New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

He would begin to run, as he would move towards the wall, towards the fight. He needed to get there, and he would fight, he would slay, he would get whoever greased him and slam him against the walls! Still, as he charged forward, he would leap over the patch of grease, even as he would do his best to run as close to the wall as he could.

Spoiler: Movement
    Show

Will be taking a double Run action and using Jump to leap over the grease, but will do my best to get to the wall as quickly as I can
    [roll]1d20+8/roll]
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Serafino growls as the second green lance of destructive energy hits him. It didn't hurt him, thanks to his abundance of life energy, but it was annoying.

On the plus side - the 'wall' in front of him must be an illusion of some sort if the beings were shooting spells right through it. That, or there was an illusion plus a moving wall, attack slots, or something along those lines. He looked around himself for signs of illusions.

"All three of the creatures seem to have retreated, or at least hidden from my senses," Serafino sends to the others, telepathically. "They hit me with a few green, destructive beams, but they didn't really hurt me. Destroy the walls and regroup."

Serafino decides he needs a few more scouts to help him. Something funky was going on here. He summons his rats to his side and telepathically calls for his bats to come as soon as the windstorm abates back at the kraken's lake. Then, he takes his Adamantine knife and slashes hard at the wall behind him. Get the group together again, and also test for illusions.

He also prepared himself to dodge any sneak attacks this time.

Spoiler: Actions & Rolls
    Show
    Will Save vs Illusions: (1d20+29)[35]
    Summoning Rats: Summon (4d8)[30] Dire Rats. They arrive in (2d6)[6] rounds.
    Damage the wall between me and the rest of the team: (1d6+9)[10]
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-10-31 at 09:41 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

The raven soars through the air, faster and faster. Rather than coming into land, though, gracefully backwinging it's way to standstill, it merely turns back into Tsu-Tse in mid air. The dwarf sails through the air in an arc, coming in for a rather nasty landing. But rather simply crash, he gets his feet under him and draws his momentum into a mighty leap, landing softly and neatly by the wall, a thick metallic wand in one hand. He runs the other hand over the wall, trying to work out what it is made of.

What's this? A wall? What daft beggar put this here?

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move action to fly 60', swift action to jump 10' in addition to movement, using the extreme jump skill trick. At some point during that process, spend a standard action to turn back into a dwarf. Draw my eternal wand while I'm moving.

Can I tell what the spell was that caused this wall?
    Spellcraft (1d20+4)[13]
    Know Arcana (1d20+5)[13]

Can I tell the wall isn't real? Does it feel like real rock? I have some limited expertise here...
    Craft stonework (untrained) (1d20+12)[29]
    Knowledge Achitecture & engineering (1d20+5)[25]

Does the fact I still have detect magic up, help me at all?
    Can I hear a suspicious amount through what it supposedly 20foot of stone?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Marambe looks enraged at the suddenly appeared wall, but then notices the smaller Tsu-Tse, and cloud of rock-melting acid behind him.

Forming an idea, he charges at the wall and begins to punch a hole in the exact middle of it, just large enough for a small dwarf to fit through..

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

Free: power attack for full (6)
    Full round: Charge

- Move to G10-H11

- Attacks into the wall at the exact middle. (Reason being we might want to make optimal use of Malog's acid nimbus later).
    The idea is to create a hole 1/16th the size of a 5' square, for TT to squeeze through.
    A 5' block of stone has 900 HP, so forming this improvised tunnel would need 56.25 damage per block.
    Marambe's fists are adamantine so ignore DR. No off hand attacks because he's still holding the torch. My kingdom for a light cantrip..

Main hand 1 - (1d20+14)[22]
    Damage - (2d8+20)[22]+Powerful charge - (2d6)[5]
    Main hand 2 - (1d20+9)[16]
    Damage - (2d8+14)[25]+Powerful charge - (2d6)[6]
    Slam 1 - (1d20+8)[18]
    Damage - (1d8+14)[15]+Powerful charge - (2d6)[2]
    Slam 2 - (1d20+8)[12]
    Damage - (1d8+14)[15]+Powerful charge - (2d6)[7]

Edit: for a total of 97 damage vs the wall, meaning 15.5 damage left until 2 squares of tunnel are fully cleared for TT.
    Last edited by Tyrann; 2019-11-01 at 11:49 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95

Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show
    A B B D E F G H I J K L M N O
    1 W W W W W W m m W W W W W W W
    2 W W W W W W S, m W, m W W W W W W W
    3 W W W W W W M, m M, m W W W W W W W
    4 W W W W W W M, m M, m W W W W W W W
    5 W W W W W W S, G, m G, m W W W W W W W
    6 W W W W W W G, W G, W W W W W W W W
    7 W W W W W W G, W G, W W W W W W W W
    8 W W W W W W G, W G, W W W W W W W W
    9 W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    10 W W W W W W Ma Ma, TT W W W W W W W
    11 W W W W W W Ma Ma W W W W W W W
    12 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    13 W W W W W W M W W W W W W W
    14 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    15 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    16 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    17 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    18 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    19 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    20 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    21 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    22 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    23 W W W W W W G G W W W W W W W
    24 W W W W W W G G W W W W W W W
    25 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    26 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    27 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    28 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    29 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    30 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    31 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    32 W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    33 W W W W W W G G W W W W W W W
    34 W W W W W W G G W W W W W W W
    W = Walls.
    M = Malog.
    Ma = Marambe.
    TT = Tsu-Tze.
    S = Serafino.
    G = Area covered in magical grease and incredibly slippery.
    m = Area covered in faint mist
    M - Aberration, Int 16.
    W = Drow, Int 20.
    S = Drow, Int 12.

With some quick thinking and an almost suspicious degree of coordination, the party begins the process of punching a hole through the wall with surgical precision. Where does the gravel go? It's a mystery.

Meanwhile, on Serafino's side of the wall, a familiar scraping sound of metal on stone, and then-

Serafino can feel the three minds reappear. Two voices speak incantations-

A thin mist descends on the tunnel - from the wall behind Serafino and some 40 feet out, beyond where the invisible 'wall' should be. The mist is not thick enough to obscure vision, but with it comes a supernatural, biting cold.
    Spoiler: DOOM
    Show
    It seems to have no effect on Serafino.

And a green ray. It's the one on the left. It's always that one with the ray. Three times now.
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Here we go again.
    Ranged touch attack: (1d20)[8]
    Serafino's Fort save: (1d20+15)[23]
    Damage on a failed save: (24d6)[95]
    Damage on a successful save: (5d6)[10]

The three presences vanish.

Tsu-Tse, Serafino, Malog, you three may act in any order.
    Throw the dice high.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Marambe makes one final punch into the neatly excavated dwarf-tunnel (obviously punching the gravel so hard it just disappears into nothingness)

"This is as far as I can reach."

He holds out a hand for Tsu-Tze, offering to pick him up and put him inside the hole so he can dig the last bit for himself.

Show

Full round: full attack
    Main hand 1 - (1d20+17)[36]
    damage - (2d8+14)[24]

Need 16 damage, which this roll should get on snake eyes.
    After that, the first 2 blocks are clear for TT.
    With iterative, pick TT up and place him in the second cleared block of the tunnel, so that he can full attack the third block.

No other attacks for now, because I don't want to accidentally crush our tunneler.
    Last edited by Tyrann; 2019-11-01 at 09:10 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97

The frakkin' green beam nails Serafino right in the face this time, once again coming through the wall. He growled and shook his head in irritation as more of his accumulated life force was spent, protecting him from the beam's damaging effects.

"Ok, that's getting annoying," he says out loud.

He readies himself for as soon as the minds appear again. He is going to dominate the mind of that blasted green beam caster as soon as he appears again. As long as they can hear or see him, as soon as they appear and that scraping sound happens, he's going to use his Supernatural ability to dominate the mind of the one that keeps blasting him with the green ray. He'll tell it to stop and come to himself.

Serafino gives his teammates an update via his telepathy. He can sense them behind him, coming closer.

"Guys, they cast a freezing fog spell of some sort. It's not hurting me, but be ready if you come through. They're also doing some sort of teleport trick to teleport in and hit me with spell and then teleport back out. At least that's what I think they're doing. I'm fine so far."

Serafino is waiting for the aberration and the drow to appear again, and presses a hand against the drekking wall in front of him, giving it just a quick touch and look to try to figure out what's going on.

Spoiler: Actions, Prep, and rolls
    Show
    Readying an action for when they arrive. It's his Dominate Person. It's going to try to hit the drow with the higher intelligence the moment it appears, before it can act. It is DC 26 to resist. Orders are for it to stop casting and stay where it's at.

