The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Attack of the Swarm [Starfinder AP Recruiting up to 3 Players]

As am I. Here's a full write-up of Raínca. Edit: I may add some odds and ends here, and if the party is really lacking in certain skills I can shuffle those around a bit.

Spoiler: Sister Bright
    Show

May the Dawnflower brighten your day.
    Spoiler: Description and Personality
    Show
    Description
    Raínca looks as one would expect from a Lashunta. Unearthly beauty and grace, impeccable symmetry, facial tattoos. Actually, she has very few facial tattoos. She doesn't talk about that, really. She doesn't seem armored, though closer inspection reveals her to be wearing a skintight set of light armor. She keeps a laser rifle next to her backpack, and for a raw recruit she's a surprisingly good shot. While fighting her whole form seems to glow, with attacks occasionally striking a nearly imperceptable corona that envelops her, deflecting their blows.

Personality
    Raínca is a friendly person, though it takes a little while to get to know her. She's curious to a fault, and she's very quick to learn new skills. Her very radiant smile earned her the nickname "Sister Bright" and she seems quite fond of it, often introducing herself like that.

Spoiler: Friends and Enemies
    Show
    Friends
    • Sajael Kifua - A fellow resident of the House. Korasha Lashunta soldier.
    • Jnchovska - Another resident of the House. Recent arrival but quickly became friends with Raínca. Shirren mechanic.

Enemies
    • The Swarm. Duh.

Spoiler: The House of Firescale
    Show
    The House of Firescale calls to a specific kind of person. Devotees from all over the Vast - even some from the Veskarium and the Pact worlds - reside there, bringing holy texts and legends about the Dawnflower to this hard-to-reach monastery on an inhospitable planet. Founded by a Vesk priest of Sarenrae named Vuurschub, it was built by the man and his followers with their bare hands.

Raínca is such a specific kind of person. A student of xenobiology on one of Castrovel's most prestigious universities, she cut her academic life short when, while trying to find out the origins of life in the galaxy, she had a revelation. A revelation that led her here, to Suskillon, where she arrived a few years ago. The local abbot allowed her to study in the House under one condition: that she join the Civilian Defense Reserves. A small price to pay, as the reserves residing in the monastery were rarely called upon to do anything. They were never needed.

For several years she studied a variety of topics, ranging from astronomy to old and arcane secrets. It was during this time that she took up meditation, which led to her eventually developing solarian powers, something that few people outside the monks have been able to do. Through intens study and meditation she managed to awaken her powers, allowing her to call into being a sort of protective force in times of dire need.

The relative peace was shattered when the swarm attacked. Together with several others Raínca (by then known as Sister Bright to the monks) was sent to join up with the main force of the CDR. She's relatively new to this whole fighting thing, but she's confident, and she has her powers to aid her in whatever is to come.
    Last edited by BramsesII; 2019-10-04 at 05:49 PM.
    Characters in play:

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Prime View Post
    Curious where folks are at with their builds, if there are any questions in regards to the scenario or what have you?

I'd love to be able to have full builds by next Friday, so I can get selections done and we can jump into the trenches as the fight for Suskillon begins!!
    I’m thinking of a speed demon/blitzer. Like a souped up assault troop.

Also sorry for not getting much done been working a bit (construction since it’s getting colder gotta finish all the current bids ;-;)

Besides my backstory is everything else looking good?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

I've finished writing up a finished background for my character. Found an image I like, as well. It's on the sheet I posted upthread, but I'll repost here for convenience.

Spoiler: Image
    Show

Spoiler: Background
    Show

Katara was born on Vesk Prime, but has always had difficulties conforming to the rigid rules of Vesk society. Even as a youth she faced frequent challenges by other Vesk offended by her lack of tact, and was repeatedly disciplined. She enlisted in the Vesk military as soon as legally allowed, but for the most part found it no more tolerable. Large, strong and naturally gifted at fighting, Katara was only ever happy as a soldier when preparing for a battle, fighting a battle or celebrating a victory, and mustered out at the first opportunity before her behaviour could earn her any severe punishment (or, worse, a dishonorable discharge).

Not long after resigning as a soldier, Katara left the Veskarium for the Pact Worlds in the hope of finding work as a mercenary, and it didn't take long to do so. She earned her name shortly after signing up with a mercenary group, when she was able to break through the lines of an enemy formation, force her way into their armoury and detonate it, leaving little more than a smoking crater where the base previously existed. Katara eventually decided to set out on her own, contracting with the Suskillon Defence Force to assist in anti-piracy operations, helping to train the nascent organization's marine contingent in boarding operations, an area well within her field of expertise.

Following the Swarm invasion, Katara leapt at the chance to fight a genuine war, signing up with the Civilian Defense Reserves immediately. She gleefully anticipates the opportunity to crush some bugs, and fully appreciates the opportunity to show off her prowess in front of the genuine civilians in the force
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Here's my almost finished PC, only backstory is the only thing still pending x.x

Spoiler: Syri Isynwind
    Show

Spoiler: Basic
    Show

•Name: Syri Isynwind.

•Homeworld: Absalon.

•Race: Human.

•Theme: Icon.

•Class: Mystic.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

•Ability Scores:

Strength: 10

Dexterity: 16

Constitution: 10

Intelligence: 10

Wisdom: 16

Charisma: 11

•Stamina: 6/6

•HP: 10/10

•Resolve: 4

•Armor: Second Skin.
    KAC: 15
    EAC: 14

•Initiative: +7

•BAB: +0

•Size: Medium.

•Speed: 30ft.

•Saves:
    Fortitude: +0
    Reflex: +3
    Will: +5

•Attacks:
    Hunting Rifle: +3 1d8 P, 90ft range, 6 Rounds.
    Knife, survival: +3 1d4 S, Analog, Operative.

Spoiler: Skills
    Show

Acrobatics +4, Culture +5, Diplomacy +4, Mysticism +7, Perception +7, Piloting +7, Sense motive +7.

Spoiler: Abilities
    Show

Bonus Feat
    Skilled
    Theme Knowledge (Icon)
    Spells
    Connection (Star Shaman)
    Connection Power
    Connection Spells
    Healing Touch

Spoiler: Feats
    Show

Level 1: Longarm Proficiency.

Bonus: Improved Initative.

Spoiler: Spells
    Show

•Level 0: At will, DC 13
    Daze
    Stabilize
    Psychokinetic Hand
    Token Spell

•Level 1: 3/Day, DC 14
    Mind Thrust
    Mystic Cure
    Shooting Stars (Magic Missile)

Spoiler: Equipment
    Show

Second Skin, Light Armor (250)
    Knife, Survival (95)
    Hunting Rifle (240)
    Hygiene Kit (3)
    Professional Clothes (5)
    R2E x10 (10)
    Field Ration x2 (2)
    Comm. Unit, Personal (7)
    Flashlight (1)
    Healing Serum MK1 x2 (100)
    Rounds, Longarm (25 Cartridges) (75)
    Infrared Sensors Upgrade (Instaled on Second Skin) (200)
    12 Credits left.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

That's a great character concept. If we ever find ourselves in a starship we'll also have a pilot.

It might be helpful to make a sheet on mythweavers though, make it easier for the gm to check your characters details and such.
    Characters in play:

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright folks, unless I get more popping in expressing interest, it looks like we have our crew;

A couple things I want to mention on a case by case basis;

Spoiler: Katara Questions
    Show
    Solid build, however, I am concerned it is a little one dimensional, so lets explore some things she cares about outside of soldiering, or blowing things up. You mention a loud booming laugh, what makes you laugh, what do you find humorous? You also mention a personal code of honor, what is it, who instilled it in you, and why did you respect them enough to adopt it as your own? And finally, in the six months of fighting that have occurred prior to the start of our AP, what have you lost, or what has been destroyed that you most regret? This could be a person, lover, family member, etc, try to steer clear of comrades in arms though, or it could be a location, a garden, library, orphanage. What did you lose, and why did it affect you so deeply?

Spoiler: Atrus Locke Questions
    Show
    Not alot of questions for Atrus, very solid build, interesting background. Only question I had was, what has Atrus been doing since the crew of the Lady Luck disbanded? It's likely that you've been on planet for a year or so, so in the months preceding the Swarm's invasion, how did Atrus make ends meet to cover basic necessities, apartment, food, stuff like that. Have you made any enemies on planet? What did you do about said organization executing the captain of Lady Luck?

Spoiler: Ranica Nari Questions
    Show
    How devout is Ranica? How does she feel about other religions, or faiths? The House of Saraenrae currently shelters you, however, the worship of Hyrax is fairly common among a significant portion of the Suskillon Shirrens, how does Ranica feel about their worship? Is she married, single? Does she have a husband, wife, or prospects?

Spoiler: Valiant Larkison Questions
    Show
    At first I was concerned with the fact you took Themeless rather than Mercenary or something that would designate a long military tradition in your family. However, on reviewing your sheet, I note your age is 17, so that's interesting. Your character, your family are native to Suskillon, but you haven't even graduated Military Academy yet. Why not? Did you drop out to join the Civilian Defense Force in an effort to earn the respect of your family? What is your relation with your parents? Siblings? Rivalries? Have you lost any family to the invasion? If you have, how does that make you feel?

Spoiler: Syri Isynwind Questions
    Show
    Not alot I can ask without a Background, however, please let consider what kind of Icon you wish to be. You could go journalist, reporter, or you could go entertainer, celebrity. Let's start with that, more questions once I see what you come up with.

Looking forward to seeing your answers folks! And if you have any questions for me let me know!
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2019-10-06 at 06:58 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Is it to late to join? Me and another wish to join (I want to play an android)

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm only looking for three more, as Daedalus & Bramses have guaranteed spots because they stuck with me through another recruitment that stalled ...

However, if you and your friend wish to submit characters you will make my selection process more difficult, but I would be glad to take a look! If you review my questions above, you will get the idea of what I am looking for. Yes, the AP takes place fighting against near impossible odds, but I am looking for people with motivations, a sense of loss, or fighting for something, a connection to the setting, and to the world you are going to be risking your life to defend.

As I stated earlier, I will give until the end of the coming week, Friday October 11th for final selections.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

10. - Top - End - #40

NecromancerGuy

Alright folks, unless I get more popping in expressing interest, it looks like we have our crew;

A couple things I want to mention on a case by case basis;

Show
    Solid build, however, I am concerned it is a little one dimensional, so lets explore some things she cares about outside of soldiering, or blowing things up. You mention a loud booming laugh, what makes you laugh, what do you find humorous? You also mention a personal code of honor, what is it, who instilled it in you, and why did you respect them enough to adopt it as your own? And finally, in the six months of fighting that have occurred prior to the start of our AP, what have you lost, or what has been destroyed that you most regret? This could be a person, lover, family member, etc, try to steer clear of comrades in arms though, or it could be a location, a garden, library, orphanage. What did you lose, and why did it affect you so deeply?

Spoiler: Atrus Locke Questions
    Show
    Not alot of questions for Atrus, very solid build, interesting background. Only question I had was, what has Atrus been doing since the crew of the Lady Luck disbanded? It's likely that you've been on planet for a year or so, so in the months preceding the Swarm's invasion, how did Atrus make ends meet to cover basic necessities, apartment, food, stuff like that. Have you made any enemies on planet? What did you do about said organization executing the captain of Lady Luck?

Show
    How devout is Ranica? How does she feel about other religions, or faiths? The House of Saraenrae currently shelters you, however, the worship of Hyrax is fairly common among a significant portion of the Suskillon Shirrens, how does Ranica feel about their worship? Is she married, single? Does she have a husband, wife, or prospects?

Spoiler: Valiant Larkison Questions
    Show
    At first I was concerned with the fact you took Themeless rather than Mercenary or something that would designate a long military tradition in your family. However, on reviewing your sheet, I note your age is 17, so that's interesting. Your character, your family are native to Suskillon, but you haven't even graduated Military Academy yet. Why not? Did you drop out to join the Civilian Defense Force in an effort to earn the respect of your family? What is your relation with your parents? Siblings? Rivalries? Have you lost any family to the invasion? If you have, how does that make you feel?

Spoiler: Syri Isynwind Questions
    Show
    Not alot I can ask without a Background, however, please let consider what kind of Icon you wish to be. You could go journalist, reporter, or you could go entertainer, celebrity. Let's start with that, more questions once I see what you come up with.

Looking forward to seeing your answers folks! And if you have any questions for me let me know!
    He joined the defense force since most of his family were fighting. He felt ashamed that they were losing there lives to a threat he could help fight. His father was a distinguished soldier that lost his life in one of the early attacks. His mother was at home raising his little sister.

He has lost a lot of his relatives fighting against the swarm the Larkison’s are a close nit family. As long as you take up the name Larkison they treated you like you are there own. For every Larkison killed a debt of 100 enemies is required to make amends. Valiant adored his father and families accomplishments are felt pride being named after their distant great grandfathers (The one who lead the first fights ever of the CDF like 400-500hundred years give or take.) Since he was small he has always strived to live up to both his given and family name. Trying to prove himself. (As why he joined early.)

Some basic Larkison info
    (1) Very prideful of their family.
    (2) All the family members have military history. Being if you married into their family they would only approve of the spouse if they had some military history.
    (3) Generally the 100 enemies per Larkison is taken by the next generation either son or daughter. But if they died without children it’s taken up by their siblings children.
    (4) They follow their traditions seriously and heavily. The CDF doesn’t harbor any doubts or suspicion to the Larkison family. Because there straight foward and have always been loyal to the CDF.
    (5) They train a lot and follows orders to the letter unless it’s impossible.

Requesting a -5 to bluff sense motive. (Would be cool to have a Diplomacy buff but I’ll leave it up to you lol.)

Edit For themeless it’s because the other themes I saw didn’t fit into his build. Aiming to become a veteran soldier with a distinguished history. Mercenaries don’t fit into the Larkison’s family line. There loyal to a cause and don’t follow the standard merc type.
    Last edited by ~Siegfried~; 2019-10-07 at 02:55 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Show
    Raínca's likely to be fairly devout, as you don't go travelling to some remote monastery on a planet in another star systemto study if you're not a serious believer. That should probably go for most of the people from the Pact Worlds or the Veskarium studying there. As for the worship of Hyrax (isn't that supposed to be Hylax?), Raínca is likely to be friendly to them, but probably not friends with any of them. As they're both good deities their followers should get along, and there's even quite some worship of Hylax going on under the formians of her home planet. It's mostly a Shirren affair though, so Raínca is unlikely to feel very strongly about them.

As for her relationship status, I'd imagine she's probably single at the moment. She may have had a fling or two back on Castrovel, and maybe even one or two in the monastery, but she's probably too busy studying to get involved with anyone at the moment. Sooo, single, with no prospects. She doesn't really have a plan on what to do once she's finished here either.
    Characters in play:

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

Spoiler: Answers
    Show
    Katara has a fairly diverse sense of humour. She enjoys most jokes, although her own are occasionally incomprehensible to others who don't have her slightly terrifying view of the galaxy. She finds a lot of humour in mundane situations; she'll laugh at people wearing clothing she considers silly, someone struggling to reach something on a tall shelf or a security perimeter with an obvious gap in it at a military facility. It doesn't bother her if other people find this inappropriate, and she's just as likely to laugh at someone telling her to stop... Unless they really try to force her, in which case she tends to get genuinely annoyed.

Katara never intentionally lies without very good reason, refrains from harming non-combatants or surrendered enemies if at all Veskly possible, and always sticks to the terms of her contracts (and her promises) unless another party betrays her first or it proves impossible to do so, in which case she'll do what she can to get herself and any non-treacherous associates out of the situation as best she can. No specific person instilled these beliefs in her; they're mostly the parts of Vesk society that she appreciated and was able to willingly follow, and as such they're habits she's been practicing since she was very young. She tends to get along better with Vesk who keep to similar codes of honour, and worse with Vesk who neglect personal honour and insist on dogmatic following of rules.

Hmm... I think the third one needs to be answered IC.
    "I was part of a volunteer force defending some small, insignificant town. I don't remember what it was called. There was a school there, full of children, mostly Humans but some Shirren as well. It was supposed to be evacuated, but the Swarm outflanked the evacuation route and cut everything off. I told the children I would protect them, and I did... Mostly. I was able to hold my position against the Swarm drones that made it past the defensive position, but... There was some sort of Swarm spellcaster, a big bug, one of the other volunteers called it a 'psion', whatever that means. It took a whole platoon to bring the thing down, and we lost a few soldiers doing it. Brave troops, good deaths.

... The Shirren kids, though, were apparently more vulnerable to whatever magic the big bug was using to attack us. The humans were a bit shaken up, but okay. The Shirren... Didn't survive. Something happened to their minds. I lost my rifle in that fight, but I would have rather died in that battle myself than go back into the room and find... That. I'll see the Swarm wiped off the face of this planet for those Shirren kids. It's the only way to recover the honour I lost that day."

That work for you?
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: Atrus's answers.
    Show
    Previous to his arrival and after his discharge from the military on Verces Atrus was working as a ship's science officer and medic. When Atrus arrived planet side on the Lucky Lad and it became apparent that having anything to do with the rest of the crew was basically a death sentence he did what he could to extract a few of the more well balanced members of the crew using his exfiltration expertise.

The previous captain paid alright, but had a terrible taste in Lashuntan cigars and frankly Atrus thinks he's an idiot for becoming so thoroughly indebted to a Vesk Crime Boss.

The biggest boon he has is that due to his cybernetic vocal implant no one in said Vesk gang ever heard him speak with his real voice so ever since and in the months leading up to the invasion Atrus has been working as a nurse in a rundown hospital that will take people with distressingly little evidence of prior medical training. This is part of the reason he spent a good deal of time during those months drowing his sorrows and stress at the local pub.

As for enemies. The unnamed Vesk Crime Boss doesn't precisely *hate* Atrus. It's just a matter of business that he'd want him dead just because no one can be known to have escaped his wrath from a professional perspective.

Personally though. The engineer of the Lucky Lad (whom Atrus saved and set up in a scrap yard as a technician) is a bit sour that Atrus didn't do more to save the captain. Atrus isn't as big on loyalty if it comes to Cold Calculus so to speak.
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Alright guys, time to meet the cool kid in school, I present the teenage Android Light two three. https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2030764
    A young android teenager (in his mind) Light two three has always been confused about his past. He remembers being born (woken) but always had something troubling him in the back of his mind. His body was one that was strong , and he began to train with his 'mother' . His 'father' had recently left Light two three's body with his soul and in came Light two three, in less then a week his 'mother' had followed his 'father' bringing about Android procreation, however in less then a day his sister/brother had left him to fend for himself. With little life skills , armed with a sword and heavy armor light two three set off from his respected home world (he does not even remember what world or how to get back) and ended up on a Pirate Crew with Rex Manchester, after befriending the mechanic they had a fun successful little stint with their crew. After the most recent job went well, they were attacked by the 'law' , although they got away they were both told to lay low as some bounty hunters had caught the scent of the pirate crew. Rex and Light two three both ended up in the military in service of the suskillion defense force. Now with the invasion of the bugs, the confused young android with the weird past can do nothing else but hold. Hold the line he will, figuring out who he is after the bugs taste his sword. 'WE HOLD'

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Hello, I'm Soramus friend. We been playing games together for awhile now and are looking to join a new group for adventures.

