The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 452
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Zarrachia, Adria & Ellie
    Goopy burbles happily in Zarrachia's arms, content with his mistress' line of logic. Peridora takes a second to respond to Adria's question, taking her time to consider it before finally answering. "We should at least go a bit deeper in. If it's dangerous, we can come back here now that the door's open. And if there's really a chamber this big, there might be a second door inside, one that comes out closer to the surface. It could be our best path out of here." And an old ruin with magic? It was a gamble, but they might have medical supplies that could help Ms. Adria

    Koma's eyes sparkle a little at Peridora's words. "Tiny girl and fancy lady right. Best path forward!" The other two Cindersnouts nod, though they lack Koma's enthusiasm. The trio move forward, accompanying Zarrachia with Koma starting to whistle once again.

    Which was not enough to drown the buzzing that swiftly started.

    Before the party are aware of quite what's going on, four strange spheres flit out from somewhere up high, descending from the ceiling just behind the group in the former waterfall chamber rather than from beyond the gate. They don't have wings, but they move almost more smoothly for that, drifting through the air as if it were water. As they draw into reach of the adventurers' light, it's hard to suppress a shudder. These things look hideous, pink-purple fleshy blobs with sharp circular blades almost covering their 'body' entirely. The only organs you can make out are four solitary emerald green eyes, one on each orb. They form up into a ring above the group, orbiting you and staring balefully down at this rag tag assembly.

    Before diving towards the would be escape party like some bizzare flock of vultures, eager for fresh pray.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Aaand battle is joined!

    (d20+2)[9] Ody
    (d20+5)[8] Nihnin
    (d20+7)[13] Koma

    (d20+2)[8] Peridora

    (d20+8)[16] Augurs. They will act with group initiative.
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2019-10-26 at 07:42 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Iíll assume that Sachniís Perception attempt failed.


    Sachni nodded. Nothing would be gained by just standing around. They had to investigate.

    ďLetís go together. Be careful. Some of the gob...*ahem*...the thieves are missing too. They might not welcome rescue.

    Having a goblin ally was a new experience. Sachni would have to be more racially sensitive. She hoped that the thieves (if any even dwelt here) would come quietly. The monk started walking again. She cautiously approached the candlelit shelter.

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Upstate NY

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Zarrachia

    Zarra keeps her lantern in the left hand as she flips her shortsword into her right.

    As augur #1 (as I'll call it) dives towards her, she drops into the standard swordfighter crouch and swings ...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Feint: (1d20+6)[8]


    ... only to roll her shoulders and bring up her sword in an upwards slash.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Strike: (1d20+4)[5]

    Potential damage: (1d6)[6]
    If feint is successful: (1d6)[6]


    Zarrachia draws up her bullseye lantern and shines the bright light directly into the single green eye. "Let's see you blink, freak!

    Spoiler
    Show

    Demoralize: (1d20+6)[12]

  4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Sachni, Belginabo & Raka
    Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary as the group climb the gently curved stairs towards the door to the foreman's office. There's no change to the taping of metal, or candlelight, but a strange smell starts to reach the three of you. Sachni, ever alert, moves slightly ahead of the group: positioning herself to get a look at the room's interior before they enter.

    The odor is stronger now, bitter yet familiar from harsher days of training. Blood. Faded, not shed recently, but within a matter of hours rather than days. Right in the centre of the room, a circle has been drawn in dark red, branching into arcane looking glyphs. The weighty candle lies upon what'd once been the foreman's desk, beside some hefty looking leatherbound tomes, one of which lies open. Strangely, a small mahogany music box is placed in the centre of the desk. It doesn't seem to be working, no sound emanates from the contraption, but the gentle tap the group'd made out is the attached doll, still slowly spinning and dancing to that unheard rhythm from its stage atop the box.

    There's no sign of survivors, but above the scene beside the window overlooking the pit stands a lone sentinel. Sachni's never seen its like before - roughly humanoid, but a good ten feet tall, with withered skin atop bulging muscle and armored gauntlets, breastplate and grieves burned into its skin. Most harrowing of all however is the face - nose lost, eyelids sunken, lower jaw removed. What remains lacks even the pretence of humanity. It's just a weapon made from a man's remains.

    It doesn't seem to have noticed her. Slowly Sachni steps away, returning to the others.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Belated use of the perception check, since there isn't much going on in the rest of the chamber. I'm even throwing in a free successful Stealth check! Sorry for the puppet job but wanted to give you a result on that and couldn't justify it without you getting a little closer.

  5. - Top - End - #245
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Syless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Adria reacts to the dangerous situation quickly, stepping in front of Peridora and hurling a lance of pure light at one of the mysterious creatures.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Spell Attack Roll- (1d20+7)[22]
    Damage- (1d4+4)[6] Good damage
    Avatar by SeraphicMayin

  6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Gwynfrid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Estralita View Post
    Raka raised an eyebrow at the gnome's answer. but did not question his claims. "So, what kind of spells do you know, then?"
    "Well, let's say I'm not worried about falling off the platform", Belginabo answers with a mysterious air.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    ďLetís go together. Be careful. Some of the gob...*ahem*...the thieves are missing too. They might not welcome rescue.
    "Right you are, my lady. I'll be right with you." He heeds the warning, and approaches right next to Sachni, but sends his globe of light further away, leaving himself in a less-lit area.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ideally this would count as Avoid Notice, but he already has an exploration activity he needs to keep up: Repeating his cantrip to make light. So I don't think he can benefit from Stealth at the same time.


    When Sachni returns to report her findings, Belginabo's face whitens. "What? A bloody ritual? A... An unliving thing? Oh man, are we in over our heads?"

    Then, a realization overcomes his fear for himself. "If this is going on here then Lady Adria and the girl are in a worse danger than we thought! We need to do something. But I don't know how."
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2019-10-26 at 07:24 PM.
    DM in Mummy's Mask I, II, III | Belginabo in Legacy of Nex | Avatar courtesy of Neoseph7

  7. - Top - End - #247
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Ellie Sprocket

    Ugh, Ellie hated the color purble. She backed away from the fight and pulled out a glass flask. Bits of light seemed to bounce around inside it. "The other traps I found were mechanical. Why are these organic? Seems inefficient on a long-term design plan."

    She throws the bottle at one of the ugly critters, then reaches for her crossbow.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    1a = Move back from the creatures horrible melee reach.
    1a = Quick Bomber (1 action to draw & throw bomb). Throwing a bottle of Lightning
    -->Attack (1d20+6)[14], damage (1d6)[6] electricity (plus 1 splash electricity). If hit, target is flatfooted until start of Ellie's next turn.
    1a = ready her crossbow.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Estralita's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    "Well, let's say I'm not worried about falling off the platform", Belginabo answers with a mysterious air.
    At that, Raka just rolled her eyes. If that was the best of his boasts...


    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    When Sachni returns to report her findings, Belginabo's face whitens. "What? A bloody ritual? A... An unliving thing? Oh man, are we in over our heads?"

    Then, a realization overcomes his fear for himself. "If this is going on here then Lady Adria and the girl are in a worse danger than we thought! We need to do something. But I don't know how."
    '
    As he spoke, Raka simply draws her sword. Inside her heart's pounding with fear, but she can't let that control her. "We confront. Or at least I will. You know how to fight, wizard?"
    Avatar of Lukas Stormlord the Paladin done by the Lovely Ceika!

  9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Sachni returned shaken. She'd been unprepared for such a grisly sight. Her speech only resumed when she'd gained plenty of distance. Both of her teammates were similarly affected. But where Belginabo hesitated, Raka threatened. Sachni held out a hand to forestall the goblin.

    "Wait. There's no need to fight. To my eyes, the creature seemed mindless. I think it's just guarding the ritual space. If we don't intrude, it won't attack.

    Remember, our mission is to rescue people. There were no living souls in that place. We should search elsewhere.
    "

  10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Gwynfrid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Belginabo looks at Raka. Her sword is taller than its owner. When she takes it out, he instinctively takes a step back to be out of the range of any possible wrong move of this impressive weapon. But... He finds her determination comforting.

    He's about to draw his own weapon, but Sachni's intervention stops him. "True... But... That ritual, surely it is dangerous, right? You said there was blood all over? If someone summons crazy monsters or something, surely it's a danger to us as well as to those in need of help out there?"
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2019-10-26 at 08:18 PM.
    DM in Mummy's Mask I, II, III | Belginabo in Legacy of Nex | Avatar courtesy of Neoseph7

  11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    "Whoever made that creature, they're absent. Killing the puppet won't stop the creator. It'll just risk our lives, and wear us out. If someone is really hunting the missing people, then we should be out looking for them."

    Sachni wondered how much of these sentiments truly stemmed from strategy. Beneath the businesslike exterior, her heart beat rapidly. Was she just scared of confronting that thing?

  12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Gwynfrid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    "I worry that there's a necromancer or something out there, who's going to return and do other rituals or maybe finish this one. It looks real bad! I think we should do something."

    Belginabo pauses, frowning. "You mentioned a book. What if I tried to steal it? If the monster doesn't notice me, then maybe this will be enough to thwart whatever evil plan is going on around here."
    DM in Mummy's Mask I, II, III | Belginabo in Legacy of Nex | Avatar courtesy of Neoseph7

  13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Sachni's eyes widened. Was this gnome suicidal? She was nervous enough about entering as a trio. Going in alone seemed like madness.

    "And if it does notice, you could get torn apart before help arrived! All for a book that, for all we know, might be the foreman's accounting ledger!"

    Some of her inner anxiety leaked into her voice. With an effort, she calmed herself again. Belginabo was her teammate now. Teammates trusted one another. He claimed that his skills were sufficient. She shouldn't doubt him.

    "...But if you truly are confident, then I'll defer to your judgement."

  14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Estralita's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Raka's grip tightened on her sword as the two spoke. She didn't like hesitation, but she wasn't alone, and it wasn't just her life she'd be risking.

    To Belginabo, she says "I can cover you. If it sees you, I'll strike. And if all fails..." she frowns, but forces herself to continue. "Running and living may still be an option."
    Avatar of Lukas Stormlord the Paladin done by the Lovely Ceika!

  15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Gwynfrid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Belginabo nods. "That's agreed then." Turning to Sachni, he says, "There is risk in this, you're right. But I feel it's worth taking. I'm just an apprentice, yes, but I can tell you something: That book, it isn't about accounting." His eyes shine in excitement, and one has to wonder if it isn't curiosity, at least as much as his desire to rescue the victims of the day's events, that's driving him forward.

    "First, let's see if I can learn something on this... creature."

    As silently as he can, he slowly moves in the direction indicated by Sachni, until he can get a look at the big monster. Searching his memory for the scraps of knowledge he acquired while working on many past jobs, he tries to identify the creature.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth (1d20+6)[14]
    Recall Knowledge (1d20)[2] - add +4 if it's Occultism or Arcana, +0 if it's Religion. I doubt it's Nature...
    DM in Mummy's Mask I, II, III | Belginabo in Legacy of Nex | Avatar courtesy of Neoseph7

  16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Belginabo, Raka & Sachni
    Bel creeps closer with surprising skill for someone so passionate about being noticed most of the time. Getting a closer look at the creature, his conclusion is pretty positive. There's no sparkling energies around its fists, no light in its eyes, no evidence of movement. It's either really good at standing still, or it's as Sachni said - a mindless automata. If necromancy is anything like woodwork, Belginabo's pretty sure this thing's ultimately a fairly normal zombie - the creator took a bit more care with it than usual, hence the size and armor, but nothing too excessive. Alone, he'd probably not be a match for the thing due to its enhancements, but with two well trained warriors at his back? The odds are with the rescuers.

    Adria, Ellie & Zarrachia
    Sarenrae's grace has not deserted Adria yet! A brief invocation and gesture sends a beam of golden light straight into the eye of one of their attackers. The things malcoloured flesh burns and warps around the blast, the eye turning red and bloodshot as the creature wobbles in the air, unsteady now. It seems the holy light of the sun is anathema to these wretched creatures of pain and death

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Nice! You can tell that hit a Weakness for the Augur - it took extra damage and you shut down its regeneration.


    Ellie is not one to let an opportunity pass her by! She flings the bottle of thunder right at the back of the wounded spikeball. Lightning crackles from the point of the impact, sparks jumping along the conductive blades and singing each member of this grim patrol. But it was the lead who took the brunt of Ellie's concoction and it does its grim work to a tee. The creature's wrathful pained red eye finally falls closed as it hits the ground with a clatter. It looks as dead as can be.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Now, don't count on that hitting every round, Digo. I gave you a circumstance bonus here, 2 from flanking, 2 from making me laugh my ass off with 'purble'. But it did hit with that lot stacked atop it! Congrats! That's another 6 damage to the Augur Adria targeted - one down!


    This seems to have left the rest of the patrol unhappy. Zarrachia's theatrics find no purchase with the creatures, and her well placed bladestroke bounces harmlessly from one of the flesh encasing metal bands. As the things draw closer, the feeling of chill steel on the back of your neck asserts itself. Try as you will, it's like those blades are already resting against your skil - sharp as needles, and needing only a moment's ill judgement to slice right into you.

    The eye creatures come to ground level in a rough triangular shape, spread equidistant across the group. Once at ground level though, their speed intensifies as they begin to spin, the three seemingly engaging in some grotesque display of flying skill. They form a fast moving circle, ducking in and out to weave and bob through the group of stranded travellers, slashing with their blades as they pass you by. As the charge intensifies, each of the three creatures begins to glow with a baleful red energy. These things aren't just some maleformed abominations, they're sentient, and they have magic of their own to match Adria's.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    First things first. Now that the Augurs have officially closed to melee range - from this point forward, everyone needs to make a will save at the end of their turn. Yes, every turn. So long as the little balls of spikes are still flying around, then this is gonna be a thing. DC 17, failure will give you Frightened 1, crit failure gives Frightened 2.

    Now, unfortunately the remaining 3 Augurs each heal the splash damage from Ellie's lightning. And each of them is going to use Whirling Slice. They get 40ft of movement, and everything they pass through takes damage equal to one of their strikes. I think I cooould game this by having the three's paths overlap, so you have to save against multiple augurs, but I'm not quiiite that much of an arse. However, with three still up, and the party relatively close, a full circle's gonna be enough to hit all of you at least once

    Yes, that includes the NPCs.

    So. basic Reflex save, DC 16, to mitigate (1d4-1)[0] slashing, and more importantly (1d4)[4] persistent bleed. I'll roll this for the NPCs when I'm done with this post. They'll also be taking actions after this, but I'm prioritizing getting this up so you guys can act again.

    And while it's technically after, fluffwise while still spinning, each of the Augurs is using an action to cast Harm with range of touch against someone they end their turn in melee range of. I'm gonna say... the three PCs. A DC 17 Fort save from each of you, against (d8)[4] negative damage
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2019-10-27 at 07:01 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Ellie, Adria & Zarrachia
    The group are battared by the whirlwind of spikes, blades and pain. But they are not defeated by it. Peridora once again begins her chanting, letting fly with a bolt of lightning towards the monsters threatening Adria and Zarrachia. Nihnin hefts her spear, jabbing at the creature closest to Zarra. Accross the way, Koma lunges towards the spikeball closest to Ellie, slashing again and again at it, while a quivvering Ody levels his bow, shooting at the goop-ball from a few feet back.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Koma and Ody are going for the one near Ellie, Nihnin for the one near Zarrachia, Peridora the two currently near Zarrachia and Adria

    Koma (d20+10)[15] Attack - damage (d8+5)[12]
    (d20+6)[12] Attack - damage (d8+5)[9]

    Ody (d20+8)[17] Attack - damage (d6)[4]
    (d20+3)[10] Attack - damage (d6)[2]

    Nihnin
    (d20+8)[17] Attack - damage (d8+3)[7]
    (d20+4)[5] Attack - damage (d8+3)[10]
    (d20)[17] Attack - damage (d8+3)[8]

    Peridora
    Electric Arc (1d4+4)[6] Electrical damage, DC 15 reflex save for half
    (d20+10)[26] Augur
    (d20+10)[26] Augur

    For all the group's fury though, they took a beating at the hands of the attackers. Nihnin and Koma both have gashes on their arms that refuse to stop, and Peridora's side is gouged and bleeding badly. Koma grits his pointed teeth - he's felt fear like this before, and knows what it can lead to in a group of warriors. If his new friends let it hold them back, they'll be second guessing themselves - and easier pickings for the blade spheres.

    Spoiler
    Show
    2 damage to Koma and Nihnin, 4 to Peridora. Flat checks to end Persistent Damage
    (d20)[17] Koma
    (d20)[17] Nihnin
    (d20)[10] Peridora

    Will Saves to resist Frightened
    (d20+3)[12] Ody
    (d20+5)[20] Nihnin
    (d20+7)[24] Koma
    (d20+7)[25] Peridora
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2019-10-27 at 07:06 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Gwynfrid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Feeling a little less fearful from his finding that the undead sentinel can be vanquished, Belginabo continues his silent approach towards the table. In passing, he takes a good look at the glyphs on the floor, trying to find a link with his own studies of the arcane. Then, in excruciatingly slow motion, he grabs the open book on the table.

    Spoiler
    Show
    This time I'll let you do the secret Knowledge roll
    Not sure if grabbing the book counts as Thievery or Stealth, but he's got the same modifier for both, so: (1d20+6)[13]
    DM in Mummy's Mask I, II, III | Belginabo in Legacy of Nex | Avatar courtesy of Neoseph7

  19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Upstate NY

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Zarrachia

    Spoiler: Saves
    Show

    Will: (1d20+6)[21]
    Reflex: (1d20+6)[25]


    "They're too fast! Let's fall back to the door and cut off their movement!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Stride: Zarra tries to bolt towards the doors. Hopefully a more confined tunnel will keep the little buggers from zipping around her.


    As an Augur strays too close, Zarra fakes left and jukes right ...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Feint: (1d20+6)[24]


    ... and bring her shortsword around in a shoulder-high slash.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Strike: (1d20+4)[24]
    Potential damage: (1d6)[5]
    Flat-footed precision bonus: (1d6)[1]
    Last edited by Xacha; 2019-10-27 at 08:36 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #260
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Xacha View Post
    "They're too fast! Let's fall back to the door and cut off their movement!"
    Ellie Sprocket

    "Ah! Yes, optimal idea!" Ellie steps back from the monstrosity in her face shoots her crossbow and then turns tail to run towards the door, avoiding the reach of these creatures.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Alright so if I understand how this works,

    1a: Ellie takes a STEP to move out of melee with the Augur in front of her.

    1a: Ellie shots her crossbow at the augur, attack (1d20+6)[9], damage (1d8)[7]

    1a: Ellie strides away toward the door, avoiding the other augurs.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  21. - Top - End - #261
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Syless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    "Peridora, get to the door! I'll follow after!"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Delaying until after Peridora to leave myself a target. Various saves:
    Fort v Harm- (1d20+3)[16]
    Reflex v Blender- (1d20+5)[9]
    Will v Fear- (1d20+9)[25]
    Avatar by SeraphicMayin

  22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Belginabo
    Belginabo creeps into the room with all the subtlety of the thieves he saw in that stage show that one time! He takes it slow and careful, using what cover he can to keep him out of the zombie's line of sight. The big brute doesn't react as he enters the room, leaving Bel free to make his progress towards the desk and his objective

    He does pause to take a look at the circle. He can recognize a few of the glyphs from his rite to summon Hexizkakus - this is a summoning circle, not a necromantic thing. It does indeed appear to be drawn in blood, but it's not too much more complicated than the rites Belginabo knows about. It's summoned something probably quite nasty, but not a demon lord, more a regular ornary monster of some description.

    Thankfully, no monsters appear to remain in this room bar the zombie. With measured tread, Belginabo makes his way to the desk. Finally, the book is within his sight! He inches out his hands, slowly stretching inch by precious inch, until finally he reaches out to grab the tome and...

    Nothing. No trap, no trick. Belginabo's heart could sing with relief. The room was perfectly, blissfully silent.

    Wait. The room shouldn't be silent. The gentle rhythmic tap and rustle from before had stopped. Glancing to his side, Bel can see that the music box upon the desk has finally come to a halt, the doll having withdrawn inside.

    "Hi!"

    A grinning porcelain white face rises right in front of Belginabo's field of vision, grinning at the gnome. In that moment, it might as well have been Rovagug made flesh. Staggering back in shock, Belginabo lets go of his grip upon the book the room's second guardian is now standing upon. The candle and a few feet of distance afford Bel a better look at the creature - it's short, no more than six inches tall, with hair dyed a festive pink. It's wearing a crisp white coat embroidered with golden epaulettes and onyx gems, while in its hands it bears an ornate miniature scythe sized for its diminutive form. It looks like some strange caricature of the famed Eagle Knights of Andoran.

    "HAHAHA! That face! Priceless!" The doll is still laughing as it charges towards him, flitting through the air and swinging its tiny glowing scythe right at Belginabo. It looks like it's about to come up short, the doll's arms lacking the reach to touch the gnome - but then from the tip of the scythe's staff, a soletary droplet expands into a torrential pillar of conjured water, surging forward right at Bel's torso. The young gnome however is faster - with a nimble twist he jumps out of the way of the current, leaving the water to splash down uselessly upon the impassive zombie behind Belginabo

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Yeah, I'mma resolving this as a trap. Making a spell attack roll for Hydraulic Push against Bel, prior to determining Initiative. Will edit the results into description later. Since this is a surprise, Bel's starting off flat-footed.

    (d20+8)[16]

    Hits. Rolled damage in the OOC. 9 bashing damage, and Belginabo's forced back 5 feet, into the middle of the ritual circle.

    Belginabo, Sachni & Raka
    From the office, the two warriors hear a new voice call out loudly.

    "Get the thief, big guy! And make it quick, his friends are right outside!"

    Inside, the large zombie lumbers forward towards Belginabo, fists lowered like a boxer ready for a title match
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll initiative gang! Unfortunately for you, Pink and Big Guy already rolled - I used this post here, without mods, when Bel entered the room. Final values are 16+8 for 24 on Pink and 20+4 for 24 on Big Guy
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2019-10-27 at 12:05 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Gwynfrid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Oops - I thought I was posting this in the OOC thread. Oh well.

    Initiative on Perception, because well, obviously Stealth didn't work (1d20+5)[17]

    EDIT: Belginabo uses his Nimble Dodge reaction! So, I'm changing the text below.


    Some preternatural instinct warns Belginabo at the last second, or was that Sarenrae's protective hand? He jumps to the side, and the otherworldly attack misses him by a hair. Still, the young gnome is seriously shaken by the surprise attack, and he feebly calls out: "Heeelp!"
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2019-10-27 at 11:51 AM.
    DM in Mummy's Mask I, II, III | Belginabo in Legacy of Nex | Avatar courtesy of Neoseph7

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Belginabo - In over his head
    The pink haired reprobate presses her offensive swiftly, charging forward at Belginabo with her scythe. It may be small, but she's ruthlessly fast with it, spinning and darting through the air like some vicious insect. All the while however, She grins down at Belginabo, curls of pink hair framing that sadistic smirk as his rapier locks around her blade. "You know, short stuff, you should be honoured. You're crossing blades with Lady Cadenza, Knight of Geb!"

    She takes a second, savouring the moment, before kicking the rapier back and pressing on once more with an echoing laugh. "Trust me. There's no more exciting a way to die."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cadenza is closing to melee, before making two attacks
    (d20+10)[28] Attack - Damage (d6+2)[8]
    (d20+6)[15] Attack - Damage (d6+2)[4]

    Following its mistress' lead, the mighty zombie lumbers slowly across the room. It eyes Belginabo, studying the gnome as he ducks and swerves away from his mistress. When the punch comes however, it's quicker than even the little knight can manage - and with the force of a mighty oak tree behind it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Big Guy is Slow 1 so he only gets one attack after moving. However, Bel is now flat footed, since the two between them have him flanked
    (d20+11)[13] Attack - Damage (d12+5)[16]

    Spoiler: Bel, Sachni, Raka
    Show
    Map in the Discord. Now you guys are up! Sachni & Raka, enter from top left of the map, count either space there as your first. 5ft per square on the grid. Zombie is grey, Bel is green, Lady Cadenza is pink

    Zarrachia, Ellie, Adria
    The eyes of the creatures widen as Zarrachia plunges her blade deep into one of their number. As the second member of their group falls to the ground however, the remaining pair narrow their eyes. They once more begin to glow a baleful dark red, but this is something deeper than the simple negative energy charge they'd just employed. The two lingering blade-spheres start spinning near impossibly fast, glinting into silver balls with blades near invisible in the blur.

    You killed two of their own. They are bitter, vengeful creatures. They will make you pay for that.

    They charge like bolts of lightning, away from those still trying to engage them towards the fleeing pair. Adria and Ellie both find a ball of spikes at their back, jabbing into them with blades and needles vibrating with intensity. It's hard not to scream - you two may have had deeper wounds before, but never ones quite so painful as these.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Okay, good news is there're only two Augurs left. Bad news is that they just powered up.

    Augur Alpha, engaged with Ellie, Koma and Ody, uses Whirling Slice again, circling the two goblins before lunging at Ellie. It's just got enough movement to reach her. Augur Omega does the same, only targeting Zarrachia. Hits Nihnin and Adria on the way to her, but bypasses Peridora.

    So in short everyone but Peridora and Ody gets hit. This time it's a DC 18 reflex save, to mitigate (d4+1)[4] slashing damage, and (d4+2)[6] persistent bleed

    With their last action, the two Augurs use melee strikes on the targets furthest along the withdrawal path. Omega targets Zarra, Alpha targets Ellie.

    Augur Omega - Zarrachia (d20+10)[20] (d4+1)[3] slashing damage, and (d4+2)[3] Persistent Bleed.
    Augur Alpha - Ellie (d20+10)[11] (d4+1)[5] slashing damage, and (d4+2)[3] Persistent Bleed.
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2019-10-27 at 05:32 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Estralita's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Raka

    Not good. Not good Need to act. Now. Or else her ally...

    Not again.

    The world falls away, and all Raka sees is red

    Charge.

    Spoiler: Turn
    Show
    Yay, Combat!

    First action: Rage
    Second, move behind the big guy to flank with Belginabo
    Third: ATTACK!
    (d20+7)[11]
    Damage(d12+10)[16]
    Avatar of Lukas Stormlord the Paladin done by the Lovely Ceika!

  26. - Top - End - #266
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Ellie Sprocket

    Ellie cries out at the pain from the blades. The back of her blue dress is so bloody one couldn't tell where it ends and where her bleeding flesh begins. She continues running back from these creatures, fumbling to find her last healing elixir. Hands shaking, she pops the cork and drinks it down in a hurry. She chokes, but her wounds begin to stitch together. Blood clots, lacerations close, her limp fades. Ellie takes in a gasp, as life fills her lungs with a second wind.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    1a: Striding away from this creature out of fear.

    1a: Interact action to get a Elixir of Life.

    1a: Drinks EoL, heals (3d6+6)[17] hp
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-10-27 at 06:25 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Panic gripped Sachni. She charged towards her comrade's desperate cry. Why had she let him go alone? Stupid stupid stupid! The trio should have either attacked or fled as a group. From now on, they'd stick together: Even if it meant dragging Sachni somewhere she'd rather avoid.

    The monk's body tensed into a familiar stance. In a trice, she closed the distance between herself and the large monstrosity. This thing was even more intimidating up close. Sachni hoped that its bark was worse than its bite.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Action 1: Tiger stance.
    Action 2: Stride into melee with the large creature.
    Action 3: Flurry of Blows.

    Attack 1: (1d20+7)[27]; Damage: (1d8+3)[4]; Bleed (crit only): (1d4)[3]
    Attack 2: (1d20+7)[8]; Damage: (1d8+3)[7]; Bleed (crit only): (1d4)[2]

  28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Spending a hero point.

    Attack 2 (rerolled): (1d20+7)[18]

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Syless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Adria winces, her bleeding wounds starting to clot. They're hurting, bad- she needs to step in. Everyone's hurt, and she needs to do something. She releases another burst of Sarenrae's healing light, hoping that it won't do anything to help the monsters.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Casting three-action Cure.
    Cure- (1d8)[8]
    Avatar by SeraphicMayin

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Upstate NY

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Zarrachia

    Having moved towards the doors last round, Zarra throws her back against the door and braces herself. Bleeding from countless cuts now, she repeatedly stabs at the the little whirring demon ...

    Spoiler
    Show

    1. Feint on Augur Omega: (1d20+6)[12]


    ... herding it into position. "You know, you remind me of the stickball games I played as a kid. Let's try for a home run!"

    So saying, Zarra swats at the Augur as it enters her strikezone.

    Spoiler
    Show

    2. Strike: (1d20+4)[14]
    Damage: (1d6)[3]
    Precision: (1d6)[1]


    Gaining some space, Zarra tosses her lantern into the tunnel beyond the doors, hoping to direct the little beasties attention away from her own bleeding person. And if Ellie was right about the traps, well, maybe the Augur would find out about them before Zarra did.

    Spoiler
    Show

    3. Distraction: (1d20+6)[9]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •