The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Fallout: Equestria - The Frozen North

War. War never changes.
    Two centuries ago, Equestria burned in the balefire conflagration of megaspells and necromancy. A fortunate few managed to hide away in various Stables, safe from the hell that soon followed. Those whose Stables survived emerged decades to centuries later and began the slow process of rebuilding amidst a world of mutants, raiders, and monsters.
    Out of one of those Stables came a hero whose journey changed the face of Equestria. She shattered the three menaces of the Wasteland: Red Eye the Raider King, the Grand Pegasus Enclave, and the insidious forces of ‘Unity’. In her wake, a new nation is slowly rising, piecing itself together: the New Equestrian Republic.
    In the Frozen North, that all seems very far away. The former lands of the Crystal Empire, Equestria’s old ally and companion in its nuclear destruction, remain untouched by the dramatic events of the south. The blizzards still blow, the radio still plays those same old songs, and the Administrator of Neighagara Falls just jacked the price of power up again. Raiders raid, but the larger settlements remain secure. A pony can live a good, long life, so long as he or she doesn’t fall into debt in Junction 49 or try to scavenge in downtown Crystal City. All in all, everything is as it has been since the dawn of living memory.
    However, in the dim-lit bars and crowded meeting halls, rumors circulate like disease. Rumors of the events in the South, yes, but also rumors of something stirring in the heart of Crystal City. Long-dead factories are coming online, they say. Old frequencies broadcast once again. Something is waking up.

Spoiler: Character Creation Central
    Show
    System:GURPS 4th Edition
    Player Count: 1-2 additional players
    Style of Play: RP heavy with some combat, when appropriate
    Allowed Content:

• Book #1: Core
    • Book #2: Powers
    • Book #3: High Tech
    • Book #4: Magic
    • Book #5: Ultra-Tech (For the high-end stuff. Ask before you use something.)

Character Creation:

• Backstory: Yes please. A well-fleshed out paragraph, at the least.
    • Experience: 150 exp.
    • Wealth: As per the rules, though no one may be above ‘Wealthy’
    • Race: See below
    • Alignment: The Wasteland isn’t a nice place. You should be mentally and morally prepared to fight and, perhaps, kill.

Other Notes: For your character’s race, please choose one of the available templates. You may modify them, as appropriate, but these are the ‘base versions’ of the various races.

Core Three Races
    Zebra
    Griffon
    Sand Dog
    Crystal Pony
    Changeling
    Ghoul
    And a special addition...
    Reindeer

Special Fallout Items:
    Drugs!

Hello Playground!
    For the past two and a half years, I have been running the very successful Celestia’s Finest game here on the forums. Some of you may have seen one of the many threads for it. Recently, though, it has come to an end, and I, along with most of the players, are ready to start another one.
    However! I would like to expand the group a little. And so, with their help, we will be looking for a few fresh faces to join us on a romp through the world of Fallout Equestria. If ponies and Fallout are things you enjoy, I assure you that we will have a good time.
    Do note that we are toning down a bit of the grim-darkness of the books. My chief complaint with them was that they pushed the envelope simply to shock the reader. We, on the other hand, will try to keep things in the PG-13 range.
    If that interests you, I look forward to hearing from you!
    Regards,
    Milt

Spoiler: Lore
    Show
    The OverviewThe Frozen North’s civilized community consists of five main cities, all kept in communication and trade with each other by an extensive and well-preserved rail system. These cities form a ring (well, oval really) around the ruins of the Crystal City itself. Though all are independent, each has its own specialty or service they offer that the others cannot produce themselves.
    The train system depends on enchanted rails, which prevent ice and snow-drifts from forming on the tracks. The trains that travel on them are refurbished prototypes from Drakar Ironworks, which use magical batteries for power instead of coal. The salvage and refurbishing industry is a major part of Junction 49’s economy.

Spoiler: The Five Cities
    Show
    Spoiler: The Amethyst Institute
    Show
    Once the primary medical research facility of the Empire, when the bombs fell, the scientists all retreated to the secret Stable underneath it.
    They soon found that it was a deathtrap run by an AI, which was designed to test their problem-solving and logical reasoning skills with murderous puzzle-dungeons.
    They defeated it using the power of cooperation and working in harmony. Generations later, their descendants opened the Stable and reformed the Amethyst Institute, which trains and sends out doctors to the other settlements as well as conducting further medical research. All ponies answer to the Director, whose power and authority are unquestioned

Spoiler: Rainbow Resort
    Show
    Rainbow Resort was a vacation destination in the Crystal Mountains, which run along the northern border between the Empire and Yakyakistan. It is now a plutocratic meritocracy where the old world finery and luxury still exists, after some fashion. They are slowly restoring it to its former glory.
    It is also the site of the Frozen North’s only school of magic and a fledgling orchestra.

Spoiler: Neighagara Falls
    Show
    Neighagara Falls is a democratic republic built around a hydroelectric plant. They sell surplus power in the form of recharged batteries, which keep the trains running and power all sorts of other devices that ponies need.
    Their surplus of power also supports a small mass-production industry, made from salvaged equipment gathered from old factories and the like.

Spoiler: Junction 49
    Show
    An old rail depot that has enough underground infrastructure to support a population of workers and guards. They are responsible for rebuilding and salvaging the old trains and engines stored there, without which the commerce would swiftly cease flowing.
    Without them, communication and trade between settlements would soon die off as the locomotives they use to pull goods and ponies would break down and be inoperable. As a result, the other cities overlook the abuses of the five Overseers that run it, who have instituted a system of indentured servitude. Almost everyone who lives in the city is trapped in debts they cannot escape from, slaves in all but name.

Spoiler: Scav City
    Show
    Built inside and around the Crystal City's Airbase, which lies at the far north-west corner of the city's suburbs, Scav City is the place where, fittingly enough, scavengers congregate. Despite the dangers, many ponies hope to strike it rich by scavenging the Crystal City itself. The suburbs are relatively safe, but few who venture deep inside survive to make it back out.
    The ‘king’ of the city lives inside the terminal along with the ‘Guardians’, who protect it. He views himself as a philosopher-king and is convinced that he can ‘reform’ the populace into the ideal citizens.

And, what would a Fallout game be without radio stations?
    Spoiler: Radio Stations!
    Show
    Neighagara Pulp Radio
    Your source for tales of suspense.
    DJed by Grey Summer, this channel has a large collection of radio dramas that he plays, mostly in the 50's pulp fiction genre. For example, “X-1”, “Ace Shot, at Your Service”, and “The Coltcutta Affair”.

Crystal Mountain Radio
    Heeeeey ponies, you ready to rock?
    DJed by the in/famous Disk Jockey, a mare who loves old classics and Party-Time Ment-als, this station is your go-to source for old world tunes and rock-n-roll. This station is the closest to the ones in vanilla fallout, like GNR or Diamond City Radio.

Raider Radio!
    It’s ya boi! SPLEEEEEEEEN RIPPER!
    Run by the raider boss Spleen Ripper, this station is the hub for raider ‘culture’. It includes all varieties of death metal and other ‘wicked-awesome’ music that goes perfectly with the sound of your enemies screaming and dying before you. It's a show about togetherness and bringing the raiding community closer to each other, uniting them in what they do best. Ripping out the guts of settlers and city folk!

Neo-Classical Station
    Refinement and culture at your hoof-tips
    Based in the Rainbow Resort, this is where the intellectual elite have recreated a lot of old works of music from a collection of sheet music they found. Old symphonies, operas, and other grand works are available to any and all. There is no set DJ, as the focus is on ‘educating and elevating the Wasteland’.

Aunt Maple Syrup’s Station
    Here to keep you company
    Soft music and good advice, all in one package. Maple Syrup is a gentle, elderly mare who refers to all her listeners as her nieces and nephews, speaks softly, and always has a 'Good Thing of the Day' to report, something to brighten everyone's day. Her tagline is, "Just here to keep you company."
    Now in her 41st year of broadcasting, she is well-loved by almost everyone in the Frozen North.

Spoiler: Other known factions
    Show
    The Regulators: A loose collection of elite bounty hunters that track down and kill Raiders for bounties. Their administration exists only to verify who is and who is not worthy of the title.

The Grand Pegasus Enclave: Shattered by their defeat and fragmented into a number of splinter groups, the Enclave is still a name to be feared. They never had a large presence in the Frozen North, however, and time will tell how the events down south will effect the north.

The Blizzard Rangers: A splinter group of the Steel Rangers who very few have ever seen and lived to tell the tale. They are polite enough to clearly mark their territory, which extends across a small area of the Northern Crystal Mountains, and rarely venture out. Stories abound, however, of them dragging off anypony who wanders inside down below the ground, never to be seen again.

Equinox: An open and friendly community that runs a refueling station along the South Crystal Line. They do not allow visitors to stay for more than a week at a time, however, unless they are willing to join on a more permanent basis.
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2019-10-05 at 12:29 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout: Equestria - The Frozen North

Oh. Wow! Another chance!
    How much do we have to prepare a character?
    Can we know something of the existing playing characters? So we could know what "niches" could be filled?

Edit: Also, I almost finished the first book, and there were no changlings, nor 'sand dogs', is there any chance for lore about them?
    Is it known what the state of cadence?
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2019-10-04 at 09:55 AM.
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, igordragonian.

I'm one of the ye oldie players from the last game joining The Frozen North. I can say that Milt is an amazing GM, and I had a ton of fun gaming with him the last 2.5 years. He knows how to keep things interesting and has absolutely amazing npcs. Celestia’s Finest was several hundred pages, probably around a thousand pages, of good fun. We post on average more than once a day and keep an active discord sever.

This time around I'm going to be playing Rime Verse. A young star mage from Rainbow Resort who is looking to explore and write about the wasteland.

Spoiler: Rime Verse
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    How much do we have to prepare a character?
    Can we know something of the existing playing characters? So we could know what "niches" could be filled?

Edit: Also, I almost finished the first book, and there were no changlings, nor 'sand dogs', is there any chance for lore about them?
    Is it known what the state of cadence?
    Hey igor! Good to see you again.

Sorry, 'how much' what? Exp? Time? In answer, 150 exp to the first and a week to get a solid concept in to the second. You may not have every detail of your sheet ironed out, but a good solid concept would be very welcome.

Sure! So far we have Rime Verse, who Elbeyon mentioned, and Doc Wagon, the action-doctor of the Wasteland, by Digodragon. So far, we have mage and medic filled. Userpay is probably going to be the scout-survivalist.

And as for the Sand Dogs and Changelings...

Sand Dogs are unmutated Diamond Dogs, as distinct from the heavily mutated and monstrous Hellhounds, which appear in the main story. Though few in number, there are enough of them around in the Frozen North to justify their own racial entry. They often use cybernetics to further enhance their physical capabilities.

As for Changelings, those who know their history know that their queen once launched an attack on Canterlot while Equestria was distracted by the war, but was swiftly repelled. Rumors abounded after that, but the changelings never managed to launch any additional full-scale attacks. Princess Cadence and Prince Shining Armor, however, did have one changeling advisor, a male drone named Thorax, who was employed in some unknown, classified capacity.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

This sounds really cool. I'm a bit of a GURPS newbie, but I'd like to maybe give it a shot.

I tend to like to make magic/fighter hybrids, usually leaning more towards the sword-fighting side. Would that step on anyone's toes?
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6

Hello, SuperCracker! Welcome!

At the moment, Rime Frost is a dedicated unicorn mage and Doc's weapons are both guns and a sword, so you would fit right in between them.

You are probably going to look at unicorns first, but you might also take a look at Zebras and the new addition: Reindeer.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Expressing interest.

I'm not sure what I'm going to make but... uh...

I'll ask the same thing I asked the last time an FO:E game was announced/planned: exactly how close to, uh, script is the game sticking to the darker content of that fanfic? We've played in a few games, Miltonian, so I doubt it's going to go as dark as the source material, but what should I expect? Bad things happening to good ponies, an unfair, broken world, but nothing tasteless?
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

8. - Top - End - #8

There will be no sexual violence, if that's what you're getting at.

As for the other stuff, I plan to run the raiders more in line with Borderlands' Psychos. Violent, brutal, and definitely a guilt-free kill, but played with a bit more dark humor than tasteless shock value. For example, this is the 'demo' broadcast from our good friend, Spleen Ripper.

"Hey-o! It's ya boi, SPLEEEEEEEEEN RIPPER! And today we got the show ya need to hear! Now ya've heard of 'spilling your guts', right? But did ya know that there's actually a meaning to the phrase beyond 'having your guts fall out because some badflank stabbed ya in the kidney'? That's right, boys and girls! This thing is what's called a met-a-fer."

"I've got a book here all about met-a-fers. Like this one! 'Dead as a doornail'. I mean, whoooooa, right? A doornail? Dead? So dead they made a met-a-fer for it? Well, sign me the hay up! I'll take twenty of them! Buck it, I'll tear out my door right here! Take the nails, put them in my favorite bat. That way, when I bash someone's head in, they'll be soooooo dead that they'll be reincarny-ated as a corpse!"

There will be bad ponies, sad situations, and evil plans. Things might be dark at times, but I don't intend to hammer the 'all is blackness, your actions save no one' button. In short, I intend to stick close to the tone of the mainline Fallout games.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Well, that's a relief.

My loose idea right now is to make a pegasus with a shotgun. Markspony type, bit of a tinkerer and practical.

However, just to put the pieces together (I've read about a quarter of FO:E in general but know about a crapdillion spoilers) are non crystal ponies rare? Pegasi were practically unheard of in the part of FO:E I read, and while I imagine I can write up some backstory about how a few families became refugees in the Crystal Kingdom, I just wanna make sure where I should start.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

10. - Top - End - #10

It's more like Crystal Ponies are just as common as the others, if that makes sense. Due to the Stables scattered about, and the fact that several were successful, there are a decent number of ground-born pegasi. Enough that another one won't draw too much comment. Additionally, some of the Enclave's civilians have fled to the surface to escape and restart their lives.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Well, one thing, thank you for the answers. Is Cadence and Flurry Heart alive?
    Is there lore about the reindeers?
    Are yaks alive?
    I guess pipbucks aren't a thing? Are the characters supposed to be locals?
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2019-10-05 at 12:11 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Four questions get four answers!

1.) They are known to have been alive, but their ultimate fate during the end of the Great War is unknown.

2.) The reindeer are a northern tribe native to the tops of the mountains. They are a merry race, but tend to be withdrawn from the affairs of the Wasteland. Legend has it that a team of reindeer deliver presents on Hearthswarming Eve.

3.) The Yaks are assumed to be still alive, but anyone that goes into their territory never returns. If you are interested in playing a Yak, that is a different matter.

4.) Pipbucks to exist! But, you will have to build them with your points or find one in-game.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Well, usually I want to exprience the things that are unique for the setting.
    So maybe a reindeer?
    Hmmm.. is "social" face is something the group could use?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

My character is gonna be a gunner/tech type, so I'm not overlapping into that party facet.

...Holy crap. I was about to ask about bean bag rounds for a shot gun and it turns out the High Tech Book actually has them.

How prevalent, if at all, are Raider attacks at Rainbow Resort? I imagine they don't get very far in, but are there security measures against them? Or can they even reach the place?

15. - Top - End - #15

Reindeer! Got it.

I don't believe anyone has their main focus in the social side of things, though a few have some skill in it.

The Rainbow Resort has very well-paid guards who are highly armed and motivated to succeed. Many of their families live in the Resort itself, which is one of the job's perks. Raiders never make it to the front door. Some of the more 'detached from reality' residents sit on the high balcony and watch whenever an attack comes, just to see the raiders get mowed down.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Oh thank Crom, this is exactly what I was going and hoping for.

Is it too much of a stretch to also say the security is in charge of fetching and deporting "debtors?" And do retired guards still get to live in the resort?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I also had an idea of daughter of Doc, but it seems to be not relevant at the moment.

An idea, that I am having, is a reindeer, who after visiting the junction at Warmth Eve decided, that it time to take from the naughty ponies, and were banished for it.

18. - Top - End - #18

It would not be a stretch at all, tonberry!

Igor, if I am understanding this correctly, you want to be a reindeer who, upon delivering presents, decided to start delivering lead bullets as well? And is now wanted by the powers that be?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

More robin hooding the corrupted.
    But in my imagination, it would be against the morale code of the reindeers

I imagined a charming thief kind of character.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Rainbow Rails Station was loud, jarring, smelled funny, painted too brightly and really damned crowded. Just like the Security Force locker room, honestly. Pepper Burst had to watch her step dodging sweaty, braggarts there and she was side-stepping bustling busybodies here, making sure the "guitar" case was situated safely on her back. Things sucked, but for much different, higher stakes reasons. She just hoped everything her uncle had told her and the forms and ticket he'd gotten for her were enough to put this all behind her...before she got caught. She was nervous. Not because she'd never left the Resort but she knew the hunt would be on sooner or later and worse, felt naked. Gone was most of her fancy raider-stopping tech--she hadn't been so uneqiped since basic. Sure, she nicked a few "office supplies" on her way out but given the givens, she will firmly declare it's her severance package. And insist on it from behind that severance's gun barrel if backed into a corner.

Come what may, she wasn't going back. Not alive, at any rate...

Spoiler: Pepper Burst: Pegasus Gunner
    Show

Pepper Burst, AKA "Glint Eastwind" (Current alias)
    Race-Pegasus
    Job: Ex-Security Detail, Markspony, part-time mechanic.

Pepper is (mildly) smart mouthed. Aloof, gloomy. A bit too serious, and too used to hiding her hobbies and interests. A hard worker, a crack shot and a handy tech type, she'll make her future and find fortune with a shotgun by her side. has a strong sense of justice and a tempter that is slow to rise, but quick to erupt.

Spoiler: Pepper's Story
    Show

Things had changed alot from her Uncle Straight Arrow's day.

The raiders were *things*. Monsters. A pony could and would use guns, ammo, anything on hoof to combat them as a matter of course. Shotguns were always effective. But even if they were filled with bean bag rounds, it would have been a cold day in hell before the last gen' of security ponies used any firearm inside the resort. Sure, dissidents and debtors had to be dealt with. A truncheon was one thing; that was normal and nets, cuffs all had their place. And he swore he had more hooves than times tear gas or other smoke-em-outs had to be employed. But aiming guns at other decent ponies? Never!

But then, that's where Pepper Burst found herself, more often than not...

To succeed (and stay) in Rainbow Resort, she knew, you needed one of three things: lots of money or the capacity to make plenty. Blue collars were disposable, dead-end ponies good only for amassing debt. But then there was the third option: the exception of law enforcement and security. Of course, most of the higher up positions were given to the...less business/magical/nuance savvy foals of important ponies, but that still left a few seats open for dedicated, honest guards willing to put themselves on the line, Resort security for life security. Pepper came from a long line of such hard workers; her Pegasi ancestors had fled into the resort's Stable and their lineage lived on to loyally maintain the resort's weather and protection. Perhaps too loyal; none of them seemed willing to venture too far away or seek to the skies following the Stale's opening.

Sooner or later, one of them would have too much spirit. And/or do something incredibly stupid.

It would probably come as a surprise to her bosses that she was that stupid, but not her co-workers. Pepper Burst was the quiet and gloomy one among her squad. All the paperwork listed her as an exceptional security officer: a crack shot with a sterling performance record but all the ponies in her squad thought she put on airs and wouldn't miss her. She never bragged or palled with them, never made jokes about the raiders they shot or the desperate slobs they hauled off. No one was sure what she even did off the clock, something about bird watching or some crap.

Thing was, Pepper was always a little somber. She was also a bit of a smart mouth, too, but conservative when it came to her snark--only a little, never enough to cause trouble. Raised by her uncle and his girlfriend more than her actual parents (on account Uncle Straight Arrow was the only other pegasus in her immediate family.) Straight Arrow had seen alot in his days as a Security Officer, and his salty nature rubbed off on his neice. He taught her the value of hard work, right from wrong and at first, Pepper only focused on being like him.

Got her cutie mark on the target range after making a bunch of near perfect kill shots, but refused to fire at a target she thought was shaped too much like a little foal. From there, and the security academy, it was a slow but steady downward slope. Her fellow recruits were mostly blowhards who never had a patient, knowledgable uncle to teach them the proper, safe way to handle weapons or follow procedure. If it wasn't for her skills, they'd have bullied her out long ago. But Pepper started to see things for how they really were. She grew sick real fast of those detached rich ponies cheering for her from battlements as she had to shoot raiders. And as each day past, the treatment of debtors grew worse. She had thought them were just lazy dead beats but after too many family separations, after violent raids in the lower districts... being thanked by too many slimeballs that went on to assure the panicing, pleading debtors that they'd be free of debt in no time...after Pepper shot that unicorn filly attacking her with the kitchen knife (even if it was a bean bag round)... Pepper realized something was wrong. Something was dead wrong.

But the wheels kept on turning, the rich got richer and more and more and even more ponies were being forced at gunpoint--her gunpoint-- out of their homes for the crime of not having enough bits. There was only so much she could stand, as she would later admit to her uncle. But she was only a pony who knew how to use a gun. What could she do?

It would turn out, actually, that one gun could do alot of damage. In a moment of calculated, thorough passion, Pepper took a shotgun to a database computer that had just been loaded with all the more 'pressing' debtors who needed to be collected. It happened at the dead of night, on her watch, when the security cameras were conveniently turned off, and she fled almost as quick as it took to blow apart the terminal. And in her flight, Uncle Straight Arrow found her;. Didn't say a word. Didn't pass judgement. he just used his clout to get her right over to the train station, saying he'd stall the force for her. Hopefully it would be enough. Shooting raiders and damning computers was one thing, but she really hopes she won't have to shoot when innocent bystanders are around...

I got a bit inspired to write this. I hope it's not too much--especially what Pepper did to warrant her leaving-- but I could play a pony like this for awhile, I tell you.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

I am a bit struggling.
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2028404
    Also, couldn't understand how the skill costs work...

too tired to write the full story, but the general concept...

The Reindeers, are giving gifts at Wamrth Eve, but... things have changed, and they give most of the gifts to the Overseers.
    My character (vixen?)viewed it as corruption, and stole from them, and geft the poor.
    She was disowned, and also a wanted criminal by them.

She use her charms and wits to take from the corrupted, and gift the good doers/

22. - Top - End - #22

This is not too much at all! I like it a lot. I will see what the other players think.

Igor, I see. That is a good starting place for a story, but it'll need to be a little bit more fleshed out.

As for skills, their cost is relative to how much above or below they are in relation to the stat they are based off of. I can explain in more detail on Discord.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

It looked like anothet grey and dusty day at the labour hell, which junction 49 was.
    Taste of rust and iron, mixed with smell of sweat is what everypony exprience, lighted only by ancient led bulbs, which painted everyone in sickly pale pallet.
    Safety First, sat over a big metal wheel, face hoofing in despair.
    He took more then five minutes off, and he will get in trouble. He just didn't cared anymore.
    And then... into the smell of rust, and the heavy air of Sisyphean work, new smell sneaked in. Mint and sugar powder. Smell of holiday and coziness.

Safety raised his head from his forelegs, with eyes widened.
    She was a reindeer. A perfect beauty, like a doll of the beauty ideal of the reindeers. Fur white as snow, saphire eyes with silver, and royal curved anlters. She trotted so softly that she might as well, have been levitating. And she trotted toward him!
    Safety First blushed, and noticed almost too late, that of course she had company- a buff Earth Pony with a robotic foreleg- it was his boss!
    Short Leash!
    Safety First tried to mamble excuses, but Short Leash smiled warmly. "Here you go, a cup of cofee with coco, Safety my old pal!' The intimadting looking stallion offered him.
    "Tha-... thank you..." Safety said with hesitation.
    "Here you go, sweetie, doesn't it feel good?' The sweet reindeer nuzzled the bigger pony.
    '...Hmm... yeah..' he murmured, closing his eyes. "Now, about the date-" he turned to her, and only seen a silvery mist, which faded.
    "What the hay? Oddy Irre!'' He blinked and galloped looking for her.

Safety First was conused, and at his hooved were a small gift. Was it for him?
    There were a note. "How will you propose without this?' With a sticker of a smiling reindeer. The worker pony unwrapped the gift, and found there a ring.
    The ring he bought to propose Greasy Pie!
    Short Leash has confistcated the ring yesterday, because of his missing workdays when he was sick.
    And now.. it's back?
    The pony wiped a tear of happiness from the corner of his eye.

https://youtu.be/o3eytb1NvNM

Spoiler: Oddy Irre- The Gift Thief Reindeer
    Show

Oddy Dirre- Aka "Gift Thief' "Gift Taker"
    Race: Reindeer
    Job: Ex-Gift Giver, currently a gift thief and occasionaly a "gold digger".

Oddy has a perfect, almost artifical beauty, yet has a mysteriouse aura around her. Charming and sickengly sweet. She seems to be addicted for fun and festivity, and easily getting bored, and it seems she treat everything as a game.
    Inside, she actually has a grim and judgemental view, and she will deal what she view as justice, in way many, maybe most, will view immorale.
    Can you keep up?

Spoiler: Oddy's Story
    Show

"The Reindeer clan. Such a long history, that at least half of it, should be considered a myth. For long periods of time, most ponies have considered them as such.
    Were their culture found around Equestria? Or were they found as soon, as there were a civilization with gift exchanging holidays?
    They do visit other races then ponies, holidays of others are the sacred duty of the reindeer.
    Not always, others know what is the right present, able to gift or worse, REMEMBER to gift.
    But the North remember.
    All their magic and technology, thought imagination have moved toward ways to devolp the act of gifting effectively.
    Holidays are the foundation of any community- to halt the waves of the grey daily life, and stop, and appreciate what the community has and especialy itself.

Historic events might change the meaning of the holidays, or after THE war, so many have forgotten them at all.
    But the North remember.
    Wasteland, balefire bombs, radiation, nothing will make the reindeer to forget their sacred duty, as the Holiday Guardians of all civilizations."
    Or at least, that what Oddy remember from the first history lesson.
    She was so proud back then. Especially that as tradition dictated, the lesson was presented by the herd leader- her mother. This lesson, was the closest thing, the reindeers had to their own holiday. All of the time, they have studied the meaning of hundreds of holidays for dozens of civilizations, and what gifts should they receive and how to create them.
    So, for this history lesson, the community has gathered, and little Oddy, was so proud to be a reindeer!
    She was almost identical to her mother, and she inspired her classmates, and even older reindeers so much, with her enthusiasm and her faith in the Holiday Guarding Duty.
    She managed to ignore the factory that at some point were built, in what used to be haven of clean air, and village like community.
    Even the adult reindeers who became weaker and weary were something she managed to brush off, when she gave another speech in the World Holiday Library.
    Whispers, rumors and murmurs? To them Oddy were deaf. She will let nothing to spoil the spirit of the holiday!
    After all, killjoying and cynicism with a crime among the reindeers, and the Herd Leader made sure no reindeer will be a criminal! That would be silly...

Oddy dreamed to take a big part, at the gift giving, and creating- which of course, every role was equally important!
    But, Oddy, wanted to be on the front, meeting the ponies and other beings, which she had read so much about their customs and ideals!
    Her recruitment into Front Line unit were natural.
    Oddy's mother, Vixen, even led the unit.
    For Oddy Irre, this was a dream coming true!
    They led the sled, and trotted over what remained of the Empire. For her it was the most magical night! Even if the other reindeers beside her mother, were strangely apathic.

And they have gotten to Junction 46. Almost everypony worked as usual, ponies frowned at them, some even spat.
    This was.. wrong. Is this how Heart Warmth Eve look in real life? She has asked. The other reindeers just rolled their eyes.
    Vixen, were enchantingly charming, and calmed down the crowd with ease.
    "Where are we going? So many grumpy ponies, I am sure they would be happy to receive a gift.' Oddy has asked her mother, who giggled and cooed.
    'D'awww... aren't you a sweet thing? We are making sure their next generation will get the best Heart Warmth Eve!"
    Oddy nodded, but didn't understood.

They meet the Overseers of Junction 46, joining their feast and gave them and their families all the gifts.
    In exchange, they gave Vixen few suitcases?
    It was the first time, that Oddy had to force herself to be in a party.
    Also, some of the guards looked at her, in a way that made her blush.
    This night she didn't knew what was it exactly, but something in her heart has shattered.

Later, she tried to speak with her mother, who had a very elaborate explanation, that the orthodox method of creating and deilvering gifts, isn't practical anymore, and if they want more to get gifts they HAD to industrialize, and for that, funds are needed. So it better to focus the gift givings for those who help devolp the industry.
    Vixen made it sound right, but for Oddy it felt terribly wrong.
    On the next year, with her ability to see the past of any potential gift, she managed to see, how many of what the Overseers owned came by force.
    And she and all the reindeers have supported them, and Vixen with a wink and a smile, made it look shiny and pretty.

Oddy, grabbed as much of gifts as she could, and ran away, delivering them, to those she believed deserve and need this.
    Vixen has disowned her, and activly hunting to retrieve the rogue reindeer who has decided to take. What a heresy!
    Oddy has learned to use her charms like her mother, and also some questionable skills at retrieving objects from ponies she believed to by unworthy.
    But she is always on the run, and when she will anger enough ponies, she might be in real troubles.

I really hope the english isn't too broken, and I must to thank Digo and Elboyon, for their help with GURPS.
    Exciting yet confusing system, thank you for holding my hand.
    I am still considering the names.
    Oddy Ire, is a double pun, Vixen is one of the reindeeds from the song.
    Even the name Hanukah is on the table

Edit: Here the sheet

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2029259
    What else is needed?
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2019-10-07 at 03:05 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

It is readable, igor. As an teaching assistant in a college English department, I've seen worse from native English speakers.

As for the content, I can see such a character working well. If the players vote you in, we will help you along as best we can with the English.

Tell me, is 'Irre' a pun off the book by the same name?

And, if I might make a suggestion, you might look at a few more skills. Acrobatics, for example, is always helpful. And if you are shooting for the status of diplo-mancer, then more diplomatic skills might be a good investment. For example, body language, detect lies, and the like.
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2019-10-07 at 11:04 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Woho! I don't want to admit how much I refreshed this page out of the tension!

Ah. No. It's more silly.
    When you read Oddy Irre, it sound like "Oh Dear', which of course sound like "Oh deer"

Right.
    Acrobatics, body launuage, detect lies and maybe more. On it!

Edit: I edited the skills around a bit.
    Also, how should I go about equipment?
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2019-10-08 at 12:50 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26

Sorry, igor. Got a bit busy there these past few days and just now noticed this post. My sincerest apologies.

Anyway, as per TL 7, you have 15000 caps to spend on equipment, unless you've modified your wealth somehow.

As for skills, take what makes sense for the character, though be sure to read the descriptions carefully. Some of them do more or less than you think they would. I think you have the basics down. Now you might look at supplementary ones, like Carousing and 'Hobby Skills', if Oddy has any hobbies.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

I used hobby skills and the such, I believe, that on this depaetmwnt I ak ready.
    Ok. Now time for shoooopings!
    Thank you again for this opppurtinity

28. - Top - End - #28

No problem!

Alright, it is now Friday. I am going to go ahead and cut things off here and say no new applications.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Whoops. Oh well, will have to see what this turns into.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...2f8NA/htmlview

Well, here is Pepper's sheet; I've been working on it with some invaluable help from the DM and will be outfitting her inventory through the weekend