The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 122
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Livia flies over the pit and peers down into its depths.[I can't see the bottom either. I wish I had a light source to drop down there before we leap, but we can do without. Try not to drop to quickly or too slowly as too much distance will sever my mental connection to our all. I am ready whenever you all are.]

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Livia has a fly speed of 60, so she can safely descend 120ft/round.

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Cecie has, by this point, resumed her more colorful appearance. She peers down the hole, still twitching around the eyes, a bit nervous about the murderous thing that had been trying to kill her and doing a hell of a job of it. Rather than drain her colors away, she instead shrinks this time as she casts the spell, becoming a much smaller version of herself at about two and a half feet with diaphonous, gossamer wings that went through a gradient of a neon rainbow, glittering in the light.

    "Hey, is it my fault that setting things on fire is usually the right choice?" Cecie asks, watching as Vhaak disappears down the hole. "Who knows how long we'd have had to explore the hedge maze to find this hole?" She steps lightly off the edge of the hole and uses her neon wings to control her descent downwards. "Let's face it, few obstacles aren't overcome by letting them burn."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Using alter self to turn into a pixie, with a 60 (good) Fly speed.
    Also making Perception checks while descending, with a 60ft Darkvision.
    Perception - (1d20+11)[22]
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.
    I cast irresistable phantasmal killer as a 4th level spell. No save, just die.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    The party begins a quick descent into the hole. The 'daylight' above quickly fades, artificial though it must have been, leaving only a distant, slowly shrinking blue dot high above.

    There appear to be no traps or monsters in the pit itself, although as you approach the bottom you notice the walls suddenly become very smooth. Vhaak is able to catch himself and grab hold of the wall just above where the stone turns smooth if he wants, but if he doesn't he probably won't get another chance and will have to slowly fall down to the actual bottom (Or cast another spell).

    Some 20 feet after the stone turns smooth, the hole opens up into a large cavern from above. There are no light sources. There are, however, what looks like the top of large, withered tree crowns. Withered or not, trees shouldn't reasonably grow down here, but there does appear to be a small forest below.
    Throw the dice high.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    [Please at least discuss it next time, there's ways to kill plants that don't fill the place with smoke]

    Vhaak is just going to fall all the way.
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2019-11-23 at 06:54 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Livia halts her decent a few inches from the ground. [I would also recommend at least temporarily abstaining from setting everything ablaze. At least not until it's a distinct tactical advantage. Until then, I'm curious to see what we have found. I don't recall, did we determine whether any of us are particularly capable of scouting?]

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Manifesting Synesthete again, feeling light.

    Perception - (1d20+22)[33] for immediate surroundings.

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    There appears to be no light down here other than what the party brought with you, although standing directly beneath the hole you can still make out a faint blue dot above.

    Vhaak lands safely.

    Livia quickly scans the forest floor. There are no leaves on the ground, only sterile rock. There does appear to be life here, however. Livia catches movement out of the corner of her eye - tiny little things that scurry away from the party. Their shapes range from a purplish bloated snake to a... hand shaped... crab... thing. While the ones close to you quickly flee, there are a few further away that seem to be watching you with caution from hiding spots.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Feel free to roll Knowledge: Dungeoneering on Discord. Also, if anyone has special senses, please remind me, as you don't all seem to list these things in the same parts of your sheets.


    The cavern and forest are vast, and it's not immediately clear which way will lead forward.
    Throw the dice high.

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    [Careful, there seem to be some... peculiar creatures about. I have no idea what manner of creatures they are though. For now they do not seem immediately hostile, but as I understand with dungeons, that is likely to change.] Livia projects to her companions.

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Cecie tilts her head to the side as they land at the bottom, studying the forest for a few moments.

    [This place looks a lot like the Adventure Rooms back home; we had my sweet sixteen at a pizza place with one. It was pretty silly. Fake trees, concrete rocks, and cardboard enemies that burned really easy. I think I gave the poor employee playing the part of the End Boss PTSD for the rest of his life, though; some people just aren't prepared to see a sixteen year old girl ready to rip their throat out with her teeth, you know? Speaking of, given that we've found ourselves a forest, pyromania might be the way forward again.] Cecie waits a beat.

    [Kidding. Kind of, anyways.] She flutters her glittery rainbow gossamer wings, flitting up into the air, staying about ten feet off the ground at all times. [Don't wanna piss off the locals, but if they start some, they'll get some. I've still got lots and lots of fire.]
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.
    I cast irresistable phantasmal killer as a 4th level spell. No save, just die.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    [I believe our conclusion with regards to scouting was that none of us know how to disable a trap, but both I and Sundrop are capable of moving quietly through the shadows. Can't say I've heard of an adventure room, but this place certainly seems a little off. Perhaps we should stick to less smokey methods of deforestation, at least until we come up with a way to see through smoke. Anyone know what those things even are?]

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Livia gives a small shrug in response to being asked what the creatures might be. [I haven't the slightest idea what they might be. And though I'm certainly not judging them by their size, I have a nagging suspicion that there is something much larger and more dangerous not very far away.

    But we're not going to learn much staying right here. Does anyone object to literally bringing some light to bear on the situation?
    ]

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    [As no one is volunteering for the scouting assignment, I'll take the collective silence as a "no," then, and just take a look around then, shall I?] Livia states coolly after a moment's pause to allow anyone to respond.

    She gently raises her elevation to around 25 feet before emitting beams of light from her eyes, illuminating the floor of the room below.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Flying higher to make some room between Livia and the critters. Then she'll manifest Synesthete to feel light, then the talent My Light, which creates a 20 foot come of light, and 20 additional feet of dim light, both of which are effectively doubled to 40 feet for her, due to her Low-Light Vision. Not going to wander far from the party, no more than ~50 feet horizontally, but taking in a more detailed survey of the surrounding area.

    Perception - (1d20+22)[31]

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    As Livia explores, it becomes clear that all the strange little creatures prefer to stay at a distance. None of them looks aggressive, but... you never know.

    Although she isn't an expert on Aberrations in general, as she sees more and more of the creatures, her knowledge as a healer starts to leak in. These creatures are likely symbionts - parasites that confer one or another supernatural advantage to their host, while being entirely selfish. They can be useful for those who are not squeamish, but... they do permanently attach to and feed on their hosts, and tend to punish behaviour they don't like. They are intelligent, but don't speak except telepathically with their hosts.

    Killing them should be very easy, if you want to do that. They do tend to be evil.

    Without going further away from the party, or the whole party moving, Livia sees no signs of an end to the forest of withered trees.
    Throw the dice high.

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    [The way I see it we have two options, pick a direction and start walking, or start killing whatever those things are and see if anything happens, they're probably going to become hostile eventually anyway.]

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    After a short exploration, Livia returns to the group[Though I don't know the specifics of these particular creatures, it seems to me that they are some form of symbionts, parasite-like creatures that bestow some ability or another in exchange for exploiting the body of the host. If the host and symbiont aren't compatible in goals or ideals, they can attempt to exert control over the hosts body. They tend to be evil and I have no idea what abilities these creatures might grant, nor what they would demand in return. That said, they generally tend to not be overly strong on their own without a host to protect them, so fighting them is certainly an option.]

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    [So what I'm hearing is we should burn down the forest to avoid being infected with parasites,] Cecie replies, flitting up a bit higher into the air to about fifteen feet from the ground, looking around nervously. [I might not have much of a brain but it's mine and I don't wanna give it to some parasitical leech. So talk me out of burning the place down to kill the parasites.]
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.
    I cast irresistable phantasmal killer as a 4th level spell. No save, just die.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    [We are not burning it down, that'll make loads of smoke and we'll be waiting around unable to do anything. Just kill them normally.]
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2019-12-01 at 06:39 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    [Well, first of all, without a host to protect them, the parasites really aren't that much of a threat, certainly not enough of one to merit deforestation. They're probably here to tempt us, like the gold from earlier. Except, you know, vaguely under control of the dungeon, so yeah, probably not a great idea for us to willingly serve as host, especially since we don't even know what we'd get out of the bargain. I suggest we just move on.] Livia looks thoughtful for a moment before asking [Does anyone have a means of marking where we've been? Something like a trail of crumbs, so to speak, to find our way back if the dungeon doesn't shift it after we move on? All I have is my sand, which I'd rather not just haphazardly abandon.]

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    eek Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    [Nothing disposable here, and this place might just eat anything we let out of sight right up anyway. Could try carving marks in trees if you wanted.]

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    [Yes, I was thinking more along the lines of carving marks, or scorching the occasional rock or something. We can go with that. I don't have a dagger, but I suppose this will suffice.] Livia reaches into her bag for what seems like a shade longer than should probably be necessary, then pulls out a small dagger made of sand. She then flies over and makes a small mark on the nearest tree. [Alright, and as for direction... I think that is the direction we were walking in before jumping down the hole, so let's go that way.] She points in the direction she believes they were already heading and begins to lead the way her eyes lighting the path, and occasionally scoring marks on the trees.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Take a 10 on the Wis check for the Shapesand, and a Survival - (1d20+7)[12] check to determine heading (or a random direction if it doesn't pass and she's not corrected, really just looking to get moving on).

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    So trees don't usually bleed when you carve them.

    Trees also usually don't attack anyone.

    This one waited just long enough for Livia to break its bark before lashing out with a vine.
    Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    Attack: (1d20)[2] (The attack bonus is not known to you, but you'll be able to figure it out over time, as you compare AC to attack rolls)

    The attack misses.
    One of the fake trees having lashed out, others near and far drop the pretense as well. It seems most of the biomass in this forest is monsters.

    Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show
    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U
    1 t
    2 I I I t
    3 I I I t t I I I
    4 I I I t t I I I
    5 t t I I I
    6 t I I I
    7 t I I I
    8 I I I t
    9
    10 t t
    11 t t I I I t
    12 I I I t
    13 t t I I I I I I
    14 t L I I I
    15 I I I
    16
    17 I I I V S t t
    18 I I I C t t
    19 I I I t t
    20 t
    21 t I I I
    22 t t t I I I
    23 I I I t t I I I
    24 I I I t
    25 I I I
    t = Just a tree?

    L = Livia
    V = Vhaak
    C = Cecie
    S = Sundrop

    I = No doubt a tree.


    Initiative:
    Livia: (1d20)[19]
    Vhaak: (1d20+4)[6]
    Cecie: (1d20+14)[19]
    Sundrop: (1d20+12)[22]

    Happy fun time plant friends: (1d20+3)[11]

    Block initiative: All allies faster than the enemy may act in any order. Then the enemies act. Then all allies may act in any order. Then the enemy. Then all allies. Etc. Right now, everyone except Vhaak may act.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-12-02 at 09:07 PM.
    Throw the dice high.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Livia ducks her head as the vine swipes wide. [Hmm. It would seem at least some of the larger inhabitants weren't even lurking out of sight. If it's not too much to ask, Cecie, if you could include at least some of the smaller trees in your fiery retribution, I'd like to verify whether or not they are simple trees.]

    As Livia retreats from the tree, she flies higher and attempts to dodge any further strikes from the vines.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Standard action to take Total Defense, then move to L17, 30ft in the air

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    [VINDICATION!] comes the crowing of Cecie in their minds, with a flash of smug satisfaction over the fact that she should have been slashing and burning the entire time. This time, she's not putting up with any crap. There's a brief, murmured word, and suddenly everyone feels a wave of caffeination wash over them, jittery and hyperactive, as Cecie unleashes her secret weapon - haste. For her part, however, it goes beyond mere caffeination - her very figure seems to blur and twist, and afterimages flicker in the air around her with every movement of her body and limbs.

    "Time for a FOREST FIRE!" Cecie shouts, as she raises her hands, moving smoothly from the casting of the haste and into the casting of another spell. No prizes for guessing what it is. The bead of fire, this time blue-orange, launches from an outstretched hand into a cluster of trees behind them before ballooning outwards into coruscating flames. Her afterimages flicker as she zips upwards, higher into the air, so she can get a better vantage point.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Swift: Cast haste, quickened by Swiftblade's Sudden Casting ability, affecting self and everyone else, adding +1 Dodge AC and Reflex saves, 30ft to all forms of movement (up to twice base). Additionally, Cecie gains 50% miss chance and 30% chance to ignore any spells targeting her specifically for the next six rounds, and on her the haste is undispellable and functions in an AMF.

    Standard: Cast fireball at the center of M&N 22-23, catching the entirety of the cluster surrounding M-24, and the trees in R-22, R-23, S-22, S-23, and Q-21 in the fireball for (6d6+6)[25] damage, DC 20 Reflex for half.

    Move: Fly upwards as high as possible with a 90ft (Good) movement speed.
    Last edited by RelentlessImp; 2019-12-03 at 12:35 AM.
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.
    I cast irresistable phantasmal killer as a 4th level spell. No save, just die.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    As Livia retreats, the 'tree' swipes at her once more, this time managing to connect for 15 damage, and leaving a wound that keeps bleeding. The vine wraps around her and blocks her escape, preventing her movement as well as draining her vitality.
    Spoiler: Fortitude save
    Show
    (1d20+10)[15]
    That's a fail. She takes (1d6)[6] Constitution damage.


    Cecie scorches one of the creatures, as well as several of the smaller trees, which do not seem to be feigning innocence, then flies swiftly up and away from danger.

    Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show
    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U
    1 t
    2 I I I t
    3 I I I t t I I I
    4 I I I t t I I I
    5 t t I I I
    6 t I I I
    7 t I I I
    8 I I I t
    9
    10 t t
    11 t t I I I t
    12 I I I t
    13 t t I I I I I I
    14 t L I I I
    15 I I I
    16
    17 I I I V S t t
    18 I I I C t t
    19 I I I t I I I t
    20 t I I I
    21 t I I I I I I
    22 t I I I t t
    23 I I I t t
    24 t
    25
    t = Just a tree?

    L = Livia
    V = Vhaak
    C = Cecie
    S = Sundrop

    I = No doubt a tree.

    The tree creature that holds Livia pulls her in, opening a giant maw and trying to devour her in one big gulp, but in doing so it leaves itself vulnerable for a brief second. She faces a choice - she can try to avoid being swallowed by the tree (Reflex save), or she can take an attack of opportunity.

    The other fake trees begin closing in. They move quite slowly, but it seems they make up for it in reach. Two of the trees lash out against Vhaak, and the two to the East go for Sundrop, all with vines that are a lot longer than you would expect for even a creature of their size.
    Spoiler: Attacks:
    Show

    Bottom left tree attacking Vhaak: (1d20)[10] - That's a miss.
    Damage on hit:(2d6+10)[14]

    Bottom center tree attacking Vhaak: (1d20)[15] That's a hit.
    Damage on hit:(2d6+10)[13] - DR applies.
    Vhaak is immune to the bleed effect and the sapping, but the vine does wrap itself around him and makes it impossible for him to move away from the tree. He can also feel it pulling him toward the tree, now staring at him with malicious, hungry red eyes revealed in gaps in the bark.
    The vine is wrapped tightly around him, but he is not 'grappled' in the usual sense. He can still use spells as normal.

    ---
    Bottom right tree attacking Sundrop: (1d20)[20] - That's a hit.
    Damage on hit:(2d6+10)[16]
    Fort save: (1d20+14)[33]

    Center right tree attacking Sundrop: (1d20)[3] - That's a miss.
    Damage on hit:(2d6+10)[19]
    Fort save: (1d20+14)[19]
    Sandrop has been caught as well.

    Everyone but Livia may act. For Livia I need a decision and a roll on discord before finishing that tree's turn. The rest of you can choose whether you want to wait for that or not, as it may affect your decisions this turn.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-12-08 at 09:23 PM.
    Throw the dice high.

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    "Oi! She's not edible! Spit her up, you big barky baby!" Cecie shouts as Livia goes internal, spinning in the air and raising her hands up, launching them outwards to loose another coruscating ball of flame with predictable explosive results in the middle of the cluster of trees near the one that just ate Livia.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Launching fireball at K-12, for (6d6+6)[23] damage, DC 20 Reflex half.
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.
    I cast irresistable phantasmal killer as a 4th level spell. No save, just die.

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Vhaak pays the vine little attention, he wasn't planning to move anyway and it failed to harm him. With a look of great concentration he tries his luck at a bit of summoning.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    That's a defensively cast summon undead IV, (1d20+19)[21] concentration and naturally it'll take until his next turn for anything to happen.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show
    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U
    1 t
    2 I I I t
    3 I I I t t I I I
    4 I I I t t I I I
    5 t t I I I
    6 t I I I
    7 t I I I
    8 I I I t
    9
    10 t t
    11 t t t
    12 t
    13 t t I I I I I I
    14 t I I I I I I
    15 I I I I I I
    16
    17 I I I V S t t
    18 I I I C t t
    19 I I I t I I I t
    20 t I I I
    21 t I I I I I I
    22 t I I I t t
    23 I I I t t
    24 t
    25
    t = Just a tree?

    L = Livia
    V = Vhaak
    C = Cecie
    S = Sundrop

    I = No doubt a tree.

    Unable to evade the tree's bite, Livia takes (2d6+10)[16] bludgeoning damage and can't breathe inside the thing's stomach - though she can hold her breath.

    The tree advances toward Vhaak and Sundrop.

    Livia may act, though she is stuck inside the monster, and is considered grappled (Though the tree is not). To escape, she can try to cause enough injury to the tree from within to create a wound to flee through, or she can make an opposed grapple check to try to climb back out into the tree's mouth.
    Throw the dice high.

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    "Hahaha aaahh. Well, that was certainly a new experience. But, as I don't care to repeat it, I think I'll stay up here for now." Livia's laughter and voice, as well as the woman herself, appear suddenly from high above the battle, fairly close to Cecie's location. She looks down at her now filthy garments and tries to shake some of the newly acquired filth from them. [That was quite disgusting. Zero stars, do not recommend.]

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Livia will use her Greater Teleport ability to escape the not-tree, teleporting to a location 100 above the ground, directly under the hole they dropped down through, whichever square that may leave her in. She'll expend a psionic focus to take a 15 on the concentration check, giving her a successful result of 31 vs a DC of 27 to Greater Teleport while grappled. Then she'll take a move action to recover her expended focus. And she will recover 3 HP from fast healing.
    Last edited by Ryton; 2019-12-10 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Typo

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Livia having teleported out of the tree, it looks... upset.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Livia and Cecie are so high up there is no need to track their position at the moment.
    Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show
    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U
    1 t
    2 I I I t
    3 I I I t t I I I
    4 I I I t t I I I
    5 t t I I I
    6 t I I I
    7 t I I I
    8 I I I t
    9
    10 t t
    11 t t t
    12 t
    13 t t I I I
    14 t I I I I I I
    15 I I I I I I
    16 I I I
    17 I I I t t
    18 I I I V t t
    19 I I I I I I t I I I t
    20 t I I I I I I
    21 t I I I I I I
    22 t t t
    23 t t
    24 t
    25
    t = Just a tree?

    L = Livia
    V = Vhaak
    C = Cecie
    S = Sundrop

    I = No doubt a tree.


    Cecie and Livia are safe, but the trees surrounding Vhaak and Sundrop are closing in.

    The trees attack.
    Spoiler: So many rolls
    Show

    The center left tree lashes out against Vhaak:
    Attack roll: (1d20)[4] - miss
    Damage: (2d6+10)[17]

    The tree that just ate Livia goes for Vhaak as well,
    Attack roll: (1d20)[6] - miss
    Damage: (2d6+10)[13]

    Then the bottom left pulls him in - like Livia before, he has to choose whether to make an attack of opportunity or a reflex save to avoid being swallowed.

    Bottom right tree attacks Sundrop:
    Attack roll: (1d20)[17] - that's a hit.
    Damage: (2d6+10)[18]
    Fort save on hit: (1d20+14)[19]

    Then the center right tree pulls him in. Sundrop makes an attack of opportunity and gets swallowed.
    AoO: (1d20+15)[24]
    Damage: ...Apparently just 12, no roll needed.


    Everyone may act, though Vhaak first has see if he gets swallowed or not, and make a concentration check if swallowed.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-12-11 at 08:09 PM.
    Throw the dice high.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Vhaak manages to keep his concentration as he's eaten, getting his spell off.
    A shadowy skeletal figure appears mid-air, flailing it's malformed arms and spewing nonsense from its maw. Before responding to his situation Vhaak shouts out a command "Be silent and kill the tree!"
    It responds to this by flailing its limbs in the direction of the tree containing Vhaak.

    Vhaak then anklet of translocations to the south and defensively casts a glitterdust.

    Spoiler: OOC/rolls
    Show
    That's an Allip, he's asked it not to babble, no idea if that's actually possible. I'd like to put it on L22
    Vhaak is translocating 10ft south, I'm assuming he'd be in the middle of the tree and therefore end up at L23.
    The glitterdust is centered at K17 to hit three.

    And now for the rolls:
    Allip to hit (1d20+3)[15] vs touch
    Thats 5 points of temp hp for it and (1d4)[1] wisdom drain for the tree on a hit.
    Concentration check (1d20+19)[27]

    Allip has 26hp, may as well just track that here too.

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Strong

    Livia descends slightly to better observe the battle from above. [How is everyone holding up to our first big challenge so far?]

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Livia will drop down to 80ft so her My Light illuminates to the ground for Low-Light Vision. She'll manifest Body Purification on herself, Overchannelling to 7th level to recover all Con damage. This will deal Damage - (1d8)[3] to her, and then she will fast heal 3. Finally, she'll use a swift action to use Health Sense to check how everyone's HP is doing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •