The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: 50-State Initiative (MCU, M&M3e)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Prime View Post
    Just be careful with Equipment Kobold, equipment is used to represent something you can go down to Wal-Mart to purchase on your own, pistols, rifles, cellphones, your Initiative Outfit is a little high tech for that and would likely fall under device rules. A flak vest however is Protection 3 or 4, and qualifies as equipment.
    To be clear, I'm not arguing with any of the rules you listed. But does your walmart sell rifles?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Not in Canada, but you can pick up hunting rifles at commercial stores. /shrug.

3. - Top - End - #63

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Alright, Hulkling MK 2, with bonus complications and backstory!
    Ok, looks good for now. I haven't had the time for a thorough sweep, so bear with me if I come back later with more changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Incomplete, but here's the start of David "Inhuman" Staranson.

His array power is mostly fluff and I don't expect to get any use out of it. It just helps flesh him out a bit for 2PP.
    Just be careful with Equipment Kobold, equipment is used to represent something you can go down to Wal-Mart to purchase on your own, pistols, rifles, cellphones, your Initiative Outfit is a little high tech for that and would likely fall under device rules. A flak vest however is Protection 3 or 4, and qualifies as equipment.
    I've noticed a tendency in 3e where device-type powers get listed under equipment, it seems to be mostly a matter of differentiation between inherent powers and device-type powers. One thing I point out here is that Kobold never actually spent any points on the Equipment advantage, which is the normal method of acquiring mundane equipment. Just be clear that you're following device or gadget rules, Kobold, and not Equipment rules with those items.

I'm not going to go into the discussion of whether that mundane equipment is something you can get at Wal-Mart because frankly that's a tangent more relevant for street-level heroes, which we are not dealing with.

I will point out, Kobold, that in the first post the team was established as being in Maryland, not Delaware. Please change that on the sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Well dang. I go to look through the books to find an example of a duplicator to use as a guideline. The only one I found was in the watchguard book where they built Battalion with multiple Minions as if it was only 1 per rank. Is that a mistake or is there an errata of some sort changing the price? I assumed the first.
    I can't say I've seen any build examples of characters with Duplication powers in the books. The build details for Duplication seem fairly straightforward on page 104 of the 3e sourcebook.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, I noticed there's no riot armor in the equipment section, but the SWAT Officer on 217 has some (+4 toughness). Can I buy that, and if so how much is it?
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    Hey, I noticed there's no riot armor in the equipment section, but the SWAT Officer on 217 has some (+4 toughness). Can I buy that, and if so how much is it?
    Equipment costs the same as the power it represents, just in EP instead of PP. So Riot Armor equipment would be Protection 4 (for +4 toughness), costing 4 ep, which you can get from the Equipment advantage at 1 PP for 5 EP.

But, as said above earlier, we're not using equipment? so everything is bought as a device - which for something wearable, which can't be disarmed, is -1 PP of cost for every 5 PP in it. So Protection 4 (4 PP) as a wearable device would be 3 PP total. If it were on, like, a magic sword that also made you tougher? That can be disarmed, so it's -2 PP ever 5 PP of effects, so a total of 2 PP.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

Rick Venture avatar by kpenguin, his GM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

The Uniform is a Removable device, not equipment. Just covers my urge to not die, when my character idea doesn't allow for more than one inherent superpower.

And yeah, not sure where I got Delaware from. I'll fix that.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2019-10-04 at 12:15 AM.
    Zenithbold-Bard by Lord Raziere | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGirl

Here is the sheet for Zhanty Raydawn aka Frost the Ice Elementalist.

The bulk of the build is ready, on the to do list:
    * Currently a few points over budget.
    * Backstory needs a lot of work.
    * Add more fluff descriptions to the powers.
    * A few unspent EQ points.
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2019-10-04 at 12:47 AM.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

The Enforcer is almost complete. I still need to build the minions he'll be using, but I think I've got the character himself mostly down pat. How's he looking?
    -Me

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Always down for M&M, I don't know what's been submitted but I want to play a wizard.

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Powers:
    Power Level 10
    Power Points: 150

Abilities: 38ppts
    Str: 1
    Dex: 0
    Agi: -1
    Sta: 10
    Int: 8
    Awa: 2
    Pres: 0
    Fight: -1

Defenses: 32ppts
    Initiative: +0
    Toughness: +10
    Fort: +10
    Dodge: +10
    Will: +10
    Parry: +10

Skills: 10ppts
    Expertise: Arcana 8 (+16), Perception +2 (+6), Investigation +2 (+8), Expertise: Any +8 (JoaT)

Advantages: 6ppts
    Ritualist, Contacts (academic), Well Informed, Jack of All Trades, Benefit: Wealth, Equipment

Powers: 82ppts
    Mystic Senses: Senses 11, (detect magic, Accurate, Analytical, Awareness, Counters Concealment, Counters Illusion, Detect 2, Radius) 11ppts
    Sorcerer Supreme:
    Mystic Bolts: Damage 10 (Magic, Electricity, Ranged: Perception, Alternate 8) 38ppts
    -Lightning Spray: Damage 10 (magic, electricity, Accurate 5, Ranged, Multiattack)
    -Flames of Perdition: Weaken Toughness 10 (fire, magic, Affects Insubstantial 2, Accurate 5)
    -Winds of Boreas: Move Object 10 (magic, 100 tons, Area: Cone, Limited: one direction [away])
    -Ferrane's Fleshcraft: Affliction 10 (magic, Accurate 5, Hindered/Immobile/Transformed)
    -Sashem's Severance of Skill: Weaken 10 (magic, Accurate 5, magic descriptor effects only)
    -Elavalo's Enervation: Affliction 10 (magic, Accurate 5, Impaired/Disabled/Incapacitated, Resisted by Fortitude)
    -Malthola's Mercy: Healing 8 (magic)
    -The Dragon's Shadow: Affliction 10 (magic, darkness, Accurate 5, Vulnerable/Stunned/Paralyzed, Resisted by Will)

Master Mage:
    Alchemic Array: Transform 5 (magic, solids to other solids, Concentration, Alternate 6) 21ppts
    -Blessed Barrier of Boltos: Create 10 (magic, Affects Insubstanital 2, Limited: dome & sphere shapes only)
    -Meltos' Misleading Mirage: Illusion 7 (magic, sight & sound)
    -Parsifer's Portal: Teleport 3 (magic, Portal, Extended, Change Velocity, Change Direction)
    -Lothoria's Levitation: Flight 10 (magic, 2,000mph)
    -Ghostly Grasp: Move Object 7 (magic, 3 tons, Range: Perception, Affects Insubstantial 2)
    -Freezing Mist: Environment Control 5 (magic, cold, Dense Fog [Visibility], Linked Power: Environment Control 5 [intense cold])

Spoiler: Equipment
    Show

Headquarters
    House (0)
    -Dual Size: Miniscule exterior (-1)
    -Living Space (-1)
    -Library (-1)
    -Self Repairing (-1)
    -Security System (-1)

Spoiler: Fluff
    Show

Ambrose Powers (and now they call me Professor Power, bah!) was born to a factory foreman who insisted his son have the education he never did, so he would have more options in life. He was a natural born intellectual, and excelled in his studies, particularly the history of the occult and ancient paganism and superstitions. He transitioned from grad student to teaching assistant to professor without ever having a "real" job, and settled into a tenured position at Yale, teaching history. He was fascinated by past civilizations' belief in magic, and made it a focus of his study, and thus began to see patterns in it's supposed function.

When he turned 35 however, something...clicked, for lack of a better word. All he needed to make magic work, was to accept in his soul that it was real, and not superstition. When he did, suddenly his mind exploded with realizations about the interaction between different arcane forces, and he began tying it all together. Spells began to imprint on his mind, and he lost consciousness as his world expanded. In his dreams, he was visited by other mystics, a strange Celtic woman who called herself the Sorcerer Supreme. She was impressed by how much he had achieved on his own, and over the course of many nights, visited him in astral form to tell him about magic and the supernatural world hidden beneath the mundane reality he knew.

That was many years ago, and now Ambrose is closing in on his 50s, a gruff curmudgeon of a man with little patience for the follies of youth. He has traveled the world and seen many things most people thought were only stories, expanding his power and understanding. He even got into the habit of portaling himself to work, seeing no reason to hide his abilities. Despite several offers, he declined the Sorcerer Supreme's hospitality, preferring his freedom and forging his own path. When Tony Stark announced himself as the Iron Man however, everything changed. Suddenly green monsters were on the news, gods fell from the sky, and aliens invaded New York. Ambrose knew he had to take a more active role in the world, perhaps find an apprentice or two.

Ambrose's powers come from his understanding of magic. For most of his life all he knew was theory, formulas and powerless incantations, leftovers of bygone eras where mysticism and superstition reigned. But in his late 30's, a power awoke in him. Suddenly inside him was a wellspring of arcana that gave those formulas and spells real power. Now with practical experience in the mystic arts, he set about to not only master this power, but expand on it. Ambrose has learned that only so many spells can be held in the mind of a wizard, and he has had to choose carefully which he imprints on himself, but with access to a workspace and enough time, magical rituals of all kinds become possible.

Spoiler: Complications
    Show

Motivation-Patriotism
    Ambrose is from an older generation that valued nationalism more than these modern punk kids. If he feels like his country needs him, he doesn't see how there's much choice. Growing up hearing his dad regale him with stories about Captain America's exploits during the war also played a large role in this.

Motivation-Responsibility
    All evil needs to prevail is for good men to do nothing, and Ambrose can do quite a lot. In his opinion, not intervening to help when he has the power to do so is no different than causing harm himself.

I have Tenure
    Ambrose is currently a history professor at New York State, and while his position leaves him with a lot of leeway in terms of free time, he does have to attend classes and the odd meeting here and there.

Getting too Old for This
    He's no spring chicken, that's for sure. His magic fortifies his body, but he's still getting old, and has the usual problems associated with that.

Obsession-Arcane Knowledge
    Ambrose wants to learn all he can about magic, and is too stubborn to accept the help of Kamar-Taj to do it, he'd rather make his own way, sink or swim.

Mystic Senses: Less a spell and more of a byproduct of his skill, Ambrose can detect active magic nearby. His senses can penetrate most forms of concealment and he can analyze the spell or enchantment to determine it's nature. As this sense develops further, his ability to directly intervene in arcane matters increases.

Mystic Bolts: Ambrose's most basic spell, and one of his own creation. Perhaps in the past ancient wizards had no need for such straightforward means of self defense, but the world today is a dangerous place and if he could arm himself better than any firearm, why should he not? Mandalas of power form around his hand and arm, channeling bolts of lightning that strike near instantly.
    -Lightning Spray: Not truly a different spell, Ambrose can choose to forgo the perfect accuracy of his lightning to instead throw a wild spray of arcs or a continuous stream of energy.
    -Flames of Perdition: Ambrose loathes the necessity for this spell. It eats away at the very substance of anything it touches, and he must lay his hand on something to use it. It is a means of final defense, but is also useful for breaching certain hardened substances.
    -Winds of Boreas: Sometimes, a wizard needs a little elbow room. A crude but effective spell, it creates an intangible force that blasts nearby objects, and people, away from him. It isn't truly wind, that is merely a side effect of the spell moving the air, but he likes the name, and if it misleads a foe, so be it.
    -Ferrane's Fleshcraft: Ferrane was, by all accounts, a mad doctor and surgeon, always experimenting to "improve" humanity. Whether he was insane or merely seen as such through the lens of history, this spell allows Ambrose to alter living things, hampering their function, and at it's most potent, temporarily warp their bodies.
    -Sashem's Severance of Skill: Sashem, the mageslayer. He knew only this one spell, that negates magic and can render a wizard helpless. Every other wizard Ambrose learned from was killed by Sashem or his disciples, and so he has made this power his own.
    -Elavalo's Enervation: Elavalo was, oddly enough, Boltos' chief rival in Babylon, a wizard turned assassin who specialized in destroying an enemy's defenses before going in for the kill. Ambrose has no qualms using such power for himself, moral high ground is for priests, not wizards.
    -Malthola's Mercy: There is very little about Malthola himself outside this single spell, but many books praise his selflessness and charity. Perhaps healing magic was rare enough to make the man seem a saint. Regardless, Ambrose is grateful the spell survived.
    -The Dragon's Shadow: Of all his spells, Ambrose dislikes this one the most. He cannot deny it's potency, but the snarling, wailing shadow that envelops a person, sapping their will to act, insinuating tendrils of entropy into their soul, it is a foul thing and Ambrose loathes it's necessity. His books name The Dragon as a demon, and Ambrose is more inclined to believe it now.

Alchemic Array: A web of power based on an understanding of the structure of matter, this common spell allows Ambrose to change the nature of a thing. Stone becomes cotton, steel becomes glass, lead becomes gold. It only lasts for as long as Ambrose can focus, however.
    -Blessed Barrier of Boltos: Boltos was the head abjurer of an ancient Babylonian king, charged with his final defense. As such, he created many spells like this that summon shields and barriers. That king lived to an age of 130, if Ambrose's books are to be believed, a rather impressive testament to the power of his abjurer.
    -Meltos' Misleading Mirage: Meltos, Elavalo's teacher. So adept in the illusive arts many scholars debated if she was ever real. Well, the spell is real enough, ensnaring the senses with false images, a highly useful trick.
    -Parsifer's Portal: Parsifer was an insatiable explorer, and his magic focused solely on travel and discovery. It's immensely useful to be able to open a gateway to distant places and step across space in an instant, several miles at a time if Ambrose strains himself. Good for a quick escape, and a timely arrival.
    -Lothoria's Levitation: Lothoria was admittedly a minor wizard, and Ambrose knows there are more powerful spells, but he simply could not help but indulge with this one. The power to sever gravity's hold and fly like a bird is something he could not pass up.
    -Ghostly Grasp: A highly useful utilitarian spell, it summons a swarm of ghostly hands to move physical objects as he directs. It is also useful for handling things that are less than tangible. Created to deal with the possibility of ghosts and spirits, that Ambrose now realizes might be as real as his magic, but also those gifted with similar abilities.
    -Freezing Mist: Ambrose has weaponized the very weather. With a thought, he can turn a light fog into a freezing miasma. This spell can encompass large areas and severely hamper would-be enemies or facilitate a quick escape.
    Last edited by Rhyvurg; 2019-10-05 at 04:42 PM.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

I need to rethink Inhuman. I'm feeling very BMX Bandit after reading that.
    Zenithbold-Bard by Lord Raziere | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

11. - Top - End - #71

OrcBarbarianGuy

Equipment is still a usable mechanic in this game. Not sure where we got the idea that we're not using Equipment, but that's an incorrect assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzarra View Post
    Here is the sheet for Zhanty Raydawn aka Frost the Ice Elementalist.

The bulk of the build is ready, on the to do list:
    * Currently a few points over budget.
    * Backstory needs a lot of work.
    * Add more fluff descriptions to the powers.
    * A few unspent EQ points.
    We seem to be sharing a wavelength, Izzarra I like the concept for the most part, though I feel some things could be simplified by the character simply having popped onto Midgard from Alfheim, but that's just a nitpick. I will have to ask that you go back and put some more points into making your Attributes reflect an actual person. I'm not exactly a fan of the habit where we just dump points into two or three attribute stats and leave the rest untouched.

The Enforcer is almost complete. I still need to build the minions he'll be using, but I think I've got the character himself mostly down pat. How's he looking?
    Looks great, I like the Attribute stat spread. I was a little confused about what his immunities were until I found it in the stat block, try to make use of the extra space you have in powers to break up those sections a little for easier reading, please. I know MW don't have a great 3e sheet, but it's easier to review sheets when I don't have to scroll a lot through every text box.

You put a lot of thought into the character's personality and backstory, which is always good in my book. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    Always down for M&M, I don't know what's been submitted but I want to play a wizard.
    As I mentioned to Izzarra, I'm going to need you to spread out the attributes a little more before I'm going to consider Ambrose for the game. I do like the thought put into his spells and the titles are all really good. I'd also like some details on the character's personality so I can factor that into my deliberations when building the right team roster.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Julian84 View Post
    Looks great, I like the Attribute stat spread. I was a little confused about what his immunities were until I found it in the stat block, try to make use of the extra space you have in powers to break up those sections a little for easier reading, please. I know MW don't have a great 3e sheet, but it's easier to review sheets when I don't have to scroll a lot through every text box.

You put a lot of thought into the character's personality and backstory, which is always good in my book. Good job.
    Done. I stated out the minions in the statistics block instead. Speaking of them, itís okay for them to use the Creation (Impervious) power to create a Club, right? Or is it possible to purchase the Equipment advantage for them and have them be summoned with clubs and pistols?

Also, did you see my question above about riot armor and its costs?
    -Me

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    I need to rethink Inhuman. I'm feeling very BMX Bandit after reading that.
    Well, I can offer some advice. You have a lot of skill ranks, but you can get skills as an Enhanced Trait like anything else, then put them in an array to reduce the point cost. There's no reason to pay the full cost on multiple things you can't use in the same turn. You can also do the same thing with Equipment, it's how you do a utility belt. And with the points saved, you can add more array options to his existing powers and/or invest in Advantages to give him a fighting style, maybe snag a few ranks of Enhanced Strength (Lifting) or some Leaping ranks, a Device for enhanced movement like swinging or a jetpack, etc.
    Last edited by Rhyvurg; 2019-10-04 at 02:12 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

Well, I can offer some advice. You have a lot of skill ranks, but you can get skills as an Enhanced Trait like anything else, then put them in an array to reduce the point cost. There's no reason to pay the full cost on multiple things you can't use in the same turn. You can also do the same thing with Equipment, it's how you do a utility belt. And with the points saved, you can add more array options to his existing powers and/or invest in Advantages to give him a fighting style, maybe snag a few ranks of Enhanced Strength (Lifting) or some Leaping ranks, a Device for enhanced movement like swinging or a jetpack, etc.
    I have been wondering about that. The equipment array sounds like it makes total sense but I always felt like skill arrays were in a sketchy area. I know that I've seen lots of people say that it's more cost effective and stuff but none man's cost effective is another man's bending the rules so I was curious about the general concensous on that. My plan has always been to avoid them unless it directly related to a character concept.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

I would avoid skill arrays. The rules don't explicitly say you can use them. It's just a degree of optimization i'm not comfortable with.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

Rick Venture avatar by kpenguin, his GM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

In no official build have I seen a Skills array. Batman is good at Acrobatics, Athletics, Business, Criminology, Insight, Intimidation, Investigation, Stealth, Technology ... not Acrobatics OR Athletics OR ... you get my point.

Not saying Arrayed Skills can't be used, but if they are it's an either / or thing, which works for certain builds. Neo downloading a Martial Arts skill package, "I know Kung Fu," for example. That's my take, however it's not my game, so just stating an opinion folks are free to ignore as they see fit.

17. - Top - End - #77

In no official build have I seen a Skills array. Batman is good at Acrobatics, Athletics, Business, Criminology, Insight, Intimidation, Investigation, Stealth, Technology ... not Acrobatics OR Athletics OR ... you get my point.

Not saying Arrayed Skills can't be used, but if they are it's an either / or thing, which works for certain builds. Neo downloading a Martial Arts skill package, "I know Kung Fu," for example. That's my take, however it's not my game, so just stating an opinion folks are free to ignore as they see fit.
    That's what I was thinking. Like a robot build that has certain preset arrangements or modes or something might logically work but it might be easier to use metamorph at that point

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

I just now saw this. I 100% want to throw my hat in. If I get a character submitted tonight or tomorrow, would that be fine?

I have a few concepts. Two characters I made for defunct games could be rejiggered in a flash.

One's a mutant powerhouse and one's a cosmic-character with alternate-reality shenanigans.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79

OrcBarbarianGuy

Done. I stated out the minions in the statistics block instead. Speaking of them, itís okay for them to use the Creation (Impervious) power to create a Club, right? Or is it possible to purchase the Equipment advantage for them and have them be summoned with clubs and pistols?

Also, did you see my question above about riot armor and its costs?
    Yeah it'll just cost you 4 EP for 4 Protection from Ballistic Damage only.

A skills array is... Something I've seen, but in general I sort of look at arrays with a lot of wariness because they're never fun for GMs to decipher into mechanical realities. Skills arrays I find to just more trouble than they're worth.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCracker View Post
    I just now saw this. I 100% want to throw my hat in. If I get a character submitted tonight or tomorrow, would that be fine?

I have a few concepts. Two characters I made for defunct games could be rejiggered in a flash.

One's a mutant powerhouse and one's a cosmic-character with alternate-reality shenanigans.
    Welcome, welcome! Tonight or tomorrow would be amazing haha, no rush. The mutant powerhouse sounds like a good fit potentially, though we've gotta do something about the mutant part per my comments in the first page. A cosmic character with alternate reality shenanigans sounds intriguing but also sort of a GM's worse nightmare potentially

20. - Top - End - #80

Might be worth pointing out, that bulletproof vest is the same thing with subtle added and is in the book for 3.

Almost done with my sheet, just trying to figure out backstory wise when he would have joined Hydra and when he would have flipped to shield.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

I have been wondering about that. The equipment array sounds like it makes total sense but I always felt like skill arrays were in a sketchy area. I know that I've seen lots of people say that it's more cost effective and stuff but none man's cost effective is another man's bending the rules so I was curious about the general concensous on that. My plan has always been to avoid them unless it directly related to a character concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    I would avoid skill arrays. The rules don't explicitly say you can use them. It's just a degree of optimization i'm not comfortable with.
    I understand the reluctance but with the right character it can be justified. Like, a device that's a skill array for Expertise, because it can inform you about different subjects, or a character that's physically mutable that can optimize themselves for different things.

Another thing I would do, is swap out your Languages ranks for one rank of Comprehend, that saves you 3 points, which translates to 3 more powers if you go for alts, but personally I'd do something like 3 lifting ranks, gets him to an 800 pound limit, which is not too bad. Using an Expertise only array in a Device would net you 2 more. Personally I'd revisit all the extras on your Terrigen base power, 53 points is a lot to spend on a single ability.
    Last edited by Rhyvurg; 2019-10-04 at 06:05 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82

Here is Agency. I still need to finish filling out the general fluff. I put some bare bones basics down. But still need to flesh the details out.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay. Is it possible for me to give the minions the Equipment advantage, or no?

Also, open question: do you guys think it is better to have four minions that only get a standard action per turn, or two stronger minions with full actions plus Immortality? I'm kind of waffling on that point.
    -Me

24. - Top - End - #84

DrowGirl

We seem to be sharing a wavelength, Izzarra I like the concept for the most part, though I feel some things could be simplified by the character simply having popped onto Midgard from Alfheim, but that's just a nitpick. I will have to ask that you go back and put some more points into making your Attributes reflect an actual person. I'm not exactly a fan of the habit where we just dump points into two or three attribute stats and leave the rest untouched.
    Moved some PP around to get more points into the other attributes. Spent the EQ points.

Did some research and discovered that ice elves from Alfheim are actually canon in marvel, I did not know this until now. I ditched what I was trying to do before and have a nice simple little backstory in place that works better with the marvel setting. I will work on adding some more details to it as they come to me.

Still working on fluff descriptions of the powers.

Copy of sheet link: Zhanty Raydawn aka Frost the Ice Elementalist.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

As I mentioned to Izzarra, I'm going to need you to spread out the attributes a little more before I'm going to consider Ambrose for the game. I do like the thought put into his spells and the titles are all really good. I'd also like some details on the character's personality so I can factor that into my deliberations when building the right team roster.
    Added more fluff, I'll get to complications later. I did adjust his points to put more into abilities, but Ambrose is on the far side of middle aged and he's never been athletic or really physically exceptional, if anything he should have a few scores in the negative, not positive.

26. - Top - End - #86

OrcBarbarianGuy

Here is Agency. I still need to finish filling out the general fluff. I put some bare bones basics down. But still need to flesh the details out.
    Looks great, in terms of the uncontrollable flaw I'd actually say we could expand the threshold of cooperative a little bit more and close the threshold of hostile. While it's a great idea, we don't want it becoming too common of an occurrence lest we lose the novelty.

Okay. Is it possible for me to give the minions the Equipment advantage, or no?

Also, open question: do you guys think it is better to have four minions that only get a standard action per turn, or two stronger minions with full actions plus Immortality? I'm kind of waffling on that point.
    Last I checked, minions can have the equipment advantage if they're summons.

I lean more towards two stronger minions, mostly because it's less work to keep track of

Quote Originally Posted by Izzarra View Post
    Moved some PP around to get more points into the other attributes. Spent the EQ points.

Did some research and discovered that ice elves from Alfheim are actually canon in marvel, I did not know this until now. I ditched what I was trying to do before and have a nice simple little backstory in place that works better with the marvel setting. I will work on adding some more details to it as they come to me.

Still working on fluff descriptions of the powers.

Copy of sheet link: Zhanty Raydawn aka Frost the Ice Elementalist.
    Haha yep, I was just looking at Alfheim on the Marvel wiki the day you posted your sheet, so I happened to see there were Ice Elves there. I like the new backstory, gives her a possible motivation to be selfish and try to find a way home over being a hero, which is always an important thing imo.

Added more fluff, I'll get to complications later. I did adjust his points to put more into abilities, but Ambrose is on the far side of middle aged and he's never been athletic or really physically exceptional, if anything he should have a few scores in the negative, not positive.
    I mean, I'm always down for players who are willing to have weaknesses like negative stats. I find it much more compelling to gm characters who have vulnerabilities than a team of untouchable ubermensches haha. It's up to you whether or not you want to carry it any further, but I do like what I'm seeing.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Honestly Rhyvurg, rather than do negative stars, through his age into a complication. So when something relating to the frailty of old age comes up, difficulty with status, or maneuvering, easily tied, extra damage if hit without protective spells, etc, you earn a Hero Point for overcoming that frailty.

And your stats aren't actively gimped. Same effect, but with a bonus that'll help you out against the big bad.

28. - Top - End - #88

RedWizardGuy

Thinking of a speedster (based on Quicksilver's DNA)/Extremis experiment in an attempt to create the ultimate super soldier (an unkillable super strong speedster being the desired result) that didn't quite meet the expectations due to the powers not playing nicely with each other. Currently thinking of the heightened metabolism meaning that Extremis burns much hotter much quicker, meaning at best seconds at a time of use to avoid exploding.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

As an FYI, we already have a speedster with ties to the Extremus Virus and AIM submitted. It's unlikely we'll all get selected anyways, look forward to seeing your take on it.

30. - Top - End - #90

Looks great, in terms of the uncontrollable flaw I'd actually say we could expand the threshold of cooperative a little bit more and close the threshold of hostile. While it's a great idea, we don't want it becoming too common of an occurrence lest we lose the novelty.
    Well I didn't feel like I had any gage for what an appropriate range was. I typed out a few ideas for how we could possibly do it but figured you would always set the range to whatever you were comfortable with and let me know.