New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

Augustin Mikhail Luna
    Hit Ponts: 14 of 14 l Conditions: None.

Luna nodded, smiling at the boy as the stranger took him from his broad shoulders, handed the small boy a wolf's tooth he carried in a pouch at his hip, "You're a brave boy doing what your folks tell you too. Keep that, maybe one day I show you how to get your own, ya?"

He then turned his attention to the stranger in the broad brimmed hat, "Believe me, the people whom I travel with are well schooled in books and tomes, and would be able to assist the sheriff with whatever Jimis' parent's wished him to fetch Caller to look at," he paused. "We've also seen some odd things around town, people creeping into their neighbours shack, skulking outside the Lorrimor Manor, if you mean to preserve peace in town," the large woodsman rolled his neck, cracking it loudly, "I would be glad to assist where needed. Been enough grief lately hasn't there?"

His face frowned as if he'd just remembered something, he nodded and smiled, thrusting out a thick, calloused hand, "Luna, woodsman by trade, hunter as needed, and you are?"

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kuzit keeps to the fringes once again. She has nothing to add, and doesn't want to boost the weirdness factor too much.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Trestleblade. Ernest Trestleblade. I'm one of the sheriff's deputies. As for what we found here, I can't say much, but the gist of it is that there's a large V, painted in blood. We're getting the local Apothecary over here to look at it. I don't believe you folks could do much to help right now.

Wait, what did you say? People sneaking around other's houses? Where did you see that?
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Wizard at 1st level

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Who's to say a Fortune 500 won't serve McDonald's?
    Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

Campaigns I'm playing in:
    None right now!

4. - Top - End - #154

Kuzit looks at Augustin. She thought they had meant to keep that secret, but now that it was out there... "Last night we saw someone slip out of a house and into the woods. It was odd, but we didn't think it needed to be mentioned. I'm a follower of nature, though, if you'd like me to take a look at the blood... if you're okay with that, anyway."

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

"I know some little magic," Kara adds, her expression going blank at the mention of blood. "If you would like for me to take a look at it, see if there is, ah, a magical residue, I would be willing. Certainly."
    Please don't capitalize my name.

Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Hmm. I suppose the sheriff does need to hear about this. Very well. You can come to the crime scene, but do not touch anything.

He leads you between a few trees, and you come upon a large statue in the shape of a five-pointed star. It seems similar to a badge that Officer Trestleblade is wearing. Beneath the statue, around 30 names are carved, but a giant V, written in now dry blood, covers some of them.

Sheriff, I think you'll want to hear this. Trestleblade walks over and brings a man over to you. He appears to be in his early 40s, with a wide-brimmed hat and a five pointed star on either shoulder. So, you say there was someone sneaking around houses last night? Can you give me any further details? Whose house besides yours were they at, anyway?
    Last edited by PhyrexianShovel; 2019-11-03 at 12:36 PM.

Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

None right now!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tobias carefully walks around the scene, examining the statue and the surrounding area while doing his best not to disturb anything.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception with inspiration: (1d20+3)[4] plus (1d6)[1]

EDIT: well... double nat 1, then...
    Last edited by rs2excelsior; 2019-11-03 at 05:56 PM.
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

Most recent update: Chapter 6: Devastation

-----

A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Maronne

As Tobias walks around, Maronne's attention is drawn to the names beneath the statue. She takes a closer look at them, trying to see what significance this V would have.

Show
    Uhh, not sure what I should roll here. History? Let's go with that. (1d20+3)[8]
    Characters in play:

9. - Top - End - #159

Kuzit shakes her head. "I'm not sure whose..." She relays the location of the house she'd visited. "But... it's probably nothing, right? Nothing bad happened last night?" While talking, she investigates the blood, looking for any sign of what it might be, or where the artist might have gone.

Show
    Knowledge (Nature)- (1d20+6)[14]
    Survival- (1d20+7)[23]

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

Kara stares, and for a fleeting moment, that same hunger flickers across her features. Then she closes her eyes for a moment, murmurs an incantation, and opens them, gazing at the magical overlay over the world around the statue.

Show
    Detect magic!

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Tobias, you look around, but forget to look where you're going, nearly tripping on a rock.

Maronne, you can't seem to discern anything from the names on the statue. Perhaps if there were more letters, you could, but there are quite a few names that have V in them.

Oh. That's very important information. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. He walks off, seemingly deep in thought.

Kuzit, if you look closely at the blood, you can tell it came from a head of some small animal, such as a fox or a medium-sized dog. The head was pushed directly against the wall to create the V.

Kara, you see nothing especially magical at the statue. However, as you do this, one of the deputies searching the bushes nearby says "Sheriff, you should see this." You see him reach down and pick up the head of a cat.

Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

None right now!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Augustin Mikhail Luna
    Hit Ponts: 14 of 14 l Conditions: None.

Grabbing one of the deputy's by the forearm, Luna turned towards the incription under the statue, "These names here, they all contain the same marking, this 'V'," he pointed to one of many which contained that letter, "are they all somehow related? Could one of their family done this, marking the larger 'V' in the feline's blood?"

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

"There is no magic here," Kara says, nodding slowly. "Poor cat. Shelyn give it peace."

14. - Top - End - #164

Kuzit scratches her scales. "...is there a history on the prison somewhere? If that 'V' is for something in the past rather than the future..."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Hmm... I like that thought. The sheriff walks over to look closer at the cat's head. The library likely has a book or two on it. The town hall also has decent records. I would guess that the temple of Pharasma's records are the most accurate, in any case.

Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

None right now!

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Maronne

The halfling looks at the sheriff. "The library, you say?" She turns to her companions. "I guess it's time to hit the books, then."
    Characters in play:

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

"I will go and look at the town hall, then. There are things I would like to research there anyway." Kara nods politely to the sheriff and turns to leave, and if no one stops her, she goes straight to the town hall.

18. - Top - End - #168

Kuzit nods. "I'll go to the library, but we should keep our plans to help out the councilman. Split up?"

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Maronne

The halfling scratches her chin. "Well, if we're headed to the library," she looks at Kuzit, "and you're going to the tpwn hall," she looks at Kara, "who'll check in with the councilman?"
    Characters in play:

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Kara (and anyone accompanying her), you arrive at a large wooden building with few decorations. On the door, a notice is posted.

Ravengro Town Hall Reminders
    Meetings take place every 1st and 3rd Wealday. Please bring food to share!

Current Councilmembers:
    Vashian Hearthmount
    Shanda Faravan
    Mirta Straelock
    Gharen Muricar

Next Election: Lamashan 5, 4712

Other Events:
    Yearly cook-off: Pharast 15. Held in the town square, or in the town hall if it's raining
    Harrowstone Memorial Day: Pharast 25. Held in the town hall, followed by a procession to the Harrowstone Memorial.
    Founder's Day: Erastus 12. Held in the town hall.

Important: Do not post non-yearly events here. Put them on the posting poles.

Once you enter, you notice an elderly woman idly sweeping in the corner while humming to herself.

Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

None right now!

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Kara looks at the postings, and frowns deeply. Three weeks to the day until the memorial day. If something big involving the prison is going to happen, that seems like the day it would happen on.

It would be best to deal with things before that eventuality came to pass.

The dhampir turns to the woman doing the sweeping, and clears her throat politely. "Excuse me, I am sorry to interrupt, but I am looking for the records, yes?"

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

There'll be a door on the left next to the stage. Open it up, and you'll see the records room. She returns to her work while grumbling to herself.

You walk through the rows of chairs to the town records room. Inside, you see piles of dusty papers stacked around you. Each one is labeled with a different letter.

Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

None right now!

23. - Top - End - #173

Kuzit makes her way to the library, lightly stroking Aktathk for comfort as she goes. She wants to find anything she can on the history of the prison.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Maronne

Maronne joins Kuzit on her way to the library, as libraries is where she feels most at home. "So uh... how did you know the professor again?"
    Characters in play:

25. - Top - End - #175

"He helped me raise my little friend here." Kuzit scratches Aktathk. "Drakes rarely bond with other creatures, and he was a friend of a friend, so when I met Aktathk and began trying to develop our bond, well... an academic's insight is something we needed. Food helps a lot, though. What about you?"

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Maronne

"I sat in on several of his lectures in Almas. Very interesting subject matters. Plus, the few discussions I had with him really helped with my treatise on the reproductive cycle of whip jelly. His academic knowledge was second to none, really."
    Characters in play:

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

You arrive at a small, run-down building with a wooden sign atop it. The sign states "LIBRARY" in large, grey letters. Once you enter, you realize that calling this a library was perhaps an overstatement. There are several bookshelves, perhaps around 9 or 10, as well as a small table with three chairs in the back of the room. There is no librarian, nor can you see any way of organizing the books. As you walk further into the room, you bump into a large cobweb, seemingly stretching from the floor to the ceiling.

Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

None right now!

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Kara goes straight to the H section, looking for any information on Harrowstone.

29. - Top - End - #179

Kuzit brushes off the cobweb, then starts looking for any sort of catalog, should the library be organized.

Show
    Perception- (1d20+7)[15]

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Kara, you find a page that summarizes the events of the Harrowstone. It tells you the names of those who died there, as well as telling you this:

Due to a prisoner rebellion, an accidental fire spread throughout the prison, killing hundreds of prisoners, as well as Head Warden Hawkran, his wife, and 25 guards.

Kuzit, you find a small pile of papers which indicate that the library is organized with a system you don't recognize. It's dated 4685 AR, 24 years after the fire, and is labeled as the most recent catalog of it's contents.

OOC: Both of you, please make me a Knowledge(History) check. Kuzit, you may use knowledge(local).

Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

None right now!