The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 85 of 85
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

    I actually meant to select desecration (she burned down the abbey where she was being treated, though she's plainly guilty of heresy, too.)
    "My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it."
    ó The Dragon, to Grendel


  2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Zhentarim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

    Quote Originally Posted by infomatic View Post
    I actually meant to select desecration (she burned down the abbey where she was being treated, though she's plainly guilty of heresy, too.)
    That works. Would you like me to put you down for desecration?

    Iím going to add what each Crime trait actually does in a moment, but I noticed some resourceful players found what they do online.
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2019-10-07 at 03:32 PM.
    DnD Alignment: Neutral Evil
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Spoiler: Dare you stare into Abaddon?
    Show


  3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

    Updating the table with my information.

    Table of Interest
    Player Race Alignment Class Character Name/Sheet Campaign Trait (Crime) Other Notes
    Starbin Half-Orc Neutral Evil Urban Barbarian Draydor Tinkertot Attempted Murder
    Henry the 57th Human Neutral Evil Soul Weaver Necare Alenare Grave Robbery
    Soramus Human Lawful Evil Tyrant Antipaladin Soramus D'Bilker MISSING (High Theft?)
    TheGSE Elf Neutral Evil Sidhe Invoker Fey Adept Acharn Varbryr Sedition
    Syless Human Lawful Evil Incanter (Mind Sphere, Telekinetic Sphere, Creation Sphere, Protection Sphere) Zessa Slave Trading
    Rattlebones Human Lawful Evil Conscript (Staff Master Tradition, Open Hand, Felix Havlik Heresy
    Infomatic Human Neutral Evil Spiritualist (psychomancer) Fara Eiasale MISSING (Heresy?)
    Ancient Human Neutral Evil PoW Stalker (Vigilante) Wren (Kerrigan Wright) Murder

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2016

    Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

    Soramus' crime was High Theft, I had it at the bottom of character traits but I have updated the character sheet.
    Last edited by Soramus; 2019-10-07 at 04:46 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhentarim View Post
    That works. Would you like me to put you down for desecration?

    Iím going to add what each Crime trait actually does in a moment, but I noticed some resourceful players found what they do online.
    Desecration is great, thanks! I'll make it clearer on sheet, too.
    "My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it."
    ó The Dragon, to Grendel


  6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

    Posting my character submission here for your review:

    Name: Lukasz Alazario
    Class: Infernal Pact Thaumaturge
    Race: Half-elf
    Alignment: Lawful Evil

    Spoiler: Backstory:
    Show
    House Alazario was a dominant, if small noble family during the time before House Dariusí rise to the throne. It held a fair amount of political clout and was respected for its understanding and practice of the law. However, siding with the opposing House Barca in the War of Succession, House Alazario was left in shambles and was only able to survive in part due to it holding much of the nationís recorded legal history. Cutting a deal, House Alazario gave up that history, and swore fealty to House Darius, in exchange for the survival of the family name.

    Many years later, Lukasz was born the only child of the now politically weak House. Mainly raised by his grandparents he grew up listening to his grandfatherís tales. These stories focused around the way things were before the rule of House Darius, when his family name held influence in Talingarde. Though still able to afford an affluent life style, it was only due to his fatherís keen legal skills and long hours assisting the stronger Houses that Lukasz could live such a life. Possessing natural dexterity and a sturdy body, Lukasz could have done well as a soldier in the military. However, Lukaszí interest in law and respect for his familyís traditions saw him take up academic study. When he was old enough, Lukasz apprenticed under his father, training to be a barrister for rich merchants and minor nobility alike. Growing to be a patient man, Lukasz devoted his late teens and early twenties mastering his legal skills and making connections with the right people, who promised him a place in the royal court. Excited for his hard earned future, Lukasz look forward to the day when he would be able to bring his family back to the prominent position it once held. However, his ambitious nature forced many confrontations with people above his station and, coupled with the unfolding of events, would ultimately lead him into infernal clutches.

    A few days after his 23rd birthday, one year after his father had passed from old age, Lukasz discovered that Heldric, the incompetent distant cousin of King Markadian V, was chosen as a barrister for the royal court. One night, brewing in his own ambitions denied and growing frustration, Lukasz began hearing words whispered in his mind by an unknown voice. At first resisting the sweet talk of revenge and the promise of ambitions fulfilled, Lukaszís pride and ambition slowly got the better of him and he began to heed those words. As he listened more and more, Lukasz found himself with a choice, concede to this strange voice's demands and gain the power he would need to reach his goals, or ignore it and end up like his father, the lackey of moron's and simpletons. His decision made, he began listening more closely to the whispers he heard at night. Following the advice of these voices, Lukasz took up the name Tomas D'Aquina and set up lodging began to research the power that could be found when blood and contracts meet. Setting up quarters where he could do his research in secret, he used the poor and beleagered as the source of blood he needed for his work. Once he learned enough to tap into the power of the blood he collected, he used it in a pact he agreed to with a devilish servitor to Asmodeus named Fasilius. The pact signed, he was one step closer to dooming his soul, but Fasilius has kept his word so far, granting Lukasz new found talent that the former barrister now uses to tap further into the power of blood.

    With word of the missing persons' coming to the attention of the local guard, an investigation was started and Lukasz's operation was discovered. Though what remained of the bodies he used to summon Fasilius were found, it was the devilish markings that remained in the room that sealed his fate. Headed by Sir Balin himself, the contingent of guards hauled Lukasz away, the noble witchunter's words lingering in Lukasz' ears to this day.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Zhentarim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

    Quote Originally Posted by dathom View Post
    Posting my character submission here for your review:

    Name: Lukasz Alazario
    Class: Infernal Pact Thaumaturge
    Race: Half-elf
    Alignment: Lawful Evil

    Spoiler: Backstory:
    Show
    House Alazario was a dominant, if small noble family during the time before House Dariusí rise to the throne. It held a fair amount of political clout and was respected for its understanding and practice of the law. However, siding with the opposing House Barca in the War of Succession, House Alazario was left in shambles and was only able to survive in part due to it holding much of the nationís recorded legal history. Cutting a deal, House Alazario gave up that history, and swore fealty to House Darius, in exchange for the survival of the family name.

    Many years later, Lukasz was born the only child of the now politically weak House. Mainly raised by his grandparents he grew up listening to his grandfatherís tales. These stories focused around the way things were before the rule of House Darius, when his family name held influence in Talingarde. Though still able to afford an affluent life style, it was only due to his fatherís keen legal skills and long hours assisting the stronger Houses that Lukasz could live such a life. Possessing natural dexterity and a sturdy body, Lukasz could have done well as a soldier in the military. However, Lukaszí interest in law and respect for his familyís traditions saw him take up academic study. When he was old enough, Lukasz apprenticed under his father, training to be a barrister for rich merchants and minor nobility alike. Growing to be a patient man, Lukasz devoted his late teens and early twenties mastering his legal skills and making connections with the right people, who promised him a place in the royal court. Excited for his hard earned future, Lukasz look forward to the day when he would be able to bring his family back to the prominent position it once held. However, his ambitious nature forced many confrontations with people above his station and, coupled with the unfolding of events, would ultimately lead him into infernal clutches.

    A few days after his 23rd birthday, one year after his father had passed from old age, Lukasz discovered that Heldric, the incompetent distant cousin of King Markadian V, was chosen as a barrister for the royal court. One night, brewing in his own ambitions denied and growing frustration, Lukasz began hearing words whispered in his mind by an unknown voice. At first resisting the sweet talk of revenge and the promise of ambitions fulfilled, Lukaszís pride and ambition slowly got the better of him and he began to heed those words. As he listened more and more, Lukasz found himself with a choice, concede to this strange voice's demands and gain the power he would need to reach his goals, or ignore it and end up like his father, the lackey of moron's and simpletons. His decision made, he began listening more closely to the whispers he heard at night. Following the advice of these voices, Lukasz took up the name Tomas D'Aquina and set up lodging began to research the power that could be found when blood and contracts meet. Setting up quarters where he could do his research in secret, he used the poor and beleagered as the source of blood he needed for his work. Once he learned enough to tap into the power of the blood he collected, he used it in a pact he agreed to with a devilish servitor to Asmodeus named Fasilius. The pact signed, he was one step closer to dooming his soul, but Fasilius has kept his word so far, granting Lukasz new found talent that the former barrister now uses to tap further into the power of blood.

    With word of the missing persons' coming to the attention of the local guard, an investigation was started and Lukasz's operation was discovered. Though what remained of the bodies he used to summon Fasilius were found, it was the devilish markings that remained in the room that sealed his fate. Headed by Sir Balin himself, the contingent of guards hauled Lukasz away, the noble witchunter's words lingering in Lukasz' ears to this day.
    Iíll update the table later. I sure have a lot to read this saturday!
    DnD Alignment: Neutral Evil
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Spoiler: Dare you stare into Abaddon?
    Show


  8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Zhentarim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

    Dathom, as soon as you are on the table, Iím going to start looking at sheets and giving feedback.
    DnD Alignment: Neutral Evil
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Spoiler: Dare you stare into Abaddon?
    Show


  9. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

    Awesome! I look forward to seeing who makes the cut. I donít envy your role though...there are many good character concepts among the ranks here.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GreataxeFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

    I apologize for the significant delay from the time I posted interest until the time I completed the submission. I made numerous versions of the character before I finally got something I was very interested in playing. I looked into the spheres over and over, but was just not comfortable with the character. Without further ado, I present Hope, the Asmodean Advocate (Cleric) who is sentence to death for Blasphemy.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Zhentarim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

    Quote Originally Posted by dathom View Post
    Awesome! I look forward to seeing who makes the cut. I donít envy your role though...there are many good character concepts among the ranks here.
    Yeah. By the end of Sunday the 13th I should decide. If I could take all 9, I would.
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2019-10-11 at 11:14 PM.
    DnD Alignment: Neutral Evil
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Spoiler: Dare you stare into Abaddon?
    Show


  12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GreataxeFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

    Initially I was coming up with characters close in either spirit or function to a few others. This should be one time not step on any toes creatively.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

    For my submission, I had a typo that listed the wrong name on the hyperlink. Character is actually Rekker, not Draydor. Link was correct and I fixed it on my submission post. Probably not a huge deal at this point
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Zhentarim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

    10 submissionsóall look well designed unless Iím overlooking something. I thought I saw a mistake on rattlebones app, but given how the equipment sphere gives a bonus talent, even if he ďfixedĒ it, mechanically it would work out the same.

    What Iíll probably do is have an A group and a B group, giving basically 5 players per groupóIíll sort yíall out tomorrow. I didnít have the heart to cut anybody.
    DnD Alignment: Neutral Evil
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Spoiler: Dare you stare into Abaddon?
    Show


  15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2019

    Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

    Woo-hoo! Glad to hear the good news.
    Characters:
    Hrad Shukhov - The Awakening
    Felix Havlik - Zhentarim's Way of the Wicked

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Zhentarim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

    I got busy today and forgot all about sorting the group. Iíll be pretty busy the next 5 days, but if I donít pop in and sort then, I will do so Saturday. Hopefully everything clears up by then.
    DnD Alignment: Neutral Evil
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Spoiler: Dare you stare into Abaddon?
    Show


  17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Zhentarim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

    I am beginning my sorting process. I should be done by this coming sunday at 9:30 PM.


    Keep an eye on the column furthest to the right of on the top table and the row furthest to the bottom to see if you need to fix anything. If I find something wrong Iíll mention it there.
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2019-10-19 at 11:07 AM.
    DnD Alignment: Neutral Evil
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Spoiler: Dare you stare into Abaddon?
    Show


  18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GreataxeFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

    Hey Z! While perhaps not the most balanced, I think it would be insanely fun to have my cleric of Asmodeus in the same party as the Paladin of Asmodeus.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Zhentarim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

    Quote Originally Posted by The BBEG View Post
    Hey Z! While perhaps not the most balanced, I think it would be insanely fun to have my cleric of Asmodeus in the same party as the Paladin of Asmodeus.
    Thatís actually fairly balancedóclerics are a full caster and antipaladins are frontliners.
    DnD Alignment: Neutral Evil
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Spoiler: Dare you stare into Abaddon?
    Show


  20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Zhentarim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

    Spoiler: Green Group
    Show
    Player Ancient Starbin Henry the 57th Rattlebones Infomatic
    Alignment
    Race
    Class
    Character Name/Sheet
    Crime
    Other Notes



    Spoiler: Blue Group
    Show
    Player The BBEG Soramus TheGSE Dathom Syless
    Alignment
    Race
    Class
    Character Name/Sheet
    Crime
    Other Notes


    Sorting is done, Iím just double checking everything is good to go.
    DnD Alignment: Neutral Evil
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Spoiler: Dare you stare into Abaddon?
    Show


  21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Zhentarim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

    This is the discord channel Iíll use for the OOC. There will be a channel for blue group and a channel for green group.

    https://discord.gg/TENyRaJ
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2019-10-19 at 02:54 PM.
    DnD Alignment: Neutral Evil
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Spoiler: Dare you stare into Abaddon?
    Show


  22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2019

    Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

    I don't have permission to view anything on that Discord server.
    Characters:
    Hrad Shukhov - The Awakening
    Felix Havlik - Zhentarim's Way of the Wicked

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebones View Post
    I don't have permission to view anything on that Discord server.
    Nor I, can't see anything

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Joeluma's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

    This is still showing as recruiting, but the dialogue seems to indicate that is complete. Can you clarify Zhent? Pity just ran across this today... have been wanting to play this campaign for a while :D
    "A troubled mind is the first sign of intelligence."

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Zhentarim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

    Quote Originally Posted by Joeluma View Post
    This is still showing as recruiting, but the dialogue seems to indicate that is complete. Can you clarify Zhent? Pity just ran across this today... have been wanting to play this campaign for a while :D
    I have a blue group and a green group, but I'm thinking of recruiting for a yellow group, as well. I'll keep you posted.
    DnD Alignment: Neutral Evil
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Spoiler: Dare you stare into Abaddon?
    Show


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •