The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 301
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino's personal attention reveals the following:
    A) The plates in the hallway seem to be exactly the same mechanism as caused the cave in outside the Drow corridor. Disabling them would be risky, and there are quite a lot of them. Maybe a minute each, and there are easily 50 of them on the floor alone outside the room.
    B) A continuous magical effect covers the entrance to the room like a thin film. Whatever it is, the rat either didn't set it off, or it didn't affect the rat.
    C) The panels inside the room do not seem to be connected to each other. They are tightly packed, and effectively it's a normal floor, but it seems likely that each square can be raised or lowered independently. The room is also quite hot... There is a lot of fire in there, but even so, there is likely another heat source below, seeing as the panels outside the fire are warmer than the air. If it's not a heat source below, then the fires were bigger before. One of the two. Either that, or the dungeon has high tech or magical floor heating.

    That's as much as he can find out without moving through the magical film covering the entrance.

    To Tsu-Tse's dwarven mind, it is immediately clear that even if there is nothing else of value here, the raw materials that make up these golems are worth their weight in... Well, in iron.
    Throw the dice high.

  2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    "So, the hallway is trapped the same way as the hallway that exploded and collapsed. Let's definitely not trigger those.

    "I'm guessing the magic barrier in front of the room is something like a Dispel Magic effect. It could also be an alarm based off some other factor, or a trigger based on size to set off all the traps at once. Whatever, I don't like it.

    "I think we're going to have to either draw the golems to us, or do a charge across the room's traps somehow. I'm not thrilled about that idea, to say the least.

    "If we want to definitely bypass the door's magic field, then can Tsu-Tse dig through the wall next to the doorway? Dig a hole through that's about five feet across and even big Marambe can squeeze through.

    "Regardless of how we approach this, we need to know what those traps in the room are for. I'm up for using my telekinesis to set off some of the room's traps to try to figure out what they do. If that doesn't work, I can get my rat to run across the floor. Once we know that, I think we can form a definite plan of attack, whether that's trying to attract the golems and swarms to us, or if that's digging through the wall next to the door, or both, or something else entirely."

    Serafino uses a batch of Shapesand to create a collection of pitons, hammers them into the wall, and then creates a metal bar connecting all the pitons. Hopefully between the handholds carved into the wall and the pitons-bar, it will be really easy for people to get across the hallway without touching the ground traps. Serafino really doesn't want to set those off.

    If no one has any objections, Serafino will fly to just outside the doorway and use his TK to press down on one of the trapped floor panels near one of the golems in the back. If that doesn't work, the rat will be told to jump off the wheel and start running toward one of the golems in the back of the room.

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino uses his telekinetic powers to press down on one of the plates near the back of the room.

    For a few seconds nothing happens, then a supernatural darkness settles in the area - covering the pressed plate and every square surrounding it.

    Spoiler: Darkvision
    Show
    You can't see through the magical darkness with normal darkvision, you need something like See in Darkness to pierce it.
    Throw the dice high.

  4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show
    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O
    1 W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    2 W G. G. . . . . . . . . . G. G. W
    3 W G. G. . . . . . . . . . G. G. W
    4 W . . . . . . . . . . . . . W
    5 W , , , W
    6 W ? ? ? , , , W
    7 W ? ? ? ? ? , , , W
    8 W ? ? ? ? ? W
    9 W ? ? ? ? ? W
    10 W ? ? ? W
    11 W W
    12 W . . . . . . W
    13 W G. G. . . G. G. W
    14 W G. G. . . G. G. W
    15 W W W W W W w w W W W W
    16 W W W W W W w w W W W W
    17 W W W W W W W W W W W W
    18 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    19 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    20 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    21 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    22 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    23 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    W = Walls.
    . = Fire. Magical fire.
    , = Magical darkness.
    p = Ceiling collapse trap?
    ? = Wheel contraption. These maps don't make for pretty circles.

    M = Malog.
    Ma = Marambe.
    TT = Tsu-Tze.
    S = Serafino.

    G = Golem.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-11-28 at 05:40 PM.
    Throw the dice high.

  5. - Top - End - #245
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    "Unexpected. I was guessing fire would be the result of that," Serafino frowned at the results of his trap-triggering. "And if the whole area is eventually coated in darkness, that presumably the hostiles can operate in unimpeded, that will be just as ugly."

    Serafino reports the result of the test back to the others.

    "Alright guys, regardless of our final method of assault, we're gonna need an area clear of traps right before we enter the door. I'll start clearing a space for us. I'm still not nuts about going through that magic field in front of the door, but I can give it a shot if needed. Another option is to break through the walls beside the doorway.

    Serafino goes to start disabling the hallway floor traps right before the entrance to the room.
    Spoiler: Disable Device Roll
    Show
    Disable Device on traps G-15 throguh I-17: (1d20+31)[42]

    I'm assuming the magical field is on the line between rows 14 and 15. If the magical field is actually covering row 15, then the disabled traps would be for squares G-16 through I-18.

  6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tsu-Tse has been sitting, watching Serafino disable floor panels. He starts scratching in the floor with the new knife.

    Slowly, he sits up.

    I think, he says carefully. that we're looking at this all wrong. He shakes his head. All, all, wrong.

    He stands up. Ok, how about this?

    Malog, you take my rasp file and rip out the finished stone from that last sharp corner we passed. It's too tight a squeeze anyway. Maramabe, you take the stone chisels, and come with me back to the room where we hit that Shuggy thing. The one with all the stalactites and stagmites. That's the softest rock we've got around here, so easy to carve. We need lots of flat slabs, ten feet across, uh...
    he looks down. Maybe, six of your feet. But not more than six inches thick, that's going to be the hard bit. Serafino, you're on mud duty. We need to scoop out some of that soft silt from the Kraken pool, wash it, and bring it back to Malog. I'll mark out some good stone for Marambe, and then make mortar. We'll have Marambe's limestone, Malog's acid, and Serafino's softsand, so all we really need is sharpsand, which is what Malog's stone filings are for, and some water from the Kraken cave.

    Everyone take as many gobbos as they use. Serafino, I've seen that look of pain of your face every time you get wet or dusty, you might just drag a goblin under the water with your tele-whatsit, get them to scoop mud and then drag them back up - saves fussing over who can swim. Marambe, they're not as strong as you, but I'm betting they can measure and carry stuff, and it doesn't really matter if we break a few slabs. Malog, better if the gobbos fetch the water and do the mixing - I've seen what happens when water and you touch, and it's not good. And any unused gobbos can start making some music - work always go faster if you sing at it.

    That should give us all the parts we need.
    He strikes a pose. Wind totally fails to ruffle his air. And then, gentlemen, we're going to build a patio!

    See, I don't like the floor in there. None of us do. So we build our own. Pave over all the traps, build a walkway twenty feet wide to the wheel. Spread the weight over a big area and we might not set off any more traps, since they're designed to be flush with the ground. And even if we do, well, magic can't get through stone, can it? It can make the underside of our pavement as dark as it likes, but it shouldn't bother us topside.


    He looks around. Should take us an hour, maybe two, tops. What do you say?

  7. - Top - End - #247
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    "You, sir, are the very epitome of a dwarf," Serafino says with a bow. "Though my world was different than yours, dwarves there were inclined toward building, and they would have held you in highest esteem for such a constructive approach to the problem."

    "Let's try one thing first, and then, if it doesn't work, we'll build a patio."

    Serafino takes the Shapesand that was forming a handrail along the side of the passage way, and reforms it into a long rope with a loop at one end. A touch of TK sends the looped end down the hallway, through the doorway, and sets the loop over one of the wheel's handles so that when tugged the wheel will be turned in the proper direction.

    He hands the other end to Tsu-Tse.

    "Give that a pull if you will. See if that will turn it for us. If it is truly that simple, there's no need for extra work. If not, then it's time to build a patio."

  8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tsu-Tse shrugs, wraps the rope around his hands, and takes the strain on the rope, before gradually pulling harder. And harder. And harder.

    Spoiler: Checks
    Show
    Strength check (1d20+15)[22]

  9. - Top - End - #249
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Nodding, Malong would be going to do that, as well as directing some of the goblins to help break off edges and bits of the stone, as he would move what was asked for back.... granted, he thought the dwarf was asking for stone. Probably. He wasn't sure, but eh, as there was no charging and combat he wasn't that concerned.
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  10. - Top - End - #250
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    The shapesand, when thrown though the doorway, suddenly disperses like normal sand. After a short while it once more responds to your will when you try to shape it, however almost immediately it disperses once more.

    ...It's not going to be useful like this. The magical film covering the doorway keeps suppressing the magic of the sand.
    Throw the dice high.

  11. - Top - End - #251
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Marambe nods.

    'Alright you lot" he points to a selection Goboz "you're with me. Let's go carve some rocks."

    He then follows Tse-Tse to the Shoggoth room and dutifully begins breaking off chunks of stalagmite and wall, for the Goboz to work. Once enough stone has been collected, he starts working on the slabs himself as well.

  12. - Top - End - #252
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    The goblins respond with enthusiasm and excitement to the orders they are given, although as they work you notice some of them slowly calming down, a few even starting to look confused and uncertain. However, they are easily whipped back into enthusiasm with some fiery words of inspiration.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-11-29 at 03:46 PM.
    Throw the dice high.

  13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    A hour passes.

    Marambe's chisel provides a steady beat, as another slab falls from the where he's carved it from the living rock, into the waiting arms of a motely assortment of half a dozen goblins. Knees buckling slightly, they stagger off with their prize. A chorus of goblins are singing, slightly off key.

    <singing> We built this causeway...

    They stagger into the corridor. A base guitaur is thrumming from one direction, while from the other direction is the soothing rhythmic whooshing sound of Serafino alternately dunking and retrieving silt-gathering goblins.

    <singing> We built this causeway, with loads of stones!

    They awkwardly make their way past Malog, the steady rasp of file on stone, provided a backbeat, while below him, two goblins mix the mortar with dark elf femurs. The tone of the music changes, becoming more savage, more primal, as the base guitar gets louder.

    <singing> Let's build a patio of fire, baby
    Not one of wood but stone
    No golem will burn our walkway, baby
    Come on in and make it your home


    The emerge into the final hallway, now stumbling from side to side as they tire. They stagger wildly though the trapped corridor, following the marked path through the traps as much by luck as anything, before finally arriving at the guitarist. Tsu-Tse plays a final chord, as Serafino's eerie descant fades away, and he puts down the guitar. Reach out for the slab with one hand, he coats the edges thickly with mortar, and then carefully shoves it along the growing causeway, until it reaches the empty space next to the last slab, and drops neatly into place.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Yes, it's a patio-building montage. Tsu-Tse will be watching closely to see if it actually makes the work go faster.

    The first song is 'We built this city' by Jefferson
    The second is 'House of Fire' by Alice Cooper
    Last edited by Togo; 2019-11-29 at 04:58 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #254
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Spoiler: Trust Me. Play this while singing.
    Show


    Serafino winced at the goblins' response. It might be a reflection of the cave's opinion. Marambe's songs helped keep the goblins enthusiastic, he saw, so ...

    "The things I do. I hope the observers will find this entertaining," he mutters.

    He clears his throat and begins to work out the words. He could really use ZZ Top here, but this would have to do, at least it was the best he could do.

    He begins to chant and slowly work up a tune to the chant:

    Now, on the day I was born
    The clerics all gathered 'round
    And they gazed in wide wonder
    At the joy they had found
    The head shaman spoke up
    Said "leave this one alone"
    She could tell right away
    I was born toworka' stone

    Born toworka' stone
    Born toworka' stone
    B-b-b-b-b-b-b-born
    B-b-b-b-b-b-b-born
    B-b-b-b-b-b-b-born
    Born toworka' stone!

    I broke a thousand boulders
    Before I came here
    I'll crush a thousand more, gobbo
    Before I am through!

    Gonna build a mighty shield, baby
    Pavin' every spot here!
    I'm here to outwit magic
    I'm born toworka' stone

    Born toworka' stone
    B-b-b-b-b-b-b-born
    B-b-b-b-b-b-b-born
    B-b-b-b-b-b-b-born
    Born toworka' stone!


    I make a dwarf lord beg, yeah
    And I'll make a craftsman cry
    I'll make the magic moan
    And make a wizard squeal
    I gonna beat da' magic trap man
    Haul and pave it flat
    I'm here to pave da' cave

    I'm born toworka' stone
    B-b-b-b-b-b-b-born
    B-b-b-b-b-b-b-born
    B-b-b-b-b-b-b-born
    Born toworka' stone

    Now, when I walk the streets
    Kings and queens step aside
    Every gobbo I meet, heh heh
    They all intimidated
    I wanna pave ya, pretty cave-y
    What I see I'll make my own
    And I'm here to tell ya cave-y


    That I'm born toworka' stone
    Born toworka' stone
    B-b-b-b-b-b-b-born
    B-b-b-b-b-b-born
    B-b-b-b-b-b-born
    Whoo, born toworka' stone!

  15. - Top - End - #255
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    The party begins the process of sliding out their improvised patio into the room, covering up the pressure plates. As the new flooring slides out plates are triggered and start emitting darkness - but once the new floor is fully in place the sources of the emanations are covered up, and visibility is restored.

    A bridge has been created to the central wheel.
    Throw the dice high.

  16. - Top - End - #256
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Marambe gets ready to enter the room along with the rest of the party.

    He will stand in the middle of the patio and try to screen for Tsu-Tse and Serafino as they try to work out what to do the wheel.
    If any golems come close, Marambe will try to knock them back.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Move in with rest of party.
    Power attack for 1 this round, so knockback triggers.
    If any golems come close, AOO then.

  17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tsu-Tse takes a deep breath. And a drink. And another, just for luck. He looks around to make sure his companions are with him.

    They are. Time for a drink then. And another, just in case. And another deep breath.

    The plan involves pin point coordination, so they all cross over at the same time. Best have a drink then. And another.

    Everyone is in position. It's time. His bottle isn't empty. He finishes it off. There a bit left. Done.

    He eyes the target. His conviction, his purpose, is rock steady, even if wheel seems to be swaying about a fair bit. He's never descended quite this far into himself before. The universe has narrowed to him, and the target, with everything else subsiding into a dull hiss.

    Together with the others, he steps over the threshold, and makes a dash for the wheel.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Wait till everyone's ready. Have 8 drinks. Enter room. Dash for the wheel.

  18. - Top - End - #258
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino glances one last time at the golems standing in the corners, each engulfed in flames.

    Would the golems be triggering the traps? If he were the dungeon, and the golems had a way to see in the dark, that's exactly how he would set it up. Golems didn't have any sort of blind sight as far as he had ever read, though.

    So much to discover!

    "Ok, chums. I'll do my best to run interference while Tsu-Tse turns the wheel.

    He flies in with the others.

    If the golems all activate, he would try to intercept two of them. Malog would melt these things down in short order, Marambe would beat them into scrap pretty quickly. Serafino could at least occupy a couple golems. Just keep them off Tsu-Tse Q as the dwarf was turning the wheel.

  19. - Top - End - #259
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    For his part, Malog would shrug and follow along. He would amble along, ready to push the wheel... but if the golems attacked he would be ready for glorious battle!
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  20. - Top - End - #260
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    The party enters the room. As each person passes through the invisible screen across the doorway, any magical items they may be carrying are suppressed - though they recover quickly enough. The only exception being Tsu-Tze's elfine skull mug, which continues to brim with strong liquor without interruption.

    You reach the wheel... And the Golems stand still. They look rather intimidating. A few tense seconds pass, and then a wall of fire flares into existence along the south side, just as on the North side. At the same moment your patio starts to sink. The floor underneath it appears to have given way, and within seconds the slabs you carved disappear into molten rock.

    Underneath the floor is lava. The panels surrounding the ones that sank appear to extend all the way down into it, so the floor in here likely all sinks slowly when it goes, rather than just fall away.

    When the patio sank it happened slowly enough that you had time to take a move action. Please place yourselves on the map. You can stand on the wheel, although it's a little cramped for Marambe, causing him to have to squeeze and take a -4 on AC and attack rolls if he wants to be on the wheel.

    Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show
    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O
    1 W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    2 W G. G. . . . . . . . . . G. G. W
    3 W G. G. . . . . . . . . . G. G. W
    4 W . . . . . . . . . . . . . W
    5 W , , , W
    6 W ? ? ? , , , W
    7 W ? ? ? ? ? , , , W
    8 W ? ? ? ? ? W
    9 W ? ? ? ? ? W
    10 W ? ? TT ? W
    11 W S L L W
    12 W . . . . . . .L .L . . . . . W
    13 W G. G. . . . . .L -L . . . G. G. W
    14 W G. G. . . . . .L .L . . . G. G. W
    15 W W W W W W w w W W W W
    16 W W W W W W w w W W W W
    17 W W W W W W W W W W W W
    18 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    19 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    20 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    21 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    22 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    23 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    W = Walls.
    . = Fire. Magical fire.
    , = Magical darkness.
    p = Ceiling collapse trap?
    ? = Wheel contraption. These maps don't make for pretty circles.
    L = Floor missing, 10 feet down is lava.

    M = Malog.
    Ma = Marambe.
    TT = Tsu-Tze.
    S = Serafino.

    G = Golem.


    The eyes of the golems light up. The text on the plaque now reads "Die"

    Initiative:
    Serafino: (1d20+12)[26]
    Malog: (1d20+4)[15]
    Maramber: (1d20+7)[13]
    Tsu-Tze: (1d20-2)[2]

    Golems: (1d20-1)[17]
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2019-12-02 at 10:43 PM.
    Throw the dice high.

  21. - Top - End - #261
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    "If I weren't so impressed, I'd flat-scan this dungeon for how annoying it is," Serafino mutters.

    "I'll distract golems as best I can. I'll see if I can get them to focus on me. Hopefully they'll sink into the lava and slow them down. See if you guys can figure out how to turn the never-to-be-sufficiently-damned wheel."

    Serafino shakes off his collection of bats hanging on him and flies to the southwest golem (C-12) and stabs it with dagger before taking a 5' step back (to C-11).

    "Come at me, ya big can o' rust! Troll kids in my world make better lookin' robots."
    Spoiler: Actions and Rolls
    Show
    Tumble (auto-pass).
    Attack Defensively (-4 attack, +2 dodge bonus to AC) with Adamantine Dagger and Inspiration Point: (1d20+23)[33]
    Damage: (1d6+9)[11]
    Immune to fire (Fire-Souled).
    Island of Blades Stance - the creature will count as flanked as long as an ally and I are both just adjacent to it.
    AC is currently 37 with the defensive fighting. (10 + 4 armor + 8 dex + 12 natural + 3 dodge)
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-12-02 at 09:37 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #262
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino's jab connects, and seems to do damage to the golem. However, in the blistering heat of the fire, the scratch melts away within seconds.

    The golem steps up to Serafino. It does not attack, however, instead it shakes in place, and the swarm Serafino felt within emerges, abandoning the golem to engulf the vampire. Serafino takes (3d6)[14] damage as he is swarmed by the thumb sized, black wasps.

    The other golems stay still and the swarms within them do not emerge - for now.

    Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show
    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O
    1 W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    2 W G. G. . . . . . . . . . G. G. W
    3 W G. G. . . . . . . . . . G. G. W
    4 W . . . . . . . . . . . . . W
    5 W , , , W
    6 W ? ? ? , , , W
    7 W ? ? ? ? ? , , , W
    8 W ? ? ? ? ? W
    9 W ? ? ? ? ? W
    10 W s s ? ? TT ? W
    11 W s s S L L W
    12 W G. G. . . . . .L .L . . . . . W
    13 W G. G. . . . . .L -L . . . G. G. W
    14 W . . . . . . .L .L . . . G. G. W
    15 W W W W W W w w W W W W
    16 W W W W W W w w W W W W
    17 W W W W W W W W W W W W
    18 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    19 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    20 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    21 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    22 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    23 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    W = Walls.
    . = Fire. Magical fire.
    , = Magical darkness.
    p = Ceiling collapse trap?
    ? = Wheel contraption. These maps don't make for pretty circles.
    L = Floor missing, 10 feet down is lava.

    M = Malog.
    Ma = Marambe.
    TT = Tsu-Tze.
    S = Serafino.

    G = Golem.
    s = Swarm
    Throw the dice high.

  23. - Top - End - #263
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino winced at the stings of the creatures, but wasn't worried as his vampiric healing handled most of the damage. He spared a quick glance around to check that the other golems weren't moving, and decided he could deal with at least this swarm before trying to continue attracting the attention of the other golems.

    He swung his fists into the swarm, feeling the impacts merely knocking them aside rather than crushing. But the hit was all his power needed as he sucked life out of the swarm of hellish insects.

    "Any ideas why they aren't moving, guys? Are they waiting for the wheel to turn before they activate? I don't mind them waiting!

    Spoiler: Attack and move
    Show
    Attack, don't bother with defensive fighting this round.
    Attack with slam: (1d20+26)[37]
    Damage: (1d6+8)[9] and -3 levels and 57 life drained from them to me.

    Serafino has Fast Healing 8.

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tsu-Tse is troubled by the lack of furious combat, but that's not his problem just at the moment. He spits on his palms, squares his shoulders, puts both hands to one of the spokes from the wheel, and starts to push. Hard.

    After a certain amount of pushing. He could do with a drink. But he's had a lot already, and more of the same seems dull. He takes a swig from the elven skull cup.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Standard action
    Strength check to move the wheel. (1d20+23)[38]

    Move action (Drunken Master ability to drink as a move action)
    Drink from the elven skull cup

  25. - Top - End - #265
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Having moved over to the wheel on the opposite side of Tsu-Tse, Marambe too pushes the wheel with all his strength (and considerable weight).

    The giant ape isn't quite as strong as the drunken dwarf is right now, but it can't hurt to help.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

    str check - (1d20+11)[13]

    At the very least that should add +2 to Tsu-Tse's result, as per 'combining skill attempts' on the srd.

  26. - Top - End - #266
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Malog would do as Malog does, and follow the metal gorilla and the drunken dwarf, even as he would be pushing, a hand on the spoke behind them.

    Spoiler: Strength Check
    Show

    STR Check; (1d20+8)[24]
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  27. - Top - End - #267
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Tsu-Tze throws caution to the wind and gets down on the floor to turn the wheel, drawing on the power of alcohol to fuel his strength. He is quickly joined by Malog and Marambe. They push - and with a slow, mechanical grind, the wheel turns.

    The progress is slow but real. The three together are able to turn the wheel about a quarter of a rotation by pushing on three of the spokes. Except... the spoke that pointed to the South before you began hasn't moved.

    Marambe is also finding himself unable to push further without falling into the lava. He can very easily jump over the missing tiles, even with the low ceiling, but he can't walk over the hole and continue pushing. There's also the matter of the fire, which is starting to get a bit close.

    When Tsu-Tze takes a swig from the dungeon gifted mug, he feels the strengthening heat of strong liquor - and something else. He used his Wand of Mage Armor a while back, but he could have sworn that was dispelled when you entered the room...

    Feels the same. Still not hindering movement.

    As you push nothing happens to the floor you have walked on, but then, several seconds later the tiles you have touched erupt into flame, as high and fierce as the fires protecting the golems.

    It seems that as you rotate the wheel, the floor you walk on catches on fire.

    Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show
    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O
    1 W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W
    2 W . . . . . . . . . . . . . W
    3 W . . . . G. G. . G. G. . . . . W
    4 W . . . . G. G. . G. G. . . . . W
    5 W TT . . , , , W
    6 W . ? ? ? . , , , W
    7 W . ? ? ? ? ? M , , , W
    8 W . ? ? ? ? ? . . W
    9 W ? ? ? ? ? . . W
    10 W s s ? ? ? s Ma s Ma . W
    11 W s s S L L s Ma s Ma W
    12 W G. G. . . . . .L .L . . G. G. . W
    13 W G. G. . . . . .L .L . . G. G. . W
    14 W . . . . . . .L .L . . . . . W
    15 W W W W W W w w W W W W
    16 W W W W W W w w W W W W
    17 W W W W W W W W W W W W
    18 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    19 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    20 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    21 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    22 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    23 W W W W W W p p p W W W W W W
    W = Walls.
    . = Fire. Magical fire.
    , = Magical darkness.
    p = Ceiling collapse trap?
    ? = Wheel contraption. These maps don't make for pretty circles.
    L = Floor missing, 10 feet down is lava.

    M = Malog.
    Ma = Marambe.
    TT = Tsu-Tze.
    S = Serafino.

    G = Golem.
    s = Swarm.


    The Golem in the South East corner takes a step toward Marambe, and like its Western neighbour seconds before, it starts to shake in place, releasing a swarm of thumb sized, black wasps that immediately attacks Marambe, swarming him for (3d6)[9] damage, though his god gifted durability shields him from some of the damage.

    Meanwhile, Serafino too is swarmed for another (3d6)[10] damage, and it seems the swarm was not affected by his vampiric powers.

    In addition to the swarm, however, this turn he also finds himself the target of the golem that unleashed them.
    Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    The golem tries to slam into Serafino twice.
    Attack 1: (1d20)[1] (Plus an attack bonus the party does not yet know)
    Damage: (2d10+11)[13]
    Attack 2: (1d20)[9] (Plus an attack bonus the party does not yet know)
    Damage: (2d10+11)[24]


    The two Northern golems move but do not attack or release any wasps.

    The party may act.
    Throw the dice high.

  28. - Top - End - #268
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    Serafino growls in annoyance as the expected draining of energy doesn't happen. Apparently these swarms were immune to his ability. He had a few other options, but not many that were quick. Fortunately, he had allies.

    "Heads up, Malog. Activate that acid aura, and do your best to melt down these bugs! I'm gonna yank you over here!"

    He gives Malog a moment to prepare and takes the moment to move as quickly as he can toward the golem nearest Tsu-Tse, not bothering to stop, instead just running into the golem. Hopefully that will catch its attention.

    "Hey there ugly piece of walking scrap. Come on, take a swing at me!"

    Then he yanks Malog with all his mental ability. Serafino exerts a powerful telekinetic thrust rather than a smooth lift. Malog might get a few bumps from this, but he seemed to heal up pretty well.

    Spoiler: Movement and Actions and Rolls
    Show
    Movement: moves to F-4, but can't and so just runs into the golem and ends up in E-5.
    Standard action: Telekinesis, violent thrust maneuver on Malog to throw him at C-12.

    If Malog is 300 lbs, he will deal 12d6 damage to whatever he hits - the Golem.
    (12d6)[37]
    Malog will take 1d6 damage: (1d6)[5]

    Malog can't share a space with the golem, so he'll wind up in D-11 where his Acid Nimbus will hopefully nail both the golem and the swarm.

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    At the vampires urging, Malog would indeed take the moment to focus, as acid and foulness would seep out of little cracks in his armor, a miasma that smelled like fermented corpses... and thankfully stopped before it got very far away from him. So, as he would be yanked out in the air, he would bellow, sounding joyous and rather enthusiastic overall.. "[Abyssal]Come little ones, share the blessings of the grandfather!"
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Raid Bosses

    The damage the swarm did to the giant metal ape is automagically repaired in seconds.

    Marambe leans his back into the spokes pointing South, securing himself by wrapping his arms around them, and then pushes his feet into the ceiling with all his strength to attempt to move the spokes further along.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Marambe will try to push both spokes.
    If he finds he can't, he'll try to only move the spoke that was already pointing south (i.e. the one that hadn't move yet), if he still has actions left to do that.

    strength check - (1d20+11)[24]

    Not entirely sure what else is needed to push along the ceiling.
    For now, here is a break check against the ceiling, just in case that comes up:
    break check - (1d20+23)[31]
    And a climb
    climb - (1d20+21)[33]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •