The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Pathfinder - Homebrew "Crime and Punishment"

Good bye! Good bye! Good bye!
    Last edited by Gypsy52; 2019-10-09 at 03:39 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Pathfinder - Homebrew "Crime and Punishment"

Good bye! Good bye! Good bye!
    Last edited by Gypsy52; 2019-10-09 at 03:39 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Hey. Everthing about this sounds nice, just a question. What races are available?
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the awesome avvy.

Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    It can also turn into a Star wars debate.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Posting interest.
    I have a couple of questions.
    First, would you allow this class I created?
    Second, I didn't understand this
    Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it? Dual-classing (see #7) without restrictions, use best stat/attribute.
    Third, I'm not sure what this means.
    D For each 18 stat you buy, you bump +1 level
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I love the concept, so I'm definitely posting interest. I've got an elf barbarian or monk in the works using a very high speed with combat patrol that could be shifted into a high speed pick pocket pretty easily.

I'm afraid I'm a little unclear on some aspects. Is it a play by post or are there actual sessions.

You mention both single class and dual classes. Are dual classes gestalt?

It looks like the point buy isn't the standard pathfinder point buy system, is there a different name for it so I can look it up?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

I am interested depending out how some questions are answered.

The way you talk about dual classing to me sounds like the unearthed arcana gestalt rules?

With your version of point buy. I feel that everybody is going to end up with 3 18s, which would make everybody be level 3 to start. Characters would have 3-18s, a 14, a 12 and a 10 as the arrangement, as most character only need to really care about two or three stats. Then to have them gain levels based on the number of 18s? I feel it would be easier to just set a level starting point higher than 1 for the sake of less confusion.

Would this Fighter be acceptable?

7. - Top - End - #7

Your formatting is completely broken. You've got nothing but 1s.

There is no player's handbook for pathfinder. "dual-classing" is a thing you have invented and do not explain at any point.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Not sure if this is a troll post or not. The big 16 is all 1's, it's a double post, and there's tons of new rules thrown in that have no explanation. If it isn't, sorry for assuming but what's presented doesn't seem very clear or thought out.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by exelsisxax View Post

There is no player's handbook for pathfinder. "dual-classing" is a thing you have invented and do not explain at any point.
    There is an advanced player guide. It has most of the base classes.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the awesome avvy.

Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    It can also turn into a Star wars debate.

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldeWolf View Post
    There is an advanced player guide. It has most of the base classes.
    If the OP is referring to that, then he appears to be banning all core classes.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldeWolf View Post
    Hey. Everthing about this sounds nice, just a question. What races are available?
    All the basic races from the Core Rulebook/Players Guide (Elf, Half-elf, Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Halfling, half- Orc, etc.). I'll consider original homebrew, and from other books.
    Last edited by Gypsy52; 2019-10-06 at 01:12 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    Posting interest.
    I have a couple of questions.
    First, would you allow this class I created?
    Second, I didn't understand this

Third, I'm not sure what this means.
    First - Sorry no... it's a bit too prestige for my liking.
    Second - Dual/Multi-classed character use the better. Fighter/Thief would use HP for the fighter not an average, or which ever class affords the most feats or attributes, etc.
    Third - during your level point buy, if you elect to spend the points for an 18 stat, then you also gain a starting level.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by thegoldenfedora View Post
    I love the concept, so I'm definitely posting interest. I've got an elf barbarian or monk in the works using a very high speed with combat patrol that could be shifted into a high speed pick pocket pretty easily.

I'm afraid I'm a little unclear on some aspects. Is it a play by post or are there actual sessions.

You mention both single class and dual classes. Are dual classes gestalt?

It looks like the point buy isn't the standard pathfinder point buy system, is there a different name for it so I can look it up?
    It is Play-by-Post and I would like at least two posting/responses each week; before 10pm CT
    Dual/Multi-classing see my answer to Razorback...
    This is my own point-buy for this game. Hope it works for you.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    I am interested depending out how some questions are answered.

The way you talk about dual classing to me sounds like the unearthed arcana gestalt rules?

With your version of point buy. I feel that everybody is going to end up with 3 18s, which would make everybody be level 3 to start. Characters would have 3-18s, a 14, a 12 and a 10 as the arrangement, as most character only need to really care about two or three stats. Then to have them gain levels based on the number of 18s? I feel it would be easier to just set a level starting point higher than 1 for the sake of less confusion.

Would this Fighter be acceptable?
    Dual/Multi-classing is very similar, I agree.
    Yes you could run heavy/light and get those other levels if you so desire. Or tone-down and have a more rounded character.
    I don't think I'll allow your retooled fighter... it's not exactly original, but it reads interesting.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Sorry about the formatting fubar, that what happens when you copy/paste and don't recheck

Dual-classing (2 classes) vs. Multi-classing (2 or more classes) Red Delicious vs Granny Smith... it's still apples to apples. See my response to Razorback, let my know if you still have questions.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Shub-Niggurath View Post
    Not sure if this is a troll post or not. The big 16 is all 1's, it's a double post, and there's tons of new rules thrown in that have no explanation. If it isn't, sorry for assuming but what's presented doesn't seem very clear or thought out.
    Hopefully I fixed my fubar in the BIG 16. What do I need to explain further, I'll gladly try. Sometimes the mind thinks but the pen doesn't cooperate in communicating those thoughts. And since my last stroke that's highly possible .

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

If the OP is referring to that, then he appears to be banning all core classes.
    No I'm not banning the core races or classes. I play multiple RPGs and sometimes get the book names crossed... Core Rules, Player Guide, Rule Book; what ever name works.

Oh BTW: I will consider those from the advanced books and original homebrew.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Dude.

There is a thing called multi-classing. Fighter 2/Rogue 2. That's a level 4 character, with 2d10 and 2d8 for hit points, +3 base attack (2 from fighter, 1 from rogue), 2 fighter bonus feats and one rogue talent, and so on.

There is another thing called "gestalt". Fighter 2//Rogue 2. That's a level 2 character, with 2d10 for HD, +2 Base Attack (from fighter), 8 skills points/level (from rogue), and so on.

And then there is something that you call "dual class" that no-one understands because it's not a word in use, and you haven't explained it at all.
    Semper ludens.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

You can most multiple replies in the same post, you don't need to post 7 times in a row.

First - Sorry no... it's a bit too prestige for my liking.
    Second - Dual/Multi-classed character use the better. Fighter/Thief would use HP for the fighter not an average, or which ever class affords the most feats or attributes, etc.
    Third - during your level point buy, if you elect to spend the points for an 18 stat, then you also gain a starting level.
    1st: That's not a prestige class, it's a 20 level base class. Prestige classes are something you have to build toward and qualify for by taking base class levels, so I don't understand how that class is "too prestige" when it shares no traits of a prestige class.

2nd: What are you talking about? Multiclass characters use the rules for the class you take at the given level. At level 1 when you take fighter, you gain everything a level 1 fighter gets. At level 2 you take a level of rogue and gain everything a level 1 rogue gets. You're now level 2 and add everything a level 1 fighter gets and a level 1 rogue gets. You don't "use the better" and truthfully, I'm not even sure what that means. Is a bonus feat better than sneak attack when it comes to "attributes?" How do I decide which is "the better attribute?" There is no "dual classing" in pathfinder. There was dual classing in 2nd edition DnD. If you're using "dual classing" it's a variant rule not covered in the pathfinder rule set and therefore needs to have its mechanics explained... "Dual/Multi-classed character use the better. Fighter/Thief would use HP for the fighter not an average, or which ever class affords the most feats or attributes, etc." doesn't explain anything.

3rd: Being level 3, compared to level 1 is a huge advantage, and there would be literally no reason not to do it that way if you were a player. Having "more spread out" stats is usually not as good as being hyper focused anyway, and especially if it means that you're going to also be 2 levels behind the hyper focused characters. I don't understand what your trying to achieve by making the players different levels (though they wont be because no one will opt to be more spread out stat wise AND 2 levels lower) or encouraging min maxing like that.
    Last edited by Shub-Niggurath; 2019-10-06 at 08:50 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Still morbidly curious about what the hell is going on here. First, a clarification: is english your native language?

The big 16 are super redundant. Use the new set.
    Spoiler
    Show
    System: (e.g. D&D 3.5e, 4e, GURPS, etc.)
    Player Count: (Number of Players)
    Style of Play: (Type of Game, e.g. Hack & Slash, Roleplay, Sandbox)
    Allowed Content: (List of Allowed Content)

Book #1
    Book #2
    Book ##

Character Creation: (Character Sheet Generation)
    Backstory: (Required?)
    Experience: (e.g. 5th Level)
    Wealth: (e.g. Standard WBL)
    Ability Scores: (e.g. Rolled 4d6b3)
    Hitpoints/Health: (e.g. Average, Rolled, Max)
    Alignment: (Restrictions?)
    Other Notes: (Anything Else You Want to Add)

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by truemane; 2019-10-09 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Scrubbed

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

I am 99.9% sure when the OP is referring to dual class he actually means Gestalt.

Plus, i am not worried about people maybe being level 3 as opposed to level 1. Because as I pointed out everybody is going to have 3-18s (See me above example) I'd be hard pressed to find a class that needed more than 3 most classes will function just fine with 1 or 2.

22. - Top - End - #22

NecromancerGuy

Seems interesting. Should have the beginnings of a sheet later once I decide between a skinwalker witch or some sort of dhampir.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Plus, i am not worried about people maybe being level 3 as opposed to level 1. Because as I pointed out everybody is going to have 3-18s (See me above example) I'd be hard pressed to find a class that needed more than 3 most classes will function just fine with 1 or 2.
    That's why I'm not sure why it's even an option... shouldn't this just be a 3rd level game?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shub-Niggurath View Post
    That's why I'm not sure why it's even an option... shouldn't this just be a 3rd level game?
    I totally agree.

I feel that the OP honestly didn't know that 99% of all classes works with 2 or 3 - 18s and that is why he gave that option thinking that ( id say in part becuase of GiTP) that some need all 6?

25. - Top - End - #25

NecromancerGuy

So that's me mostly done with the mechanics I think.

A few questions:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy52 View Post
    D [COLOR=#ff0000]For each 18 stat you buy, you bump +1 level.
    I just noticed this and am unsure what that means, are you giving characters with 18s the ability to start at a higher character level? if so why? It's an odd choice.

Also do we select traits and is it the standard golarion deity list?

Could you give some more detail on the setting as well please? I'm making a native of the city and information on local figures, culture, the surrounding country, ect, would help. Which races are abundant would also help in picking languages.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

{Scrubbed}

I will admit that yes there are flaws, what system doesn't have any? Some players want to be the all powerful wizard behind the curtain. Power-mongers steal the fun for other players.

So, to those of you sincerely interested, hold up on creating characters while I re-explore my BIG 16, and give a little more insight with my teaser. Thank you for understanding!
    Last edited by truemane; 2019-10-09 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Scrubbed

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy52 View Post
    Well, apparently too many people would rather be critical and show off their knowledge (BTW I really dislike critical showoffs). I was trying something new, if you don't like it, don't play it!

I will admit that yes there are flaws, what system doesn't have any? Some players want to be the all powerful wizard behind the curtain. Power-mongers steal the fun for other players.

So, to those of you sincerely interested, hold up on creating characters while I re-explore my BIG 16, and give a little more insight with my teaser. Thank you for understanding!
    I do not think people are being critical. It just you are using terms that do not exist within the game mechanics and we are all trying to figure out what you mean by that particular term. You have yet to answer that question even though it has been asked multiple times.

The idea behind the game sound great. But if a very critical mechanic is included in character creation, that mechanic needs to be explained.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

OK FOLKS... a new teaser and BIG 16 have been updated.
    Questions? Comments? Suggestions?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

I still have no idea what you're trying to say with the multiclassing rules. As ngilop said above: it's not that people are being "critical showoffs". It's that you are saying things that don't make sense and offering no further explanation for them. The "3/1" thing for multiclass characters, for example. Are you saying that multiclass characters get to be level four while single-class is level three? But then what do you mean by "D Attributes/Feats for multi-class are: 150% of primary; but the 50% are to be applied for the secondary class(es)."?

It's fine to have unique rules of your own design, but you have to actually explain those rules and how they work.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Not trying to be a critical show off or anything but can you give an example of 150% of a feat?

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by truemane; 2019-10-09 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Scrubbed