Perception to touch and look at the wall that's letting the enemies' spells through. Only do this if it doesn't get in the way of my readied action: (1d20+36)[55] (using an IP to add +3 to that check - included here)
    Effects of high Spot (Perception) checks:
    DC Task
    20 Notice presence of active invisible creature
    30 Notice presence of unmoving, living invisible creature
    40 Notice presence of inanimate invisible object
    40 Notice presence of unmoving, unliving invisible creature

Last edited by Anomander; 2019-11-01 at 11:00 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98

OldWizardGuy

Malog would punch the walls for great justice! He thinks, he is not sure what justice is, or why one would need great amounts of it to go with punches. Maybe its something to add to fruit punch? Still, he would move to the wall and begin to punch.

Spoiler: Attacking the wall!
    Show

5ft step to get to the wall, and then?
    Malog attacks the wall with a punch!
    (1d20+13)[17]
    Damage; (1d4+7)[9] plus (3d6)[10] Acid

Second punch full attack!
    (1d20+8)[14]
    Damage; (1d4+7)[8] plus (3d6)[3] Acid
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Tsu-Tse seems quite at home in a small hole, tunneling through rock. He has the knife they had fund earlier in one hand, but held backwards, using the hilt to strike the rock. In the other hand, a piece of rock. He knows where to find the cracks and attacks with blinding speed.

Show

Using the adamantine hilt of the knife we found as an adamantine improvised weapon, in the off-hand, a peice of rock.

Full attack, 5ft stepping foward to the next square as necessary. Full power attack (-/+7)

(1d20+12)[32] for (d6)[1] plus (1d8+21)[25] adamantine damage
    (1d20+12)[30] for (d6)[6] plus (1d8+21)[29] adamantine damage
    (1d20+7)[23] for (d6)[3] plus (1d8+21)[23] adamantine damage
    (1d20+12)[29] for (d6)[3] plus (1d8+21)[27] damage
    (1d20+7)[15] for (d6)[6] plus (1d8+21)[26] damage

If that's more attacks than I need to get through the wall, then just use the remaining attacks to throw rocks up the corridor, targeting empty squares if there are no visible targets. It's a small tunnel, and I'm likely to hit something just by throwing the rocks really hard straight up the tunnel Same rolls as above, but with +7 to hit and -7 to damage.

And then take a swift action to jump 10' out of the tunnel and up the corridor, because something very acidic is coming in behind me...

He squeezes from the small hole in the wall and pops out like a cork out of a bottle, backflipping to land next to Serafino, still holding a large chunk of rock.
    Last edited by Togo; 2019-11-02 at 08:08 AM.

10. - Top - End - #100

A new champion has arrived! Tsu-Tse joins the fray after some incredibly fast carving his way through the stone wall and lands next to Serafino.
    Show
    1 W W W W W W m, v m, v W W W W W W W
    2 W W W W W W S, m, v W, m, v W W W W W W W
    3 W W W W W W M, m, v M, m, v W W W W W W W
    4 W W W W W W M, m, v M, m, v W W W W W W W
    5 W W W W W W S, G, m, v TT, G, m, v W W W W W W W
    6 W W W W W W G, W G, W, v W W W W W W W
    7 W W W W W W G, W G, W, v W W W W W W W
    9 W W W W W W W W, v W W W W W W W
    10 W W W W W W v M, v W W W W W W W
    11 W W W W W W Ma, v Ma, v W W W W W W W
    12 W W W W W W Ma, v Ma, v W W W W W W W
    13 W W W W W W v v W W W W W W W
    14 W W W W W W v v W W W W W W W
    15 W W W W W W v v W W W W W W W
    16 W W W W W W v v W W W W W W W
    W = Walls.
    M = Malog.
    Ma = Marambe.
    TT = Tsu-Tze.
    S = Serafino.
    m = Area covered in faint mist.
    v = Area with translucent fish swimming through the walls biting at everything.
    M - Aberration, Int 16.
    W = Drow, Int 20.
    S = Drow, Int 12.

Spoiler: Grease
    Show
    It's the gift that keeps on giving.
    All PCs standing on the ground inside or partially inside an area of grease have to repeat the Reflex save every turn on the caster's initiative. How joyous.
    Reflex save for Tsu-Tse: (1d20+8)[15]
    Save DC is 17. If Tsu-Tse fails it he falls prone. Spell resistance does not apply. Standing back up is a Move action unless you have some ability that changes that.

There it is again, the telltale scraping sound of metal on stone, and Serafino once more senses the three creatures, and hears the two Drow speaking arcane incantations. This time he is prepared, however, and summoning the full force of his vampiric powers of domination he reaches out to crush the mind of the Drow who has been so persistent-

The Drow resists. It continues its incantation, and emits a shrill, piercing cry toward Serafino. A translucent lance of magical energy slams into the vampire lord.
    Spoiler: Spell
    Show

Spell strikes unerringly.
    Fort save for half: (1d20+27)[41], using an IP
    Unless that's a natural 1, he takes half damage out of: 1.5 times (10d8)[37]

The second drow follows up with a spell of his own. It's another area effect, and seems to cover everyone in the party, as well as your invisible opponents. What looks like a translucent school of carnivorous fish are swimming through the area, biting at all of you as they go.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Oh how nice of them. No damage this turn.
    Let me know if you have Spell Resistance please. I know Tsu-Tse has it.
    Casterlevel check to overcome Tsu-Tse's spell resistance: (1d20+12)[14]
    There is indeed one square in the center of the area of the spell where no fish swim.

The spell persists.

The three minds vanish from Serafino's senses once more.

All allies may act. Serafino's Initiative has dropped, but he still acts again before the enemies do.

Spoiler: Tsu-Tse
    Show
    You don't feel so good. This... mist. It seems be draining you and weighing you down. Casterlevel check to overcome spell resistance: (1d20+12)[13]
    If the enemy hits 16, you are Fatigued.
    Whether they hit 16 or not, you take (1d6)[2] Cold damage and gain one negative level.
    Throw the dice high.

11. - Top - End - #101

OldWizardGuy

Punching, he would bellow, as he would move forward, trying to chop and hack and melt his way through the way, pulling himself into the hole, before that fog of corrosive rot would surge forth from the cracks in his armor, seeking into the stone as he would try his best to be melting his way through.

Spoiler: Digging a Hole
    Show

So, 5ft step to lodge Malog into the crack. Standard action to activate Nimbus.

(3d6)[7] Acid damage for everything in 5ft of Malog, to be melting the walls!

12. - Top - End - #102

At least it wasn't that annoying green ray. That one would have been hurting if he hadn't absorbed so much life from the kraken earlier. He would have preferred to have captured one of the opponents for questioning, but since he seemed to be resistant to mental domination, it looked like he'd have to do it with a fist to the face.

"They're laying in heavily with the spells," Serafino thinks out loudly to the rest of the group. "They aren't bothering me much, but be careful since they might start hitting you all pretty hard once you get through."

Serafino nods at the dwarf who just arrived, and continues updating everyone via Telepathy.

"I think I have it figured out - they have a metal wall that slides out right in front of me, they cast spells when it opens and then it slides shut right away. There's an illusion of an empty hallway covering it. I'm preparing to act as soon as it opens. They might be invisible, too."

Serafino turns to Tsu-Tse.

"Their casters are in the back. I can telekinetically throw you right past where I sense them. Just turn around to face back this way and start attacking. They're there."

Serafino holds a hand to the metal wall and prepares an action to hurl the dwarf as soon as it opens. It was the second time he'd done this. Hopefully it was effective this time as well.
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-11-04 at 05:05 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

With the hole being the size it now is, Malog won't fit, Marambe realizes.

"One moment, please."

[SPOILER=Mechanics]

The hole we're trying to make is 1/4th the size of the block, so Malog can squeeze in.
    A 5' square of stone has 900 hp.
    So we need 900 / 4 = 225
    The first 56 damage has already been done for TT, so we now need 225 - 56 = 169 damage.

Other than doing straight damage, a wall can also be broken through with a (rather high DC) Str check.
    Breaking through a 1 ft. thick masonry wall [URL="https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Breaking_and_Entering" is a DC 35 Str check.[/URL] Sadly, I think the SRD miscalculated the hp for that, probably on purpose to give players an option even if they couldn't make the Str check.
    But if you do the math, 1/5th of 900 should be 180 damage on a successful check.

Marambe had +22 to break checks from str, size and class levels. So I need to roll a 13 or higher to get a 35 and increase the size of the tunnel to the point that Malog can fit in.
    Alternatively I could just punch but then I just barely won't make it this round.
    Fingers crossed.

Break check vs wall - (1d20+22)[41]

Edit: I love it when a plan comes together.[/SPOILER]

Meanwhile, Marambe looks a bit surprised by the sudden appearance of the translucent fish, but is reassured by Serafino's mental words. He sends back "[COLOR="#808080"]We won't get through for another minute. Hang on.[/COLOR]"

Edit 2: ok for some reason I can't get half the tags in this post to work. I've tried a few times but I give up. Sorry it looks a bit ugly.
    Last edited by Tyrann; 2019-11-04 at 04:44 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Valiantly Tsu-Tse falls over, as the eldrich cold settles deep into his bones. He tenses, feeling the familiar grip of Serafino's power. At least it wouldn't be a Kraken this time. At just the right moment, he will be sent hurtling forward to land somewhere near the spellcasters. Then it will a question of turn, and strike!

Show
    Delaying until after Serafino has hurled him.

Once he lands, if prone he will stand up. This is a free action that does not provoke.

Then he will turn to the square immediately downhill of him, and attack.

Miss chance a two hits [roll[d2[/roll] - Strike with adamantine improvised weapon (1d20+18)[36] for (d6)[5] plus (d8+14)[16] points of damage.
    Miss chance a two hits (d2)[1] - Strike with stunning fist head butt for (1d20+18)[21] for (d6+14)[19] magical damage plus a Fort save DC 18 or be stunned for one round
    Miss chance a two hits (d2)[2] - Grapple with a (1d20+18)[27] touch attack, and an opposed grapple check of (1d20+20)[32]
    Miss chance a two hits (d2)[1] - Grapple with a (1d20+13)[32] touch attack, and an opposed grapple check of (1d20+20)[39]
    Miss chance a two hits [roll[d2[/roll] - Strike with adamantine improvised weapon (1d20+13)[20] for (d6)[2] plus (d8+14)[22] points of damage.

If his target becomes non-viable, switch to the other square downhill of him, and keep attacking. If he runs out of targets, 5ft step to get more.

15. - Top - End - #105

The fish like maws bite and tear at everything in their path. The party (Except Tsu-Tse) takes (3d8)[21] Force damage.

There is the scraping sound of metal on stone, the 'wall' moves and the Drow-

See an angry dwarf come flying past them, twist around and start grabbing for one of them. The wizard smirks audibly as Tsu-Tse's first few attacks miss - and then finds himself gripped hard by the dwarf.

Spoiler: Undercommon
    Show
    "No!"
    the wizards shouts, then panicked speaks a desperate curse.

Spoiler: Spell
    Show
    Four invisible projectiles slam into Tsu-Tse, and vicious, destructive energy spreads through him. He feels his body grow rigid, and it becomes slower to respond to his will.

He takes (4d4)[12] Dexterity damage.

Tsu-Tse senses the invisible sorcerer try to touch him, and dulled though his reflexes are his monk training allows him to dodge what would undoubtedly have been another nasty attack.

There is a scraping sound - and though Serafino can see Tsu-Tse grappling an invisible opponent he cannot sense his mind, nor the minds of their three opponents.

The party may act, in any order.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Malog, let's say you deal acid damage to the stone in every square that surrounds you.

I didn't bother updating the battle map, but Tsu-Tse is now sharing a square with the wizard.
    Throw the dice high.

16. - Top - End - #106

Serafino looks back at the stone behind him with the greasy - whatever Malog was- jammed into the hole spewing out acid and poison, melting the rock around him in a cloud of fumes.

'Now there's a sight that would probably sell well on the trippy-hippy simsense market on Earth.'

"Tsu-Tse is through," Serafino telepathically sends to the others. "He's grappling one of them. They're invisible, and maybe this fracking sliding door is too. Get through and start getting all stuck in nice and proper as soon as you can. I'm joining in too. Remember that you're going to start getting hit with spell effects as soon as you get through."

Serafino lays a hand on the sliding door and prepares to tumble through to where he can sense the sorcerer as soon as it opens. He knew about where the drow was, but grabbing the person would be tough. Once he did, though, it would be lights out for the being.

Spoiler: Actions and rolls
    Show
    Serafino will be tumbling through to G2, flying in the air in the space above the Sorcerer.

Tumble to avoid AoOs is successful even with rolling a 1.

Inspiration Points will be spent if anything hits me.

If I can attack along with my readied movement, I'm going to be attempting to grapple the Sorcerer. Here's my attack and grapple rolls, just in case. (I don't think I can, but readied actions are fuzzy to me. I mean, I spend a Standard Action now to take an action later, that shifts my initiative order, so do I then take my turn at that point, letting me take that readied action along with my turn at the new point in initiative order? Does this even make sense?)
    Whatever. If I can attack along with taking my readied Move Action, here are the rolls:
    Touch Attack with IP spent: (1d20+24)[33]
    If successful, then 50% miss chance (high successful): (1d2)[2]
    If successful, then Grapple Check with IP spent: (1d20+21)[37]
    If successful, then Blood Drain deals Con drain: (1d4+2)[5]

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

When the piranha fish bite down on Marambe, a few of their bites seem to be absorbed. And almost all the damage that is actually done by them is quickly healed.

However, he can't actually do anything to get through the wall faster, beyond what he's already doing..

And so he keeps on helping Malog make clear the wall.

Show

Marambe has resistance 6 against force and heals for 12 per round, so only has -3 left by the end of his turn.

Marambe needs to clear the first two 5' blocks before he can teleport through.
    That's a total of 1800 hp of stone.
    We've done a total of 371 damage to those first 2 blocks now, so there's still 1528 left to clear.
    It takes Malog about 5 and a half rounds to clear the blocks ahead of himself with his acid.
    Between the two of us, it will take about 15 rounds to get through.
    Can we just call it that without rolling it all out? Because 15 rounds of pounding rocks is a lot of rolls and combat will be over by the time we're done anyway..

Edit: actually, once combat is over, it might be smarter to take another 2 minutes and clear the wall from both sides to save resources.
    My point is more that I don't think Malog and me can contribute much for the remainder of this combat so I could keep struggling with the dice roller on here but.. would rather just average it and see if it's relevant in any way in 15 rounds from now.
    Last edited by Tyrann; 2019-11-05 at 05:53 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108

OldWizardGuy

As the little fishies take bites out of him, Malog continues to try and dig that hole.... even as he bellows. "Acid trip style, Digging a hole!"

Spoiler: Malog digging himself a hole
    Show

Punching all in front of him
    (1d20+13)[27]
    (1d4+7)[8] blungeoning plus (3d6)[8] acid.

Second punch
    (1d20+8)[16]
    (1d4+7)[8] bludgeoning plus (3d6)[8] acid.

Acid Nimbus; (3d6)[11] acid to all squares in 5ft.

Healing; 2 from fast healing, 6 from unarmed acid damage, 45hp from nimbus
    Last edited by Warmatt; 2019-11-05 at 07:29 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Tsu-Tse rolls around on the ground with his thrashing invisible opponent. He's definitely getting slower and paler, as if the life is being drained out of him. But there's a lot of life in the dwarf yet.

His combat style appears to involve a lot of swearing. And headbutts.

Show
    I get three attacks

Grapple to pin: opposed grapple check (1d20+18)[27]
    if that fails try again opposed grapple check (1d20+18)[24]
    And again opposed grapple check (1d20+18)[27]

Once pinned, stop him speaking! Use remaining attacks to hit him, power attacking for 3
    Attack unarmed no miss chance for him! (1d20+16)[26] for (d8+17)[18] magical damage plus a Fort DC 18 or be stunned for one round
    Attack improvised weapon no miss chance for him! (1d20+16)[17] for (d6)[3] plus (d8+17)[21] adamantine damage

Declare the sorceror my target for swaying waist, works just like dodge except +2 AC againt him.

20. - Top - End - #110

Start of the enemy's turn, all party members except Tsu-Tse take damage from the biting wind: (3d8)[5]

Serafino waits for the 'wall' to move- But it doesn't. It occurs to you that they put up the stone wall in the first place to separate Serafino from the rest of the party. While that total isolation only lasted a few seconds, they now have one target alone on the other side of their first 'wall'.

The invisible wizard tries his best to resist Tsu-Tse's attempt at a pin - he's grown weaker! And... his hand is wet and slightly sticky. It is missing fingers.

It smells like blood.

The wizard feebly tries to resist the pin, but Tsu-Tse overpowers him easily. He covers the elf's mouth, the proceeds to lay into his enemy. The wizard is stunned.

Once more, the Sorcerer reaches out to touch Tsu-Tse - and misses completely.

The 'wall' holds firm. The party may act.

At the beginning of his turn, Tsu-Tse takes (1d6)[1] Cold damage and gains one negative level from the clammy mist.
    Throw the dice high.

21. - Top - End - #111

"Frag!"

Serafino shouts as the wall doesn't open this time. Maybe Tsu-Tse did something to mess up the opening system. Whatever the cause, the dwarf was over there alone.

"Tsu-Tse is on the other side, but the doorway isn't opening this time. Hurry through the wall if you can! I don't know how he's doing over there," Serafino telepathically sends to the party.

Serafino stabs with his adamantine dagger, jabbing with all his vampiric strength through the door, making a hole, twisting and carving to make the hole a huge gash, leaving the dagger in.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    Inspiration point on the attack and damage:
    Attack is (1d20+24)[35]
    Damage is (1d6+21)[24]
    Just in case, confirm crit of 19-20: (1d20+24)[30]

The damage is enough to destroy nearly half the HP of an iron door. That should make a pretty massive hole. Leaving the dagger in the door for the moment.
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-11-05 at 11:44 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Malog's acid burned Marambe a little in the past 6 six seconds, because the giant gorilla had reached inside the tunnel to clear the last bits of debris, allowing Malog to move up.

Fortunately he shrugged off virtually all of the attacks by the piranha's during that time, and whatever damage was done quickly repaired itself.

Spoiler: All in all it's just a-nother..
    Show

Ended previous turn with 3 damage.
    Vortex damage was fully absorbed this round. And took 5 damage from Malog's acid (6 absorbed).
    Fast healing 12. So back to full HP this turn.

Previous round's attacks cleared the way for Malog to advance to square #2 of the tunnel, which will allow him to hit 12 squares with acid damage.

Assuming Malog moves up (will wait for Malog to do so before acting), Marambe will attack the first block with a full attack and full power attack.

Rolling attacks, only miss on a 1.
    (6d20)[2][9][10][9][6][18](54)

See discord for damage roll. Total damage to the wall is 122 this turn.
    Last edited by Tyrann; 2019-11-06 at 02:09 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113

OldWizardGuy

Now, Malog is a simple thing, as he continues to dig that hole, to melt and widen it as he punches and melts, as he moves forward with all haste!

Spoiler: digging
    Show

Did rolls in discord. 18 bludgeoning damage and 28 acid from Malog this round

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Some battles are glorious. The combatants kill each other cleanly in a dignified fashion, treating each other with courtesy and respect.

This, Tsu-Tse reflected, was not one of those battles. Kneeling in the midst of soul-sucking mist and a school of floating translucent fish, aching from foul enchantments, and covered in blood and rock dust. He continued to bang the wizard's head against the stone floor.
    Show

Three attacks
    Move the grapple north, out of the mist (ignore if we decide the mist just drains level once. Opposed grapple (1d20+17)[36]
    Hit the guy headbutt stunning fist (1d20+14)[15] for (1d6+14)[19] plus Fort save Dc 18 or stunned.
    Hit the guy improvised weapon (1d20+14)[15] for (1d6)[6] plus (1d8+14)[16]

25. - Top - End - #115

With all his might Serafino slams his dagger into the 'wall' - and discovers that his adamantine dagger, which can so easily carve through stone or even iron, creates only a loud bang of metal on metal, as well as making the 'wall' shake and move back ever so slightly, although it immediately moves back. It does not appear to be attached to the floor, walls or ceiling, although it's touching all of them.

Tsu-Tse drags the stunned wizard up the corridor and out of the mist, no doubt leaving a trail of invisible blood.

Start of the enemies' turn, party members other than Tsu-Tse take (3d8)[11] Force damage.

The enemy wizard grunts in pain as he recovers from the stun. Then he makes a desperate attempt to escape the pin:

Show
    Enemy Escape Artist check: (1d20+15)[30]
    Tsu-Tse's grapple check: (1d20+13)[16]

If the wizard wins, he is grappled but no longer pinned. (As a standard action you can use Escape Artist to escape a grapple or pin, but not to resist them in the first place)

The Sorcerer, having failed twice now to even connect with Tsu-Tse with a touch attack, despite being invisible and Tsu-Tse having been in a grapple, switches back to the spell he used against Serafino. With a piercing cry he sends a translucent lance of magical energy that slams unerringly into the dwarf.
    Show
    Strikes unerringly - no chance of hitting the wizard.
    Rolling to overcome Spell Resistance: (1d20+12)[31]
    Damage: 1.5 times (10d8)[46]
    Fortitude save for half: (1d20+12)[21]
    Penalty from the negative levels included in the Fort save.

The 'wall' does not move.

The party may act.
    Throw the dice high.

26. - Top - End - #116

Serafino braces himself on the ceiling and rushes the door. Whatever it is, it was moved by the knife blow, so it can be moved. Most beings tended to stick to the floor. Hopefully the force coming from the ceiling would surprise whatever creature was holding the wall. He didn't need to knock the creature back, just knock or tilt the wall back enough that he could squeeze through to the other side.

Spoiler: Bull Rush
    Show
    Bull Rush with Inspiration Point spent: (1d20+29)[42]

I have my movement still available, depending on how this turns out.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Marambe keeps on digging away at the wall.

Spoiler: mechanics
    Show

Rolls in discord.
    94 damage this round.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Tsu-Yse tenses as the bolt slams into him. He needs to finish this, one way or the other.

Depending on rules interpretation, I'm going to either plan A or plan B

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Plan A
    Use the grappled wizard as an improvised tower shield, as per drunken master's class ability. He is size cateogry larger than me, so there is plenty to work with. Ready an action for when the sorcerer casts a spell to use the tower shield ability to claim total cover from the sorcerer by hiding behind the wizard. The entry says that this is not effective against targeted spells, because the caster can simply hit me by targeting the shield. That's fine, I'm happy for him to target the 'shield' (which is the wizard). And either he'll take the damage, since unlike a real shield he's a valid target, or we'll both take the damage.

What I'm looking for is the action film trope of yanking a bag up to use as a shield and getting another bad guy to shoot him.

Plan B
    If the rules simply don't work this way, I'll just full attack.

Opposed grapple check to do damage (1d20+18)[35] for (d6+14)[19]
    Opposed grapple check to do damage (1d20+18)[21] for (d6+14)[17]
    Opposed grapple check to do damage (1d20+13)[17] for (d6+14)[17]

29. - Top - End - #119

The bedamned wall gives way with his push and Serafino flips through. The metal 'wall' seems to flip out, just like someone was holding it, rather than an actual wall sliding on tracks. He tumbles up to the ceiling, glaring down at the unseen beings that must be there.

Tsu-Tse seemed to be wrestling with thin air, but a magic user - typically focused on mental exercises rather than physical - wouldn't be able to resist the powerful dwarf's grip. So ...

Serafino cheered at the thought of dealing with whatever creature had been causing him headaches.

He flourishes the knife and growls, fangs extending.

"Creature. You bothered me with your wall of metal trick. Just for that I'm going to drain you to the brink of death, slit your veins open, and put Boring Beetle larva into your veins where they'll eat you from the inside out. If they're fast, you'll die within a week of agony. If not, I've seen beings survive nearly a month as the worms munch their way through."

Spoiler: Tumble and attracting the aberration's focus RATS!
    Show
    Tumble (succeed on a 1) to G5 and hover near the ceiling, flat on my back if I need to do so to fit.

My summoned rats were going to take 6 rounds to arrive. Five rounds have passed. Next round, there will be 30 Dire Rats boiling into the general area. FYI, I'll be keeping them out of the Grave Mist spell, but they should still be able to attempt to join in the wizard grapple if still needed by then.

30. - Top - End - #120

At the start of the enemy's turn, all PCs except Tsu-Tse take (3d8)[15] Force damage.
    Show
    1 W W W W W W m, v m, v W W W W W W W
    2 W W W W W W m, v S, m, v W W W W W W W
    3 W W W W W W M, m, v M, m, v W W W W W W W
    4 W W W W W W M, m, v M, m, v W W W W W W W
    5 W W W W W W S, G, m, v G, m, v W W W W W W W
    6 W W W W W W G, W G, W, v W W W W W W W
    7 W W W W W W G, W G, W, v W W W W W W W
    9 W W W W W W W W, v W W W W W W W
    10 W W W W W W v M, v W W W W W W W
    11 W W W W W W Ma, v Ma, v W W W W W W W
    12 W W W W W W Ma, v Ma, v W W W W W W W
    13 W W W W W W v v W W W W W W W
    14 W W W W W W v v W W W W W W W
    15 W W W W W W v v W W W W W W W
    16 W W W W W W v v W W W W W W W
    W = Walls.
    M = Malog.
    Ma = Marambe.
    TT = Tsu-Tze. Currently off screen.
    S = Serafino.
    m = Area covered in faint mist.
    v = Area with translucent fish swimming through the walls biting at everything.
    M - Aberration, Int 16.
    W = Drow, Int 20. Currently off screen.
    S = Drow, Int 12.

The Sorcerer sends out another powerful, translucent lance of magical energy-

And Tsu-Tse raises the almost helpless enemy wizard before him, like a shield. The lance slams into the wizard hard.
    Show

1.5 times (10d8)[37] damage.
    Wizard Fort save for half: (1d20)[2]

The Sorcerer moves South, then with the scraping of metal on stone both Sorcerer and Aberration disappear from Serafino's mindsight.

The party may act.
    Throw the dice high.