The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 301
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tsu-Tse pauses for a moment, coordinating with Marambe. He has some hazy idea that the unmoved spoke should be moved at least once, before anything else.

    Once he seems Marambe brace against the cealing, he too leans into the load, continuing to push his spoke around, faster and faster.
    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Wait for Marambe to move the southern spoke, then move my spoke as far as I can, using high strength, high speed, and the possibility of jumping as a swift action.

    Strength check (1d20+23)[43]

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino flies into one of the golems, and immediately hears the angry wasps buzzing within. Then he makes Malog fly into one with... quite a lot more force. There's a very loud bang as the Dreg Knight, full plate and all, slams into the metal colossus, leaving a pretty sizeable, human shaped dent in it.

    Marambe, with a display of physical prowess that would intimidate most athletes, flips upside down and braces himself against the ceiling and attempts to push the spokes forward. In doing so however part of his body enters the wall of fire - burning him for (2d6+15)[22] (-7 for Juggernaut). Unfortunately he isn't able to make much progress.

    While he tries, however, he sees the the floor he just stood on burst into flame as well... except he doesn't feel the same blistering heat from this fire as he does from the Southern wall.

    Tsu-Tze similarly presses on, making excellent progress, but though he braces himself and continues to turn the wheel even when he has to enter fire to do so, he too feels no heat from these flames.

    The room is hot, especially near the lava pit, and Serafino could feel very real heat from those flames when he flew into the golem, but it would appear not all the fire is real.

    Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show
    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O
    1 W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    2 W . . . . . . . . . . . . . W
    3 W . . . . G. G. . . . . . . . W
    4 W . . . . G. G. . . G. G. . . . W
    5 W s S s . . . G G , , , W
    6 W s s. ? ? ? s. s , , , W
    7 W . ? ? ? ? ? s s TT. , , , W
    8 W . ? ? ? ? ? . . W
    9 W ? ? ? ? ? . . W
    10 W s s ? ? ? . . . W
    11 W s s M L L s Ma s Ma. G. G W
    12 W G. G. . . . . .L .L s Ma s Ma. G. G. . . W
    13 W G. G. . . . . .L .L . . . . . W
    14 W . . . . . . .L .L . . . . . W
    15 W W W W W W w w W W W W
    16 W W W W W W w w W W W W
    17 W W W W W W W W W W W W
    18 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    19 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    20 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    21 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    22 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    23 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    W = Walls.
    . = Fire. Magical fire.
    , = Magical darkness.
    p = Ceiling collapse trap?
    ? = Wheel contraption. These maps don't make for pretty circles.
    L = Floor missing, 10 feet down is lava.

    M = Malog.
    Ma = Marambe.
    TT = Tsu-Tze.
    S = Serafino.

    G = Golem.
    s = Swarm.


    While some of the fire appears to not have been real, things are still heating up. The two remaining golems release their deadly passengers, and both Malog and Marambe are attacked by golems. Every party member also faces their own swarm this turn. This... could get ugly.

    Spoiler: So many attacks
    Show

    Marambe is full attacked by a golem:
    Attack: (1d20+23)[42]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[18]

    Attack: (1d20+23)[33]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[19]

    In addition, he is hurt by the wasps swarming him.
    (3d6)[9]

    Malog faces the same:
    Attack: (1d20+23)[29]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[23]

    Attack: (1d20+23)[42]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[23]

    In addition, he is hurt by the wasps swarming him.
    (3d6)[12]
    Unlike Marambe and Serafino, however, he not quite immune to the wasps' poison (I think. Didn't see poison immunity on your sheet): (1d20+18)[30]

    Serafino and Tsu-Tze are attacked by swarms, but no golems.
    Serafino: (3d6)[6]
    Tsu-Tze: (3d6)[4]
    Fort save for Tsu-Tze: (1d20+16)[28]


    Better news is that Malog's acid nimbus appears to affect both golems and swarms just fine.
    Throw the dice high.

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino grins as the swarm comes out to, well, swarm him. He was much less happy to see the swarm come out to attack Tsu-Tse. The main goal here was to keep the dwarf and ape able to turn the spokes without problems.

    Serafino lets out a Psionic Blast that hits the swarm around himself and the swarm bothering Tsu-Tse. It wouldn't keep them down for long, but every little bit would help.

    "Keep turning guys!"

    Then he flies back over to the golem next to Malog to do what he could to distract the golem from Malog. (B-11) He could help flank the golem, keeping at least a little of its attention on himself.

    Again, he doesn't bother slowing down as he approaches the golem, smacking into it with his body.

    "Hey there you ugly trash heap. Yo' mama was a toaster and your daddy was a fried sim-chip."

    The golem wouldn't 'get' the words, but hopefully the bump and the words might get it to attack him rather than Malog.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    I never did my Knowledge Devotion checks against these guys:
    Swarms and Constructs both fall under Knowledge Arcana
    Swarms: (1d20+29)[39]
    Golems: (1d20+29)[46]

    Psionic Blast has a DC 26. It will Stun them for 2 rounds.

    Flying over to B-11.

    He an Malog now count as flanking the golem and the swarm: +2 to attacks!
    Also, Malog gets another +1 to his attacks from my aura.
    Total of +3.
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-12-05 at 03:28 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Despite the damage he's taking, Marambe just keeps on pushing.
    Part of the damage heals back, but he's definitely a bit more dented now than he was 6 seconds ago.

    But none of that matters. All that matters to the ape for now is that he gets a spoke over the lava.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    More str checks!
    This turn, Marambe is only pushing the spoke that was originally pointing South. I.e. the one that hasn't moved yet.

    strength - (1d20+11)[28]

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tsu-Tse soliders on, ignoring the swarm. He keeps pushing trying to bring his spoke is back in it's original position. The room is far too hot, low-cealinged, cramped, and buzzing with unhygenic creatures, huge hulks with no personality, and things that aren't nearly as hot as they appear to be at first glance. So, a nightclub, basically.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    As described. If nothing else, examine the spoke and the mechanism it is attached to.

    Strength check (1d20+23)[29]
    Last edited by Togo; 2019-12-06 at 05:49 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    For Malog, the moment is simple, as he grips his blade in both hands, and brings it down, humming a bad tune. Really, he was going to fight and the goblins are not there, so he was just going to hack and slash and chop and dice and blenderize!

    Spoiler: Offense
    Show

    Malog will full attack the Golem he was used as a weapon against.

    Chop 1; (1d20+17)[35]
    Damage; (1d10+11)[19] plus [roll[4d6[/roll] Acid plus (1d6+3)[9] Negative energy

    Chope 2; (1d20+12)[16]
    Damage; (1d10+11)[19] plus [roll[4d6[/roll] Acid plus (1d6+3)[6] Negative energy

    Acid Nimbus (REF DC 23 Half); (3d6)[9] Acid
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino succeeds in stunning the swarm surrounding himself before moving, however the one attacking Tsu-Tze escapes the mental assult.

    Malog tears into the golem - its metal frame makes it difficult to score a meaningful hit, but one of his two attacks succeed in doing some damage, and it doesn't seem as if the golem has any resistance against acid. Malog's nimbus also eats away at both golem and the swarm that is attacking him.

    Marambe and Tsu-Tze both push on. The spokes move incredibly slowly. Marambe was able to put more strength into his pushing than during previous attempts, he is sure of it, but even so the spoke moved more slowly than he would have expected, and he only manages to make about five feet's worth of progress.

    As for Tsu-Tze, despite his incredible strength, he wasn't quite able to use it as well as the last few turns, and he too makes only five feet's worth of progress. It does occur to him however that while the fire he is pushing through right now is illusory, the lava pit is likely not, and if he pushes ten more feet forward his spoke will be out over the pit, where he can't reach it from either side of the pit.

    With the two of them pushing at the same time, it seems to Marambe that the harder one of them manages to push, the easier it gets for the other. While no spokes move without being manually pushed, they are definitely connected to some degree, and Tsu-Tze's momentary lapse immediately made itself felt in the form of more resistance for Marambe.

    Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show
    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O
    1 W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    2 W . . . . . . . . . . . . . W
    3 W . . . . G. G. . . . . . . . W
    4 W . . . . G. G. . . . . . . . W
    5 W s s . . . , , , W
    6 W s s. ? ? ? . G G, , , W
    7 W . ? ? ? ? ? s Gs. G, , , W
    8 W . ? ? ? ? ? s s TT. . W
    9 W ? ? ? ? ? . . W
    10 W s ? ? ? . . . W
    11 W S s s s M. L s Ma L s Ma G. G. W
    12 W G. G. . . . . .L s Ma .L s Ma G. G. . . . W
    13 W G. G. . . . . .L .L . . . . . W
    14 W . . . . . . .L .L . . . . . W
    15 W W W W W W w w W W W W
    16 W W W W W W w w W W W W
    17 W W W W W W W W W W W W
    18 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    19 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    20 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    21 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    22 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    23 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    W = Walls.
    . = Fire. Magical fire.
    , = Magical darkness.
    p = Ceiling collapse trap?
    ? = Wheel contraption. These maps don't make for pretty circles.
    L = Floor missing, 10 feet down is lava.

    M = Malog.
    Ma = Marambe.
    TT = Tsu-Tze.
    S = Serafino.

    G = Golem.
    s = Swarm.


    The swarm stunned by Serafino flutters in place. It isn't out of the game, but he definitely succeeded in temporarily disrupting the wasps.

    The swarms surrounding Marambe and Tsu-Tze follow after them mercilessly, as do the golems they emerged out of.

    Spoiler: Attacks
    Show
    Marambe:
    Swarm attack: (3d6)[11]
    Golem's full attack:
    Attack roll 1: (1d20+23)[30]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[26]
    Attack roll 2: (1d20+23)[29]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[13]

    Tsu-Tze:
    Swarm attack: (3d6)[11]
    Fort save against poison: (1d20+13)[23] - success.

    Tsu-Tze too is being attacked by a Golem this turn, however as it had to move further to reach him it is not able to attack twice:
    Attack roll: (1d20+23)[25]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[17]


    The golem being flanked by Serafino and Malog divides its attacks between them:
    Attack against Serafino: (1d20+23)[42]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[28]
    Attack against Malog: (1d20+23)[29]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[26]

    The Southwest swarm, sensing Serafino's return, stretches to encompass both Malog and Serafino, attacking both:
    Serafino takes (3d6)[12] damage.
    Malog takes (3d6)[11] damage.

    The experience of being swarmed by these awful wasps is nauseating, and Tsu-Tze and Malog are at risk of losing themselves to the sensation for a moment (Don't think you two are immune to nausea, do tell me if you are):
    Malog's Fort save: (1d20+18)[24]
    Tsu-Tze's Fort save: (1d20+13)[16] - that's a failed save.

    The floor beneath Malog begins to sink.
    Tsu-Tze is nauseated. This turn he is only able to take a single move action.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-12-07 at 10:58 PM.
    Throw the dice high.

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Marambe looks back and grimaces when he sees his new dwarven friend is clearly being affected by the swarm.

    "If I go over the lava, both golems might go for Tsu-Tse. I'm going to try to take one out."

    The giant ape attempts to hop off the spoke he was pushing and goes for a heavy tackle against the golem closest to him, pounding it as they go down.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Grapple the golem in J11-K12

    Marambe does not have improved grapple, so doing this provokes an AOO.
    If he takes damage from an AOO, that attempt fails. But, he has several attacks per round and he only needs to land one touch hit (and then succeed a grapple check) so hopefully he can still get the grapple off.
    For convenience, Marambe's normal AC is 32. Not sure what it would be on the spoke.

    If Marambe is counted as squeezing for these attacks, power attack for 3.
    If he isn't counted as squeezing, then power attack for 7.
    Rolls below assume power attack for 7. If he is squeezing the attack rolls stay the same (-4 from squeezing, +4 from power attack for less), but -4 to damage rolls.
    All of these attacks are adamantine.

    Marambe heals for 7 hp with every successful damaging attack.

    MH1 - (1d20+9)[24]
    grapple - (1d20+23)[28]

    OH1 - (1d20+9)[15]
    If not grappled yet: grapple - (1d20+23)[34]
    If already in grapple: damage - (2d8+21)[34]

    MH2 - (1d20+4)[11]
    If not grappled yet: grapple - (1d20+23)[41]
    If already in grapple: damage - (2d8+21)[34]

    OH2 - (1d20+4)[24]
    If not grappled yet: grapple - (1d20+23)[25]
    If already in grapple: damage - (2d8+21)[36]

    Only works if in a grapple:
    Slam1 - (1d20+4)[22]
    damage - (1d8+15)[21]

    Slam2 - (1d20+4)[12]
    damage - (1d8+15)[20]
    Last edited by Tyrann; 2019-12-09 at 01:05 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino notices Tsu-Tse's suppressed retching and winces. Hard to focus on pushing things when guts were trying to force their way up through the throat! Hadn't mentioned something about a Balancing spell on a wand that could let him balance upside down or something? That might help him get out of the immediate effects of the wasps.

    "Tsu-Tse, you said the Balancing spell might come in handy. Malog's melting things nicely here, I'll be right over."

    Serafino flips and spins as he flies across the room, providing a harder target to anyone to take a swipe at. As he flies over, his mind races about where he noticed the dwarf keeping the wand, how to likely activate it, and how to lift it quickly enough to still have time to activate it. Inspiration hit him about half way across the room!

    Spoiler: Inspired Actions
    Show

    Inspired Perception to see/remember where on Tsu-Tse's body the Balancing Lorecall wand is located: (1d20+38)[40]
    Inspired Sleight of Hand to pick it as a free action (DC 40): (1d20+36)[47]
    Use Magic Device (DC 20): +26 modifier means auto-pass


    Serafino tumbles right into the middle of the swarm (J-8) and grabs the wand from Tsu-Tse, and quickly activates it on the Dwarf. He's pretty sure no one would have noticed the pick-pocket trick even if they hadn't been in the middle of a battle. He was pretty happy with it. Hopefully he'd be able to keep this swarm distracted for a while, too.
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-12-08 at 10:39 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    For his own part, Malog would be a very simple creature. His blade would lash out as he delivered massive chops, trying to tear into the golem, to render it to corroded sludge and melted scrap. It would look lovely with some rust, or some vines and roots growing from it...

    Spoiler: Hacking at the golem
    Show

    Chop 1; (1d20+15)[19]
    Damage; (1d10+11)[21] plus (4d6)[15] Acid, plus (1d6+3)[4] negative

    Chop 2; (1d20+10)[27]
    Damage; (1d10+11)[13] plus (4d6)[8] Acid, plus (1d6+3)[4] negative

    Acid Nimbus (REF DC 23 half); (3d6)[6] Acid
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tsu-Tse, surrounded by golems, covered in flies, and approaching a pit of lava, suffers a sudden loss of enthusiasm for his spoke in favour of one that's a little less... busy. With a flip he somersaults through the air to land on the wheel itself, then keeps on dodging and weaving, trying to reach of an untended spoke.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move action to get to another spoke, with a jump as a swift action as necessary. Even at half movement for tumbling that's 30'
    Do all this as a tumble DC 17 (15 + 2 for the second golem)

    Tumble check (1d20+9) Plus 4 if the bonus for balancing lorecall works for tumble. (the spell adds 4 to balance checks, both this and tumble have been collapsed into acrobatics)

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    The golem gets one jab in, but then Marambe succeeds in lunging himself at it into a grapple. He keeps trying to damage the thing, but it's hard to get a good strike in against an opponent that is this bloody hard (After the grapple is established, there are zero more hits). The golem is incapable of forming a mocking smile.

    Tsu-Tze, through the haze of nausea, still manages to identify the best spoke to move on to. The spoke that started out facing South has only moved five feet in total, but thanks to that it is no longer stuck over the lava pit, and Tsu-Tze lands to the West of it.

    The floor under Marambe sinks - he bashes away at the golem, but fails to hurt it much before stepping off the sinking floor panel at the last moment. It disappears into lava, and the heat radiating out of the pit is enough to convince him that it is real. His acid nimbus keeps eating away at both golem and swarm.

    Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show
    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O
    1 W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    2 W . . . . . . . . . . . . . W
    3 W . . . . . . . . . . . . . W
    4 W . . . . . . . . . . . . . W
    5 W s s . . . , , , W
    6 W s s. ? ? ? . G G, , , W
    7 W . ? ? ? ? ? G. G, , , W
    8 W . ? ? ? ? ? S s . . W
    9 W ? ? ? ? ?s . . W
    10 W s G G ? ? ? . s. . W
    11 W s M s Ls. G G TTs L s L s GMas. GMas. W
    12 W G. G. . . . . .L .L GMa. GMa. . . . W
    13 W G. G. . . . . .L .L . . . . . W
    14 W . . . . . . .L .L . . . . . W
    15 W W W W W W w w W W W W
    16 W W W W W W w w W W W W
    17 W W W W W W W W W W W W
    18 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    19 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    20 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    21 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    22 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    23 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    W = Walls.
    . = Fire. Magical fire.
    , = Magical darkness.
    p = Ceiling collapse trap?
    ? = Wheel contraption. These maps don't make for pretty circles.
    L = Floor missing, 10 feet down is lava.

    M = Malog.
    Ma = Marambe.
    TT = Tsu-Tze.
    S = Serafino.

    G = Golem.
    s = Swarm.


    The swarm left up North still buzzes strangely, but suddenly returns to normal, having recovered.

    The swarm and golem left with Malog continue to chip away at the grotesque 'human' in a gruesome war of very slow attrition.

    The swarm and golem that were previously attacking Tsu-Tze go after Serafino, but the swarm also stretches to reach the grappling gorilla machine. Likewise, the swarm that was previously stalking Marambe stretches to reach both Tsu-Tze and the ape this turn.
    Spoiler: Far too many attacks
    Show
    Malog:
    Golem slam attack 1: (1d20+23)[32]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[30]
    Golem slam attack 2: (1d20+23)[27]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[16]
    Swarm damage: (3d6)[10]
    Fort save against becoming nauseated: (1d20+18)[20] - success.

    Serafino:
    Golem slam attack 1: (1d20+23)[35]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[26]
    Golem slam attack 2: (1d20+23)[28]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[23]
    Swarm damage: (3d6)[9]

    Marambe:
    Golem slam attack 1: (1d20+23)[41] -4 for being in a grapple, mein bad.
    Damage: (2d10+11)[27]
    Golem slam attack 2: (1d20+23)[28] -4.
    Damage: (2d10+11)[22]
    Swarm damage from bottom center swarm: (3d6)[16]
    Swarm damage from center right swarm: (3d6)[12]
    Half his body being inside the real firewall to the South: (2d6+15)[22]

    Tsu-Tze:
    Swarm damage from bottom center swarm: (3d6)[9]
    Fort save against poison: (1d20+18)[29] - the modifier should be +13, my bad, copied from Malog. Still a pass.
    Fort save against becoming nauseated: (1d20+18)[20] - same deal here, but a failed save this time at 15.

    The final golem, too far away from the action to attack anyone this turn, double moves to get to Tsu-Tze.
    Tsu-Tze is nauseated this turn as well and may only take a move action.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-12-09 at 10:38 PM.
    Throw the dice high.

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Fire purifies. He does not like fire, as he chops down at the Golem, blade trying to dig in, to melt and rust and corrode. Yeah, the swarm was annoying... but the golem hit harder and in order for the swarm to try and hurt him, it would need to be melted by him.

    Spoiler: Attacks
    Show

    Chop one; (1d20+15)[22]
    Damage; (1d10+11)[14] plus [roll]4d6[roll] Acid plus (1d6+3)[4] Negative

    Chop two; (1d20+10)[24]
    Damage; (1d10+11)[19] plus [roll]4d6[roll] Acid plus (1d6+3)[9] Negative
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino scans the battlefield. It was a big mass of chaos. Blah. The only thing that had been properly successful was Malog melting down his enemies into slime, but that was taking way too long. Well, something else had worked pretty well.

    "Malog, you're about to make a big impact in that golem's life again; brace yourself!"

    Serafino lets loose with his Telekinesis, once again using the undead creature as a battering ram against the golem.

    Spoiler: Actions and Rolls
    Show
    Telekinesis to use its violent thrust with Malog as the payload: (12d6)[58]
    Bashes the golem next to Malog. Malog doesn't change spaces.


    Tsu-Tse had also moved to a spot next to a golem and it looked like he was still being affected by the swarms. His tumbling had been impressive and sufficient to avoid the backhand swipe the golem had tried to take. Still, if the golem connected with a pair of hits, it would seriously put a dent in the dwarf's day.

    Serafino moves with a flying corkscrew next to the golem, smacking into it. (Serafino ends at G-9)

    "Tsu-Tse, try another spot on the wheel away from this golem."

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Marambe looks at his allies getting out of the way, and grins back at the non-grinning golem.
    Suddenly, the heavy weight pressing down on the grappled golem vanishes. A split second later Marambe reappears 10 feet away, by the wall to the right.

    The ape's eyes shift to trailing Akira red as he heavily kicks off the wall behind him, hurling himself onto the other golem - or the part of it he can see emerging from the darkness, anyway.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Current HP (after fast healing this turn): 100/188

    Swift: use anklet of transposition to teleport 10 ft. to M10-N11

    Free: Activate Feral Trance (+4 dex, +2 on unarmed damage rolls, gain bite attack 1d6+str)
    Free: Activate Whirling Frenzy
    Free: Power attack for 7, using Shock Trooper for Heedless Charge (-7 to AC instead of to attack rolls)
    Free: Tumble (if allowed as part of a charge)
    acrobatics - (1d20+19)[30]

    With all those modifiers, and after charging, Marambe's AC is now 29.

    Every successful attack heals Marambe for 7

    Every time Marambe deals over 10 damage with an attack, he can make a free trip attempt (because of the knock-down feat). He cannot be tripped in return if the attempt fails.

    The first attack of the charge gets +2d6 damage from the Powerful Charge feat.

    Full round: Charge!

    Move to K8-L9

    Attacks:
    Frenzy attack - (1d20+19)[27]
    Damage - (2d8+25)[35]+(2d6)[8]
    Trip - (1d20+21)[29]

    MH1 - (1d20+19)[27]
    Damage - (2d8+25)[31]
    Trip - (1d20+21)[35]

    MH2 - (1d20+14)[34]
    Damage - (2d8+25)[31]
    Trip - (1d20+21)[37]

    OH1 - (1d20+19)[29]
    Damage - (2d8+25)[33]
    Trip - (1d20+21)[33]

    OH2 - (1d20+14)[25]
    Damage - (2d8+25)[30]
    Trip - (1d20+21)[39]

    Slam1 - (1d20+14)[25]
    Damage - (1d8+16)[21]
    Trip - (1d20+21)[34]

    Slam1 - (1d20+14)[30]
    Damage - (1d8+16)[23]
    Trip - (1d20+21)[32]

    Bite attack is not adamantine
    Bite - (1d20+19)[34]
    Damage - (1d6+23)[25]
    Trip - (1d20+21)[22]

    Bonus attack if any of the trip attempts are successful. Edit: that says slam 1 but was actually a MH attack. Either way it shouldn't matter because it probably missed.. :(
    Slam1 - (1d20+19)[22]
    Damage - (2d8+25)[37]
    Last edited by Tyrann; 2019-12-10 at 02:41 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Rolling his eyes, Tsu-Tse moves again. This time he sways backwards, and then keeps falling, ducking under the spoke, before popping up on the other side of the spoke, and jumps onto the wheel, before making his swaying and weaving way over to the only spoke that doesn't have a golem near it.

    Spoiler: Action
    Show

    Declare the golem the target of swaying waist (works like dodge feat, +2 AC)
    Sudden leap as a swift action to tumble 5ft
    Move as a move action to move up to 25ft while tumbling
    Tumble check DC 15 (1d20+9)[14] plus 4 if balancing lorecall counts.

    Stop 5ft from the spoke, since I don't want to dive into the swarm earlier than I have to.

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Malog attacks the golem again, but its iron body deflects the blows. Turning into a telekinetic projectile, however, that seems to be quite effective. The ringing in his ears from the impact clears up almost immediately and his vision is basically clear. After his attacks, illusory flames appear in this square as well.

    With an absolutely brutal display of force Marambe lunges at the Iron Golem. Its hard form deflects many of the attacks, but three get through and he causes some serious damage and manages to trip the thing.

    Tsu-Tse, with the grace of dwarven kind (and a dash of magic), stands on the wheel housing, waiting for Marambe to take care of one of the golems and/or move away.

    Serafino slams into another golem. It doesn't seem as surprised as most human warriors would be at the non-attack, but it does try to smack him.
    Spoiler: AoO
    Show
    Getting smacked for entering its space.
    Golem slam attack: (1d20+23)[33]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[28]


    Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show
    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O
    1 W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    2 W . . . . . . . . . . . . . W
    3 W . . . . . . . . . . . . . W
    4 W . . . . . . . . . . . . . W
    5 W . . . , , , W
    6 W . ? ? ? . G G, , , W
    7 W . ? ? ? ? ?s Gs. G, , , W
    8 W . ? ? ? ? ?s Mas. Ma. W
    9 W ? Ss? s? s? s? Ma. sMa. W
    10 W s G G ? ? ? TTs. s. s. W
    11 W s M s. L. G G L L G. G. W
    12 W G. G. . . . . .L .L G. G. . . . W
    13 W G. G. . . . . .L .L . . . . . W
    14 W . . . . . . .L .L . . . . . W
    15 W W W W W W w w W W W W
    16 W W W W W W w w W W W W
    17 W W W W W W W W W W W W
    18 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    19 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    20 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    21 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    22 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    23 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    W = Walls.
    . = Fire. Magical fire.
    , = Magical darkness.
    p = Ceiling collapse trap?
    ? = Wheel contraption. These maps don't make for pretty circles.
    L = Floor missing, 10 feet down is lava.

    M = Malog.
    Ma = Marambe.
    TT = Tsu-Tze.
    S = Serafino.

    G = Golem.
    s = Swarm.



    Spoiler: All the attacks, again
    Show

    Serafino:
    Golem slam attack 1: (1d20+23)[31]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[17]
    Golem slam attack 2: (1d20+23)[41]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[26]
    Having recovered from the psionic attack, the Nortern swarm comes for Serafino.
    Swarm damage: (3d6)[7]

    Tsu-Tse:
    Golem slam attack 1: (1d20+23)[36]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[26]
    Golem slam attack 2: (1d20+23)[27]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[28]
    Swarm damage: (3d6)[13]
    Fort save against poison: (1d20+13)[29] - pass
    Fort save against nausea: (1d20+13)[31] - pass

    Malog:
    Reflex save Golem: (1d20)[2]
    Reflex save Swarm: (1d20)[16]
    Golem slam attack 1: (1d20+23)[40]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[31]
    Golem slam attack 2: (1d20+23)[29]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[24]
    Swarm damage: (3d6)[12]
    Fort save against nausea: (1d20+18)[21] - pass

    Marambe:
    Golem stands up, provoking an attack of opportunity. Then it attacks.
    Golem slam attack: (1d20+23)[31]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[22]
    Swarm damage: (3d6)[7]
    Swarm damage: (3d6)[10]


    The party may act.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-12-12 at 03:33 PM.
    Throw the dice high.

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino waves his hand at the swarming wasps, mainly to clear his sight around himself. While they were stinging him, it would take them longer than he needed to worry about before they would cause him serious harm.

    That punch from the golem, though - that would wear him down faster. Still, not something he had to worry about right now, though. Destroy at least one golem, and they could quickly destroy the other golems. The lumps of iron were ridiculously difficult to damage, though.

    Serafino's eyes widen at Marambe's attack.

    "Jovem testacles," he mutters in Latin. "Note to self: don't go toe-to-toe with the angry robot ape."

    Tsu-Tse took a couple nasty hits, but the dwarf seemed to be ridiculously tough, shrugging off the swarm's effects. Serafino flipped and tumbled through the air (to I-11), giving the golem a bump. They seemed to be fairly dumb, swinging at whatever was nearby. Serafino would hopefully attract some of the attacks instead of Tsu-Tse as the dwarf continued turning the wheel.

    "Malog, get ready to do your best impression of a battering ram with a giant sword again."
    Spoiler: Malog + Telekinesis = Dented Golem
    Show
    Inspiration Point-fueled attack with Telekinesis on Malog into the golem next to him. (base attack 5 + charisma 14 + intelligence 13)
    Attack: (1d20+32)[44]
    Just in case of crit: (1d20+32)[42]
    Damage: (12d6)[44]

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Losing himself in his frenzy, Marambe just keeps on pounding away at the golem.

    Spoiler: actions
    Show

    Current HP 117/180
    Current AC 36

    Rage and frenzy round 2/19
    Not making a whirling frenzy attack this turn, meaning an extra +2 to attack. Because these things have damned high AC.

    If the golem Marambe is attacking now somehow dies, Marambe will 5' step to the north, so he can pounce the golem by Tsu-Tse next turn.

    Full attacking.
    Every successful hit heals Marambe for 7.
    Miss on a 1 for miss chance
    Bite isn't adamantine. Rest is. Damage over 10 (after dr) triggers a trip attempt.

    AOO from golem getting up was rolled on Discord, dealt 33 dmg and failed to trip.

    miss chance - (1d5)[4]
    Bite - (1d20+18)[32]
    damage - (1d6+16)[17]
    trip - (1d20+21)[35]

    miss chance - (1d5)[1]
    MH1 - (1d20+18)[34]
    damage - (2d8+18)[25]
    trip - (1d20+21)[28]

    miss chance - (1d5)[5]
    OH1 - (1d20+18)[28]
    damage - (2d8+18)[25]
    trip - (1d20+21)[31]

    miss chance - (1d5)[1]
    MH2 - (1d20+13)[15]
    damage - (2d8+18)[28]
    trip - (1d20+21)[35]

    miss chance - (1d5)[2]
    OH2 - (1d20+13)[32]
    damage - (2d8+18)[25]
    trip - (1d20+21)[31]

    miss chance - (1d5)[3]
    Slam1 - (1d20+13)[16]
    damage - (1d8+9)[12]
    trip - (1d20+21)[22]

    miss chance - (1d5)[5]
    Slam2 - (1d20+13)[14]
    damage - (1d8+9)[13]
    trip - (1d20+21)[32]

    Extra attack from imp trip if trip is successful
    miss chance - (1d5)[4]
    attack - (1d20+18)[30]
    damage - (2d8+18)[27]
    Last edited by Tyrann; 2019-12-12 at 07:33 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tsu-Tse carefully balanced on the side of the wheel, his feet splayed to give him purchase.

    Heave.... Ho!

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Balance check to balance on the side of the wheel (1d20+13)[25]
    Strength check to move the spoke. (1d20+23)[33]

    Keeping the nearest golem as my swaying waist target for +2 AC against him.

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    For his part, Malog would respond to the prompt by swinging his sword and proceeding to sing Old Butcher Pete in abyssal.

    Spoiler: Chopping he's chopping
    Show

    Chop one; (1d20+15)[25]
    Damage; (1d10+11)[20] plus (4d6)[14] Acid plus (1d6+3)[8] Negative energy

    Chop one; (1d20+10)[22]
    Damage; (1d10+11)[14] plus (4d6)[13] Acid plus (1d6+3)[9] Negative energy

    Acid Nimbus (REF DC 23 half); (3d6)[9] Acid
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Malog, with a little help from Serafino, creates another beautiful imprint of himself in one of the golems. It looks like the older imprints are slowly being washed away by the fire the golem is standing in, but that's definitely happening slower than you are piling new damage on. Only... Hm, looks like the floor under Malog is sinking again.

    Marambe, with an absolutely brutal display of raw physical prowess, continues to bite and slam and tear at the golem until the light in its eyes flickers out, the metal husk unable to sustain its magic in the face of such overwhelming damage. Only... hm. The floor underneath Marambe starts to sink - as does the floor where the golem collapsed.

    Serafino slams into another golem - and gets smacked for his effort. They aren't weak opponents, but they are, it seems, very predictable.
    Spoiler: AoO
    Show
    Golem slam attack: (1d20+23)[25]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[23]

    Tsu-Tse moves into the space Marambe left, and renews efforts to pull the spoke. It is definitely harder to move these when nobody is working on the other spokes. He manages to move the spoke five feet, ending up in the same square where he started the turn.

    Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show
    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O
    1 W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    2 W . . . . . . . . . . . . . W
    3 W . . . . . . . . . . . . . W
    4 W . . . . . . . . . . . . . W
    5 W . . . , , , W
    6 W . ? ? ? . , , , W
    7 W . ? ? ? ? ? sMa. Mas, , , W
    8 W . ? ? ? ? ?s sMa. Mas. W
    9 W G G ? ? ? ? ?s s. s. W
    10 W s G G ? ? ? TTs. s. s. W
    11 W s M s. L. L SLs G. G. W
    12 W G. G. . . . . .L .L G. G. . . . W
    13 W G. G. . . . . .L .L . . . . . W
    14 W . . . . . . .L .L . . . . . W
    15 W W W W W W w w W W W W
    16 W W W W W W w w W W W W
    17 W W W W W W W W W W W W
    18 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    19 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    20 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    21 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    22 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    23 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    W = Walls.
    . = Fire. Magical fire.
    , = Magical darkness.
    p = Ceiling collapse trap?
    ? = Wheel contraption. These maps don't make for pretty circles.
    L = Floor missing, 10 feet down is lava.

    M = Malog.
    Ma = Marambe.
    TT = Tsu-Tze.
    S = Serafino.

    G = Golem.
    s = Swarm.


    One golem has been destroyed, and is a threat no more. The one that was attacking Serafino can't reach him easily, and instead takes a five foot step and joins its brother in the war of attrition with Malog.
    Spoiler: All the attacks
    Show
    Malog:
    Reflex save golem: (1d20)[12]
    Reflex save swarm: (1d20)[2]
    Golem 1 slam attack 1: (1d20+25)[37]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[24]
    Golem 1 slam attack 2: (1d20+25)[42]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[22]
    Golem 2 slam attack 1: (1d20+25)[27]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[16]
    Golem 2 slam attack 2: (1d20+25)[30]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[22]
    Swarm attack: (3d6)[9]
    Fort save against nausea: (1d20+18)[29] - pass.

    Serafino:
    The golem divides its attacks between Serafino and Tsu-Tse. Serafino gets one:
    Golem slam attack: (1d20+23)[40]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[26]
    Swarm attack: (3d6)[9]

    Tsu-Tse:
    Same deal here.
    Golem slam attack: (1d20+23)[28]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[20]
    Swarm attack: (3d6)[11]
    Fort save against poison: (1d20+13)[19] - that's a fail. As per roll on Discord, that's six points of Dexterity damage.
    Fort save against nausea: (1d20+13)[30] - that's a pass.

    Marambe:
    No golems attacking Marambe this turn!
    Swarm attack: (3d6)[15]
    Swarm attack: (3d6)[9]


    The party may act. The floor is sinking in the square Malog is in, the squares Marambe is currently in, and the squares where the golem stood when it was defeated. Tsu-Tse has zero Dexterity and has become effectively paralyzed.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-12-15 at 09:07 PM.
    Throw the dice high.

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Battered and bruised, Malog would keep attacking, trying to hack apart the golem. Now, he was a simple man, even as he knew... he needed to try and end this fast, or he was not going to make it. Roaring, he would take the blows, and try and rend the golem in turn!

    Spoiler: Offense
    Show

    Chop 1; (1d20+15)[24]
    Damage; (1d10+11)[12] plus (4d6)[19] Acid

    Chop 1; (1d20+10)[22]
    Damage; (1d10+11)[16] plus (4d6)[13] Acid

    Acid Nimbus (REF 23 Half); (3d6)[13]
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Marambe turns around as he sees the lights go out in the golem he was facing, only to see Tsu-Tse drop due to the poison.

    With an eardrum-splitting roar, he launches himself at the next closest golem and all too happily uses the opening created by Serafino distracting the thing.

    Spoiler: actions
    Show


    Current HP 135/180
    Current AC 29 (using heedless charge)

    Rage and frenzy round 3/19

    Free: Power attack for 7, using shock trooper (heedless charge) for penalty to AC instead of BAB.

    Bonuses to attack: +3 charge, +2 Serafino's flank, +1 Serafino's aura.

    Every successful hit heals Marambe for 7.

    Damage over 10 (after dr) triggers a trip attempt. Tripped enemies get -4 AC and attack bonus.

    Bite isn't adamantine. Rest is.

    Bite - (1d20+22)[24] (non-adamantine, damage includes bonus from powerful charge feat, trip only on a 10 after dr)
    damage - (3d6+23)[29]
    trip - (1d20+21)[34]

    Frenzy attack - (1d20+22)[34]
    damage - (2d8+25)[41]
    trip - (1d20+21)[40]

    MH1 - (1d20+22)[30]
    damage - (2d8+25)[31]
    trip - (1d20+21)[32]

    OH1 - (1d20+22)[38]
    damage - (2d8+25)[35]
    trip - (1d20+21)[34]

    MH2 - (1d20+17)[33]
    damage - (2d8+25)[38]
    trip - (1d20+21)[28]

    OH2 - (1d20+17)[22]
    damage - (2d8+25)[32]
    trip - (1d20+21)[34]

    Slam1 - (1d20+17)[18]
    damage - (2d8+25)[36]
    trip - (1d20+16)[32]

    Slam2 - (1d20+17)[37]
    damage - (2d8+25)[36]
    trip - (1d20+16)[22]

    If trip is successful
    bonus attack - (1d20+22)[37]
    damage - (2d8+25)[33]

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    "Looks like Marambe's found his groove."

    Serafino sees Tsu-Tse slump over, face filled with frustration. He grabs the dwarf and takes off flying swooping over the giant wheel, dropping the dwarf on the wheel away from immediate threat (G-6) and then arcs back next to (F-9) the nearest golem, smacking into the golem at a full-speed, un-slowed clunk against the golem. They weren't the smartest enemies, and this seemed to work well enough to attract attacks.

    Serafino shouts some quick orders.

    "Malog, hit the swarms! Marambe can come over to attack the golems, but you're the only one who can attack the swarms! Feed them some acid!

    "Marambe, these golems just said they banged your mother!"
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-12-16 at 11:19 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tsu-Tse was not enjoying his afternoon. Spending his time stuck in one position in an oven-like low cealinged room, while around him people fought with dangerous machines and vicious bugs. It was a maddeningly familiar situation.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Use monk Wholeness of body (su power) to heal 18 hp.
    Last edited by Togo; 2019-12-17 at 01:22 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Marambe throws himself at a second golem, and with his brutal strength and Serafino for some flanking support, absolutely demolishes the second golem. In five attacks he reduces the thing to rubble.

    Serafino delivers Tsu-Tse to relative safety, before swinging back to catch a slap from one of the two remaining golems.
    Spoiler: AoO
    Show
    Golem slam attack: (1d20+23)[34]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[14]


    Malog keeps attacking the golem, and in his focus forgets to step off of the sinking tile beneath him.
    Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show
    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O
    1 W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    2 W . . . . . . . . . . . . . W
    3 W . . . . . . . . . . . . . W
    4 W . . . . . . . . . . . . . W
    5 W . . . , , , W
    6 W . sTT? ? ? . L L, , , W
    7 W . ? s? ? ? ? L. L, , , W
    8 W . s? ? ? ? ? L. L. W
    9 W G G sS? ? ? ? s? Mas. Mas. s W
    10 W s G G ? ? ? s. Mas. Mas. s W
    11 W s LM s. L. L L . . W
    12 W G. G. . . . . .L .L . . . . . W
    13 W G. G. . . . . .L .L . . . . . W
    14 W . . . . . . .L .L . . . . . W
    15 W W W W W W w w W W W W
    16 W W W W W W w w W W W W
    17 W W W W W W W W W W W W
    18 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    19 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    20 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    21 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    22 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    23 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    W = Walls.
    . = Fire. Magical fire.
    , = Magical darkness.
    p = Ceiling collapse trap?
    ? = Wheel contraption. These maps don't make for pretty circles.
    L = Floor missing, 10 feet down is lava.

    M = Malog.
    Ma = Marambe.
    TT = Tsu-Tze.
    S = Serafino.

    G = Golem.
    s = Swarm.


    Spoiler: All the attacks
    Show
    Malog:
    Reflex save old golem: (1d20)[5]
    Reflex save new golem: (1d20)[9]
    Reflex save swarm: (1d20)[18]
    Old golem's slam attack 1: (1d20+25)[27]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[25]
    Old golem's slam attack 2: (1d20+25)[37]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[22]
    New golem's slam attack 1: (1d20+25)[29]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[19]
    Swarm attack: (3d6)[10]
    Fort save v Nausea: (1d20+18)[19] - That's a fail. The DC is exactly 20. Malog is nauseated.

    Serafino:
    Serafino manages to draw one of the attacks away from Malog.
    Slam attack 1: (1d20+23)[27]
    Damage: (2d10+11)[16]
    Swarm attack: (3d6)[7]

    Tsu-Tse:
    One of the swarms manages to reach both Serafino and the dwarf.
    Swarm attack: (3d6)[11]
    And I guess the poison can technically keep stacking, increasing the amont of ability damage that needs to be healed. Fort save v poison:(1d20+13)[24] - pass.
    Fort save v Nausea: (1d20+13)[25] - pass.

    Marambe:
    No golems left standing near Marambe, but two of the swarms try their darndest to wear him down.
    Swarm attack: (3d6)[8]
    Swarm attack: (3d6)[7]


    The floor beneath Malog has sunk into the lava. He was too slow to step off the sinking block in time, and finds himself having to grab onto one of the surrounding tiles with his arms, and is hanging over the lava. The heat radiating up beneath him is very real, and it is scorching. If he were to fall in, bruised and injured as he is, there is a very real chance he will die.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Climbing back up is a Move action and requires a DC 10 Climb check. The first time a plate was sinking I reminded him to take that five foot step, but since it's the second time he missed the warning, I think a second's delay and having to grab a tile with his arms is justified.


    The party may act. The floor beneath the second destroyed golem begins to sink, though the floor beneath Marambe does not. Malog is nauseated and hanging over lava. He is also really low on hp. This would be the time to coordinate carefully before you act.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-12-18 at 12:31 AM.
    Throw the dice high.

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    "Oh slag it all," Serafino mutters as he dodges and shrugs off the clumsy swings of the golems and the attacks of the swarms.

    "Up you go, Malog! Attack the swarms and remember to move to avoid the lava!"

    With a violent telekinetic thrust, Serafino yanks Malog up from the pit, slanting the yank a little so the undead being would hit the ceiling in and fall onto a square that wasn't about to sink into lava (C-9).

    He then tumbles through the air past the nearest golem and smacks into the southwestern golem, trying to attract all the attacks he can.

    (tumble auto-succeeds to avoid AoO. Winds up in D-11.)

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Marambe roars as the second golem goes down. Then barrels over the wheel towards the other two golems, throwing a flying hook against one of them as he jumps off.

    Spoiler: actions
    Show

    Current hp: 180/180
    Current AC: 36
    Rage and frenzy round: 4/19

    Free: tumble for half move
    [Roll=tumble]1d20+19/roll]
    Move: move to D7-E8

    Standard: use Douse the Flames maneuver against golem in D9-E10.
    If this hits, the golem can't take AOOs until Marambe's next turn.
    attack - (1d20+21)[36] (includes flank and Morale bonus)
    damage - (2d8+18)[29]
    trip - (1d20+21)[25]

    If trip successful
    Roll=attack]1d20+21[/roll] (does not include +4 for enemy being tripped) rolled on Discord, was a 25
    damage - (2d8+18)[25]
    Last edited by Tyrann; 2019-12-19 at 02:39 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Now, the thing is, if he was not feeling the various wasps and other life burrowing through him, he would indeed be swinging at the swarm... sadly, this would be one of the rare cases where he was unable to really do much, as nausea and pain ripped through him.

    Spoiler: Acid Nimbus
    Show

    REF DC 23 half; (3d6)[10] Acid
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •