Masked Tribe persuaded Ash to have diving as one of the contests. The tribesmen shall dive to search through shells, pots and stones to find a pearl hidden in one of them. The first to find it will win. Another contest would be that of weapons, where warriors shall fight until their enemy surrenders or their weapon is lost or broken. The contest uses ceremonial shields, to block weapon attacks. They are also very heavy, so if skill doesn't prevail, the contest will be decided by Endurance. The third contest remains a secret from all tribes, including Ash - it will be chosen by the Gods.

Ratalan Tribe

Show

The entire Red Island is covered by blooming red flowers. They lack thorns and give away a strong aroma. Red Island’s terrain is low hills with three small rivers running through it. There is a constant buzz of insects, that build pillar-like hives all around the island. There is Grass 2 to be harvested on the island, useful for making clothes and 20 Food worth of berries, fruits and river fish.

The Priests are concerned, as they sense a powerful spirit on the Island, they suspect to be malign. It’s connected to the red flowers, that draw your villagers and traders to them with their intoxicating smell. Already Ratalan tribesmen idle around, smiling and relaxing in the soft meadows. The priests believe that the spirit should be confronted or it’s influence curtailed in another manner. They are more then match to the spirit in skill and power, but it would improve odds to have assistance of either villagers or other priests, to extend the range of the ritual to all places, where the red flowers grow.

Show

Groh Island has Fortifications, built around old ruins. Groh have also constructed Halls of Crafting & Weaving. The mood of the tribe appears to be high - villagers are working happily. Your priests don't feel any strong curses present in the Village.

Show

(Forgot to include it. Your Tribe has constructed one Building of your choice previous Turn.)

Show

You need to specify the islands, to which you are charting course (you can check the map).

Groh

Show

Ash Tribe doesn’t find use of tools and weapons offensive - indeed they seem to favor contests, where they can use their own to gain advantage.

Grom finds little progress with Fish-Talkers - they seem intent on acquiring the Burnscar. The Stone-Heads are eager to join an alliance, but their eagerness betrays their weakness. It seems they don’t think they can succeed on their own and are desperate for allies. Masked Tribe on the other hand, is more reserved - they seem willing to ally, but leave negotiations for rewards open - Groh can keep Burnscar, but if victory is primarily delivered by Masked Tribe, they’ll view it as a favor given to Groh.

Only Stone-Heads are willing to ally with more than one tribe. Others refuse greater alliances, citing low rewards or this giving too much honor to Ash, by showing it takes three tribes to beat them.
    Last edited by Kessler; 2019-11-03 at 07:12 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Ratalan Tribe

Show
    The building I'll have built is a Hall of Festivals

Show
    After discovering the malign spirit on Red Island, Taraloka and 1 Priest will attempt to combat its intoxicating influence.

Show
    The sailors will try to chart a course to Stone Flowers Island

My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ratalan Tribe

Show

The Priests work on subduing the spirit. The ritual goes without anything unexpected happening, almost a routine. Though the spirit seeks to lull Priests into a powerless slumber, they resist it's powers and with loud shouts drive it back. It seems Ratalan Priests were either lucky or favored by fate, catching the spirit at its weakest. It should no longer tempt tribesmen. The priests harvest Red Flower 2, as a symbol of their victory. There is a discussion about what to do now - put the spirit to slumber, ask it for tribute or perhaps bind its powers to serve the tribe. It’s powers can grant pleasant feelings, intoxication, take away the pain and worries.

Show

Hall of Festivals is constructed. Celebrations are held there improving the morale of Tribe and Castes. Visitors from other Islands are welcomed in the Hall, to show generosity and wealth of Ratalan Tribe, improving tribe’s reputation.

Spoiler: Stone Flowers Island
    Show

Your sailors charter currents to the Stone Flowers Island.

Stone Flowers Island is actually two dozen mountain spires rising from the ocean. Narrow, steep, and very difficult to climb, they have flat slabs of stone balanced on their tops. Though it seems that they would could plunge down into water any second, they have withstood many storms without falling. The lowest of the stone spires can be climbed with difficulty, but those higher are almost impossible to reach.

There are mushrooms growing on one of the lower spires that can provide Food 5 and there is Grass 2, suitable for making durable clothes. There are also plates on top of spires, that are unreachable.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Ratalan Tribe

Show
    Bind the red spirit into the service of Ratal. Its powers will be of use for healing.

Spoiler: Stone-Flowers Island
    Show
    The sailors return to Rataloka with news of the island, planning to return with ropes and tools to climb with later.

Show
    1 wood is turned over to the Groh so they can make musical instruments for the Ratalan. The Ratalan priest, villagers, and warrior will aid the Groh in appeasing the dead as requested.

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Hell's Tribe

Shog the unyielding grins happily as he arrives at the Ash Tribe for the games. Over his shoulder he carries a bone spear with what appears to be a well sharpened horn on the end and he is clad in various hides from hunts. Several other tribes people join him most seemingly equipped with sticks and rocks with hide clothes.

Upon arriving they seemed eager to feast and extremely excited about the sparring examining the shields that are going to be used if they are allowed to.

Spoiler: GM
    Show

If they are allowed to look at the shields with the Ash Tribe presumably watching they are going to examine them looking for any weakness in them either physically or in their usability. Shog will also try to get used to the feeling of them as he will obviously be the extra fighter.

Seeing Fisher is not an option I will choose warrior for the rank up.

Also the Karrowmal haven't spoken recently. What happens if they don't do anything before the EoT? Should I just ignore the question I asked them about a joint raid and just continue on normally.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

The Groh

Show
    The guests from the Ratalan Tribe are meet with the white-faced priests and white-handed craftsmen of the Groh. They guide the group through the fortifications and the Old Stoneworks littering the island to a place where they can have their fill of food and rest from their journey.

One of the group of Groh Crafters will take the 1 Wood into the Crafter's Hall and focus on making the musical instruments that the Ratalan's requested. A bit of an odd request the Groh cannot help but show on their faces, but one they'll do their best to fulfill. Besides, it would be nice to hand one of the finished pieces over to the Ratalan guests and hear how they play.

The priests inform the Ratalan's more on what they want, in regards to the dead. It's not that their is an active curse affecting the Groh specifically, just that the procession of the dead from the wake of the Godsplash frighten those that go out into sea or listen to the tales of frightened sailors. While this might or might not be an actual problem, it would be a great relief to the villagers of Groh to have priests preform rituals that would either appease these dead somehow, or ward Groh from these tragic figures and what misfortune they may bring. How specifically the Ratalan's want to help in this is up to them, but the Groh priests feel that somehow warding Groh may work best (but they are the type to "weather the storm" rather than stop it or direct it elsewhere... the wisdom in that is up for the Ratalan's to decide, and in truth the Groh don't know how to respond).

Show
    I'm not sure if there is anything I need to do here, at least as of now.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ratalan Tribe

Show

The Priests draw power from the spirit, obtaining Miracle of Soothing 2. It could be used to take away pain and exhaustion, grant restorative slumber and help your Priests in treating wounds. There is enough power to use this Miracle twice.

Show

(I’ll wait for new instructions, based on Groh’s reply)

Hell’s Tribe

Spoiler: Korrowmal
    Show

(OOC - I’ll take them over for now.)

Our strength is greatest in the Middle Sea, but there seems to be enough skulls for everyone to crush. We may share. What is your proposal?

Show

(You mention several other tribespeople - do you mean Warriors?)

Craftsmen Level Check = Failed.

Unfortunately Shog can’t discern weakness in the ceremonial shield. It weighs a lot - clearly, not a shield that is used in combat, too heavy. The purpose of the shield is to test weapon, that will be used against it. Shog will need to make certain his opponents weapon breaks.

Groh

Show

(You can choose whether to ally with Stone-Heads or Masked Tribe, as you can’t ally with them both. I’ll run the contest, once I get your answer. Note, that Stone-Heads won't object against three tribes alliance, if Hell's Tribe joins in, but Masked Tribe will opt out.)

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    The Ratalan visitors, with this information, decide the best course of action is to perform a ritual to shield Groh from the procession of the dead. 1 Priest, 1 Warrior, and 2 Villagers, along with any aid the Groh give, will perform the ritual.

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

The Groh

Show
    The Groh priests will approve of the ritual, and will give their support to the Ratalans attempt to ward Groh from the procession of the dead.

When the wooden musical instruments are finished, they will be given to the Ratalan's.

Show
    The Groh will ally with the Masked Tribe for now, favoring those that are more confident. The Groh will do their best with the 2 paragons that are there, the 3 mana I was going to spend earlier will be used here I guess.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ratalan/Groh

Show

Wooden Musical Instruments 2 (Masterwork) are given to the Ratalan Tribe.

The Priests walk around the Island, chanting and clapping, to establish a barrier, that will hide it from the unwanted dead. Hopefully, they shall pass Groh Island by.

Ash Island

In the first competition, the warriors form rows with shields and advance on each other, striking against the opponents, so that they would fall from the ranks of their fellow warriors, while defending against attacks with heavy ceremonial shields. Those, whose weapons break or lost must withdraw. Stone-Heads Tribe is first to destroyed by the clashes. Fish-Talkers and Hell’s Tribe slowly wittle each other, with Hell’s Tribe having an upper hand. Meanwhile Groh and Masked Tribe press against Ash Tribe, giving their warriors no time to rest, so that eventually even their mighty warriors are overwhelmed with exhaustion. The end game is between Groh, Masked Tribe and Hell’s Tribe - things get pretty close, as tired warriors, blinded by sweat in their eyes, can barely fight. The Masked tribe concedes - Groh and Hell’s tribe however simply refuse to give up - their fighting spirit is almost equally matched. In the end, the champion of Groh Tribe manages through a stroke of luck and divine inspiration, break the weapon of his counterpart Shog, who seemed to be winning the battle of endurance. Groh press their advantage and succeed.

The second competition follows in the next evening, as warriors gather to dive for a white pearl, hidden at the bottom of the lagoon. The dives will happen until the sun would set and as daylight fades, would become increasingly more difficult. Teams of divers scour the bottom of the ocean, for their prize, those able to hold more air in their lungs, having an advantage. Ash Tribe proves to be weaker in the ocean, as their God is that of land and rocks. Fish-Talkers on other hand seem to thrive in this challenge - and soon become favorites to win. The other tribes seem to be fairly on par. As more than half of the sun disk disappears beneath the horizon, Fish-Talkers champions predictably win the challenge.

Next evening, the Priests declare the last challenge - offered by Urgo. It shall be a challenge of Dreams. The Tribes champions shall seek to dream a dream, that shall outshine dreams of their competitors. A day is given for the participants to come up with a good idea for a dream and in the evening they shall be put to a magical slumber by God’s power and compete in the dream realm.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Arono Tribe

Spoiler: Grog Island
    Show
    The shells will be shipped to you by the end of this season so you will have time for your creations and we look forward to the magnificent crafting we will receive in turn.

I'll send 2 blue shells in my EoT you craft and send back a blue shell necklace and do with the other what you will. Sound good?
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Ratalan Tribe

Show
    The Ratalan give 1 of the Wooden Musical Instruments (masterwork) to the Groh. They then hold a small celebration before heading home.

My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Hell's Tribe

Show

Does that mean the special named spear that Shog had broke in the competition? There were a few others other than warriors but no crafters that would help a crafting check.

Spoiler: Karrowmal
    Show

We have learned the location of their island. All we have to do is sail over there and crack some heads. We tried to get another tribe to assist with the sailing part but no response so we can't be too surprising.

Be prepared to fight lizard creatures blessed by their god. We aren't sure if they have any grown yet but if they have my tribe will attempt to deal with them.

Spoiler: Lunai
    Show

Would you be interested in lending some sailors for a raid on the Yellow Eyes? They are demanding tribute from all the tribes around here and we want to show them that they can't just threaten everyone. We need sailors to make it as much of a surprise as possible.

Last edited by Hamste; 2019-11-08 at 07:36 PM.

Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lunai Tribe

Spoiler: Island of Fog
    Show

Lunai Tribe grew in the previous season by 6 villagers. You can advance 2 Villagers into Castes of your choice. Additionally, 1 building of your choice was constructed the previous season.

Fog: The Island is surrounded by an ever present fog. It serves as a defense against aggressors and may have strange effect on those who venture deep into it.

Night’s Secrets: Lunai are both inquisitive and secretive, gathering precious information from rumors, dreams and exploration. They are well versed in obfuscation and concealment of their own motives.

(Dream Fish Pools has a Trait quality. I’ll file it for later - if power of your Island God grows, you’ll have the option of unlocking this trait.)

Tribe has gathered 4 Wood and 20 Food. It’s sailors have charted currents to Plymwitch Island. It’s mostly flat, with large open areas of short grass and sand. There are several small forests and areas with grass as tall as a man, usually surrounded a small pool of water. The temperature on the island is much hotter, then in the surrounding ocean and sun seems to scorch flesh with its heat.

Hell’s Tribe

Show

I haven’t seen you specify that you have used said spear in this action. With resources, my default assumption, is that they are used only if players specify them.

Show

That may interest us. We would like to know, how many warriors you would send and how spoils of this raid shall be divided? Our tribe is prepared to lend warriors to this expedition as a favor to your tribe, for you no doubt would need our strength. Or would you prefer it to be a raid, where spoils shall go to the strongest, those who would take them from the dead hands of the enemies?

19. - Top - End - #49
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Lunai

Spoiler: Dreamers
    Show
    2 Dreamers will listen to general conversations for gathering information in particular about Yellow Eyes because of the message from Hell's Tribe.

Spoiler: Island Plymwitch
    Show
    1 Warrior, 1 Sailor (Wayfinder Gara) and 1 Villager will explore Plymwitch Island and chart the other Islands in the area.

Spoiler: Hell's Tribe
    Show
    We shall need some more time to decide.

Spoiler: Tribe Lunai
    Show

Tribe Lunai
    I've underlined the changes, hope I did everything right .
    I'll advance the two villagers to one Sailor and one Dreamer.

Renown: 3
    Mana: 2

Small Tribe (46):
    Ruling: Dreamers (3)
    Elites: Sailor (4), Trader (1)
    Professionals: Priests (2), Craftsmen (2), Warriors (2)
    Villagers: 32
    Caste Upkeep: 14

Paragons:
    Farseer Taeg, Dreamer
    Wayfinder Gara, Sailor
    Stronghand Veia, Warrior

Food & Resources:
    Pondfisher(s): 2
    Gatherer(s):1

Goods:
    Wood 4
    Food 20

Buildings:
    Hall of Dreams

Last edited by Book Wombat; 2019-11-10 at 01:54 PM.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lunai Tribe

Spoiler: Plymwitch Island
    Show

Your villagers soon find various berries and edible plants on the island, worth 15 Food. They also discover animals and birds, with valuable furs and colorful feathers - Furs & Feathers 1, that can be used to make clothing and headwear. Suddenly a villager screams. A face of a large predator feline emerges from the grass, it’s fangs long and sharp, it's fur striped. The eyes of the beast track Lunai’s exploration party. Then it disappears without making any sound. Only slight movements of the tall grass betray its movement. Warriors grip their spears so strongly, that their knuckles go white. One of them whispers “It’s no ordinary beast, but a spirit of the hunt. It showed itself to us, so we would know it as master of the island.” Another warrior nods in agreement. “I saw hunger for the manflesh in its eyes. I think I heard a name in the wind - Sharan”.

Spoiler: Dreams
    Show

The messages seem to revolve around alliances. Hell’s Tribe and Korrowmal are discussing a joint raid against Yellow Eyes, with Hell’s Tribe mentioning some kind of dream, that gave them insight into Yellow Eyes and location of their hidden island. Your Dreamers have some trouble penetrating dreams of Masked Tribes, but they seem to be allying with Fish-Talkers and working to gain support of Blessed Isle, as a defense against both Yellow Eyes and Korrowmal. Stone-Heads Tribe is concerned about Yellow Eyes, but seems to find no allies to protect them. Ash Tribe seems to be deliberating between paying them off in a way that won’t lose them face or fighting them. Turtle Tribe seems to have communicated with Yellow Eyes, but they have carefully guarded their dreams. Unfortunately even Hall of Dreams wasn’t enough to boost the strength of your Dreamers to gain any insights in this case.

Yellow Eyes seem intent on raiding multiple tribes - though your Dreamers catching something about “trick” in their dreams.
    Last edited by Kessler; 2019-11-10 at 04:04 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

Show
    The group will go back with the finds and bring 1 Priest to communicate with "Sharan" in hopes of making some sort of agreement to be able to gather food there.

Show
    2 Dreamers will continue to observe general information and 1 (Taeg) will focus on Yellow Eyes.

Spoiler: Tribe Lunai
    Show

Tribe Lunai

Renown: 3
    Mana: 3

Small Tribe (46):
    Ruling: Dreamers (3)
    Elites: Sailor (4), Trader (1)
    Professionals: Priests (2), Craftsmen (2), Warriors (2)
    Villagers: 32
    Caste Upkeep: 14

Paragons:
    Farseer Taeg, Dreamer
    Wayfinder Gara, Sailor
    Stronghand Veia, Warrior

Food & Resources:
    Pondfisher(s): 2
    Gatherer(s):1

Goods:
    Wood 4
    Food 45
    Furs & Feathers 1

Buildings:
    Hall of Dreams

Every day...

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Groh

Spoiler: Ash Tribe Island
    Show

Spoiler: Fluff
    Show
    "It was close, the Ash and Hell tribes have shown themselves to have great warriors. While we might have endured without the Mask's direct help, it gained us both glory to have faced our hosts." A wet and grumpy looking Grom said, not even acknowledging the swimming challenge.

"Don't forget to include how I helped the Warriors gain victory and glory over the Hell tribe! Just because it was close just means that the victor (us) were strong. You should have been there, truly one of my most impressive feats yet." Iso said, grinning while covered in bruises and scrapes.

After a while of resting, Grom asked Iso: "What shall we do for the last challange?"

I'm not sure if you actually want any input as to what kind of dream the Groh (in particular Iso and Grom I think?) would create. It's not their strong suit, and I don't know the how this works; so I'll just say that Iso would want to create something that expresses his desire to travel, and Grom would ask that he keeps it underground. Fantastical tunnels? maybe a river-ride through an underground one that has a few interesting sights?

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: Arono Tribe
    Show
    That works, the people of Groh will craft the blue shell necklace for you next season.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lunai Tribe

Show
    The Priests approach Sharan with a show of humility, calling him the king of the island and mighty hunter. Their words flatter the predator spirit and it shows itself in all of it’s glory - powerful body, sharp claws and shining intelligent eyes. With catlike grace it circles around Lunai Priests, testing them for signs of fear. They manage to maintain their composure, sufficiently impressing him. Thus negotiations begin. An early attempt to invoke Great Gods doesn’t go well, but fortunately, the high priest quickly shifts the discussion. His personal experience with lesser spirits comes in handy and he manages to weave a cage of words to trap Sharan - the trick is of course making him walk inside. Sharan insists tribute of blood, but clever high priest makes certain that it doesn’t not require loss of life. Blood can be collected from villagers and left in offering bowls at dusk.

The final agreement is that Lunai will provide 2 Blood to Sharan per season (you spend 2 Villagers to do that), and in return he will allow the tribe to collect food and furs, as well as assist them against other interlopers.

Additionally, should Tribe decided to provide living sacrifice - Sharan shall hunt them and will generously reward both Lunai and survivors. Of course said sacrifices don’t need to belong to the Lunai Tribe.

If Priests agree to this deal, it would be sealed with a lock of Sharan’s Fur 3. Additionally, Sharan seems impressed by the Priests and offers to show Lunai the resting place of other visitors to Plymwitch. “There are many long, sharp sticks there, with which they sought to hunt me. Useless as they were against my hide, you may find them helpful in hunts against lesser prey. ”

Groh

Spoiler: Contest
    Show

(OOC: Pretty much what I wanted to hear. I'll resolve it at EoT)

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 3

Korrowmal and Hell’s Tribe jointly attack Yellow Eyes Island. In a heated battle against scaled beasts and Yellow Eyes warriors, the raiders prevail, slaying Mother Lizard and capturing Yellow Eyes Queen. The rest of the Yellow Eyes scatter, many becoming oceanbound or fleeing to distant parts of the Middle Sea. Some however issue a warning: “We have arrived from the Red Sea. There, we have been the weakest and here our queen sought to grow our strength. One day, the Mighty Tribes of Red Sea will come and purge your sea of those, who are too weak to survive.”

A terrible curse has struck Middle Sea - the Island Spirits blessings of harvests and fishing have weakened. This season, they will produce only half their usual bounty. The source of the curse is unknown, but it may mean starvation for many of the tribes.

Smoke Island has been consumed by thick, dark smoke. None can approach it, as it seeps into lungs and provokes violent bouts of coughing.

Sailors report many whale sightings. It seems that a season of blessed hunt has arrived. The whales offer their power to the tribes - for those who prove themselves lucky. Meanwhile, some of the Tribes are preparing to leave land and join whales in the ocean.

There are rumors that Sorcerer is offering to levy a curse on Tribe’s enemy, for a price.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Renown
    Show

Korrowmal are the most powerful Tribe: 2 Renown
    Hell’s Tribe are second most powerful Tribe: 1 Renown

Arono Tribe are the most knowledgeable: 2 Renown
    Groh Tribe are second most knowledgeable: 1 Renown

Hell’s Tribe is the most prosperous: 2 Renown
    Groh Tribe is second most prosperous: 1 Renown

Arono Tribe has gained favor of Great Gods: 2 Renown

Lunai Tribe has expanded power of their Island God: +1 Renown
    Korrowmal and Hell's Tribe have defeated Yellow Eyes, saving Middle Sea from their Raids: +1 Renown.

Spoiler: Dream Duel (Groh, Hell's Tribe, Fish-Talkers, Stone-Heads, Masked Tribe, Ash Tribe)
    Show

(OOC: I’ll extend this a little bit more. You can make a change to your dream or react to dreams of others. As a bonus, Urgo shall deliver an extra blessing to the winner).

The dreams of Ash Tribe, Stone-Heads, Masked-Tribe, Fish-Talkers, Hell’s Tribe and Groh flow together.

Ash Tribe’s dream is direct. A volcano, running with rivers of red, rumbling with the power of earth. “When rivers of lava run, when Earth exerts its power, no living thing can oppose it. Only run away.” Though simple, their dream carries an elemental power and strong truth about it.

The Fish-Talkers conjure a monster of the depths, with tentacles, glistening, green skin and ancient, unfathomable eyes. It carries a trident and a tsunami wave follows in its wake. There is a claim to the power of the ocean and all of its strength.

Stone-Heads dream is haunting and seemingly without rhyme or reason. Grains of sand, flowing, watching eyes, a feeling of urgency and impossibility.

Masked Tribe seems to be most proficient in this contest, as they risk dreaming of a masked man, running through all of the dreams, to claim to be the dreamer who dreams all of these dreams and thus, though man is powerless, his waking shall end this world and in it’s unmaking claim mastery over it all. Of course this strategy also makes them vulnerable.

Groh dream of a passage through underground caverns, a sense of excitement and adventure. Where other dreams present figures and forces of unimaginable power, Groh’s dream is that of journey and state of mind.

Hell’s Tribe presents a monster. Unsurprising for their tribe but this monster is a truly terrifying one. A horrendous amalgamation of the best of every beast it represents Hell's Tribe ideals perfectly. Eyes of an eagle peer out for the many ridged face of the beast. Tusks, horn and sharpened antlers just from the creatures head each carefully designed to deflect blows away from the creature. Venom drips from the various sharp edges of the best. The few parts of the head and neck not covered in spikes have thick leathery skin resistant to being pierced. The creature has almost no neck but it twists its head around to always look directly at the viewer even going so far as twisting entirely around in a similar manner as an owl. Most of the body is obscured by a thick shell covered in spikes a strange combination of turtle and porcupine. Hundreds of legs just from the bottom of the the creature each covered in a thick carapace protecting it's legs in thick armor. 6 arms reach out from the creature. 4 of them are reminiscent of a gorilla's covered in muscle and a thick matted fur. Each of the Gorilla arms carries a massive horn like spear like a horn was torn from a narwhal. The remaining 2 arms look like a massive crab's claws designed for snapping and blocking with. The most terrifying thing of all is something not seen however. For hidden inside the shell, piloting the creature is a human brain, heart and soul. For no matter how dangerous the body nothing will ever equal the power of those three things.

Island Income

Spoiler: Hell's Tribe
    Show

You gain 7 Mana from your renown.
    You gain 2 Wood and your Island will produce 10 Food by EoT.

Show

You gain 7 Mana from your renown.
    You gain 2 Shalls and your Island will produce 10 Food by EoT.
    Pleasure Palace has tempted 3 of your Villagers. They will leave your Tribe at EoT, unless their minds are changed.

Spoiler: Groh
    Show

You gain 5 Mana from your Renown.
    You gain 4 Stone and your Island will produce 10 Food by EoT

Show

You gain 3 Mana from your Renown.
    You gain 2 Wood. Mighty Ratal has resisted Curse - the plentiful vulcanic lands of Ratal will produce 20 Food by EoT.
    Your Villagers have been tempted by Pleasure Palace, but remained faithful to Ratal.

Spoiler: Lunai Tribe
    Show

You gain 4 Mana from your Renown.
    You gain 2 Wood. Your Island will produce 10 Food by EoT.
    Pleasure Palace has tempted 3 of your Villagers. They will leave at EoT, unless persuaded to stay.
    Last edited by Kessler; 2019-11-17 at 01:41 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56

Show
    2 Dreamers (Taeg included) will continue to watch the events happening in the seas along with trying to intercept messages between the other tribes and another Dreamer will try to inspire the tribe to prevent them from leaving, as the tribe will need them for the hard times ahead.

Show
    1 Priest along with 2 Villagers will investigate the curse and try to find out the cause to remove it. 5 Villagers will start building Hall of Weaving I.
    Spoiler: Preparation
    Show
    3 Warriors will equip themselves with the Grass Armors and Spears among themselves to prepare for the Yellow Eyes (Veia will take the Armor). 1 Craftsman and 1 Villager will try to make some more spears with the wood

Spoiler: Mana
    Show
    I'll sacrifice 2 Mana to strengthen the spirits of nature.

Spoiler: Sailors
    Show
    1 Sailor and 1 Trader will explore Pole Reef for materials and food and 2 Sailors will go try their luck with the whales.

Show
    The Trader will continue to look for interesting objects.

Spoiler: Tribe
    Show

The Lunai

Renown: 4
    Mana: 7

Medium Tribe (53):
    Ruling: Dreamers (4)
    Elites: Sailor (4), Trader (2)
    Professionals: Priests (2), Craftsmen (2), Warriors (3)
    Villagers: 36
    Caste Upkeep: 17.5

Villagers in use:
    Repairing the damage from the storm (4)
    Blood Sacrifice (2)
    Helping (5)
    Building (5)
    Caste Upkeep (18.5)

Total: 32.5

Paragons:
    Farseer Taeg, Dreamer
    Wayfinder Gara, Sailor
    Stronghand Veia, Warrior

Food & Resources:
    Fisher(s): 3
    Gatherer(s): 2

Resources & Goods:
    Wood 6
    Food 0
    Feathered Headdress 1
    Coral 1
    Grass Armor (1) 1
    Spear (1) 2
    Dream Fruit 1 (?)

Buildings (2/5):
    Hall of Dreams I
    Outpost (Plymwitch Island)

Traits:
    Fog I
    Night's Secrets I
    ??? I (I'll unlock the new trait)

Could you also add Island of Fog to the map?
    Every day...

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Hell's Tribe

The celebration back home. The spoils sit on a dais while all the tribe gather around feasting on meat. Stories of the epic fights are shared around and the tribe is getting rowdy. Jaina smiles at the crowd before yelling.
    Everyone listen up! It is time for the sacrifice and the consumption of the heart.

Pyrom slowly lifts a pair of eyes above his head ever so careful not to damage them as he displays them for all the tribe to see. Carefully he lays them on the later next to a lifeless corpse.

It was a glorious hunt. We fought hard and we fought long. Even at home we fought off the Yellow Eyes. In the end we killed a mighty beast and drove away the Yellow Eyes but we still lost a warrior. May their sacrifice never be forgotten and may Chemosh absorb their power for his own. Pyrom says solemnly before the altar. He sits down to start praying.

Spoiler: Stonehead Tribe
    Show

We rescued some of your tribe members from the Yellow Eyes and we will return them if you want. Though we do have an offer. Your tribe is clearly at risk of being raided again, it seems like food will be harder to get and it seems your tribe is having a lot of difficulties if the dream that was entered into the competition speak of anything. If you want instead of returning all of them we can ask to see if any want to stay with us instead as full members of our tribe to lower the mouths you have to feed and to give them an opportunity to get away from what ever is causing your tribe so much pressure.

Either way it is your choice. We were also wondering if your tribe would be available to make us some weapons and armor? Your tribe is well for known for its craftsmanship and the heads you craft so we were hoping you could craft other things.

Show

All in all that seemed like a very successful fight. We are glad to have worked with you and if you ever want assistance hunting a monster just tell us.The talk about the red sea threats is interesting. It is going to be interesting to see what monsters comes from there.

Spoiler: Lunai Tribe
    Show

We won't need help now as the Yellow Eyes are dealt with. In the future we will try to contact you earlier if we are asking for to work together.

Though if there is truly more threats in the Red Sea it might be a good idea to get as many tribes united as possible.

Show

Using Pyrom and 4 villagers to pray to give Chemosh power. They are sacrificing the Mother Lizard eyes to Chemosh and if he wants it the body of the fallen warrior who died in the hunt (If not it is just symbolically disposed of by leaving it out to be eaten by the wild life). I'm also spending 4 mana to strengthen Chemosh.

Am I able to spend Mana to distinguish a warrior into a leader of the tribe particularly seeing the tribe is classified as a larger tribe now? I would like to make a warrior into Ivin the Monster Slayer. The child of Jaina and Pyrom, he distinguished himself finally in the battle against the Yellow EyeTribe in which he managed to achieve the final blow against the Mother Lizard with Fleshpiercer.

If I'm allowed to raise up Ivin I would like him to eat the Lizard heart. If not Pyrom will. Spending 2 extra mana as well as a single person eating the entire thing in the hopes it will strengthen the effect and give the consuming scaly skin the equal to the lizards.

Two of the crafters work with some of the lizard hide and grass to make hide armor with the grass being braided together and used as a thread for the hide. Again both are trying for the best quality possible before asking for Chemosh to bless it with 1 mana.

Spoiler: Dream Competition
    Show

Spoiler: slight fixing of my dream
    Show
    Hell’s Tribe presents a monster. Unsurprising for their tribe but this monster is a truly terrifying one. A horrendous amalgamation of the best of every beast it represents Hell's Tribe ideals perfectly. Eyes of an eagle peer out for the many ridged face of the beast. Tusks, horn and sharpened antlers jut from the creature's head each carefully designed to deflect blows away from the creature. Venom drips from the various sharp edges of the beast. The few parts of the head and neck not covered in spikes have thick leathery skin resistant to being pierced. The creature has almost no neck but it twists its head around to always look directly at the viewer even going so far as twisting entirely around in a similar manner as an owl. Most of the body is obscured by a thick shell covered in spikes a strange combination of turtle and porcupine. Hundreds of legs just from the bottom of the the creature each covered in a thick carapace protecting it's legs in thick armor. 6 arms reach out from the creature. 4 of them are reminiscent of a gorilla's covered in muscle and a thick matted fur. Each of the Gorilla arms carries a massive horn like spear like a horn was torn from a narwhal. The remaining 2 arms look like a massive crab's claws designed for snapping and blocking with. The most terrifying thing of all is something not seen however. For hidden inside the shell, piloting the creature is a human brain, heart and soul. For no matter how dangerous the body nothing will ever equal the adaptability of those three things.

Response to the Dreams (Not sure what is exactly supposed to be done with the responses but I just thought of possible answers that might weaken the dream or concepts. If they can let other concepts fight it out they will)

Spoiler: Masked Man
    Show

When he gets close to the chimera the creature will start threatening it and chasing it. Not attempting to hurt it but trying to force the dreamer to feel fear. You can smile and say it was just a dream if you want and that you were the master but that is just you lying to yourself. When you wake up in the middle of the night, in a cold sweat and shaking in fear from your nightmares, can you say you were the master? Has the nightmare truly ended when the dreamer awakes or has the dreamer just shut their eyes looking away from a world they simply can't understand?

Spoiler: Volcano
    Show

The creature moves away from the volcano but then it sits down to wait. It plans to wait and wait for eons. Moss growing on its back as it uses a tortoise's life span and hibernation to stare at the volcano as its life inevitably ebbs. For while volcanos can kill almost anything they have a life span and no matter how big their tantrum is eventually they have to calm down. And when they do, the mighty volcano's corpse finds the very things it sought to destroy growing on it and thriving as its energy it feeds them. For life will evolve and adapt until it triumphs over even the worst disaster For life can be eternal while all disasters must one day end.

Spoiler: The Ocean
    Show

The Chimera is unperturbed at the advancing onslaught and prepares to fight back. A land creature may fear the oceans with its apparent merciless nature but the oceans teem with life which has adapted to its moods. The ocean is only a harsh mistress to those who don't belong and the Chimera is a creature of the ocean just as much as it is a creature of the land or even the air.

Spoiler: Adventure and Desperation
    Show

Rather than try to get metaphysical with the conceptual dreams, Jaina is going to try to force the Stone Head's Dream and the Groh's dream to meet for she believes they are antithetical to each other. One running out of time, not excited but terrified of one day having to face the eyes that watch them and realizing they are not enough. The other about taking your time and enjoying yourself and being adventurous. To seek out new goals and adventures. They should not exist at the same time and so hopefully if they meet they will cease to be.

Last edited by Hamste; 2019-11-19 at 01:37 AM.

Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Ratalan Tribe

Show

I'll retroactively gather that 5 food, thanks.

Two villagers are inducted as Warriors. The raid by the Yellow Eyes reveals the danger of being undefended. Another villager is inducted as a Sailor to complement the current fleet.

The expanding need for food prompts the Ratalan to begin combing the sea for food. They add two Fishers to their harvesting ranks.

With the discovery of the Stone Flowers island, any attempt to explore further will need more equipment. Anok, empowered by 1 Mana, crafts climbing tools from 1 Wood
    3 Crafters craft ropes from 1 Grass

Urgo's revelation spurs the tribe into action. The dreamers, led by Okara Okano, attempt to spy on the dreams of the other tribes to gain a clue as to who might have the Secret.

Show

2 Sailors attempt to chart a course to Rainbow Reef

2 Sailors attempt to chart a course to Wakasonee Island

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wikto Island

Arono Tribe has discovered an infestation of Devourer Ants on Wikto Island, vicious insects that infest Islands and hollow them out, devouring everything edible. After stripping Islands of life, they hibernate until either latching to visiting canoes or migrating in floating balls of ants, holding each other.

Fortunately, Arono Tribe discovered them before they completed their hibernation cycle and it’s priests have conducted a ritual, to release the infest Wikto Isle from it’s sorry existence. As they have completed their chants, the priests have witnessed as Isle collapsed into itself, cleansing the Devourer Ants in the light of Wikto Spirit. The last waves have flowed from where once Wikto has been, carrying in them sorrow of loss and hope of a new beginning, for Wikto Spirit has been given a chance to recover its strength and be reborn, once more rising land from the ocean.

The people of the Middle Sea are grateful to Arono Tribe for saving them, from this horrible menace.
    Arono Tribe gains +1 Renown.

Show

Temple of Hapriss grows as she gains power.
    Arono Island Temple Renown 3 -> 4
    Arono Tribe can advance Trait to Level 2 or gain a new Trait.
    Arono Tribe gains +1 Building Slot as land rises from the water. There, 1 Stormgrass grows.
    Arono’s Tribe deeds attract 1 Villagers and it’s divers recover 3 Greenstone.

Korrowmal

Korrowmal invite other Tribes to the feast, to celebrate their victory over the Yellow Eyes. Hell’s Tribe is invited by Korrowmal’s Trader, while other Tribes receive a general invitation over a dream.

Launai Tribe

Show
    Dreamers sing songs and entertain people, weaving stories of the Island of Fog, to anchor the hearts of people. The Tribe’s Mood improves (+1) and many begin to reconsider leaving Island of Fog.

Show

The Priest immediately discovers Curse of Mad Spirits 3, that shall attract angry, dangerous spirits to Island of Fog. It seems the curse isn’t natural, but rather it was crafted by somebody skilled in dark arts.
    There is a fairly easy way to dispel it - blasphemy against any Great God. Were Lunai to forsake even one of the Great Gods and the curse will spare the island. Your priest senses anger behind the curse - a terrible secret that could rob people of their mind. There are three other ways to deal with the curse - blood sacrifice, dispelling it, though Priest would prefer to have more assistance or tracking down the one who cast it.

Spoiler: Mana
    Show

Can you specify what spirits of nature?

Spoiler: Pole Reef
    Show

The waters of Pole Reef are quiet and smooth, there isn’t a single ripple disturbing them. Beneath the water surface you see swarms of fish, swimming between the red corals. The fishers could likely gather 20 Food worth of them. In the center of the Pole Reef stands a single wooden pole. You can’t see it’s base, as it’s too deep. On the pole resides an old, bald man. He throws a disapproving glance at your sailors, before closing his eyes again.

Hell’s Tribe

Spoiler: Stone-Heads
    Show

Thank you so much for their rescue. We would prefer for our Tribesmen to return, as they have their duties at home. We will owe you 6 Favor for this, and if you wish, you can call upon it, so we would craft you, what you need.

Show

I’ll resolve sacrifices to Chemosh at EoT.

On spending Mana to make a leader - certainly. Ivin The Monsterslayer (Scaly Skin) it is.

How many lizard skin armors are you making?

Ratalan Tribe

Spoiler: Ratal Island
    Show

The ropes and ladders made with careful work of many craftsmen and assistance of Weaver Hall should be sufficient to conquer Stone Flower heights. A small celebration in the Hall of Festivals strengthens the spirits of the climbers. Everything is ready to find the secrets of the island.

Spoiler: Rainbow Reef
    Show

As your sailors arrive to the Rainbow Reef, that has this name because of the colorful coral and fish that live in it, they spot a great number of fish, worth 30 Food. A massive boat - more like a building floats nearby. It’s the pleasure palace. From it come smells of cooking fish and sounds of music. A beautiful proprietress of the Palace calls to your sailors - “Come and be welcome. There’s enough fish for everybody. We’ll give refuge to your fishers, if they decide to throw their nets here.”

Spoiler: Wakasonee Island
    Show

Goji Island is covered by mountains, from which dozens of water streams roll down, creating beautiful waterfalls. Life on the island finds itself in narrow valleys or on flat tops of the mountains. There are some ruined structures there as well, remnants from the past, that somehow cling on, despite storm seasons.

Your sailors observer 15 Food and they are certain, there is Stone and possible Greenstone on the Island. They also spot a figure, wearing a cloak of black-feathers and staff with a skull on top of it. This could be a powerful sorcerer.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Arono Tribe

The Arono hold a vigil in remembrance of Wikto Island for the fallen island, dedicating their safety and adventure to the great Hapriss spirit. Wikto will be remembered and the Arono will spread the story of the Wikto to the far reaches of the seas so hopefully no one else makes the same mistake the unfortunate Wikto did. However the Arono made sure to break their vigil with a proper Arono celebration of life, they had much to celebrate for; surviving the Yellow Eye raids, ending the island destroying threat on Wikto island, and the successful adventures of their sailors.

The celebration went long into the night, as word spread through the seas the Arono started to look to the inner seas of their world. Wondering what adventures and treasures lay within. Aoa clutched the Stormwind in his hand, seeing a possible way to make it to the inner seas that he had so long dreamed of. Dreaming of the future he went to find Rassa and see if she could aid him in his dream.

Show
    2 Villagers and 2 Craftsmen using 4 Shells will upgrade the Storm Shelters to Level 2.

1 Craftsman will create 2 Coral Tipped Spears.

1 Craftsman, and Rassa Defthand, with 3 Mana, will attempt to create a Masterwork Stormwind Shell Sailing Item out of Stormwind 1 and Blue Shell 1. *Note: If you can combine two resources to make a better item that is. If not ignore the shell add on. I was just picturing a Conch Shell filled with the winds of the sea.

6 Villagers will explore the Tidepools.

Spoiler: Shell Island
    Show
    4 Villagers will create an Outpost on Shell Island.

1 Trader will attempt to look for more resources, focusing on Rare ones.
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear