The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 209
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino looks on in no small amount of awe at the force of the large, robotic gorilla's charge. Blood sprays all the way out to Serafino and splatters his shirt as the tentacles go wild in response to the gorilla's powerful blows.

    "Best thing about this world - the magical cleaning is top notch." He wipes off a particularly large gibbet of bloody kraken flesh. He touches it to his tongue and grimaces. "Nope, definitely not."

    With the kraken so focused on the largest foe, it seems to have left the less painful enemies alone. A sudden glimpse of a weak spot showed to Serafino's instincts and he darted forward. A dozen bats were left behind as he moves forward with blinding speed. He lunges forward and pounds a powerful blow at a large soft spot that the tentacles are leaving wide open. Once again, black waves of force seem to emanate from the blow and sink into the beast, draining it of its vitality.

    Spoiler: Attack!
    Show
    Serafino is using an Inspiration Point to add Int modifier to his attack roll.

    Standard action attack:
    Base Attack + Dex + Knowledge Devotion + Inspiration = 4 + 8 + 5 + 12.
    Attack: (1d20+29)[48]
    Damage: 1d6 + Dex + Knowledge Devotion and 3 levels of Level Drain = 1d6 + 8 + 5
    Damage (1d6+13)[17]

    If the Level Drain happens, it does 3 levels of drain, and also deal my Charisma as extra damage on each level lost. That is 3 * 13 = 39 extra damage.
    Level Drain regularly causes -1 on all skill checks and ability checks, -1 on attack rolls and saving throws, and -5 hit points.
    If the Level Drain happens, it deals a total of 54 hp damage.
    Serafino gains the 54 extra damage as temporary HP for an hour - if the level drain takes effect.

    Kraken now has a cumulative -6 to its attacks, saving throws, skills, and ability checks!

    Position: I-10, right next to the kraken.
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-10-15 at 09:19 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    The raven swoops clear of the tentacled monstrosity, and heroically hides behind a rock.

    After a moment, Tsu-Tse peers out from the rock, the same bottle still in his hand. The battle is fierce, every moment is precious.

    He looks down at the bottle in his hand. It's still half full. He finishes it off.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Actions
    Turn back into dwarf.
    Have another drink

    Number of drinks this battle = 2

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    The Kraken, though still a fearsome beast, is showing clear signs of being worn down, and the black water is slowly being tainted red near the creature. Weakened though it is, it puts its all into attacking the frenzied ape monster.

    Spoiler: Papa needs those nat 20s, baby
    Show
    Power attack for 20
    Attack, tentacle: (d20+5)[21]
    Damage: (2d8+23)[35] (After being reduced by DR)
    Attack, tentacle: (d20+5)[6]
    Damage: (2d8+23)[32] (After being reduced by DR)
    Attack, arm: (d20+2)[12]
    Damage: (1d6+19)[25] (After being reduced by DR)
    Attack, arm: (d20+2)[16]
    Damage: (1d6+19)[20] (After being reduced by DR)
    Attack, arm: (d20+2)[11]
    Damage: (1d6+19)[21] (After being reduced by DR)
    Attack, arm: (d20+2)[13]
    Damage: (1d6+19)[25] (After being reduced by DR)
    Attack, arm: (d20+2)[18]
    Damage: (1d6+19)[23] (After being reduced by DR)
    Attack, arm: (d20+2)[5]
    Damage: (1d6+19)[20] (After being reduced by DR)
    Attack, arm: (d20+2)[22]
    Damage: (4d6+19)[37] (After being reduced by DR)
    Throw the dice high.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    As the red water becomes red, Malog would just keep chopping, trying to hack at the kracken... what be cracking, bones be kraken! He would snigger under the waves, as his blade keeps moving.

    Spoiler: Malog Attacks!
    Show

    Chop one!
    (1d20+12)[15]
    Damage; (1d10+8)[11] Slashing, (3d6)[10] Acid, (1d6+3)[6] negative, plus Toxin (Fort DC 26 negates); (1d6)[1] wisdom damage

    Chop one!
    (1d20+7)[11]
    Damage; (1d10+8)[12] Slashing, (3d6)[10] Acid, (1d6+3)[6] negative

    End of turn Nimbus (REF DC 23 Half); (3d6)[13]

    Swim; (1d20+8)[27]
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    "It's like a pile of giant spaghetti is having a seizure."

    Serafino shakes his head at the problem, studying. Hmph. It was so focused on the giant robo-ape that it didn't seem to be worrying about anyone else. Understandable with the amount of damage the big robot was doing, but it was frustrating that Serafino couldn't seem to distract it.

    "Hmmm, let's try getting over on the other side and trying to make it feel surrounded," he mutters to himself as he flips and springs his way across the flailing tentacles, easily dodging them as he crosses to the other side. Tiny bats are tossed off at every twist, squeaking and flapping about as they are flung off by his acrobatics.

    "Hey you giant piece of sushi! I'm going to drain you dry and turn you into an slave to clean my shoes! Get ready for an undeath eternity of servitude on dry land!"

    Now on the opposite side of the creature, Serafino does his best to flank it to provide the others the best chance of attacking. And while he's here ....

    "Dang, this guys is so focused on Marambe that he's leaving himself wide open everywhere," Serafino mutters to himself as he pounds the beast, sending waves of negative energy into the thing, sucking out its life.

    Spoiler: Tumbling across and attack
    Show
    Move action: tumble across the creature, flying and tumbling to avoid AoO.
    (1d20+29)[32] to avoid AoO, DC 15.

    Serafino is using an Inspiration Point to add Int modifier to his attack roll.
    Standard action attack:
    Base Attack + Dex + Knowledge Devotion + Inspiration = 4 + 8 + 5 + 12.
    Attack: (1d20+29)[32]
    Damage: 1d6 + Dex + Knowledge Devotion and 3 levels of Level Drain = 1d6 + 8 + 5
    Damage (1d6+13)[14]

    Level Drain deals 3 levels of drain, and also deal my Charisma as extra damage on each level lost. That is 3 * 13 = 39 extra damage.
    Level Drain regularly causes -1 on all skill checks, ability checks, attack rolls, and saving throws, and -5 hit points.
    If the Level Drain happens, it deals a total of 54 extra hp damage.
    Serafino gains the 54 extra damage as temporary HP for an hour.

    Kraken now has a cumulative -9 to its attacks, saving throws, skills, and ability checks!

    Position: right next to the kraken but on the opposite side of the creature from Marambe, granting a flanking bonus if applicable. DM, pick a square if it matters.
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-10-16 at 06:05 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    There's a curse from behind the rock, a strange dwarvern warcry, some kind of formal challenge to combat.

    Oi! You with the rubbery arms! Your Daddy was a grass spider and yer Mamma was a fern! Stitch this you beaky bas"$*!

    The bottle. now empty, flies out from behind the rock. Rather than a normal lob, the trajectory is flat, and the bottle makes a low hum as it travels through the air. It's followed by a rock, a shot glass, a rather alarmed-looking cave lizard, and what you're fairly sure is a boot, size small, each blurring through the air to strike with audible force.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Throwing random objects at the creature, two-weapon fighting plus flurry, 40' range so three range increments for a total of -9 to hit.
    (1d20+15)[29] for (d6)[2] plus (d8+16)[23] damage
    (1d20+15)[20] for (d6)[6] plus (d8+16)[23] damage
    (1d20+15)[16] for (d6)[1] plus (d8+16)[22] damage
    (1d20+15)[33] for (d6)[4] plus (d8+16)[23] damage
    (1d20+15)[34] for (d6)[2] plus (d8+16)[17] damage

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    One of the Kraken's attacks solidly connects and leaves a dent in the giant ape's jaw. Far from slowing down, though, the gorilla only seems even more pissed off now. What's more, the dents are actually repairing themselves with every hit Marambe puts into the leviathan.

    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show

    Whirling frenzy round 3/19
    Feral trance round 3/19

    Forgot to add it last turn, but Marambe is in the Marial Spirit stance and has Therapeutic Mantle with 2 essentia soulbound, so heals himself for 7 hp every time he successfully lands a hit.
    Also healed 12 from fast healing.
    Current HP (after 4 succeful hits this round): 160/160

    Still using the off hand to maintain the grapple, to hang off the Kraken's body.

    whirling frenzy - (1d20+19)[21]
    Damage - (2d8+18)[22]
    feral trance bite - (1d20+19)[23]
    Damage - (1d6+16)[20]
    Main hand 1 - (1d20+19)[20]
    Damage - (2d8+18)[28]
    Main hand 2 - (1d20+14)[22]
    Damage - (2d8+18)[28]
    Slam 1 - (1d20+14)[19]
    Damage - (1d8+10)[17]
    Slam 2 - (1d20+14)[32]
    Damage - (1d8+10)[18]
    Last edited by Tyrann; 2019-10-17 at 03:00 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    With the last volley of violence the Kraken goes from panicked frenzy to just panic. It tenses up for an instant, and magical energy surges through it.

    Spoiler: Knowledge Arcana, let's call it DC 20
    Show
    It's using a supernatural ability


    A strange wind begins to blow out of nowhere. In seconds it reaches peak strength, blowing everything in the room back toward the entrance at Windstorm speeds.

    Spoiler: Fortitude Save for everyone, DC 18
    Show
    Small creatures who fail are blown away.
    Medium creatures who fail are knocked down.
    Large creatures who fail are checked.

    Checked: Creatures are unable to move forward against the force of the wind. Flying creatures are blown back 1d65 feet.

    Knocked Down: Creatures are knocked prone by the force of the wind. Flying creatures are instead blown back 1d610 feet.

    Blown Away: Creatures on the ground are knocked prone and rolled 1d410 feet, taking 1d4 points of nonlethal damage per 10 feet. Flying creatures are blown back 2d610 feet and take 2d6 points of nonlethal damage due to battering and buffeting.

    Flying or airborne creatures are treated as one size category smaller than their actual size,
    so an airborne Gargantuan dragon is treated as Huge for purposes of wind effects.


    The wind does not stop blowing.
    Throw the dice high.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Too heavy to be buffeted, Marambe just keeps on punching.

    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show

    Whirling frenzy round 4/19
    Feral trance round 4/19
    Off hand used to maintain grapple, to hang from Kraken's body.

    whirling frenzy - (1d20+19)[23]
    Damage - (2d8+18)[21]
    feral trance bite - (1d20+19)[32]
    Damage - (1d6+16)[22]
    Main hand 1 - (1d20+19)[39]
    Damage - (2d8+18)[29]
    Main hand 2 - (1d20+14)[21]
    Damage - (2d8+18)[30]
    Slam 1 - (1d20+14)[16]
    Damage - (1d8+10)[11]
    Slam 2 - (1d20+14)[19]
    Damage - (1d8+10)[15]

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Malog was underwater. Malog did not notice when the kracken started to break wind. No, a gassy squid was not important, what was important was that Malog not stop the chopping, that Malog melts and cuts and makes sushi! He needs rice and seaweed....

    Spoiler: Malog Offensive!
    Show

    Chop one!
    (1d20+12)[25]
    Damage; (1d10+8)[16] slashing, (3d6)[13] Acid, (1d6+3)[8] Negative, plus Toxin for (1d6)[1] Wisdom, Fort DC 26 negates

    Chop two!
    (1d20+7)[16]
    Damage; (1d10+8)[10] slashing, (3d6)[8] Acid, (1d6+3)[5] Negative

    End of Turn Acid Nimbus (Ref DC 23 Half); (3d6)[9]

    Swim; (1d20+8)[28]
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Gritting his teeth against the wind, Tsu-Tse rips a small bottle from his belt, and pops the cork, before slamming it back.

    With a grimace, he hold the now empty bottle out from him, before opening his fingers and letting it get swept away by the wind.

    As the clay bottle smashes and the broken fragments start ringing and tinkling their way down the entrance tunnel, he starts tugging at the larger rocks in the wall above him. Finding a likely suspect, he puts two hands on it, and rips free a chunk of rock about twice his own size. The momentum causes him to turn and he spins entirely around before launching it at the Kraken in rather the manner of householder throwing water at the neighborhood cats.

    Call this a blow, you oversized windchime? I've blown bigger than this out me bumhole you calamari-flavoured heap of midden!
    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Have another drink. Drinks this combat = 3

    Throwing a boulder as an improvised weapon, at -4 due to inclement weather. There's only one boulder, so only one attack.
    (1d20+21)[29] for (d6)[6] plus (d8+17)[20]

    Five foot step upwind. This will put me in tentacle range, but I need to get upwind of it.
    Last edited by Togo; 2019-10-17 at 05:53 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    As the wind began to blow, Serafino leaned into the wind, but it continued to grow in strength and he knew it would blow him away unless ....

    'Let's hope the silk cleans well,' he thought to himself with a sigh, and dropped flat against the surface of the water, floating head-first into the wind. The wind was blocked enough that Serafino could maintain his position. The poor bats that had been attached to his back were all being blown away, though.

    While he was here next to the blasted creature, he might as well do what he could to keep weakening it. With a grunt, Serafino slips through the raging wind to beside the kraken's huge mass. He slams his fist into the side of the kraken, cracking the armor and draining another burst of life from the beast.

    Spoiler: Save and attack
    Show
    Save against the kraken's wind was rolled in Discord. Used an inspiration point.

    Serafino is using an Inspiration Point to add Int modifier to his attack roll.
    Standard action attack:
    Base Attack + Dex + Knowledge Devotion + Inspiration = 4 + 8 + 5 + 12.
    Attack: (1d20+29)[38]
    Damage: 1d6 + Dex + Knowledge Devotion and 3 levels of Level Drain = 1d6 + 8 + 5
    Damage (1d20+13)[19] plus 54 damage from negative levels.

    Level Drain deals 3 levels of drain, and also deal my Charisma as extra damage on each level lost. That is 3 * 13 = 39 extra damage.
    Level Drain regularly causes -1 on all skill checks, ability checks, attack rolls, and saving throws, and -5 hit points.
    If the Level Drain happens, it deals a total of 54 extra hp damage.
    Serafino gains the 54 extra damage as temporary HP for an hour.

    Kraken now has a cumulative -12 to its attacks, saving throws, skills, and ability checks!

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    With the final trick up its sleeve exhausted, the Kraken desperately tries to pull back down under the surface, but it is too late. Serafino's draining attacks, along with the sheer raw physical power supplied by the rest of the party finally succeed in bringing it down.

    The creature is dead. Arms and tentacles cease to flail, and the blood flowing from its wounds begins to taper off. While the smell of blood may not have distracted you while you fought, the sheer quantity of it hits your nose like a wall when you slow down. Malog, having been in the water for most of the fight, is entirely covered in it.

    Without muscles to control its movements, the enormous corpse begins to roll over onto its side.

    There is no sign of Death Fairy. He was presumably watching your battle from the corridor you entered through, but he doesn't seem to be there right now.
    Throw the dice high.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Marambe starts pounding his chest in victory, but soon realizes that the corpse might sink with him still on it. He grabs one of the Kraken's arms and jumps in the direction the wind is still blowing. Then starts pulling the leviathan corpse onto the more shallow bit of the cave, for looting purposes.

    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show

    Assuming I can take 10 because combat is over, Marambe's jump check is 31, plus whatever bonus he gets from jumping with the wind. If that gets him to shore, he start dragging the Kraken.
    Marambe can drag 36800 pounds.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tsu-Tse suddenly looks sober. Instantly, tragically, painfully sober.

    He gives a sigh, wades through the deepening water, and grabbing hold of a drifting tentacle, tries to help Marambe tow the Kraken corpse into shallow water before it sinks.

    As he trudges through what to him is waist-high water, one tentacle slung casually over a shoulder, with the other hand he fiddles with a large wooden wand. It's grace, elegence, pattern of delicately carved leaves, and other non-Tsu-Tsean attributes, suggests it is of elven make, despite the large bloodstain on the handle. As does the string attached to one end, ending in a tag bearing three elven runes.

    Spoiler: Those who can read Elvish
    Show
    The runes roughly translate as
    Bargain!
    Save GPs!!!


    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Tse-Tsu can drag 21000 pounds, if that helps.
    Trying to use the wand of lesser vigour on myself Use Magic Device (1d20+10)[21]

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    From below, Malog would notice that the kracken was dead... but moving... and so, he would begin to push, to shove it towards the shore... maybe it was knocked out? After all, you can faint from blood loss!

    Spoiler: Malog Helps
    Show

    Malog will be pushing the kracken along from below
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino squints against the wind and spray, checking the at the death-shivers of the kraken are truly its final spasms, and then allows himself to be blown to shore.

    "Clothes equal in-need-of-nano-cleaning," he sighs as he braces himself against a wall. He lets the far more muscular teammates tug the giant corpse to shore.

    "I doubt the thing carried much of its belongings with it," Serafino shouts over the wind. "It will probably be worth diving down there! I'll happily do it just to get out of this wind!"

    Serafino begins to strip off his clothes and backpack. He considers trying to fold them, but gale force winds would make that an exercise in futility.

    "Hold my clothes. Clean and fold them as soon as the wind stops," he says quietly. Unseen Servants begin taking his clothes and backpack as he strips off the fine silks which are currently soaked with water despite his best efforts to keep them dry.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    With so many strong members, the enormous corpse of the Kraken is easy enough to tug partially up on the floor by the entrance. A cursory examination of the beast reveals no signs that it had any possessions on its person.

    Serafino's dive is a slow affair. There are no minds left but those of his comrades - and eventually, from Death Fair descending down the stairs and into the room. However, his ability to sense minds does not help him navigate underwater, and while he can see without issue in total darkness, the muddy (and now also bloody) water still obscures his vision more than a few feet out.

    The hole appears to bottom out some 100 feet below the surface, and he finds no paths down here. The Kraken did have very little intelligence for a creature of its race... But was it really kept here, in just this hole? It's not like it could leave. Scouring the bottom for anything of interest, he finds a large number of bones, most broken and cracked. It's hard to make out because of the mud, but these seem to have been here a lot longer than the supposed few months since the dungeon opened. And then there is the... oh hello.

    There is a thin dagger with a black handle lying at the center of the bottom of the pit. It looks a little small for a human.

    ---

    For those remaining above the surface, Death Fairy eventually comes walking into the room. He is carrying a rock larger than himself above his head. It would almost be comical with how he sparkles and glitters as he carries that dull rock, but he is not smiling. He likely is a very powerful and dangerous creature, but it seems he did not come in here today with any countermeasures against an unabating wind.

    He gives the Kraken's corpse a glare that could wither stone.
    Throw the dice high.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tsu-Tse finishes towing the Kraken, and then tries to use to use the wand again, his wounds very very slowly closing.

    Then he wades towards the middle, spots his boot floating in the water, and dives in after it.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Use magic device DC20 to use the wand again (1d20+10)[23]

    Then swims down into the water, after his boot and anything else that might be down there.

    Swim (1d20+15)[22]

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Malog would walk out of the water, and proceed to chop off a bit of the kracken, before he would begin to cook it using the acid generated by his hand, holding back the toxin.... or trying anyway. Still, cooked fish was yummy and there was a lot of fish. He would look at the others, as he would continue to try and cook up kracken steaks.

    Spoiler: Malog Acid Cooking
    Show

    Untrained Profession (Chef); (1d20-4)[0]
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino gathers together the dispersed Shapesand from the water around him, forming it into a simple box around the knife. While the sand streams through the water, he picks through some of the bones, and as a couple questions dawn on him he grabs some of the old bone fragments. Grabbing the Shapesand box and the bone fragments, he flies upward through the water and bursts forth in a spray of water.

    The sparkling, small overseer catches his eye, but he arcs through the air to land near the giant carcass with the rest of his group.

    "Found this," Serafino says to them, dumping the knife from his Shapesand box onto the floor. "I haven't examined it yet. If any of you have some skills or magic to examine it, please feel free to do so while I get dressed."

    Serafino whispers a soft command and his Unseen Servants flew his clothes over to him. He slowly flies over to their overseer as the clothes are slipped on him.

    "I thought of a couple questions while I was down there," Serafino says as he holds up the old bone fragments for Death Fairy to see.

    "Does the dungeon keep the denizens fed somehow, or have aspiring adventurers been killed and consumed frequently? There was a considerable collection of bones down there, and they weren't all fresh. There wasn't much of any gear down there, which makes me think the bones aren't all from failed adventurers. Keeping the occupants of a dungeon fed suggests a pretty sophisticated system, not merely a supply of monstrosities appearing."
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-10-21 at 09:35 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Quote Originally Posted by Warmatt View Post
    Still, cooked fish was yummy and there was a lot of fish. He would look at the others, as he would continue to try and cook up kracken steaks.
    The attempt at cooking went so incredibly poorly that it produced only a squishy, half liquid substance that smells of acid and burned meat. It is likely a civilian who ate this would be severely injured.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomander View Post
    "I thought of a couple questions while I was down there," Serafino says as he holds up the old bone fragments for Death Fairy to see.

    "Does the dungeon keep the denizens fed somehow, or have aspiring adventurers been killed and consumed frequently? There was a considerable collection of bones down there, and they weren't all fresh. There wasn't much of any gear down there, which makes me think the bones aren't all from failed adventurers. Keeping the occupants of a dungeon fed suggests a pretty sophisticated system, not merely a supply of monstrosities appearing."
    The fairy sets down the rock beside him, but maintains a death like grip on it with one hand.

    "You should never trust anything you see in a dungeon," he shouts loudly. Tiny as he is, you would probably have had a hard time hearing him if he spoke normally with this wind. "Dungeons are sometimes incredibly crafty and deceptive. Some of them seem downright playful, in the worst possible ways. There is no doubt some kind of intelligence is involved with some of them. That said, remains of dead creatures are fairly common to find. Most of them are not 'real' - the most powerful magic in this world cannot resurrect those bones. I suspect that's what you found. Of the 80 or so adventurers who have been in this dungeon, only two died. Look, here is something you should know. Dungeons absorb almost anything that gets left behind. That means bodies, rope, treasure... If you find something of value in a dungeon, it's because the dungeon created it, or left it to lure someone back in. I've seen adamantine fullplate vanish in 15 minutes, and the body inside it too, but it left behind a little silver locket she had been wearing. Even if those had been real people down there, it could have eaten their equipment and left the bones behind. The bones look old because you found them in a monster lair."

    The little fairy pauses to get his breath back. Being within ten feet or so of him causes Serafino to feel an uncomfortable, burning sensation.
    Throw the dice high.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    With his rage ended and most of the blood dried up or blow off, Marambe sits down squarely in between Death Fairy and the origin of the wind, creating a shelter for the tiny observer. His voice booms over the wind.

    "Serafino? How long do you think this wind will last? We should probably keep moving if it's going to be much longer."

    Then gives a surprised look at everyone's reaction to Malog's cooking, before looking incredibly sad.
    The former gorilla doesn't say anything, but does try to sniff the air twice more - clearly in vain.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tsu-Tse is examining the Kraken carefully, turning over a fragment of shell in his hands.

    Hearing their hovering adjudicator's words, Tsu-Tse hurries over to where he left his backpack, and lifts it carefully off the ground. He gives a mournful look over at Serafino being pressed and dried, before slinging the backpack onto his wet body and dripping body. He tries to use the wand again, but it's clear he's far from expert, potentially wasting as many charges as he benefits from.

    Then he wanders over to look at the food. He says nothing, possibly wary of shouting over the wind. But he seems quite interested.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    examining the Kraken
    Appraise (1d20+4)[14]
    Craft Armoursmithing [rolll]1d20+19[/roll]

    Using the wand UMD (1d20+10)[24]
    UMD (1d20+10)[27]
    UMD (1d20+10)[13]
    UMD (1d20+10)[15]

    Examining the 'food' for use as some sort of chemical weapon Craft Alchemy (1d20+19)[30]


    HP = 61

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino looks at the dwarf trying to work on the cut-rate wand and shakes his head. He pulls out his own wand of the same sort. It was used, like Tsu-Tse's wand, but he'd made sure to find a quality used wand.

    "Tsu-Tse! Here!"

    He points the wand at the dwarf, twists, slides, gestures, and voila! Lesser Vigor! Magic was generally much easier here on this world. Maybe it was from its newness here.

    He looks at the bones and taps them. "Huh. Very interesting. The dungeon is generating not just creatures, but also the appearance of past events that never actually happened. Very interesting indeed."

    Spoiler: Casting the wand
    Show
    UMD on own wand of Lesser Vigor: (1d20+24)[43]

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino shakes his head.

    "But as interesting as that is, I suggest we continue on, and get out of this drek. It doesn't show signs of abating any time soon. Shall we continue on? I can provide a little help to anyone trying to get through this wind."

    Serafino orders his unseen servants to provide any support they can to people working their way around the lake - a light push to help someone keep their footing, a tug at cloth that might be flapping in their face. Some well-time telekinesis can help support people as well.

    If no one else is examining the dagger, Serafino will tuck it into his backpack for later examination.

    If needed, Tsu-Tse will also get some more zaps with the wand. Keep on the good side of people.

    Spoiler: Unseen Servants and TK
    Show
    Unseen Servant might be able to Aid Another for a simple task? Maybe?

    The TK can provide 300 lbs of support. That should help, for sure.
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-10-22 at 10:12 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Malog would smile, as the lower part of his helmet would for a moment pop, melting into blood and bile and vomit, running and sliding down his and face like a wave of sludge until it was seemingly absorbed into his armor. His jaw and teeth, from what could be seen, was that of a corpse that had been left for several months to rot and decay in a summer swamp after it was half digested, teeth black and gleaming with red veins and no gums. His tongue has gouges and rips in it, the entire thing a deep brown with blacks and greens almost randomly mixed in.

    Still, those rotten teeth would take a bite, before he would give a little coo of happiness. "Gummy fish is tasty fish! Just been gold fish, snack that smiles back!" Still, he would be eating with a great deal of enthusasium, even as he would reach for another chunk of squid.

    "Friends want gummy fish?" His tone is cheerful and delighted, even as he would be proceeding to cook more, obviously poorly, but with great joy and eagerness.

    Spoiler: Malog keeps cooking till they have to go
    Show

    If nothing comes up, will make a steak for everyone
    Cooking 1; (1d20-5)[8]
    Cooking 2; (1d20-5)[15]
    Cooking 3; (1d20-5)[5]
    Cooking 4; (1d20-5)[6]
    Cooking 5; (1d20-5)[-3]
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tzu-Tse nods, smiles, and dips a jagged shard of broken glass into the offered food. He then carefully wraps it in a handkerchief, and stows it away, before thoroughly washing his hands in the lake.

    The dagger certainly draws his interest, particularly since it seems sized for him more than for Malog. He gives it a curiously intent examination, as if it were trying to deceive him in some way.

    While doing so, he pulls out his own wands, the one he had earlier, and a larger one, that seems to be made out of thick strands of coarse hair or fibres, heavily lacquered to a high shine, and with the word symbols for 'enchantment and 'friendship' etched down one side, with a sigil of equivalence between them. The bottom half of the wand is broad and flat, inscribed on each side with what looks like a heavily stylised horse. The tiny carvings or several stars and hearts appear to be dotted around, seemingly at random. While perfectly useable by humanoids, this wand is clearly not designed to be held by something with hands and fingers.

    Visibly embarrassed, he holds up one finger with the horse wand, and four fingers with the bargain wand, and then points at himself.

    He still says nothing, apparently reluctant to shout over the wind.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    hp=83

    Examining the dagger
    Craft Weaponsmithing (1d20+13)[32]
    Craft Metalworking (1d20+19)[22]

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino has eaten a few things in his life that he would rather not think about.

    Technically, as an undead, he knows he is immunue to almost any and every poison.

    One of the steaks managed to come out relatively unscathed since Malog had forgotten to 'cook' it.

    His stomach still threatens to revolt at the thought of eating the stuff.

    "Thanks for the cooking, chummer, but undead being and all that, and, oh! Hey, Tsu-Tse! Can I please help you with that wand? And then we really need to hurry on. Oh, and I can tap you again for a bit more healing to top you up. Sorry, no time for me to try your cooking, Malog."

    Spoiler: UMD on wand
    Show
    UMD on wands: (1d20+24)[44]
    edit: Really? A nat-20 on a wand activation I could pass on a 1?
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-10-22 at 03:35 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Nodding at the Vampire's suggestion that they should move on, Marambe asks "Does anybody need a lift to the other side? I'm going to climb."

    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show

    Marambe beats the fort save for the wind on a 1.
    Climb check with aid from Serafino's unseen servant is 29 if I take 10.
    Would like to climb to the other side. Will wait a few seconds for people to hop on and grab hold.
    Last edited by Tyrann; 2019-10-22 at 07:43 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •