The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 301
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    When you walk down the left path it is a long, narrow corridor that twists and turns. Soon there is no light left from the great hall behind you. Walking slowly and cautiously, at last you come upon a set of stairs leading down. At the bottom of the stairs there is a small amount of standing water on the floor, maybe an inch or so. Not really enough to hamper movement, but it will make it hard to move quietly in a group - and of course, if there's a little water here, there could be more ahead and below.

    The breadth of the corridor is between five and ten feet - it grows more and less narrow at different points. Standing at the bottom of the stairs, about 60 feet ahead it seems to open up suddenly, perhaps into a room. There is no light.
    Throw the dice high.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    "Alright chummers," Serafino says, flipping his knife into his hand. "Time to get stuck in. Get your prep on. I don't mind taking point here. Night vision, quickly heal, good reflexes, all that sort of stuff. I've done a bit of sneaking around on my old world, too. Kiss ya' mother that I'll spot traps in this world too."

    As he speaks, Serafino activates a wand and a blue haze briefly flickers around him. He tilts his head for a moment and then rises up. He rises up a few inches above the surface of the stairs and silently drifts forward. Part way down the stairs he seems to slow for a second, as if his thoughts are elsewhere, but the moment passes.

    As he reaches the bottom of the stairs and hovers a few inches above the water, a cloud of tiny bats come from behind and settle on his shoulders and back. He reaches up and absently pets one that is nestled at his neck, finger ruffling the soft fur of the tiny bat.

    "Let's see what nasty tricks might be waiting ahead," he says, quietly. "Give me about a ten foot lead. If I set off any traps, hopefully none of you will get hit. If anything comes, I'll do my best to help, but you guys will need to be the ones to kill it."

    He pours a pile of sand out of his Handy Haversack and it flows into a single, long, solid 10' pole. It floats ahead of Serafino, surface just skimming the surfaces of the water and the roof, checking for tripwires.

    He doesn't mention it to the others, but he can sense their minds. Nothing more than that - just that they're there. He'll be able to sense any mind around him for a 100'. Unless something is specifically protected from this sort of thing, a trap, or is a mindless creature, it won't be sneaking up on him.

    He hopes.

    He slowly proceeds ahead, slowly flying over the water, staff ahead of him, floating toward the opening ahead.

    Spoiler: Crunchy actions & rolls.
    Show

    Activate Mage Armor with Eternal Wand at the top of the stairs.
    Call 10d10 bats at the top of the stairs. (10d10)[61]
    They arrive in (2d6)[5] rounds.
    He's flying six inches off the ground.
    The long staff is Shapesand - requires a DC 16 Willpower check. (1d20+29)[37]
    He's controlling the staff with his Telekinesis.

    Serafino has 100' Mindsight.
    Perception check if needed: (1d20+33)[37]
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-10-08 at 11:32 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Marambe grabbed (or uprooted if needed) one of the torches at the dungeon entrance and nods at Seraphino's instructions. He follows along, squeezing through corridors and becoming increasingly uncomfortable with the amount of water on the floor.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino cautiously advances, and is able to see more and more of the cavern ahead. As he glides above the water the surface remains fairly flat, undisturbed until those behind him follow. Suddenly he senses something. He sees nothing with his eyes, but he senses a mind. It is different from that of a humanoid, but more intelligent than any mere animal. The mind is deep below the surface of the water in the middle of the room. It is not moving.

    The 'room' is roughly circular in shape, and there is an opening on the opposite wall, about 60 feet out. Here and there jagged rocks break the surface near the walls, probably making for difficult terrain to fight in. No rocks break the surface near the middle of the room.

    Spoiler: Mindsight
    Show
    The creature has an intelligence score of 6. It is a Magical Beast.
    Throw the dice high.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tzu-Tse also has a torch, carefully extracted from the wall near the entrance, producing a cheery blaze almost the size of his head. He's been uncharacteristically quiet since getting back from his 'talk' with Death Fairy.

    When Serafino stops to use a wand, so does he.

    His only soft-voiced comment when they get to the room

    Yeah, looks like the water gets deeper. We should check it out.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Use Magic Device (1d20+10)[19] for mage armour (3 hour duration)

    Perception (1d20+12)[26] (plus darkvision)

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Now, for his own part, as Malog walked forward into the dungeon, he would soon be surrounded by a miasma, a thin cloud of what would seem to be choking fumes, a fell green rippling smog that leaked out from the joints and cracks in his armor. In the end, as it billowed out, it would disperse and fade quickly enough but it would leave him shrouded in a nimbus of yellow-green.

    Now, he could not see in the dark, only to the limits of the torchlight. Still, he would keep walking, moving to the edge of the water. Did he have to take a bath? Those were always annoying.


    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Activated Acid Nimbus
    Last edited by Warmatt; 2019-10-09 at 12:04 PM.
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    "I'm pretty sure there's a creature of some sort down in the water. I don't know exactly what type, but I assume it's something nasty,"Serafino whispers. He declines to mention how he knows. People sometimes get squirmy if they think you're rooting around in their minds.

    "I can probably manage to fly us all over the water to the others side, or we can figure out how to draw it to the surface and you guys can kill it.

    "What do you guys think is best?"

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Malog looked at the water. Then he looked at the vampire. Back at the water. Rusty gears could almost be heard from the man, before he would open his mouth. "Yo momma so ugly she make a telebubby look like a pageant queen!"

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Using Master of Mockery on whatever creature is in the water
    Perform (Comedy); (1d20+15)[34]
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    One of the things we were asked to do is make sure nothing comes out the dungeon behind us.

    Tsu-Tze shifts from one leg to the other as he crouches by the water.

    And we if we get hurt or partly disabled, we may have to go back this way. Flying over it might be away to lure it out.

    Then again, it's underwater, so it probably won't go wandering about... Can you give me a description? How big it is, or what it looks like? Ha!


    Still crouches, he jams one end of the torch into a gap in the rock wall. He pulls out a lantern, and checks the oil reservoir, and then moistens his fingers in the water. Then, using the torch, carefully lights the end of the wick and winds it back into the glass bulb. All the while, he peers into the water, trying to find the creature for himself.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Lighting a bull's eye lantern. He won't open it or shine it into the water yet, but will do so if Malog motions him to.
    Meanwhile looking into the water to see if he can see a creature.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino snorts, trying to stifle his laughter, and then doesn't bother to hold it in.

    "Hahaha! Take that to a show and you'll be ace! Alright guys, I hope you're rezzed! Let's see if this thing goes for a lure. I'm afraid I can't tell what it's like. I can just sense that it's there."

    Serafino concentrates on his Shapesand, turning it into a roughly humanoid shape.

    "Hop on, my little ones," he whispers to his bats and the fluttering, Diminutive creatures swarm onto the figure, covering it as best they can. With a Telekinetic nudge, Serafino sends the figure coated in bats floating and bobbing along across the underground lake, just barely dipping the bottoms of the feet parts into the water.

    He concentrates carefully, waiting to sense movement from the creature, ready to relay on its movements to the others. His fingers clench around his dagger handle reflexively.
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-10-09 at 02:24 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Fighting a grin, Tzu-Tse watches the bobbing mannequin float out over the water. He carefully removes his backpack, placing it safely to one side. A few paces away, he sets up the lantern, opening the shutters to illuminate the cave, before returning to water's edge. He then reaches out for a fist-sized rock just back from the water's edge, and holds it carefully, before settling back to wait in the shadow cast by the light.

    A silhouette rouching low and spiderlike near the shoreline, rock in hand, he looks more like some city playwright's image of a primitive hunter, than a civilised dwarf. The glint of tequila bottles at his belt and the bandolier of shot glasses, do nothing to dispel the whiff of theatre. A clean-cut young male, poised to play savage.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    A bull's eye lantern illuminates a 90degree arc, 30' of bright illumination, 30' feet of shadowy. Double that for low-light vision. Tzu-Tse is just to one side of it, out of the cone.
    Last edited by Togo; 2019-10-09 at 03:24 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Marambe will go to the water's edge, but not a step further. The giant gorilla very clearly does not want to get wet.

    Following Tsu-Tze's example, Marambe wedges his torch between rocks on the wall and tries hard to stay out of the light of the bullseye lantern.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    It may be that the creature below did not understand Malog's taunt, or perhaps it simply did not hear. Either way, it seems to have heard something. To Serafino's telepathic senses it moves, ever so slightly, though remains far beneath the surface. However, when the shapesand figure disturbs the surface the creature begins to move lazily up. After some twelve seconds the water seems to rise a feet near the center of the chamber, flowing outwards, and a large tentacle breaks the surface, grabbing the doll and trying to pull it down into the darkness. The shapesand doll cannot handle the force, and falls apart, bats scattering. The tentacle returns, feeling around near where the doll was, seemingly growing agitated.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Well, there's a tentacle in view, larger than any human. It does not seem to be attacking you at this time, only trying to find the 'creature' that broke the surface. You have the option of initiating battle at this point and securing a surprise round - however, the water is dirty, and even with darkvision you cannot see its full body. Serafino knows that at the center of the chamber the water is at least 50 feet deep, but it is not obvious where the floor gives way.


    Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show
    A B B D E F G H I J K L M N O
    1 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    2 W W W W W W W W W
    3 W W W W W W
    4 W W W W
    5 W W W W
    6 W W W
    7 W T T W W W
    8 W T T W W
    9 W W
    10 W W
    11 W W
    12 W W
    13 W W
    14 W W W W
    15 W W W W W
    16 W S Ma Ma W W W W
    17 W W W M Ma Ma, TT W W
    18 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    19 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    20 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    If you wish to initiate combat, you may place yourselves near the bottom exit. You will have a surprise round. Empty squares nearer the middle may or may not contain a floor. The water is dirty, and you can't see. There is likely rough terrain along the walls, you can see little jagged rocks that don't prevent movement but do slow you down.
    W = Walls.
    T = Tentacle.
    M = Malog.
    Ma = Marambe.
    TT = Tsu-Tze. K19 is wall, so assuming you meant K17.
    S = Serafino

    The ceiling is 20 feet up.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-10-11 at 05:26 PM.
    Throw the dice high.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Malog would advance, standing on the edge of the water, placing a foot down. He hoped it wasn't lawful water, that stuff cleaned like fa-breeze to the eyes. Still, he would try and see if the water was shallow on the edges, even as he would give a guttural roar. If the water was shallow, he would take a few steps, foot sliding along the edges, trying to leave a little room for the others to maneuver.

    Spoiler: Movement
    Show

    Malog will enter the room, G17 if possible, otherwise will remain at the edge of the water and waiting for the beastie, trying to keep his nimbus away from his allies.
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    "Well, now we know. Calimari is on the menu for tonight!"

    Serafino flies forward, forehead creased in concentration for a moment, and a glowing collection of shields gather together into a single shield before him before fading away.

    "I'll do my best to lure it toward shore for you guys to reach."

    The vampire begins to "run" on the water, feet barely splashing the surface of the water. He runs close to the shore of the water, hoping to draw the creature's tentacles closer to shore where the others can reach it. he focuses on the creature, ready to Dodge.

    Spoiler: Crunchy crunch
    Show
    It's the psionic version of Shield - Force screen. Standard action.
    Move action is to fly over the water, splashing my feet in it. Running around the E-15 to I-16 area, as close to the others as I can stay.
    Dodge against it for +1 Dodge AC.
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-10-10 at 09:37 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Marambe climbs along the shoreline, and takes up position a little bit in the water - shallow enough that his belly isn't wet yet. He looks like he's getting ready to grab a tentacle should one come close.

    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

    Move to J16-K17.
    Readied action to grapple the first enemy that comes close. (Dumb, I know. But fun.)
    climb - (1d20+18)[23]
    grapple - (1d20+21)[41]
    Edit: forgot the attack roll, so rolled that in the ooc. Was a 29 vs touch. Marambe does not have improved grapple so he provokes an AOO should all this happen.
    Last edited by Tyrann; 2019-10-11 at 11:29 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    TzuTse is still waiting. As a tentacle breaks the surface of the water, and the doll starts to disintegrate, he pops the cork on one of his small bottles, and takes a long swig.

    Nothing like the feel of a battle.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Waiting in K19. I can share a square with Marambe if necessary, since we're two size categories different
    Drawing a bottle as a free action, having a drink as a move action.
    Drinks taken this combat = 1
    Last edited by Togo; 2019-10-10 at 12:06 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    The tentacle continues to feel around for a few seconds near where the doll had been, but stops moving when Serafino runs across the water himself. With surprising speed the tentacle coils and tries to grab at the vampire - but with reflexes beyond those of any mere human Serafino manages to dodge the blow.

    The monster emerges at last - or part of it, at least. The top of its head scrapes against the room's ceiling as it presses up. Its scales are yellow, with dark blue stripes on its head. You see first one enormous red eye, then two as it turns to take you all in.

    Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show
    A B B D E F G H I J K L M N O
    1 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    2 W W W W W W W W W
    3 W W W W W W
    4 W W W W
    5 W W W W
    6 W W K K K K W
    7 W K K K K W W W
    8 W K K K K W W
    9 W K K K K, TT W
    10 W S M W
    11 W W
    12 W ~ W
    13 W . W
    14 W W . . W W
    15 W W . . . . . W W W
    16 W . . . . . Ma Ma W W W W
    17 W W W . . . Ma Ma W W
    18 W W W W W W . W W W W W W W
    19 W W W W W W . W W W W W W W
    20 W W W W W W . W W W W W W W
    W = Walls.
    K = Famous rapper from Elisabethan England, made a very good salad.
    M = Malog.
    Ma = Marambe.
    TT = Tsu-Tze. K19 is wall, so assuming you meant K17.
    S = Serafino
    . = Known solid ground beneath the surface of the water.

    The ceiling is 20 feet up.
    Due to large ripples spreading out as the creature breaks the surface, water levels are briefly higher, and there are small pushes and pulls as waves press at you and water flows back toward the hole - all ground is difficult terrain for the next two turns.

    Initiatives:
    Malog: 23
    Serafino: 22

    K: 12

    Marambe: 8
    Tsu-Tze: 4

    Turn order:
    Malog and Serafino in any order.
    K
    All party members, in any order.
    K
    All party members
    K
    Etc


    The creature is no longer moving lazily.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-10-13 at 08:57 PM.
    Throw the dice high.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Malog responds to this the only way a massive and armored walking tank can... as he would advance ruthlessly and relentlessly, roaring at the creature... and trying to get inside of melee range even if that meant dropping into deeper water.

    Spoiler: Movement
    Show

    Malog double moves to K10... even if he sinks and needs to walk along the bottom of the pool.
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    'Good,' Serafino thought with satisfaction. 'It's working to get it up where people can grab it better. It's still out in the water, though, and people without flight are going to have trouble getting there. '

    Serafino glances at the armored Malog, already on his way. The giant cyborg ape? Too heavy for his Telekinesis to functionally move. That left the little guy.

    "Think fast, Tzu-Tse! Fastball special!"

    With a moment of concentration, Serafino grabs the small man using his Telekinesis and hurls him as hard as he can at the kraken.

    "Marambe, you're too big for me to throw, so I hope you can jump," he calls out and flies straight toward the kraken, 'running' his feet through the water as he goes, still trying to attract the beast's attention.

    Spoiler: Crunchy details
    Show
    Telekinesis as a 120' range, which is plenty here. I'm using the 'violent thrust' part of the spell.
    DC 28 Willpower if Tzu-Tse wants to resist.
    I'm aiming at the J-9 square to hit. Not sure what the AC would be. Just 5 AC if it's just the general square?
    Attack Roll: (1d20+17)[26]
    If I hit, it will only deal 1 point of damage to the kraken, but 1d6 damage to Tzu-Tse Q.

    My move action is spent running toward the kraken, going to square I-10.
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-10-12 at 12:11 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tsu-Tse was about to something, perhaps we'll never know what, before he is suddenly gripped and lifted by Serafino's magic. He speeds along just above the surface of the water, his limbs failing awkwardly above the wake of his passage, before hitting the creature head-first.

    Spoiler: Assumptions
    Show
    To speed the game, I'm assuming Sefafino hit, and that Tsu-Tse ends up on top of the creature rather than swimming next to it (not that it makes all that much difference).
    He takes (1d6)[4] damage from impact


    He stands, and shakes his head, now standing on the creatures steeply slanting shell. He's swaying, but then he was swaying anyway, the half-empty bottle still clutched in one hand, his rock almost forgotten in the other. Somehow the sway of his body rides with the swaying of the creature.

    He tosses the bottle to himself, reversing his grip. Ok, little beastie. Let's see how you play.... Tsu-Tse is fast. Blindingly so. And he really knows how to beat up a Kraken with a rock and a bottle.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Balance check to stay on the top Acrobatics check (1d20+12)[20]
    If that goes badly wrong, Swim check (1d20+15)[25]

    Either way he's still going to..
    Full Attack - Two weapon flurry using improvised weapons
    (1d20+20)[40] for [roll]1d6+1d8+15[/roll] bludgeoning damage
    (1d20+20)[39] for [roll]1d6+1d8+15[/roll] bludgeoning damage
    (1d20+15)[26] for [roll]1d6+1d8+15[/roll] bludgeoning damage
    (1d20+20)[25] for [roll]1d6+1d8+15[/roll] bludgeoning damage
    (1d20+15)[28] for [roll]1d6+1d8+15[/roll] bludgeoning damage

    Number of drinks taken = 1

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Spoiler: Let's try those damage rolls again
    Show
    (1d6)[1] plus (1d8+15)[21] bludgeoning damage and crit confirm roll [roll]1d20+20[/roll] for an extra (1d6)[6] plus (1d8+15)[17] bludgeoning damage
    (1d6)[6] plus (1d8+15)[20] bludgeoning damage
    (1d6)[6] plus (1d8+15)[17] bludgeoning damage
    (1d6)[5] plus (1d8+15)[22] bludgeoning damage
    (1d6)[6] plus (1d8+15)[17] bludgeoning damage
    Last edited by Togo; 2019-10-12 at 06:42 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    The Kraken prepares to move in on its meal - but the meal comes toward it first. It sees Malog coming and prepares to attack him, but when Tzu-Tse comes flying it blinks in surprise and hesitates for a moment. And that's all it takes, as the dwarf wails on it with the fury of a thousand drunks. Though he has no blade, the repeated punches leave first a bruise, then a savage wound on the enormous creature that begins to swell and bleed.

    Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show
    A B B D E F G H I J K L M N O
    1 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    2 W W W W W W W W W
    3 W W W W W W
    4 W W W W
    5 W W W W
    6 W W K K K K W
    7 W K K K K W W W
    8 W K K K K W W
    9 W K K K K, TT W
    10 W S M W
    11 W W
    12 W ~ W
    13 W . W
    14 W W . . W W
    15 W W . . . . . W W W
    16 W . . . . . Ma Ma W W W W
    17 W W W . . . Ma Ma W W
    18 W W W W W W . W W W W W W W
    19 W W W W W W . W W W W W W W
    20 W W W W W W . W W W W W W W
    W = Walls.
    K = Famous rapper from Elisabethan England, made a very good salad.
    M = Malog.
    Ma = Marambe.
    TT = Tsu-Tze. K19 is wall, so assuming you meant K17.
    S = Serafino
    . = Known solid ground beneath the surface of the water.

    The ceiling is 20 feet up.
    Due to large ripples spreading out as the creature breaks the surface, water levels are briefly higher, and there are small pushes and pulls as waves press at you and water flows back toward the hole - all ground is difficult terrain for the next two turns. Though come to think of it, it wouldn't be difficult terrain for a Large creature like Marambe, just for Medium or smaller.

    Initiatives:
    Malog: 23
    Serafino: 22

    K: 12

    Marambe: 8
    Tzu-Tse: 4

    Turn order from now on:
    All party members, in any order.
    K
    All party members
    K
    Etc


    Outraged, the Kraken lashes at Tzu-Tse with several of its limbs, but sensing Malog and Serafino as well, divides its attention between the three.

    Spoiler: Full Attack
    Show
    Power attacking for 5
    Spoiler: Attacks on Tzu-Tse
    Show
    (1d20+23)[36]
    Damage: (2d8+17)[33]
    (1d20+23)[38]
    Damage: (2d8+17)[30]
    For every attack that hits, it tries to initiate a grapple. This is not a check it can fail, unless you have some special ability to resist being grappled.


    Spoiler: Attacks on Malog
    Show
    (1d20+18)[19]
    Damage: (1d6+11)[16]
    (1d20)[2]
    Damage: (1d6+11)[14]
    (1d20)[7]
    Damage: (1d6+11)[17]
    For every attack that hits, it tries to initiate a grapple. This is not a check it can fail, unless you have some special ability to resist being grappled.


    Spoiler: Attacks on Serafino
    Show
    (1d20+18)[19]
    Damage: (1d6+11)[13]
    (1d20)[3]
    Damage: (1d6+11)[17]
    (1d20)[9]
    Damage: (1d6+11)[15]
    For every attack that hits, it tries to initiate a grapple. This is not a check it can fail, unless you have some special ability to resist being grappled.


    It reserves its final attack, a bite, for Tzu-Tse, who caused it so much pain in such a small amount of time.
    Spoiler: Bite
    Show
    (1d20)[2]
    Damage: (4d6+11)[24]
    Throw the dice high.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Marambe pounds his metal chest and flies into a rage at the sight of this monster attacking his teammates. He charges at the giant tentacle fish-squid thing, pouncing it in a leap across the deeper water.

    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show

    Free: activate whirling frenzy and feral trance
    Free: power attack for 1. This triggers the knock back feat, for bullrushes. Trying to punch the Kraken towards M7
    Full round:
    Charge to G8-H9 if jump > 24
    Charge to G9-H10 if jump < 24 (20 is lowest possible)
    Rolled jump on discord, result was 20. So move to G9-H10

    2 size categories difference so can share the space.

    whirling frenzy bonus - (1d20+15)[27]
    damage wf - (2d8+19)[33]
    bull rush to M7 - (1d20+27)[29]
    DMG if M7 is reached - (8d6+39)[70]

    feral trance bite - (1d20+16)[34]
    damage bite - (1d6+17)[22]
    bull rush to M7 - (1d20+27)[40]
    DMG if M7 is reached - (8d6+39)[70]

    MH 1 - (1d20+15)[23]
    damage MH1 - (2d8+19)[29]
    bull rush to M7 - (1d20+27)[36]
    DMG if M7 is reached - (8d6+39)[67]

    Roll=MH 2]1d20+10[/roll] -rolled on discord, was 12
    damage MH2 - (2d8+19)[26]
    bull rush to M7 - (1d20+27)[29]
    DMG if M7 is reached - (8d6+39)[69]

    Roll=OH 1]1d20+15[/roll] -rolled on discord, was 22
    damage MH1 - (2d8+12)[22]
    bull rush to M7 - (1d20+27)[35]
    DMG if M7 is reached - (8d6+39)[70]

    OH attack 2 used to voluntarily join grapple
    damage armor spikes - (1d8)[3]
    Last edited by Tyrann; 2019-10-14 at 03:10 AM.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    "It worked! It's up to the surface," Serafino cheers. It looked like the big boys were all in attacking the beast.

    The giant kraken lets loose with its typical burst of attempts to grab, but Serafino is expecting this and deftly ducks and dodges the grasping tentacles.

    "Alright," he mutters. "Time to soften this guy up a little. I could use a bit of good blood to drink, but this guy doesn't qualify."

    Serafino looks for the perfect moment to attack, waiting ... and ... there!

    His fist blurs forward to impact a flailing tentacle and hits. Black waves of negative light flash at the impact and vanish into the huge mass of the creature.

    That should seriously slow it down and help the others destroy it.

    With a backflip, double twist, full-gainer - because there are overseers watching - Serafino tumbles back out of the immediate area of the kraken, soaring through the air and this time staying above the water's surface. He's not entirely certain if the creature can sense things that aren't in the water or not.

    Serafino whistles and calls for his bats to return to him. The others should be able to pound this thing to a pulp pretty easily. No need to get clothes mussed.

    Spoiler: Crunch and attack rolls
    Show
    Serafino is using an Inspiration Point to add Int modifier to his attack roll.

    Standard action attack:
    Base Attack + Dex + Knowledge Devotion + Inspiration = 4 + 8 + 5 + 12.
    Attack: (1d20+29)[36]
    Damage: 1d6 + Dex + Knowledge Devotion and 3 levels of Level Drain = 1d6 + 8 + 5
    Damage (1d6+13)[17]

    If the Level Drain happens, it does 3 levels of drain, and also deal my Charisma as extra damage on each level lost. That is 3 * 13 = 39 extra damage.
    Level Drain regularly causes -1 on all skill checks and ability checks, -1 on attack rolls and saving throws, and -5 hit points.
    If the Level Drain happens, it deals a total of 54 hp damage.
    Serafino gains the 39 extra damage as temporary HP for an hour - if the level drain takes effect.

    Move action:
    Athletics check to tumble backwards to the I-13 square.
    Athletics (tumble) check vs ... DC 15?: (1d20+29)[43]
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-10-14 at 07:17 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    It was dark down here. And wet. But still, as poison and acid poured out of Malog, seeping into the water from the cracks and bits of his armor, he finds that this not not important, as he begins to do what he is good at, as he begins to show the squid the joy and fury of melee combat!

    Spoiler: Malog Attacks
    Show

    Full Attack, One handed chopping!
    (1d20+12)[24]
    If hit; (1d10+8)[9] Physical
    (3d6)[14] Acid
    (1d6+3)[9] Negative
    Plus Toxin (Fort Save DC 26 Negates); (1d6)[5] Wisdom damage

    (1d20+7)[12]
    If hit; (1d10+8)[14] Physical
    (3d6)[14] Acid
    (1d6+3)[8] Negative

    End of Turn Acid Nimbus, REF DC 23 Halves
    (3d6)[17]

    Swim check to stay in place; (1d20+8)[20]
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tsu-Tse is not looking good, bleeding freely from several wound and bound tightly in tentacles. It doesn't seem to slow him down much, though.


    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    If I can get out of the grapple by turning into a smaller, form and running away with a tumble check, then do so.

    Transform into Raven as a standard action, fly away with tumble as a move action Acrobatics check (1d20+11)[24] Hide behind a rock, if possible.

    Otherwise, its last stand time. Can't two weapon fight because I'm grappled, but still get flurry, being monk.

    -4 for being grappled
    (1d20+19)[28] for (1d6)[1] plus (d8+15)[18]
    (1d20+19)[27] for (1d6)[3] plus (d8+15)[19]
    (1d20+19)[38] for (1d6)[3] plus (d8+15)[17]

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Mere seconds ago the Kraken had gone from lazily trying to eat the figures on and around it to realize it was going to have to actually fight. Now it's growing frantic as it realizes that it might actually lose.

    Identifying the large metal creature as the greatest threat to it, correctly or incorrectly, it goes all in on Marambe, the transformed dwarf all but forgotten.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    No power attack this time
    Attack, tentacle: (1d20+28)[48]
    Damage: (2d8+6)[11] (After being reduced by DR)
    Attack, tentacle: (1d20+28)[30]
    Damage: (2d8+6)[15] (After being reduced by DR)
    Attack, arm: (1d20+23)[25]
    Damage: (1d6-1)[4] (After being reduced by DR)
    Attack, arm: (1d20+23)[32]
    Damage: (1d6-1)[5] (After being reduced by DR)
    Attack, arm: (1d20+23)[24]
    Damage: (1d6-1)[2] (After being reduced by DR)
    Attack, arm: (1d20+23)[30]
    Damage: (1d6-1)[2] (After being reduced by DR)
    Attack, arm: (1d20+23)[32]
    Damage: (1d6-1)[1] (After being reduced by DR)
    Attack, arm: (1d20+23)[41]
    Damage: (1d6-1)[2] (After being reduced by DR)
    Attack, bite: (1d20+23)[32]
    Damage: (4d6-1)[8] (After being reduced by DR)
    Throw the dice high.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    From below, Malog would begin to hum, that joyful tune of ole butcher Pete, as he's chopping and chopping and chopping that meat! All the while of course as acid and venom joins the blood in the water, as he licks his lips... fish takes good.

    Spoiler: Malog Offensive!
    Show

    First Chop!
    (1d20+12)[21]
    Damage; (1d10+8)[10] Slashing, (3d6)[11] Acid, (1d6+3)[9] Negative, plus Toxin (Fort DC 26 or (1d6)[1] wisdom damage

    Second Chop!
    (1d20+7)[9]
    Damage; (1d10+8)[11] Slashing, (3d6)[11] Acid, (1d6+3)[6] Negative

    End of Turn Acid Nimbus (REF DC 23 half); (3d6)[11]

    Swim; (1d20+8)[11]
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Hanging from the Leviathan's main body, Marambe lets out a primal roar after dodging and blocking most of its tentacle onslaught. Seeing his chance, he furiously starts pounding it with his free arm.

    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show

    Still raging
    Not power attacking this round

    Took 13 damage. Healed 12 from fast healing.
    Currently on 159/160 hp
    Current AC 35, touch 35, ff 25 (forgot to add whirling frenzy dodge bonus on sheet last round).

    Attacks:
    whirling frenzy bonus atk - (1d20+19)[31]
    damage - (2d8+18)[31]
    feral trance bite atk - (1d20+19)[33]
    damage - (1d6+16)[20]
    MH 1 atk - (1d20+19)[24]
    damage - (2d8+18)[20]
    MH 2 atk - (1d20+14)[17]
    damage - (2d8+18)[34]
    Slam 1 atk - (1d20+14)[23]
    damage - (1d8+10)[16]
    Slam 2 atk - (1d20+14)[20]
    damage - (1d8+10)[18]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •