The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 295
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    There are 40 barrels of gunpowder. Because they are stacked on top of each other, it's hard for the rats to move them without them toppling over and a few of them potentially breaking. However, except for the ones closest to the entrance, Serafino should be able to see most of them without having to enter the room.
    Throw the dice high.

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Somehow, some way, rolling barrels feels familiar to Marambe. As if it were something he was meant to be doing. Especially if it's rolling barrels down a slope.

    "Very well. In that case, I am going up there to roll the barrels down. One of you should stop them here, by our tunnel, so they don't break on the rough surface."

    Marambe then walks up the ramp and into the room. If nothing strange happens, he will pick up a the barrels, one at a time, and roll them down to the others.

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    "Marambe, the rats are getting smells from beyond the door to the right. You might want to stack the tower shield against it, just in case something is drawn by the noise and comes to investigate. Start rolling the barrels down the slope.

    "Tsu-Tse, I suspect it is gunpowder, but in this world it could be all sorts of crazy stuff. How about Malog and I stack it up here while you take a barrel a little further away and check it out.

    "Malog, I'll receive the barrels, how about you stack them up along the wall of the hallway?"

    Serafino sets all three of the storeroom dire rats to gather at the right door, all listening and sniffing to give the alert if anything starts to approach.

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    The rats detect nothing coming near the door. As they spend more time sifting through the scents, however, they determine that it must be very many different creatures that are causing the smell.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-11-15 at 11:39 AM.
    Throw the dice high.

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tsu-Tse lurked in the corridor. After telling the others the barrels were gunpowder, he had been positioned half way down the slope, to slow them as they rolled down to the bottom. Something about this plan just felt right. Although he was concerned about the plans to put water in the barrels. Maybe the situation needed a plumber of some kind...

    The first of the barrels rattled down the slope towards him, and he carefully jumped over it. The first barrel would be fine. He needed to stop the second, slow it down so that the first could be rolled out of the way at the bottom of the slope. The barrel came and he braced, catching it and slowing it down as the momentum of the barrel slid him several feet down slope. Once it had slowed down, he jumped over that one.

    What had he been thinking about? Oh yes, plumbing. Maybe this would be easier if he could get hold of a big hammer.
    Last edited by Togo; 2019-11-15 at 11:42 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    He would nod, as he would begin to pick up and stack the barrels, even as he saw them changing, becoming square and blocky things that pulsed red before they tried to destroy his base! And him too he guessed. "Wario is on the baneling wrangling!" He would be moving them, even as he would pause a moment, and looks at the shield and then the carefully stacked gunpowder barrels, before he would look at the vampire and he would speak.

    "Can you make a cannon to fire me out of?" His eyes would be gleaming through the holes in the helmet (though that could just be gas that briefly ignited and then choked out), as he would be grinning. "We need moar dakka, and I always wanted to be a human cannonball."

    Still, he would kept stacking them barrels.
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    [As discussed in discord]

    The party rolls down 35 of the 40 barrels, leaving 5 in the room.
    After the barrels have been stacked by the improvised drow-tunnel, the party starts bringing the barrels down to the Kraken pit, and opens every one of them individually, checking them suicide zombies, before telekinetically adding water and stacking them on the other side of the water.
    Finally, all the barrels are carried back up to the surface, before the party returns to the room with the deadly demon mouth of darkness.

    --

    Once there, Marambe waits by the door to the right until the others say they're ready to go. After that, he'll break down the door. He won't even check if the door opens with the hinge. Just straight through.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

    Breaking the door
    strength check - (1d20+22)[23]
    For convenience, the breaking and entering SRD page. DC for a strong wooden door is 23.

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tsu-Tse looks at the barrels stacked on the grass outside, and gives a happy sigh. He adds a quick diplomatic note.

    Dear Random Person,

    Our dangerous chemicals.

    Please do not steal. Because having your head ripped off while your eyeballs dissolve, often offends.

    One Dwarf
    TTQ


    The last is a stylised double TT, inside a Q.

    Back inside he hurries back to join the others. After getting his last wand activated by Serafino, he takes his time and slowly eases himself up the wall opposite the door, somehow wedging himself between the wall and the ceiling, in defiance of gravity. Then he settles himself to wait until they open the door.

    While he's waiting he has a drink. And another. And another. At that point he might as well empty the bottle.

    So far he's spent almost the entire adventure sober. Time to change that.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Being on the receiving end of his eternal wand of Balancing Lorecall, that gives him +10 to balance checks, and allows him to balance on, yes, entirely vertical surfaces.

    Balance (Acrobatics) check is only at +3 (due to dex damage and negative levels), plus 10 for the wand. Take 10, because he's not in a hurry, is an auto-success.

    Taking four drinks.
    Last edited by Togo; 2019-11-15 at 12:31 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    When the party returns to the surface there are cheers from the distant crowds, and a few nods of approval from the overseers who remained on the surface. Three large images are floating in the air over the field, and it's the strangest thing. You hear sounds from them, but only from the one you look directly at. The images show the perspective of Death Fairy and two others, presumably the overseers who went with the other groups.

    The door crumples immediately when Marambe starts applying his full force to it. Inside is... A rather unexpected sight. It's an enormous cavern, with what reminds Earth-born party members of nothing so much as a deep, dry swimming pool. There are hundreds and hundreds of goblins in the pool. Are they prisoners? There doesn't seem to be any way for them to get up, and thorny brambles surround the edges of the pool.

    On closer examination there is one ramp leading down into the pool, but it's fenced off with especially heavy brambles.

    All the goblins you can see are unarmed. If Serafino comes closer he can sense them. They appear to be... regular goblins.

    When they hear the door break a wave of screeches rolls through the sea of goblins, and they pack themselves away from the door and you.

    They start shouting in Goblin, but unless you speak their tongue it's hard to make out what they are saying. They seem angry and afraid.

    There are no other obvious exits.
    Throw the dice high.

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Marambe starts to charge in, but when he sees the goblins in the pool, he mostly just looks confused.

    "Do any of you understand what they are saying?"

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino looks at the goblins, glances back toward the room with the devil's mouth and shakes his head, whispering to the others:

    "It's got to be a trap for us. Why on earth would a dungeon create a room filled with creatures ready to be sacrificed by other creatures the dungeon also creates? I am curious about how smart the dungeon is. It has given us some potential resources. Let's see if it is smart enough to realize it and put in safeguards. Back me up here, guys."

    Serafino steps forward and floats, gathering inspiration for the experiment ahead. He'd studied as many languages as he could in the few weeks he'd been here. A goblin slave labourer had been a quick practice, and that was all he needed when combined with his telepathy.

    He began speaking in Goblin, filling in words he didn't know with telepathic support.

    "Friends, Romans, Goblinkind! Lend me your ears. I come to bury those who harm you, not to serve them! The harm beings do flows out to the end of the world, while the helpfulness often ends past their fingers.

    "This is most unfair! You are suffering here! Why must you stay here to suffer? The horrors above and the horrors below are always using Goblins most harshly.

    "I am no friend to those abusing you. Far too many people look at me and spew hatred at me. They kill my kind for no other reason than I exist. Should I serve them in fear? No! Let it not be!

    "When the small people of the world work together, the powerful should worry. You feel you're hopeless as you are. No! That is only The Man keeping the little guy down. You have power! These brambles are keeping you in because those that have trapped you here fear you! If they didn't fear you, would they have so carefully tried to keep you locked up? No!

    "You and we can work together here! If I release you from your bondages, will you help me? Together we can shake the world!"
    Spoiler: D-d-d-diplomacy!!!!
    Show
    PF Diplomacy
    Their attitude is either Unfriendly or Hostile. Goblins have a -2 Cha bonus. The DC here is either 18 or 23 to start moving their attitude toward friendly and helpful.
    I'm going to use an Inspiration Point.
    Get everyone here to Aid Another with Diplomacy. If they get 10 or better, they'll all provide more +2 to my attempt here.

    Here goes. Please add in the other players' Aid Another results.
    Diplomacy to make the Goblins friendly toward us: (1d20+31)[43]

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Death Fairy discreetly fiddles with the scrying monocle during parts of Serafino's speech, whistling quietly to himself.

    The goblins stare at the party in stunned silence.

    Finally one goblin raises its feeble voice.
    Spoiler: Goblin
    Show
    You... You aren't going to feed us to the monsters?
    Throw the dice high.

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    (in goblin)
    "Am I the one who locked you in here? No!

    "Do you see me eating a baby goblin right now? No!"

    Serafino sighs dramatically, holding out his hands.

    "I understand your fear - your hesitancy to trust. You are all intelligent goblins, I can tell. You don't trust me. Let me give a gesture of trust in you that you won't attack me, and that I'm not going to attack you."

    With a dramatic flick of his wrist, Serafino uses his telekinesis to punch away the brambles blocking the slope to the pit. Turning to the others he says in Common.

    "They seem to only speak goblin. Cross fingers, but I might have gotten a bunch of allies on our dungeon dive. I haven't promised them anything. Just made some nice speeches about how sad it is that everyone is always hurting goblins and how I'm always getting hate too and how together we could do amazing things.

    "All those things are true, too. And when they asked if I was going to feed them to the monsters, I didn't say I wouldn't.

    "I don't think these goblins can actually help or hurt us, but I'm curious to see how the dungeon will respond, and if I can set these goblins to causing some havoc down here, I figure that a distraction might be useful.

    "What do you think we should try to get these goblins to do?"
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-11-15 at 03:36 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    "They might know the way to the core. They might also lie about it." Marambe shrugs.

    "Perhaps we should check what is behind other door before we decide. If the goblins run ahead of us, I worry they will trigger more traps. I grow weary of digging."

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    "I completely agree with the digging part. Invisibility too. Very annoying."

    Serafino keeps an eye on the goblins.

    "I could also start hypnotizing the goblins. I might do that to one of them anyway, just to keep one around for if I think of any questions I want to get its perspective on. That would take a while to hypnotize them all, and they would probably figure out something is going on along the way.

    "If we really just want them to cause problems somewhere other than where we are at the moment, sending them down one direction and us in another might be useful. If they set off traps, they won't be around us."

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Some of the goblins begin to make their way up the ramp. It's clear they are still hesitant.

    Death Fairy seems to find all this pretty entertaining, and he listens intently as the party discusses what to do with their newfound resource.
    Throw the dice high.

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    "Perhaps you could also ask them what that wooden chest is for, or where that demon mouth goes. Meanwhile, do you mind if I go check the other room?"

    If nobody objects, Marambe will move to the opposite door and bust that down, too.
    Last edited by Tyrann; 2019-11-15 at 05:03 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    "Please," Serafino calls out in Goblin. "We are seeking some of the great powers in the depths. If we work together, I might be able to protect you, and maybe you could help us. Together we can do more than we could separately!"

    Serafino shifts back to Common and says quietly to Marambe, "Try to look, um, non-murderous as you go by them? You know, don't step on any by accident and stuff."

    He turns back to the goblins and speaks in Goblin again.

    "We need some answers. Just simple ones, like what is in that chest? And the room we came from has a devil's face carving - does anyone know anything about it? Does anyone know how to reach deeper into this dungeon?"
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-11-15 at 05:11 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Malog would consider them, even as he would look over them. "We is gonna WAAAAAAAAGH!" He would say that last word with a primal bellow, an expression of attack and attack, of endless waves of violence on a scale to make the galaxy burn. Still, he would now look for crude weapons, improvised things he could give into goblin hands.
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    A lot of goblins volunteer information at once, and it becomes hard to make out what any of them are saying. After you get most of them to be quiet while you probe one or two for information at a time, you find out that:

    1) They have no idea what's in the box.

    2) They have no idea what the devil face does, but it feels like it's not for them. They want to stay away from it.

    3) The way down is on the other side of the long corridor. A powerful monster with lots of eyes from the outside broke into the dungeon a while back, and ever since then those scary elves would force a bunch of goblins to attack it every few hours to try to drive it out. Before that they only took a few and made them go up to feed one of the dungeon monsters, but there have been a lot more goblins created recently to both feed the good monster and attack the intruder.

    4) They don't want to die, but obviously intruders are bad and need to die or leave.

    Marambe breaks down the door on the left, revealing an armory. Inside is a variety of gear sized for goblins, weapons and armor of various kinds. Nothing looks particularly well made. Some of it even has rust spots. There are no other obvious exits in the room. There are maybe 50 pieces of equipment in here in total.
    Throw the dice high.

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino blinks and looks at Malog.

    He looks at the goblins.

    Back to Malog.

    Back to the goblins.

    'Frak it. Screw the consequences. Totally worth it,' he thinks.

    "This is Malog," he shouts in goblin while pointing to Malog. "He is a warleader who is truly without equal. See, he seeks to find you weapons!"

    Serafino leans over to Malog.

    "You might have a Waagh on your hands. Have fun."

    Serafino turns to Death Fairy and gives a shrug and wink, looking directly at the monocle. There is an audience, after all.
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-11-15 at 06:06 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Marambe, who doesn't speak a word of goblin, yells back from across the hallway "There is an armory for the goblins here! Malog bring your Gobboz!"

    Then walks back to the middle room and opens the wooden chest.
    Last edited by Tyrann; 2019-11-15 at 06:14 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Marambe opens the chest. There is nothing inside. It is completely empty.

    Death Fairy watches the discovery, and giggles to himself. "It was empty the first time for me too."
    Throw the dice high.

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Moving over to the weapons, he would begin to hand them to the boyz, as he would speak. "Boyz, da time is on us! The time when ya gotta do what Mork and Gork says! Now, we sum hard uns, and we is gonna hit 'em when da gits are looking. Yas?" He would grin, as he would laugh, a rasping and wet gurgling thing that was far stronger and more robust than it should be. "Ya lot gonna hit em when da gits are not lookin!"

    As he looks over them, he would finish it off with a roar. "So, lets get a WAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!! on!"
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    A few of the armed goblins half heartedly raise their new weapons, most of them looking around to see how everyone else is reacting. One goblin goes along with the 'waaaaaaaaagh', although its voice breaks, making the display less than fearful. The other goblins look to that one with sudden respect.
    Throw the dice high.

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    "That is.. unfortunate."

    Marambe closes the chest and opens it a second time, just in case Death Fairy was being cryptic.

    "Is it possible that those elves looted this?"

    Since he doesn't understand the goblins, he will wait for the others to figure out where to go next.

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    He nods, as he looks at them. Oddly enough while the vast majority of his thought processes were distracted by the feeling of his braining rotting and digesting, not to mention the rest of his body, he maintained an almost instinctive grasp for the rudiments of warcraft and command. And so, looking at the one that they seemed to respect, he would look at the vampire.

    "Oi, you gots a hat for the little boss?" He would gesture towards that one, while nodding in approval, eyes on Serafino. After all, those that excel in the fine arts of the WAAAAGH should be rewarded.
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrann View Post
    "Is it possible that those elves looted this?"
    "Nah, when dungeons make chests it basically always for adventurers. Whether it's traps, bribes or bait."
    Throw the dice high.

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tsu-Tse frowns, and strolls over the to the chest.

    He picks it up and turns it over and over in his hands, checking the weight and the thickness of the walls of the container.

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino grabs one of the helmets and pulls out his Eternal Wand of Prestidigitation. He still has one casting for today after this, and he is certain that his clothes are going to need it. But this is definitely worth it.

    The Prestidigitation cleans the helmet perfectly, scouring off the rust, leaving it shiny. He then pulls out his masterwork armor crafting tools and begins carving designs into the helmet, doing small reshapings of the brim, smoothing out the dents, and adding in a leather strap to better hold it on the goblin's head.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Craft (armor smithing) to make it look nice and more impressive: (1d20+22)[27]


    He gives it to Malog. "Warleader Malog, I believe you have a goblin who understands the Way of the Waaaagh. Little Bosses should have mores shinies for Waaagh."

    With a quick conference with the others, Serafino nods to the armed goblins, and prepares his Goblin-speaking thought processes.

    "The invader bad monster with lots of eyes doesn't belong here. It is an outside monster dat kills lots of goblins. That not good!

    "Malog is a master of the Waagh! The Waagh is all about being the biggest boss boyz wit' da' biggest choppaz. 'Dis monster wit' da' eyes thinks it has all the powers, but Malog has bigger choppas and he doesn't like the eye monster eating all the goblins of the Waagh!

    "No more! Malog gonna show it who da' boss! He's gonna do the choppa choppa on da' bad eye monster! It's not gonna be eatin' da' goblins any more! We gonna stop that bad monster!"

    Serafino grabs Malog and pulls him beside him and raises Malog's arm.

    "Will you be good gobbos of da' Waaagh? You gonna make Malog proud of yinz? You'nz gonna become big choppaz like Malog and not just little runtz?

    "Will! You! Waaagh!?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •