The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142
Results 1,231 to 1,256 of 1256
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Thufir's Third Random Banter #224

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    ...ninjas, what ninjas? We ain't got no ninjas around here, nosireebob.
    >.>
    <.<
    Hey, it's DataPirate! How's traveling on the high cs?

Anyway, I need to get back to writing Post Terra, my half cyberpunk, half ecopunk, all terrible novel!
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Colossus in the Playground

I have a task for you folk of the internet. A powerful, important task, that I cannot do myself.

Back in 2010 and 2011, the Canadian cartoon network known as Teletoon ran a web-toon animation contest called Teletoon At Night Pitch Project, with which many people would enter and only a few could win. I found the winners, but I need, NEED the full list of titles, and I MUST find watchable versions of them. Because I am... 90% sure that the stupid ass Cell-Phone Super Hero show I mentioned a long time ago on this forum is there, and I have a mighty, unending need to see it again, to prove it exists at the very least.

I task this of you, internet folk, because I have lot a dozen other things to do and a m at work for another three hours. Please save me. Free from my torment.

Legend of Trains Avatar by Pinkhaired August. Choo choo!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    As said, it sounds like she wasn't too mad. As you apologised you should be fine.

Heck, I'm fairly certain one of the girls at work is transgender, and I'm somewhat overzealous when it comes to correcting people's pronoun usage.
    She wasn't too mad and I did apologize as I said before.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; Yesterday at 05:08 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1234

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I have a task for you folk of the internet. A powerful, important task, that I cannot do myself.

Back in 2010 and 2011, the Canadian cartoon network known as Teletoon ran a web-toon animation contest called Teletoon At Night Pitch Project, with which many people would enter and only a few could win. I found the winners, but I need, NEED the full list of titles, and I MUST find watchable versions of them. Because I am... 90% sure that the stupid ass Cell-Phone Super Hero show I mentioned a long time ago on this forum is there, and I have a mighty, unending need to see it again, to prove it exists at the very least.

I task this of you, internet folk, because I have lot a dozen other things to do and a m at work for another three hours. Please save me. Free from my torment.
    Well I can't find out, but if you do bring your torment to a close please send me the link, you've made me interested in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    She wasn't too mad and I did apologize as I said before.
    Hey, I have far more to apologise for to trans women than you do. Apparently looking down isn't the best way to avoid eye contact...

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Well I can't find out, but if you do bring your torment to a close please send me the link, you've made me interested in it!

Hey, I have far more to apologise for to trans women than you do. Apparently looking down isn't the best way to avoid eye contact...
    Well I didn't avoid eye contact despite my ADHD/Autism.

6. - Top - End - #1236

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Well I didn't avoid eye contact despite my ADHD/Autism.
    Well good for you. Some of us can only do it with those we're close to (like with hugging).

Also maybe I was being too subtle.

Show

7. - Top - End - #1237

Oh don't worry the instant I find proof of this I'm basically going to throw it at everyone I know.

God, this even fits too. George of the Jungle is ON Teletoon, of course it would be a Teletoon based web-toon contest. I just need to find someone who knows what the contestants were... there were so many I doubt even a list would be sufficient, but I know that if I just saw the title I'd zero in on it and explode my brain.

I'm tempted to literally scrawl through all of Platypus Comix to see if they have it, since that site has been running for ever and has so much old **** on it. But it's mostly Americana and Telemundo stuff...

8. - Top - End - #1238

Oh don't worry the instant I find proof of this I'm basically going to throw it at everyone I know.

God, this even fits too. George of the Jungle is ON Teletoon, of course it would be a Teletoon based web-toon contest. I just need to find someone who knows what the contestants were... there were so many I doubt even a list would be sufficient, but I know that if I just saw the title I'd zero in on it and explode my brain.

I'm tempted to literally scrawl through all of Platypus Comix to see if they have it, since that site has been running for ever and has so much old **** on it. But it's mostly Americana and Telemundo stuff...
    Look, our cartoons were things like Noddy or James the cat*, you lost me at 'entertaining. I so got into anime as a teen because I suddenly knew about animated shows with like plots, and action, and half decent animation, and not dullness. (Okay, I grew up in a time when UK animation was supplanted by US animation, which means I'm annoyed that I had no idea there was a Watership Down series until a few years ago.)

Also, hope my joke up there wasn't offensive, I really know about this stuff. Despite doing it eighty thousand and eighty five times.

* I think that's the correct capitalisation.

Show

9. - Top - End - #1239

Look, our cartoons were things like Noddy or James the cat*, you lost me at 'entertaining. I so got into anime as a teen because I suddenly knew about animated shows with like plots, and action, and half decent animation, and not dullness. (Okay, I grew up in a time when UK animation was supplanted by US animation, which means I'm annoyed that I had no idea there was a Watership Down series until a few years ago.)

Also, hope my joke up there wasn't offensive, I really know about this stuff. Despite doing it eighty thousand and eighty five times.

* I think that's the correct capitalisation.
    Yeah I've heard the UK's television shows are... weird.

I only just realize that it was a boob joke. It's fine, I think.

10. - Top - End - #1240

Yeah I've heard the UK's television shows are... weird.
    Look, there's nothing weird about a man having to hide a badger from his boss!

But yeah, UK kid's television especially is weird, but at the sane time wonderful and adored by university students. Our adult television is generally less weird, I mean, restoring a Victorian garden with period accurate tools and techniques is something every country bases a series on, right?

On the plus side, we made an incredibly funny Horrible Histories show. Booorn to rule over you...

I have to say that unfortunately we don't get much Canadian television over here, so I can only apply my views on Canada in general to it. So it must be like more refined, more sensible American TV?

ETA: and I just remembered how somebody else had to say Sooty's magic words for him. Yeah, weird is probably the right word (and I still remember when my siblings and myself were young we'd take out Sooty videos ay the library).

I only just realize that it was a boob joke. It's fine, I think.
    It's fine, maybe I need to be a bit less subtle when joking about 80085. I mean, I'be yet to find a person who dislikes them...

Okay, I'll stop now. But yeah, I really don't know where the line for these kinds of jokes are. Considering how filthy UK TV and radio can be even pre-watershed...
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; Yesterday at 06:14 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1241

Look, there's nothing weird about a man having to hide a badger from his boss!

But yeah, UK kid's television especially is weird, but at the sane time wonderful and adored by university students. Our adult television is generally less weird, I mean, restoring a Victorian garden with period accurate tools and techniques is something every country bases a series on, right?

On the plus side, we made an incredibly funny Horrible Histories show. Booorn to rule over you...

I have to say that unfortunately we don't get much Canadian television over here, so I can only apply my views on Canada in general to it. So it must be like more refined, more sensible American TV?

ETA: and I just remembered how somebody else had to say Sooty's magic words for him. Yeah, weird is probably the right word (and I still remember when my siblings and myself were young we'd take out Sooty videos ay the library).

It's fine, maybe I need to be a bit less subtle when joking about 80085. I mean, I'be yet to find a person who dislikes them...

Okay, I'll stop now. But yeah, I really don't know where the line for these kinds of jokes are. Considering how filthy UK TV and radio can be even pre-watershed...
    Yeah more or less. Canadian television is... ever so slightly refined compared to American shows. 6Teen, Total Drama (title), other stuff I can't remember all feel... different, from contemporary shows.

I mean you don't... have to stop? I'm not saying it's bad.

12. - Top - End - #1242

Yeah more or less. Canadian television is... ever so slightly refined compared to American shows. 6Teen, Total Drama (title), other stuff I can't remember all feel... different, from contemporary shows.
    I only know those titles from American websites. Sorry (darn, I've been trying to cut back on those).

I mean you don't... have to stop? I'm not saying it's bad.
    I mean, I seriously don't know where the boundaries are with that sort of comedy. I know boobs are fine, but I occasionally go further and that's much worse.

Then again I'm a weird person who has to fight the urge to ask if people have had bottom surgery, I'm used to repressing desires. I'll throw up those kind of jokes occasionally (I was literally mentally debating over whether I should try to make it a bum joke), but probably time to stop now.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; Yesterday at 06:45 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ogre in the Playground

I mean, I seriously don't know where the boundaries are with that sort of comedy. I know boobs are fine, but I occasionally go further and that's much worse.
    It's all... very audience-dependant. I'm pretty sure light joking about it's more than fine here, given how many people on all sides have expressed their appreciation for the subject in question, but...

Then again I'm a weird person who has to fight the urge to ask if people have had bottom surgery, I'm used to repressing desires.
    ...yeah, that's very much something that's probably not a good thing to ask, if you're, not, like, close to someone.

14. - Top - End - #1244

Okay so AnonWizard, here's some advice.

Bawdy humour; generally okay. Use caution and your own personal judgement. If you would feel uncomfortable about it, chances are other people will too.

Asking about someone's surgical status; you will be clocked upside the head with a four by four by someone.

15. - Top - End - #1245

Okay so AnonWizard, here's some advice.

Bawdy humour; generally okay. Use caution and your own personal judgement. If you would feel uncomfortable about it, chances are other people will too.

Asking about someone's surgical status; you will be clocked upside the head with a four by four by someone.
    Yeah, I know this, probably a bad example but I was using it to say 'yeah, I have experience not saying what I want to say'. I'll hurray go for now, make it easier for everybody.

Show

16. - Top - End - #1246

Yeah, I know this, probably a bad example but I was using it to say 'yeah, I have experience not saying what I want to say'. I'll hurray go for now, make it easier for everybody.
    I don't want you to leave I just was answering your question.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

I got 417 subscribers on my Youtube channel now. I'm still a demigod with a small number of subscribers.

18. - Top - End - #1248

I don't want you to leave I just was answering your question.
    Sorry, thought I'd actually offended there. I'm bad at this social stuff.

Show

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry, thought I'd actually offended there. I'm bad at this social stuff.
    From what I can gather, that wasn't "you offended me" it's a warning as in "I don't want you clocked on the head with a 4x4."

20. - Top - End - #1250

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    From what I can gather, that wasn't "you offended me" it's a warning as in "I don't want you clocked on the head with a 4x4."
    You people ate weird. Like the people who think I make a better human than I would a bumblebee.

Side note, I'm actually somewhat offended by all the speculation in the 'why are trans women more into RPGS than cisco women' thread. I'm still certain that statistically it's likely not that big a trend, and if my personal experience is anything to go by (it isn't) trans women tend to be a bit more nerdy than via women (I suspect they probably aren't on average).

Show

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

A discussion of Canadian Cartoons not being weird without dropping a link to the NFB Film Shorts?! UNACCEPTABLE!

They are not all weird, but one video (that may not be on the list) has shenanigans of a man who hadn't shovelled his drivewah which results in his wife fleeing the province.

Or the "teleportation machine actually kills you" discussion that results in murder suicide. To a catchy tune.

This **** is for kids.

Also a rare sighting of a House Hippo
    Last edited by Mith; Yesterday at 07:52 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1252

Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    A discussion of Canadian Cartoons not being weird without dropping a link to the NFB Film Shorts?! UNACCEPTABLE!

They are not all weird, but one video (that may not be on the list) has shenanigans of a man who hadn't shovelled his drivewah which results in his wife fleeing the province.

Or the "teleportation machine actually kills you" discussion that results in murder suicide. To a catchy tune.

This **** is for kids.

Also a rare sighting of a House Hippo
    ~black flies the little black flies, always the black flies no matter where you~

Anyway since you're Canadian maybe you can be a better soldier of fortune with regards to hunting down my request?

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

~black flies the little black flies, always the black flies no matter where you~

Anyway since you're Canadian maybe you can be a better soldier of fortune with regards to hunting down my request?
    I'll give it a crack. Think last time I found specific winners rather than the collection.

It may be later today as I am still at my office.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Ogre in the Playground

Zodi, I did a bit of googling and research and found a short list of the 2009 and 2010 finalists for the teletoon pilit project. found videos for most of them too, but none fit the "cellphone superhero" criteria until I started looking at the french ones mentioned in the 2010 and found La justicière en rose

https://vimeo.com/61138960

Is this the one you remembered?
    Last edited by oxybe; Yesterday at 10:39 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1255

Quote Originally Posted by oxybe View Post
    Zodi, I did a bit of googling and research and found a short list of the 2009 and 2010 finalists for the teletoon pilit project. found videos for most of them too, but none fit the "cellphone superhero" criteria until I started looking at the french ones mentioned in the 2010 and found La justicière en rose

https://vimeo.com/61138960

Is this the one you remembered?
    Nope, sorry v_v

As a reminder; the cell-phone superhero I'm hunting after is a kid who uses two cell-phones to turn into a two toned coloured mega-man like robot. The only scene I can remember is him fighting a giant alien rabbit monster and he says the phrase "silly rabbit, earth is for humans".

Don't bother searching that quote since it literally, according to google, has only been said once (now twice) by me.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Nope, sorry v_v

As a reminder; the cell-phone superhero I'm hunting after is a kid who uses two cell-phones to turn into a two toned coloured mega-man like robot. The only scene I can remember is him fighting a giant alien rabbit monster and he says the phrase "silly rabbit, earth is for humans".

Don't bother searching that quote since it literally, according to google, has only been said once (now twice) by me.
    Hah! I hate when I play myself like that with the search engine.