The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 119
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    "Motherfu--" Cecie shouts, biting off the profanity at the last second, grabbing at her arm. Her eyes narrow dangerously, and her blood pounds in her ears. It'd been a while since she'd actually been hurt, and that had hurt like hell.

    "Why me?! I didn't even touch your stupid gold!" Cecie shouts, spinning in place. And here, she drops into Sylvan, having a guess as to what was assaulting them - or at least, the vague idea of what sort of creature would do something like that. After all, she came from a place full of pranksters.

    "You really wanna go down this road? There's one of you and four of us, and I'm pretty sure one of us is immune to pretty much every trick up your sleeve. You wanna come out and talk to us, or you wanna get ganked the moment someone clues in on your invisibility? Because I guarantee at least one of us can see invisible creatures, and I got a lot of spells for throwing around sticky dust that'll make you show up. You come out, talk to us, and I promise by the Fae I won't let my companions murder you. You keep up this redcap-level nonsense and you'll be dead by the end of the day. Probably sooner."

    Spoiler: Dice
    Show
    Diplomacy - (1d20+18)[23]


    As she speaks, she reaches into her component pouch and seizes a handful of ground mica.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Readied action to cast glitterdust centered on the area of the attacked person (if someone gets attacked next), Will DC 19 to avoid being blinded if it hits the invisible creature (and the unfortunate person who also gets cast on), but no save to avoid getting outlined in shiny dusts.
    Last edited by RelentlessImp; 2019-11-04 at 12:00 AM.
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.
    I cast irresistable phantasmal killer as a 4th level spell. No save, just die.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Livia glances at Cecie's arm in concern before swiftly flying over. "May I?" she asks, but she doesn't bother waiting for a response and lays two fingers over the wound. Cecie's wound immediately begins to heal, but the cost is immediately clear as an identical wound forms on Livia's arm, though less severe than Cecie's had been.

    "I would take her at her word, oh mysterious assailant. She is rather gleefully prone to fiery violence."

    [I have no combat experience from my world. Would a means of magical detection locate a magical source of invisibility?]

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    We may not be in combat yet, but just in case: swift action Health Sense to determine party member's HP values, move to Cecie, a free action transferring her Fast Healing 3 to Cecie for the round Via Collective Healing, a standard action to Transfer Wounds, healing Cecie Healing - (2d6+7)[18]HP, and dealing the value of the rolled dice (but not the extra 7 HP) to Livia.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    [Detect magic you mean, it's not really much use on anything that moves, they leave the cone before you're done pinpointing the location, same issue with detect undead, detect evil and most other spells with detect in the name. Not that I'm much better, I've got glitterdust of course, but that needs me to know where to aim.]

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Spoiler: Livia
    Show
    Cecie has healed to max hp minus 1. For reasons that are not clear, the wound does not quite heal fully, though it should have. Feel free to make a Heal check on Discord to see what Livia can figure out.


    Tense seconds pass with the party still waiting in the hallway, but there is no second attack. At least not yet.

    There is nothing in the hallway. The only things you see are the closed door leading out into the smoke filled garden and the doorless doorways leading into empty rooms along the hallway. There are doors leading further away from the hallway in those rooms, but all the ones you have seen have been closed.
    Throw the dice high.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Eldan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Sundrop's aura of light flares for a second, as she waves her hands wildly, then scans the entire room around them.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting See invisibility.
    I solemnly swear,
    To devote my life and abilities,
    In defence of the United Nations of Earth,
    To defend the Constitution of Man,
    And to further the universal rights of all sentient life.
    From the depths of the pacific, to the edge of the galaxy.
    For as long as I shall live.

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    There is nothing invisible in the hallway or the rooms you see from where you are standing by the closed door to the garden.
    Throw the dice high.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Cecie stares down at the mark left on her arm from the mostly-healing, eyes narrowing slightly. Okay, that wasn't right.

    [Alright. That wasn't the least bit entertaining. And if this scars I'm going to reach up this guy's anus and tear out his tonsils.] The colorful emotional backdrop to Cecie's telepathy flashes through an array of neon emotions of anger and annoyance. [There's not a lot we can actually do right now to stop this guy.] As she speaks, she flutters her altered wings and flits towards the door, peeking out to keep an eye on the hedge maze. [Soon as the maze is burnt down, though, we're going through. We should focus on punching into the center of the dungeon as fast as possible and outrunning this guy unless he shows himself.]
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.
    I cast irresistable phantasmal killer as a 4th level spell. No save, just die.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Another deep gash appears along Cecie's arm. She takes 19 points of damage.

    Sundrop sees nothing unusual despite the magic's aid, not even a projectile.

    You remain in the hallway.
    Throw the dice high.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Eldan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Sundrop whistles appreciately.
    "Whoever this is, they are good.
    Then she collects herself.
    Sorry, that was a bit mean. Are you badly hurt? This is either really good invisibility, or some kidn of ranged effect that is too fast to see. Or some freaky magic. Anyone got an antimagic field in their pocket?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    You said we're in a hallway. What does it look like? Just straight down into the mansion? Any doors, windows, any other openings this could come from? If it's just a hallway, I'll fly down one way, and back the other, 50 feet each way, covering both sides.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2019-11-06 at 11:02 AM.
    I solemnly swear,
    To devote my life and abilities,
    In defence of the United Nations of Earth,
    To defend the Constitution of Man,
    And to further the universal rights of all sentient life.
    From the depths of the pacific, to the edge of the galaxy.
    For as long as I shall live.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Livia's eyes narrow as the second gash appears. [There is an evil to this that is beyond my ability to full heal, at least at the moment, and without more information. Though... if we have yet to identify the cause of the attacks, they may be magical in nature... Let me take a look.

    Also, if we are being attacked in a manner we can't detect, this may be of use. It will hinder things being cast into or within it, but it should help protect us.
    ] The large field of light surrounds Livia again as she inspects the new injury.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Free action to divert Fast Healing 3 to Cecie. Standard Action spending 2 pp to manifest and augment Detect Psionics with a duration of 18 rounds, and with no contraction required; going to start examining Cecie. Free action to pull up the Protective Aura, granting +4 deflection to AC/+4 resistance vs saves and effects of evil creatures, as well as the Lesser Globe of Invunerability.

    Had to make sure to do those in the right order or the Globe would've prevented the Detect Psionics

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Sundrop sees nothing new and does not run into anything as he zooms up and down the hallway.

    Like the first wound, this one refuses to fully heal. Cecie will cap out at max hp -2. Detect Psionics reveals that there is an ongoing, supernatural effect on Cecie that is not supposed to be there.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-11-06 at 05:35 PM.
    Throw the dice high.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    [I'm not entirely sure what I'm seeing, as this sort of thing didn't exist on my world, but it seems like there is some sort of supernatural effect on you, Cecie, that I would guess probably doesn't belong.]

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Not sure if supernatural abilities can be identified by Spell/Psicraft, but it doesn't hurt to try.
    Psicraft - (1d20+11)[15] to try to identify the effect on Cecie.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    [Yeah, it's getting old really fast. The fire's not going out for a bit - let's check out some of these other doors. We'll just have to try to deal with me getting sliced for as long as we can.]
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.
    I cast irresistable phantasmal killer as a 4th level spell. No save, just die.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    [Exploring is fine by me, lets pick a door. I do hope this isn't making us look bad]

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    [I've no objection to exploring; I can heal just as well on the move. Especially considering that idly standing around in dungeons has now been proven to be a bad idea. I'd say let's try to keep track of whatever twists and turns we make, but I imagine it would be a simple matter to keep track of unless the dungeon decides to be difficult, in which case keeping track will likely be pointless...]

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Eldan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    "Not sure there is much to explore, though. All the rooms seem empty."
    I solemnly swear,
    To devote my life and abilities,
    In defence of the United Nations of Earth,
    To defend the Constitution of Man,
    And to further the universal rights of all sentient life.
    From the depths of the pacific, to the edge of the galaxy.
    For as long as I shall live.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    [Well, if we are going to explore, first things first, I think we need to make sure that we are all in the same room or hall before opening or closing any new doors. I'd rather not give the dungeon the opportunity to easily split us up.]

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    [Well, enough standing around, inviting disaster. Unless anyone has a convincing reason to go another way, I vote left.] Livia enters the first room on the left with their backs to the garden, and hovers roughly in the middle of the room.
    Last edited by Ryton; 2019-11-13 at 11:23 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Vhaak does not have a convincing reason, so he follows.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Cecie grumbles to herself. Why was she being targeted? Could it be the shard? Well. Maybe. But she doesn't have any better suggestions, either, so she follows along into the room, twitching nervously at the corners of her eyes, expecting another nasty slash at any moment.
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.
    I cast irresistable phantasmal killer as a 4th level spell. No save, just die.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    The whole party enters one of the rooms, and... nothing happens. There seems to be nothing sinister or suspicious here. No hidden doors, no poison coating the door handles. When someone opens the next door, for a brief moment Sundrop catches sight of a creature, veiled in invisibility. It is small, about as big as Vhaak, but wrinkled and menacing. A Fey creature, dressed in green with a strange hat. Dried blood permeates one of its sleeves, and it's holding a scythe. When it realizes Sundrop can see it it flashes a brief, bright smile and disappears into thin air.

    Cecie takes 20 points of damage as a third wound appears on her arm.
    Throw the dice high.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    "Fffffffffffffff--!" Cecie snarls. She was officially done. "Alright, then, you reprobate! Have some gods-be-damned GLITTER!" And she hurls ground mica out of her pouch and speaks the arcane words that transform the glittering mica in the air into a sudden blanket of glowing dust in the area surrounding her. Potentially blinding herself, she was not playing games with this thing anymore.

    Spoiler: Stuff
    Show

    Init of 34 for Cecie.
    Glitterdust centered on Cecie, possibly fast enough to catch the damn thing before it can run from her, 10ft radius, and of course Cecie needs to save against her own spell.
    DC 19 Will save to avoid being blinded, but no save for the glitter.
    Will Save - (1d20+6)[9]


    Covered in glitter, and having just blinded herself Cecie rubs briefly at her eyes. "Agh! Give me coordinates and I'll burn the little bastard into cinders if you see him!" she shouts, her hand already in her component pouch again.
    Last edited by RelentlessImp; 2019-11-16 at 05:28 AM.
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.
    I cast irresistable phantasmal killer as a 4th level spell. No save, just die.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Livia gives a disgruntled sigh as the latest wound appears on Cecie's arm. [Well, it appears my aura is of no use here. But then, it doesn't seem like anything is of use here.]

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Dropping the aura, redirect Fast Healing to Cecie, and Transfer Wounds for (2d6+6)[11].
    So, 14 HP healed for Cecie this round
    Last edited by Ryton; 2019-11-16 at 05:37 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Eldan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    "There he is!"
    Sundrop points in the vague direction of where she last saw the... dwarf? Gnome? Mean hat bastard.
    "Listen buddy, we fairly appropriated tjos gold as licensed treasure acquisition agents of the crown! You got nothing to stand on!"
    She frantically scans the room, trying to catch another glimpse.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Just spending a move action looking around to see if I can find him again. Fly where he was, look around.

    In case I find him and he's vaguely in jump range:
    Sudden leap: Jump
    [roll]1d20+11

    Soaring Raptor Strike
    Attack roll:
    (1d20+27)[35]
    Damage:
    (4d6+12)[27]
    [/spoiler]
    I solemnly swear,
    To devote my life and abilities,
    In defence of the United Nations of Earth,
    To defend the Constitution of Man,
    And to further the universal rights of all sentient life.
    From the depths of the pacific, to the edge of the galaxy.
    For as long as I shall live.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Eldan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler tag broke.

    Jump:
    (1d20+11)[24]
    I solemnly swear,
    To devote my life and abilities,
    In defence of the United Nations of Earth,
    To defend the Constitution of Man,
    And to further the universal rights of all sentient life.
    From the depths of the pacific, to the edge of the galaxy.
    For as long as I shall live.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Vhaak is readying an action to glitterdust where Sundrop indicates when Sundrop points the invisible thing out.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    A plan formulated to glitterdust the little bastard the next time he reveals himself, the party waits for tense seconds. But the creature does not strike. Seconds turn to minutes, and if anyone searches there is no trace of the thing. Maintaining a greater degree of paranoia the party returns to waiting for the hedge maze to burn down completely, and though it takes quite a while, the smoke finally does begin to clear. Where exactly it went is... not clear. Did the dungeon eat it? Though it's not entirely gone, you can now breathe on the other side of the door.

    The maze reduced to ashes, the garden is considerably large than before, albeit not very pleasant to look at. The scorched landscape has lost all colour and there is a layer of soot covering the sky.

    A new path forward has revealed itself, however. Other than the steps leading down into what looks like a cellar under the mansion there is now also a wide hole at what must have been the center of the maze, leading down into darkness. It is about 30 feet wide. There is no natural light below, nor are there any signs of monsters or traps near the top of the hole.
    Throw the dice high.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Vhaak will cast a new shield spell and head toward the hole. "Right then, down we go, we've done more than enough waiting, and lets try not to set the next room ablaze."

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    The hole seems to lead straight down, at least initially. It doesn't look like a particularly hard climb for those who have any experience in that, but it would be quite a long fall for anyone who lost their grip. The hole extends beyond the range of Vhaak's darkvision.
    Throw the dice high.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Vhaak is going to just jump down and cast featherfall, no need to waste a fly spell. "I can't see the bottom, so it's more than 60 feet down, fortunately I know a nice quick method of decent."
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2019-11-22 at 08:24 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •