New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Discovery Season 3 - First Trailer - Lets get it rolling again boys!

So the first trailer has been dropped.

Michaels and the Discovery are trapped in a far future where life still exists, but the Federation no longer does.

Prépare for the plot of... Andromeda Discovery :-P

Kidding aside, I'm willing to let them have a running start. I liked season 1, loved season 2. So let's see how much fun they can have with this premise.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Discovery Season 3 - First Trailer - Lets get it rolling again boys!

There is also a new trailer for Picard, as well.

As for the Discovery one, here are my thought:

Sonequa Martin-Green looks pretty good with braids, I have to say.

Is Michael floating in one of the symbiote pools of the Caves of Mak'ala?
    Spoiler: Compare this to what's in the trailer
    Show

I see that a number of races still exist in the far flung future: Aside from humans, I see Andorians, Trills, a Cardassian, and even a Lurian.

I'm interested to see what they do with this. This is the farthest in the future we've ever seen in Star Trek. The whole Temporal Cold War stuff only went as far as the 31st century (that's when Daniels is from). This is 100 years after that. So really, anything goes. They are no longer constrained by any canon at all.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Discovery Season 3 - First Trailer - Lets get it rolling again boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    So the first trailer has been dropped.

Michaels and the Discovery are trapped in a far future where life still exists, but the Federation no longer does.

Prépare for the plot of... Andromeda Discovery :-P

Kidding aside, I'm willing to let them have a running start. I liked season 1, loved season 2. So let's see how much fun they can have with this premise.
    What's with the crappy website? I can't rewind the video.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    What's with the crappy website? I can't rewind the video.
    ... Star Trek. Com?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Here:

6. - Top - End - #6

So Michelle Yeoh is still scheduled to film her Section 31 spin-off...

That could happen in the future. Or they come back to the past.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I've been wondering about that since they went into the future. How will that work? Either they are only going to stay in this century for one season...or they find some way to get Phillipa alone back to the past. Or maybe it's going to be a new Section 31 for a new Starfleet?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

I really disliked the latter half of season 2, mostly due to Control as the villain. But the future is an interesting setting, and a pretty good solution to the canon problems that Discovery caused. I am hopeful that season 3 will be as good as the previous episodes, and that we never see that cut-rate Skynet/Borg hybrid again.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Anyone seen the two Short Treks? First one with Spock and Number One trapped in a turbolift, asking questions, it was quite well done. Though I don't get the constant use of Gilbert and Sullivan. I can do "Modern Major General" too, but I don't get why it keeps coming up in Trek.

The second, "The Trouble with Edward" was pretty fun. It was a blend of horror and dark comedy that might've been one of the most fun moments of Trek I've seen.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Netflix doesn't have them for some reason. All I've seen is a trailer on youtube.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    Netflix doesn't have them for some reason. All I've seen is a trailer on youtube.
    Netflix International got the last batch of Short Treks later, IIRC? I guess you will, but not yet.