New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The 50-State Initiative IC

Melissa watched the continued exchange passively and did not engage further. While it was a relief to have that bit of bad business over with, it did make her question the temperament of Tim. She was sure he was close to a Hulk Gamma-meltdown, especially if he had really been augmented with a perfected Ogre Serum. Mimi slowly let her grip release from where she had been clutching her submachine gun for a feeling of safety. She kept up with the group passively with her arms slightly crossed, her eyes taking in the area and equipment.

The other two seemed to be level-headed enough, except for a residual hero worship of Captain America. Sure, Mimi had loved Captain America growing up too but the man was a terrorist now and she was sure the program didn't want that kind of talk- especially in front of the cameras. Most super-powered individuals would naturally take that approach. The kid, and Tim was right he was a kid, was naturally the most pro-Stark position, too young to really question things much yet she figured.

The stoic woman did feel a twinge of guilt for what she said when Lee told the story of his sister. She'd lost someone back then too, a Firefighter, a friend of hers charged into a collapsing building but he couldn't save everybody, nor himself. Damn aliens. Present company excluded, of course.

"Hey, I'm not good at this sort of thing so sorry about getting on your case before. Long flight. Firefighters are the best of us. I look forward to working with all of you." Mimi took the opportunity to say after Lee introduced Scarlett and Vincent, nodding to both of them as she finished speaking. Despite her misgivings, it didn't look so bad in here, but she was sure it'd be up to them to do the sprucing. She suspected she wasn't alone in thinking that the worst part of living here would be getting to know quite the surly crowd.
    Last edited by Deja Who?; 2019-10-15 at 02:08 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Tim had been offering the hand to Lee. When Harley tried to slap it away, it was like trying to slap away a brick wall. It wasn’t happening. Tim gave Lee’s hand a shake and nodded. “Alright then… sorry ya’ll.” He still wasn’t happy with this arrangement, but he wanted to do something good, so for now he’d put up with it.

For now.

He stepped into the elevator and leaned back against the wall. He still looked comfortable, despite the confrontation. To Harley he said, “No offense meant to you, Keener.” He was trying to extend an olive branch without arguing more. The kid hadn’t lived his life yet. He just didn’t know. He threw out numbers… but there was one he didn’t know that Tim knew by heart.

343 homicides in Baltimore last year. It was a higher body count than all of Harley’s examples put together. It was easy to focus on alien invasions, Sakovia, etc. But blood was spilled in the streets every day and Tim wasn’t going to be helping if he’s stuck here. It was a discussion for later, because otherwise the argument would just keep going.

He followed along inside the dank corridor. Yeah, they really spared no expense here. They made it into the main room, and Tim found himself focused on the feed of police reports. Well… that seemed like something he could use. “Yo Lee,” he asked, tone friendly in fact. Lee probably tensed up anyway, but what followed wasn’t argumentative. “Your trainin’ facilities… got anywhere someone like me could work out? Dumbells don’t cut it no more.”

The question, mostly idle for right now, was put on the back burner as they were introduced to the support staff. Scarlett immediately jumped to the top of his favorite people list. Tim grinned and offered his hand to her. “Tim. Nice to meet ya.”

Vincent got a smirk.

Then came the codename. He wasn’t sure how he thought of it. “Sounds like it's from Game of Thrones.” It wasn’t a diss, he just scratched his chin. “I feel like… it works if ya think of it like a wrestlin’ stable. Ya know, like The Bullet Club or The Four Horsemen.” Besides, Tim thought if they were going to use a Game of Thrones name, might as well be the White Walkers. Zhanty Cantpronouncicus looked kind of like one anyway. “But if ya’ll like Bannermen, it’s cool with me. I ain’t ever been good at namin’ stuff.”
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Jamie Madrox

Nice place. Nothing fancy but Jamie could work with that. He was interested to see what all this would entail and how strict some of the rules would be. "When do we start boss?" he asks after their team name is announced, figuring that marked the end of the tour.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Frost
    No conditions

Zhanty is constantly amazed by the ingenuity of humans and the gadgets they make because most of them do not know magic.

"Hellu Scerlett und Fincent."

As she wanders around looking at the things.

"Buonnermeen? Cerry zee flegs und stuond beck ve vuould. Fonguord ve shuould be. Furst intu bettle"

Spoiler: Translation
    Show
    Bannermen? We would stand in the back and carry the flags. We should be the Vanguard, the first into battle.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Vector Mk. III
    Hero Points: 1 of 1 | Conditions: None.

As MacAllister made a half hearted ... something to Harley, he shrugged and turned his back on the larger man with a muttered, "What ever man." That was the problem with some people, is they got so blinded by their own bias that they couldn't see reason, even when spelled out for them. And to compound the fact, both MacAllister and Lee treated him like he wasn't even there. Great, he thought to himself, so I am the tech prodigy, and if it doesn't relate to that my team is going to ignore me. He shook his head and continued to follow Lee, making note to do some research on Lorena Lee when he got some down time.

His mood brightened visually when being introduced to the support staff, he nodded to Burgess, smiled, Mission Ops, nice. "Hey, Harley Keener," he shook the woman's hand. "Love to see your specs at some point," some color may have rushed to his cheeks as he realized how that may have come across, "the, uhh, network specs. See if we can't optomize them," he stammered. Shook his head, Great job, Keener, he mentally chided himself. Now you are drooling over the red head, and there is a half naked blue elf standing behind you, judging you, real smooth!

Thankfully Gere saved him. "A Quinjet, rad! What's the thrust:weight ratio and ...," he started to cycle through various flight characteristics, trying to configure the vehicle in his mind with the perfect thrust, to fuel, to operating range he could configure. "Err, yea," he nodded, "I'd love to pull back the hood on that one when you got the time."
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2019-10-16 at 07:04 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Lee blinks slowly, processing their confusion over the name. "N-no, you see, the Bannermen was chosen because of Maryland's history - The Star-Spangled Banner was written in Baltimore during the War of 1812. So the marketing types figured that a name appealing to the state's history would help establish rapport with the civilian population." He glanced between them, looking for a sign that any single one of them was catching what he was talking about.

"Uhh... Anyhow." Lee pinches the bridge of his nose. "The training center has a full range of programs to help you learn about a range of subjects from emergency response to first aid to law and order. They've even got language modules if you want to brush up on your second or third language. The gym is rated for enhanced individuals, so it should be able to give each of you a sufficient workout."

He turns to Madrox, "We're going to give you a few days to get acclimated to the facility before officially activating you for your normal duties."

Meanwhile, Scarlett clears her throat at Harley's gaffe. Given he's about ten years younger than her, that came off less than endearing. "My network is sufficiently optimized, thanks." She replies coolly, before addressing the rest of the team. "There's a great bar right off campus, let's get drinks sometime! Friday is karaoke night!"

Vincent chuckles good-naturedly at Harley's enthusiasm, pulling out a small datapad with the jet's schematics. "This is a cutting-edge model donated from the Avenger's fleet of Stark-enhanced quinjets. Some teams are having to settle for the older SHIELD models, but we've got the best of the best."

Lee smiles, nodding to himself. "Welcome to the Bannermen, team. You're all dismissed."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Frost
    No conditions

Zhanty does not know much of the context that Lee is mentioning for the explanation behind the name Bannermen. She goes to the training center to learn a quick bit of American History so she can understand what was said.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    She would currently have negative ranks in Earth History if that was possible.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Bannermen. Great." Melissa muttered to herself as the team started to disperse. Before they could get very far, Mimi addressed the group obliquely.

"So.. what were you all selected for? It's important know what each of you can do to make for an effective team. You can probably guess from my inconspicuous backpack what I can do." She continued, "The government has about half-a-dozen of these things laying around and not many folks can utilize it without getting hurt." Mimi kinda made a weird expression, "I only know one other guy who can do it and he's not exactly on speaking terms with the U.S. Government.”

“So you get me.”

"Advanced scout and rescue. I was also in S.H.I.E.L.D. for a while before saying that could get you put on some kind of watch-list." She looked over at David and Jamie Maddox, her gaze accidentally making direct eye contact with Jamie- something she hadn't done with any of them yet. "Probably a few more of you were former S.H.I.E.L.D. also." Mimi suggested, clearly putting David and Jamie in that same group.

We all know what a boon an Asgardisn can be.” She continues, clearly indicating Zhanty. ”..and of course having a hometown hero who was on the news is great for PR, we all know what you're capable of." She added, glancing Tim's way and letting her gaze linger on some of his more defined muscular features. Okay, make no mistake he was an attractive man, but she couldn't let that distract her. "But why can do you do those things?" HYDRA, probably.

"And you, Mr. Harley Keener. You obviously aren't merely tech support or you would have met us here and not out front. You must be some serious anomalies to be here with the rest of us. Too young to be here, out of your depth, and an obvious STARK boy?" She frowned at him. "No need to be shy about it; you're Spider-Man, aren't you?"
    Last edited by Deja Who?; 2019-10-21 at 06:07 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Inhuman - Dave Staranson
    Conditions:
    Relevant Active Powers:
    Hero Points: 1/1

"Fellow SHIELD high-five? I got recruited after the Triskelion incident, but always heard people talk about how great it was before. But it never made sense to me how you could be spies when you owned so much flashy real estate?"

Dave holds up his hand and a cloud of silver-white mist runs out of his sleeve and into the air, forming a disk about a foot across.

"I make walls, I make clouds and I turn people to stone. I'm up for a fight, but I'll be spending most of it behind the hometown hero; I'm delicate.

----
    Reference for people who didn't watch agents of shield. Between Winter Soldier and now a tonne of Terrigen got dumped in the oceans. Through the food chain (fish tacos, cod liver oil capsules, etc.) people with latent inhuman DNA are getting cocooned in stone, then coming back out of it with super powers. It's been about 9 months I think, we're at the Senators denouncing the mutan-I mean, Inhuman threat, and organised vigilante groups starting to show up.

Also Coulson's alive and Fury made him SHIELD Director. He runs it out of an old SSR base and he has a robot arm.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

So she had the Falcon’s backpack. Did everyone think that even saying Sam Wilson or Steve Rogers was going to cause an army battalion to show up? It was good to know that someone in this bunch could fly. All superhero teams needed someone that could fly, right? She was also a real agent, but so was almost everyone else on this team minus… Zh—Zh---Zhanty? Tim sat back and let people say what they wanted to say about themselves… but when asked a question, he answered.

“But why can you do those things?”

He shrugged at Melissa. “I dunno. I ain’t ever had some strange chemical spill on me. I ain’t ever been around a buncha radiation. Ain’t ever been experimented on in a lab. No secret drugs that I take. No magic, no alien abductions. My parents sure as sh*t ain’t gods, so I don’t think I’m a god. Never had a big ole cocoon grow around me.”

“I just had ‘em one day. I think I was just born like this.”

He looked over to Dave. “Hide behind me all ya want. I’m bullet-proof when I wanna be.”
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41

OrcBarbarianGuy

Chapter 1
    Paul Dirac Positron Research Institute
    College Park, Maryland
    1344 Hours, 10/3/2016

The lights flickered overhead as Dr. Iris Monterrey trotted down the hallways of the institute towards the primary applied sciences lab. A weird humming filled the air and rattled the fillings in her teeth with each step she took closer to the source of the bizarre phenomenon. Some primal part of her brain was screaming at her to turn and go the other way, but she couldn’t help but continue forward. She burst through the doors to the lab only to be forced to a halt, shielding her light from the crackling bursts of light emanating from within the containment unit.

“Somebody talk to me!” She barked over the noise, the humming now risen to a rumbling that shook her very bones. Looking at the back of her arm, she saw the hairs had all risen on end.

One of the senior technicians ran over, his skin so pale it looked almost translucent. “Chief,” He breathed, shuddering uncontrollably, “We’ve lost control, the readings… They’re off the charts now.”

“What happened?” She demanded, pushing him out of the way and staring at the light with mounting horror.

He shakes his head. “One of the junior researchers was… Was testing a series of gamma isotopes. It was a standard experimental protocol, part of the tests outlined by Dr. Watkins. But something happened, the reseacher was blown halfway across the room…” He turns towards the unfortunate soul, reduced to a bubbling mass of tar smeared across the floor.

Monterrey covered her mouth for a moment, nausea taking over. “Where’s Dr. Watkins now?” She asked after a moment.

“He… Went to go and try to shut off the main feed source.” The technician replied. Behind him, the containment unit rumbled louder, the glass portholes cracking suddenly.

Monterrey swore under her breath, running to the wall and pulling the fire alarm and signaling a general evacuation. “We need to get as many people out of here as we can.”

---

Bannermen Situation Room
    Annapolis, Maryland
    1415 Hours, 10/3/2016

An alarm sounded through the Bannermen apartments and their subterranean facility, gathering the team together, such as it was. Harley Keener, Codename Vector, had been forced off the team after a controversial decision by the higher-ups regarding ownership of the Vector suit. In the end, he went off to join a Stark Industries internship provided by his benefactor.

The team gathered in the situation room, finding Lee in a grey jumpsuit and pulling on some sort of black body armor with gold trim. Scarlett was behind her desk, swiftly typing and pulling up satellite feeds, blueprints, and every other scrap of data she could find regarding the Paul Dirac Positron Research Institute.

“Gather up, Bannermen.” Lee announced as he pulled on a glove. “We have our first mission. Not too far from here, either. The Positron Research Institute in College Park is experiencing some sort of anomalous phenomenon that they report as being catastrophically dangerous to the surrounding area - which includes the nation’s capitol.”

“Boss, we won’t have live satellite coverage for another hour.” Scarlett reports in a terse tone, all business.

He nods back, holstering a sidearm. “Can’t rely on always having perfect data. We’re taking the Quinjet over, evacuating civilians, establishing a perimeter, and figuring out what the hell is going on.” He looks at the team. “Any questions?”

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Jamie: Agency

This was exciting. Finally a chance to see how this was going to go in practice. With effort, he keeps a straight face, resisting the urge to smile. "How is this going down? Are you just dropping us there and saying "go be super" or are we going to be assigned individual zones or tasks or whatever?"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Frost
    No conditions

Gu, ve shuould. Reedy, I im.

Spoiler: Translation.
    Show
    We should go. I am ready.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Roger that. I’ll do a sweep of the area once we’re in the proper air-space. We won’t need satellite coverage with me in the sky.
    Last edited by Deja Who?; 2019-10-21 at 10:29 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Only a few moments after the alarm began to sound, Tim rushed into the room at superhuman speed. The main delay was donning his gear. You see, when Tim was superheroing about before the Initiative, he just wore t-shirts, jerseys, and occasionally his wrestling ring gear. All of which were now hopelessly riddled with bullet-holes or half-burned. He needed something that would actually survive a mission, maybe. So before any suits were made, Tim handed in a drawing from PJ… what the boy thought his hero should look like.

Tim was wearing that suit. Black with blue racing stripes running down each leg and each one of the short sleeves. Tim’s arms were bare, showing off their tatted-up superhuman glory. A gold, Superman-style shield was big and bright on the chest.

He had a long red headband tied around his head, underneath his hair. Something Amelia gave him for luck once when he was younger. He never did any planned heroics without it.

“Just get me over there,” he said, ready to go. Whatever was happening down there, someone needed help, especially the people stuck in the positronic net… no wait… whatever it is.

Either way, he was on his way to the Quinjet without another word, giving Jamie a fist-bump on the way out.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Inhuman - Dave Staranson
    Conditions:
    Relevant Active Powers:

Dave is in a suped up Initiative uniform, dark blue with gold and green accents, a chunky belt intentionally reminiscent of Batman's utility belt, and a jetpack. Nowhere near the wingsuit's capabilities, more Starship Troopers jump-jets.

The Bannermen's State Senate-approved logo sits on his right uppwr arm with the words 50 States Initiative in a curved patch on either shoulder. Epaulettes with the letter G and his ID number (0007 - he was the last arrive and didn't get bumped up when Keener left) complete the look.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2019-10-22 at 02:34 AM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

17. - Top - End - #47

OrcBarbarianGuy

Lee shakes his head as he regards Jamie with a steely gaze. “Negative. I’ll be dropping into the area with you and calling the shots from the ground, in the thick of it side by side with the rest of you. We’re a team, no matter what.” He pauses, glancing around the room. “We have no idea what exactly we’re walking into, which isn’t exactly ideal for our first mission… But it doesn’t matter. Keep a cool head, follow orders, and we will save lives today.” He walks passed them, heading towards the hangar at a brisk pace. “Let’s head out.”

Falling in behind the government-appointed leader, the team jogs out into the hangar, where the quinjet is already ready to go, engines roaring in the confined area. The ramp descends so they can clamber aboard, giving them barely enough time to strap in before Vincent hits the throttle and begins ascending towards the ceiling.

“Alright boys and girls, let’s all play nice today.” Vincent says, opening the hangar bay doors. Sunlight streams in from above as the massive doors open, making a wide berth for the quinjet to rise up and over the city of Annapolis. “Hang on, kids, this is going to be a bumpy ride.” With that he switches to forward thrust, accelerating hard enough to slam anyone not prepared back into their seats.

Their communicator’s crackle to life in their ears as Scarlett chimes in. “Hey team, I’ll be orienting you from the situation room. The research institute reported that the anomaly is occurring in their primary lab on the north side of the facility. We’re beginning to detect signs of gamma radiation, so I’ve tweaked your bio-readings to warn me if you begin to hit hazardous radiation levels. If you get a buzz from me, that means you have to extract yourself pronto, unless you want to see if you become the next Hulk… Or a pile of irradiated ooze.”

“ETA to target, 10 minutes.” Vincent’s voice crackles over the radios. “Confirm launch site is cleared, PeeDee actual.” He banks slightly, shooting the Quinjet on a southwest trajectory. “Roger that.”

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Frost
    No conditions

As they board the jet Zhanty utters an incantation to a spell she has not had a reason to use since her arrival on earth. Starting at the tips of her fingers and toes and finishing at the top of her head her body begins to turn completely into living ice.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Activating Ice Form

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Tim gripped onto whatever railing was available and didn’t have a hard time hanging on as the Quinjet screamed forward into the sky. Tim had never gotten close to radiation before, not really… but he knew he could survive things that normal humans could not. So when Red gave them the warning about the gamma radiation, he looked at Lee.

“Yo Lee… lemme go in the lab. I can take the radiation. No one else has gotta risk it… and maybe I can get someone out alive.”

It went back to Lee’s sister… if a normal first responder had to go near that building, they’d die… whether it’s not or in a decade. And though Tim wasn’t positive he could be completely immune… well.. he was the best bet, wasn’t he?

And also... elf-lady was now ice-lady. Cool.
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2019-10-23 at 01:05 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Inhuman - Dave Staranson
    Conditions:
    Relevant Active Powers:

"So, are you made of ice or covered in ice?

21. - Top - End - #51

OrcBarbarianGuy

Lee walks to the cockpit of the quinjet, watching the clouds race by. “I’m more than aware of your strengths, Aegis. Trust me to know how best to use them.” He turns back to face the super-powered hero, his lips quirking into his trademark humorless smile. “Thankfully we’re in agreement this time.”

After a few minutes, the quinjet lurches as Vincent begins to descend towards the research institute. Lee clambers to the back of the quinjet, slapping a button to lower the ramp. A roaring gust of wind buffets the interior of the jet, almost deafening in its intensity. Lee hits the communicator on his wrist, his voice coming in through their earpieces. “Songbird, you will perform aerial recon of the facility. That facility is rated to contain the radiation, but you should be able to pick up any leaks through your thermal imaging.”

He walks towards where the team is strapped in, holding onto a strap hanging from the ceiling of the quinjet. “Agency, I want you to create three duplicates. Two with me, two with Aegis.” He says quickly, barking orders. “Aegis, you will punch a hole through the facility straight to the primary lab. I want to create the most direct path to the primary lab so we can direct evacuees out the fastest way possible. When you get to the primary lab, report on what you find. Agency, your two duplicates will then evacuate anyone still left in the lab.”

“Frost, Inhuman, I want you to begin setting up as many barriers as you can around the primary lab. If there’s some chain reaction or explosion, I want at least some sort of shield between that building and the surrounding area blocking irradiated materials from flying all over the place.” He says to the final two members of the team. “Frost, be ready to go into the primary lab if it’s in the process of some sort of meltdown where your powers could help delay or prevent a total catastrophic failure.”

He is silent for a moment before making eye contact with each of them, saying, “We’re going to save the day. It’s cliched to say, I know, but we need to believe it, or the people down there will see it on our faces that we don’t. We can save the day.”

The quinjet touches down outside the research institute, alarms blaring as the team dashes out onto the front lawn. Scientists, technicians, and other staff are running away in blind panic, trying to put as much distance between themselves and the facility as they can, shepherded by firefighters and police. “Alright, Aegis,” Lee turns to Tim with a grim expression. “Go for it.”

Lee hits his communicator again, broadcasting to all local receivers: “All nonessential personnel clear the area. The Bannermen have arrived.”

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Agency

Jamie smiles after receiving his instructions and then scans his team, ending on Mimi and giving her a wink. "Let's show the world what us aliens can really do."

He then proceeds to make his dupes. Over the next several seconds, three more Agency appear. One with blonde hair, one with blue eyes and one seemingly identical. The blonde and blue haired ones immediately stand next to Tim.

Spoiler: Ooc and rolls
    Show
    If possible Jamie would have avoided showing off this talent to all but Tim until now.

Rolls for loyalty (Assuming I will be told if there are issues since I still am not sure entirely the scale.)
    (1d20)[6]
    (1d20)[5]
    (1d20)[4]
    (1d20)[1] ignore (only 3)

Quirk rolls:
    (1d20)[3] Blue Eyes
    (1d20)[8] Russian Accent
    (1d20)[1] Blonde Hair
    (1d20)[19] ignore

Last edited by gac3; 2019-10-23 at 02:37 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Play nice," Mimi audibly scoffed, but didn't say much more before climbing aboard the Quinjet. She'd been calibrating her suit when the alarm sounded but it looked as fresh as ever, black and white with the design on the chest looking like snowy mountains. She hadn't spoken to the rest of the team since the spat earlier, but she hoped these putzs could handle a search and rescue. This was her specialty.

"Gamma Radiation?" Melissa questioned with a twinge of worry.

The serum she took had been given select burst of Gamma Exposure, but it wasn't like she'd ever taken a full blast of it before. She wasn't sure what that would do to her. Her eyes flickered over to Tim for a moment. Well now, if he was charging straight in there now was her chance to see how his mutation reacted to possibly further radiation. But she couldn't dwell much on it before her attention was diverted by Zhanty. Cool, literally, but no reaction was visible on her face.

Melissa sat quietly like a good soldier and nodded at her orders, only itching to spread her wings for the first time in what seemed like forever. When the time was right she unhooked her seat and ran for the open exist as the Quinjet hovered in preparation for a landing. As she hit the open air she closed her eyes and let herself enjoy the drop for a few precious extra moments before the impressive wings of the EXO-7 FALCON burst forth. Within seconds she was flying down close to the building, her eyes peeled for any signs as her visor cycled through different visions before settling on infrared.

"Giving the location a fly-by, roger."

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception Skill Roll (First of the Game!)

(1d20)[13]+8

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Inhuman - Dave Staranson
    Conditions: Normal
    Relevant Active Powers: Walls of Attilan, Flight, Immunity (Life Support, Crits)
    Dodge: 8 / Parry: 1 / Fort: 7 / Tough: 11 / Will: 7

Inhuman exits the quinjet and triggers his uniform's active systems. Control cables tighten around his legs and jets pop up and kick into life at his shoulders and lower back. Reminding himself not to be jealous of Songbird's wingsuit, he joins her in the air and once reaching his effective range, starts raising walls as instructed around the primary lab.

He calls Aegis on the communicator. "So I know you can run through walls, but just to check. These are halfway between steel and titanium, do I need to leave you an exit route or are you good?"

Spoiler: Walls of Attilan
    Show
    I remember I used to be good at maths, I got an A in my GCSE. I blame calculators.

Anyway, 4000sq ft for the primary lab. that's 64ft per side - ish. I can make 20ft diameter at a time. 1ft thick, 50ft high.

So it will take me 17 rounds, or 1 minute 42 seconds to completely surround the primary lab and put a roof on for good measure. At 1ft thick, giving it Toughness 13 (Impervious 6) for being over an inch thick. Hopefully it won't blow up before then.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2019-10-23 at 03:24 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

The second the ramp opened up, Tim came down off the ramp and moved out ahead of the rest of the group. Brown eyes watched the people fleeing. He’d seen that look so many times… cowering from gunshots outside the window, trapped beneath a car, terrified of a rampaging monster. Tim was never the one who fled from trouble. He ran to it.

Aegis focused his power into his muscles for speed and into what he conceptualized as his health. Those around him might feel a shift in pressure or a movement of the air as his body was flooded with super power. They’d never really seen him use his powers in person.

“Go for it.”

FWOOSH! Aegis blasted out from his position in an impossible sprint. He was in control of his speed, able to avoid panicking people and first responders without flattening someone. He did exactly what Lee told him and made for the closest part of the building. As his momentum brought him close to the building, he leaned forward and lowered his shoulder. His power shifted again. His speed greatly reduced but his forward power was amplified. Nothing could stand in the way as he burst into the building, tearing through the structure like it was made of tissue paper. And he just kept going forward towards the lab.

“Don’t worry ‘bout me!” He called to Inhuman over the comm, “You can seal me in… just leave a way for Jamie to get out with folks.” His words were punctuated by the sound of smashing and crashing over the comm.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dynamic array is allocated as follows: 9 points into Immunity. It will cover everything in Life Support except starvation and thirst. 6 points into Speed, at least until he gets to the facility. 240 mph.

Once he’s there, speed 6 gets shifted into Penetrating Burrowing 3.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Frost
    No conditions

While on the jet before they land Zhanty holds up a semi-transparent hand in response to Dave's question.

-----

After they land Zhanty skates out of the ship in some bizarre reversal of earthly norms, a humanoid made of ice skating on solid ground. She scouts the perimeter and makes a pass through any open parts of the facility before beginning an incantation to summon forth vast quantities of ice to reinforce the Walls of Attilan.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    1 mile of movement for scouting.
    Rank 16 create can add a 4 foot thick barrier of super ice to the outside of the walls that Inhuman just made.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Inhuman - Dave Staranson
    Conditions: Normal
    Relevant Active Powers: Walls of Attilan, Flight, Immunity (Life Support, Crits)
    Dodge: 8 / Parry: 1 / Fort: 7 / Tough: 11 / Will: 7

Inhuman briefly debates stopping as Frost outperforms him fourfold, but resists. Lee had bigger problems than his bruised ego. Instead, as fog rushes out from his arms into shimmering grey walls, he turns his attention to Agency's revelation.

"You know when you said you shoot things, I might have gone with the whole 'cloning myself' anecdote instead.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Jamie

Looking at Inhuman, Jamie shrugs and smiles. "Well okay. I can shoot a lot of things at once."

29. - Top - End - #59

OrcBarbarianGuy

Aegis & Agency: Aegis charges forward, smashing into the facility and punching a hole towards the primary lab. Concrete and metal bars fly apart in front of him as he smashes through one barrier after another, barely feeling the impact as he continues on his path. In his wake, Lee leads the four Agencies through clouds of dust into the facility, sending two after Aegis while the other two spread out to help him search for other evacuees.

“My name is Agent Lee, Department of Homeland Security! We’ve created a new path to safety, if anyone can hear me, come towards my voice! This path will lead you to safety!” Lee barks, clambering over pieces of concrete and slamming doors open to try and find any personnel who still need to be evacuated. He holds up his wrist to speak into the comm, admonishing Tim. “Aegis, we use codenames while on mission communications,” he reminds the stalwart hero.

Songbird: Soaring above the facility, Mimi detects that the rooftop of the primary lab is several magnitudes hotter than the surrounding facility. Whatever is going inside, it’s bad. She notices that there are several fires breaking out from rooftop AC units, transformers, satellite arrays, and other technical equipment that are suffering from the effects of the disaster. If left unchecked, the whole building might burst into flames.

Frost & Inhuman: Zhanty skates forward and scouts the perimeter of the primary lab. She notices immediately that the surrounding temperature is extremely hot, steam beginning to pop off from her surface. A bright light is shining from within the building, and the glass windows are beginning to melt and distort. Inhuman catches up on foot, beginning the process of erecting the Walls of Attilan to contain the lab.

Aegis & Agency: Tim slams through the final barrier, skidding to a halt inside the primary lab and immediately assaulted by a dense wall of hot air. Several computer stations are sparking, melting, or on fire, and there are several people strewn on the ground, motionless. Nearby he can see an older woman in a labcoat lying against the wall, her eyes closed.

At the center of the lab is a massive circular structure with mechanical components he doesn’t grasp the purpose of. It’s capped by a transparent dome, which appears to be containing a crackling lightning storm that surges against its container. Nearby, there’s a puddle of black goop from which green pseudopods are trying to grasp upwards.

The two Agencies follow him in, immediately under assault from the intense heat. They get the feeling they’re not going to be able to stay in there very long before they succumb to the elements as well.

As the two look around the lab and get a sense for their surroundings, the central containment unit makes a groaning noise, like the metallic structure is beginning to collapse.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Aegis paused only long enough to assess the situation. He pointed out the people he could see to Jamie, but kept focused on the massive structure and what was going on around it. Agency could probably do a better job of recapping, but Tim was asked to do it so he would give it his best.

“Hot in here, stuff is meltin’ or on fire. Big thing in the middle here with what it would look like if ya captured a thunderstorm, covered by a clear dome. There’s a puddle of black stuff here that looks alive, like its got tentacles,” he called out over the comms. He was clearly out of his depth with the machinery and he knew it.

Then he heard the containment groan and could see the places where it was starting to bulge. He shifted power into his sheer physical strength and rushed to the containment, pushing back against the pressure to try and hold it together. Sure, he didn’t know how any of this worked, but he wasn’t going to stand by and just watch it explode.

“This dome ain’t gone last long! It’s about to come apart. I’m gone try and hold it together.” he said as his concession to Lee, "I dunno how long I can keep it together. Any of ya'll got an idea?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Shifting dynamic array. Penetrating Burrowing becomes Power Lifting 6. Tim has effective Str 18 for lifting/feats of strength.
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2019-10-24 at 10:04 PM.