The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [OOC]

Quote Originally Posted by Foryn Gilnith View Post
    Wait, we're supposed to decide what we need for the journey ourselves? I thought Pisco would have advised the porters on what sorts of things typically need to be brought into a jungle.

Honestly, yeah, I kind of assumed we'd be doing most of our investigating on-site... if y'all's other conversations IC are going to take a while OOC, I suppose I can think of things to ask the townsfolk, but I'd have to think for a bit.
    The expedition will have all the mundane things you'd want: food supplies, rope, torches, etc. If there is anything unusual, though, you'll want to mention. Things such as alchemical items or anything not normally found in the PHB, and of course if you have any gold left to purchase last minute magic items.

And yes, most of the adventure is at the ruins; think of this phase as one big Gather Information check.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 26/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- catís grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)

Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Not sure how the innkeeper do not know Ojala since he outright stated it in the previous post that he is the god of treachery and evil who brought the downfall of Madaro-Shanti.

EDIT: My bad. I complicated Janna's post causing confusion for you so I rectified it by simplifying it. My intention for her response is gods=spirits if they are equivalent in power that there is no difference for her. Feel free to have another look and remove parts/change if needed.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-10-17 at 07:02 PM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

3. - Top - End - #63

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Not sure how the innkeeper do not know Ojala since he outright stated it in the previous post that he is the god of treachery and evil who brought the downfall of Madaro-Shanti.

EDIT: My bad. I complicated Janna's post causing confusion for you so I rectified it by simplifying it. My intention for her response is gods=spirits if they are equivalent in power that there is no difference for her. Feel free to have another look and remove parts/change if needed.
    Ha, not your fault, it was the DM that was confused!

The answer is no, they are not equivalent. Gods > nature spirits by far, and as you correctly noted Ojala is a(n evil) god, and the other three are mere nature spirits.

I updated the post responding to Janna. Sorry for causing that confusion.
    Last edited by Mercurion 2; 2019-10-17 at 07:22 PM.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 26/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- catís grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh

Show

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurion 2 View Post
    Ha, not your fault, it was the DM that was confused!

The answer is no, they are not equivalent. Gods > nature spirits by far, and as you correctly noted Ojala is a(n evil) god, and the other three are mere nature spirits.

I updated the post responding to Janna. Sorry for causing that confusion.
    In general, I agree with that. But in Janna's view, she is generally referencing any spirit who reach god level not just nature spirits. If Spirit A has the power to do what God A does, she will consider them the same classification. To her, a god is just a greater spirit or spirit who ascended to a higher existence. She will also see spirits that are being venerated as gods though minor ones. Anyways, I will be removing second sentence since it goes against the first sentence and adding some to the first sentence to show her subjective statement instead of generalizing it. Hopefully, that will make sense.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-10-18 at 05:06 AM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

5. - Top - End - #65

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hey Folks,

Sorry for the delay, I was out of town again this weekend at a tournament but will get caught up in the next 24-48 hours.

Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

@Mercurion 2 Janna was referring to the gods that the Madaro-Shanti people worshiped other than Ojala.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-10-22 at 03:56 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67

OrcBarbarianGuy

Understood, and any god/spirit that has anything to do with the adventure has been mentioned.

Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

@Mercurion 2 Confirming. So the innkeeper knows Ojala and the three spirits but not the other Madaro-Shanti gods because he either don't know or he just know the god the shaman revealed to him?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-10-22 at 10:17 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'm not sure I understand your question, but the point is that there is no other pertinent information about other gods or spirits.

Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

@Mercurion 2 Edited my previous post for easier understanding.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-10-22 at 10:18 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71

OrcBarbarianGuy

Again, there is no further information about gods/spirits to be revealed here.

Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The innkeeper don't know about the other gods of Madaro-Shanti other than those mentioned. Got it. (Not sure if I am putting words into your mouth. Do correct me if I do). My bad for multiple posts on the subject. Sentence was hard to read.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-10-23 at 05:46 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

The idea right now is that I'd like for Elias to exit stage left, to meet up with his panther animal companion (she's not exactly sauntering along in the middle of the city streets). Maybe re-enter the scene at the same time as Janna, who is walking independently to the jungle; maybe a little before or after. I didn't actually write out the part where he leaves the square so we can play it by ear as needed.

14. - Top - End - #74

OrcBarbarianGuy

That's a great idea actually. It will help bring everyone together. Perfect. If you want to push that along and have Elias see/meet Janna please do so.

Show

15. - Top - End - #75

OrcBarbarianGuy

@Koral -- We're going to just assume the lizardman has decided to exit the scene and not join the company on the mission since that player dropped.

I think the party should still be in good shape with 5 PCs
    Last edited by Mercurion 2; 2019-10-30 at 09:54 PM.

Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

It's a good thing that Janna refer him to the innkeeper so that he gets a room so he can chill there until the black cloud consume us all.

Btw, need the expedition group or a character to take the initiative to encounter Janna so that we can start for real and as a group. She is not that fast. She is taking her sweet time walking to the jungle.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-10-31 at 04:15 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

No ranks in Knowledge (local) to tell what a changeling is.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Gothic garb? She is almost naked, no, quite exposed.

She is in her jungle clothing. Think of Lara Croft mid-riff exposed except with sandals instead of boots and braided hair.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-11-04 at 01:14 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, I see it now; I wasn't really reading the scenes I wasn't part of and just went back to check the description on the character sheet. Reworded accordingly.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Janna's still snail-paced. There is still time to catch up to her.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

So is the idea that we were maybe going to stop for a meal in the shadow of the elephant statue, before these noises happened? Or was that a separate thing however many yards back and we're on a uniform section of the road

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I think we stopped to rest at a different spot before the attacks. We passed the area the elephant statue was in but there is no clause that state that we stopped there. (GM might interpret different than me though)

Will be waiting for the group intro.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-11-08 at 07:53 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83

OrcBarbarianGuy

I think we stopped to rest at a different spot before the attacks. We passed the area the elephant statue was in but there is no clause that state that we stopped there. (GM might interpret different than me though)

Will be waiting for the group intro.
    Correct, you passed the statue a while back, it is no where in sight at the moment. You're still on the broken road cutting through the thick jungle, with trees all around and above you, where the screeches are coming from.

Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I can post anytime but I am still waiting for Aedun (Chaotic Harmony's character). I guess Ignasio is not in the mood to introduce himself to her?

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Not sure when I'll have the time to post IC but I think we should form a perimeter around the porters (they're just commoners right?) and wait for an enemy to show itself

26. - Top - End - #86

OrcBarbarianGuy

Yup, the porters and wagon drivers are Com 1's and the five Guards are very slightly sturdier War 1's

Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Going to move forward since I have not heard from Chaotic Harmony. I treat my post as if everyone introduces themselves to her. Are we using theater of mind for the battle?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-11-14 at 06:33 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88

OrcBarbarianGuy

Going to move forward since I have not heard from Chaotic Harmony. I treat my post as if everyone introduces themselves to her. Are we using theater of mind for the battle?
    What battle? :)

I need any actions IC soon...

Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Bugbear in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Sorry! I've been sick recently and lost track of things, just posted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

30. - Top - End - #90

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticHarmony View Post
    Sorry! I've been sick recently and lost track of things, just posted
    Hope you are feeling better, a lot of crud has been going around.

Show