The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 361 to 390 of 496
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Zarrachia, Ellie & Adria
    Lysia does not look happy at Ellie's revelation that Koma wants to hand the key to her secret city over to some shady characters. The Wardmeister hums at her suggestion. "We have arable land and a food stockpile. I don't know if it'll be enough, or if awarding that to someone other than the citizens of Nex is within my remit. I'll need to think that over. It'd render Hekephra's position hard to maintain if we were called upon to fulfill our intended duty as a refuge. And even if I were to say yes..."

    This is where she turns to Zarrachia, ready to fill in the explanation of what she'd meant before. "To maintain grassland at this level requires a strong, uncontaminated water supply. Hekephra draws upon six underground rivers and ducts connected to two nearby lakes, filtering any outside contaminants before fluids enter our city through a series of facilities on the outskirts. Three days ago, something happened. Water Purification Node Sigma went dead. The entire facility simply stopped functioning. Hekephra is warded against scrying magic, and the guards I've sent to investigate the facility... have not returned."

    Not great to hear. Lysia sighs, before gesturing to the four of you. "You got down here all right. You're clearly capable souls who can handle yourselves in a fight. My guard are dedicated, but our forms are slight and they lack combat experience. Enter Node Sigma, fix whatever's gone wrong, and you'll have restored our city's operational capacity to full. It'll leave me in a position to at least countenance the idea of donating our foodstocks to your friend."

    Peridora looks like she wants to check and see if she's included as a 'clearly capable' adventurer, but for the sake of politeness decides to refrain. Lysia looks to Ellie, "I can't make promises until the node is restored and we can get an adequate picture of coming harvests. But I'll do what I can."

  2. - Top - End - #362
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Ellie slowly gets up. One of their water supplies is compromised? That does parallel info she had picked up with the light map.

    "Well, I guess if repairing your water system puts us in a better negotiation position, I... I'll try to help get it running again."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  3. - Top - End - #363
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Upstate NY

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    "Well, since the well being of Hekephra directly effects the well being of Oenopion, it's in my interest to help you, negotiations or no."

    It's a desert up above, and they've got whole rivers of fresh water down here. It's just ... wrong, somehow.

    Zarra frowns for a moment and gestures towards her sword. "I'm afraid my equipment was intended for small enforcement actions, not fights with packs of undead. Could I trouble you for the loan of some better equipment?"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Let's see if Zara can get some magical loot out of this. Given the resources down here, a magical rapier and maybe some leather armor would be nice. Maybe they have something put aside for arming the eventual refugees.

  4. - Top - End - #364
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Syless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    "I would be willing to go on this mission as a gesture of goodwill, but..." She looks at Peridora. "May I ask that Peridora be allowed to stay behind? I don't want to put her in danger." She then looks at Ellie. "Also, where did you get that wand, even?"
    Avatar by SeraphicMayin

  5. - Top - End - #365
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Syless View Post
    She then looks at Ellie. "Also, where did you get that wand, even?"
    Ellie scratches Widget under his chin. "Um, it was something the Grand Alchemist had. He was going to gift it to one of the delagates that's coming over for the ball."

    "Oh. Guess that happened already... The ball I mean. I suppose that's that then. I'm doomed..."
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-11-05 at 03:06 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #366
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Syless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Adria looks. "He was... giving it away? To who?"
    Avatar by SeraphicMayin

  7. - Top - End - #367
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Syless View Post
    Adria looks. "He was... giving it away? To who?"
    "Elm... No, it was Absalom! Someone named Absalom was to receive the wand as a gift. I was not made aware at all that the wand was so valuable. I wonder if the Grand Alchemist knew?"
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-11-05 at 03:23 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Estralita's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Raka awkwardly shrugs. It had been so long since she had had comrades to speak with, and these two seemed so different from her old tribe. Everyone knew exactly who the others were, and what they were capable of. These two, especially the wizard(?) were mysteries. She didn't exactly want to give out her life story, but she did want to know what they could do.

    "I believe we were interrupted earlier, but I maybe once we all know what we can do, we can come up with a plan. You-" Raka nods towards Bel."-never mentioned your sword. I haven't heard of many wizards who use swords."
    Avatar of Lukas Stormlord the Paladin done by the Lovely Ceika!

  9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Gwynfrid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Belginabo's heart lifts when the Vudrani woman calls him a comrade. Until now, he'd been under the impression she saw him with a a degree of doubt or even disdain, so he must have been doing something right in her eyes.

    "I'm doing fine, fine! Maybe a little tired I mean but at the same time this is really exciting what with all we found down here. Okay, I hadn't realized this place would be this dangerous at least not this way I was thinking more like falling rocks and dark tunnels but not bloodsucking bats. But with two great fighters like you two ladies I feel like we can make it well at least about the monsters. And we need to be a team and I for one am proud to be part of it with you.

    Now let's not forget Lady Adria and Peridora and there may be some others down here too what with this wand that made them disappear unless it was something else since the wand isn't supposed to be magical. And then it seems we uncovered some plot against the whole city! With this knight nasty with the pink hair and..."
    He doesn't finish. The similarity with Okoro strikes him, but he doesn't know what to make of it.

    He turns to answer the goblin warrior-lady's question. "The rapier'rune is a gift from my master the great Zalenko!" Proudly, he takes the weapon out, showing off the green light from its magical source. "It's really kind of him since he took me for his apprentice only er... this morning. So I haven't had a chance to learn many spells, much less fight spells. I know a couple but I learnt to make do with whatever tool is at hand not a great experienced combatant like you strong ladies but in fact I am more confident with this at the moment..." He sheathes the rapier. "Then maybe you're right. I need to see if my magic can be turned to battle use. You know what, I think I have an idea for this..."
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2019-11-05 at 04:51 PM.
    DM in Mummy's Mask I, II, III | Belginabo in Legacy of Nex | Avatar courtesy of Neoseph7

  10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Adria, Zarrachia & Ellie
    "Absalom is the city at the centre of the world. Lord Nex tried to conquer it once. And now one of his appointed successors wishes to hand a crux key over to the Arodenites without so much as a fight."

    Lysia looks like she's not quite sure if she should scream or laugh at that. Both seem to be tempting her. At Zarrachia's suggestion she nods, "I can have something made available to you." Returning to her desk, she briefly scribbles something on a perhaps inch high piece of paper, before returning and passing it back to Zarrachia. "That should serve. Present it at Stores Directorate and they should be able to find something appropriate for your size and preferences. Bring Note Sigma back online, it's yours to keep."

    That seems to be it for the Wardmeister's immediate contribution to this conversation. Peridora meanwhile looks up at her favorite priestess, a little wounded by her request. "M... Miss Adria, you need me. There's only three of you here, and you don't know what the problem is. I can help. I helped against the Augurs, didn't I?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Not gonna call for a roll here, Peridora will accept if you tell her no. I just want to hear how Adria puts it. Also since I think this is wrapping up, do any of the rest of you have anything you want to do before heading off to Node Sigma to try and see what's what?

    Also don't worry tooo much about loot OOC. I'm planning for you to make up what you're behind on in a few ways ahead. Zarrachia will get her upgrade, but that's not the only loot on the table here.

  11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    The gnome was certainly talkative. Sachni welcomed his enthusiasm. It helped to lift her spirits. He expressed great faith in Sachni and Raka's strength. Time would tell whether that faith was justified. When the conversation turned to Belginabo's combat style, the monk raised an eyebrow. His approach was very different to her own.

    "I'd recommend having a clear plan for self improvement. Know the path you intend to walk. If you allow idle whims to guide you, then the resulting style will be brittle."

    Sachni had lived her whole life by these maxims. Every step she took was laid out in advance; At least, until now. She gulped down the last bite of her meal. Then, brushing crumbs off her clothes, she stood up. She'd rested long enough.

    "Is everyone ready to depart?"

  12. - Top - End - #372
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    Adria, Zarrachia & Ellie
    "Absalom is the city at the centre of the world. Lord Nex tried to conquer it once. And now one of his appointed successors wishes to hand a crux key over to the Arodenites without so much as a fight."

    Lysia looks like she's not quite sure if she should scream or laugh at that. Both seem to be tempting her. At Zarrachia's suggestion she nods, "I can have something made available to you." Returning to her desk, she briefly scribbles something on a perhaps inch high piece of paper, before returning and passing it back to Zarrachia. "That should serve. Present it at Stores Directorate and they should be able to find something appropriate for your size and preferences. Bring Note Sigma back online, it's yours to keep."

    That seems to be it for the Wardmeister's immediate contribution to this conversation. Peridora meanwhile looks up at her favorite priestess, a little wounded by her request. "M... Miss Adria, you need me. There's only three of you here, and you don't know what the problem is. I can help. I helped against the Augurs, didn't I?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Not gonna call for a roll here, Peridora will accept if you tell her no. I just want to hear how Adria puts it. Also since I think this is wrapping up, do any of the rest of you have anything you want to do before heading off to Node Sigma to try and see what's what?

    Also don't worry tooo much about loot OOC. I'm planning for you to make up what you're behind on in a few ways ahead. Zarrachia will get her upgrade, but that's not the only loot on the table here.
    Ellie Sprocket

    "Ms. Wardmeister," Ellie speaks up, "From what I gathered at the light map within the other... facility I explored, the interfaces make extensive use of the elemental languages. I was able to piece together some things based on my knowledge of Terran and Ancient Osiriani, but what should we do if we reach the node and we are not able to... well, if we cannot read the instruction manual to repair it?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  13. - Top - End - #373
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Zarrachia, Adria & Ellie
    "That's easy kid. There isn't a manual for the system at all. So you're safe!"

    The Wardmeister laughs, before shaking her head slowly. "Shouldn't be too complicated to figure out, might be as simple as one missing part, but if you can't, it's not a big deal. Just make sure the facility's safe for my support staff to head back inside after you've figured out whatever went wrong. That's the most important part."

  14. - Top - End - #374
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    Zarrachia, Adria & Ellie
    "That's easy kid. There isn't a manual for the system at all. So you're safe!"

    The Wardmeister laughs, before shaking her head slowly. "Shouldn't be too complicated to figure out, might be as simple as one missing part, but if you can't, it's not a big deal. Just make sure the facility's safe for my support staff to head back inside after you've figured out whatever went wrong. That's the most important part."
    'No manual? How is there no manual?! How can you ever pass on scientific knowledge to future generations if you don't write it down?! This is EXACTLY why the arcane arts has lost so much spell research. Greedy magical fools.' would be Ellie's argument, but she hasn't the desire to debate anyone small enough for Widget to arm wrestle. Thus, Ellie just nods and agrees.

    "Alright, then... guess we'll clear out the node and tell you when it's done."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Estralita's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Raka wasn't certain what to say in response to Sachni's words. Certainly, her tribe believed the same. And she had rebelled, leaving them behind, and leaving herself without a plan or any support. Rather than serving as a protector of her people, she was forced into whatever work was there. Even now, she had no real idea of what her path was, other than surviving to the next day. And yet, she wouldn't say that she was wrong to leave.

    Fortunately, Sachni moved on before she had a chance to say anything. "Yes. I can try to track our missing persons, although it's not my specialty."
    Avatar of Lukas Stormlord the Paladin done by the Lovely Ceika!

  16. - Top - End - #376
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Syless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Adria looks Peridora in the eye and sighs. "I... want you to be safe. I couldn't stand it if something happened to you. If I were to bring you along, I'd want some sort of insurance, something you could do to get away in case of emergency..." She looks to Lysia. "Do you have anything like that? A potion of invisibility or sanctuary? I... wasn't expecting to have to bring her anywhere dangerous, or I would've prepared the spell myself."
    Avatar by SeraphicMayin

  17. - Top - End - #377
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Gwynfrid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    "A... plan?" The gnome looks at Sachni, with a puzzled look on his face. He's probably never planned his life for more than a few weeks ahead. "Well, if an idea doesn't work, I usually have four or five others I can try, you see. Failing is learning, my dad told me when I left home." He pauses to reflect.

    "Well of course that's only true if you don't get killed in the process of failing. But then Dad never was in a fight in his life, for him failure was missing a beat in the song. So maybe I ought to think over what you said." He looks at Raka. The goblin seems about to say something, but chooses not to. Belginabo stands up. "Right you are, let's get to it. The more time it takes, the more their lives are in danger!"
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2019-11-08 at 02:01 AM.
    DM in Mummy's Mask I, II, III | Belginabo in Legacy of Nex | Avatar courtesy of Neoseph7

  18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    The group set off once again. Sachni let Raka take the lead. The goblin's tracking skills might prove invaluable. Searching every tunnel at random would be time consuming; And possibly fatal. They needed to narrow things down. Sachni kept watch for any trace of other travellers. Whether friend or foe, she wanted to know who else was down here.

  19. - Top - End - #379
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Zarrachia, Adria, Ellie
    Lyria hums at the suggestion. "I... actually might have something similar to hand. One moment." She leans down at her desk, starting to rummage through a draw before finally finding something. She withdraws a small silver ring, an interlocking band of three strands held together, fluttering across to Peridora and handing it to her. The little mage squeaks as the artifact shifts, seeming to grow bigger just as she holds it.

    The Wardmeister smiles, beginning to wave her hands as light blue energy rises up around them. "Twist it on your finger to vanish. Take care."

    There's a flash of light. After the four traveller's blink they're all back outside the Wardmeister's Tower, in Hekephra proper. Zarrachia has a stop to make at the Supplies Directorate for some new equipment. That'll take some time, time the other members of the group might be able to use. But after that they've got a mission to attend to. If they want a chance to get out of this strange underground city, they're going to need to find out just what is wrong with Node Sigma and why water distribution has stopped and...

    Wait, didn't the Wardmeister say everyone she sent before this to check it out ended up not coming back? As in... they're probably all dead?

    ... This is likely not going to be easy.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You're out of the office, city's at your disposal, as are the Homunculi who are all still pretty friendly towards you guys. Last chance to do things before I advance you to Node Sigma. Xacha, that post will include Zarra's new gear.


    Belginabo, Sachni, Raka
    Emboldened by their brief chance to rest, the three members of the rescue party press on, undeterred by the obstacles that have arisen beneath the earth. Whatever fate might have in store for them, they came down here to rescue a priestess and a child and the three do not intend to leave with their mission anything less than complete

    That said, it grows harder to maintain that good mood as they progress. There are no signs of any activity in the tunnels they start passing through, and thus Raka is left to guess at what path might lead them closer to their quarry. For now the trio stick closely to the minecart tracks, reasoning them to be the most structurally sound part of the tunnel complex. If there are sentient survivors in the depths, odds are good they too kept close to the tracks, so sooner or later a trail should emerge.

    After a while spent in silent travel, the trio come to what seems like a larger cavern, where the track splits in two. One scaffolded section spans a great ravine, providing a rickety looking bridge over a gap that seems deeper than the three's eyes can make out the bottom of in the gloom. The alternate angle curves, leading deeper into the lower reaches of the mine. Less than ideal, but still almost certainly safer than trying to cross the bridge.

    Yet before Raka can lead the group onward, something changes. A point of amber light flickers dimly to life on the far side of the cavern, across the bridge from the group. And the click-clack-click-clack of minecart wheels begins to break the silence. There's a minecart running on the track over there?

    Raka squints. It looks like the track on the far side is set to traverse that side alone - not to bring the cart across the bridge. If the three friends want to see what's going on, they will have to cross to investigate.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, you guys are in Exploration Mode, and nothing about what your doing seems to greatly imply a specific action. That said running away from the mineshaft like that might've mucked with your bearings a bit - someone give me a Survival check to make sure you've kept your barings relative to the map.

    Also, you've got a pathing choice to make

  20. - Top - End - #380
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Gwynfrid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    "Oooh, let's go look at what's going on there... Right? Right?" Belginabo all but begs for his companions' approval.
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2019-11-10 at 10:59 AM.
    DM in Mummy's Mask I, II, III | Belginabo in Legacy of Nex | Avatar courtesy of Neoseph7

  21. - Top - End - #381
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're out of the office, city's at your disposal, as are the Homunculi who are all still pretty friendly towards you guys. Last chance to do things before I advance you to Node Sigma. Xacha, that post will include Zarra's new gear.
    Since Ellie doesn't have anything pressing to do other than fix node Sigma, she will return to the quarters and let the goblins know what is going on, and how she's trying to work out an alternative way to feed their tribe instead of delivering the wand, since that wand can grant access to this underground city and in the wrong hands it would be very bad.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  22. - Top - End - #382
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Sachni didn't like the look of that bridge. Were she alone, she might risk it. Her balance was finely honed. But even if her teammates were equally dexterous (unlikely), sending a trio across would be foolhardy. Sachni's anxiety grew when she saw signs of movement on the other side. Enemies? She ducked behind cover, and motioned for her comrades to follow suit. Her voice dropped to a whisper.

    "We can't cross until we know what's on the other side. In mid crossing, we'd be sitting ducks for an enemy attack. They might even be able to break the bridge."

    She peered across the void. Was there any life there?

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+4)[7]

  23. - Top - End - #383
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Ellie, Zarrachia, Adria
    Ellie's news goes down poorly with the goblins. Koma tries to smile through it, but trading away a certain offer of enough food for the chance to negotiate for some is not something the trio great with overwhelming enthusiasm. Still, Ellie manages to get the three to agree to at least wait patiently until the others had finished clearing Node Sigma and they'd talked with the Wardmeister before ruling it out entirely. Just before she leaves the room though, Koma whispers in her ear.

    "We not have to listen to silly flappy things. They not look tough. We want out, we get out, with wand. Koma start work on great escape plan, so Ellie not have to make choice!"

    And before she can object, the Cindersnout charges out ahead of her, running off to somewhere in the distance. Hopefully he'll wait on enacting the escape plan until after they've tried to work things out with Lysia

    Zarrachia has no problems finding rumours on the subject of Node Sigma! A little time spent on Hekephra's lower levels is enough to see to that - this is the area closest to the arrable land, and thus to the water plants. Unfortunately most of the rumours confirm what the quartet had already been told - everyone who was at Node Sigma when it went down didn't come back and neither did the guards sent in. There's a lot of speculation and possibilities offered - a virus entered the filtration system and afflicted the facility, the lead engineer went crazy and killed everyone, but Zarra can tell none of the homunculi have any solid information. Their guess is as good as hers.

    Still, she manages to get her requisitions through. Soon she's clad in leathers that match the colours of Hekephra's Guard, with a new blade at her side complete with a blue rune burning upon the guard. It's all sized appropriately, fitted for her. The city watch in Oenopion don't get treatment this fine. The tailor looks her in the eye, a little pleadingly. "If you give me a half hour, I can get you a cape and trim to go with it?" he offers. Getting to test his craft on larger beings is intoxicating to the little craftsman

    Spoiler
    Show
    Add a +1 rapier and leather armor to your inventory, Xacha.

    Belginabo, Sachni, Raka
    Sachni can't make out anybody on the other side of the bridge. Which is strange in itself. Who lit the lantern? But there's no outcrops or hiding spots on that side - nowhere for an ambusher to hide even if this was a trap. Save the mouth of one of the nearby caverns, but that's not exactly good positioning - the group will have plenty of time to react if someone emerges from there.

  24. - Top - End - #384
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Upstate NY

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Zarra is too much of a sneak thief to accept any additions that could get caught on things.

    Still ... wouldn't it be a hit at the next office party?

    "Thanks for the offer, but I really need to give moving. I'll look you up once I get back."

  25. - Top - End - #385
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    "We not have to listen to silly flappy things. They not look tough. We want out, we get out, with wand. Koma start work on great escape plan, so Ellie not have to make choice!"

    And before she can object, the Cindersnout charges out ahead of her, running off to somewhere in the distance. Hopefully he'll wait on enacting the escape plan until after they've tried to work things out with Lysia
    That's... not the way Ellie had hoped Koma would react, but it would seem that it was the logical reaction because the goblin doesn't have any vested interest in this place. What's an underground city worth to a goblin?

    Oh boy, this is gonna be a problem, isn't it?
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  26. - Top - End - #386
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Syless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Once ejected from the Wardmeister's chambers, Adria turns to Peridora. "If something happens to any of us, use that and come back here, alright? Even if you have to stay here, it's better than the alternative." That taken care of... she doesn't really have anything she needs. Maybe an outfit more suited to danger than her robes from the surface. "Peridora, would you like to come shopping with me? The others seem to have pressing matters to attend to."
    Avatar by SeraphicMayin

  27. - Top - End - #387
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Gwynfrid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    "Don't worry! If I see anything wrong, I'll run back right away!"

    Unable to contain his curiosity, Belginabo advances on the bridge.
    DM in Mummy's Mask I, II, III | Belginabo in Legacy of Nex | Avatar courtesy of Neoseph7

  28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Sachni felt a sickening rush of deja vu. The gnome's lack of pattern recognition was amazing. The tall woman leant down, and placed a hand on Belginabo's shoulder.

    "Not this time. This time, we go together."

    She still had her doubts about the bridge. But she refused to stand back while someone else took the risk. She would face it alongside her comrade.

  29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Peridora nods, intent on not being left behind. She follows Adria through her trip to Hekephra's storehouses, ready to find whatever the priestess judged their expedition to need. Thankfully the storehouses are well supplied, and the receptionist is quite accommodating - it does not take Adria long to complete her quest.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Whatever you're after, feel free to add.


    Adria, Zarrachia, Ellie
    Soon enough the four of you are walking down Hekephra's streets towards the base area of the city, where the homunculi have been conducting their ordained experiment in creating fertile land. It seems at a glance to be a resounding success - you step off cobbled streets onto long grass, with apple trees overhanging the lake that forms the bottom of the cavern Hekephra is build around. From this angle, you can see clearly a host of underground waterways that converge on this point, and the fields that the homunculi have striven to plant. There really is a good amount of tilled farmland already here that could make someone in the upper city a fortune.

    Assuming they're able to take it from the homunculi, of course.

    It doesn't take the quartet long to find Node Sigma. Each of the rivers run towards the cavern wall, where they are met by a small fortification. And only one riverbank is dry. Walking up to the small, squatly square building cut into the side of the rock, you make out a patrol of Homunculi Wand Guards out here already, roosting in a tree as they watch the open gate.

    One flaps down to join you as you approach, not moving to stop the group. The wrinkled brow and hefty looking crossbow make it clear at a glance that Yara is here, and the old construct manages a faint smile for his newfound friends. "Hey kids. Wardmeister asked me to help you out. Said my 'sunny disposition' made me suited to working with you. You'll need a homunculus to access some controls in the purification node anyway, and... well, I guess I wasn't doing anything important."

    He takes the lead, escorting the group up a flight of stairs towards the mouth of the gateway. Looking in, Node Sigma's entry hall seems massive, sprawling and somewhat grimy. There's a channel where the river should be flowing through, but it's not reached this point yet. Beyond that the room has pipes, valves, a series of displays, and a set of doors on the far side. Yara nods, gesturing you in. "There's nothing threatening in the first chamber as far as well can tell. Beyond that, who bloody knows? All I can tell you is that the third inner sluice is lowered, so whatever went wrong, at least someone stopped mucked up water getting into Hekephra."

    Belginabo, Sachni, Raka
    The bridge creaks and groans under fast moving feet. Crossing quickly just grows more tempting by the second. Soon enough the three companions stand together on the other side, beneath the faint orange light of the lantern. And towards them, out of the darkness, trundles a minecart.

    Alone?

    As it draws closer, it becomes quite clear that nothing is in fact pulling this minecart. It seems to be moving forward entirely under its own power, slow but regular, with a hooded lantern at the front of the cart providing a warning beam of light to anyone in front of it. Within the cart are three large barrels, each about the size of Raka. They're too big to allow anyone space ot hide, unless they're hiding within of course.

  30. - Top - End - #390
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Ellie Sprocket

    "Hmm, the other waterways are all clean and flowing. If the water has fouled in this stream, then perhaps there is something that filters the water that has clogged up?" Ellie suggests.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •