The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Exalted 3e, Once Again

Sounds good to me.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds like a good start.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Sounds good to me.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

4. - Top - End - #34

RedWizardGuy

Thanks. I can find a suitably dangerous place in any Direction, do you have a preference for North, South, East, or West?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

I have no preference, how do you want the sheets to be hosted?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Personally I found 3e's South to be interesting, with the larger map it's more than just s desert and a coastline with like two cities that matter.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

It's been long enough that I can't remember much beyond the broad strokes of the Directions so I'm fine with whatever, as long as I get to punch things so hard they explode.

8. - Top - End - #38

RedWizardGuy

Two votes for the South, so that's where it will be set. So what's the most dangerous place for mortals in the Third Edition South? The exact location is part of the challenge, but we should decide roughly what they're up against. I suppose the easiest answer is just far enough South that they dissolve into pure chaos or get overwhelmed by Fae. But it has to be practical for the PCs to protect them and move them to safety in a reasonable time. I should say that in my last game every antagonist was immediately shredded by the Solar PCs, so I'm looking for some strong opponents.

As for character sheets, I haven't found a good website with Third Edition Exalted sheets. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Gareth3; 2019-10-11 at 05:07 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

What kind of group or PC's are you looking for. Solars , Lunars, Dragon Blooded?
    Last edited by Justanotherhero; 2019-10-11 at 05:47 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40

RedWizardGuy

Probably all Solars. I'll have the Dragonblooded book, so if anyone really wants to play a DB I'll work them in.

11. - Top - End - #41

BardGuy

Then I apply for the position of Night Caste. :-)

12. - Top - End - #42

Devil

I would like to apply for the twilight

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Okay so, time to construct backstory first....

Spoiler: Ishani Backstory
    Show

Ishani since was young, loved to fight. Under the harsh desert sun she shown a natural talent for it, beating every opponent in every fight, her acrobatic defensive style of constantly dodging combined with her fists and throwing everything around her to get an advantage made one of the greatest mortal martial artists of the South. Every duel gave a rush of adrenaline, She became arrogant and boastful of her prowess, seemingly undefeatable. At Age 10. She was beating opponents older than her who had been training longer, for they could never catch her, never hope to touch her.

Then came the day both her parents died to disease. She could fight off bandits and wild animals, but she could not defend against such maladies. Seeking an opponent to fight, she blamed their deaths upon the god of disease and went seeking him in rage and revenge. She traveled as far as she could, beating every foe in her way, demanding to see the god of disease from every priest she could find, a search that took five years until she found it extorting prayer from a village on the threat he would kill them all with another disease. So she demanded to know why he killed her parents and in response he says with a grin.
    "Maybe I did. maybe I didn't. Diseases are such uncontrollable things. Guess they didn't do their water purification prayers enough and my hand slipped."
    In fury she attacked him head on trying to kill him- and none of it worked. The god went incorporeal and no attack could connect. She could never hope to even touch the god of disease. The god of disease, quickly growing bored, he said to the townsfolk that if they didn't get this annoyance of his sight that he was going to unleash disease upon them anyways and thus Ishani was soon beaten, captured and sold into slavery by the people she had tried to save.

Through a series of trades, she was taken to an arena where people bet money on blood sports and fights. There Ishani fought, but her previous lust for fighting had been snuffed out. Fighting could not solve everything, nor was fighting inherently enjoyable anymore. Now she fought for survival. In the arena she saw the worst of humanity: she saw wrath and cruelty, people taking joy in others pain, greed and corruption, and so on. The constant pain, death and injustice around her darkened her view of the world and her fighting became pragmatic and no-nonsense, her heart hollow and her emotions dead. Yet still she fought on and on without fail, without stopping, still fighting to survive despite the darkness of the world around her, as if she was living in eternal night.

Then one day when she was twenty, a shaft of light shines within the darkest holding cell of the arena. Upon Ishani. When she looks up, she saw no window, no fire, no source. A voice spoke:
    "You have lost all hope. Why do you continue to fight?"
    "To survive."
    "Why do you survive?"
    "Better than dying."
    "Even if your at your lowest?"
    "Yes, as long as I'm alive, there is still a chance."
    "A chance for what?"
    "A chance for anything. To stop fighting- is to stop living. Even if you have no hope."
    The voice considers this for a moment.
    "Very well. Then become the hope that you have lost, Ishani- embody it! Be the coming of the Dawn!"
    A golden fire bursts from within her soul and she felt a rush again. However it was much greater than any of her fights. This passion was all consuming and in sudden fervor she found herself constantly running and fighting various foes without end, bursting through prisons and chains, not totally aware of what was happening, but moving as if like she was goddess or something. Just an endless battle where her abilities were without limit, her speed, strength and agility were more than anything she ever felt before it was....sublime. But she felt hope, she felt the urge to do more, be more, be great, fight for justice, fight for hope, fight for the light of the better day!

A few weeks later, she woke up, not sure what exactly happened. What she did during that essence fever was all a blur to her.

Not completed.

Aiming for Dawn Caste with Ishani.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 24!

14. - Top - End - #44

RedWizardGuy

You may want to hold off on character creation until I've developed the campaign and can give you more details. For now, the village will be in the Bordermarches far to the South of Chiaroscuro. The PCs should all be in the South when the campaign starts, probably in a single location. Every PC gets Old Realm as a language for free, to make communicating with the villagers less tedious.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

I'll try for a Zenith then.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

May I suggest Lot-Casting Atemi for sheet hosting?

It's an easy to use website that allows everyone to look at characters and edit them and is designed for Exalted 3e.

I've used it for a Solo 3e Abyssal Homebrew game I was playing in where the ST has disappeared, and I really like the site itself.

Happy to wait for background before doing Chargen, already excited and thinking about what to do.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Again, as long as I get to punch things so hard they explode everything's good for me. Optimally this means Dawn caste but I can make it work elsewhere.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Hurrat Pandrogen
    Show

Caste: Dawn
    Spoiler: Attributes
    Show

Physical Primary (+1,4BP)/Social Ternary (+1,3BP)/Mental Secondary
    (7 Bonus Points used)
    Strength:2
    Dexterity:5
    Stamina:5

Charisma:5
    Manipulation:1
    Appearance:2

Perception:3
    Intelligence:2
    Wits:4

Spoiler: Abilities
    Show

Caste Abilities: Awareness, Brawl, Melee, Resistance, War
    Favored Abilities: Athletics, Integrity, Presence, Socialize, Lore
    Supernal Ability: Resistance
    (6 Bonus points used)
    Athletics:3
    Awareness:3 [Detect Ambush]
    Brawl:1
    Integrity:5
    Linguistics:1
    Lore:3 (Realm Educated)
    Melee:5 [Specialty Parry]
    Presence:3 [Specialty Boost Morale]
    Resistance:5
    Socialize:3 [Specialty Detect Intent]
    Survival:1
    War:1

Spoiler: Willpower
    Show

Willpower 6 (+2 BP)

Spoiler: Merits
    Show

Natural Immunity: 2
    Boundless Endurance: 2
    Quick Draw: 1
    Ambidexterity: 1
    Strong Lungs: 1
    Direction Sense: 1
    Lanugage: 1 (Flametongue)
    Lanugage: 1 (Old Realm)
    (Natural Language is High Realm)
    Exalted Healing (Automatic)

Spoiler: Charms
    Show

Supernal Ability: Resistance

Athletics:
    Monkey Leap Technique

Integrity:
    Stubborn Boar Defense

Awareness:
    Sensory Acuity Prana
    Surprise Anticipation Method

Lore:
    Essence Lending Method

Melee:
    Dipping Swallow Defense
    War Lion Stance

Presence:
    Harmonious Presence Meditation

Resistance:
    Durability of Oak Meditation
    Spirit Strengthens the Skin
    Iron Skin Concentration
    Diamond Body Prana
    Essence Gathering Temper
    Ox Body Technique
    Body Mending Meditation

Spoiler: Intimicies
    Show

Principle "Lead / Teach by Example" Defining
    Principle "It is the responsibility of the strong to protect the weak" Defining
    Principle "Honesty is the best policy" Major
    Principle "Bloodshed should be avoided when possible" Minor
    Principle "The immaculate faith is misguided" Minor
    Tie (Commander Siforack [Hatred]) Major
    Tie (Mother [Love]) Minor
    Tie (Brother's Memory [Respect and Love]) Minor

Spoiler: Limit Condition
    Show

The Solar sees innocents suffering, and is either unable
    or unwilling to help them.

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show

Hurrat started as a dynast. He failed to exalt, and followed his older exalted brother into the legions.
    He was a decent soldier, and worked hard to bring honor to his mother (remaining living parent)
    He always respected his brother's virtues, and so when his brother fell, he took it upon himself to become a paragon of virtue to honor his memory.

A bit later he caught wind of a squad that was selling conscripts who failed basic training into slavery. We were not talking about convicts here, citizens! He brought this to the attention of his commander Siforack, who assured him that the situation would be dealt with.

The way this was dealt with was sending assassins after Hurrat. He was meeting with his love interest Aretha, when they struck. Realistically he should not have been defend himself, much less Aretha, but he was desperate to protect her. In that moment he exalted, and slew them.

The Hunt was getting too close, so they found a defensible cave, and he bid her hide. The hunt found him, and he battled for hours in the narrow opening. He never found out how the bastard did it, but one of the Terrestials managed to penetrate the cave through the wall without him noticing. The intruder silently killed Aretha, and then came for Hurrat. When Hurrat figured out what happened, he went ballistic, and killed every last person in the Hunt. He buried her in that cave, and part of himself with her.

He decided that he was not in fact a demon, and turned his attention to doing as much good as he could.
    Partly to assure himself that he was not evil, partly because who else would?
    He started travelling the world (Under an assumed surname, so as to protect his mother's reputation), and has been heading away from realm influenced territories so as to reduce the number of Hunt's that come for him. He managed to spare most of the men from the last one, but who know's what they will do next?

19. - Top - End - #49

As mentioned previously, never actually played exalted though I am highly interested. I'm thinking of playing a martial night caste solar, an honorable sort who aspires to be a master swordsman after exalting but knows more than his fare share of the dishonorable and feels righteous using said knowledge after being chosen.

20. - Top - End - #50

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Eagle View Post
    As mentioned previously, never actually played exalted though I am highly interested. I'm thinking of playing a martial night caste solar, an honorable sort who aspires to be a master swordsman after exalting but knows more than his fare share of the dishonorable and feels righteous using said knowledge after being chosen.
    Since castes are alot more flexible then they were in first edition I would take over the eclipse Caste to make sure we have all angles covered. And maintain that perfect circle image ;-) .

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

*Waits for more info*
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

Rick Venture avatar by kpenguin, his GM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

I'm gonna find my backstory for the Dynast turned Dawn Caste I made a while back and put it here.

Spoiler: Iselsi Alpharius
    Show
    Alpharius was born to the disgraced House Iselsi, which would usually have resigned him to the life of a spy or a courtier. However, the young Dynast proved to have a brilliant strategic mind, and after a petition to the Empress herself, was permitted to be tutored at the House of Bells. While at the esteemed school, Alpharius developed a reputation of an up-jumped mortal scoundrel who spat in the face of the school’s rules, especially the ones requiring students to abstain from ‘earthly pleasures’ while attending class. What the young Dynast lacked in respect for authority, he made up for in his skill. Alpharius proved himself to be a great warrior, unmatched in the war games used to teach the students strategy. While his rival students at the House of Bells focused on battle strategies, Alpharius would often resort to more ‘subtle’ methods. Taking advantage of camouflage, disguising his soldiers, planting spies and even occasionally ‘peeking’ at his opponent’s battle plans the night before quickly caused him to rise to the top of his class.

Eventually, Alpharius was given his first task as a commander: one that would signal his graduation from the House of Bells. He and his fellow students were to take a legion of 5000 warriors to take back seven minor satrapies originally conquered by the Bull of the North. However, due to the sabotage of a rival student from House Cathak, Alpharius found himself in enemy lines alone with merely 100 soldiers. Nevertheless, Alpharius used his strategic skill to plan out his campaign while the other students launched their campaign.

The campaign was to take a year for the students to take back the satrapies. Thanks to Alpharius and his “Forgotten Legion” planning around the movements of both his enemies and his classmates, the young Dynast took all seven satrapies in only four months. When his rival from House Cathak finally brought his forces to the final satrapy, he found it the same as he had the others: taken already by Alpharius. However, he also saw Alpharius standing atop the satrapy’s palace, tearing down the banner of the Bull of the North…..the mark on his head shining as bright as the sun.

It was to be the greatest day of Alpharius’s life, but the discovery that he was Anathema horrified his teachers. He said that he went to the House of Bells to serve the Realm and that hadn’t changed with his Second Breath, but his superiors would not listen. He was denied graduation from the esteemed school and exiled from the Blessed Isle, never to command the Scarlet Empress’s armies again. Now Iselsi Alpharius, enraged by the ‘closed mindedness of the Realm he had called home, made a vow. If he could not be among the great Generals of the Realm, then he would best them on the field of battle.
    Last edited by dreamking; 2019-10-15 at 01:34 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53

Quote Originally Posted by Justanotherhero View Post
    Since castes are alot more flexible then they were in first edition I would take over the eclipse Caste to make sure we have all angles covered. And maintain that perfect circle image ;-) .
    Sorry. I didn't see that you called dibs on the Night Caste, sure I'll go with Eclipse.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, time to give 3e character creation a try. Wish me luck boys, I'm going in.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

There is more than 5 people who posted interest. There will be some overlap in castes. There is no "dibs" to be had.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

Rick Venture avatar by kpenguin, his GM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

I am reasonably certain I didn't mess this up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Name:
    Caste: Zenith
    Anima:
    Motivation:
    Intimacies:
    Supernal Ability: Presence
    Experience: 0
    Solar Experience: 0

**Attributes**
    --Physical (P)--
    Strength: ●●●●● (4bp)
    Dexterity: ●●●● (4bp)
    Stamina: ●●●●

--Social (T)--
    Charisma: ●●●
    Manipulation: ●
    Appearance: ●●●

--Mental (S)--
    Perception: ●●●
    Intelligence: ●●●
    Wits: ●●●

**Abilities**
    Caste:
    Athletics ●●●●● (feats of strength)
    Integrity ●●● (resisting temptation)
    Presence ●●●●● (Intimidating others)
    Lore
    Resistance ●●●
    Survival ●
    War

Favored:
    Melee ●
    Dodge ●●●
    Brawl ●●●● (vs single opponents)
    Archery ●
    Stealth ●

Other:
    War
    Awareness ●
    Thrown
    Lore
    Dodge
    Bureaucracy
    Craft
    Linguistics
    Occult
    Sail
    Socialize
    Investigation
    Ride

**MERITS**
    Resources ●●●
    Artifact ●●●●● (Dauntless)
    Mighty Thew ●●● (1bp)
    Boundless Endurance ●●
    Iron Stomach ●

**CHARMS** 6
    Excellent Solar Athletics
    Excellent Solar Presence
    Excellent Solar Integrity
    Excellent Solar Dodge
    Excellent Solar Larceny

Excellent Solar Melee
    Excellent Solar Brawl
    Excellent Solar Reistance
    Excellent Solar Survival
    Excellent Solar Archery

Listener Swaying Argument
    Harmonious Presence Meditation
    Tiger's Dread Symettry
    Majestic Radiant Presence
    Terrifying Apparition of Glory
    Blazing Glorious Icon

Lightning Speed
    Increasing Strength Exercise
    Ten Ox Meditation

Reed in the Wind

Fists of Iron Technique
    Fercious Jab

Perfect Shadow Stillness
    Invisible Statue Spirit
    Easily-Overlooked Presence Method
    Blinding Battle Feint

*ESSENCE*
    Permanent Essence: 1
    Willpower: ●●●●● ●● (2bp)
    *Motes*
    Personal: 13
    Peripheral: 47
    Comitted: 9

**COMBAT**
    Join Battle: 7
    Dodge: 4
    Parry: 5
    Soak: 12
    Hardness: 7

Attacks:
    Unarmed: Acc +10, Dmg 12, Def +0, Ovr 1, Bashing, Brawl, Grappling, Natural
    Axe: Acc +9, Dmg 14, Def +1, Ovr 1, Melee, Thrown (Short) Chopping

Health levels: 7
    0 [ ]
    -1 [ ] [ ]
    -2 [ ] [ ]
    -4 [ ]
    Inc. [ ]

27. - Top - End - #57

Working on the base concept while we wait for details.

I started work on an Eclipse Caste Solar, a swordsman raised to bargain with the local spirits in his area and keep them appeased. Alot of skill with the blade after exaltation, and some knowledge of the occult and sorcery as well as social abilities. I think I've gotten a hold on character creation and am working on the charms right now.

This isn't me nailing things down, just putting some work in while we wait for details so I don't have to scramble when the time comes.
    Last edited by Anti-Eagle; 2019-10-16 at 12:42 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58

RedWizardGuy

I can't get Lot-Casting Atemi to work, so I'll just get you to post character sheets on the OOC thread when I put it up. I'm planning the campaign now. Most of the results will be spoilers for the game, so I won't post much.
    One question, how do you feel about setting details inspired by Second Edition? You won't need any Second Edition books, since all the mechanics will be Third Edition and I won't assume the characters know anything beyond the Third Edition Core. But I've found some interesting things in the South that aren't mentioned in Third Edition which would help the game. What do you think?

29. - Top - End - #59

BardGuy

I only know the First Edition and believe a ST should be able to shine light on the setting in his own personal way. So feel free to combine from my side.
    Last edited by Justanotherhero; 2019-10-17 at 03:37 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60

I don't know much about the third edition setting, I'm fine with any decisions you make about the world assuming it still makes sense.