Rex Manchester, Human Mechanic ww.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2029248 (cuz i just created this account doesn't let me post links? Gah)

Background:
    Rex Manchester was born in space and raised on pirate ships and space stations. He has only visited two planets in his lifetime. He never lived on either of them. In fact, to him planet life is too confining. He loves the vastness of the open space and looking out his cabin window at the countless stars. Rex is very intelligent, and this caused many good and bad things for him growing up. It was because of this he was bullied by other kids as a young child. He didn’t let that stop him from learning. He loved reading science and electronic books and as he grew older took an interest in engineering. In fact, he was the youngest ever to be taken on as an apprentice with the engineering crew aboard a pirate ship.

Despite this, he is still eager to learn more. He has spent most of his free time continuing to study and learn. Some may even say he is addicted to learning, and he doesn’t disagree. His mind is a sponge and he learns new things quickly and at times can even create a solution to a problem in a way no one else ever has. One day he hopes to be running the engineering crew on a large ship that is exploring the galaxy.

Rex has recently befriended an android by the name of Light Two-Three, Rex just calls him Light.

Light and Rex ended up joining the Suskillion Defense Force after their last crew, a pirate crew suffered great lost at a recent battle with bounty hunters. With the lost of their ship captain many of the crew scattered off on their own to avoid capture.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Updated list of applicants;

At this point I doubt we will be receiving new submissions, so I will be making final selections by Friday and have an opening IC post later that evening or Saturday morning.

17. - Top - End - #47

NecromancerGuy

Can someone explain this part to me? They worded it weird

Every 5 levels, you get to increase and customize your character’s ability scores. Each time he reaches one of these level thresholds (5th, 10th, 15th, and Table: Character Advancement), choose four of his ability scores to increase. If a chosen score is 17 or higher (excluding ability increases from personal upgrades, it increases permanently by 1. If it’s 16 or lower, it increases by 2. You can’t apply more than one of these increases to the same ability score for a given level. Unlike during character creation, ability score increases gained from leveling up can push your character’s ability scores above 18.

So I can increase for stats str dex con int 1-2 points every 5 levels? Just seems a tad much lol

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ~Siegfried~ View Post
    Can someone explain this part to me? They worded it weird

Every 5 levels, you get to increase and customize your character’s ability scores. Each time he reaches one of these level thresholds (5th, 10th, 15th, and Table: Character Advancement), choose four of his ability scores to increase. If a chosen score is 17 or higher (excluding ability increases from personal upgrades, it increases permanently by 1. If it’s 16 or lower, it increases by 2. You can’t apply more than one of these increases to the same ability score for a given level. Unlike during character creation, ability score increases gained from leveling up can push your character’s ability scores above 18.

So I can increase for stats str dex con int 1-2 points every 5 levels? Just seems a tad much lol
    Yes those are the rules, they actually kept the same rules for stat boosting for Pathfinder 2nd Edition as well.

19. - Top - End - #49

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Soramus View Post
    Yes those are the rules, they actually kept the same rules for stat boosting for Pathfinder 2nd Edition as well.
    Ah that’s a pretty decent chunk then

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

It helps account for the lack of items, you won't find any +1 Azimoth Laser Rifle for example. As item level increases, so does base damage and special properties, but base bonuses to hit are your Dexterity, or relevant stat, plus your BAB, the are fewer abilities and feats that give flat Attack bonuses. That's why the Enoy's Get 'em ability is a huge damage increase for the group.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Bugbear in the Playground

In addition you can only ever have three plus stat items. And they all have to be a different value ie +2, +4, +6. There are no other stat modifying gear other than power Armor and power Armor and magic don’t stack.

As a result everyone’s stats tend to stay a bit more even than they could in pathfinder.
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Allow me a moment to commend all those who submitted a completed character on your submissions, they all had some compelling hooks, and interesting concepts. I was nearly tempted to select all my applicants. However, the AP is actually geared to a smaller group, and having recently inherited a Pathfinder game here on the boards, I didn't wish to have to go through each encounter and tweak it's difficulty so as to present a larger group with the appropriate challenge.

As such, our core group is as follows;

Thank you for your time, effort, and patience during submissions.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Congrats to those who get to play.

24. - Top - End - #54

NecromancerGuy

Allow me a moment to commend all those who submitted a completed character on your submissions, they all had some compelling hooks, and interesting concepts. I was nearly tempted to select all my applicants. However, the AP is actually geared to a smaller group, and having recently inherited a Pathfinder game here on the boards, I didn't wish to have to go through each encounter and tweak it's difficulty so as to present a larger group with the appropriate challenge.

As such, our core group is as follows;

Thank you for your time, effort, and patience during submissions.
    Nice. As a heads up for people who can’t read my invisible pm’s to the gm’s im more of a sharpshooter now :o welp sharpshooter/mini assault in the future more towards sharpyshooter

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soramus View Post
    Congrats to those who get to play.
    My apologies for those who didn't make it in, like I said, at one point I was tempted to run with everyone, I just don't have the time to commit to an undertaking of that size. That being said, I am glad to keep folks in mind as replacements should a position open up due to player inactivity.

Also, for those who have been selected, please follow the large Vesk over to that tent there to fill out your registration!

OOC thread is located here. Please post your character, and then wait for OOC chatter until all four characters have been posted.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Good morning folks, thought I'd announce it here, but my Attack of the Swarm series has had a player absent for over a week now, so I am looking for one or two replacements. The OOC & IC threads are located here if you want to review before creating your submission: Attack of the Swarm; OOC & Attack of the Swarm; Episode #1.

Now, that being said, current group composition is as follows; Vesk Soldier (Bombard), Lashuntan Solarion (Armor Manifestation), and Human Operative (Ghost), our absent player is a Human Soldier (Sharpshooter).

Mechanically, I am looking for classes that are NOT already represented, so Envoy, Mechanic, Mystic, Technomancer ... there are certain skill holes the team currently has that successful applicants would be wise to fill. Bluff, Culture, Diplomacy, Intimidation, Perception, Sense Motive, Survival ... and honestly Atrus, our Operative, is filling alot of holes given his skill spread, so someone who could back up Computers, Engineering, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences would be useful as well.

However, given the current going ons in the game, I am looking for concepts that are Civilian in nature, survivors of the first brutal onslaught of the Swarm. Perhaps, a surviving Starship Pilot, given the fact that the 1st Battalion just got slaughtered in an orbital bombardment, but other than that, try to keep your backgrounds civilian that the current players could reasonably run across and bring with them going forward. Also, the Outlaw background could also work as criminals were given clear pardon's for helping out, so if you wanted to be a gang member, crime family enforcer, something along those lines, the ability to earn a pardon based on assisting the SDF is highly likely.

And finally, successful applicants will also provide some ties to Suskillon, and have a few NPC's included in their backstory that I could use as hooks for subplots with your character. A Shirren would be very interesting, but I'll leave that to you folks.

Interested in seeing what folks come up with.

27. - Top - End - #57

Default Re: Attack of the Swarm [Starfinder AP Recruiting up to 2 Players]

Two replacements for me next person? Wow they must have been bomb lol. Marking for future reference. I'll look into the details later today.
    ~Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the Illya Avatar!~

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

So, my heart says Icon Envoy who was doing a show to promote Independent Suskillon when the Swarm hit.

I don't see any kind of 16, so I assume it's bog-standard Starfinder level 1s?
    Last edited by Rokku; 2019-11-01 at 04:15 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Yup, core only please. When making a character please try to include some connections to various organizations or NPC's on planet. People you care about.

Hell you could be a local media news host too, wouldn't have to be from off world.

Anyways look forward to seeing what you come up with!

30. - Top - End - #60

You still looking?
    ~Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the Illya Avatar!~