The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Exalted 3e, Once Again

It's the time of year I get wistful for games. This time, I want to finally play Exalted 3e! With the Dragonblood book out, and Lunars manuscript available to backers, maybe we can get a game going on here? Finally?
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

Rick Venture avatar by kpenguin, his GM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Exalted 3e, Once Again

I'm interested. I'll play Lunar, I'll play Dragon-blooded, I'll even play Solar.

a combat based build, some kind of ninja-like character no matter the Exaltation.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 24!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Devil

I would play I love lunate donít have any 3rd ed books

4. - Top - End - #4

BardGuy

Exalted always interested. I will play what the GM wants to GM. Although Heroic Mortal is a tough life. ;-)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

I do have a Dawn Caste that I kinda have been dying to play, so Iím down as a player.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I'm always down for playing a lunar, really been wanting to play a 3e lunar.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm always up for Exalted, though if a GM does pop up I hope they'll keep it simple, or as simple as Exalted can be.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

I've never actually gotten to play exalted and would be more than happy to get the chance to finally do so.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Always up for Exalted.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

And as always it comes down to needing a Storyteller? Is anyone up to the challenge? Please?
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    And as always it comes down to needing a Storyteller? Is anyone up to the challenge? Please?
    Despite being pretty awful at running PBP games, Iíd be willing to run if I had ANY experience running 3E.

Iíd prefer someone else runs, but if we donít hear from anyone in a while, I guess I can brush up a bit and think of a campaign?

12. - Top - End - #12

Devil

What could we play dreamking

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dreamking View Post
    Despite being pretty awful at running PBP games, Iíd be willing to run if I had ANY experience running 3E.

Iíd prefer someone else runs, but if we donít hear from anyone in a while, I guess I can brush up a bit and think of a campaign?
    I would settle for 2.5 if that made your life easier. Pick a direction and perhaps character backstories or goals can lead the plot.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Novabomb View Post
    I would settle for 2.5 if that made your life easier. Pick a direction and perhaps character backstories or goals can lead the plot.
    I've been playing 3E IRL for a while now, but never as the Storyteller. So it's really just a matter of familiarizing myself with everything on the other side of the table.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

I really, really just want a chance to actually play 3e at least once.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

16. - Top - End - #16

RedWizardGuy

I've been the Storyteller for a Exalted 3 game before, so I can do it again. So let's decide what kind of game it will be. I'll rule out a piracy or seafaring game, since that was what my last game was. So it will take place on land and the Sail skill won't be useful. This doesn't rule out the West, but let's focus on more basic questions before we decide on the Direction. What do you want to be mostly doing in the game? Are there any particular Abilities or Charms that you want to focus on?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth3 View Post
    I've been the Storyteller for a Exalted 3 game before, so I can do it again. So let's decide what kind of game it will be. I'll rule out a piracy or seafaring game, since that was what my last game was. So it will take place on land and the Sail skill won't be useful. This doesn't rule out the West, but let's focus on more basic questions before we decide on the Direction. What do you want to be mostly doing in the game? Are there any particular Abilities or Charms that you want to focus on?
    Can we be the A-Team please?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

well generally I like to play action and combat good guy characters, but with hard life they are coming from that makes them acknowledge that not everything can be solved with fighting to flesh them out because of how the world sucks. so I'm probably going to go for combat charms so I can fight things, other people can do the political stuff of Exalted for all I care.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 24!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

That depends entirely if we're playing Solars only or if Lunars are available.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

I really like the A-Team idea. They are especially well suited to exalted, each has a different caste, they are super awesome relative to their competition, and often do outlandish things. And All of them have craft as a favored skill.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Novabomb View Post
    I really like the A-Team idea. They are especially well suited to exalted, each has a different caste, they are super awesome relative to their competition, and often do outlandish things. And All of them have craft as a favored skill.
    Plus traveling from town to town solving problems and smiting evil!

22. - Top - End - #22

RedWizardGuy

That depends entirely if we're playing Solars only or if Lunars are available.
    I'm only using commercially available books, so no Lunars. I don't have the Dragonblooded book yet, but they're so useful as antagonists I'll probably buy it.
    As for the A-Team, I never actually saw the show and I understand the movie isn't a good representation. But I understand the basic concept. There's a clear goal that's about something other than survival or personal profit, some crafting, and some combat. Of course the goal will have to be much more challenging. I'll think it over.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm only using commercially available books, so no Lunars. I don't have the Dragonblooded book yet, but they're so useful as antagonists I'll probably buy it.
    As for the A-Team, I never actually saw the show and I understand the movie isn't a good representation. But I understand the basic concept. There's a clear goal that's about something other than survival or personal profit, some crafting, and some combat. Of course the goal will have to be much more challenging. I'll think it over.
    The A-Team was kind of just an example. The basic gist is a straightforward story about a group of heroes who have reason to stay on the move (could easily be the Wyld Hunt in this case) going from town to town solving other people's problems as they try to find a solution for their own.

24. - Top - End - #24

RedWizardGuy

Thanks, that's clearer. Whatever I come up with will probably be only one "episode" - online games tend to peter out and I don't want to get too far ahead. I can always write another installment if the first goes well.
    Last edited by Gareth3; 2019-10-09 at 05:17 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25

ClericGuy

I'd be massively interested, in this game as a Solar, probably a Warrior Sorcerer thing. Almost certainly Twilight Caste, happy for any kind of game just really WANT to play!

How will it be done? Over Discord could be good as PBP game, (it's certainly easier for me, and happy to set up a Server for it if needs be) but I'm happy to do it any PbP format.

26. - Top - End - #26

RedWizardGuy

I'd run it on this forum.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

I like my games with a lot of social combat, but I'm willing to be flexible. I've kinda been wanting to do something that's political intrigue meets military campaigns?? Maybe on the Blessed Isle? The South would be cool too, since I've never played an Exalted game there and I really like Arabian Nights fantasy.

I was either gonna play an exiled Realm noble who Exalted as a Solar instead of as a Dragon Blooded, or maybe a bandit king of some sort, if that helps.
    Last edited by dreamking; 2019-10-09 at 08:35 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

RedWizardGuy

OK, what about this scenario:
    There's a scholar who works for professional scavengers, studying records from the First Age to find hidden caches of valuable artifacts. Sometimes the treasure is even hidden away in pocket universes, emerging into Creation after a certain time or under certain conditions.
    The scholar found records of an entire First Age farming village that had been sealed away like this, frozen in time for 1,500 years. His employers weren't interested, as the village contained nothing valuable. But a thousand mortals are about to emerge into one of the most dangerous places in Creation, where they'll be quickly killed or worse. It's up to the PCs to find where the village was, protect it after it returns, and lead the villagers somewhere safer.

I originally created this for 2nd edition and put the village in the East halfway between Ma-Ha-Suchi and Raksi. There may be a more appropriate "most dangerous place in Creation" in 3rd edition, depending on where you want the game to be set. Any suggestions?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

I am Loving this idea. My paladin (Resistance supernal) will want in.

30. - Top - End - #30

ClericGuy

I also like this idea, and Dastian will fit in nicely!