The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Homebrewed 3.5 Open world game (Closed Sorry.)

I just spent an hour tying up the first draft only for this site to nuke it due to logging me out when I tried to post it. So sad. (Retyping it feel free to ask any questions might have missed it due to the retype.)

Your Attending your High school Winter formal. Be it teachers or students maybe even a Chaperone. When suddenly a flash of light. You open your eyes to see [Plot Armored]! You gasp in shock as your fellow classmates are attacked. Blood start to pour over the ground. As the Rattles of [Plot-] and groans of [Armored] as the close in around you. As you turn you realize your not at your school anymore your at [Almighty Plot Armor]!

[The DM ~Siegfried~]... [Plot Armor] what are you doing?

[Plot Armor] These Humanoids arenít able to know about this campaign.

[DM] How will they join then?..

[Plot Armor] You have said enough.

[DM]...but I have to warn the about all the death and the [Plot Armor]. The objective of the game. Also what about the [Plot Armor].

...[Plot Armor] why are you even Plot armoring your name?...

[Plot Armor] ... Itís Classified. The Players are not allowed to receive advance warning.

[DM] Ridiculous! Iím the Dm. Iím all powerful you can stop me from tel-

[Plot Armor] [Divine Inprisonment Containment Killing_Primodials Under Nine Clouds Heaven]

*[DM ~Siegfried~] collapses unconscious.*

[Plot Armor] None is stronger then the [Plot Armor]!

Spoiler: Big 16 that I stole
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

Homebrewed game with some dnd 3.5 mechanics to make it less choppy. But very minor.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

This question is basically a hint of the game *wink *wink.

Mainly your going to start off though at your High school winter dance then we roll foward. Sometimes the game might hit Rated R or Mat-13 might be gorey as well as a heads up.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

Iíd like 4-6 but if enough have suitable backstories that fit with the campaign Iím open to expanding it a bit.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

Play by Post on the GitP Forums

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

Level 0/(itís better this way early on)

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

You can have a few hundred dollars in your wallet idm. Itís not like it help you much hahahahaha!

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

Classes arenít important really just a term in this game

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

You can only be human at the start!

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

5d6b3 or 1d10+8 but you can only pick one. Also stats arenít to important if you get +10 nice you get a little boost if you get -29385 first how? Second you might be able to catch up by playing smart.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

Iíd like you guys to be kinda a nice for a bit. Lol but not to heavy like donít go eating babies faces type of evil.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

It actually doesnít affect my game in anyway so not important

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

Players will roll their own dice. I have some passive rolls and such I like keep hidden. Unless you specifically ask to roll for it. Also I like if you try to persuade with words. Depending on what you say might give bonuses to rolls

Exm.

Player: Iíll persuade the king.

Dm: go for it.

Player: [Rolls 17] ďI want a horse!Ē (-10 to persuading) I kneel awaiting for him to give me permission to speak. Then I polite ask him ďMy Liege may I have one of your Magnificent steeds to aim me on my journey to rid your lands of evil? (+50 reputation with the king and +5 on roll)

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

You get a built in Homebrewdex at the start of your journey that can help. But as [Plot Armor] Said earlier I canít say much.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

Yea why your attending the winter formal details about your characters and such. If your a teacher explain why. If your a wiz kid who in is high school at 10 write a backstory and reflect it say with more int? But Iíd prefer it I feel you keep your ages around 16-18.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

The world and [Plot Armor] is the puzzle. Role playing will be your way to get stronger so itís very heavy same with hack and slash. Keep your wits about you! The game will be dangerous if you take it lightly.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    The homebredex?

Spoiler: Types of players I would like
    Show

Roleplayers.
    Players who can adapt quickly in game.
    Preferably if you can post at least once in a 1-2 day period.
    Ones that try to help the Dm instead on breaking the world lol.

Spoiler: Dm tricks
    Show
    I sometimes hide things around, be it funny or not. Sometimes I do roundabout ways of saying things for the ones that spot them good job you might be able to see hidden things. If someone finds the few things Iíve hidden here feel free to post maybe you might get an award :o
    Last edited by ~Siegfried~; 2019-10-10 at 09:49 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Homebrewed 3.5 Open world game

This seems intriquing and I enjoy the level of meta.

To be sure that I am getting this right, we are a group of modern people attending a school ball and some monster with the power to break the fourth wall appears and slaughters a bunch of people? I tend to prefer games in which we gain some ability that we don't have in regular life, can you confirm that this is possible in the setting?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

(5d6b3)[13]
    (5d6b3)[12]
    (5d6b3)[13]
    (5d6b3)[8]
    (5d6b3)[13]
    (5d6b3)[12]

Sounds... Interesting. Are we to be high school students?

Edit: Wut. How did I get that bad rolls.

Edit II: Anydice to the rescue!

A 13 or less has a 47.44% chance.
    A 12 or less has a 33.87% chance.
    An 8 or less has a 4.14% chance.

Just... Good lord!
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2019-10-02 at 01:02 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Rolling Dice!
    Is it roll in order or....

(1d10+8)[15]
    (1d10+8)[13]
    (1d10+8)[15]
    (1d10+8)[17]
    (1d10+8)[10]
    (1d10+8)[16]
    Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and CHAINFISTS FOR HANDS. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timble View Post
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    My 40k Discord Server: Join Today!
    Magic the Gathering (In the Playground)
    Games that I am in

5. - Top - End - #5

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SÝnderjye View Post
    This seems intriquing and I enjoy the level of meta.

To be sure that I am getting this right, we are a group of modern people attending a school ball and some monster with the power to break the fourth wall appears and slaughters a bunch of people? I tend to prefer games in which we gain some ability that we don't have in regular life, can you confirm that this is possible in the setting?
    Yep thatís kinda it. Lol if you read light novels or mangas you might have a bigger tell on what might happen. But yep lots of abilities depending on how you role play and strategize .

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

Sounds... Interesting. Are we to be high school students?

Edit: Wut. How did I get that bad rolls.

Edit II: Anydice to the rescue!

A 13 or less has a 47.44% chance.
    A 12 or less has a 33.87% chance.
    An 8 or less has a 4.14% chance.

Just... Good lord!
    Yep your high school students or you can be a chaperone or a teacher. Just someone who would attend said event. Would prefer the high school students more though. Also donít worry stats arenít everything lol. Just a little heads start.

6. - Top - End - #6

Hm... Will think on character details.

What more can we learn of the world?

Show
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #7

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Hm... Will think on character details.

What more can we learn of the world?
    A lot is classified. Hmmm letís see what the [Plot Armor] will let me get away with.

Survival will be tough. Seeing as it will literally be like you vs the worlds. Also try to be flexible and keep an open mind. It will help you develop better. The town your currently in for your schooling isnít now important so feel free to make up whatever details you would like. Mainly you have to write up a back story the rest of the game is a play as you go discover type.

Sorry I canít add more most of it is hard to say without giving it away since it stills to certain themes.

8. - Top - End - #8

Spoiler: Igni Dei
    Show
    Igni Dei was born to Ramos and Wanda Dei, two loving parents. Ramos was a banker, Wanda was a baker, and the two were deeply in love.

Igni grew up sheltered (some may say coddled) and in a positive, loving home. She was homeschooled after kindergarten, so when she got to high school... Well, suffice to say it was a bit of a shock.

She excelled in her classes, but had little social life, spending most of her time with books and games. She has two solid friends-Jeremy Wheeler and Tessa Smith. Both of them are, like her, the nerdy, socially awkward types. They both enjoy the music parts of the extracurriculars, though, and so have more of a social life than Igni.

Basic backstory stuff.

Show
    Show

Show

9. - Top - End - #9

NecromancerGuy

Nice backstory I can already see what will happen buhahaha haha *cough cough*

10. - Top - End - #10

NecromancerGuy

Poke poke nudge nudge people still here/interested? Lol if there isnít much interest I can tune down players in this settings itís easy

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

BOOM! Here I am.

Devaris Johnson, football player, senior, and studly. I brought the head cheerleader to the formal, that sucked, she died. I am into action movies, rap, and eat a metric ton everyday to keep my body in peak physical condition. I hit the gym a lot, my parents provide me with everything I want. I am a single child and often engage in risky behaviors, because I am a bit of an adrenaline junkie. I drive a flashy car my parents bought, after I wrecked the first one they bought me. I am often undisciplined and am allowed to get away with poor grade performance and poor behavior in school.

(1d10+8)[9]
    (1d10+8)[12]
    (1d10+8)[15]
    (1d10+8)[13]
    (1d10+8)[15]
    (1d10+8)[16]

EDIT: Importance of stats for Devaris; Strength, Constitution, Charisma, Dexterity, Wisdom and finally, Intelligence.
    Last edited by stanleyindraven; 2019-10-07 at 03:08 PM.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

12. - Top - End - #12

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by stanleyindraven View Post
    BOOM! Here I am.

Devaris Johnson, football player, senior, and studly. I brought the head cheerleader to the formal, that sucked, she died. I am into action movies, rap, and eat a metric ton everyday to keep my body in peak physical condition. I hit the gym a lot, my parents provide me with everything I want. I am a single child and often engage in risky behaviors, because I am a bit of an adrenaline junkie. I drive a flashy car my parents bought, after I wrecked the first one they bought me. I am often undisciplined and am allowed to get away with poor grade performance and poor behavior in school.

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

EDIT: Importance of stats for Devaris; Strength, Constitution, Charisma, Dexterity, Wisdom and finally, Intelligence.
    Nice lol. By the way you can use a standard mythweavers 3.5 sheet for stats and just an organization. Itís just the bones Iím using for this story.

P.s. Iím thinking of starting this by Thursday. All you need is a backstory and starting stats. The rest is unimportant for now lol.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Firbolg in the Playground

Wow! This looks really interesting and I would love to take part in this. I'll roll for the stats now, and I'll see if I find some time during the day to write a basic backstory. She'll definitely be a high school student however, and one with a little bit of drama too.

(5d6b3)[14]
    (5d6b3)[15]
    (5d6b3)[12]
    (5d6b3)[13]
    (5d6b3)[14]
    (5d6b3)[18]

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Okay, I put everything on my sheet.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2029651
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

15. - Top - End - #15

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by stanleyindraven View Post
    Okay, I put everything on my sheet.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2029651
    Lol only thing I see is hp should be 2 not 3 xD. But other then that itís all good.

Any questions you wanna ask? Before game starts on Thursday?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

it is fixed
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri

17. - Top - End - #17

NecromancerGuy

Alrighty people who are still here leave a message below if we have at least 2 I can start it up lol.

18. - Top - End - #18

Yo. I is here.

Show
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

chiming in
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri

20. - Top - End - #20
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm still here and finishing up my character.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2030203

21. - Top - End - #21

NecromancerGuy

Alrighty. So jna make a quick mythweavers sheet (3.5) copy paste backstory into it do light filling (stats/hp) and post so I can have it for the future lol.

Will my an OOC for you three. At least I think we only got three? Then feel free to take colors while IC is being prepared.

22. - Top - End - #22

Sheet

And Bold Red for Igni.

Show
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #23

NecromancerGuy

The first Ooc

If you got any questions feel free to ask there.

24. - Top - End - #24

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Raunchel View Post
    I'm still here and finishing up my character.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2030203
    Side note 1 (14) stat on your sheet is supposed to be 12 you might have forgot to switch while playing with them.