The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 116
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    >[Jack Candle] Looking to where they was suppose to be the paper seller, "Hello, is there someone here?" he calls out as he enters.

    There was no immediate answer, and it initially seemed as if the shop may have been abandoned with its proprietor fleeing Chologadi like so many others. It gave Jack a chance to look around, and he saw that this was not primary a book or paper shop at all but rather leather goods such as belts, vests, boots, and even one set of studded leather armor, but there were a few books on one shelf with heavy, stamped leather covers.

    As he took this in, a heavy-set woman slowly emerged from a back room, walking slowly, ponderously, on stiff feet and ankles. She wore a thick apron, and at her side hung an array of small tools, dies, and various sized hammers. She trudged laboriously to a desk and sat down heavily on a study wooden stool.

    “What can I help you with, child?” she asked Jack, peering at him from under bun of speckled gray hair.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 26/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    >[Janna] I would appreciate it if you can give me a historical and cultural course about the mythology surrounding this island. Dangers, interesting areas in the jungle and such. Perhaps, more details of the black cloud. I already know that the black cloud is one of the causes that are driving the populace and business away. More would not hurt.

    The innkeep stammered a bit at the witch’s questions. “I do not know how much this one can help, you may wish to ask ones wiser than I, but I will tell you what I can. Yes, the shamans say the black cloud comes from Madaro-Shanti. It was the most powerful city-state in the entire Ambicuaria Jungle. Great magic they practiced, and their prosperity made for jealous enemies, none more covetous than the powerful and sorcerous Kiengaa tribe of the deep jungles. The Kiengaa plotted against Madaro-Shanti, making dark pacts. They gathered an unnatural army, ape centaurs and monkey-faced hanu-naga, and laid siege to the city itself.

    As the walls of Madaro-Shanti fell, and the invaders swarmed into the city, the high priest of the city closed himself within the royal shrine they say, praying to all the gods for intervention. Yet none of the gods answered his prayers until the last – and that was Ojala, whom the people of Madaro-Shanti knew as a god of evil and treachery. A deadly bargain was struck that night, and true to his promise, Ojala caused a horrible wasting disease to strike the besieging army. But the full extent of the evil god’s treachery became clear when the surviving people of Madaro-Shanti themselves began to succumb to the same disease which had slain their enemies. Within a fortnight, all the people of Madaro-Shanti had either died of the plague or scattered into the depths of the predator-filled jungle.

    And so they ruins have laid abandoned for more than a century now.” The innkeep concluded his history lesson, then added one more thing, as if an afterthought. “There is an old saying about Madaro-Shanti: ‘The Well Moves the Walls’, but none know what it might mean, not even the wisest of our shamans.”
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 26/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurion 2 View Post
    >[Jack Candle] Looking to where they was suppose to be the paper seller, "Hello, is there someone here?" he calls out as he enters.

    There was no immediate answer, and it initially seemed as if the shop may have been abandoned with its proprietor fleeing Chologadi like so many others. It gave Jack a chance to look around, and he saw that this was not primary a book or paper shop at all but rather leather goods such as belts, vests, boots, and even one set of studded leather armor, but there were a few books on one shelf with heavy, stamped leather covers.

    As he took this in, a heavy-set woman slowly emerged from a back room, walking slowly, ponderously, on stiff feet and ankles. She wore a thick apron, and at her side hung an array of small tools, dies, and various sized hammers. She trudged laboriously to a desk and sat down heavily on a study wooden stool.

    “What can I help you with, child?” she asked Jack, peering at him from under bun of speckled gray hair.
    "Ah, Madam. I had come to acquire a book of sorts, as well as something to write with as I am looking to follow someone into the forest, and write of his tale. Will he make it or will he not? I'm also to see about finding a guide to help the story get off the ground a little faster as well."
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurion 2 View Post
    >[Ignasio] "Speaking of which, this Council that you mentioned, are they also responsible for trade permits and such? I am looking to start a trading line between your, hmmm, fine city and the Glendorian lands, are they the ones to speak to or is there any merchant guild in charge?"

    “Oh, I, ahhh, I’m sure I can help arrange this for you,” the innkeep quickly replied, trying to think of someway to partake in such a large trade. “I know many of the carvers, I can arrange very good deals, most definitely. The Council will not be thinking of trade permits now, they are only focused on sending a group into the heart of the jungle to see what can be done about the approaching cloud. Nothing a merchant like yourself would be interested in most surely.”
    Ignasio caressed his goatee while listening to the inkeeper absentmindedly, that is until the expedition was mantioned
    "Hmm, last chance to see the wild jungle before an imminent danger looms over the horizon, what's in it to me?" He looked the inkeeper up and down, pretending to consider in length some serious options while his mind raced elsewhere "Tell you what, my good man, I have a good feeling about this joint venture of ours. Why don't you look into purchasing several hundreds of those statues, do not buy them yet but see what best price you can get. Also, we will need some decent storage place as close to the dock as possible without being too expensive. can you see for that? Here, this will cover your initial expenses" and he threw an indistinct amount out of his father's funds, making sure to provide the merchant with much less than what was actually needed. "I will look around for other opportunities and look around town for some more permanent assets". He turned and left, not allowing his new associate the leisure of protesting and stepped into the square. He located a local urchin who seemed lively enough and threw a few copper coins at him "Two more of these if you can show me the way to the Council hall"
    Spoiler: OCC
    Show
    1. I am using Ignasio's excessive funds for roleplay only, hope this is OK
    2. I am ignoring the fact that the Inkeeper is talking to both Ignasio and Janna, assuming different time frames,

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    I have done my duty as guardian and I have grown too large to hunt. It is my duty to help the tribe by leaving it.
    Elias scoffs at the words "too large to hunt", but the glare in his eyes softens and he gives an appraising nod to the lizardman. "Well, you have some self-awareness, at least. Maybe you won't end up returning to nature as a triple-sized portion of vulture food." He extends his arm to offer a handshake, quickly glances at the size of Atrux's claws and the figure of Gilberto rapidly disappearing into the council house, then decides to back off from a handshake and merely express verbal amends.

    "Let's start on a proper footing this time - the name's Elias. I saw you handle the situation on the docks earlier - good stuff. If I offended you or insulted your matrons, I take it back and I meant nothing by it; just wanted to test the waters. Should we be off?" Elias gestures toward the departing Gilberto and Aedun, and in fact does not actually wait to receive an answer before darting inside after them.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Gilberto lead the three potential additions to the Chologadi Expeditionary Force into the Council House, though it was a tight, uncomfortable fit for Aedon and Atrux as they squeezed up the stairs to the third floor. Thankfully, the top floor opened up to a large, high-ceilinged room with windows looking over the walls of the town and out upon the dark jungle. Not far in the distance a dark haze hung over the chaotic green foliage.

    Three figures occupied the room as they entered: a middle-aged man sporting an impressive paunch was standing in the middle of the room, a woman with fierce eyes staring out from under a steel gray bun of hair, and a halfling sitting behind a table who appeared relatively young other than the fact her was rapidly losing his curly brown hair. The first man raised his eyebrows as the two giants (and Elias) ambled into the room.

    “Councilors,” Gilberto Hemlen said, “here is the one indicated in the message, along with two others than seem to have an interest in joining the expedition.” Having delivered his quarry, Gilberto retired to an inconspicuous corner of the room.

    “Thank you, Gilberto, and thank you all for coming,” the man said. His voice was gentle, but weariness and stress strained his tone. “I am Fredrico Almani, head of the Council. Bettrice Hone,”[1] he added, indicating the woman, and “Dokaram here are the other members representing the city. No doubt you are already aware of our situation: a cursed cloud approaches Chologadi, poisoning and killing everything under it. It seems to be centered on the old city of Madaro-Shanti and is expanding quickly. We have put together an expedition—guards, porters, guides—but need proven people to lead it. We received a message that you,” Almani said looking at Aedon, “would be arriving to assist in this effort; is this true? And you others, you are willing to join as well?” he said with a note of desperate hopefulness.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Elias knows of Bettrice Hone, if only by reputation. Bettrice “Mother Crocodile” Hone is said to be a fierce woman, one it is ill-advised to cross lest one suddenly find themselves in her steel jaws.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 26/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    "Hmph. I dont know why I'm here or what the hell you expect me to do, but I was sent by a runt to do what you people want. Just tell me what to do and I'll get it done." To emphasize his point, Aedun pulls out his Earthbreaker and expertly spins it around in one hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree


  8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    "Ah, Madam. I had come to acquire a book of sorts, as well as something to write with as I am looking to follow someone into the forest, and write of his tale. Will he make it or will he not? I'm also to see about finding a guide to help the story get off the ground a little faster as well."
    "Into the forest? You mean the jungle, son?" she sighed. "I'm wondering, are you suicidal or just touched in the brain?"

    She got up from the stool laboriously and pointed out the small selection of books and journals that Jack had already spotted. "Not a whole lot of call for books, not these days leastwise, but I have you covered like a coconut, child. Hmmm, you going into the jungle, you're going to want this sharkskin one," she suggested, trudging over to lift a journal with rough, grayish-black covers. "Near waterproof as you're like to find, which you'll want under that canopy."

    "Now the book, that’s the easy part; a guide, that’s something else. Just about the best guide, an’ probably the only one that hasn’t left town, is Pisco. But the problem, you see, is he’s been hired by the Council to guide whoever is foolish enough to go in to Madaro-Shanti and see what is what.”

    “You could try to do it yourself, a’ course. There is an old stone road that starts about a mile into the jungle. It’s all bucked and broken, but it’ll get ya there if you go along it far enough, stupid of an idea that is, though. Nothing but tombs out there now even if you don't get eaten before you get there.”
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 26/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Elias laughs softly to himself. "Willing to join... mate, I've been putting this off as long as possible, but the situation's pretty do-or-die by now, isn't it? Willing or not, it's either march into the jungle or march out to the docks with all the rest of those layabouts - and that's not really an option for me, just like it's not really an option for you fine folks." His eyes flick over to Bettrice for a moment, betraying a hint of nervousness, but it's not like he can stop talking now that he's started - or choose a less impetuous tone in the first place. "As long as you're standing behind the fine people of this city, I'm willing to stand in front of it. Right in the thick of the danger."

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurion 2 View Post
    "Into the forest? You mean the jungle, son?" she sighed. "I'm wondering, are you suicidal or just touched in the brain?"

    She got up from the stool laboriously and pointed out the small selection of books and journals that Jack had already spotted. "Not a whole lot of call for books, not these days leastwise, but I have you covered like a coconut, child. Hmmm, you going into the jungle, you're going to want this sharkskin one," she suggested, trudging over to lift a journal with rough, grayish-black covers. "Near waterproof as you're like to find, which you'll want under that canopy."

    "Now the book, that’s the easy part; a guide, that’s something else. Just about the best guide, an’ probably the only one that hasn’t left town, is Pisco. But the problem, you see, is he’s been hired by the Council to guide whoever is foolish enough to go in to Madaro-Shanti and see what is what.”

    “You could try to do it yourself, a’ course. There is an old stone road that starts about a mile into the jungle. It’s all bucked and broken, but it’ll get ya there if you go along it far enough, stupid of an idea that is, though. Nothing but tombs out there now even if you don't get eaten before you get there.”
    "Forest, Jungle.. Trees and deadly creatures. Though I suppose the jungle is wetter. And I'm not going in there, I'm only going to be following the person who does.. However if there is a guide, perhaps that means there is likely to be more to follow my target? Danger, suspense, these are the things that make a legend.. or perhaps a fools folly.. If the latter, I do hope to capture their last moments. I'll buy the book, and anything you have to write with. If you have pencils.. I think a few good ones would help keep any nasties off me. After all, the pen is mightier than the sword is a time honored tradition."
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Foryn Gilnith View Post
    He extends his arm to offer a handshake, quickly glances at the size of Atrux's claws and the figure of Gilberto rapidly disappearing into the council house, then decides to back off from a handshake and merely express verbal amends.

    "Let's start on a proper footing this time - the name's Elias. I saw you handle the situation on the docks earlier - good stuff. If I offended you or insulted your matrons, I take it back and I meant nothing by it; just wanted to test the waters. Should we be off?"
    I am called Atrux. I accept your surrender. Do not fear me, small one. I will not crush you. Atrux slowly responds after much deliberation. The lizard then follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Foryn Gilnith View Post
    "As long as you're standing behind the fine people of this city, I'm willing to stand in front of it. Right in the thick of the danger."
    Atrux reaches over and tries to test Gilberto's biceps right in front of the council. Strong you are not but fast. I think you stand behind me. I saw human hunters once. Your bows are powerful. You should use those. Atrux points at the intricate composite bow the ranger was shouldering. Bows were not foreign to him but crossbows, composite bows and other technological advancement were fascinating to Atrux. Even if he wasn't the most educated himself, human ingenuity did fascinate him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    "Forest, Jungle.. Trees and deadly creatures. Though I suppose the jungle is wetter. And I'm not going in there, I'm only going to be following the person who does...
    I think your city is more dangerous. You know when you see a panther, that it is fleeing or going to eat you. You do not know with your lot. Atrux sounds more disappointed than angry. I told Gilberto I am too large to hunt. The predators run away from me, but so does the prey. If we have trouble, it will not be natural.
    Last edited by Spore; 2019-10-11 at 03:45 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I think you mean Elias rather than Gilberto in both instances. Also, your last section is replying to something Jack Candle said but note that he is not with you at the moment.
    Last edited by Mercurion 2; 2019-10-11 at 07:33 AM.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 26/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    >[Aedun] "Hmph. I dont know why I'm here or what the hell you expect me to do, but I was sent by a runt to do what you people want. Just tell me what to do and I'll get it done."

