New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Redwall: the Third Intermediate Period IC [5e]

The javelin slams into the tree with a thunk, causing the brother in training who approached the tree to stumble back, as does the creature in the tree.

It falls with a thump. At first it looks the colors of a badger, gray black with white markings. Orangish stripes, however, mark its droopy tail as it hisses through sharp fangs. It wears a brown vest without buttons, and at its waist, a small knife. It is a creature you have never seen before, indicative of why Agnes wasn't able to identify it.

Dazed, it starts to draw its knife but Perry takes initiative, swimming through the stream quickly and putting himself between the beast and the brother in training. He swings once with his blade, slicing across its chest, and another swing is met by some precise knifework from the small blade. Surprisingly, it's able to match the otter even though it stands about the height of a mouse or squirrel.

The other creatures drop from the trees, shouting "Yahhhh!" as they charge. They look similar, have the same weapons, and charge without a second thought. Two drop from the middle trees, and three drop from the southernmost.

Spoiler: Positions
    Show
    Perry and the first one are by the northernmost trees, where Quincy can reach.
    Three charge across the river but can't reach Ramiro, and two go to back up their man fighting Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Quincy charges forward, shouting the Long Patrol battlecry as his hands grab the spear from his back. "EULALIAAAAAA!" He rushes to Perry's side, following his first attack with a smart kick, planting his spear in the ground as a brace to hopefully bring the strange assailant down quickly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spear Attack; (1d20+4)[6] for (1d8+2)[6] damage
    Bonus Action Unarmed Strike; (1d20+4)[7] for (1d4+2)[3]
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Two attacks, two misses, even with the flank (+1) from Perry. The assailant dodges nimbly and parries.

The creatures that approached Perry and the Brother strike back. One strike with a knife pierces Perry's clothing, dying it red around the wound, and as he swings around to retaliate he's stabbed in the back, pooling more blood. The third attacks the prone brother, nicking his mouse tail as he shuffles backwards.

The three who approached Ramiro stand ready for his approach. The brothers in training stand behind Ramiro, waiting for his signal.

Agnes sits in a rocking chair, beside a cozy bed. Across her bookshelves are small books, a stuffed doll, and a drawing of Martin the Warrior. There is an absence of any other beds in the home- apparently, either Lulu still sleeps with her mother or Agnes keeps to the rocking chair. She acknowledges Nala's presence.

"Oh... Hello. Are you one of Lulu's friends?"

Brix dreams, like someone who got up only to go back to sleep might. Dreams of a snowy wasteland and glaciers. She had heard of this place before- the Land of Ice and Snow, which lies far past the west seas. A blizzard tears through the air as a white fox-wolf leads his men into battle, and the shouts of the brothers in training and the leadership of St. Bracken's find their way into your dream. They March on Redwall, then the dream fades. You find yourself falling fast asleep.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2019-11-01 at 06:40 PM.
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus_Maximus View Post
    Agnes sits in a rocking chair, beside a cozy bed. Across her bookshelves are small books, a stuffed doll, and a drawing of Martin the Warrior. There is an absence of any other beds in the home- apparently, either Lulu still sleeps with her mother or Agnes keeps to the rocking chair. She acknowledges Nala's presence.

"Oh... Hello. Are you one of Lulu's friends?"
    Erm... No, ma'am. I've never met her, Nala replies. I'm sure she'd be an awesome friend if... No, not if, when we meet, but I just got here. My friends are out there searching for her now-I'd've gone myself, but I'm too exhausted from the march to get here. I'm more a sprinter than a marathon runner, she says with a bit of regret.

Maybe tell me about Lulu? I mean, she's probably scared right now, and while she WILL be okay, is there anything I can do right now to make her return easier? I know she's going to want to see you, that's for sure, but anything else?
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Ramiro draw his sword. He raise the sword as sign of worship.
    "Martin trust me, that I fight for-"
    And the knight charged toward his foes, the blade raised over his head, and his M marked round shield pushing forward.
    "RRRRRREDWAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLL!" the knight cry the battle cry of the champions of Redwall, slashing from up to down at the wretched vermin!

------
    Spoiler: roll
    Show

Attack with long sword
    (1d20)[20](20)+6

Damage?
    (1d8)[6](6)+4

Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

The sword cleaves across one of the creatures, knocking it down in the stream. The other two remain, but neither manages to pierce your armor with their daggers.

The Brothers-in-training charge, armed with their short swords. Five out of the six hit with their attacks, knocking down the rest; one starts to bleed out in the stream, dying the rocks red. Another tries to run away from Perry, but he hits them in the back of their leg, stopping them from running.

Perry calls out for the surrender of the creatures, between being stabbed by them: "Stop this violence! We only call for the return of one of our own, a mouse named Lulu."

The two creatures who remain standing drop their weapons, and look at each other pensively. "Mouse? Mouse?"

Agnes regales Nala with stories about Lulu. She's energetic, always delightful and curious. Not much else about her; she's only a young dibbun of a girl.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

"Do not pretend to be fools!" Ramiro pointed his sword.
    "The mouse maiden! Give her back, and we will act with compassion, else be slain!" the helmet echo with rage, like an avenger ghost.

----

Spoiler: Intimadation
    Show

(1d20)[11](11)+6

------
    My previouse Avater

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

The creatures continue talking, but this time in some language you haven't heard. Perry raises an eyebrow, murmurs something, then speaks back in the same language. The creatures, half surprised, now understand and point to the bush on the other side of the river.

And sure enough, there bound and gagged is a mouse girl.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Quincy can't help but be suspicious, though he's grateful the girl seems unharmed. "What did they say?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Insight on whatever Perry's answer is: (1d20+2)[17]
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

"Before or after I started talking?" the otter asks, sheathing his sword. Not waiting to hear an answer, he continues as he poises to cross back over the river: "They were trying to figure out what I was saying from their rudimentary knowledge of our tongue. Hard to say if they really have never heard of a mouse before." He crosses over to the other side in a flash, shaking himself off when he gets there. "If you don't know, that was the language of the Land of Ice and Snow, far across the west waters. We have a book in the church documenting their speech. It's a boring read, but apparently, becoming useful given these current events. These creatures, whose species I have forgotten, must be pirates, but for them to have gotten past Salamandastron..." he scratches his ruffled chin fur and nurses his stab wounds.

The brothers in training untie Lulu and remove her gag. She hugs one for comfort, but the brother backs off quickly, feeling uncomfortable. The other brothers in training use the material to tie up the still standing creatures, and the remaining ones heft the injured creatures.

Spoiler: Your insight:
    Show
    He seems truthful.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus_Maximus View Post
    The creatures continue talking, but this time in some language you haven't heard. Perry raises an eyebrow, murmurs something, then speaks back in the same language. The creatures, half surprised, now understand and point to the bush on the other side of the river.

And sure enough, there bound and gagged is a mouse girl.
    'Speak normally' Ramiro.demand.
    He walk toward the mouse maid, making sure they aren't doing any dirty tricks

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

"Understanding each other is vital for negotiation, Sir Ramiro, and this goes for you too Quincy." Perry posed, chin up and standing tall as any badger though not half as wide. "They do not understand, nay, cannot understand, so I find the speech that works. If no other speech works, then the speech of the blade will. I would not trust a snake to go into negotiation simply because I studied his speech. They would just become more defensive." he looks back over his shoulder. "Are you coming, or not? It will be another couple hours back if we keep time, and we must keep time if we hope to defend against the forces of darkness."

Spoiler: Perception Check, DC 20
    Show
    You can see one more of these creatures in a tree on the east side of the river, aiming an intricate crossbow at Perry.

Back at St. Bracken's:

Shouting is all around, as the brothers in training carry rocks, hot water, and rudimentary weapons to the south wall, and the rats begin to climb. Some are armed, some not, but all the same they battle, supervised by the Ravens above. One brother shouts, "Two of the 8 carts are turning away, headed for St. Rose's! 4 of the Ravens are going with them!"

One bursts in Brix's room and wakes her, leaving immediately to allow her to decide whether she's rested enough or if she should go fight.

Agnes has drifted off to sleep in her rocking chair.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2019-11-07 at 03:23 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

"Even with a score of rabbits, I'm sure Salamandastron can't cover the entire coast. We'll just have to make sure these bullying blaggards get sent back to the sea with their tails between their legs." Quincy takes another look around the site of the curious encounter before turning to leave. He gives one last look over his shoulder before answering, "Bringing up the rear, my goodbeast, bringing up the rear."

Spoiler: DC20 is Ominous
    Show
    (1d20+4)[6]

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

"Watch out!" Ramiro yell and throw another javelin at the new enemy.

----

attack
    (1d20)[14](14)+6

damage
    (1d6)[5](5)+4

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Ramiro's perception shrinks to one point, and spots another of these creatures aiming a weapon at Perry. The javelin strikes true, and all hurry over to deal with this new opponent as they fall out of the tree. He is knocked out cold.

The weapon he wielded, an intricate crossbow that would have fired a sharpened bolt as wide and thick as a beaver's arm, lay destroyed on the ground. It could still be rebuilt, but it would take time.

Perry says nothing, instead gathering up all the pieces of the weapon and continuing south.

A couple hours later, you return to St. Bracken's at about noon. However, it's surrounded; three carts force in at the south, and the other walls have a single cart's worth of rats. Overhead circle 12 Ravens, watching the battle from overhead but not participating.

At the North gate, where the away party approaches, they are having difficulty; they used all the ladders on the south wall, and the ivy isn't easy to climb while rocks are thrown at them. Around 12 of the original 16 rats that attacked the north wall are still conscious.

All 7 of the strange creatures are tied up.

Spoiler: Brix and Nala
    Show
    I'm going to say you two got a long rest, and I'll allow you to choose between the two exhaustion effects afflicting you to remove as you tick off one level of exhaustion.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2019-11-12 at 02:06 AM.

16. - Top - End - #106

Nala rushes, as quickly as she can, to the west wall. She surveys the area from a point of hiding, and readies her bow.

As she fires off, though, her shot goes wide, thunking into the ground harmlessly.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+6)[21] for Stealth.
    (1d20+6)[11] if I have advantage or disadvantage-I don't think I do, but better safe than sorry.

Then, a shortbow shot at anyone who appears to be the leader-the goons aren't as important, methinks. If there's no leader, the biggest and baddest looking dude.

(1d20+6)[10]
    (1d20+6)[8] if I have advantage, such as from hiding.

(1d6+4)[9]
    (1d6)[1] Sneak Attack

Edit: Sad trombone noises.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2019-11-12 at 01:40 PM.

Show
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Brix

Will man the south wall and try to keep the enemy from making it over the walls using the ladders.

Show
    Attack with Longbow
    To Hit (1d20+8)[27]
    Damage (1d8+4)[11]

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    18/18 HP
    15 AC
    Exhaustion level 1, Disadvantage on ability checks
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

The biggest and baddest looking rat wears a metal plate strapped over his chest and wields a large club. The arrow shatters harmlessly against the plate, but thanks to your hiding, he hasn't noticed you yet.

Brix contributes by shooting a rat who was coming up the wall. Surrounding that position, five or six more rats fall in an instant.

On the west wall the rats are starting to find a hold as the biggest and meanest looking one heaves himself onto the wall and swings his club, leading four others up behind him. The brothers in training approach from the north side, but they're already having trouble there.

Perry touches Quincy and mutters a few words, and you feel vigor within you. You have 1d4 added to all damage rolls for the next 10 minutes.

Then, he approaches from the behind of the unsuspecting rats.

Spoiler: Perception DC 14, if no one makes it a mouse will see it next round
    Show
    the Ravens are starting to descend in order to provide assistance.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Ramiro echoed.
    "Halt Vermins! Or be prepared to DIE!'

Spoiler: ooc: Intimadation roll
    Show

(1d20)[1](1)+6

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #110

Nala fires off a shot at the armored leader, taking advantage of her hiding, before shouting The ravens are coming! Take cover!

Show
    (1d20+6)[12]
    (1d20+6)[10] advantage

(1d6+4)[10]
    (1d6)[2] Sneak attack

Show
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Quincy follows Perry's lead, sneaking behind the rogues as best he can before giving a mighty thrust with his spear and a follow-up sweeping kick.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception:(1d20+4)[20]
    Stealth check?(1d20+4)[18]
    Spear Attack:(1d20+4)[14] for (1d8+2)[8]+(1d4)[1]
    BA Unarmed Strike:(1d20+4)[19] for (1d4+2)[4]+(1d4)[4]

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Brix

Take another shot.

Show
    Attack with Longbow
    To Hit (1d20+8)[19]
    Damage (1d8+4)[9]

What do the ladders look like? I am thinking of maybe trying to chop down one or two with a hand ax. Are there other defenders on the wall with e that could give me some cover?

Show
    18/18 HP
    15 AC
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Quincy, filled with inspired vigor, instantly knocks down two unsuspecting rats carrying pitchforks, alerting the rest to your presence. Rats atop the wall that were fighting turn and come down, and the brothers-in-training wave and go to lend support to the east and west walls.

Perry attacks, but gets his sword caught in a rake one of the alerted rats is holding. The other brothers-in-training stay back to make sure the seven strange creatures don't get away, brandishing their weapons.

They don't seem to have been intimidated by the mouse in armor. In fact, they seem invigorated by Ramiro's shout.

There are about ten rats remaining outside the north wall, each armed with a rake, pitchfork, scythe, or other farming implement.

Again, Nala's arrow shatters against the shoddy metal plate. Two more rats climb up behind the four that already got up as reinforcements come from the north wall. The big one barks a command: "Get the mice, I have this one" as he starts to approach Nala by maintaining eye contact and slinking along the walls and the six rats engage with the reinforcements.

Spoiler: Nala's Passive Perception
    Show
    You can see, carved on the metal plate, letters spelling "Vurg".

As the brothers in training on the south wall start to heed Nala's warning, they start to be pushed back by the rats. One mouse is knocked down at the top of the stairs, and is almost killed by a rat as Brix's arrow pierces the assailant. The mouse quickly scrambles to his feet and gets down the stairs, followed by a few more brothers; The south wall is quickly flooded by 15 or more rats, three of whom go east, two west, five keep position at each of the ladders, and five follow the mice down into the courtyard and the space between the civilian homes. More continue to rise up the ladders.

The ladders seem fairly flimsy, straight wooden rods held together by fine rope. However, at this point, the south wall is mostly lost. A lucky shot at a ladder could ruin it, but there are four others. If all ladders are removed, the rats have disadvantage on their athletics checks to climb.

The ravens are within distance to start diving and picking up people who aren't under cover.

24. - Top - End - #114

Does your mother know you're here, Vurg? Nala asks as she draws her daggers.

Show
    I'm not charging him, but I will attack if I can't guilt him into surrendering. Considering the odds of that are basically zilch...

(1d20+6)[26]
    (1d4+4)[8]

(1d20+6)[15]
    (1d4)[3]

(1d6)[5] Sneak Attack, if I can get it.

(1d20+7)[10] Persuasion, if possible.

Show
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Brix

Will put my bow over my shoulder and equip my shield.

Show
    18/18 HP
    15 AC, 17 w/ shield

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

"You have been warned, wretches!"Ramiro echo and raise his sword, the sun shined on the sword.
    "Martin The Warrior! Be with me and teach the vermins a lesson!"
    The knight ran forward with a raised shield and the sword prepared, strangely it still shined from the sun, no matter in which pose the knight held it.
    "REDWAAAAALL!" And slashed toward who looked as the biggest.
    Spoiler: Meta
    Show

Bonus action: Cast wrathful smite.
    Action- move and attack
    (1d20)[6](6)+6

Damage (1d8)[2](2)+4+(1d6)[6](6) psychic damage
    Also target need to wisdom save against 14

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

"Heh," 'Vurg' responds, heaving the club while standing on the stairs. He swings and misses, putting him off balance and giving Nala an opening to dive under. The first dagger strike hits the exact spot the arrows did, and instead of shattering like the arrows it goes through, causing the metal to creak as it goes through. It reaches his heart, killing him instantly. The second dagger, which pierces his gut, serves only to keep his corpse from falling on Nala, instead landing on the edge of some roof shingles on the civilian homes. A nearby civilian shrieked at the sound. The three rats that were headed to the west wall start to head down to attack Nala, but are stopped by a sudden "Caw" sound, causing them to shudder in place.

"Paws off my prey," the raven commanded, diving down and engaging with Nala. A scar runs across its right eye, and wrinkles cover the rest of its beaked head. It attacks twice with its talons, easily cutting through Nala twice and ending the attack with a brutal peck to the neck, tearing out a chunk of flesh.

Spoiler: Damage
    Show
    Nala takes 19 damage total (8 from the beak, 4 and 7 respectively from each of the claws), and is knocked unconscious by the attacks.

The rats cheer as the raven starts to swoop away but it's caught by an arrow from someplace else. Its wing is pierced causing it to stay landed. Four brothers in training back up your position immediately.

"The ravens are attacking!" shouts one brother standing in the courtyard as it flies by with its talons and takes a full sword strike. "Get in cover of the houses, or the church!" another orders, successfully knocking a raven away as it tries to grab him and pick him up. Five of the ravens sweep back up into the sky while the rest hang low.

Two rats lead the charge up the east wall towards Brix. Alongside you are three brothers-in-training, each armed with swords, and behind them three more and a Brother.

The battle at the north wall continues; Ramiro's attack strikes true, snapping a rake in half as the sword goes. The rat doesn't go down in a single attack, instead causing it to run for the wall, along with a couple others.

Quincy knocks down a couple more rats, and Perry does the same. The Brothers-In-training continue to watch the strange creatures.

No reinforcements are on their way to the north wall. About half a dozen rats remain fighting your insurgent force.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2019-11-16 at 12:25 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Quincy moves to clean up the rest of the ratty ruffians as quickly as possible. "We need to push through and help against the birds! EULALIAAAAA!" He thrusts with his spear before unleashing a series of spinning kicks in an attempt to clear the group. Between blows, he calls up to the defenders on the wall, "Get a ladder down on this side once we've dispatched these ruffians! Darndest thing, I can't jump those walls..."

Spoiler: Fear my Furry Fury!
    Show
    Spear Attack:(1d20+4)[11] for (1d8+2)[4]+(1d4)[3]
    BA Flurry of Blows: (1d20+4)[7] for (1d4+2)[4]+(1d4)[2]
    (1d20+4)[24] for (1d4+2)[5]+(1d4)[1]

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Brix

"Just my luck, the ravens join in after I put the bow away."

Draw rapier and mover to attack the nearby rat that is on the wall.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+6)[7]
    (1d8+4)[11]

Show
    18/18 HP
    15 AC, 17 w/ shield

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

"Said well, Quincy.' Ramiro echoed, and with the momentum of his previouse attack the long blade of steel rocketed toward it's next victim.
    "It seems the enemy were quicker then us!'

Spoiler: meta
    Show

Attack
    (1d20)[19](19)+6
    Damage?
    (1d8)[6](6)+4

also, if someone attack Quincy I use protection to invoke disavnatge

------
    My previouse Avater