New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Redwall: the Third Intermediate Period IC [5e]

"What? No!" Melan called down with a quiver in his voice. "Lulu's just a mouse living here. She went out to the river this morning and hasn't come back." He paused for half a minute or so, scanning the horizon to no avail, since it was dark out. "Oh! Right, you need to come in side. Apologies," He skittered off to who knows where, and minutes later the portcullis rose.

The inside of St. Bracken's is mostly taken up by a handful of log cabins where civilians live, and the church itself is where the boys from Redwall sleep and work. Melan presents himself, coming down some stairs and out of the church. He wears the standard brown robes, but with a yellow twine belt. "So... What is it?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Brix

"We bring word that an army is assembling to march on Redwall and its allies."
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

If this intense walking wore Ramiro down, he won't show it.
    "A great danger. Indeed. Expect the best, but assume the worst." his voice echo from helmet.
    "About the mouse maiden... it is late. Is this regualr behavior to sleep outside?" his voice is flat, but there is a hint of worry
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

"no, it isn't normal. Her mother went out with her, and looked everywhere, but apparently she just disappeared like that he snaps his fingers, which comes out muffled "She said she thought she saw something out in the fields, moving around. Something big, like a badger or wearet, but bigger than that. She couldn't see it properly, just the black fur on his back. Now, none of us here are really warriors, especially not me, so we didn't go; If you want to talk to Agnes, she's in the furthest southeast house." he scans over you all."But you look tired. You'd better get well rested, I'll fix up some rooms for you all- I think two were still free, last I saw. Hopefully, we can get this business you're warning of done by noontime tomorrow so we can go searching for Lulu. I'll bring your message to brother Perry. You'll know him when you see him- he's the otter wearing the hat."
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

"No! This maiden might be in peril at this very moment! I have sworn to defend the innocents! How can I rest, knowing this Maiden is in grave danger?!" Ramiro echo angerly.

------
    My previouse Avater

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

"look, if you thought you can find her in the dead of night before getting exhausted and found by that dark thing, I wouldn't suggest it, friend mouse."
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2019-10-18 at 09:15 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

"...I won't do this alone. Am I right, my brave allies?'

------
    My previouse Avater

8. - Top - End - #68
    Colossus in the Playground

I... Nala says, hesitating. I'd only slow you down. The march has me too tired to work well. I want to help, but I'd only be a liability.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

"We can see in the morning who's able. But everyone is tired and asleep. Brother Perry is decent with a blade, and often scolds us when we do it wrong, haha." Melan scratches the back of his head with a sarcastic smile.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2019-10-18 at 11:51 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Quincy agrees with the others. Even if he wasn't as tired as some of his companions, he was starting to feel the weight of the long day. "It'll be dark until sunrise, and trying to track a wayward young'un without an idea of where she went will be a proper search for the needle in a haystack. We'll be better rested and have sharper eyes if we catch two or three winks."
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Ramiro look back, seems to be actually eager for searching a needle.
    But his skills are mostly martial. Without help, he might get lost himself as much as he hate to admit it.
    He say nothing, ashamed of his incompetence, and bow his head.

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Brix

Brix is torn between the desire to go out and find the lost one and the need to get some rest.

"I am not familiar with the area, going out to search at night in our current condition is a good way to get ourselves lost."
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

You are all led to rooms, and you go to bed. Some of you may have been haunted by dreams of the impending rat armies, of the missing girl, of the people of St. Bracken's. Among them, maybe even a dream of Martin, his visage vivid in your mind, fading away without a word as you come awake.

The sun comes through the windows that faced east, illuminating the small chambers. Much like most of the church, it's drab, but well kept, for the most part. A small family of brightly colored beetles creeps around from room to room, as if greeting the newly awakened or finding a place to hide from them.

Those of you raring to go, you come down to the center of the compound alongside the mice, squirrels, and hares of the church. You can see Melan near the front of the crowd. The civilians watch from the corner of the housing area, and comforted by a few is one mouse who can be assumed to be Agnes, Lulu's mother.

An old mouse steps forward to the front of the group and turns. He has small spectacles and whiskers that fall limply long past his shoulders. He rolls down a scroll in his hands and begins to read:

"Good morning, goodbeasts of St. Bracken's Church." The beasts in the crowds applaud. "A report was brought in last night that an army marches from the south. This has not been uncommon in the history of mossflower country as a whole, but it is a first for the Church and unexpected considering prior knowledge. The walls must be manned and weapons must be readied to prevent a siege from being pushed." the brothers-in-training murmur, and are silenced to continue listening. "As most of you may know, Lulu, one of the civilian mice living here, went missing after a trip to collect herbs and fish from the river. The area will be dangerous for some time, and if Lulu is anywhere out there, she must be found and saved. Any leftovers from manning the walls will go and survey the area with help from others who know the area and those who can handle unexpected situations." More murmuring.

The mouse hands the scroll off to a squirrel, who talks at length about the harvest's quality, which appears to be good enough if a siege is coming, but recent reports suggest the same can't be said of St. Rose's Church.

Finally, he hands off the scroll to an otter, who wears a wide brimmed hat. One eye glimmers with what little sunlight peeks through, and the other seems to have been poked out, and rather than the brown robes a brother of the abbey might wear, he wears a green tunic and a belt that holds a curved blade. He addresses the brothers-in-training, standing a good foot or more higher than all of them: "All right! Times are dark, so we must pierce the dark, whether by bolt, sword, pitchfork or sewing needle, until the darkness is repelled!" he paces back and forth, his head always facing the brothers."But we will need help. I have heard that we have allowed some Abbey goodbeasts in today, who brought the first news item for the day. Will those goodbeasts step forward?"

14. - Top - End - #74

Nala steps forward, a little unsure as to what to say. She's not good with formal settings, though she's happy to talk at length in more informal ones. Um, hi! she says. I am Nala of Redwall. And, um... I'll let the others introduce themselves too, she adds.

While she talks, she looks over to Agnes, seeing how the mother is doing. Taking a deep breath, she addresses Agnes directly. And, ma'am? Ms. Agnes? We will find your daughter. I promise.

Show
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Quincy is impressed by the otter's rousing speech. The elder mouse might be in charge, but the otter was a born leader. The hare steps up alongside Nala before giving a smart salute. "Quincy Heathshaw, fighting hare of the Long Patrol, at your service, SAH!"
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Brix

"Brix of the north-lands."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Agnes silently nods to Nala's words.

"Well said!" the otter, presumably Brother Perry as Melan had described him, barked as he paced past Quincy.

He simply nods to Brix.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

"I am Sir. Ramiro. Fighting for justice in the name of Martin The Warrior.' Ramiro's helmet echo, and he give a slight bow.

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

"Good, good," the otter bellowed, pacing in front of you four. "I will accompany you on this mission," he hands the scroll back to the brother mouse. "As well as a few of the other brothers. The bell will be rung when the enemy forces are spotted. We will leave immediately, as time is of the essence, and we cannot guarantee the ability to leave when the rats are surrounding the church."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

"Very well. But what about the lost mouse maiden?" Ramiro echo with concern.

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Brix

"Yes, where should we start the search?"

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

"You misunderstand, knight mouse," the otter bellowed, tipping his hat. "Our mission is specifically to find this young mouse. And as for where," he turned to Brix, "I will lead you there myself. But, do you feel rested? It is less than half a day's travel at a full speed. The fact of the matter is however long it takes an exhausted warrior isn't much use. Of course we can rest, but Lulu is in danger. If you wish to leave those of you exhausted behind to come back as reinforcements, that will be fine. The more goodbeasts on the wall, the worse it'll be for the evil ones."

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

"I AM prepared.' Ramiro echoed with even more setoic tone the usual.
    "I won't forgive myself, if something ill has accured to this maiden."

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Brother Perry leads Quincy, Ramiro, and 4 brothers-in-training, each armed with a short blade, out of the north gate. The otter, with his large stature, keeps the pace quick as he marches along. The brothers struggle to keep up as he does so. Eventually, you reach the river, where the water rolls past sun dappled flat rocks and white flowers. A bush nearby, covered in green berries, rustles in the fall wind. Across the river there are a few clumps of apple trees, one further west than the rest, and a collection of large rocks peek up out of the water, making a crossing. There is a hill overlooking the northernmost patch of trees "Fan out and search," Brother Perry ordered.

Spoiler: Perception Check DC 14
    Show
    You see something rustling in each of the patches of trees. It has a dark shape, similar to how Melan said Agnes described it.

Meanwhile, back at St. Bracken's, several carts come into view, with 4 dark shapes gliding above them. Upon inspection through a telescope or other object capable of zooming in eyesight, Nala and Brix see a total of eight wooden wagons, pulled by horses, and above them, sixteen ravens, each armed with naught but beak and claw. Each wagon has around twenty rats; some armored, some not, some big, some small.

Melan points out a few things you could do: Prepare rations in the kitchen, man the walls, protect the civilians in the case of a breakthrough, continue resting, or any number of other things worth your time.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2019-10-27 at 11:23 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Sir. Ramiro as knight of Martin The Warrior, live to protect. He walk to be there as first line of defence for the citizens.
    "In the name of Martin The Warrior I shall defend you with all of my might!" his helmet echoed.

------
    My previouse Avater

26. - Top - End - #86

Nala grimaces. If we hadn't forced our march, I wouldn't be so tired. If we hadn't forced our march, I wouldn't be here now, though. Argh! she lets out, frustrated at the situation. She turns to Melan, saying I'm sorry-I'm just frustrated. I'll try to rest, but where is a breakthrough most likely? I'll be there-and if we're wrong and they break through somewhere else, I'll be there as soon I can.

Show
    Show

Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Quincy spreads out and does his best to search for any signs of the missing mouse-maiden.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Brix

Sets up a watch to keep an eye on the enemy then lays out bedroll near the front gate and continues resting.

"Wake me if they approach or try anything."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

"The south wall'll be where they're attacking with the most force," Melan said, hefting a pitchfork from a pile and handing it to another brother-in-training. "The civilians will be hiding in their homes. If you want to stay with one of them, or keep an eye out for if they make a push through, you can do that, I guess. Er, Agnes will be alone. So perhaps stay with her if you're going to be?"

OOC: People out on the search, roll initiative.
    Spoiler: Initiative for your allies
    Show
    Brother Perry got a 22, and the brothers in training got 13.

The goodbeasts spread out, checking the area. They mostly stick together as they check each inch of the riverside for signs, while one meanders across the river and looks upon the trees. Perry draws his sword, which glistens along the curve as and gets ready.

Ramiro stands watch and Quincy also spreads out and take a look around.

*Ramiro has advantage on perception checks as he watches over the scene.

Spoiler: Perception DC 13
    Show
    There are tracks, similar to those of a badger's, but smaller and shorter. Some of the mud is depressed as well, suggesting a struggle. How it went unheard by Agnes, however, is beyond you.

Spoiler: Perception DC 16
    Show
    You can see something moving in each of the trees, a dark shape as Agnes had described. It crawls on a branch, close to the main body of the tree, ready to pounce on the brother who crossed the river.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Ramiro pull a javelin. "Watch out!" He echo from the helmet and thrown the javelin toward the crawling character.

Spoiler: rollz
    Show

Attack
    (1d20)[1](1)+6

Damage
    (1d6)[5](5)+4

------
    My previouse Avater