The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 279
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tsu-Tse climbs on board, seemingly quite content to ride gorilla-back.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Spoiler: Examining the dagger
    Show
    It's clearly masterwork. It looks flawless. All that won't do much for price if it's not magical of course, but as an example of worksmanship it's... suspicious. Did a mortal smith really make this? There are no cosmetic defects at all from the smithing. The blade is silver, while the handle is adamantine.


    The party makes it over or across the water, Death Fairy in tow. The corridor on the other side looks much like the one behind you. The unnatural wind continues for some distance, but eventually the tunnel makes a sharp turn, and the magical effect seems to end there. After much twisting and turning the tunnel begins to narrow - not a problem for anyone else, but Marambe soon cannot avoid touching both walls at once, and he has to squeeze through. Eventually you get to a point where you can see faint light ahead, but the tunnel also gets even more narrow here. Marambe is incredibly strong, and could perhaps break off enough stone to allow him to pass further, but that would make a lot of noise. The tunnel is rough and bends often and suddenly - from here you can't see what's ahead or what's emitting the light.
    Throw the dice high.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    "If you guys want to work on getting Marambe through without collapsing the tunnel, I'll scan ahead to see what's ahead and then I'll be right back."

    He looks at the fit and winces.

    "Here," he hands them his adamantine dagger. "That can help cut through the rocks. Take care of that, though. I'm rather fond of it."

    With that, Serafino rises up a few inches from the ground and slowly drifts forward, checking for traps along the way and giving people time to cut and remove rock. As soon as he gets close enough for his 100' radius Mindsight to sense the room ahead, he pauses to make sure no one is waiting right at the entrance. If no one is there he is just going to take a peak around the corner to see what he can see, and then return to the group to report.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Perception for traps: (1d20+33)[51]
    Stealth while moving along tunnel: (1d20+34)[47]

    Stealth while approaching tunnel bend (if needed): (1d20+34)[43]
    Perception looking into room: (1d20+33)[40]

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Malog would grin, as his acid nimbus would flare, and he would begin punching the walls, trying to melt and dissolve them to allow the shiny guy room to get by.
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tsu-Tse smoothly intecepts the sliver bladed dagger before it can be used as an impromptu chisel.

    Silver blade, might get damaged. Let's keep the resale value intact, eh?

    It's fine work, or at least, it would be if anyone had ever worked this blade. But it looks like it was just... formed.
    he glances around the rock walls with a speculative air, and then pays close attention as Malog starts attacking the walls. Does the fresh rock revealed contain any interesting ores? Geologically, it doesn't seem like the right place, but then geologically, manufactured cutlery items aren't found untarnished in deep pools.

    You don't need a pick, he said. You're going down a dungeon, not a mine, he said. He mutters to himself. After watching the fumes building up, he gives an apologetic nod and then ducks into the tunnel, going about ten feet along, waiting for Serafino's return.

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Marambe observes quietly.

    Malog's way of breaking down the stone may be a lot slower than his own, and it may not be the smartest thing to do to be so loud when the Vampire was still scouting. But it was probably meant well.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino is a master of stealth and recognizance. It doesn't take him long to discover that there are indeed traps ahead of them. Not mounted crossbows or trip wires either, but pressure plates on both the floor and the walls. There are no slits through which arrows might fly out, but there are drilled holes in the ceiling that have been carefully covered over. If the pressure plates are pressed, something will come down from the ceiling. Possibly the ceiling.

    As he ventures toward the faint light he reaches a point where he can sense two minds. Three sentient creatures - two who shine a little bit brighter than the average person on the surface, and one considerably less commonplace. The three appear to be standing clustered about five feet apart. With exceptional care he peers around the corner while avoiding touching the pressure plates that are placed just on the corner of the wall. There are two torches burning by a door. The two humanoid minds are on the other side of the door.

    The third mind is the door.

    The tunnel widens up just in front of the door, then narrows again and continues off into the darkness.

    Spoiler: Mindsight
    Show
    Two Humanoids with Int 12 and 20 on the other side of the door.
    The door is an aberration with an Intelligence of 16.


    There is an INCREDIBLY loud noise from back where Serafino left the party. The two humanoid minds stir in place, then one of them presses up against the door. They both back away a few feet, but do not immediately. The noise is ongoing.
    Throw the dice high.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino winces at the noise, but when there is no sudden reaction, he relaxes. He takes careful note of each pressure plate and returns back the way he came to the others.

    He quickly relates the basics of what he has seen, including the pressure plates, intelligent door creature, and the two beings Beyond the Door.

    He collects back his knife and looks to the others.

    "How do you guys want to handle this?"
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-10-25 at 01:16 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    The small dwarf thinks for a moment.

    So. Most likely is some kind of door-imitating creature, a spellcaster and their bodyguard. This being a dungeon. We go to the corridor, throw rocks at the door until it dies, or the people inside come out. Doors not being great at dodging, and people generally not staying behind elaborate defences if they were equally effective coming out.

    But, it could be a riddle door and some wise enpeecees, there to deliver wisdom to those who wish to proceed into that which lies beyond, in the form of cryptic clues or random prophecies. Or a princess held in durance vile, with her maid. Or a shop. Not that that really makes sense, but then we just fought a 40' wide Kraken in a chamber who's only entrance is a tunnel Marambe can't fit through, so clearly we're not in one of those dungeons with a lovingly crafted backstory.
    He sounds a little offended, as if he takes the bizarre nature of this place as some kind of personal insult.

    Or it's a parody piece, but no, scratch that. No kittens He sighs, and looks back at the gradual hammering at the wall.

    While we're on that, can I hold onto to that dagger you found? I think I can make use of it... if door really is made of wood. Just in case that door counts as an object. Was it wood or metal? I'd borrow your own knife too, but I assume you want to keep that?

    He gets to his feet.

    So, assuming we need to talk to the door, how about I sneak up, while you talk to it? If we decide it is hostile, retreat and shoot. If it opens and is hostile, I dash through and try and immobilise someone in the room, you deal with the other one, and Marambe and Molog take things from the front.
    Last edited by Togo; 2019-10-25 at 06:48 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    "Sure," Serafino says when Tsu-Tse asks for the knife discovered with the kraken. He offers it to Tsu-Tse, holding it out with a Shapesand holder. "I'll keep my knife, though. Sentimental."

    "The beings beyond the door are expecting us now. If the kraken is a guide, they will attack at first chance. I have my doubts that the door-creature is a riddle game. With beings waiting beyond it, it seems more like a classic ambush than a tricky riddle.

    "That's just my guess, though. If you want to talk with the door-creature, feel free, but I'll stay behind you if you do."

    Serafino looks at the wall widening project.

    "How about I go take care of the traps? That will help make things easier for everyone once we do get past. No accidental triggering."

    Serafino walks up the way an then uses his telekinesis to press down on the pressure plates while as far as away as he can be. No sense in being subtle, now. Just trigger them and progress.

    The dungeon here isn't the real goal. The real goal is to present an amazing report to judges.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    With a quiet click one of the pressure plates is triggered. There is an incredibly loud explosion inside the ceiling, and the tunnel collapses.

    Serafino stood far enough back that he is able to escape being trapped by the mountain of rock that crashes down into the floor. However, even the sonic boom spreading out from the explosion is incredibly loud - many times louder than the expansion of the path to help Marambe press through. Serafino's ears shut down from the extreme shock of the noise, however he was able to cover his ears enough to prevent permanent injury. For a little while all he hears is a high pitched note, but slowly his hearing returns.

    Of greater concern perhaps is that A) the tunnel ahead of you consists entirely of rubble. It's not solid wall, but there are literally tons of rock in your way, and B) The dust has gotten everywhere.

    With so much rock in the way, Serafino can no longer sense the three minds ahead of you.
    Throw the dice high.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    "Well. Drek."

    Serafino turns around and walks back to the others.

    "Um. Sorry. I thought, that, like, um, I thought they were all arrow traps. And, um, I set them off remotely. Um. Well, drek. They weren't all arrow traps. I guess that's sort of obvious, I guess."

    He ineffectually slaps at his dust-covered clothes.

    "Um," he gestures back toward where he had been. "I guess I'll go, um, you know, uh, clear out the mess."
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-10-25 at 07:43 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Marambe shrugs, moves forward, and begins pounding away at the rubble.

    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show

    A 5' square wall of stone has 15 hp per inch.
    That means a 5' square has 60 inches * 15 hp = 900 hp.
    Stone has a hardness of 8, but Marambe's fists are adamantium so that's negated.

    If doing a full attack at full power attack, Marambe deals:
    2 * 2d8+20
    2 * 2d8+14
    2 * 1d8+14

    For an average of 141 damage per round.

    That means he can completely destroy a 5' square of solid stone wall in just over 36 seconds.
    This is rubble, so it's probably a bit faster. But the idea is to pound everything to the point that Serafino's telekinesis can easily carry it away in separate chunks.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Malog would be moving alongside the shiny, and he would be pounding fists of acid to melt rock and dig his way forward... even if he did not like it too much. Deep in the dark, deep where the light never trod, old things sleep...
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Seraphino cringes to see people working to fix a mistake he caused, but swallows his pride to accomplish the fix in the most efficient way possible. He looks at the two powerful, armored beings pounding away at the fallen rock.

    "Ok," he mumbles. "As the tunnel went in that direction ... there was an outcropping about five feet further up that way, a little curve past that, the only places the explosions could have been placed were about .... there."

    His eyes close in concentration as his mind whirls.

    "Ok, got it. Marambe, keep going ahead about ten feet, then angle eight degrees to your right and then straight ahead. Malog, use your acid especially along the sides like that. Perfect. Let me start pulling the loosened gravel back out of your ways with a touch of TK .... perfect, that should keep your feet clear too."

    He pulls out both piles of Shapesand and makes two large blades like a bulldozers and begins to slide rubble back up the tunnel, pushing tons of gravel at a time with undead strength. The other blade he hands off.

    "At this rate, it shouldn't take more than a minute or two."

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    The party works fast. More rubble does come tumbling down as rocks are crushed and removed, but as the ceiling above them is not at risk, they can use that ridiculous strength to work fast indeed.

    Before long you have cleared the way enough to get past the area of the cave in. The door Serafino saw while scouting has vanished, and the torch on the wall closest to the cave in has been extinguished by the dust and shock wave. This then leaves a fork - where the door stood before is a man-made looking corridor with clean angles and smooth stone, going up at a 20 degree slope.

    As before, the corridor outside the vanished door also continues off into the darkness. As you venture closer to the where the door used to be, Serafino will notice that the pressure plates that caused such an explosion can be found in this corridor as well. Only the space just outside the door was clear of the traps.
    Throw the dice high.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino glares at the rough hallway and its traps.

    "More traps that way. I can do my best to disarm them as we go. No assumptions that they're all just arrow and spear traps, this time. But ...."

    He grunts in disgust.

    "I'm all for taking the doorway with the smooth walking at the moment. Unless one of you has a feeling for the other way leading to the dungeon core, I'm leaning toward the hall with the smooth stones. That way used to have creatures guarding it. Tsu-Tse? Malog? Marambe? Thoughts?"

    Serafino looks at the doorway, frowning suddenly, and then turns to Death Fairy.

    "Another question: how aware is the dungeon of things happening inside it? If it can sense major events, such as a whole bunch of traps going off in a giant explosion, might it think we are dead? Or does it have a pretty detailed and complete sense of things happening inside, and so it knows perfectly well that we're still alive and fine?"

    Serafino slaps at his dusty clothing.

    "Alive, fine, and filthy," he grumbles under his breath.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Marambe nods and turns to start down the man-made smooth stone tunnel.

    "Do you want to scout ahead, or should I take point?"

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tsu-Tse creeps steadily forward, his small figure silent against the smooth stone.

    He pauses, listening, and waiting for anyone to join him, before heading up the ramp. There's a sudden soft flutter, and then he's gone, only a tiny black feather left behind

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Go a little way up the ramp, pause to see if anyone else is going to join me, or would prefer to go first, then, head upwards in the form of Raven.

    Stealth (1d20+21)[38]

    Perception (1d20+14)[16]

    Darkvision 60', low light vision

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Death Fairy shrugs. "Nobody really knows. There is considerable disagreement on how 'aware' dungeons are. Personally I would never assume I had fooled a dungeon. Individual creatures, sure, but you never want to be overconfident. Turn invisible and hide in a dark empty corner and an hour or two later don't be surprised if a monster comes feeling around in your hiding place without quite knowing why. I've never known a dungeon to respond in real time, however. It's not moving chess pieces or puppets. The guards who were here will have reacted however they would outside a dungeon, and they certainly know the power of the trap. Of course, they may also know you got past the Kraken, one way or another."
    Throw the dice high.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    "That works," Serafino says to Death Fairy. "Truly bizarre."

    He looks at the others. "Smooth hallway it is, then. I'll go with Tsu-Tse to check for more traps as we go. Cross fingers that the dungeon doesn't go trap-happy on us."

    Lifting off from the ground, Serafino floats ahead to where Tsu-Tse's small bird form is flapping.

    "I like the principal of staying off the ground while scouting. In my world we had lots of electric eye beams and movement sensors that weren't relying on physical pressure on the ground, though. From what I know of the magic of this world, I think those sorts of security are possible to be done with magic. I have a wand of magical detection that will last for a minute as long as you concentrate. I imagine you could fly up the hallway with that detection in effect and check for magical traps, and I could follow along checking for physical traps."

    Serafino pulls out the eternal wand of Detect Magic and touches it to Tsu-Tse's feathered form.

    "Let's find what's at the other end of this sucker."

    Spoiler: Actions & Rolls
    Show
    Detect Magic CL 1 on Tsu-Tse if you're amenable to this division of labor.

    Then floats along, checking for traps as I progress up the smooth, stone hallway.

    Stealth: (1d20+34)[47]
    Perception: (1d20+33)[51]

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Malog follows along, cloud of acid radiating out from him and scoring the stone slightly, as he hums a little, hus thoughts, such as they are, fairly simple, as he reaches for another kracken steak, and munches.
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Marambe follows along with Malog, an appropriately safe distance behind the two that are scouting for traps.

    "With this acid you make.. have you ever accidentally burned yourself through a floor by standing still for too long?"

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Malog would take the time to ponder this, to weigh his though and process it with all the mental power and diligence he could, as he hummed the Hockey Night in Canada song. "I no know. I've gone down before, but usually when I want dig hole." He would seem thoughtful. "Won staring contest with zombie once."
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino and Tsu-Tse slowly and carefully make their way up the corridor, checking any traps or hidden passages along the way. It's pretty obvious this corridor is entirely artificial, after all. At first they find no trace of magic, nor any hint of any mundane traps. Then-

    Suddenly one of the three creatures from before flicker into Serafino's awareness, the Aberration is just up ahead! It is beyond the range of his darkvision, but he knows where it is.

    An instant later a magical coating covers the floor, walls and ceiling around the scouts and in several other spots along the corridor. Serafino and Tsu-Tse, being airborne, are unaffected, however one of the spots appear around Malog far behind the scouts, and he slips and falls.

    The same instant a green ray flies toward Serafino.
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Avada Kedavra Disintegrate
    Ranged touch to hit with the ray (1d20)[17]
    If hit, Serafino's Fortitude save: (1d20+15)[17] Assuming, from your sheet
    On a failed save, spell deals (24d6)[82]
    On a successful save, spell deals (5d6)[15]

    Then the presence of the Aberration's mind vanishes as quickly as it appeared.


    Initiative:
    Serafino: (1d20+12)[29]
    Tsu-Tse: (1d20+3)[5]
    Malog: (1d20+4)[23]
    Marambe: (1d20+6)[21]

    Aberration: (1d20+6)[25]
    ???: (1d20+10)[22]
    ???: (1d20+8)[15]

    As before, we are using block initiative. Naturally, with multiple enemies there will be more blocks.


    Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show
    A B B D E F G H I J K L M N O
    1 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    2 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    3 W W W W W W M M W W W W W W W
    4 W W W W W W M M W W W W W W W
    5 W W W W W W S, G G W W W W W W W
    6 W W W W W W G G W W W W W W W
    7 W W W W W W G G W W W W W W W
    8 W W W W W W G G W W W W W W W
    9 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    10 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    11 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    12 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    13 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    14 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    15 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    16 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    17 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    18 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    19 W W W W W W Ma Ma W W W W W W W
    20 W W W W W W Ma Ma W W W W W W W
    21 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    22 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    23 W W W W W W G G W W W W W W W
    24 W W W W W W G TT, G W W W W W W W
    25 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    26 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    27 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    28 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    29 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    30 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    31 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    32 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    33 W W W W W W G M, G W W W W W W W
    34 W W W W W W G G W W W W W W W
    W = Walls.
    M = Malog.
    Ma = Marambe.
    TT = Tsu-Tze.
    S = Serafino.
    G = Area covered in magical grease and incredibly slippery.
    M - Aberration, Int 16.
    W = Drow, Int 20.
    S = Drow, Int 12.


    These guys mean business. You do not see them. M is marked out on the map where Serafino briefly sensed it, but he no longer does so.

    Marambe is just outside the map, and can move into it freely from below.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-10-31 at 06:36 PM.
    Throw the dice high.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    A quick glow of green was all the warning Serafino got before the beam hit his chest. But instead of vaporizing flesh, the massive amount of life force he had drained during his fight with the kraken intercepted the damage. The life force flowed into the spot where the beam was hitting him and was annihilated, leaving Serafino unharmed.

    'That would have hurt,' Serafino thought. 'Drek. I would have preferred to keep this secret longer, but even more than that I don't want to be shouting around here.'

    Serafino activates his telepathic abilities to call to the minds of his group.

    "Serafino here. Yes, I have minor talking with my mind abilities. Discuss later. A strange creature ahead just fired a nasty, magic beam at me and coated the area with slippery slime. I think it can do some minor teleportation, too. There are also two Drow ahead somewhere. I'm flying ahead toward it to try to occupy them. Try to close quickly!"

    Serafino charges ahead at his top flight speed to attack and occupy the creature while the rest of the party closes in. He just needs to keep it occupied for a few seconds before the rest of them would arrive to kill their attackers.

    He streaks through the air in a blur and pounds into the large aberration, unleashing negative energy into and draining its vitality.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Telepathy Talking: free action.
    Charge: double movement speed covers 100'.
    Attack with Inspiration Point: (1d20+26)[30]
    Damage: (1d6+8)[14] + 3 negative levels + 39 negative energy damage.
    Serafino absorbs 54 temp hp.

    edit: This is assuming he actually hits. While Serafino can sense where the creature is, it is invisible and Serafino can't see invisible. He has a 50% miss chance because he's just attacking into the square where he can sense it.
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-10-31 at 12:15 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Marambe looks concerned when Seraphino gets hit by the green ray. Then, looks a little surprised but also relieved when he hears the vampire talking telepathically, un-alive and well.

    With a silent nod, he begins (not so silently) to charge forward. The walls rumble a bit as he leaps over the greasy surfaces, torch in his left hand.

    Spoiler: mechanics
    Show

    Double move up the hallway, which would put Marambe in G19-H20. He passes the jump checks on a 1, assuming the ceiling height allows for a horizontal jump.
    Last edited by Tyrann; 2019-10-31 at 12:53 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    As Serafino charges, he reaches the point where he sensed the Aberration. He tries to attack where the creature appeared - but finds his attack stopped hard. Something invisible? Illusion on a wall?
    Throw the dice high.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    As he slipped, Malog would try and rise, try and get up, before he would try and move forward once more. There was the faintest spark of annoyance in what passed for a mind.
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show
    A B B D E F G H I J K L M N O
    1 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    2 W W W W W W S W W W W W W W W
    3 W W W W W W M M W W W W W W W
    4 W W W W W W M M W W W W W W W
    5 W W W W W W S, G G W W W W W W W
    6 W W W W W W G, W G, W W W W W W W W
    7 W W W W W W G, W G, W W W W W W W W
    8 W W W W W W G, W G, W W W W W W W W
    9 W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    10 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    11 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    12 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    13 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    14 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    15 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    16 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    17 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    18 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    19 W W W W W W Ma Ma W W W W W W W
    20 W W W W W W Ma Ma W W W W W W W
    21 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    22 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    23 W W W W W W G G W W W W W W W
    24 W W W W W W G TT, G W W W W W W W
    25 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    26 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    27 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    28 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    29 W W W W W W M W W W W W W W
    30 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    31 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    32 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    33 W W W W W W G G W W W W W W W
    34 W W W W W W G G W W W W W W W
    W = Walls.
    M = Malog.
    Ma = Marambe.
    TT = Tsu-Tze.
    S = Serafino.
    G = Area covered in magical grease and incredibly slippery.
    M - Aberration, Int 16.
    W = Drow, Int 20.
    S = Drow, Int 12.


    There is a faint sound of metal scraping against stone, and Serafino can sense the Aberration again, exactly where it was last time. That is, right next to him. He can also sense the two Drow elves. He cannot, however, see any of them - they must be invisible.

    The aberration appears to move in place, and the two elves unleash new spells.

    First a second green ray shoots for Serafino.
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Ranged touch attack: (1d20)[8]
    Serafino's Fort save: (1d20+15)[28]
    Damage on failed save: (24d6)[100]
    Damage on successful save: (5d6)[17]


    The next instant, with an audible rumbling a stone wall appears behind Serafino, separating him from his allies - and from retreat.

    The aberration moves in place - and Serafino can no longer feel their presences.
    Throw the dice high.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •