The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iron Gods (PF)

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Iron Gods (PF)

The town of Torch has long enjoyed a singular claim to prosperity—a violet flame that burns atop Black Hill in the heart of the town. This flame burns incredibly hot, and while it’s usually the size of a bonfire, several times a year the fires spew up into the heavens in a brilliant beam of purple violence. These eruptions are presaged by about an hour of soft rumbling, giving nearby smiths a chance to retreat before the fires can consume them. At all other times, the violet energies allow for the smelting of all manner of skymetal. Torch is one of the only locations where skymetal can be worked with relative ease outside of Starfall, and its entire economy has risen around these purple flames, with traveling smiths coming from across Avistan to pay for the opportunity to work with them. Of course, Torch needs all the visiting trade and coin it can gather, for while the town’s distance from Starfall makes it inconvenient for the Technic League to maintain a permanent presence here, the taxes and tariffs it charges the Numerian town on a monthly basis are significant. The town prospers, but the bulk of its income does not belong to it.

Which is why, when the fires atop the hill suddenly go out, the town is in trouble.

Spoiler: Big 16
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

Pathfinder first edition.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

Iron Gods AP, sci-fi

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

Three, and if someone drops, I’ll refer back to this thread for a replacement.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    The IC and OoC will be here on the forum, and there will also be a Discord.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

Level one.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

Starting GP (average or rolled)

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

Summoners are unchained, but everything else should be fine. No homebrewed classes, but I’m willing to consider minor alterations to class features or archetypes.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

All Core, Featured, and Uncommon races are allowed. I’ll tentatively allow custom races on a case-by-case basis, as long as it fits with your character concept. Max RP is 13 for custom races.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

HP is max at first level, and average, rounded up, thereafter. For ability scores, use point buy with 20 points.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

I’ll allow any alignment, but you have to be able to work with the party.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

Go right ahead.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

Please make rolls in the forum OoC, or in the IC as long as the roll corresponds to an action your character is taking.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Background skills are in use. Each player gets three traits (one of which must be from the Iron Gods Player’s Guide, located here), and one drawback, which cannot be Warded Against Nature or Umbral Unmasking.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

Yes, please have a background that explains why you are in Torch. A shorter background that portrays your character well is better than a long one that doesn’t.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

It’s an AP, so there’s a fair amount of hack & slash. There will also be ample opportunities for roleplaying (though it’s not always required), and I might toss in a puzzle or two.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

All first party material is allowed, other than obvious cheese such as Leadership. DSP’s Psionics are allowed (with psionics/magic transparency), as are Spheres of Power/Might, but not Path of War.
    Chaotic Good, probably

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Iron Gods (PF)

This looks interesting! Not sure what to build yet, but maybe something with a technomage flavour given the AP.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

I love this AP! I want to play it!

Ahem... I has no idea of what play but I certainly want to play! I'll read the player guide for inspiration.

4. - Top - End - #4

RedWizardGuy

Definitely interested as well, thinking I'll try something spheresy.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

A techy AP. Sounds like a good fit for an android technician from Spheres of Might.

At the start of the player's guide it mentions none of the players start with high tech gear. Is that limited striclty to the high tech equipment found within Numeria suppliments or will gadgets and firearms be limited in advancement at the start?

6. - Top - End - #6

Flumph

I'm tentatively interested because I've made characters for 2 other games that haven't decided on a party just yet and I don't want to fill my plate up if I do happen to get into those games. I would however be very excited to try this AP out so if none of those work out you can 100% count me as interested.

I'll think of a character idea nonetheless :)

Edit: How does an Iron Priest of Brigh sound? I'm liking that idea. Samsaran sounds like a good race.
    Last edited by Mizu_Makura; 2019-09-29 at 04:43 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hexed666 View Post
    A techy AP. Sounds like a good fit for an android technician from Spheres of Might.

At the start of the player's guide it mentions none of the players start with high tech gear. Is that limited striclty to the high tech equipment found within Numeria suppliments or will gadgets and firearms be limited in advancement at the start?
    Gadgets and firearms are allowed, and we’ll be using the Emerging Firearms ruleset. I would prefer it, though, if you refrained from using laser-based gadgets and inventions (at least for the first few levels).
    Chaotic Good, probably

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Hmm, this might be a neat AP to get in on. I'll have to consider what sort of character to play. Might look at the blacksmith class or the inventor, though I've been considering going with a wizard build (or a mystic theurge). Haven't tried a full caster before.

Or I might try one of the crazier ideas I've had for Spheres and do a halfling who fights with a fishing pole.

Also, if psionics and spheres is on the table, I think there was a City of Seven Seraphs prestige class that looked interesting, though kind of hard to build for.

Anyway, I'll take a look at stuff and consider my options. (Reading the player's guide would be a good start I think!)
    My DeviantArt page
    My Twitch channel! Watch me draw while I ramble about semi-related topics, every Saturday at 4:00 PM PST.
    Missed a stream? Watch it on my YouTube channel!

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by In4Dimensions View Post
    Gadgets and firearms are allowed, and we’ll be using the Emerging Firearms ruleset. I would prefer it, though, if you refrained from using laser-based gadgets and inventions (at least for the first few levels).

So wait a few levels to nab the particle weapon melee gadget. Gotcha. :)

Now to figure out melee or ranged.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

This is Iron Gods so I've gotta play an Android. I think I'd like to try the DSP Voyager class. Which doesn't appear to be up on d20pfsrd but I can send the pdf your way.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    This is Iron Gods so I've gotta play an Android. I think I'd like to try the DSP Voyager class. Which doesn't appear to be up on d20pfsrd but I can send the pdf your way.
    I’ve got the Voyager pdf already; it’s one of my favorite classes to play.
    Chaotic Good, probably

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Interested, possibly with a nanite bloodline sorcerer but I'll have to think about it a bit to be sure that's what I want to do.
    Please don't capitalize my name.

I wrote an original urban fantasy series. You can read it for free at http://emrysvaughn.com/

I'm currently writing an epic fantasy series, which you can read for free at http://www.brokenlandserial.com/

Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

13. - Top - End - #13

Flumph

Looking over stats and abilities, I'm really liking the idea of a Samsaran Iron Priest of Brigh. The bonus to Int and Wis just makes Samsaran a top pick for what I have in mind; a Cleric who works as an engineer.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

I’ve got the Voyager pdf already; it’s one of my favorite classes to play.
    Any tips on how to play it? It seems terrifyingly fragile so even with the ability to dip in and out melee scares me. But it has no extra feats to try and go ranged...

If it qualified for a Martial Tradition it might loosen things up a bit, but it doesn't :-/
    Last edited by Rokku; 2019-09-29 at 08:57 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Any tips on how to play it? It seems terrifyingly fragile so even with the ability to dip in and out melee scares me. But it has no extra feats to try and go ranged...

If it qualified for a Martial Tradition it might loosen things up a bit, but it doesn't :-/
    If your character has a good enough backstory to reasonably have some martial training, you can have a martial tradition. (“Some classes who do not gain proficiency with all martial weapons but whose class description implies a strong martial background may trade their starting proficiencies for a martial tradition with GM approval.”) I’d also recommend the Crossfire archetype.

Oh, and I am open to custom martial/casting traditions. Just run them by me first.
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2019-09-29 at 09:26 PM.
    Chaotic Good, probably

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

If your character has a good enough backstory to reasonably have some martial training, you can have a martial tradition. (“Some classes who do not gain proficiency with all martial weapons but whose class description implies a strong martial background may trade their starting proficiencies for a martial tradition with GM approval.”) I’d also recommend the Crossfire archetype.

Oh, and I am open to custom martial/casting traditions. Just run them by me first.
    Well when I noticed someone else jumped on Android I was thinking of going Elan (since they have a great favored class bonus) with the idea that something they encountered in the ruins transformed them... so they would have been a like a human guard, soldier, or mercenary before they became an Elan Voyager.

And if you can give me any tips on how to play the class at low level I'd really appreciate them. There is a LOT going on there and I've never played it before.

As for a custom tradition I'm thinking something like:

Rifleman
    Trained to take advantage of the precise stopping power of firearms to gun down enemies at mid-range.

Bonus Talents:

• Equipment: Firearm Proficiency, Steady Shooter
    • Sniper Sphere
    • Variable:A Rifleman may gain Expert Reloading or Mechanical Savant from the Equipment Sphere.
    Last edited by Rokku; 2019-09-29 at 10:21 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tentative interest. Maybe a scholar from spheres or an alchemist.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-09-29 at 10:27 PM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Are alternate racial heritages okay? Specifically for tiefling.
    Please don't capitalize my name.

I wrote an original urban fantasy series. You can read it for free at http://emrysvaughn.com/

I'm currently writing an epic fantasy series, which you can read for free at http://www.brokenlandserial.com/

Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Well when I noticed someone else jumped on Android I was thinking of going Elan (since they have a great favored class bonus) with the idea that something they encountered in the ruins transformed them... so they would have been a like a human guard, soldier, or mercenary before they became an Elan Voyager.

And if you can give me any tips on how to play the class at low level I'd really appreciate them. There is a LOT going on there and I've never played it before.

As for a custom tradition I'm thinking something like:

Rifleman
    Trained to take advantage of the precise stopping power of firearms to gun down enemies at mid-range.

Bonus Talents:

• Equipment: Firearm Proficiency, Steady Shooter
    • Sniper Sphere
    • Variable:A Rifleman may gain Expert Reloading or Mechanical Savant from the Equipment Sphere.
    The tradition is approved.

Basically, move around as much as possible to keep max Momentum, as you get a bonus to AC and DEX from it. I would also recommend the Metronome archetype; it makes parallel actions less of a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by ylvathrall View Post
    Are alternate racial heritages okay? Specifically for tiefling.
    Yup.
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2019-09-29 at 10:37 PM.
    Chaotic Good, probably

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

OK, so I was taking a look at the City of 7 Seraphs material again. The PRC I was thinking of was the Trinity Angel, which requires Veilweaving as a prerequisite. Is the Akashic Mysteries material (from DSP) allowed? (Note: I am not 100% sold on this idea yet, I have other concepts I could do.)
    My DeviantArt page
    My Twitch channel! Watch me draw while I ramble about semi-related topics, every Saturday at 4:00 PM PST.
    Missed a stream? Watch it on my YouTube channel!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

I am posting absolute interest. I have a character ready for an Iron Gods game that did not really get off the ground - she is a Human Psychic with the Mindtech discipline, who has a backstory that is intimately tied to the game.

I will post full details later today!
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Active Games:
    - Ironfang Invasion (DM)
    - Darkest Dusk (Whisper)

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illogictree View Post
    OK, so I was taking a look at the City of 7 Seraphs material again. The PRC I was thinking of was the Trinity Angel, which requires Veilweaving as a prerequisite. Is the Akashic Mysteries material (from DSP) allowed? (Note: I am not 100% sold on this idea yet, I have other concepts I could do.)
    I would prefer if you didn’t, simply because I am unfamiliar with Akashic content.
    Chaotic Good, probably

23. - Top - End - #23

Flumph

@In4Dimensions
    As I'm learning to differentiate between Magic items and Technological items, I do have a couple questions.
    1)If I were to take the Craft Construct feat later on, should I specifically take the Craft(construct) skill, or will Craft(mechanical) suffice in making clockwork/robotics, especially with taking the technologist feat? I could easily take both however.
    2)To take the Craft Construct feat, it requires the wonderous item & magic arms/armor crafting feats. Would switching those two prereqs with the Technological Items & Technological Arms & Armor work better for the setting, or should I take all 4 separately?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mizu_Makura View Post
    @In4Dimensions
    As I'm learning to differentiate between Magic items and Technological items, I do have a couple questions.
    1)If I were to take the Craft Construct feat later on, should I specifically take the Craft(construct) skill, or will Craft(mechanical) suffice in making clockwork/robotics, especially with taking the technologist feat? I could easily take both however.
    2)To take the Craft Construct feat, it requires the wonderous item & magic arms/armor crafting feats. Would switching those two prereqs with the Technological Items & Technological Arms & Armor work better for the setting, or should I take all 4 separately?
    1. You can use craft (mechanical) to make constructs as long as you have the Technologist feat.
    2. Take the four feats separately.
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2019-09-30 at 09:19 AM.
    Chaotic Good, probably

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Here is Jaclyn Agler, exile from Iadenveigh and wunderkin extraordinaire! I am copying over her details from the sheet, but I need to make amendments to her backstory unless I can find another suitably dedicated player character to serve as her Android Gunslinger buddy named Caliber.

Spoiler: Jaclyn Agler
    Show
    Jaclyn Agler
    Female Neutral Human Psychic, Level 1, Init 6, HP 10/10, Speed 30
    AC 15, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13, CMD 16, Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 0
    Light Crossbow +2 (1d8, 19-20x2)
    Dagger +0 (1d4, 19-20x2)
    Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 19, Wis 14, Cha 8
    Condition None
    Psychic Spells Known 0th level (∞) -- detect magic, ghost sound, message, read magic
    1st level (4/4) -- enlarge person, heightened awareness, technomancy

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Jaclyn is not exactly a beauty. Her skin is too pale and callow, the line of her mouth too thin, and her nose too long. Her dark brown hair is unwashed from days spent on the road, and her leather armor has the distinct air of disarray that only comes from somebody not knowing how to clean it properly. The crossbow over her shoulder and dagger at her belt point to her being a typical Avistani adventurer, but the strange black gloves on her hands, the streak of white hair at her brow, and her brilliant green eyes mark her out as something just a little bit more exceptional than that.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    A true genius, Jaclyn complements her book smarts with a heavy dose of experience and pragmatism. She isn't the type to go running off into danger, but neither is she afraid of the risks to get what she wants. The technologist has learned to balance her natural curiosity with a healthy dose of caution, and she knows better than to exceed the grasp of her own abilities. To Jaclyn, power is not just discovery, but mastery. Until she can control her growing connection to the technological wrecks of Numeria, her powers are a double-edged sword at best.

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    The girl was a problem.

The quiet town of Iadenveigh in southern Numeria was not known for much, despite the country it ostensibly belonged to. A pious community dedicated to Erastil and nature’s bounty, the townsfolk often described their home as an ‘oasis of nature in a wasteland of steel’. Led by the senior members of the Deadeye Council and a priest of Erastil, Iadenveigh’s people and culture were devoted to the destruction and degradation of the various technological marvels that covered the lands of Numeria. Theirs was a simple lot, to live off of the land and protect one another from the strange metal horrors that lurked beyond their Elkhorn Wall.

So when a young girl named Jaclyn – dropped off in the town by travelers passing through years ago and taken in as a ward of the community – began to display disturbing signs of scientific talent at a very young age, a few members of the Council grew very concerned. At the age of six, she had unearthed odd fragments of metal from near Longbitter Lake. By the time she was nine, Jaclyn had put together a decent approximation of a battery. There were a few that argued for shunning the girl – a faction headed up by Brother Derviec, the priest of Erastil – but most of her peers weren’t comfortable with harming a child or exiling one alone into the Numerian wilds. So the Council made a decision: they would try to rehabilitate the girl, to redirect her energy elsewhere so that she might one day put her mind to use for the betterment of the community.

Eventually, it was decided that Jaclyn would be raised by the town astronomer, Gervic Agler. A curious fellow, Agler had studied the ancient Kellid monuments built by Iadenveigh’s inhabitants before any of the town’s current residents came to live there. Uncovering an inscription that read “Watch Ye Warily the Skies”, he grew fascinated by the implications of these engravings. The older man eventually built an observatory along with her house to watch the stars. Jaclyn was to live with Ayggler and learn the witch’s trade, picking up the science of astronomy instead of meddling with forces she could not understand.

Agler, for her part, tried to give Jaclyn a normal life. He raised the girl well, teaching her how to dress and act as a member of the community. She received a fairly comprehensive education, memorizing the constellations in the sky even while Agler edified her on the more blunt points of manners and etiquette. The young prodigy was driven, but she was also an outcast. None of the other children her age cared much to socialize with her: their paths were those of farmers and foresters, of masons and priests, while Jaclyn’s mind was always busy doing scientific equations. Besides, the Council had been keeping an eye on her for some time, and although it was never outright stated, her presence made the common folk of Iadenveigh uncomfortable. That was quite alright to Jaclyn, though, as she preferred her own company to anyone else’s.

But things radically took a turn for the worse, when one day Jaclyn stumbled on something forbidden: a strange slab of stone on a ruined farm near the Badwater. Carved into it was the symbol of Erastil, and underneath it the girl could somehow feel the strange humming of metal and gears. Her curiosity towards the technological reawakened, Jaclyn tried to lift the stone to no avail. Returning home, she wracked her brain thinking of ways to get past the barrier. After several weeks of fruitless effort, the girl suddenly had a breakthrough. Gathering up raw materials in secret, Jaclyn began to work on a device of sorts, a set of telekinetic gloves that would allow her to augment her carrying strength beyond her body’s limits. Her labor would eventually get her caught, however, as the Deadeye Council had set watchmen at the old farm for reasons unknown and found the mage nearby.

Jaclyn knew the penalties for using this technology; Agler had warned her time and again not to go getting involved with it. However, she’d been too curious to turn away. So when the Council convened an emergency session to deal with the problem that Jaclyn posed – as a local whose predilection for the scientific threatened their very way of life – it was no surprise that Brother Derviec wanted to push for immediate trial and execution. The girl was simply too dangerous to be left alive. This time, there was more support for the idea, and the Deadeye Council soon made the announcement: Jaclyn Agler was to be tried as an adult for ‘agency technologic’. The sentence was death. What saved young Jaclyn was compassion from her adopted father. After an impassioned plea, Iadenveigh’s elders decided to exile Jaclyn instead.

Gathering what scant belongings she could, Jaclyn left the only home she had known for the greater wilds of Numeria. While she was definitely glad to be alive, she was even happier to have been banished. In truth, the fearful stories of gadgets and devices from the rest of the country had intrigued her since she’d heard them. To be able to explore such wonders herself was all she’d ever wanted, and now she finally had her chance. Setting out on a northward course along the Dagger River, the young technologist began to look in earnest for more sites like the one she suspected existed under Iadenveigh. But in the months that followed, Jaclyn didn’t come across anything of note in her travels. Instead, she learned the lessons taught by long nights and empty stomachs, the ones only a poor adventurer’s life knew how to teach you.

In the end, she came across the ruin by pure chance. In the Numerian Plains near the deadly Gorum Pots, Jaclyn came across a hollow metal chamber wedged between two hills. There, she came face to face with the source of her obsessions. The skymetal ruin was host to unfamiliar writings that it took him several weeks to properly translate. With the help of her psychokinetic gloves, she wandered deeper within and came across something even stranger: a female figure with long hair encased in a glass tube. Fiddling with the nearby wires and levers eventually secured this figure’s release, who woke up very confused and disoriented. She spoke in the same language as the symbols written on the walls, so at first she struggled to get through to her. Eventually, she settled on a name: Caliber, taken from the 1C – 32578 – 098234 number designation on her pod.

After excavating what little else remained of that complex, Jaclyn left with even more questions than he had answers. She also took Caliber with her, as the android was a significant find. Her lack of emotions oddly made her easy to interact with, and before long the two of them had settled into a comfortable professional relationship. Caliber apparently didn’t remember anything of her time before coming to arrive in that ruin, but she had undeniable skills and talents. For one, she spoke fluently in that otherworldly language. The two of them took the time to teach other, and Caliber proved to be as adept a student as she was a teacher. But Jaclyn was just as fascinated with the constructed woman’s unbelievable skill with firearms. She came to respect and even admire Caliber for her resilience and talents, relying on her a great deal on the road. After a few months, she regarded the android as a friend - perhaps the only friend Jaclyn had ever known.

A few days after what she was pretty sure was her twenty-second birthday – six years since her exile from Iadenveigh – Jaclyn and Caliber arrived in a new town, one that had been rumored to play host to a forge that could melt and mould skymetal ores. A haven of smiths and inventors, it could very well hold answers to the mysteries of the strange ruins throughout the landscape and the origin of the android creatures. The town’s name was Torch.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2019-10-03 at 04:50 PM.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Active Games:
    - Ironfang Invasion (DM)
    - Darkest Dusk (Whisper)

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

How unusual of a concept/build are you comfortable with? For a fairly traditional character, I would probably go armiger or prodigy. For going a bit out there, wraith or armorist (spirit blade). For crazy, wraith (collective) taking a drawback for construct followers, essentially playing a hivemind shared by a group of constructs.

27. - Top - End - #27

Chimera

So after putting some ideas together I want to make a beastmorph alechemist, a former apprentice of the wizard who just disappeared, is that a good concept?

Furthermore, are natural weapons viables in the long run? I mean, robots has hardness and stuffs x.x

28. - Top - End - #28

Devil

Definitely interested, though I am mulling over several concepts and need to whittle it down. Was wondering if you might allow me to play my custom Goliath race, specifically either a Sandstalker or Cragtopper. I was considering either being a Winding Path Renegade (Brawler) or some form of Earth Kineticist. Additionally was curious if you might allow for the Corruption mechanic from Horror Adventures (specifically the Construct version) and to take that instead of a Flaw.

If not that, then I am trying to decide between a Human Psychic, Lizardfolk Medium, or Goblin URogue, but depends upon what backstory I can figure out.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    How unusual of a concept/build are you comfortable with? For a fairly traditional character, I would probably go armiger or prodigy. For going a bit out there, wraith or armorist (spirit blade). For crazy, wraith (collective) taking a drawback for construct followers, essentially playing a hivemind shared by a group of constructs.
    It sounds a little wacky, and I haven’t seen the Wraith in play much, but if you can make it work, then go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleister VII View Post
    So after putting some ideas together I want to make a beastmorph alechemist, a former apprentice of the wizard who just disappeared, is that a good concept?

Furthermore, are natural weapons viables in the long run? I mean, robots has hardness and stuffs x.x
    The concept is good.

Natural weapons are definitely viable; you may want to look into how you can treat yours as adamantine, though, or have them deal energy damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bansheexero View Post
    Definitely interested, though I am mulling over several concepts and need to whittle it down. Was wondering if you might allow me to play my custom Goliath race, specifically either a Sandstalker or Cragtopper. I was considering either being a Winding Path Renegade (Brawler) or some form of Earth Kineticist. Additionally was curious if you might allow for the Corruption mechanic from Horror Adventures (specifically the Construct version) and to take that instead of a Flaw.

If not that, then I am trying to decide between a Human Psychic, Lizardfolk Medium, or Goblin URogue, but depends upon what backstory I can figure out.
    I’m going to have to say no to the custom race, and since I’ve never played with or heard of said Corruption mechanic, that’s also off the table.

Edit: you may use your custom race, but you get feat progression as normal, and you do not gain the racial abilities that you would otherwise gain past first level. The racial feats are off limits.
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2019-09-30 at 10:56 AM.
    Chaotic Good, probably

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Here is Jaclyn Agler, exile from Iadenveigh and wunderkin extraordinaire! I am copying over her details from the sheet, but I need to make amendments to her backstory unless I can find another suitably dedicated player character to serve as her Android Gunslinger buddy named Caliber.
    I had been considering gunslinger anyway, so I'd be down for a combined backstory. I'll probably utilize the SoM Gunfighter / Space Marine, just trying to decide on pistols or rifles currenly.