The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (OOC)

... I'm gonna be disappointed if Ellie didn't just kick that wand into an ooze at the bottom of the pit with a roll like that. :p
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post

... I'm gonna be disappointed if Ellie didn't just kick that wand into an ooze at the bottom of the pit with a roll like that. :p
    Honestly, I treated it as your recovery roll to jump to safety. ^^

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    He had the speech prepared in his head, so well he could still hear it as he landed flat on his belly, all air knocked from his lungs. He was going to threaten this goblin woman into submission... Alas, that was not to be. He still has a tuft of ape fair in his grasping fingers, but that's all he gets for his trouble.

Is Belginabo the great wizard going to be daunted by this temporary setback? No way! He picks himself up from the ground, such as it is, and takes check of his surroundings. Wow, look at that girl wrestling the goblin for this... is that a wand? Fascinating! And just like that, poof, gone! Magic is so cooool.

Spoiler
    Show
    Any chance to figure out what just happened? Arcana [roll0]
    I'm gonna put the result of that check here because the ICs getting a touch crowded, and this lets you explain it to everyone your own way.

Spoiler: Arcana
    Show
    Belginabo can't work out exactly what happened, he doesn't have the training for that. (That takes a feat in 2E!) A guess would be teleported away or turned invisible. But neither of those quite explain the one thing he can recognize for sure: the timing. The magic happened right before the ground shook and the wind kicked up. That can't be a coincidence. Whatever that magic was caused the disturbance, Bel could stake his reputation as a great wizard on that!.

4. - Top - End - #154

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    Honestly, I treated it as your recovery roll to jump to safety. ^^
    Ah. Well if Ellie is going to fall to her doom, I guess she'll take comfort that she's bringing the little bastard with her. Also, dang, looks like the dice are handing out bad roll like cake to those apes. XD

So... what is going on with Ellie now? I suppose just wait a bit since she has vanished or something to that effect.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm gonna put the result of that check here because the ICs getting a touch crowded, and this lets you explain it to everyone your own way.

Spoiler: Arcana
    Show
    Belginabo can't work out exactly what happened, he doesn't have the training for that. (That takes a feat in 2E!) A guess would be teleported away or turned invisible. But neither of those quite explain the one thing he can recognize for sure: the timing. The magic happened right before the ground shook and the wind kicked up. That can't be a coincidence. Whatever that magic was caused the disturbance, Bel could stake his reputation as a great wizard on that!.
    Thanks, that's great. Indeed I'm still a little shaky on some rules...

Also, it looks like I left a typo on that first Athletics roll. Here's a replacement: [roll]1d20+4[/roll[
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2019-10-13 at 08:19 AM.
    DM in Mummy's Mask I, II, III | Belginabo in Legacy of Nex | Avatar courtesy of Neoseph7

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    Thanks, that's great. Indeed I'm still l a little shaky on some rules...

Also, it looks like I left a typo on that first Athletics roll. Here's a replacement: [roll]1d20+4[/roll[
    Aargh! What's with my fingers this morning... Again (1d20+4)[23] (Look at that... The dice coming to my rescue )
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2019-10-13 at 08:19 AM.
    DM in Mummy's Mask I, II, III | Belginabo in Legacy of Nex | Avatar courtesy of Neoseph7

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Ah. Well if Ellie is going to fall to her doom, I guess she'll take comfort that she's bringing the little bastard with her. Also, dang, looks like the dice are handing out bad roll like cake to those apes. XD

So... what is going on with Ellie now? I suppose just wait a bit since she has vanished or something to that effect.
    *nods* Sorry to take you out of the scene for a bit Deegs, I want to resolve the Raka and Peridora situation (and give poor Xacha a chance to do something!) before we get back to Ellie and Koma. It's the price of grabbing that damned McMuffin McGuffin

Also congrats Gwyn! Nice check to get across there! I'm gonna wait to see what Adria tries before declaring if Bel's aid was a success or failure, and then apply the results post facto (Standard DC for aid is 20, but I may bump this down to 15, depending on how Adria tries to solve this.)

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Wow, situation changes fast.

I'm not sure there's much Raka can do to help the monkey now. What kind of check would that be? Alternatively, can Raka just jump off now?
    Avatar of Lukas Stormlord the Paladin done by the Lovely Ceika!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Athletics, either way. It works for a feat of strength prying it free, or for GTFO. The latter's def safer though. DC15 to jump to another platform, 20 to help the monkey.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

My turn to screw up the roll tags.

(d20+7)[24]

Also,do we have Hero Points to reroll checks? The book says we usually start with one in a session, but I don't know how it works with PbP

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

I'll give you one, sure! Though I guess you don't need it right now. Nice job, Raka - Monkey Saviour!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

Ohhh... I'm in a bind. And what a bind it is.

The DC on the Athletics roll was 20. I set this based on proficiency rather than by checking Adria's skill ranks - Hefting the two up like that would've required real strength and strong training. It was an Expert task - out of your league, in retrospect.

And yet you came this frecking close all the same! Bel's aid would have given you a +2! That would have been enough. And I said I was willing to adjust the DC on the aid check based on how you went about this. So the resolution here comes down to my fiat on the aid check.

*parses fingers*

I will be stern here, in the interests of later kindness. So I will stick with my original intent. I did not intend to lower the DC on an Athletics assist. Belginabo is not that strong, and he's not playing to his strengths with this, so I don't feel the need to give mercy. If you focused on using the time to try something else, I would have lowered the DC to 15. And you sooomewhat did? So I will grant both paths of resolution, and apply Bel's aid twice.

On the Athletics check. Belginabo fails. That means the lift check fails. You came so close I will permit you to hold on firmly this round. But just this round.

Which leaves your diplomacy check. Which was a good roll, and got Belginabo's aid... but you should've maybe rolled Religion to see what Adria knew of Goblin faith before trying that angle.
    For what it's worth, I think that's a fair ruling.

Now, we got another round, but odds don't look any better. I don't have a great deal of ideas. Belginabo has an adventurer's pack which includes rope, but I can't see him carrying this around for a stage performance, so he can't have it with him right now.

@ Syless: Let me know what you want to do and I'll try to see how I can help.
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2019-10-14 at 07:47 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Bugbear in the Playground

You are evil, evil, evil. Evil I say. I haven't even gotten to express any of Adria's trauma and she's getting more. Should I be making that roll here and typing based on that, or should I give her message and then roll to see its effect?

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Go for the message, then roll. I'm happy to award circumstance bonuses for some good RP.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

So the monkey is saved! Can Raka keep it?

Also, can she see there are people in danger, that might need a bit of muscle?

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

Sorry, sorry, I'm back and ... *looks at game* wow, life comes at you fast.

Should I hold off on Zarra's next action until the next round?

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Chime in if you want! Sorry for not holding off I'd just been eager to reach this scene, and everyone was posting and engaged, so I let things plough ahead.

(Also vital question! Is adorable pet named Goopy or Gloopy?)

18. - Top - End - #168

For the record, I'm already heavily invested in this game, and if we want to ensure it's longevity, I've had good experience with Discord servers for OOC stuff. Just tossing it out there as a suggestion.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Estralita View Post

Also, can she see there are people in danger, that might need a bit of muscle?
    Can you convince a cranky Mwangi animal trader to let you keep it?

(Gimmie a sec. You may be able to hang onto it for a little while, minimum. Though orders will require a Nature check.)

Also yeah, she can see. Feel welcome to post Raka trying to reach the scene with Adria, Bel and Peri, but don't roll to act just yet. I'm working on a resolution.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Syless View Post
    For the record, I'm already heavily invested in this game, and if we want to ensure it's longevity, I've had good experience with Discord servers for OOC stuff. Just tossing it out there as a suggestion.
    I'm okay with it, though I'd like to see if we've a firm majority before setting one up.

(Also glad you're invested! I've got a loooot more planned, though I need to make sure I develop subplots for everyone. Got threads in place, just need to pull them forward.)

21. - Top - End - #171

I'm okay with it, though I'd like to see if we've a firm majority before setting one up.

(Also glad you're invested! I've got a loooot more planned, though I need to make sure I develop subplots for everyone. Got threads in place, just need to pull them forward.)
    I'd suggest unanimous instead of majority anyway. Nothing sucks more than feeling like you're missing something if you aren't interested.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

Chime in if you want! Sorry for not holding off I'd just been eager to reach this scene, and everyone was posting and engaged, so I let things plough ahead.

(Also vital question! Is adorable pet named Goopy or Gloopy?)
    Zarra isn't picky about details. And it's an ooze, so it desn't come when you call it anyway. But for what it's worth, I think it was Goopy.

And can I say that I'm charmed as that a bit of random impov has become central to Zarra's situation?

But, no, no, this is good. Keep the momentum. I'd have chimed in earlier but I couldn't get a decent connection anywhere.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

Valin, are you imagining that a fall into the pit of ooze is an instant kill, or could Zarra climb down there with her alchemist gloves (and bare feet) and rescue someone who fell into one of Goopy's cousins?

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Theoretically, yeah, but there's a problem with that. Namely that it's stupid deep. We're talking bottomless pit looking levels. The worry is less Goopy's cousins (at least short term) and more just impact damage from the fall. Survive that, then the worry is wandering oozes.

(Like, my visual for the Ooze Pit is pretty much the Kindergarten from Steven Universe, but waaaaaay more vertical which is why I didn't pull a ref out earlier.)

The main way the actual workers here got around was by using the platforms and a crane system. But Koma's monkeys have left most of that in disrepair by treating this as a platforming game, and smashing stuff while trying to cross.

25. - Top - End - #175

I'm not helping you house-train it.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

I think the gorilla's already trained.

I would need to pick up the Ride feat to properly fight while mounted though. Level 3, maybe level 2 if Valin lets me substitute the skill feat for the general feat. And all of this is moot if Raka can't keep it.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

I think the gorilla's already trained.

I would need to pick up the Ride feat to properly fight while mounted though. Level 3, maybe level 2 if Valin lets me substitute the skill feat for the general feat. And all of this is moot if Raka can't keep it.
    I'm willing to consider it, gorillas aren't typically mounts but I'll throw an exception here for funsies. But OOC, the gorilla has an established owner. You will probably have to deal with Kato if you want to keep it. And I'm not sure you'll be able to -

Ahahaha! No spoilers! I haven't finished this next post yet.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Err.... Gwy? Did I just ninja you?

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

Ouch, I was hoping I'd manage to post ahead of you but you got there first while I was writing. I'm going to read it now... Should I remove my post? Hopefully not.

EDIT
    Err.... Gwy? Did I just ninja you?
    Yup.

Taking this opportunity to agree on the proposal to use Discord!
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2019-10-14 at 06:09 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

It's after midnight here, so I'll leave the call with you. I don't think it contradicts anything, 's just left it out of order. I can live with that.