The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Attack of the Swarm [Starfinder AP Recruiting up to 2 Players]

5th Battalion drafts Suskillon citizenry to combat Swarm Invasion!
    It has been 6 months since the Swarm first touched down on Suskillon in a bloody conflict named the Battle at Stone Sea. After the Swarm punched through the planetís aerial and orbital defenses, its components landed near the Stone Sea, a large freshwater lake surrounding a dormant volcano. The Fifth Battalion of the Suskillon Defense Force (SDF) was closest to the site of contact and held the Swarm back long enough for the SDF to mobilize other battalions to the area. Stories of the battle have already reached near-mythical heights, as most members of the Fifth Battalion were killed in glorious, terrible combat.

Since then, the SDF has fought a losing battle against the Swarm. Though Suskillon is a friendly trading partner with the Pact Worlds, the planetís government has yet to officially request aid, with many afraid that the Pact Worlds will claim their planet as a protectorate in ďpaymentĒ for such help. In a desperate plea to maintain ranks in the face of our enemy's horrific onslaught, the SDF is now calling up all Civilian Defense Reserves in an effort to bolster their forces and defend our home from the invading swarm.

Standing before you is a monster of a Vesk, standing easily eight & a half feet tall, almost six feet wide at the shoulder, his scales a pattern of deep forest green, and vibrant emerald green, criss crossed with various duelling scars earned during his time in the Veskarium. His right eye has been replaced my a Ziess-Ikon cybernetic optical module, and it tracks the movement of the anxious crowd of which you are a part. ďI am THE LAST commanding officer in the 5th, Jaldamarrak, and I was killing Swarm before you were clutching your motherís tails." He paced back and forth in front of the raw, green, recruits, "I know more about this enemy than every soft-skin general in this system," he growled, "and I know for a fact we are losing this war." A large taloned hand tapped a data pad, scrolling through a list of names, many faces were crossed off with a red KIA icon. "Some of you are from other units and are being called in to replace those soldiers lost on the ground during, what the media has now dubbed, the Battle of the Stone Sea. Some of you are members of the Civilian Defense Reserves, called up to active duty. Others of you are thieves, criminals, prisoners, given a pardon," A nervous chatter ran through the room, as some of your fellow recruits looked at the other faces in the room trying to determine who the Commander was speaking of. "Because, in the end, you are Suskillon and we protect what's ours." A pause as he set down the data pad, his eyes, organic and cybernetic, scanned the room as if committing faces to his memory, faces that may not be beside you in the morning. "I'm not here to judge you for what you were before, I'm here to tell you WHAT I need you to be tonight. The Last Line." With the last three words he slammed a massive scaled fist down on the dur-alloy desk behind him, "We've all heard the phrase, drawing a line in the sand, that is us." A hand pointed out the tent flap where the recruits knew a world, their world, lay under siege by an implacable foe. "And behind us are our husbands, our wives, our children, OUR FUTURE. So tell me recruits are you going to hold the line, or are you going to let those monsters cross it and kill everything, everyone, you've ever known, everyone you've ever respected and everyone you've ever loved?"

The room erupted a hundred voices howling as one, and yours among them. "WE HOLD!!!"
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2019-11-01 at 03:19 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Attack of the Swarm [Starfinder AP Recruiting up to 3 Players]

I will be accepting five players for this Adventure Path; they are as follows;
    • BramsesII
    • DaedalusMkV
    • T.B.A.
    • T.B.A.
    • T.B.A.

BramsesII & DaedalusMkV applied to a previous game I wished to run before other players ghosted, so they have open spots. All Characters will be built using Corebook only, though I am open to discussion on Legacy races. Standard Attributes, and 1000 credits to start, limited to lvl 2 or lower items. Now, due to the nature of the campaign, you will be unlikely to return to Absalom Station and complete a shopping trip upgrading weapons to spending earned credits, you are soldiers, or civilian's thrust into a soldiers role, and your equipment is entirely dependent on supply lines, and availability of equipment, which will be scarce as your planet is currently being assault by the Swarm. As such, I highly encourage someone to take a long, hard, look at Engineering, so as to jury-rig available supplies to charge E-clips, power armor, and use UPB's to craft gear for which you have schematics.

Secondly, you need have a reason for having come to Suskillon at least six months ago, whether it was for profit, personal, or political reasons. I am open to discussion on this, and should you have any questions I am glad to help guide folks through character creation and fluff. I am hoping to have all submissions in by October 11th, though I will close sooner if we receive quality submissions in rapid order.

Thanks for your interest!
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2019-09-30 at 08:50 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Iím interested but never seen the corebooks. (Whatís the one for characters and loot? Iíll just skim the phb and such and play it by ear if you will have me?)

Edit ah not finding a pdf file online to skim. I might have to sit this one out lol.

Edit 2.0 starjammer core rules?
    Last edited by ~Siegfried~; 2019-09-30 at 10:35 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

NecromancerGuy

Man looking into it this seems even more fun!

For race I have two choices I would really like. #1 (and one Iím leaning most towards) is Astrazoan Iím thinking for backstory he is a fresh green recruit wanting to prove himself in combat to protect the lands he grew to love. (Kinda cheesy but I also want to develop him to a covered up human (he says in his human form.)
    #2 is the awesome trox. Taking protecting the weak and defending to the last stand to an extreme level.

For class Iím leaning towards either a guard soldier or a hit and run soldier.

(I would really like a Astrazoan Hit and run soldier I think it would be really fun. But Iím just barely getting into these books so if they donít work let me know! I have a lot to read over.)

Let me know whatís up DM!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello, everyone. I'm one of those special people up there who's coming along from the other game.

I'll be playing Katara Cratermaker, Vesk Bombard Soldier and explosives expert enthusiast.

I'll need to do some modifications to her background and figure out exactly how she came to participate in this conflict, but Katara should be mechanically ready. Yeah, she doesn't start play with a gun. Guns are expensive, and I needed to stock up on grenades, melee weapons and armour. It's fine. There's a war going on. It shouldn't be too hard to find a discarded firearm somewhere, right?
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Hey everyone. I'm the other special person (wait, we're special now?). In the other campaign I was planning to play a solarian, but I think I might just start with a background, wait to see what sort of applicants we have, and then see what best to build to fill in the gaps in the party. Building a lvl 1 character from scratch won't take that much time anyway.
    Characters in play:

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

@~Siegfried~ Not sure what an Astrazoan is, but it's certainly not in the Core Rulebook, so you should probably be looking there. As for Soldier, it can certainly work, however make sure you differentiate yourself from Daedalus' Bombadier, some overlap is expected but I would like to see some variety between tactics and play style.

8. - Top - End - #8

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Prime View Post
    @~Siegfried~ Not sure what an Astrazoan is, but it's certainly not in the Core Rulebook, so you should probably be looking there. As for Soldier, it can certainly work, however make sure you differentiate yourself from Daedalus' Bombadier, some overlap is expected but I would like to see some variety between tactics and play style.
    I found a site called starjammersrd lol been abusing it. The whole races thing is very obscure lol if I canít find one that fits Iíll go standard human. (I normally do human all the time so was looking to branch out lol)

Bombardier is a bit different then what I was going for lol. I was going for (hit and run/ghost type assaulter. Charge foward and shoot loads.) or (Guard/protect the final line and hold.) not very explosively lol

Spoiler: Astrazoan
    Show
    The shapeshifting astrazoans have lived as humans, lashuntas, verthani and many other races for the past few centuries, but their origins are shrouded in mystery. They have little in the way of their own culture and strive to find their place in the galaxy.

An astrazoan in their native form resembles a seven-limbed, human-sized starfish, with a single visual sensor in the middle of each limb. Their skeleton is cartilaginous and their flesh jellylike, but an astrazoan can spontaneously mold and introduce pigment into their flesh to imitate the appearance of almost any creature of the same size. Astrazoans are capable of forming both male and female reproductive organs and thus are effectively hermaphrodites. Because most astrazoans live in humanoid societies with defined gender roles, it is common for them to develop a fixed gender identity, but just as many are gender-fluid.

There are very few astrazoans in existence, and the majority of them reside in areas where they can blend in with the local populace. They do so not for any sinister reason or even from fear, but out of a desire to make those whom they live among more comfortable. They are aware that their natural form might be a bit off putting to humanoids who primarily interact with only other humanoids.

On a hunch, a team of researchers recently compared the DNA of an astrazoan volunteer to samples from an ancient and extinct race, and found a remarkable number of similarities. This race was known for being unique: no two of them looked alike. These researchers theorize that some of them used highly advanced genetic engineering to completely transform themselves in response to an extinction level threat; the astrazoansí innate ability to control their forms is thought to be a side effect of this change, though some believe it was the intended purpose.

RACIAL TRAITS
    Ability Adjustments: +2 Dex, +2 Cha, Ė2 Con

Hit Points: 4

Size and Type

Astrazoans are medium aberrations with the shapechanger subtypes.

Change Shape

As a standard action, an astrazoan can physically alter their form to look like any Medium creature, as long as they have seen a similar creature before. They can attempt to either mimic a specifc creature or look like a general creature of the chosen type. The astrazoan gains a +10 bonus to Disguise checks to appear as a creature of the type and subtype of the new form. The DC of the astrazoanís Disguise check is not modifed as a result of altering major features or if they disguise themself as an aberration or a humanoid (though the DC is still modifed if the astrazoan attempts to disguise themself as a different creature type). The astrazoan can remain in an alternate form indefnitely (or until they take another form)

Compression

An astrazoan can move through an area as small as one-quarter their space without squeezing or one-eighth their space when squeezing

Darkvsion

An astrazoan can see up to 60 feet in the dark.

Many Forms

For effects targeting people by type, Astrazoans count as both humanoids and aberrations.

Rapid Revival

Once per day, when an astrazoan takes a 10-minute rest to regain Stamina Points, they can additionally regain Hit Points as if they took a full nightís rest.

9. - Top - End - #9

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Trox if you wanna check it out
    Show
    Trox are massive, sturdy creatures with chitinous armor and a fearsome, mandibled countenance that belies their gentle spirits.

Three distinct, related creatures have been called trox.

The original trox were eight-legged arthropods. Spellcasters made four of the troxís eight legs into powerful limbs, shaped mandibles into scythes, and transformed chitin into layered armor plates that can flare in an intimidating display.

Many of these humanoid trox were then encased in shielded asteroids and ejected from orbit at magically enhanced speeds in myriad directions. The asteroids landed on several worlds in their home system. Duergar enslaved the trox that landed and twisted them into murderous beasts.

Although they were created as emissaries, trox also make great soldiers.

Trox often serve as spiritual guides and advisors to those curious about the goddess of diplomacy and peace, as well as protector of the weak, a role for which trox are also well equipped.

Trox travel more often to teach and protect others than to seek adventure. Despite their might, they prefer to use their imposing presence to defuse conflict before it starts.

Trox devoted to the goddess of diplomacy and peace wield hammers. To trox, these weapons are ancient symbols of constructive power, and are also useful for vanquishing threats to peace.

RACIAL TRAITS
    Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Str, +2 Con, Ė2 Dex

Hit Points: 8

Size and Type: Trox are Large monstrous humanoids with a space and reach of 10 feet.

Movement: Trox have a land speed of 40 feet and a burrow speed of 20 feet.

Senses: Trox have darkvision with a range of 60 feet.

Bulwark (Ex)

When a trox fights defensively or takes the total defense action, he can grant half the bonus to AC granted by that action to an adjacent ally.

Chitin: Trox chitin can help deflect effects, granting trox a +1 racial bonus to Reflex saves.

Frenzy (Ex)

Once per day when a significant enemy causes an ally to take Hit Point damage, a trox can fly into a frenzy, gaining a +2 racial bonus to melee attack rolls and a Ė2 penalty to AC for 1 minute.

Grappler (Ex)

Trox gain a +2 racial bonus to grapple combat maneuvers.

Spiritual Fervor: Trox gain a +2 racial bonus to Intimidate and Mysticism skill checks.

Vesitigal Arms (Ex)

A troxís four vestigial arms can be used to hold, draw, or put away items of negligible bulk, but not to make attacks, wield weapons, or use items.

Yea just throwing this out here as well lol.

Play types would have been

Astrazoan/hit and run soldier or Trox Guard soldier lol will keep digging into the books.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Core Races only please; that would be Android, Human, Kasathas, Lashunta (either Korasha or Damaya), Shirren, Vesk or Ysoki.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh well. No uplifted bear I guess.

I will write up a human operative when I get home from work.
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

12. - Top - End - #12

NecromancerGuy

Core Races only please; that would be Android, Human, Kasathas, Lashunta (either Korasha or Damaya), Shirren, Vesk or Ysoki.
    Alrighty human blitz soldier is being set up. I bought 2 guns a suit of armor and a battery lol. Have 5 credits left hopefully they give us free food and lodging? ;-;

13. - Top - End - #13

sorry this is later than I expected. I deleveled another character from a home game so it wasn't that difficult (although in my home game I had traded out sniper weapons proficiency for longarms because rifles look cool).

Spoiler: ...One eye. Who hung from the weirding tree.
    Show
    Knowledge is a blade in the hand of the wise. Then again, so's a knife.

Spoiler: Last Round
    Show
    The Tarpit was aptly named. It was probably the worst bar in the neighborhood and just like its namesake it seemed to collect the refuse of those with just enough money to spend just a bit too much on what they probably shouldn't be. For Major Atrus Locke (Verces 113th Voidborne Retired) it was the only place in a two block radius that served alcohol that wouldn't straight up kill a human. These Vesk preferred to drink something closer to jet fuel than he could manage. The pale luminescence of the strip of lights provided just enough light to not distract from the giant screen on the opposite wall that was blasting some surprisingly graphic images of the front lines with the Swarm. Atrus didn't have to be able to understand Vesk to get the grim picture. "...And as you can see the Swarm are nigh unstoppable! They've just crushed that line and are beginning to eat the wounded! Only the might of the Veskarium shall keep them at bay? Would you like to know more!?" Atrus did not. Atrus could speak Vesk perfectly.

Atrus *definitely* needed a new drink. He signaled the barkeep (the thinnest Vesk he'd ever seen, she looked more like a very tall gecko than an anthropomorphic dragon) to send him another round and slotted his credstick into the alcove at the bar. The barkeep ambled over with the bottle but stopped with a frown. Sliding the terminal to point towards the scruffy human where it displayed a blinking red sigil. "Sorry pinky, you're broke."

Atrus groaned and scratched at a stubbled cheek. "Bloody Stars, come on Svoma, one more for good times sake? I'll owe you." he flashed what he hoped was a winning smile at the much taller bartender and the bottle she carried.

Svoma shook her head, that odd side to side shuffle that made her look almost snake like. Svoma suffered from Pirran Phage, a type of Vesk autoimmune disorder. She didn't have the same sort of strength that most Vesk did and hobbled around behind the bar at the speed of a lethargic Dwarf. "That's what you say every week." she crossed her arms. "You're a mess Locke. Bad enough that the Swarm has the planet on lockdown, you don't need to drink yourself to death while you're at it."

"You know I'm good for it." Atrus raised his arms. "I always pay you back. I just can see what's coming." he stared at her pointedly. "See what coming? Yes you pay me back each week. And then each week you go right back into debt with us. I can't just float you an extra glass of whiskey every single week forever. Vercean Whiskey isn't che..." Svoma was cut off as the door to the bar was pushed open with a bang and three large soldiers in full armor with powered down Doshko's at the ready crunched in. Atrus gestured at the door with a wan smile. "Ah. Right on time." he muttered so that only the bartender could hear it. The lead soldier raised a heavy datapad and read off with the forced diction and voice of someone who'd rather be chewing a small mammal to death or indeed anything else.

"Pursuant to article seven of the SDF charter all able bodied Vesk are ordered to present themselves for mandatory service at enclave Gr'nes'tat. In additional all criminals, debtors and undesirables shall present themselves for service for the greater glory of the Veskarium!"

Atrus tapped the rim of his glass. "All debtors. One more for the road eh?" Svoma reached out to pour.

Spoiler: Background and Mechanics
    Show

Major Atrus Locke. Callsign "Wodin" Retired Verces Commando

Atrus was born on Verces in the pact worlds where he served for two years straight out of high school in the special forces. While possessing exemplary skills in infiltration and hand to hand combat Atrus was dishonorably discharged for drinking on the job. Since then he has served on several ships as a science officer. One such ship, a small tramp freighter "The Lucky Lad" disbanded its crew upon arrival at Suskillion when it came to light that the Captain owed a lot of money to a local crime family who made a point of taking everything that the Captain owned. And then crucifying and barbecuing him for good measure. Now without a job or a ship with which he can leave Atrus owns little more than the clothes on his back.

When the swarm attacked Atrus knew there was only one inevitable outcome. Outbound traffic would stop and eventually the Vesk would need anyone to help they could find. So, might as well enjoy himself while he can. Party's over now though and now its time for Wodin to go to work.
    All Hail Fun!
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks good Denomar! One thing, Suskillon is not a Vesk world ... Colonel Jaldamarrak is a retired Veskarium Soldier, who chose to retire on Suskillon and enrolled in the SDF in his twilight years. The fact that active duty in a non-Vesk Military is considered retirement, should tell you something about how harsh Veskarium Military life can be. He's probably pushing 80 ... which is old for a Vesk. However, there certainly *are* Vesk neighborhoods; as I enjoy, and encourage world building ... the Tarpit is a thing, and likely will have a role in the story at some point! Given your rank in the Voidborne, you are probably welcomed in the Vesk Military quarter ... a sign of their grudging respect.

Also, for those of you interested, here's some info on Suskillon.

Spoiler: Planetrary Information
    Show
    SUSKILLON
    Remote World of Industry and Farmland
    Diameter: ◊1; Mass: ◊1-1/4
    Gravity: ◊1
    Atmosphere: Normal
    Day: 26 hours; Year: 298 Days
    The fifth planet from its systemís sun, Suskillon features a diverse range of biomes and plentiful resources. Two major continents in opposing hemispheres, known as Alappu Major and Alappu Minor, make up the majority of the planetís land. Oceans account for the rest of the planetís surface, with thousands of basalt rocky island archipelagos speckled between the mainlands. The northern reaches of Alappu Major are a large semiarid desert, while the rest of the massive continent features plains, rolling hills, and mountain ranges.

The most notable geographical feature of Alappu Minor is a massive freshwater lake known as the Stone Sea, which surrounds a dormant volcano. The lake gets its name from the billions of pieces of pumice stone that float on its surface. Due to the tilt on Suskillonís axis and the ecliptic orbit it follows around its sun, every few years the planet experiences radical weather patterns. Known locally as ďDry SummersĒ and ďDead Winters,Ē these two seasons last a couple of extra months and present more extreme temperatures. The planet is home to a diverse ecosystem, from the scavenging Aluppan dart weasel to the deadly brush stalker. Much like grasses on other worlds, Suskillon trees have thick trunk-like stalks and inner cavities that collect rain water.

Sapient life evolved on Suskillon millennia ago and has long since adapted to the planetís unusual weather patterns. Humans make up the vast percentage of the population and have spread across the entirety of the planet. All are citizens of a worldwide democracy that was formed at some point during the Gap, with a governing body consisting of a president, a forum of magistrates that interpret major legal decisions, and regional governors who meet on a yearly basis to discuss policy. The seat of this government is in the capital city of Brinnoa on Alappu Major. The remainder of Suskillon is divided into a few large megaplex cities, agrarian farming regions, mining facilities, and the occasional spaceport.

Shortly after the Gap, several thousand members of the shirren race were welcomed on Suskillon during their flight from the Swarm, bringing the worship of Hylax with them to the region. While the rest of the shirren continued with their exodus, the immigrants who settled on Suskillon quickly integrated into the planetís society and have grown to make up about 18 percent of the current populace. In 87 ag, explorers from the Pact Worlds, directed by descendants of the shirrens who passed through that system, made peaceful contact with Suskillon. To this day they remain trading partners with strong diplomatic ties, and some citizens of the Pact Worlds and the Veskarium have since migrated to Suskillon (and vice versa). However, they have yet to enter a formal alliance.

Over the past 2 centuries, Suskillonís civilization has begun to expand further into the system, colonizing the systemís third planet Utraneus and setting up scientific research facilities on various moons. To combat the threats of pirates and other interstellar dangers, the once-terrestrial Suskillon Defense Force, or SDF, has since branched out into space. The SDFís Space Corps has been tasked with the responsibility of defending the planet and its outlying interests and is the most prestigious posting of Suskillonís military.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2019-10-02 at 04:25 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15

To be fair, that was written at three in the morning and I donít have the starfinder setting memorized.

The setup is predicated on the character being dishonourably discharged from the verses military. He wouldnít be allowed to join a Beek military because they would think he was a spy or an agent of a foreign power. But the swarm and accompanying desperation would change that.
    All Hail Fun!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Alright. I've decided to retool my solarian a bit to better fit with the party. Backstory will follow, bit busy tonight to write anything.

Sister Bright
    Characters in play:

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Hello everyone, I would like to express interest. :)
    DMing:
    The Hammer of the Barren Coast - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Axe of the Burning Desert - IC / OOC / Doc

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

So far I'm thinking of an engineer, or maybe a support class like Mystic, Technomancer, or Envoy. Also, are the original themes in the Attack of the Swarm campaign available or no.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Greetings and welcome you two! On reviewing the Themes, I would be willing to allow those two Themes, the Battle Field Medic & the Career Trooper. However, if you take Career Trooper, then you are likely a Suskillon native, and a member of the 5th. Though native doesn't necessarily mean human, any number of races have immigrated to the planet from the various fringes of the Vast.

20. - Top - End - #20

NecromancerGuy

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2024775

Sorry about the delay. Itís still not done need to finish backstory and figure out that res thingy. Other than that it should be ok?

Spoiler: Image Iím feeling lol
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

I generally encourage people to pick a theme, as it helps in coming up with a back story, personality, and occupation. If there's a military tradition, I'd suggest Mercenary, though, if the family is really well known a case could be made for Icon as well. And remember, your maximum skill ranks are equal to your level, so you've got two skills you could redistribute as you see fit.

Looking forward to the backstory.

22. - Top - End - #22

NecromancerGuy

I generally encourage people to pick a theme, as it helps in coming up with a back story, personality, and occupation. If there's a military tradition, I'd suggest Mercenary, though, if the family is really well known a case could be made for Icon as well. And remember, your maximum skill ranks are equal to your level, so you've got two skills you could redistribute as you see fit.

Looking forward to the backstory.
    I only saw limit themes and mercenaries didnít seem to fit with said backstory. Iím thinking his family have been serving the (blank) for a few hundred years.

Also I know about the suskillion planet but is there like a higher power weíre under? I would like to expand his family to at least cover say a star sector? Or like a Milky Way size for more familia prestige.

Iím thinking like their kinda a veteran family that treats each other well. Their very combat focused and all their members receive military training. Some that donít make their cut dive into combat medics. Or repair machine or engineers. Even if they canít be directly fighting the always live close to combat. (Mortality rate is probably 30-40% and some retire due to injuries.) I feel like they have a Viking kind of mentality. Thinking dying in battle is worth it if itís for the greater good of the empire? (Not sure what weíre under lol.)

So if you have details like if weíre under a republic or something let me know. Also I hope my vibe for the family Iím working on is acceptable?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, unfortunately Suskillon is an independent planet in the Vast, it has trade relations with the Pact Worlds, but has yet not joined the Pact, preferring to keep their independence. While I understand your concern re: Mercenary, and this is for all players, I am alright with re-fluffing an existing background to be something else. In my table top game, I have a Lashuntan Ambassador, who took the Icon theme, and refluffed it to Diplomat, and it still works, mechanically, as an Envoy. We have a Human Operative who took Outlaw, but refuluffed it to be a Covert Operative, again mechanically no different but it plays out different in RP, so something to think about there too.

If you want to stick, mechanically to Themeless though, I can get behind that, but if you are from a military family, I would think you should have a rank in Profession [Military], to represent a basic knowledge and understanding of military tactics, discipline and protocol, which would leave you with a 5th rank to put somewhere.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Hey I want to play some starfinder! I'm a little rusty since I've been exclusively playing pathfinder for the last two months but nonetheless I'd love to play some space opera xD

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Then take a look, dust off your books and see what you come up with! To make it easy I'm going with Core Rules only, but opened up Battle Medic & Career Trooper that appear in the AP we'll be playing through.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

26. - Top - End - #26

Chimera

How about a icon themed, mystic? Race will most likely be human or lashunta, I find amusing the idea of a celebrity in the middle of the battlefield.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Or you could be an embedded journalist!

No seriously a spoiled celebrity absolutely works! Lots of people got stuck on the planet, so a celebrity stuck behind the lines, who feels the screams of the dying due to their telepathic senses. I hope we could play it straight as they mature as a person from a self centered celebrity to the icon of a planet fighting against it's inevitable destruction.

I could work with it!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Curious where folks are at with their builds, if there are any questions in regards to the scenario or what have you?

I'd love to be able to have full builds by next Friday, so I can get selections done and we can jump into the trenches as the fight for Suskillon begins!!

29. - Top - End - #29

I am finished.
    All Hail Fun!

30. - Top - End - #30

Chimera

My PC is almost ready, I just have to buy her gear and post it .