The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 119
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    Spoiler: Conditions:
    Show
    Insecure


    No one was there, nooo one was there. But he was here surely someone would stick around, it left a deep feeling in his stomach. Maybe they were mind controlled to keep running, yeah surely mind control must be the answer. But the sinking feeling still stayed there.

    "Uh yeah, ... yeah I'll head off with those two." Realizing he was losing his edge he shook his head to get back in the game. "If they can keep up of course ha haaaa." Foreigner started floating around the group his peppy demeanor retained on the surface.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    KC considers Arthropod's -- man, he's going to need to get a nickname for him soon -- plan; it's as good as any other at this point, though he's slightly bemused by the reasoning behind putting a powerhouse on the "stealth" team...and he's not certain he likes the idea of playing (albeit downright tough against most things and nigh invulnerable to heat) meat shield to his partner and his six- and eight-legged army.

    "Let's go find a bomb, then," he says to Artie...Artie? Nah, not cool enough...it'll come. He's pulled from his mulling over the prospective nickname by Facet laying out the staircase for them, and he nods appreciatively at her. "Nice work."

    With that, he taps Arthropod on the shoulder and intones, "C'mon; let's get going."

    OOC: He'll leave with Arthropod.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Awful's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Somewhere Strange

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    "Good luck!" Maria chirped as the two departed over the fence before she turned to the remaining two.

    "Alright. So we'll be going in loud! If we're going in the front, I'll breach with some stun grenades first, then we bust in the doors and knock them around! Make sure to keep an eye out for civilians, but I suspect that most of them have already cleared out! Are you both ready? "

    Again, she casually tossed away her harpoon gun and it dissolved. Instead, a bandolier of flashbang grenades materialised in the air and she caught it neatly.
    And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    Arthropod
    Spoiler: Labels&stuff
    Show

    Danger:+0
    Freak: -1
    Savior: +0
    Superior: +1
    Mundane: +3
    Conditions:

    Potential: 1/5


    Arthropod fidgets in anticipation, watching his plan come together. As he starts to step onto the bridge, he notices the flash of disappointment on Foreigners face as the alien speaks to the nonexistent crowd.

    He puts his gloved hand on Foreigners shoulder and talks to him reassuringly. Donít worry my dude, when this mission turns out to be a rousing success, theyíll be back. I put you on the main team because I know you can always draw attention. Iím sure these guys were just too scared to realize it.

    Hoping that his fairly blatant flattery could keep Foreigner from feeling too down, Arthropod followed KC over the piano bridge. Once on the other side, he started to head towards the enclosure where he saw the employee. He also silently points out where he saw the two hulking figures.


    Spoiler: Comfort and Support
    Show

    (2d6+3)[14]

    On a hit, they hear you: they mark potential, clear a condition, or shift Labels if they open up to you. On a 10+, you can also add a Team to the pool or clear a condition yourself.

    Last edited by Quagmire; 2019-10-24 at 07:15 PM.
    I go by They/Them pronouns, BTW.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    With Arthropod's hand on Foreigner's shoulder he returned to the ground from his slight hover. His face went to a more serious expression similar to a young student gaining wisdom from an older teacher, which was quite strange as there was no face to look back at and he was looking slightly down due to a height difference. Foreigner didn't realize about this fear thing for the most part he was out of the way from all that on his home planet. It most certainly certainly that his looks could do anything if he put he mind to it.

    He placed his hand on Arthropods shoulder, the grip was a little too strong at first but as soon as Foreigner realized it he loosened it immediately. He shook his head again "Ha haaa of course they will come back. The heroes need the adoring fans and I'll be making sure you are right there at the front. You need to work on your PR a little bit more, bugs can be a bit gross but I can make it work." Foreigner was back to his cocky facade again, the words of Arthropod had genuinely comforted him but I was against everything he knew to be looking in a bad state like that in front of people.

    "Lets beat thing weird squid thing Dracula whatever it is!"

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    Facet gives a nod to Maria to signal she's ready. Looking back at Foreigner and Atrhropod she comments, "I like bugs." as if to perhaps disagree with Foreigner's assessment.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    Everyone was gearing up for the fight it was about time Foreigner joined the other two in his split off group. "Sorry I wasn't meaning how I perceive them. I happen to think the little guys can be kind of cute in the right light." Foreigner said in response to Facet then turned back to Arthropod "I think we could sell up the cool factor of the bugs, you feel me? Play up some sort of spectacle with them. Anyway that something to think about for later." At this point Foreigner was way off the original topic of the conversation and subconsciously its probably how he wanted it to be for now. He had never really been open to anyone when everyday is showtime.
    Last edited by Jumbus; 2019-10-24 at 11:39 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    Arthropod sticks his head back from behind the wall, a bit disheartened but understanding why Foreigner wanted to keep up the confident facade. He was happy to talk about bugs though, that was always a fun topic. Yeah, Iím not sure if any PR we do can get past the fear people already have if creepy-crawlies, being scared of them is just human instinct. If you have any ideas though, Iíd be happy to hear once the bomb and vampire are dealt with. Speaking of that, we probably should go... you know... deal with that. I think itís around time to go save the day!

    He gets back over the bridge back to KC, remembering that waiting outside for an hour bantering would probably end badly.
    Last edited by Quagmire; 2019-10-24 at 11:50 PM.
    I go by They/Them pronouns, BTW.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DaedalusMkV's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    Going in the Front Door: M4, Facet and Foreigner
    Finally ready for a fight, three heroes rush forwards towards the front entrance of the aquarium, the organ music coming over the intercom growing louder and louder. Maria primes and throws a flashbang in just before you rush through the open doors in front of you, just in case an ambush is waiting ahead. Following the grenade's detonation the attack squad rushes in, ready for anything. A quick scan doesn't show any hostiles, just an empty ticket lineup, a gift shop to the left and a few doors leading to the main wings and exhibits, clearly labelled in large lettering, along with a massive fish tank on the left wall in which all forms of aquatic life seem to dart around like they're seriously agitated. Possibly as a result of the grenade. You hear a rattling and clanking behind you, and the security gates crash down from above to block the way out... As much as mundane steel is going to bar your way. The music around you quiets to a background noise, and the voice of Dr. Acula comes back over the PA system. All the screens in the room, displaying ticket information and videos of the aquarium's exhibits, change to show an unfamiliar face you can guess to be Acula. He looks a lot more Nosferatu than Dracula; smooth grey skin, no visible nose aside from a couple of slits in the front of his face, completely black eyes with no whites and a set of horrible sharp fangs clearly designed for ripping apart flesh. "Foolish heroes, you have vallen directly into my trap! Haha! Now you will zee ze true powver of Dr. Acula! I have..." A brief pause. "Hmm. You look much younger from zhis close. Only zhildren. I do not vant to crush young children like you." With a further clatter, the security gates behind you begin to raise once again, clearing a route out of the building. "Zhust leave, bevore I zhange my mind. I can vait for real heroes to deveat, yez."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Dr. Acula is not visible in the main entryway, aside from his image on the screens. He also doesn't seem to be taking you seriously. What do you do?



    Going in the Back Door: Arthropod and Kid Collier
    You rush up the platforms left by Facet's powers, both of your enhanced physiques making easy work of the obstacle, and make your way over the wall and into the stadium seating below without too much trouble. You can see a pair of black and white whales swimming peacefully in the huge pool of water in the middle of this area, and two main exits to your left and right, along with a small door marked STAFF ONLY nestled in a set of obviously fake rocks. You know the door to the left leads to a small group of shark-men spotted by Arthropod's insect scouts, while the small door has a person you suspect to be a staff member behind it. Not long after you land you hear a loud bang, followed by Acula's accented voice over the intercom (see above). Is he addressing you? Does he know you're here?

    How do you proceed?
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    Facet doesn't actually turn her head to look at one of the monitors as she replies, as she's instead just shifting a display in her HUD to be more centered as she continues to walk in. She gives a shrug and says dismissively, "Yes yes. You're disappointed to be dealing with us. We're disappointed to be dealing with you. We're all disappointed. Now that that's established can you just come face us already? Preferably somewhere we're not going to be killing a bunch of innocent fish. Because seeing so very much of your face is just too much to stomach. I'm sure it's worse in person, but it's still only one of it we'd be being subjected to. So if we could just hurry up and conclude our mutual most disappointing encounter of our careers and move on to more worthwhile ones I think that'd be for the best."
    She hadn't really intended to be so harsh or go on so long, but once she started the rest of it just kind of rolled out. Apparently she was a bit more annoyed than she had realized, as some part of her was insulted that she, Nonpareil's daughter, was apparently not considered by the universe of worthy of a more meaningful official first outing. And really that's where her irritation lay, with the universe rather than Dr. Acula for disregarding her. Because her disregard of him was such that his opinion of her wasn't even something she took any notice of.


    Trying to Provoke Dr. Acula to just come out and fight (preferably somewhere that avoids a lot of damage to the aquarium): (2d6-1)[6]

    [result?]
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-10-25 at 01:02 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    Facets insult was pretty long but she failed to key in on the most important part about all of this and Foreigner had been wheeling this one up for a while. "Yeah what she said and you're pretty ugly even for a vampire squid. Ha haaa am I right?" He held up his hand to try and do this new thing he heard about called a high five after his, as always, stellar zinger. Foreigner had no clue of course that the person on the screen was not a vampire squid.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Using a team to help out

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    Facet actually turns around to look at Foreigner, considers taking the time to explain to him that a vampire squid is something completely different, and finally just elects to say, "Yes." and give a nod. There is no high five. Because she's a monster.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Awful's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Somewhere Strange

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    Maria looked around distractedly. The vampire could see them (and was oh-so-rudely talking down to them!) and the most logical source of his vision was the cameras.

    A ornately engraved revolver formed in her grip, and she cocked the hammer with a thumb. She sighted the revolver on one of the security cameras watching them and pulled the trigger smoothly, the plastic and glass of the camera exploding into shards from the bullet. She swivelled on the spot, aiming at the next camera.
    "I don't think-" click-BLAM- "-that he-" click-BLAM- "-is a vampire squid, actually."

    She span the revolver on a finger, blew smoke from the barrel, and reached up to high five Foreigner as bits of shattered cameras clattered to the floor. In truth, his attempt had been as awful as his taste in music, but it was important to be encouraging.
    "Just an ordinary vampire. Good try, though! Maybe one we've dealt with draculame we can take a look at the cephalopod section! I always did think things with tentacles were cool."
    And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post
    Going in the Back Door: Arthropod and Kid Collier
    You rush up the platforms left by Facet's powers, both of your enhanced physiques making easy work of the obstacle, and make your way over the wall and into the stadium seating below without too much trouble. You can see a pair of black and white whales swimming peacefully in the huge pool of water in the middle of this area, and two main exits to your left and right, along with a small door marked STAFF ONLY nestled in a set of obviously fake rocks. You know the door to the left leads to a small group of shark-men spotted by Arthropod's insect scouts, while the small door has a person you suspect to be a staff member behind it. Not long after you land you hear a loud bang, followed by Acula's accented voice over the intercom (see above). Is he addressing you? Does he know you're here?

    How do you proceed?
    "Damn, he may already know we're here," KC grumbles. He pauses and takes note of the cameras, lighting, and other possible electronics; considering the possibilities for a moment, he turns to Arth and adds, "We can't start taking out cameras; if he hasn't noticed us yet, he would know something's going on then. Let's try to keep out of camera sight as much as we can. C'mon, let's get the staff member out of here, and then see what we can do about the shark-men."

    The Kid moves as quietly as his solid frame allows and stops short of the door; using his full visual acuity, he examines the door and nearby walls for any possible.

    Spoiler: Assess the Situation
    Show
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=24229223&postcount=28

    Failure. Potential!


    "Hmm, nothing out of the ordinary," he says, more to himself than his partner. "Get ready with, uh...whatever it is you got."

    KC attempts to open the door.
    Last edited by seatyger; 2019-10-28 at 05:59 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    Spoiler: Labels&stuff
    Show

    Danger:+0
    Freak: -1
    Savior: +0
    Superior: +1
    Mundane: +3

    Conditions:

    Potential: 1/5


    Arthropod follows KCís advice and tries to stay away from any cameras as he inches towards the door. As he does so, he tries to regain control of the bugs he sent over the wall. Control is easier than trying to use their senses, so he sticks to simple commands like Ďfly or climb onto my handsí.

    Youíre right, we donít want to draw any attention. As he talks, he is interrupted by she sound of Mariaís gunshots coming in from the other side of the aquarium. Sounds like they are keeping him distracted, so letís get in and then get this guy out. And my hands are covered with insects so thatís around as ready as I can get.

    He quickly glances over his shoulder to see if the bridge is still there before standing by the door ready for whatever is on the other side.
    I go by They/Them pronouns, BTW.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DaedalusMkV's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    Going Loud: Facet, Foreigner and M4
    Facet and Foreigner taunt the grey-skinned monster on the monitor, and Acula's expression morphs from surprise to anger not long into her rant. By the time you're finished, he yells back at you in his heavily accented English the security gate once again slamming shut behind you. "I zee they do not teach ze manners to zhildren in zis country. Vempire Sqvid? You dare to mock my in zis vay? Very vell, I vill zee if I cannot beat some manners into you." The view on the monitor changes, showing what appears to be one of the exhibits in the aquarium with some sort of mechanical device attached to a pair of large tanks. "I have placed zeze bombs around ze Aqvarium, attached to canisters of my mutagenic gas. You have ten minutes to disable all of zem, or zey detonate..." The image changes again, to what appears to be some sort of frog in a chamber filled with a green haze. In short order the frog starts to grow and change. "Tranzforming all ze creatures in zis fish-tank into deadly monsters. Right in ze middle of zis city. Oh, and perhaps giving you some zhanges as vell, yez? Metahumans always react zo ztrangely to zeze zorts of zings." By this point, the frog on the screen has grown into what looks like a four-foot-tall something, and opens its mouth to reveal several rows of teeth and what looks like a very long, stretchy barbed tongue.

    Finally, the screen returns to show Acula, his fanged mouth open in a predatory grin. "But you vill have to contend vith my deadly minions, yez. Ze clock ztarts now. Perhaps you vill vind some respect for Doctor Acula vunce you have seen vhat I can do. Tick tock, heroes."

    Meanwhile, Maria looks around the entry hall for cameras, spotting two and deftly putting bullets directly through them. Once she fires at a third one, the Doctor hisses angrily. "Vould you ztop zat? Iz like you never attend ze hero zkool at all..."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Acula does not come out to fight, but does seem to be quite angry with Facet and Foreigner. You both can take +1 Forwards against Doctor Acula.



    Sneaking Around: Kid Collier and Arthropod
    Moving stealthily, you make your way over to the STAFF ONLY door without being interrupted, save by what seems to be an ongoing rant by Acula. It seems like he might not be talking to you, all things considered. The door ahead of you is locked and doesn't move much when a normal amount of force is applied to it. One of the whales in the big pool swims right up beside you, halting as if to look at you, but otherwise there is no movement.

    With his prodigious strength Kid Collier could certainly smash his way through a mere steel door, but there's no way it would be quiet. Or perhaps you could try to pick the lock, or go looking for a key?

    Meanwhile, Arthropod keeps a lookout, and notices the topmost of Facet's piano-like steps fade out of existence on top of the wall. Well, it's not like they were designed to give you an easy way out anyways. Out of the corner of your eye you notice movement from one of the doors leading inside, and you're pretty sure it's the one your insectile minions saw the humanoid figures lurking behind. Are they heading towards you?

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Kid Collier doesn't spot anything helpful for getting past the door. Arthropod suspects company might be inbound. How would you like to proceed?
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    Arthropod
    Spoiler: Labels&stuff
    Show

    Danger:+0
    Freak: +3
    Savior: +0
    Superior: +1
    Mundane: -1

    Conditions:
    Hopeless: -2 to Unleash your powers

    Potential: 1/5


    Arthropod gestures to the area where he saw movement.

    Kid, weíve got company. Iím sure you can take them out, hopefully quietly. Meanwhile, weíll see what we can do about this door. We saw a few videos about this on the internet, it shouldnít be hard.

    As he talks, Arthropod kneels down by the lock and places his hands on it, sending a few bugs crawling inside. He closes his eyes under his suit, and tries to ignore any of his own senses. Sometimes you have to get out of your own head to get things done, and sometimes you have to do that literally. Then, he isnít Jackson Hale anymore, he is a swarm of tiny insects crawling inside of a lock. He sees the inside mechanism from many different angles, the bugs were his compound eyes. As soon as he locates all the mechanisms of the lock, he has a few ants push down on the tumblers and pins while a stronger-looking beetle pushes on the inside of the lock itself, trying to rotate it as if there was a key in it.

    Whether he succeeded or failed, seeing through multiple beings at once and looking at the inside of a complex mechanism from multiple perspectives took a toll on his mind. When he opened his eyes and stood up, he still felt strange, like he wasnít fully sure if all of Ďhimí was back in his mind. As soon as he was fully back to his own senses he heard ether vampires words echoing down the halls, threatening and posturing. The words clearly got to him in his state of strain, and he suddenly starts realizing the gravity of the situation. He starts rambling to KC shakily.

    How do we do this, K? It took so much out of me just to get this lock open, how are either of us supposed to deal with however many bombs he has in ten minutes? I thought it would just be finding a bomb and getting any civilians away from it, but now weíre on a timer and the actual bomb disposal people are who knows how far away. And we donít even know how many people are left in here?

    Spoiler: Moves Used
    Show

    The Mask: affirming heroic identity to switch Mundane and Freak.

    Unleash your Powers: (2d6+3)[9]
    -gained the hopeless condition
    Last edited by Quagmire; 2019-10-30 at 09:54 PM.
    I go by They/Them pronouns, BTW.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    Collier, despite already turning his attention to the potential danger ahead, snaps around when he hears Arth's concerns. He regards his teammate, and, seeing that the beekeeper is in actual mental anguish, resists the urge to sigh.

    C'mon, man, we're about to start a fight, here...

    "Listen, you just picked a lock with a beetle and some ants," he says. "It's not like we're just normal kids running around, in over our heads. We're both pretty capable; let's work the problem in front of us, and then we can find those bombs and figure out what to do. We're heroes; this is why we have our powers. We're far from hopeless, and the situation is far from helpless."

    Spoiler: Comfort/Support Arthropod
    Show
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=24236058&postcount=29

    Good heavens, that was a terrible roll.


    Turning back toward the potential fight, he quips, "Maybe you can use your friends to short out the detonator circuits or something."
    Last edited by seatyger; 2019-10-31 at 04:46 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Awful's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Somewhere Strange

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    Well, at least it was nice to know that the monstrous minions weren't likely to be people but just twisted animals.

    Magical Munitions Maiden Maria discarded the revolver and formed a short-barreled shotgun. She looked up the hallway towards the greater threats: Acula and the bomb(s). She idly tossed the shotgun in the air, caught it with her left hand, rubbed her chin in thought with her right hand, tossed the gun and caught it again, all without looking, as she pondered the best path.

    Shining Shield Sister Sophia would be clear: the bombs were the biggest threat. Letting Ack escape would be bad... but if they missed any of the bombs, and the monsters made got out into the populace, that would be far worse. Perhaps there would be some way of finding the bombs quicker than searching by hand... a way to plug Abe into the system, or something like that

    Alternatively, if the vampire had a control system for the bombs - as logically he would have to have methods of turning them on and off so he could use them for maximum drama - going straight for him might be the best way of doing it. And certainly, drama seemed to be what the undead was going for.

    Time was ticking down. The aquarium was filled with an unknown number of vicious and potentially viscous mutants.

    Maria couldn't help the grin on her face.

    She tapped her comms on.
    "You hear that? What are you thinking?"


    Spoiler: Assessing the situation
    Show

    Having rolled a 12, Maria will ask the following questions:

    what here can I use to help find the bombs?
    How could we best end this quickly?
    And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    "Yeah I hear you loud and clear M4. We have the other two to take care of the bombs, but those mutants could be a huge eyesore if they grow to full size. Trying to find where they would be on the map here but I can't see frog exhibit anywhere." Foreigner was staring at a large map on the side of an aquarium info booth tracing his finger across every inch of it in search. He was growing increasingly frustrated with his continuous failure. "They clearly have frogs here so why don't they have it on the map. Could be a bit important do ya think!?"

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    Arthropod
    Spoiler: Labels&stuff
    Show

    Danger:+0
    Freak: +3
    Savior: +0
    Superior: +2
    Mundane: -2

    Conditions:

    Potential: 1/5


    Arthropod is about to say that ďnormal kids running around, in over our headsĒ is exactly what he is, with or without some beetles. Before he can reply, though, Maria comes in on the comms. He shelves his indignant response and presses his own comm.

    We know that he has access to the intercoms and can see us through the cameras. If Abe can find us the blueprints he can direct your team to that room. Youíll find him and youíll be able to use the cameras to see the bombs. Then Kid Collier and I can get to those bombs and defuse them.

    Arthropod speaks calmly, knowing that he is talking to the successors to two official heroes. If he wants either of them to respect him he canít break down like that. He shoves aside the lingering feeling that their situation is hopeless; if heís going to be the leader he has to be a leader. He contacts the rest of the team and Abe.

    Abe, is there a blueprint of this place that you can find? If you can, please give Maria directions to the room with all the monitors from the security cameras. Team A, thatís Maria Facet and Foreigner, you guys need to fight your way into that room. Once you get there, youíll be able to see where the bombs are and while you fight, KC and I defuse the bombs and evacuate the place. Abe, it looks like the bombs will go off before the professionals get here. Could you get some sort of expert on the line to talk us through it when we find the bombs?

    With that message sent, he pushes open the now-unlocked door.

    Spoiler: Moves Used
    Show

    Accepting KCs influence, shifting Mundane down and Superior up

    (the ďweíre not normal kids, weíre both pretty capableĒ seems like using influence to shift labels even if it isnít working as a comfort/support)
    I go by They/Them pronouns, BTW.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DaedalusMkV's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    Team pool: 2

    The Font Door: Foreigner, Facet and M4
    The television screens in the lobby switch from Acula's toothy grin to display an image of one of his bombs resting against a wall, a glass-covered exhibit of some sort of snakes barely visible in the top corner of the screen. A large timer on the bomb reads 9:53 in clear digital numbers. Handy of him to provide that.

    Abe responds to Maria with a measured pace. "For the most part, yes, Maria. I believe that Detective Lopez is already contacting the explosives experts with information on these bombs. That-" He cuts out in a wave of static, and once again the screen changes to show Acula's ugly face.

    "Ah. Trying to cheat, I zee. No, I zhink not. Your communicators are clever, yez, but I have ze zhammers for just zis. I may be a bee-ologist, but I am not a fool." Once again he smiles nastily, and the displays fade back to a bomb, this time with what looks like a massive fishtank filled with all sorts of different ocean life behind it.

    Still, you do hear a request from Arthropod a few moments later, albeit buzzing with static. You might not be able to talk to Abe as long as the Vampire doctor's jammers are operating, but it looks like you can still talk to each other.

    Spoiler: Maria's Answers
    Show

    While Abe wasn't able to help you, Acula's taunting does give you an idea...

    What here can I use to help find the bombs?
    Acula's helpfully provided you with images of the locations of at least two bombs at this point: One in the Amazon Rainforest exhibit, and one in the Tropical Oceans exhibit. Assuming he continues like this, you can use his own theatrics to find his bombs! In combination with that guide map Foreigner found, at least.

    How can we best end this quickly?
    Looking closely at those bombs, you can probably cheat a little bit with defusing them. They don't seem to be more than an explosive connected to metal gas canisters; you could probably just pry or cut the explosives off of the canisters and then toss the explosives outside, either for the bomb squad to defuse or just let them blow a few relatively harmless holes in the park. That way there'd be no risk of the gas getting out when the bombs go off.


    The Back Door: Kid Collier and Arthropod
    Arthropod, focusing intently, manages to get the STAFF ONLY door open, leading into a fairly cramped space on the other side. A couple of lockers, a pair of massive deep-freezes and some sinks and buckets dominate the small area, though a small hatch on the far side seems to lead into the whales' pool, as far as you can tell. Beside that hatch, in the far corner, crouches a woman in a wetsuit who looks more than a little bit terrified at first before she catches on that you're here to help. "Oh, I saw you on the news! Thank you so much for coming to help us. I was able to get a good look at one of the bad guys while they were chasing everyone out; they're way more shark than human, and they don't seem very smart."

    Meanwhile, as Kid Collier stands watch, the door across from him opens and a pair of what can only be the shark-men you've heard about emerge. They're massive, standing easily eight feet tall, with no necks and thick, powerful arms and legs. Their body is mostly nose and mouth, and fins jut out from their backs. As they spot you they call out what sounds like "Vrag!" in a guttural growl, then start lumbering towards you.

    Looks like any further sneaking around is going to have to wait.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post
    The Back Door: Kid Collier and Arthropod
    Meanwhile, as Kid Collier stands watch, the door across from him opens and a pair of what can only be the shark-men you've heard about emerge. They're massive, standing easily eight feet tall, with no necks and thick, powerful arms and legs. Their body is mostly nose and mouth, and fins jut out from their backs. As they spot you they call out what sounds like "Vrag!" in a guttural growl, then start lumbering towards you.

    Looks like any further sneaking around is going to have to wait.
    KC takes a moment to regard the oddly-shaped were-creatures, then claps his hands together. "Howdy, fellas! Care to dance?" he says as he steps up to meet their advance. The young bruiser doesn't wait for a reply, or even a move, from the lumbering hulks, using a nearby post to get airborne with some momentum and landing a flying kick against the midsection of the nearest shark-man. With practiced ease, he lands, rolls, and pops up into a defensive position.

    "C'mon and give me your best shot," he quips as his mouth curls into a feral grin.

    Spoiler: Fight the Good Fight
    Show
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=24247209&postcount=31

    KC will pick Resist/Avoid their Blows.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    Arthropod
    Spoiler: Labels&stuff
    Show

    Danger:+0
    Freak: +3
    Savior: +0
    Superior: +2
    Mundane: -2

    Conditions:

    Potential: 2/5


    Arthropod reaches and helps the woman up.

    Yes, weíre the junior team of the Guardians, and weíre containing the situation. You should be able to get to safety by using a bridge that my teammate created, if itís still there. Also, do you know if thereís a room here with all the monitors for the security cameras?

    He looks back as he hears Kid Collier preparing to fight Before any of that, we have to deal with something. They have the size advantage but we have overwhelming numbers.

    Arthropod quickly sees that KC is handling his shark well, and wants to avoid looking bad in front of the more established hero. First he tosses some of his bugs onto the face of the shark KC isnít fighting, and directs them to swarm the eyes and gills. Then he remembers what the internet says youíre supposed to do during a shark attack, and tries to punch the shark directly in the nose.

    Spoiler: Moves Used
    Show

    Directly engage a threat: (2d6)[4]
    Last edited by Quagmire; 2019-11-07 at 10:22 PM.
    I go by They/Them pronouns, BTW.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Awful's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Somewhere Strange

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    Maria made a dismissive noise as she raised her voice, even as she internally noted the locations already shown.
    "Only two bombs? Is that it? Not very impressive, you overgrown leech! Should I send the other two home to give you a chance?"

    She glanced at the site map, matching locations to exhibits. It would have been helpful if she'd ever visited the aquarium before, but the transportation ability of the Blossom House meant that the local sights often didn't appeal as much.
    And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    One of the bomb's locations pictured water, water is in the ocean. It was all pretty obvious that one of the bombs was in the tropical ocean exhibit. Well I'm going to head to the Frog Exhibit, how do you like that Dr. Suckula." It was all a clever ruse and the pieces were all too well falling into place. Dr Ackula would be too busy guarding the Frog Exhibit that he wouldn't expect an attack at the Tropical Oceans. Sometimes Foreigner had to take a moment to appreciate his own intelligence.

    Foreigner gestured toward the other two then pointed at the map where the Tropical Oceans exhibit is. Despite taking the precaution to not speak about it he did nothing to cover his pointing in the assumption all of the security cameras were destroyed.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DaedalusMkV's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    Team Pool: 2
    The Font Door: Foreigner, Facet and M4
    The view on the screen splits into four, showing bombs in four different places within the aquarium; the two you already identified, one in what looks like it's probably the Deep Seas exhibit, judging by the dim lighting and glowing jellyfish, and one in the Antarctic exhibit... Right inside the Penguin enclosure, with little tuxedoed birds frolicking around it. Acula's voice once again taunts you over the intercom. "Leech? Again you mock my superior biology, like ze vools you are. Not two bombs. Four bombs! Oh, and look at zis. You have done nozink, and most ov vone minute already gone. Zo zlow." He pauses a moment. "Vait-."

    Spoiler: Maria's Move
    Show

    Seems like he took the bait. Unless he was smart enough to hold one bomb back, you now know the locations of all four.



    Shark Attack: Arthropod and Kid Collier
    The two shark-men lumber forwards, one heading for a head-on collision with Kid Collier while the other rushes straight towards Arthropod's place by the door. Kid Collier jumps off the viewing stands, his flying kick connecting solidly with the muscular humanoid, and with a mighty impact sends it flying directly into the pool where a pair of black-and-white whales still circle curiously. The shark-man flails around for a moment before righting itself, powerful limbs propelling it back towards you... At which point one of the whales smashes into him with a mighty underwater tackle, sending the grey-skinned figure reeling underwater. The other whale follows through a few moments later. Turns out that Orca whales don't much like sharks. Too bad for the bad guy.

    Arthropod, on the other hand, spends too much time worrying about the wetsuit-clad civilian. By the time he turns his attention on his opponent, the hammer-headed shark-man is already just about on top of him, and a hurried attempt to use insects to attack its weak points is too little too late. One meaty fist impacts the young hero, a mighty uppercut that sends him airborne towards the seating above as the woman he was speaking to looks on in shock.

    Meanwhile, over the speakers, Acula's voice takes on a different tone. "Vait, vhat is zis? More ov you? Get zem, my minions! Curse zeze vireless cameras..."
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Kid Collier dunks his opponent in the drink without much trouble, and now the whales seem to be having fun with him. Big as the shark-man is, he's no match in size or speed for a pair of whales in a huge pool of water. He's done.

    Arthropod, on the other hand, gets hit hard and Takes a Powerful Blow. Roll to see how well he comes out of it.
    Last edited by DaedalusMkV; 2019-11-12 at 11:49 PM.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    Facet nods to Foreigner and over the coms says, "I'll go to the Deep Seas exhibit. It's the farthest from our present location and I know my well around well enough."
    As soon as she's finished speaking she takes off at a run and leaps into the air (not very high up, more an adjustment of her position) as she throws out wires of force that she uses to rapidly pull her down the pathways.

    As she goes along she switches her coms to transmit just to Maria, "I will be aiming to dismantle the bomb so I can study the gas later. If you feel you can do so as well I would appreciate it as something could go wrong with mine and otherwise multiple samples would still be beneficial."

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Made a new post later to replace this one
    Last edited by Jumbus; 2019-11-14 at 08:28 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Re: Masks: Junior Guardians

    Arthropod
    Spoiler: Labels&stuff
    Show

    Danger:+0
    Freak: +3
    Savior: +0
    Superior: +2
    Mundane: -2

    Conditions:
    Hopeless: -2 to Unleash
    Insecure: -2 to Defend and Reject
    Angry: -2 to Comfort and Pierce

    Potential: 2/5


    Arthropod slams against the ceiling and then falls back down to the floor with a loud crack. His super-toughness keeps him alive and not as injured as most people would be after that impact.

    Ow.

    He pulls himself up, grimacing. This was not how his first try at leadership was supposed to go. He wasnít too injured to fight so he had to make sure he didnít seem too vulnerable. The leader isnít supposed to be the least competent member of the team. Ok That went well. You seem to have the shark punching handled, but we still need to make sure the team I assigned to bomb disposal gets at least one ####ing bomb.

    Arthropod gets his fists up, ready to keep fighting but letting KC take the lead. As he does he calls in on the comms. So M, how are things going? Weíve got some sharkpeople fighting us, but it seems like youíve gotten him to tell us how many bombs there are. Any ideas about their location?

    Spoiler: Moves Used
    Show

    Take a powerful blow
    Marking insecure and angry
    I go by They/Them pronouns, BTW.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •