The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 77 of 77
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Deep Blue Sea [IC]

    The withered old creature in the tent freezes in place for a moment, his gills twitching in time with something only he can see. Then his head snaps to the left, and back to the right, his cataract shrouded bug-eyes scanning the crimson hues of the room with growing panic.

    "Wha... you're angry with me? B-but why? Why have y... No! NO! AAAUUGGGHH!"

    Filled with a stark and supernatural terror that his masters are displeased with him, he whirls around and swims frantically towards the entrance of the tent. And then a shank of coral sharp enough to punch through stone does the same thing to his lophiiform skull. He staggers wildly, tumbling into the side of the tent and doesn't stop there.

    ------------------------------------

    The sound of uncanny burbling can be heard from within the tent, which draws the attention of the slaves and all four of the captors outside. There is a morbid curiosity in what happens next, as the tent grows a strange bulge before the entire thing collapses upon two figures. And with a snap of rending claws, a withered old bug-eye pokes his head out of the tent and runs away screaming like a madman.

    Dragging the tent behind him, his words sound like an unholy cacophony of gibbering and bubbles. But Leaf understands every terrified utterance.

    "AAUUUOOGGHGHH They are angered! Displeased! What have I done wrong?!"

    That was as good a time as any to sound the charge, and with the hulking goliath in the lead the group outside the camp jumps and swims towards the remaining bug-eyes and their slaves howling bloody murder of their own. The pale skinned captors glance at each other nervously, spinning around with spears in grasp entirely unsure of what in the hell is going on or which threat they should be facing.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Combat has officially started. Everyone post your attacks with advantage during the first round because the ruse was successful and the bad guys are seriously "WTF?"
    Last edited by Incendax; 2019-10-20 at 05:59 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2016

    Default Re: Deep Blue Sea [IC]

    Orlaf let’s out a howl of rage as the image he’s picture time and again promises to be real seconds from now. He picks out a particularly buggy Bug-eye and charges straight at him, raising his axe and bringing it down with his full brunt.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    AC with shield: 17

    Activate Rage, bonus action, lasts 10 rounds
    Effect: +2 damage on STR damage rolls, resist (bludg, pierce, slash), advantage on STR check and saves.

    (1d20+5)[21] - attack
    (1d20+5)[7] - advantage
    (1d8+7)[10] - damage



  3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Catalonia

    Default Re: Deep Blue Sea [IC]

    Vandas, sword in one hand, shield in the other, falls in step right behind Orlaf.

    Spoiler: EDIT:
    Show
    Took so long to write the reply that stuff happened while I had the window open; I'm gonna add the rest now.


    They charge at another creature, hoping that the less sturdy captives can help the more experienced fighters to take down the beasts. The coral blade rises and falls, trying to catch the thing between neck and shoulder.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I did the rolls in the ooc thread; reposting them here just in case: 12 to hit (worse one being 7), dealing 10 damage on a hit
    Last edited by BobMacBobson; 2019-10-20 at 08:05 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fighting Demons!

    Default Re: Deep Blue Sea [IC]

    Vanessa, unused to physical altercations, decides against trying for a battle cry. She does, however, rush in and attempt to smash a head in with her stick.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+5)[11]
    (1d20+5)[21]
    (2d6+3)[11] Two-handed Thwapping Stick.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Kansas City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Deep Blue Sea [IC]

    Smiling in glee, Atulg relishes the chaos of combat and positions himself behind a coral tree. He steps out and points to one of the bug eye monsters. Bells fill the air as Atulg chants "To whom the bell tolls, it tolls for the dead"

    After he attacks, he withdraws behind the coral tree for protection.

    Spoiler: Toll the Dead and other pertinent info
    Show
    Atulg casts toll the dead

    It has a range of 60 feet. The target must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw(Spell Save DC = 13) or take damage

    If target is undamaged: (1d8)[6]
    If target is damaged: (1d12)[6]

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Deep Blue Sea [IC]

    The fantasy becomes real as Orlaf charges forward, bringing his axe down with such force that when the bug-eyed creature instinctively raises an arm to fend off the attack... the axe comes crashing down and severs it clean off, and keeps on going as it carves a furrow through the pale white flesh of his chest.

    It burbles in wailing pain, and Vandas steps in with a flashing swipe of his coral blade. It sinks into the flesh right where the head meets the neck, but the flesh seems to warp and wrap around the weapon in defiance of anatomy. The beast snaps itself back, jerking the weapon out of his hands...

    And stumbles right into the path of Vanessa and her overly large stick. A faint flash of natural magic scintillates along the length of it as it smooshes down through the head of the bug-eyed creature like it was butter. Armless, gutted, and with a caved in skull, the creature crumbles downward in a lifeless lump with a coral sword sticking out of it.

    The other slaves charge forward, lashing and stabbing out with their own spears and axes. THat brief moment of confusion proves vital as several bite deeply into your captors. It was a strange sight seeing a crowd of rag covered prisoners charging along the floor of the ocean, but trails of blood blossoming out into the water prove that these things can bleed just like you.

    Atulg quickly notices the cloud of blood, and summons forth his magic upon the wounded to hasten their passage from this world. The sound of the tolling resonates soundly through the water, carrying an ominous announcement to one bleeding bug-eye who whips his head around to glare daggers at Atulg even as it clutches its head in agony.

    And then they recover their composure, and with zealous cries that promised no retreat the wounded creatures circle the wagons and put their backs to each other. Two spears snap out with lightning precision, punching through the shoulder of one surly slave and another bites into the meat of Orlaf's thigh. The third continues clutching his head, before pointing a clawed hand towards Atulg and shrieking something.

    The withered old creature that ran off with the tent wrapped around him seems to regain his composure, glances around suspiciously for more admonishments from his god, and hears nothing. But he does hear the shriek of his parishioner. The figure rips and rends at the tent to free his claws and then raises them upwards - a fraction of a second later they come crashing down and a jet of scorching steam cascades down upon Atulg heedless of his tree.

    The other slaves hesitate with a mixture of complete confusion and fear, some of them clutching their large coral-chopping axes and building their courage, while others shrink back and try to avoid being seen as a threat.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Orlaf takes 5 Piercing. Rhaz (NPC) takes 5 Piercing. Atulg must make a DC12 Dexterity Save or take 8 steam damage.
    Last edited by Incendax; 2019-10-22 at 01:13 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2016

    Default Re: Deep Blue Sea [IC]

    The spear catches Orlaf in the thigh and a bloody mist begins to seep into the water next to him, though it's not as deep as it looked at first. Orlaf grins ferociously at the Bug-eye who cut him. "But you've never had someone my size crush you like the bug you are before, eh?"

    He spots a gap in the Bug-eye's defenses and lashes out for revenge.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    With resistance, Orlaf takes 2 damage (assuming I recall correctly that damage rounds down).

    Attack against the Bug-Eye that attacked me:

    (1d20+5)[17] - Attack
    (1d8+7)[12] - Damage w/ rage bonus



  8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Kansas City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Deep Blue Sea [IC]

    Feeling the hot steam come rushing down over him, Atulg let out groans/yell of agony as he almost fell to one knee.

    Clenching his fist,he wills himself on, pops out from the Coral tree and points at the old bugeye that had brought down that steam on him.

    "How weak is your God?

    For whom the bell tolls, it tolls for the pathetic worm!"


    Then Atulg hides behind the coral tree, hoping to stay upright if the old bugeye was brought down. Out of breath and in obvious pain

    Spoiler
    Show

    Toll the Dead
    60 feet
    Target undamaged: (1d6)[2]
    Target damaged: (1d12)[4]

    Relentless Endurance allows me to stay at 1 hp when I drop to 0 once per long rest
    Last edited by Stone-Ears; 2019-10-23 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Accidentally metagamed

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Deep Blue Sea [IC]

    Trembling Leaf on the Wind
    Tabaxi Terror Sorcerer
    AC: 16 HP: 8/8
    PP: 13 PIv: 9 PIs: 13
    Concentrating on: --
    Conditions: --

    Leaf is a bit surprised his idea worked out so well and decides more of the same seems like a good idea. So he uses his magic to reach out and incite more fear and paranoia in the bug eyed.... priest?

    Spoiler
    Show

    If possible it'd be nice if this gets resolved before Atulg's action so it's possible of use for their action.

    Mind Sliver against the priesty guy. (Leaf moves just as close as he needs to if he's not already close enough.)
    DC 13 Int save or take (1d6)[5] psychic damage and it subtracts a d4 from its next saving throw it makes before the end of my next turn.

    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-10-22 at 10:15 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fighting Demons!

    Default Re: Deep Blue Sea [IC]

    Focusing on the priest leader(?) Vanessa charges, if able to, and swings again with her stick.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+5)[15]
    (2d6+3)[9]
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Catalonia

    Default Re: Deep Blue Sea [IC]

    Vandas curses as the sword slips from their grasp. They take a moment to try to wrench it free, but amidst the fighting they barely manage to get a proper hold of it, much less get it back. Holding back a curse, they pull out their working hammer instead and turn to face their next foe. Better to fight with an improvised weapon than no weapon at all.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Deep Blue Sea [IC]

    The bug-eye that drew blood from Orlaf burbles questioningly as the hulking goliath towers above him and shouts down at him through the water. But his questions are promptly silenced as a huge coral axe reaches over the spear and cleaves his upper torso in two. The creature gawps there for a moment, and then slides off the blade and hits the ocean floor with a silent puff of silt.

    Trembling Leaf whispers into the water that sweet paranoia that slides like a knife into the mind of the withered old captor that called down the steam. It reels back once more, fearfully listening for the sounds of angry gods once more. It finds none, but that moment of self doubt allows the explosive tolling of sound to detonate right before his face.

    It stumbles back, screeching and clawing at it face - leaving his midsection wide open for Vanessa's crashing staff. A ripple of water and copper blood blanches from his mouth, forced out by the impact and leaving him staggered and uncertain of his own victory.

    Then it lets forth an unsettling howl as its jaw widens, cracks, and widens even more. It seems to completely dislocate and gape open as it lunges hungrily towards Vanessa's face. She bats it aside with her staff at the last moment, but lightning fast it jerks its head around the other side and snaps. Teeth come an inch from her eyes, but she rocks back just in time.

    The remaining two captors weave and dodge around the thrusting spears and blades of the other prisoners, but the one armed dwarf chucks his hammer through the tides and clobbers one upside the head. It's enough of an opening for the older woman to bury her spear in his pale white shoulder. But in that same moment, it lashes out with its own spear and finds rippable flesh. Jumping on the opportunity, the other one thrusts his own spear into her bicep and wrenches it viciously.

    Shock floods her face, and a numb hand drops her spear as she sinks backwards... not quite falling but almost gracefully drifting downward with trails of red in her wake.

    Spoiler
    Show
    11 Piercing to Selma (NPC). Old Bug-Eye misses horribly. Nat 1 and 2!

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fighting Demons!

    Default Re: Deep Blue Sea [IC]

    Vanessa lets out an Eep! of terror, but stays focused on helping the situation. She continues her attacks, moving on to a new target if her current focus is felled before she can react.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+5)[23]
    (2d6+3)[7]
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Kansas City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Deep Blue Sea [IC]

    Still in excruciating pain, Atulg catches his breath and gathers his hatred and ill-will.

    He steps out from the tree and pours his malice into his bells of death.

    If old bugeye drops before he can finish his utterance, Atulg will swiftly point to the remaining targets if they are alive as well

    Then he retreats to the comfort of his coral tree

    Spoiler
    Show
    Toll the dead
    13 DC against WIS
    60 ft

    Undamaged target: (1d8)[3]
    Damaged target: (1d12)[3]


  15. - Top - End - #75
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2016

    Default Re: Deep Blue Sea [IC]

    Orlaf quickly steps between the old woman’s body and her attackers, letting out a deep, guttural roar while bashing the flat of his axe on his shield.

    “You will not find me so easy to fell. I am going to slice you piece by piece until you would fit in a fishmonger’s stall.”

    He lashes out fiercely at one of the spear-wielding Bug-eyes.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    This is round 3 of rage, after this there will be 7 rounds left. (Noting this to help me keep track)

    Attack: (1d20+5)[14]
    Damage w/rage bonus: (1d8+7)[13]


  16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Deep Blue Sea [IC]

    Trembling Leaf on the Wind
    Tabaxi Terror Sorcerer
    AC: 16 HP: 8/8
    PP: 13 PIv: 9 PIs: 13
    Concentrating on: --
    Conditions: --

    Seeing that this particular tactic seems to both work and apparently result in little threat to Leaf himself, he decides to cling to it for dear life and continue assaulting the priest's mind.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Same as before, wishing for this to ges resolved before Atulg's action.

    Mind Sliver against the priesty guy. (Leaf moves just as close as he needs to if he's not already close enough.)
    DC 13 Int save or take (1d6)[6] psychic damage and it subtracts a d4 from its next saving throw it makes before the end of my next turn.


  17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Catalonia

    Default Re: Deep Blue Sea [IC]

    Seeing that the group seems to have the fight under control, Vandas turns and swims over ot their fallen comrade, hoping to make it before the woman bleeds out. Putting their hands on her wound, he concentrates, pulling on the very last reserves of his divine power to at least staunch the bleeding. "Worry not, I think our comrades are holding the line. Stay back, for now, and try to recover your strength." After making sure Selma is stable and not in immediate danger, Vandas turns back towards the fight.

    Spoiler: LoH
    Show
    Lay on Hands for one last remaining hit point
    Last edited by BobMacBobson; 2019-10-24 at 09:56 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •