New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default I Love Ugly People

Believe it or not, I love ugly people because beautiful people are very insecure, smug, arrogant and vanity. (Only some people, not all as a whole.) I rather date an ugly woman than an attractive woman. I know many of you think that I'm talking crazy and figure what is up with Bartmanhomer? Well, it's the truth and that's how I feel about ugly people.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2019-10-08 at 08:27 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: I Love Ugly People

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Believe it or not, I love ugly people because beautiful people are very insecure, smug, arrogant and vanity. (Only some people, not all as a whole.) I rather date an ugly woman than an attractive woman. I know many of you think that I'm talking crazy and figure what is up with Bartmanhomer? Well, it's the truth and that's how I feel about ugly people.
    No we aren't. We are secure, humble, self effacing and deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    No we aren't. We are secure, humble, self effacing and deep.
    And smart. Considerate. Kind. Fast runners, incisive literary critics, excellent at drawing cartoons, good at asking people to take the trash out to the curb, poignant shoppers, we really have it all.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I'm not sure if I should be offended or flattered...
    Homebrew Stuff:

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

I find that everyone has some feature or another that is attractive if you're willing to see it. Some people just have *a lot* of attractive features.

GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Record
    Styx Rivermen, Feets Reloaded, and Selene's Seductive Strut
    Record: 42-17-13
    3-time Division Champ, Cup Champion

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomePirate

Huh.
    Even when thinking in stereotypes, I wouldn't associate "smug, arrogant and vain" with ugly people. Isn't smugness, arrogance and vanity more something you'd find in very pretty people?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murk View Post
    Huh.
    Even when thinking in stereotypes, I wouldn't associate "smug, arrogant and vain" with ugly people. Isn't smugness, arrogance and vanity more something you'd find in very pretty people?
    You would think, but we all know one famous ugly man who's smug, arrogant and vain. It's just due to his wealth and power, not his looks. (No, not him...that would break the rules. Richard III).
    Last edited by Scarlet Knight; 2019-10-09 at 06:46 AM.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Different people find different people beautiful. One of my friends, who I consider beautiful, has been told by people that she's 'cute, not pretty but ****able'.

I'd also argue that 1) you're generalising, and 2) you're possibly attracted more to personality than looks. You don't dislike beautiful people, you dislike insecure, smug, arrogant, and vain people.

As a pretty person I can say that we can be insecure and vain without being smug and arrogant, and we can in fact show different sides of us at different points. And as has been said, we're also just the best at cooking, kindness, and public speaking, what's not to love? I mean, if that's not enough we have cake, you like cake right? Or if not I suppose we can whip up something savoury, how does roast beef with all the trimmings sound?
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    No we aren't. We are secure, humble, self-effacing and deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    And smart. Considerate. Kind. Fast runners, incisive literary critics, excellent at drawing cartoons, good at asking people to take the trash out to the curb, poignant shoppers, we really have it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Different people find different people beautiful. One of my friends, who I consider beautiful, has been told by people that she's 'cute, not pretty but ****able'.

I'd also argue that 1) you're generalising, and 2) you're possibly attracted more to personality than looks. You don't dislike beautiful people, you dislike insecure, smug, arrogant, and vain people.

As a pretty person, I can say that we can be insecure and vain without being smug and arrogant, and we can, in fact, show different sides of us at different points. And as has been said, we're also just the best at cooking, kindness, and public speaking, what's not to love? I mean, if that's not enough we have cake, you like cake right? Or if not I suppose we can whip up something savoury, how does roast beef with all the trimmings sound?
    Have any of you three seen the movie, Shallow Hal?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Have any of you three seen the movie, Shallow Hal?
    No, is there a reason to bring it up?
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    No, is there a reason to bring it up?
    Well, Shadow Hal happen to be a movie which is about a guy who sees beautiful women as an illusion which they appear to be their unattractive appearance.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    I'm not sure if I should be offended or flattered...
    Well, that probably depends on which you are, and whether Bartmanhomer finding you lovable to be a positive or negative.

Well, Shadow Hal happen to be a movie which is about a guy who sees beautiful women as an illusion which they appear to be their unattractive appearance.
    Oh god, that bottom-feeder of a movie. That was Hollywood embarrassing itself. "Let's put peak Gwyneth Paltrow in a fat suit, triple down on the 'fat people are disgusting' tropes, have the protagonist be able to see said fat person's 'inner beauty' (get this, a conventionally beautiful person), and pretend we're now being respectful of people outside of the size-zero-clothing set."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Also, we hate sports.
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Banned

DruidGirl

The problem is, I don't think a woman would want to date you after you call her ugly.

Besides, ugly people sadly do not automatically make up for their looks by having lovely personalities. Life isn't fair that way.

People who make a lot of effort to look conventionally beautiful might be a bit boring, as they don't have time for other things, and they might be a bit vain and conceited (though for some others they simply make the effort because they are insecure, especially women) but that's about it.

The looks with which someone is born say nothing about their personality.

It would be wiser to look for a woman with a nice personality and tolerate a lack of beauty than to look for an ugly woman and assume that she must have a lovely personality.

@Anonymouswizard: That friend of yours, the men (it was men, right?) who consider her "****able" (I can guess what the censored word is, and someone telling me that would be lucky to not be slapped in the face), do they think they have a chance with her?

That's an even worse thing to say to a woman than "you are ugly, but you are lucky, I am attracted to nice personalities, and yours must be great, seeing how ugly you are!"

It's admitting that they don't value her as a fellow human being, and that's extremely unattractive.

Interestingly, the most beautiful man I ever met had a very nice and pleasant personality, while the most surprisingly unattractive man I remember (surprising because he had the reputation to be a casanova, which I found puzzling) had a rather unpleasant personality and lacked a sense of humour. It is well possible that to a heterosexual man, they would not look noticeably different except that the former guy put more effort into his appearance.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Well, the converse is true also though, which defeats the point of the movie.

He sees everyone based on their internal qualities, so people who are ugly inside look ugly outside while people who are beautiful inside look beautiful outside.

But his viewing of them is still based on physical attractiveness. He's not accepting them because of their normal appearance and qualities, he's accepting them because the look physically beautiful to him. It therefore hasn't really changed anything.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Themrys View Post
    The problem is, I don't think a woman would want to date you after you call her ugly.

Besides, ugly people sadly do not automatically make up for their looks by having lovely personalities. Life isn't fair that way.

People who make a lot of effort to look conventionally beautiful might be a bit boring, as they don't have time for other things, and they might be a bit vain and conceited (though for some others they simply make the effort because they are insecure, especially women) but that's about it.

The looks with which someone is born to say nothing about their personality.

It would be wiser to look for a woman with a nice personality and tolerate a lack of beauty than to look for an ugly woman and assume that she must have a lovely personality.

@Anonymouswizard: That friend of yours, the men (it was men, right?) who consider her "****able" (I can guess what the censored word is, and someone telling me that would be lucky to not be slapped in the face), do they think they have a chance with her?

That's an even worse thing to say to a woman than "you are ugly, but you are lucky, I am attracted to nice personalities, and yours must be great, seeing how ugly you are!"

It's admitting that they don't value her as a fellow human being, and that's extremely unattractive.

Interestingly, the most beautiful man I ever met had a very nice and pleasant personality, while the most surprisingly unattractive man I remember (surprising because he had the reputation to be a casanova, which I found puzzling) had a rather unpleasant personality and lacked a sense of humour. It is well possible that to a heterosexual man, they would not look noticeably different except that the former guy put more effort into his appearance.
    I meant ugly in a good positive way, not the other way around.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm sure I'm confused. I thought it was my vain arrogance and smug insecurity that makes me attractive enough to overcome my detestable physical attributes. Or something. Anyway, my mom always said I was handsome.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Banned

DruidGirl

I meant ugly in a good positive way, not the other way around.
    I am proud of knowing a lot of the meanings of English words, but I don't think I know the positive meaning of ugly.

You could get away with telling a woman that you don't mind her being "plain" or "homely", but "ugly" is always negative for all I know.

But really, you'd better just tell her you like her sense of humour and not mention her looks at all.
    Last edited by Themrys; 2019-10-09 at 09:35 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Themrys View Post
    I am proud of knowing a lot of the meanings of English words, but I don't think I know the positive meaning of ugly.

You could get away with telling a woman that you don't mind her being "plain" or "homely", but "ugly" is always negative for all I know.

But really, you'd better just tell her you like her sense of humour and not mention her looks at all.
    The positive meaning of ugly is inner beauty. You don't need make-up and plastic surgery to be beautiful.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

The Fullmetal Mod: We're all beautiful in our own ways, and we're going to leave it at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature