The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

I'll roll with the Focus and Foil

Str: 18 (Focus)
    Dex: (1d10+7)[11]
    Con: (1d10+7)[10]
    Int: (1d10+7)[14]
    Wis: 8 (Foil)
    Cha: (1d10+7)[10]

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Zhentarimís Way of the Wicked, Book 1: Knot of Thorns [SLOW PACE EVIL GAME]

Starting to pull together mechanics for Fara Eisale, tragic Spiritualist (psychomancer), for whom Branderscar is at least the third cage. The daughter of a prominent family, she was kidnapped and sacrificed some time ago by cultists of The Fallen. The Knights of the Alerion smashed the cult and attempted to revive her Ö but she didn't come all the way back.

Spoiler: Quick Background
    Show

From the journal Capt. Solverni Rue:

Ö In a cavern below the keep we found their victims, beaten and terrified but alive ó all save one, Farahzad Eisale, eldest daughter of Tamil Eisale.

Crusader Alon, who studied with the church for years before becoming a knight, rushed forward and laid his hands upon the girlís forehead, intoning a prayer of revival. And for a moment, we thought it had worked. The girlís chest heaved with breath again, and her eyes flew open Ö

but inside her eyes was a void like the night sky. And then she screamed, and did not stop.

A letter from Brother Felis:

Farahzad has shown improvements in recent weeks; she no longer lies motionless in her room for hours ó or worse, spends the daylight hours screaming as if in agony until she falls unconscious from exhaustion. This is a relief to the acolytes charged for her care, though they still find her unnerving.

She interrupted a funeral service yesterday, shouting at the mourners that there is no reward for the faithful, nor punishment for the wicked ó not even the Boneyard where souls may be judged. ďMitra leaves us nothing! Nothing but the void!Ē she cried.

If an inquisitor were to overhear Ö

The next day, via a Sending spell:

The girl is a demon! I have locked her in her room. Summon Sir Balin quickly!

Report of Sir Balin:

My men and I were deployed to the St. Marcarius cloister upon the report of a demonic influence inside the sanitarium. When we arrived however, the campus was in the midst of a riot by patients, and two of the buildings were already burned. The chief illuminant, Brother Felis, and two others are thought to have perished in the blaze, may Mitra embrace their souls.

The one responsible is clear: Farahzad Eisale, the daughter of the Eisale family and a patient here. I do not understand why these monks were so lenient with an obviously agent of corruption, but mercy was the wrong choice. She will face justice now.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

Str: 8 (foible)
    Dex: [roll0]
    Con:[roll1]
    Int: [roll2]
    Wis: 18 (focus)
    Cha: [roll3]

The downside is that I don't understand spheres much at all, but basically she'll focus on Mind sphere (full CL on that), with Life/Alteration as a backup and way to buff phantom/allies.

Playing her fluff-wise as a Fractured Mind (in that the Phantom is actually a piece of her, not a separate entity), though the mechanics of that archetype conflict with Psychomancer).

Do I understand martial traditions right that I can swap the Spiritualist's proficiencies for Courtesan tradition? Scythe/Kukri are great but don't really fit the noble background.
    Last edited by infomatic; 2019-10-05 at 08:53 PM.
    "My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it."
    ó The Dragon, to Grendel

3. - Top - End - #33

Chimera

OK, botched all the rolls. Consistency!

Dex: (1d10+7)[14]
    Con: (1d10+7)[17]
    Int: (1d10+7)[16]
    Cha: (1d10+7)[11]
    ó The Dragon, to Grendel

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Those are some very nice rolls, infomatic!

I'm almost finished with my character. I decided to switch from Sentinel to Conscript, so he is going to be focused on frontline melee and dealing damage. It looked like everyone else is planning on spell casters or skill-monkeys, so hopefully it is a good fit.
    Characters:
    Hrad Shukhov - The Awakening
    Felix Havlik - Zhentarim's Way of the Wicked

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Here is the submission for Rattlebones. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Felix Havlik
    LE Human Conscript

Felix hails from Matharyn, the City of Lights and capital of Talingarde. After losing both of his parents to sickness at a young age, he spent several months as a street urchin before being adopted by a Mitran monastery. He spent many happy years at the monastery, training to become a templar of the faith. As he grew older, he was given more duties with greater responsibility, and eventually was assigned as the personal assistant and bodyguard of the abbot of the monastery. It was there that he learned of the corruption within the church. He witnessed parishioners being extorted for favors to the church, tithes being misappropriated to line the pockets of senior officials, and clergy engaging in licentiousness under the cover of darkness. He was expected to enforce their will and clean up the messes. Felix quickly grew jaded, and began to hate the church that appeared to be nothing more than shining hypocrisy and corruption. After being ordered to ransack the shop of a merchant who did not pay extra tithes, Felix beat the abbot to a pulp, announced his resignation to the stunned monks, and immediately went outside to begin teaching to the people everything he had seen and heard. Of course, nobody believed him. How could such a man as the abbot be involved in those things? How could any of the leadership of the church? By the time the guards came to catch him, the abbot had already signed a writ attesting him as a secret worshiper of Asmodeus, and condemning him to a death sentence. His trial was swift and one-sided, and he was sentenced to Branderscar Prison for heresy. This last injustice broke his spirit. In the dark of his cell, brooding and seething over the wrongs against him, a voice spoke to him. The voice promised justice and revenge in exchange for service. Pledge your soul to Asmodeus, the voice said, and you will help to cleanse Talingarde. Felix jumped at the chance, and became a follower of the Dark Lord. His goal is to cleanse Talingarde of the false protection afforded by Mitra, and bring every soul under the harsh but orderly rule of Asmodeus.
    Characters:

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm interested! Drawing something up...

Full disclosure, I'm seasoned in many tabletop games but Pathfinder is not one of them. I may ask many noobish questions.

Any recommendation on where to buy Pathfinder books online, preferably PDFs?
    Last edited by XIII; 2019-10-03 at 06:38 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by XIII View Post
    I'm interested! Drawing something up...

Full disclosure, I'm seasoned in many tabletop games but Pathfinder is not one of them. I may ask many noobish questions.

Any recommendation on where to buy Pathfinder books online, preferably PDFs?
    No need to buy any books.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/
    Characters:

8. - Top - End - #38
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

@XIII

The official Pathfinder SRD is available at The Archives of Nethys, but if you're looking to sink some money into PDFs then you can get them straight from the publisher, Paizo.
    Pathfinder Player/GM
    3rd Party Fan

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

I get anything ďspecialĒ from ďThe TroveĒ

Today Iím recovering from a very busy, but largely unsuccessful 3 days. Iíll update the table once I rest a bit.
    DnD Alignment: Neutral Evil
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Spoiler: Dare you stare into Abaddon?
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I'll toss my hat into the ring as a Mageknight. But let's see what the dice think of me.

Str; (1d10+7)[12]
    Dex; (1d10+7)[9]
    Con; (1d10+7)[17]
    Int; (1d10+7)[13]
    Wis; 8 (Foible)
    Cha; 18 (Focus)

Edit: I'm getting the hint I may want to consider something more purely cast-y. I've have to consider my options.

I think I'll go either Eliciter or Soul Weaver. I'll make up my mind in the morning.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2019-10-05 at 12:44 AM.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Focus and Foil : To Decide between Anti-Paladin and Sorcerer

Str (1d10+7)[13]
    Dex 8
    Con (1d10+7)[17]
    Int (1d10+7)[11]
    Wis (1d10+7)[15]
    Cha 18

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Iíve got a WIP sheet for Necare Alenare, former noble turned necromantic Soul Weaver. Does anyone remember how to determine starting skill points for Spheres of Power classes? I canít remember how to figure that out, so I havenít picked out any skills. I havenít spent any cash on item yet either.

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Necare was born into House Alenare, a minor fiefdom amidst the heartlands of Talingarde. His parents were a pair of ambitious social climbers in spite of their relative unimportance, and their firstborn son was viewed as little more than an accessory to this. From the moment he could speak, the child had to have perfect diction, impeccable pronunciation. From the moment he could walk, his posture must be flawless. Nothing whatsoever about the child could be allowed to give his familyís peers even the slightest cause for gossip or even worse, scandal. Necare would be courteous, studious, pious, and chivalrous in exactly the right times and amounts without the faintest hint of ill repute. He would adhere to a strict schedule every day without fail, he would attend all the right parties, worship Mitra in the right chapels in the right ways, have all interests he was supposed to have, and above all be the perfect nobleís son at all times. How Necare felt about this was immaterial. What was important was that the houseís reputation was assured, not petty things like whether or not he wanted any of this. Any infraction would be dealt with harshly, and behind closed doors.

It goes without saying that this led to some resentment.

The older he grew, the more Necare cane to despise everything his family stood for. He hated the preening noblemen they fawned over, hated the holier-than-thou bishops and cardinals whose purity they touted, hated the little backwater estate they ruled over. He came to despise the endless parade of tutors and holy men, the strict schedule he would keep at all times. But above everything else, he hated that he couldnít do anything about it. Attempts to rebel in even small ways earned house arrest, attempts to flee earned a solid whipping in places that would not be noticed. For years, he could do nothing but simmer in his own impotent anger.

That was until the boy realized he could see things no one else could. Little wisps of soulstuff floating through the air, faints whispers on the wind. At first, he didnít know what he was perceiving. He even worried he might be insane. But soon enough he came to realize that he could, on some level, manipulate these things. This energy, these spirits as he slowly came to realize, were an aspect of the world wholly beyond his parentsí small minds and petty perceptions. That alone would have kept him awake long into the dark nights, practicing alone with nothing but a few old cryptic books and whispering spirits to guide him. But when he realized to true extent of this inborn potential not only to set him free for a time but give him control over the world around him, it was all he could do not to dance and sing for joy.

Unfortunately, all good things come to an end. Necare tried pushing his new skills too far, too fast. He violated a hallowed cemetery of Mitraís faithful in the dead of night, for no better reason than to prove the funeral rites of the faith were as empty and useless as the rest of it. While he was able to command a corpse to rise, he underestimated the amount of noise a creaking coffin can make. A temple guard caught the young man and the undead abomination red-handed. The alarm was sounded before he could be put down, and all was soon lost.

Necareís arrest was met instantly with his familyís total disowning of their firstborn. His father never even showed his face at his own sonís ďtrialĒ. When the young bevromancer was dragged off to Branderscar Prison, only rage simmered in his heart.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Hereís my submission for consideration - perhaps a low end villain, but who doesnít need a meat-stick for the front line?

Spoiler: Picture
    Show

Rekker
    NE half-orc
    Urban barbarian
    Attempted Murderer
    Spoiler: Description
    Show

Rekker is a tall, hulking, beast of a half-orc, like most of his kind. If the dark green skin, jutting brow, tufted ears, and yellow eyes didn't give him a monstrous mien, the jutting tusks would complete the picture. His face and upper torso were also covered in strange tribal tattoos, but no one could identify them ... not even Rekker.

When he was free, he favored a long spiked chain, having learned to use the awkward weapon in his younger years. He typically wore a chain shirt, giving him the freedom to move and still protect his vital regions. A hooded cloak kept him dry, and hid his face when necessary, while his pack carried most of his items.

Of course, all of his items were taken from him when he was arrested and imprisoned; now he simply wears a ragged tunic and pants, stained with the blood of their former owner.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show

Rekker can be quiet and soft-spoken at times, often appearing sullen to those who do not know him. However, it's actually because he prefers to listen instead of speak. Rekker has learned to say more with an imposing stare than a slew of harsh words. However, that is not to say he is reluctant to act when necessary, for he also prefers action to sitting around.

Growing up in the harsh environment he did, he learned quickly that the only power worth having was control - over yourself, over others, hell over the whole damn world around you!

Show

Rekker remembered little of his time as a child. All he truly recalls is that it went by quickly and was very lonely. His parents were warriors of some type, but what they fought for is a mystery to him. Why they were in Farholde was anyone's guess. Perhaps they were on the run, perhaps they were there for a job, perhaps they were looking for a place to ditch their child. Regardless, they were killed in spectacular fashion by a local captain of the guard; which offered little in the way of solace for the strangely tattooed child left behind.

He grew up in the crucible of an orphanage on the wrong side of town. It may as well have been a slave pit for all the care and rearing he received. The orphanage was rife with aspiring beggars, thieves, and more than a few cutthroats. As with anywhere, you had to establish your place in the pecking order. Rekker's size and strength ensured he found protection with one of the more powerful cliques. After a few years, it became apparent that he was strong and tough enough to take over; but while he wasn't a genius in such matters, he knew he possessed neither the head nor the tongue to keep the job for long. So he waited and worked as muscle for others. Unfortunately, the head boy, their ''boss,' became paranoid and was certain it was only a matter of time before Rekker made a play. So one night after a holiday celebration, they attacked him. He survived, losing one of his tusks, but was forced to flee the only home he'd ever known. His attackers lost the ability to walk without a limp or chew anything harder than creamed mash ... well, at least that was the lucky ones. But that was little comfort for a homeless youth.

For the next several months, Rekker survived by relying on his instincts and a few tricks he learned on the streets. Life is hard when your alone and penniless on the streets ... it's even harder when you're an unapproachable half-breed with a chip on his shoulder. Fortunately for Rekker, he was able to intimidate those who thought to take advantage of him, and brutally deal with those who ignored his imposing demeanor. One lesson that he took from his time living in alleys and gutters was there being strength in numbers ... but his life changed before he could take advantage of it.

Rekker was lurking outside a tavern when he saw him - the man who had killed his parents. He didn't remember him, didn't know him, but everyone knew Lord Bartho, former Captain of the Guard. Normally he wouldn't be here without his entourage, but the woman on his arm probably wasn't his wife. Rekker watched him from the shadows; the man was drunk and unaware of how close his death was. A few steps and Rekker was on him, wrapping his huge meat hooks around Bartho's throat. It seemed all so easy ... until the woman struck Rekker from behind.

The blow wasn't very powerful, nor did it hurt very much. Unfortunately, it did surprise him, however, and his lapse in attention was enough for the former head guard to reverse the hold and fling Rekker to the ground.

Growling, Rekker got up, intent on correcting his mistake, but that thrice-damned woman had started screaming, and guards were already on their way. Glancing to the alley, Rekker considered running, but when he looked back at Bartho, the man was standing there calmly, non-chalantly, with a smirk of superiority on his face.

With a roar, Rekker lost it. Throwing caution to the wind, he lost himself in anger, tapping into his racial prediliction for rage. He swung - once, twice, a third time, all missing. Bartho sidestepped easily, although each blow came progressively closer and closer. Then, when the half-orc had overextended himself, Bartho stepped in close and swept his leg out, taking the roaring beast down.

By then, the guards had arrived, rushing forward to restrain the berserker with manacles. However, they underestimated his rage, and with a tremendous shrug of his mighty arms, Rekker broke free and threw the three guards holding him off. More guards rushed in, but he met each with ferocious blows from his chains and frothing screams of hate. The fourth guard he smashed in the face, breaking his nose; the fifth he kicked in the chest, a loud crack echoing through the night; the sixth guard managed to strike him across the left side of his head, but was caught by the half-orc and strangled by the broken chains Rekker wielded like weapons.

The seventh guard saved the choking guard's life by smashing a large club into the back of Rekker's head, driving him to his knees. The remaining guards piled in with clubs, sticks, fists and boots, beating the half-orc down. Even as he dropped, his last conscious moments were shouting obscenities at the former Captain of the Guard while townsfolk peered in amazement and fear from behind cracked curtains and doors.

One of the guards with a large gash on his cheek stepped up to the Mayor, asking if he was okay. Bartho nodded, spitting on the now comatose Rekker. ďSir, I couldn't quite make out what he was shouting, but it sounded like he thinks you killed his parents.Ē

Bartho thought for a moment, then shrugged. ďYou know, I donít really remember- in my youth, I killed so many Orc scum. It was simply part of the job.Ē

Now Rekker was on his way to prison, for a crime he failed to commit against a man who didn't even remember the reason for his vengeance. Ironic, in a way, enraging in another. But any way you looked at it, Rekker was pissed. These people had better do themselves a favor and kill him quickly. Otherwise, they would pay.

They would ALL pay.
    Last edited by Starbin; 2019-10-07 at 05:42 PM.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

[QUOTE=Henry the 57th;24186468]Iíve got a WIP sheet for Necare Alenare, former noble turned necromantic Soul Weaver. Does anyone remember how to determine starting skill points for Spheres of Power classes? I canít remember how to figure that out, so I havenít picked out any skills. I havenít spent any cash on item yet either.

A Soul Weaver receives 2+Int skills per level. As a Human, you receive +1 Skill Point per level. So Necare would have 4 skill points, 5 skill points if he puts his favored class bonus into skills. Keep in mind that you get a one time +3 bonus to any class skill you put a skill point into.
    Last edited by Ancient; 2019-10-05 at 05:10 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    Iíve got a WIP sheet for Necare Alenare, former noble turned necromantic Soul Weaver. Does anyone remember how to determine starting skill points for Spheres of Power classes? I canít remember how to figure that out, so I havenít picked out any skills. I havenít spent any cash on item yet either.

Show
    Necare was born into House Alenare, a minor fiefdom amidst the heartlands of Talingarde. His parents were a pair of ambitious social climbers in spite of their relative unimportance, and their firstborn son was viewed as little more than an accessory to this. From the moment he could speak, the child had to have perfect diction, impeccable pronunciation. From the moment he could walk, his posture must be flawless. Nothing whatsoever about the child could be allowed to give his familyís peers even the slightest cause for gossip or even worse, scandal. Necare would be courteous, studious, pious, and chivalrous in exactly the right times and amounts without the faintest hint of ill repute. He would adhere to a strict schedule every day without fail, he would attend all the right parties, worship Mitra in the right chapels in the right ways, have all interests he was supposed to have, and above all be the perfect nobleís son at all times. How Necare felt about this was immaterial. What was important was that the houseís reputation was assured, not petty things like whether or not he wanted any of this. Any infraction would be dealt with harshly, and behind closed doors.

It goes without saying that this led to some resentment.

The older he grew, the more Necare cane to despise everything his family stood for. He hated the preening noblemen they fawned over, hated the holier-than-thou bishops and cardinals whose purity they touted, hated the little backwater estate they ruled over. He came to despise the endless parade of tutors and holy men, the strict schedule he would keep at all times. But above everything else, he hated that he couldnít do anything about it. Attempts to rebel in even small ways earned house arrest, attempts to flee earned a solid whipping in places that would not be noticed. For years, he could do nothing but simmer in his own impotent anger.

That was until the boy realized he could see things no one else could. Little wisps of soulstuff floating through the air, faints whispers on the wind. At first, he didnít know what he was perceiving. He even worried he might be insane. But soon enough he came to realize that he could, on some level, manipulate these things. This energy, these spirits as he slowly came to realize, were an aspect of the world wholly beyond his parentsí small minds and petty perceptions. That alone would have kept him awake long into the dark nights, practicing alone with nothing but a few old cryptic books and whispering spirits to guide him. But when he realized to true extent of this inborn potential not only to set him free for a time but give him control over the world around him, it was all he could do not to dance and sing for joy.

Unfortunately, all good things come to an end. Necare tried pushing his new skills too far, too fast. He violated a hallowed cemetery of Mitraís faithful in the dead of night, for no better reason than to prove the funeral rites of the faith were as empty and useless as the rest of it. While he was able to command a corpse to rise, he underestimated the amount of noise a creaking coffin can make. A temple guard caught the young man and the undead abomination red-handed. The alarm was sounded before he could be put down, and all was soon lost.

Necareís arrest was met instantly with his familyís total disowning of their firstborn. His father never even showed his face at his own sonís ďtrialĒ. When the young bevromancer was dragged off to Branderscar Prison, only rage simmered in his heart.
    I guess I'll take this as a sign that I should withdraw my interest, since it's a mechanically identical character with a better-written backstory.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    A Soul Weaver receives 2+Int skills per level. As a Human, you receive +1 Skill Point per level. So Necare would have 4 skill points, 5 skill points if he puts his favored class bonus into skills. Keep in mind that you get a one time +3 bonus to any class skill you put a skill point into.
    Ah, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Syless View Post
    I guess I'll take this as a sign that I should withdraw my interest, since it's a mechanically identical character with a better-written backstory.
    Oops, didn't know I was stepping on your toes. Do you want me to try reworking him a bit?
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2019-10-05 at 07:52 PM.
    -Me

17. - Top - End - #47

Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    Oops, didn't know I was stepping on your toes. Do you want me to try reworking him a bit?
    Nah. I'll just use the chance to come up with a character that's somehow more unsettling.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Syless View Post
    Nah. I'll just use the chance to come up with a character that's somehow more unsettling.
    Alright, good luck.
    -Me

19. - Top - End - #49
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

It is with great pleasure that I introduce the Vengeance of the Bryr! Included in the link is a complete sheet, description, image, personality and background. Best of luck to all applicants.
    Pathfinder Player/GM
    3rd Party Fan

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Necare is just about finished, beyond some gold I have yet to spend. I may just wind up keeping it though.
    -Me

21. - Top - End - #51
    Firbolg in the Playground

Would you allow a non-human Tiefling based on Halflings? Mechanically they would be vanilla tieflings (+dex/int -cha) only small. So instead of a medium outsider, they are small:

Size: Halflings are Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a Ė1 penalty to their CMB and CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
    Last edited by Spore; 2019-10-06 at 04:42 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Soramus D'Bilker , Anti-Paladin of Asmodeus .

Brief Description : Soramus D'Bilker grew up in Gastenhall, a devout follower of Mitra, he soaked up knowledge of all kinds wherever he went. At first dreaming of being a Paladin of Mitra, Soramus filled his time making friends, learning the art of war and becoming a very popular youth among the church and academic crowd. When Soramus was 14 years old he had a nightmare. He saw his fair city burning to the ground, devils and demons wreaking havoc on his beloved city, a powerless witness to destruction that felt both real and not real at the same time. Near the end of his dream a demon took notice of Soramus, paralyzed with fear Soramus could not do anything. The demon told soramus a story, one where Soramus was the hero, a story where Soramus becomes a Paladin of Asmodeus, where he brings the change to Talingarde that it deserves , cleansing, strong , how it used to be , and how it should be. The Demon promised Soramus he would ascend to the throne, marry the princess Bellinda and be king. All he had to do was learn about Asmodeus. So Soramus took the dream and the message from the demon to heart. Blessed in his mind he started seeking knowledge. He became friends with Tiberius Feign , a trusted upcoming youth , Feign excepted Soramus as a scholar and taught him many things. What Soramus did not learn from Feign he learned from his paladin mitra training... that is until the day Soramus stole all of Tiberius Feign's sacred texts, ones that told of rituals and other Asmodean knowledge. Caught Soramus is sent to Brandascar, still clinging to the belief that he is destined to bring back asmodeus to talingarde and become king .

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

24. - Top - End - #54

Chimera

Philosophy time with Fara!

Spoiler: An excerpt from a letter of Brother Felis
    Show
    Ö The conversation turned to the church when a group of acolytes walked by on their way to the temple. The girl asked what the purpose of the temple was, and confused, I explained it was a commune with Mitra and look upon his aspects.

ďBut Mitra is the Sun,Ē she replied. ďYou should worship outside, staring up at the sun while you pray.Ē She pointed at the sun blazing straight above us. ďWhy donít you do that now? Stare into Mitra and pray.Ē

More befuddled than ever, I explained that one cannot look directly at the sunís radiance when she grew agitated and interrupted. ďEXACTLY! Because you would be struck blind Ö Mitra blinds those who love him. He is the tyrant of the day. It's much safer to look downward. Ē
    Last edited by infomatic; 2019-10-07 at 09:35 AM.
    ó The Dragon, to Grendel

25. - Top - End - #55

Character creation, take 2: Zessa, Incanter and failing god usurper.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Table of Interest
    Player Race Alignment Class Character Name/Sheet Campaign Trait (Crime) Other Notes
    Starbin Half-Orc Neutral Evil Urban Barbarian Draydor Tinkertot Attempted Murder
    Henry the 57th Human Neutral Evil Soul Weaver Necare Alenare Grave Robbery
    Soramus Human Lawful Evil Tyrant Antipaladin Soramus D'Bilker MISSING (High Theft?)
    TheGSE Elf Neutral Evil Sidhe Invoker Fey Adept Acharn Varbryr Sedition
    Syless Human Lawful Evil Incanter (Mind Sphere, Telekinetic Sphere, Creation Sphere, Protection Sphere) Zessa Slave Trading
    Rattlebones Human Lawful Evil Conscript (Staff Master Tradition, Open Hand, Felix Havlik Heresy
    Infomatic Human Neutral Evil Spiritualist (psychomancer) Fara Eiasale MISSING (Heresy?)
    Ancient

Iím about to be offline again the next 3 days, which will give everybody time to finish their sheets.
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2019-10-07 at 03:30 PM.
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    Would you allow a non-human Tiefling based on Halflings? Mechanically they would be vanilla tieflings (+dex/int -cha) only small. So instead of a medium outsider, they are small:
    That is fine.
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Everything is shaping up. I added the map to the OP and will finish filling in the table tonight.

I just realized I forgot to list what each campaign trait does on the OP. Iíll add that soon, as well.

Edit: This game is closed to new interest.
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2019-10-07 at 03:04 PM.
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59

Chimera

Just a note, the link to Necare actually goes to Soramus. Also Farazahd the descecrator is all done! (I did have that question about if Spiritualists can swap proficiencies for martial traditions, but that's pretty minor.)
    ó The Dragon, to Grendel

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by infomatic View Post
    Just a note, the link to Necare actually goes to Soramus. Also Farazahd the descecrator is all done! (I did have that question about if Spiritualists can swap proficiencies for martial traditions, but that's pretty minor.)
    You may swap them, just note you swapped proficiencies and note you swapped them for courtesan.

Is your campaign trait Heresy?
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2019-10-07 at 03:21 PM.
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Show