    >[Elias] "As long as you're standing behind the fine people of this city, I'm willing to stand in front of it. Right in the thick of the danger."

    Bettrice interjected herself into the conversation, pointedly and as bluntly as the new arrivals. “We’ve prepared an expedition, as you’ve heard, at great expense. You’ll find your guide. Pisco, at the caravanserai in Jaguar Square near the Jungle Gate. We’ve spared to expense: you have five guards and five portors at your disposal, not to mention a wagon and mule team. Try not to waste our money. I’d suggest you get started at once,” she said, seemingly thinking the group were conscripts rather than volunteers.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Oh, man, sorry I’ve had Aedun’s name spelled previously.

    I’m presuming Jack has purchased his book and that transaction is complete, and Janna has gotten all the information that she can from the innkeep, so it over to the two of you on what you what to do next. You can further assume that Jack noticed the caravanserai and/or heard that the guide Pisco was there.

    Ignasio, due to all the weight from the baggage of his ego, took a while to get to the Council House, but has now arrived at the front door and may proceed as he wants.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 26/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Aedun grunts out, annoyed. He turns towards Gilberto. "Why'd you waste time bringing me to these pathetic people if they aren't going? This 'Pisco' could have done just as well at explaining what is happening as them." Hefting his Earthbreaker onto his shoulder, the orcish automaton doesnt wait for an answer before striding toward the door. "I'm tired of waiting, the faster I smash the cause of this cloud, the faster I can leave to smash the pipsqueak who sent me here."
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree


  15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Jack blinks at the old woman's sudden silence.Slowly nodding he takes the book leaving the coin as she falls still, and heads off towards the location of picaso, showing up just as needed into the location of all the other cool cats.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Why do you think money matters when you face death? Are you so weak you think you are worthless without it? the giant lizard asks with dumbfoundedness. Money was a relatively new concept to him. His tribe had simple barter trade economy but usually the bigger your trade partner was, the bigger his share of food, furs and other spoils was.

    Size and social rank was integral to that system.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Elias smiles and nods as Beatrice lays out directions, wishing to get involved with her as little as possible, and ducks into the shadow of the two giants as they depart. "Just a figure of speech, Atrux," he mutters, his eyes roaming across the surroundings as if to take in one last memory of the council house and the town before leaving never to return. "Only way humans can get the fear of God in our thick skulls.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    Why do you think money matters when you face death? Are you so weak you think you are worthless without it? the giant lizard asks with dumbfoundedness. Money was a relatively new concept to him. His tribe had simple barter trade economy but usually the bigger your trade partner was, the bigger his share of food, furs and other spoils was.

    Size and social rank was integral to that system.
    The halfling behind the desk piped up. "Because, if you don't die, you still have the money problem afterwards, you see?" Atrux noticed that the tiny little man had a very large ledger open before him with column after column of little black squiggles on its pages, which, while he couldn't read them, he knew were called "numbers" and that some silly humanoids used them for incomprehensibly foolish reasons.
    Last edited by Mercurion 2; 2019-10-15 at 08:58 AM.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 26/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Jack Candle noticed the crowd gathered at the caravanserai as he passed by Jaguar Square. A dozen men and women lounged around, obviously outfitted for an expedition and waiting to go, but for now had that bored-yet-tense air about them as if waiting before a battle.

    One figure stood out from the others, a hard, weather-worn man of perhaps 40 years. His skin was lined and darkened from decades spent under the sun. A bandolier was slung across his chest holding various implements such as bandages, files, small vials, and a scroll tube, and two canteens were strapped on his back hips. A vicious-looking machete notched with obsidian teeth was his only visible weapon.

    Noticing Jack’s attention, the man called out to him, “Are you here for the boox muyal kaxan? That is, the hunt for the black cloud?”
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 26/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC] [Final]

    Janna's eyes are wide open by the extent of knowledge coming from the man's mouth.

    "This is more..."

    She gulps.

    "...informative than I expected. So the gods here actually exist?"
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-10-15 at 03:27 PM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurion 2 View Post
    Jack Candle noticed the crowd gathered at the caravanserai as he passed by Jaguar Square. A dozen men and women lounged around, obviously outfitted for an expedition and waiting to go, but for now had that bored-yet-tense air about them as if waiting before a battle.

    One figure stood out from the others, a hard, weather-worn man of perhaps 40 years. His skin was lined and darkened from decades spent under the sun. A bandolier was slung across his chest holding various implements such as bandages, files, small vials, and a scroll tube, and two canteens were strapped on his back hips. A vicious-looking machete notched with obsidian teeth was his only visible weapon.

    Noticing Jack’s attention, the man called out to him, “Are you here for the boox muyal kaxan? That is, the hunt for the black cloud?”
    "Oh ho, heavens no. I'm here for the people who are here for.. " he hums, narrowing his eyes a little as he thinks.. "Books.. mu.. The black cloud hunt. I'm to follow them and chronicle their journey through the vast reaches of the jungle. Only I don't know where they are at yet, and I'm sure they'll need someone to guide them to the starting line. Would be absolutely boring writing about some sort of journey that was going to take place and then never actually.. getting to the journey. "
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurion 2 View Post
    Noticing Jack’s attention, the man called out to him, “Are you here for the boox muyal kaxan? That is, the hunt for the black cloud?”
    We are the hunters. Atrux states calmly. Do you lead the hunt? Do you know how to bring it down? The Gods are angry, we should bring sacrifices to appease them.

    The lizard looks around, then points at Ignasio. You there. Are you a virgin? No smile can be seen in Atrux' face.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC] [Final]

    Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Janna's eyes are wide open by the extent of knowledge coming from the man's mouth.

    "This is more..."

    She gulps.

    "...informative than I expected. So the gods here actually exist?"
    "Gods?" the innkeep said. "I do not know, are Spirits gods then? Maybe they are, but they are real, I do not doubt that." He paused and considered before continuing. "It s said that the ancient people of Madaro-Shanti were more advanced than people today and wielded greater magic. Perhaps the Spirits did not like that and struck them down for their hubris."
    Last edited by Mercurion 2; 2019-10-16 at 06:22 PM.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 26/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    "Oh ho, heavens no. I'm here for the people who are here for.. " he hums, narrowing his eyes a little as he thinks.. "Books.. mu.. The black cloud hunt. I'm to follow them and chronicle their journey through the vast reaches of the jungle. Only I don't know where they are at yet, and I'm sure they'll need someone to guide them to the starting line. Would be absolutely boring writing about some sort of journey that was going to take place and then never actually.. getting to the journey. "
    The man stared at Jack, nonplussed. After an uncomfortably long silence he said with amused bewilderment, "You're going out under the cloud to...write a story?" He gave one shake of his head. "Come along if you wish then, but you'll have to watch out for yourself; I'll have no time to child sit everyone. When we reach the ruins you can stay back with the porters if you wish."

    He looked Jack up and down. "Do you at least have a good piece of steel to defend yourself with?"
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 26/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    "The Porters?" Jack asked "If that is back away from where things are happening, it won't do. And yes, I do have a good piece of.. well wood, After all the pen is mightier than the sword." The occultist held up a pencil.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC] [Final]

    Janna shrugs.

    "Spirits. Gods. To me, there is no difference between the two if both are equal in power and status or are venerated. Come to think of it, other than Ojala, did the other gods play a significant role in shaping the island's past?"
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-10-18 at 01:13 AM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    "Oh, other gods do this and they do that, but I pay them no heed. As you see, my shrine is to the spirits; it is good luck to burn incense to them and leave small offerings at their shrines, the better that they bless you."


    Spoiler
    Show
    Edit: Fixed for my earlier error with Ojala. Summary answer is, there are no other significant gods or spirits in play here.
    Last edited by Mercurion 2; 2019-10-17 at 07:21 PM.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 26/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    "The Porters?" Jack asked "If that is back away from where things are happening, it won't do. And yes, I do have a good piece of.. well wood, After all the pen is mightier than the sword." The occultist held up a pencil.
    The man tipped his head back a roared out a belly laugh with a warmth belying his weathered exterior. "They have sent me a crazy one!" he laughed, clapping Jack on the shoulder. "You will fit in with this expedition perfectly!"
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 26/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Aedun makes his way slowly to the Jaguar Square, his heavy steps clanging into the ground. It would just be so easy for him to walk away from this nonsense and go back to banditry, if it wasn't for these godforsaken headaches! Even the thought of going against those old bags' wishes starts a pressure in his skull. No matter....they somehow knew he was coming to help them, so they must know something about the pipsqueak who forced him into this mess. He'll finish this job then come back and wring their necks until they tell him everything they know about the runt....

    Aedun looks ahead and sees the large procession at the village border, wagons and people bustling about, prepping and waiting in anticipation. "HEY! ONE OF YOU PEOPLE PISCO?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree


  30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC] [Final]

    Janna glances at the idols.

    "I see. So that is what those idols are for. Do the gods and spirits have names?"
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-10-18 at 05:06 AM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •