The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 286
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tsu-Tze's careful examination of the chest reveals nothing. It looks like a completely mundane treasure chest that should definitely have held something of value, but there are no hidden compartments or other secrets that he can discover. There is even a lock, although it was not closed, and there is no key in sight.

    ---

    The goblins listen to Serafino's speech, and slowly, one by one, they begin to straighten their backs, to look not just with respect at the strongest of their own kind and awe at the mighty heroes, but to carry themselves with confidence and self respect. There is a quiet determination in these goblins.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomander View Post
    "Will! You! Waaagh!?"
    With burning confidence and determination, two score of the goblins who were closest call out 'waaagh' with the passion of young men who expect to be home by Christmas, and the fire soon spreads to all the goblins.

    The First Goblin Battalion is fired up. You feel the fire in yourselves as well. Do you embrace it?
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-11-16 at 12:24 AM.
    Throw the dice high.

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Malog would nod. It was time. It was time to show the eye tyrant that its plans, its genius? Its vast alien intelligence and supernatural powers that inspired terror in those that had to fight them? All of that meant nothing in the face of overwhelming violence. For when the tide rose, did it care that it devoured and swept away the labor and joy of hours?

    No, it did not. It swept the beach clean, it destroyed and eroded, it took another tiny bite out of the land that had endured for epochs because that is what it did and they were there. It was time to let slip the shackles and masks, the false skin of civilization and enlightenment.

    With a bloody roar to shake the foundations of the dungeon, he would gesture, he would march, he would move towards where they said the eye creature was.

    For it was no longer the time to talk. It was time to wage war.
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Marambe feels the fire spread, shrugs, and against his better judgement lets out an eardrum popping baritone howl that shakes into the walls and stomachs.

    "WAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!"

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Oh, Serafino thinks with a feeling of shock. " That's right. Magic. I guess it's time to Waaagh?

    As much as he had promoted this, he was a person who appreciated order and planning. The Waaagh - if it was anything like the stories - was all about the power of the moment rolling over anything that challenged it no matter how little sense it made.

    Serafino just couldn't fit in with something like that. But he had spent a thousand years unliving, and he wasn't an idiot, either. You didn't oppose some forces!

    "We da biggest bosses! We da' biggest choppas! We da' Waaaaaaaagh!!

    He shouts and cheers ...... and follows as they go, instead of actually charging with them.

    And nods confidently at Death Fairy, and the audience watching. Plans. Effects. Reactions.

    If you get caught by surprise, you use it to your advantage.

    "Waaaaaaaaaaaahg!"

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tsu-Tse peers owlishly at the hoard unfolding below him.

    This, he decided, was a time for a dwarf to stay quiet, and follow along behind.

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Malog and Marambe allow themselves to be swept up in the Waaaagh. They feel stronger. They also feel that it is natural and right that invaders should be driven out of the dungeon or killed! Preferably killed. They can break out of this conviction, but they sure do feel stronger right now.

    The war band marches down the smooth corridor and back into the more natural looking cave. There are pressure plates here, and quite a lot of people passing through, but you are able to guide everyone across without causing a cave in.

    On the other side of a short path the cave begins to widen. There are subtle signs of damage to the floor here, like parts of the rock have been molten or frayed with acid. You pass by the partial, discarded scales of some kind of creature with... many limbs? The scales are pretty torn up. Knowledge: Nature to find out more.

    The cave opens up into a large cavern, although there are boulders and pillars blocking your sight of parts of it.

    Serafino senses something.
    Spoiler: Mindsight
    Show
    Ooze, Int 5, behind one of the large boulders.


    Malog, Marambe and the goblins can feel it! The time has come!
    Throw the dice high.

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino's mind raced as they took off.

    A beholder? He read about them and their abilities. Serafino's confidence in the Waaagh was not so high that he was about to dismiss the power of a beholder, no matter what sort of slogans he shouted. He wasn't about to join in, and following along with a Waaagh was like running with the bulls in Pampalona. You go with the flow and you don't try to stop it. You subtly influence directions. Giving orders to the Waaagh? You might as well give orders to a rampaging bull. Keep that in mind.

    So the beholder? Rays. Rays galore. Multiples per round. Ways to beat that? Well, one way was to overwhelm it. Soak the rays. The goblins were possibly fueling the Waaagh, so avoid letting them serve as cannon fodder. What else? Tank the rays. Oof. We might be able to do that, but that was dangerous. What else?

    Bats and rats! Serafino calls his rats and bats to gather to him as he begins to prepare to support the Waagh, wherever it goes. He begins drilling directions into his summoned creatures as they went. In the heat of battle with rays shooting all over the place, giving individual orders wasn't going to cut it. Prepare them ahead of time and cross fingers. Sometimes even the best plans couldn't guarantee outcomes. Roll with it.

    "Rats - march with us. When a big ball shows up, attack it! When you see colored beams, jump into them!"

    His confidence in the rats abilities to do all those things was minimal, but he repeated the instructions over and over as they marched.

    Make a second layer of plans if the rat plan didn't work.

    "Bats - rest on me. One order. When you see beams, fly into them. They are tasty. Wait, prepare, see beam? Fly into it! Wait, prepare. Tasty beam, fly into it! Wait, prepare. Tasty beam, fly into it!"

    The ooze's mind ahead suddenly distracted him. The Waaagh didn't need distractions. Keep it focused.

    "Stay away, ooze, big danger here," Serafino telepathically sends to the ooze. "Stay away! Big danger here!"

    Serafino shouted loudly as he sped up a little to the front of the tiny horde, trying to keep their attention focused on the main goal.

    "What can stop the Waaagh? Nothing! What are goblins? Big Choppas! What can stop the Waaagh? Nothing!"

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Marambe follows along with Malog and da Boyz, rhythmically pounding his chest with one hand to form a bass for war drumming so the Goboz can join in and bang their shields.

    When time has come, he stands up on his hind legs and starts drumming with both hands, steadily increasing the rhythm.

    "WAAAAAAAAGH!!!"

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    The Ooze replies.

    Spoiler: Telepathy
    Show
    WaaAagh? You... food? You are... food?!


    The goblins having stopped marching, you can hear some kind of... sizzling sound. It reminds you a bit of Malog's attempt to 'cook' Kraken meat with acid.
    Throw the dice high.

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Malog would keep marching, would keep moving, before he would look towards the sizzling sound even as he was feeling just somewhat annoyed. Where was the eye ta krump?
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show
    A B B D E F G H I J K L M N O
    1 W W W W W W W W
    2 W W W W W W W W
    3 W W P P P W
    4 W P P P W
    5 W W
    6 W W
    7 W P P O O O W W
    8 W P P O O O W
    9 W W O O O W
    10 W S P M W W
    11 W P P P P W
    12 W P Ma Ma P P P P P W
    13 W Ma Ma P P P P W
    14 W TT P P W
    15 W W P W
    16 W P P W W
    17 W P P P W W W
    18 W W G G G G G G G G G G G W W
    19 W W W G G G G G G G G G G W W
    20 W W W W G G G G G G G W W W W
    W = Walls.
    P = Pillar. Does not extend all the way to the ceiling but at least 15 feet high and near impossible to stand on.

    M = Malog.
    Ma = Marambe.
    TT = Tsu-Tze.
    S = Serafino.
    G = Goblin.

    O = Ooze.

    Tse-Tze and quite a lot of goblins are just outside the map. TT can start whereever he wants on the bottom row with a 5 foot movement.


    Initiative:

    Serafino: (1d20+12)[22]
    Tsu-Tze: (1d20-2)[13]
    Malog: (1d20+4)[16]
    Marambe: (1d20+6)[19]

    Ooze: (1d20+11)[20]

    It is time for WAAAAGH! Goblins will act in line with your orders, though I'll do the actual moving of them unless you have something real specific you want one of them to do.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-11-17 at 01:03 AM.
    Throw the dice high.

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Well, okay then. If the Waaagh is ready for some violence - and when is it not - who am I to oppose the Waaagh, Serafino shrugs to himself.

    "Dat Ooze!" He points dramatically in the ooze's direction. Shouting in Goblin is good for simple, direct sentences. "Dat' ooze 'tink you'unz is food! Gobbos not food! Gobbos is Waaagh! Marambe is a Big Fist Waaagh! Malog is a Big Scary Boss Waaagh!

    "Oozes no more eating Gobbos because Gobbos is Waaaaagh!"

    Pointing dramatically, Serafino is ready to roll with the Waaagh. He will fly above the foremost of the goblins, readying himself to intercept the ooze's attacks against them. His group can handle themselves, but an inkling of an idea is percolating in the back of Serafino's brain. Keep the Waaagh confident. Getting killed is a real downer, so keep them from getting killed, at least at the moment.

    Later? Well, Waaaghs can come to an end for all sorts of reasons.
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-11-16 at 03:20 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Unable to reach the slime in a straight charge, Marambe moves to what seems like a better position.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Move: move to D12-E13
    Standard: ready a slam attack if the ooze gets within 10 feet. Power attack for 1 on the off chance that it can be knocked back and the even more remote chance that being knocked into pillars actually hurts it.

    attack - (1d20+16)[26]
    damage - (1d8+19)[22]
    bull rush - (1d20+26)[33]
    if into wall - (8d6+33)[58]

    In case it matters, all of Marambe's damage is bludgeoning.

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Marambe gets the first good look at the enemy. It's an immense mound of black slime, eyes and mouths and even stranger things forming in its heaving bulk. It appears to have been in the process of consuming the remains of some kind of red hydra. When Marambe comes into its field of vision it stops eating and immediately tenses, ready for violence.

    Kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-11-17 at 01:00 PM.
    Throw the dice high.

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tsu-Tse rushes in, dodging between goblins as his accelerated physique weaves between goblins and pillars alike. He makes a mighty leap onto one of the pillars behind Marmabe, and pauses, before throwing a rock.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Moves from E20 to balancing on the side of a pillar at E14, incorporating a 10' jump as a swift action. Throws a rock.
    10' range increment, so 4 increments, -6 to hit.

    (1d20+13)[18] for (d6)[1] plus (1d8+14)[15]

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino looks at the rest of his team racing ahead.

    "Well when in Rome," he mutters. "In a Waaagh ya gottah do the charging thing."

    "Come on Gobbos! Malog is charging in! Don't let the Waaagh chief beat yinz 'der! Show him you'nz are Big Choppas!"

    Serafino flies ahead to where he knows the ooze must be. As he rounds the corner, he raises his eyebrows. That is big! Ok, maybe soften it up a touch before the gobbos get here. Otherwise it'll just sit on them and kill them all. Can't have the Waaagh ending before he wants it to end.

    He gives it a powerful hit, yelling as loudly as he can.

    'I feel ridiculous,' he thinks.
    Spoiler: Move and standard attack
    Show
    Roll for Knowledge Devotion with Collector of Stories bonus: (1d20+32)[49]
    He will know what the ooze is and gets bonus on attack and damage against it, now.
    Move to H-10.
    Attack the ooze with Knowledge Devotion and Inspiration Point: (1d20+30)[42]
    Slam Damage with Inspiration Point: (1d6+21)[26] plus 3 level drains plus 54 damage.
    Serafino gains 54 temp HP. (they overlap anything from before)
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-11-17 at 01:00 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    He would look around, before he would start to move. "Okay ya lot, yer gonna look fer things ta pick up and chuck at da git, while da big uns chop it." He looked over them, and would nod, as he would move forward, giving a rallying bellow. "WAAAAAGH!" Of course, by moving forward he moved at a run, aiming to get close to the ooze, before he would bellow again, blade lashing out in an overhand chop!

    Spoiler: Movement
    Show
    Double move, to get as close to the ooze as Malog can go

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Warmatt; 2019-11-16 at 10:46 PM.
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show
    A B B D E F G H I J K L M N O
    1 W W W W W W W W
    2 W W W W W W W W
    3 W W P P P W
    4 W P P P W
    5 W W
    6 W W
    7 W P P O O O W W
    8 W P P O O O W
    9 W W O O O W
    10 W S P M W W
    11 W P P P P W
    12 W P Ma Ma P P P P P W
    13 W Ma Ma P P P P W
    14 W TT P P W
    15 W W P W
    16 W P P W W
    17 W P P P W W W
    18 W W G G G G G G G G G G G W W
    19 W W W G G G G G G G G G G W W
    20 W W W W G G G G G G G W W W W
    W = Walls.
    P = Pillar. Does not extend all the way to the ceiling but at least 15 feet high and near impossible to stand on.

    M = Malog.
    Ma = Marambe.
    TT = Tsu-Tze.
    S = Serafino.
    G = Goblin.

    O = Ooze.

    Will update when I know how everyone responds to the trample.

    Spoiler: Knowledge: Dungeoneering
    Show
    What has entered this dungeon is something alien indeed. The black mass is an extremely rare creature known as a Shoggoth. They don't do much except eat, but that one thing they are extremely proficient at. They employ a strategy of mass destruction, trampling everything in their path rather than focusing on one opponent at a time, and swallowing any creatures that don't get out of the way.

    Their liquid flesh make them very difficult to injure - the easiest way to damage it is to allow it to swallow you and attack it from within, however that also involves taking damage from its strong acid and violent stomach movements (and teeth). It has a piercing scream that drives most creatures mad, causing them to mistake allies for foes and quickly damaging their mind over time. It has resistances to most energy types, to spells and to physical attacks. It can't fly, but it can move as easily on walls and ceilings as on the ground and underwater.

    It's, uh, it's not really an enemy you can defeat by throwing goblins at it. It doesn't have any disintegration like abilities, so it probably killed and ate the Kraken and the Drow on its way down here.

    It likely can't take as much damage as the Kraken, but it will be dishing it out much faster in return. Its main weakness is probably that, not being very intelligent, it will almost always try to eat as many creatures as it can, rather than focus fire against a single threat at a time.


    Tsu-Tze's rock bounces harmlessly off the liquid flesh of the ooze, and as it rolls off the creature probes it with tongues and teeth, discarding it as uninteresting.

    Serafino's slam connects well enough, although the ooze does seem to have resisted some of the damage. He did successfully steal some of its life energy, however.

    Teeth and eyes roll out in a horrid mass to swallow Malog. It is not a slam or a grapple, it rolls over the warleader, then reverses direction, rolling over the space of Serafino, then on to Marambe and finally Tsu-Tze in one terrible movement. In the precious seconds this takes, each of its victims faces a choice. You can make an attack of opportunity, or you can make a reflex save to avoid being crushed. If you fail that save or you take the attack of opportunity, those mouths will be trying to swallow you whole.

    Spoiler: Trample
    Show
    Can't really roll for you on this one, since everyone needs to decide whether to go for the free attack or try to not get eaten.


    Spoiler: Marambe
    Show
    Since you readied an action to attack if it got in range, you get to make that attack and either make an attack of opportunity or make a reflex save. It is Huge, you are Large - it is possible for you to bull rush it. However, it resists the bull rush from your readied action. It does take damage from the attack, though.
    Throw the dice high.

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    He would grin and bellow. "Froms hells heart I stab at thee!" Even as he roared his defiance, he would be chopping.

    Spoiler: Attack of Oppertunity
    Show

    (1d20+13)[22]
    Damage; (1d10+7)[15] plus (3d6)[11] Acid plus (1d6+3)[8] Negative.
    Plus Toxin (Fort DC 26) or (1d6)[4] Wisdom damage
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Marambe braces himself to stand his ground and slams his full weight into the creature.

    Spoiler: AOO
    Show

    Rolls in discord

    Attack roll: 26 (including -4 for trample)
    Damage: 27 (bludgeoning)
    Bull rush opposed check: 36
    Damage if into wall/pillar: 68 (bludgeoning)

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino recoils from the thing's attempt to roll over him. There was NO way he was going to let this pile of drek ruin his clothes!

    Spoiler: Reflex dodge
    Show
    Reflex save to avoid trample:
    (1d20+28)[38]

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    "It's crazy acidic," Serafino thinks to the others. "Likes to roll over and eat its enemies. It's got a nasty mental effect, too. Kill it quickly!"

    Out loud he shouts, "Gobbos! Show it you gotz da' Big Shootaz! Throw everything you can at it!"

    Between his shout and Malog's orders, they might try throwing stuff instead of trying to attack it.

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    The grotesque black mass of mouths and eyes rolls over Malog. The fire of the Waaaagh burning within him allows Malog to overcome the powerful protection of the slippery, liquid flesh, and he lands his attack. As soon as he does, however, the creature rolls over him, and he finds himself crushed and devoured whole as the thing turns. Serafino is its next intended victim, but with exceptional grace the vampire lord evades the mass of eyes and teeth as it thunders past.

    Marambe braces himself and manages to get in not one but two powerful strikes against the ooze. He isn't quite able to slam the thing into a pillar, but the violence yet leaves its mark on the thing before Marambe as well is crushed and swallowed up.

    Malog and Marambe eash take (4d8+22)[44] blunt damage. The inside of the creature's guts are seeped in strong acid, however sufficient force could perhaps allow them to tear free of its stomachs before it is able to crush them further and burn them with its acid.

    The sheer size of the abomination puts it within striking distance of Tsu-Tze - and vice versa.
    Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show
    A B B D E F G H I J K L M N O
    1 W W W W W W W W
    2 W W W W W W W W
    3 W W P P P W
    4 W P P P W
    5 W W
    6 W W
    7 W P P W W
    8 W P P W
    9 W W W
    10 W S P W W
    11 W P P P P W
    12 W P O O O P P P P P W
    13 W O O O P P P P W
    14 W O TT P O P W
    15 W W P W
    16 W P P W W
    17 W P P P W W W
    18 W W G G G G G G G G G G G W W
    19 W W W G G G G G G G G G G W W
    20 W W W W G G G G G G G W W W W
    W = Walls.
    P = Pillar. Does not extend all the way to the ceiling but at least 15 feet high and near impossible to stand on.

    M = Malog.
    Ma = Marambe.
    TT = Tsu-Tze.
    S = Serafino.
    G = Goblin.

    O = Ooze.

    If Malog or Marambe are able to tear free of the ooze, they can exit its body where they wish. The tear they create will quickly heal over.


    The brave horde of goblins, working on sheer unwarranted certainty and fury, throw rocks, weapons, shields and armor at the invader, collectively damaging it for (1d100-50)[23].
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-11-17 at 09:44 PM.
    Throw the dice high.

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tsu-Tse flattens himself against the top of the pillar, sliding to the edge furthest from the roiling mass, before launching in a spinning backflip, over to a pillar a bit further away. Whilst in the air, he is already drawing out bottles that he uses to take the brunt of the fall when he lands. Ignoring the tinkle of broken glass, he rising from his crouched landing and hurls the shattered remains at the enemy, with a force that would tear jagged holes in any normal foe.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Using sudden leap to jump 10' to D16, provided the pillar can give me enough cover that it doesn't get an attack of opportunity. Otherwise just stay put and use melee in place of ranged (identical stats).

    Ranged attacks - no range increments or power attack, -3 for negative levels
    (1d20+16)[21] for (1d6)[2] plus (1d8+14)[19] slashing and piercing damage
    (1d20+16)[22] for (1d6)[1] plus (1d8+14)[19] slashing and piercing damage
    (1d20+11)[21] for (1d6)[1] plus (1d8+14)[20] bludgeoning damage
    (1d20+16)[27] for (1d6)[2] plus (1d8+14)[16] bludgeoning damage

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino blinks in surprise as both Malog and Marambe get consumed by the beast. Their minds are still there, but he has no idea about their status within the beast. He looks at the nasty beast and then at his clothes and shakes his head.

    "Nope. Still wait until I know for sure," he mutters. "Looking better than a dog's chew toy when I get back to the surface is too important of a good impression."

    Still, if this blob was strong enough to consume the both of them, it was obviously stronger than he expected.

    "Come on you'z mangy grotz," he screams in goblin at the top of his voice for the goblins to hear. "You aren't piddly little Shootaz! You da' Moffo-frakin' BIGAZZ SHOOTAZ! Now show me what you'nz shootaz can do!!"

    Hopefully that would keep the goblins throwing stuff and not charging. He couldn't see past the ooze and pillars, but the mass of minds over there seemed to be keeping their distance.

    Serafino flits forward and attacks it again. Hopefully get it fully softened up before it could chew Marambe and Malog to pieces, though considering the ape's strength and metal, and the ... whatever Malog was ... his acidic aura, well the thing was possibly more likely to get indigestion.
    Spoiler: Move & Attack
    Show
    Move to F-11.
    Tumble to avoid AoO - succeed on a 1.
    Attack with Inspiration Point: (1d20+25)[37]
    Damage with Inspiration Point: (1d6+21)[23] plus 3 more level drain (6 total) and 54 HP drain.

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Inside the belly of the beast, Malog would be chopping and hacking, as he roared and bellowed, as he would unleash his rage and might, as he would cut and hack... as he would try and tear it apart from the inside out as he unleashed his own necrotically charged acids!

    Spoiler: Full Attack time!
    Show

    Chop one; (1d20+13)[32]
    Damage; (1d10+7)[11] plus (3d6)[14] Acid plus (1d6+3)[9] Negative

    Chop one; (1d20+8)[10]
    Damage; (1d10+7)[13] plus (3d6)[9] Acid plus (1d6+3)[7] Negative

    Plus Toxin if any hit. Fort DC 26 or (1d6)[6] Wisdom damage
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    As the slime rolls over Marambe, the giant ape does the only thing he can do. He rampages, trying to smash the mass of tooth and eyes from within.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Marambe took 38 of the 44 damage (dr 6 / -)
    HP 122 / 160
    Marambe's fast healing heals him for 12
    HP 134 / 160

    Full round: full attack
    Every successful hit heals Marambe for 7 HP.

    MH1 - (1d20+15)[34]
    damage - (2d8+14)[29]

    MH2 - (1d20+10)[26]
    damage - (2d8+14)[19]

    OH1 - (1d20+15)[29]
    damage - (2d8+8)[14]

    OH2 - (1d20+10)[23]
    damage - (2d8+8)[13]

    Slam1 - (1d20+9)[21]
    damage - (1d8+8)[15]

    Slam2 - (1d20+9)[12]
    damage - (1d8+8)[16]

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show
    A B B D E F G H I J K L M N O
    1 W W W W W W W W
    2 W W W W W W W W
    3 W W P P P W
    4 W P P P W
    5 W W
    6 W W
    7 W P P W W
    8 W P P W
    9 W W W
    10 W P W W
    11 W P S P P P W
    12 W P P P P P P W
    13 W P P P P W
    14 W P P W
    15 W W P W
    16 W TT P P W W
    17 W P P P W W W
    18 W W O O O G G G G G G W W
    19 W W W O O O G G G G G G W W
    20 W W W W O O O G G G G W W W W
    W = Walls.
    P = Pillar. Does not extend all the way to the ceiling but at least 15 feet high and near impossible to stand on.

    M = Malog.
    Ma = Marambe.
    TT = Tsu-Tze.
    S = Serafino.
    G = Goblin.

    O = Ooze.

    If Malog or Marambe are able to tear free of the ooze, they can exit its body where they wish. The tear they create will quickly heal over.


    Tsu-Tze puts a little distance between himself and the Shoggoth, jumping to a different pillar a little further away from the thing. As he lands he notices something has appeared on the ground, though he could have sworn it wasn't there when he jumped. It looks like a slender skull, carved and crafted into a large mug, filled with some kind of liquid. He feels the call of the waaagh from the mug. It's clearly suspicious as nine hells.

    He unleashes an avalanche of projectiles on the ooze, though most of them seem to do little damage.

    Serafino closes the distance and drains the ooze once more - it's affecting it, but it's not showing the subtle signs of sluggishness Serafino has come to expect from the creatures he drains - at least not to the extent he is used to.

    Malog and Marambe, swallowed by the beast, rip into it from inside. Though it's flesh is hard, dampening the impact of their blows, most of their attacks do accomplish meaningful damage. Marambe heals for 35. The ooze seems to resist Malog's acid.

    The brave goblins continue their assault, throwing more swords, axes, spears, shields and armors at the thing, dealing (1d100-50)[24] damage (Minimum zero).

    The combined effort of everyone's attack is whittling the thing down much faster than with the Kraken. However, it is about to prove it is also considerably more deadly than the first enemy you fought.

    Malog and Marambe take (4d6+22)[40] bludgeoning damage, as well as (8d6)[26] Acid damage as they are battered and slowly dissolved. Resistances/Immunities apply as normal.

    The ooze, seeing how many opponents it is faced with, unleashes a terrible sound out of this world.
    Spoiler: Serafino
    Show
    It's mind affecting, so unpleasant but not actually dangerous to you.

    Spoiler: Malog
    Show
    Will save: (1d20+15)[29]
    DC 22
    If he fails, he is Confused for (1d6)[3] rounds.

    Spoiler: Marambe
    Show
    Will save: (1d20+6)[22]
    DC 22
    If he fails, he is Confused for (1d6)[1] rounds

    Spoiler: Tsu-Tze
    Show
    Will save: (1d20+7)[24] (Assuming the +10 does not include the -3 penalty)
    DC 22
    If he fails, he is Confused for (1d6)[4] rounds.

    Almost all of the goblins stop throwing equipment at the Shoggoth, however it hardly matters, because the creature, after backing up over Serafino (AoO or Ref Save, as last turn) leaves Tsu-Tze behind and steam rolls the poor goblins at the edge of the first row, then bulldozes over everything it can reach.

    The waagh suffers a heavy blow.
    Throw the dice high.

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Spoiler: Reflex Save
    Show
    (1d20+28)[37]

    "No, you stupid beast! Pay attention to me, frak it all," Serafino shouts in irritation as he watched the surprisingly fast monstrosity roll over the goblins. He wanted this Waaagh intact!

    Serafino flies down (H-18), hovering ten feet in the air.

    "Go over there," he shouts in goblin. "Throw your Shootaz from over there!" He points off to the far direction (N-11).

    There were a few pillars between here and there that might slow down the stupid ooze.

    Serafino pounds another slam into it, using every bit of inspiration he can to hurt it, to attract its attention to himself.

    He sends it a Telepathic message with every feeling of threatening and impending doom that he can layer onto the thoughts.

    "You're going to die! I'll drain you to dust! Sear you with holy fires! Destroy you forever!"
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-11-18 at 08:11 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    The beast lets out it's otherworldly voice, but all Marambe can hear inside his head is "Kill it. Kill it. KiLL IT." And under the circumstances, the gorilla is happy to oblige. He keeps on thrashing about in the belly of the beast. If he sees an opening he'll step out this time and stand with the remaining Goboz.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Marambe was at 134 / 160 before punching.
    Last full attack healed Marambe for 35, which put him back at full hp.

    Marambe took 34 crushing damage (dr 6 / -)
    Marambe took 20 acid damage (6 absorbed)
    Marambe's fast healing heals him for 12

    Marambe is at 118 / 160 before his full attack

    --

    Free: power attack for 1
    Free: 5' step out to the east. Marambe should be able to share a square with the goblins since they're small.

    Every hit heals Marambe for 7

    MH1 - (1d20+14)[16]
    Damage - (2d8+15)[22]

    MH2 - (1d20+9)[17]
    Damage - (2d8+15)[26]

    OH1 - (1d20+14)[24]
    Damage - (2d8+9)[24]

    OH2 - (1d20+9)[18]
    Damage - (2d8+9)[19]

    Slam1 - (1d20+8)[16]
    Damage - (1d8+9)[13]

    Slam2 - (1d20+8)[14]
    Damage - (1d8+9)[15]

    If trampled: AOO
    MH1 - (1d20+10)[15] (-4 from trample factored in)
    Damage - (2d8+15)[21]
    Bull rush - (1d20+25)[40]
    If into wall:
    Damage - (8d6+33)[62]


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •