New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 40 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default The Frozen North: All Aboard!

Train travel is a staple of Northern life. It is the safest, though not always fastest, way of moving between the Five Cities and their outlying settlements. The great, steel behemoths of the Pre-War rumble along the ancient tracks, carrying ponies and supplies for a reasonable price. The train-ponies take pride in their work, and some who are born into it live their whole lives on the tracks. Yet for the rest of the Frozen North, the trains are merely effective transports, which they use for all manner of reasons.

“All aboard!” the conductor calls gruffly. The platform of the Rainbow Resort is almost deserted at this hour. The sun has set, so it is very, very cold, and the only light is from the lights softly flickering above. The conductor’s call signals that, if you aren’t already onboard, now is a good time. The train keeps its own time, and the ponies are all too ready to leave any stragglers out in the cold wind and darkness.

The rumble of the engine grows louder as it prepares to leave the station. Within five minutes, the Rainbow Resort, and everything that kept you there, will be left behind. For some, this is a welcome change. For others, it is difficult. Perhaps it is nothing special at all.

In addition to the five that will become the focus of this story, six people of different species shuffle aboard, bearing bags and other luggage with them. This particular train consists merely of a single engine, a passenger car, and a luggage car, which is fairly standard for a Northern train. It is expensive to keep the cars and engines maintained, after all. Inside the passenger car, another conductor stands guard, eyeing each passenger with an appraising eye, always on the lookout for trouble.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright everyone! Here we are, setting off on a new adventure. Time to give us those character descriptions and inner monologues as you get a chance to meet each other and a few NPCs. You'll all be in the same traincar, so that'll be fun. Just watch the tracks ahead.

Yes, there are several jokes to be made about railroading here, and I see the irony of starting a sandbox game on a train.
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2019-10-11 at 06:13 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: The Frozen North: All Aboard!

Doc stood on the station platform with a pensive look on his face and a train ticket folded under his scarf. Was this it? Just like that he was going to... oh heck, why shouldn't he run? She's dead, it's all gone, and Doc has no clues as to who done it. Get out and regroup elsewhere. He sighed, for Doc had no plan of action here and no friends he could turn to. He was far from home. Up a frozen creek and... well a paddle wouldn't help in a frozen creek, right?

Doc needed more relatable metaphors.

He walked up to the conductor and handed over his ticket to get hole-punched or whatever they did. Once accepted, Doc stepped on board and looked for a quiet seat somewhere. He sat down and felt the outside of his pack. He had some food, medical equipment, weapons that were wrapped up in a blanket... was this all he had right now? Damn, life came at you fast. He stuffed the gear under his seat and then wiped his blanket on the end of his scarf. He watched others climb on board.

Wait, what if one of them was responsible for the night before?
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-10-11 at 07:08 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

A charcoal pony in a matching khaki ushanka hat and overcoat ignores any offers of help with a rather large all black case carried diagonally across her back on her way to the train.

Not that many ponies offered a hoof in the first place. And she was thankful for it.

Really, Pepper Burst wanted to hide the fact she had wings folded up under the sleeping back draped across her back under the case. A casual observer would assume she was padding her back against the weight of her luggage, but it was all just a quick and cheap attempt to be more incognito. It seemed to have worked as she trotted on board the train without looking back, her expression a deadpan affair. Of course, anybody on board would realize she was a pegasus the moment she unloaded her cargo, but she cared more about having a (mobile) place to hole up in more than that particular recognition. The trains always leave on time, she told herself. The resort security wouldn't get here soon enough to tamper with that.

Of course, the deadpan but silently fretting pegasi doesn't realize she didn't bother to put her luggage into storage. It's now sitting next to her as if it were her traveling companion in the seat to her left. With the sleeping bag slipping, she twitches her wings but keeps them folded as she slouches down in her seat, forelegs stuffed in pockets, eyes dimly studying the carpet patterns rather than dart around suspiciously.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by tonberryking View Post
    It seemed to have worked as she trotted on board the train without looking back, her expression a deadpan affair.
    Doc glanced in her direction as she boarded. A charcoal mare, carrying lots of stuff. >.>

'Hmm, she's carrying a bit much if she were an assassin,' Doc thought to himself. 'Assuming whoever they were wanted to off me. They probably didn't or I'd be dead. Maybe they just wanted to drive me out of town? Reckon they might want to send someone to watch me in case I double back... nah, she's probably just a passenger. Kinda cute one. Wait, focus dummy. You're trying to keep your wits about you, not check out the passengers like that. Shoot, quit staring!'

He turned away from looking at the new passenger and instead pretended to fiddle with his jacket, ensure his pockets were secure.

Of course, anybody on board would realize she was a pegasus the moment she unloaded her cargo
    Second glance. 'Pegasus? Last night's incident was a... earth pony, wasn't it?' Doc thought to himself. 'Maybe you should introduce yourself? You could figure out her motivations if you talk to her. Yeah, that might help whittle down potential pasengers top be antagonists. Good plan.'

Doc cleared his throat. "Evening. You look loaded for a long adventure."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Two heavily clothed ponies stand on the station platform a comfortable distance away from the train. Not a single hair or eye exposed to the night air underneath the layers and layers. Their eyes covered by protective goggles. The short red jacket pony has a walking stick and a loaded backpack. The larger green jacket pony has a heavily stylized carved stone staff. The staff wouldn't be out-of-place at the prestigious local magic school. The two mares have been making quiet chit-chat since they've arrived. The conductor's final call causes a puff of condensation to billow up from the red pony.

Rime Verse, the short red pony, says apologetically, "I have to go or I'll miss my train."

The green pony convincingly says, "You should stay. There is plenty for you here."

"You know I can't. If I don't leave now I'll never get another chance."

"You can. I could really use your help."

Rime sorrily says, "I have to go." She looks towards the train.

The green pony steps forward and hugs the smaller red pony. "I love you."

A light blue magic holds the red pony's stick. Rime hugs the pony back. "I love you."

"You stay safe out there and make sure to come back to us."

"There isn't anything out there that I can't handle. You keep Dad and Mom out of trouble. I'll send mail."

The hug pulls apart. Rime grabs her walking stick out of the air.

The green pony teases, "I somehow don't doubt that you'll fill up our mailbox." She raises her head toward the train. "Go on."

Rime turns toward the train and walks with her stick. She looks back. "Good luck."

The two part while waving goodbye.

-

Rime hurries along before she misses the adventure. If the conductor asks her to show her ticket she will; otherwise, she will board the train. Underneath the better lighting, she is wearing arctic clothes. She has a nice warm poofy red jacket on. Rubber Boots. Clear goggles. A scarf. Her hood rim is fuzzy. Her walking stick isn't some piece of trash she picked up off the floor but it isn't anything special.

She looks towards the rumbling engine as if it is interesting. The seats in front of her seem to give her pause and she looks around. She decides to sit at one of the double seats and saves the second seat with her stuff so no one can sit next to her. She pulls back her hood, takes her goggles off, and unwraps her scarf. She is a unicorn. Her coat is white. Her mane is black. Her eyes are a light blue, almost a shade of gray.

Spoiler: Rime Verse
    Show

Her horn lights up and her tugs the rubber boots off her forelegs. Then, she pulls off the shoes underneath that. Then, one of her hoof warmers. Rime begins looking around the cabin and taking note of every pony. Very literally as she pulls out a book and pen from her bag with magic. She begins writing down everything as she looks around the room. Her staff in hoof while she levitates her writing instruments. She waits for the conductor to take away her bag.

Doc catches Rime's eye when he speaks. She watches him and takes notes. The pony he is talking to gains her attention as well. She looks Pepper Burst over and writes down some information.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    Doc catches Rime's eye when he speaks. She watches him and takes notes. The pony he is talking to gains her attention as well. She looks Pepper Burst over and writes down some information.
    "Uh, howdy?" Doc says, with some hesitation.

'She's taking notes? Why? Is she a spy? Reporter?' doc thinks to himself. 'Wait, maybe she's an investigator; I left the fire and didn't report it. Aww horseapples. Did I break the law leaving the crime scene? Or maybe, i'm a suspect? Why would the town suspect... but I'm new? Craaaap, and she's cute too. Buh, look away. It's gonna be fine. Just.... be smooth.'

He glances back, to check if she answers.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Pepper's green eyes twitch at Doc using the term "loaded", bringing her head up slowly. Up close, she has a faint, lighter blue sock about her face that stands out from the dark gray of her hide but her dour expression mars the effect.

"No, I'm just headed to the next town over because I like their grocery store better than the one across the block." she drawls, not feeling flattered by Doc's small talk, but at least unwilling to tell him to go screw. "Like my shopping cart?"

She finally removes the sleeping bag and bundles it around her ominous black case, as if it were cold, flexing her wings only slightly before leaning back in the seat, wishing the train would start already. It takes a moment before she realizes Doc may still be standing nearby. "And is bird watching a hobby of yours? You seem pretty good at it."
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2019-10-12 at 11:14 AM.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Rime transcribes what Doc said. Her magic hastily writing. "Hello, fellow passenger." Is he trying to brush her off? Her eyes narrow on him when he looks away and glances back. "It's a cold dark night to be traveling so lightly. You must have a story. What is your name? Do you often travel?"

She keeps an eye on the passengers as they move around and notes what they are doing, especially if they draw near. She isn't letting anyone sit with her. Her focus switches to Doc or Pepper when they talk. Pepper's shopping lines get filed into her journal. Her eyes focus in on the shopping cart when attention is drawn to it. Very interesting. She looks back to Pepper as she questions Doc.

9. - Top - End - #9

"And is bird watching a hobby of yours? You seem pretty good at it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    "It's a cold dark night to be traveling so lightly. You must have a story. What is your name? Do you often travel?"

"Ah, no, no... I'm just a bit perceptive," he answers, a sheepish expression on his face now. He looks away a moment to scratch behind his head. "Sorry for bein' rude there. Call me Doc, since I'm a doctor by trade and my friends back home aren't all that imaginative with nicknames."

He lifts a flap in his bundle to expose the medical symbol on the doctor's bag he has. He looks to the unicorn, replying, "I'm just traveling a bit, offering my services. Not much of a story really; I just go around and heal anyone who's got some caps for it. I make enough to get by."
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-10-12 at 12:01 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

10. - Top - End - #10

The conductor accepts everyone's tickets with a businesslike nod and ushers them towards their seats. "We'll be leaving shortly," he says, "Pillows and blankets will be provided for those who wish to sleep. The train will be travelling overnight, after all. Additionally, there are beds available, for an extra fifty caps."

The other seats begin to fill up with the other passengers. Towards the middle is an elderly unicorn with a well-kept mustache and an old-fashioned overcoat that has a single rip along the shoulder. He seems content to stare out the window for now. A little further up are two mares, a mother and her daughter, who are wrapped in coats and scarves. At the very back is a griffon ghoul, covering most of his form in a grey-white cloak, one that would blend well into the snow. At the very front is a young, fresh eyed colt with the biggest smile and shining eyes. He grips the seat's hoofrests and seems on the edge of squealing in excitement. And last is a a well-suited mare wearing a derby and sporting a jagged red line, like that on a business chart, as her cutie mark.

"This is my first train ride!" the colt declares to everyone, "I'm so excited! There's no way I can sleep!"

"Well," the ghoul mutters from the back, "There goes any hope of the rest of us sleeping."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

An angry mare wielding a rifle, looked around with shifty eyes.
    'Where is the damn house wrecker?! I want her head on stuffed on my wall! Anypony!?"
    She smelled the samned sugar powder and mint, but couldn't find the wretched thief!

-----

Trotting so softly, that might as well, floating, was a reindeer.
    A rare sight already, but her beauty was something beyond. Her coat was white as snow, and soft as dreams, with blue and silver patterns, and majestic antlers. Her limbs slim, long and elegant, and wore striped socks om her hind legs, and as she went into the train car everypony can smell sugar powder and mint. She wink at the conductor, naturally giving a random piece of paper.
    This reindeer has an accent, that make her even more diffrent in the scene.
    "The ticket quality isn't what it used to be. But at least the company k'here is!" she said cheerfully, and shamelessly added a peck, and with no luggage at all bounced cheerfully to take a seat.

"Why to sleep, when we can make this into a FESTIVAL?! A FESTIVAL OF THE FIRST TRAIN OF....' the reindeer happily agreed with the colt, amd looked at him, expecting him to give her his name.
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2019-10-12 at 04:59 PM.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    "This is my first train ride!" the colt declares to everyone, "I'm so excited! There's no way I can sleep!"
    Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    "Why to sleep, when we can make this into a FESTIVAL?!' the reindeer happily agreed with the colt.
    Doc glanced over at the colt, then the reindeer, then to the reindeer again, and finally closed his eyes a moment to blink. Oookay, d-did Doc commit some kind of atrocity and the cosmos was punishing him for it? He chanced a peek out of the corner of his eye again. Yep, that reindeer was real.

He was thinking he'd agree with the ghoul in the back. No one is sleeping tonight.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #13

The conductor makes as if to challenge Oddy, but cannot get the words out before she plants a peck on his cheek. His face brightens considerably and he forgets exactly what he was going to say. She gets on the train with no problem whatsoever, and the conductor's eyes follow her 'bouncing' with a stunned expression. He shakes his head and mutters to himself, "Uh, yeah. Tickets sure have...declined in..." He gulps and stares after her. "...Quality."

The colt blinks several times and gasps as Oddy approaches him. A massive smile comes across his face. "A FESTIVAL?!" he repeats, "Ooh! Ooh! What sort of festival?" He gasps. "A train festival!"

Pretty much everyone's eyes are on Oddy at the moment. The business-mare's eyes, however, are especially keen. They seem to be sizing her up.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

"EXACTLY!" the Oddy said happily, bouncing, without her slitted hooves touching the floor.
    "Come on everypony and deer!" she turn.
    "Wouldn't you wish, your first train ride was a festival too?! If only each of us would give or do a single thing, this will be a festival! Who can sing? Who can play an instr'ument?" she bounce toward every passenger.
    To Rime she point at her horn with a gasp of awe. "You are an unicorn! And a very lovely one! You must k'have some SPECTACULAR spells to show off!"
    "Maybe YOU k'have a snack?' she point at Doc.
    And then to Pepper. "YOU might have accesories! Come on! Don't be shy!'
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2019-10-12 at 05:46 PM.

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #15

"Maybe YOU k'have a snack?' she point at Doc.
    Doc's ears shoot up straight when she points to him. "Uh...no, no thanks. I reckon maybe we should keep the rukus down? You know, on account that it's getting late and some folks might want to sleep?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Of course it might be seen as shy if a pony covers her face with her hat, but Pepper seems ready to somehow cram her entire body into it from how hard the motion is. Or shove a pillow between her ears if she ever gets one; the train can't take off fast enough for her sake.

"Fresh out of favors, snow ball," she says to Oddy, desperately looking like she wants no further attention brought to herself. "I'm just trying to get through this train ride and then I've got work to do..."
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2019-10-12 at 11:53 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Doc's ears shoot up straight when she points to him. "Uh...no, no thanks. I reckon maybe we should keep the rukus down? You know, on account that it's getting late and some folks might want to sleep?"

"Ho ho ho! Aren't you thd nail of the party! K'here!" the reindeer pushed a colorful wrapped gift to the Earth Pony hooves

Where did she pulled it from... she doesn't carry bags, and doesn't really wear anything besidd long triped socks.
    "Come on!" she grabbed his cheeks and pushed him to look at the colt. "Don't you wish this colt have an AMAZING festival, with random people happy around him?' and she ruffled his mabe and cooed. 'It will make ME happy. And when I am happy.. I more.. aporachable. You know?' she wishpered softly into his ears, and then hopped back to convince the next festival challenged.

Of course it might be seen as shy if a pony covers her face with her hat, but Pepper seems ready to somehow cram her entire body into it from how hard the motion is. Or shove a pillow between her ears if she ever gets one; the train can't take off fast enough for her sake.

"Fresh out of favors, snow ball," she says to Oddy, desperately looking like she wants no further attention brought to herself. "I'm just trying to get through this train ride and then I've got work to do..."
    Well, resisting Oddy is exactly the way to bring attention! So it's a success if this what Pepper wanted!
    "Wow, then! Aren't you lucky!' the "snowball' reindeer hugged the charocal pony.
    'It is a holiday miracle! What are you working at? When were the last time, you SANG in work? Please! Tell us!"
    She sat on her hind legs, with wide admiring eyes.

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #18

[COLOR="#008080"]"Come on!" she grabbed his cheeks and pushed him to look at the colt. "Don't you wish this colt have an AMAZING festival, with random people happy around him?' and she ruffled his mane and cooed. 'It will make ME happy. And when I am happy.. I more.. approachable. You know?' she whispered softly into his ears, and then hopped back to convince the next festival challenged.
    "Uhh..." Doc blushed a little, but he didn't debate the question. Instead he debated the merit of renting one of those beds in the other car for ten caps. He looked down at the gift he was given, one hoof unconsciously straightened out his mane again. Doc shook the gift a little and listened.

A gift from a very beautiful and overly friendly reindeer? Oh yeah, she was dangerous. He slowly unwrapped the gift and took a peek inside.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

It's a plushie of herself!

(Well th3 doll's antlers are golden instead of silver for some reason)

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Pepper's eyes bulge as she tries to ward off the hug, thrashing in Oddy's grip.

"Cease and desist!" she growls, perhaps in vain, and it takes all of her mental strength not to say she's going into the "venison" business (as threatening a passenger no matter how deserving probably constitutes getting thrown off the train...) before sourly smoldering at the reindeer. Horseapples, but she'll need to actually give this cretin an answer. "I'm going... into bounty hunting. Not much singing there." she says flatly, hoping it will scare her off or at least hold little interest to this party maniac.

21. - Top - End - #21

The colt, for his part, is enjoying being shoved in people's faces and generally having a fuss made over him. This is all very exciting for him! "I'm Two Bit, by the way," he tells everyone, "It's nice to meet you all. Have you been on trains before?"

The mustachioed stallion gets up and walks towards the conductor. "So how much for one of those beds, young stallion?"

"Uh..." the conductor manages to pry his eyes away from Oddy's form long enough to pay attention to the other passenger, "fifty caps, sir."

The stallion grumbles and begins digging through his saddlebags. Meanwhile, the suited mare is chuckling quietly and watches Oddy with a bemused expression.

With a lurch, the train begins to pull out from the station. They are on their way now. "Well," the griffon ghoul mutters from the back, "If I'm going to be stuck here with all this, then I'm at least gonna enjoy myself." He begins digging through his bag and pulls out flask. His eyes light up at the mention of bounty hunting. He holds up the flask towards Pepper. "Hey! A comrade in arms. Want some? It's good stuff. Even works on ghouls."

The mother looks at him with disapproving eyes while the daughter's eyes are fixed in awe on Oddy.

22. - Top - End - #22

Sensing hostile feelings, Doc gets up and tries to mediate between the charcoal pegasus and the reindeer. "Ah, excuse me, miss reindeer, but maybe you're getting a bit too familiar with everyone here. I'm sure most of us enjoy a gift and a little celebration, but some of us have had a rough few days and just want a quiet trip. How about we compromise? Keep the party at the front end of the car there and the rest who need a little space stick to here in the back area?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Pepper's eyes bulge as she tries to ward off the hug, thrashing in Oddy's grip.

"Cease and desist!" she growls, perhaps in vain, and it takes all of her mental strength not to say she's going into the "venison" business (as threatening a passenger no matter how deserving probably constitutes getting thrown off the train...) before sourly smoldering at the reindeer. Horseapples, but she'll need to actually give this cretin an answer. "I'm going... into bounty hunting. Not much singing there." she says flatly, hoping it will scare her off or at least hold little interest to this party maniac.
    The reindeer doesn't seems phased. Though, she does make a mental note, that, this charocal gruff pony might hunt for her.
    Oh well. Just more fun and shengians! At least Oddy hasn't seduced her husband.
    She think.
    She let go of the hug, and instead, try to drag her into a dance.
    "What about a victory dance? I also know few victory songs-" she pauss tapping her beautiful chin.
    "We are the champions, my friends
    And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end
    We are the champions
    We are the champions
    No time for losers
    'Cause we are the champions of the woOoOrld!!!"

She pause and give Pepper a mint candy.
    "This I would sing, if I were a bounty huntress!'

Oddy gasp, cheerfully, hugging both the griffon ghoul and Pepper.
    'You have your own sub party INSIDE the BIGGEST TWO BIT TRAIN FESTIVAL EVERRR!"
    She give both bounty hunters, colorful plastic cups, for their drinks and a party hats for both.

This seemed to be her kind of compromise, and she dragged Doc into the middle of the chaos she cheerfully have created

She give Two Bit a hug, and a wrapped gift- inside a wooden train toy, and for the little filly another gift of a "barbie bambi'- pretty plastic reindeer doll, who happens to be white with golden antlers, and have set of few dresses.

To the mare in suite, another gift with a colorful notebook.
    She jump and dance around with closed eyes from pleasure.

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Rime’s magic unbuttons her jacket pocket and she passes the conductor her ticket. “I would like my pillows and blankets prepared and my luggage brought to my bed.” She grabs fifty caps and hovers it to the conductor accepting payment. “Do you have private rooms available?”

Rime looks over the shown off medical bag. She smirks. “A doctor called Doc. How fitting yet questionable acceptable. A doctor that travels. You must never run out of business.” She has little doubt that a doctor would be able to make caps. “I imagine you would.”

Her light blue magic holds her pen/journal still. “I am Rime Verse. You may have heard of my family and I. Now that I’ve graduated I’m traveling around writing. You wouldn’t have happen to run into any big stories have you?”

There are so many interesting passengers. The train is packed with all walks. She hasn’t seen such a diverse crowd in a long time. Leaving was definitely the right choice. She never had a doubt. There is so much out here for her.

Out of the corner of her eye she first glances the reindeer. Her attention captured. She looks at the most beautiful person she has ever seen in her life. The only thing that could compare is her teacher under the effects of a beauty spell. She isn’t detecting that type of magical aura on the reindeer. Her beauty appears real if not natural.

A festival so late and on a train? How absurd. Still, a small gathering with the reindeer would make a good holiday story. The colt and reindeer are in high enough spirits.

Oddy has Rime’s full attention when she points at her horn. “Why thank you for noticing.” Rime straightens up as her ego is stoked. “I do know magic.” Not every unicorn knows spells. “I normally wouldn’t use my magic for tricks and fillies. I may perhaps…” She is convinced. “do a simple thing for the festival.” Why did she agree to help? Now is a better time to document her travels than helping put together a party.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Friggin handlers. Roxy grumbles as she heads towards the exit of the baggage car. Getting all huffy when she wanted to make sure her back, while not as packed as some, was properly situated. Her eyes lingered on other bags here and there... Fingers twitchy as is they wanted to undo the fastenings. It would be so easy to go through some of them, if not for the watchful eyes of that one griffon. Spoil sports the lot of them. There was even a bag that seemed to be stuffed with a great many long objects that seemed just utterly delectable.

The sand dog reaches the door goes through, momentarily between cars as the train starts to make its departure. Great Roxy had spent longer than she meant to which meant all the good seats were probably taken. Grumbling anew she opens the last door to... Chaos. The center of it all may not have been pink and dealing out cream pies to everyone but the amount of attention on the reindeer still had Roxy having mild flashbacks to yesterday.

"...Whats all this then?" Roxy stands perplexed, wearing clothing that seemed ill suited to the cold yet unbothered by the cold she was probably letting into the car while she's in the doorway.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Pepper puts up a fight this time, grabbing onto the arm of her seat with her forelegs and refuses to be completely pulled into a dance even as Oddy tugs and tugs. The fact the train is moving is the only thing keeping her from going ballistic.

"Nope! No, no no! I'm fine! Having a shot of whiskey's my idea of a party right now, I'll sit th-this dance out! Now get off me!" She's interrupted by the peppermint assault and a second hug, but manages to get free, shoving Oddy away and crumpling into her seat with an angry huff.

"This had better be loaded..." she mutters to the ghoul griffon, reaching for the flask if it's still being offered and pouring herself a generous shot into the provided cup. She turns in her seat to look at the living impaired creature. "If you're a bounty hunter what were you doing in the Resort? Vacationing?

27. - Top - End - #27

The griffon ghoul smells of death and decay up close. That's not unexpected, though. All ghouls do. His cloak, mercifully, keeps most of the smell from wafting over the room. Perhaps it is enchanted. Only one person in the room at the moment can tell.

He chuckles. "Heh. A hug. That's a first." He takes another sip from his flask. He slowly removes the party hat, however, and sets it aside. It looked very out of place on his skull-like visage anyway. With a nod, he pours Pepper some. "Let's move back a bit. Give Ms. Bouncy here some room to show off her flank." Of all the males in the room, he is the one that seems least affected by Oddy's stunning looks. "Nah. I don't do vacations," he says in answer to Pepper's question, "I do, however, find that clients are much more willing to pay in full when you show up in person and well-armed." He extends a claw to shake. "Name's Quoth."

As for the drink, it is almost strong enough to be classified as paint stripper.

And so, Oddy and the many members of the car's passenger list that HAVEN'T managed to escape her orbit have a space in the middle of the car to set up their party. The mustachioed stallion has escaped to one of the beds upstairs on the car's second level. The mother and daughter, with varying degrees of eagerness, are following Oddy's leave. Two Bit is having the time of his life. The businessmare is watching all this as the gears inside her head whir and turn over. The Conductor...is watching Oddy jump around with barely concealed glee.

When Roxy enters, Quoth raises his flask. "Heh. Can't you see? We're having a party!" He seems sarcastically amused at the prospect. "Want to try your luck at holding the reindeer's attention long enough to try something? Seems to be a line forming."

28. - Top - End - #28

This seemed to be her kind of compromise, and she dragged Doc into the middle of the chaos she cheerfully have created
    She jump and dance around with closed eyes from pleasure.
    "Now hold up there, miss," Doc calls out to the reindeer. "If you're wanting to dance with me around, then we're gonna do this proper."

Doc opens a flap in his pack and pulls out a small transistor radio. He turns it out and tries to find a proper slow song.

"Come here, let me show you how we dance in Manehattan." He holds out a hoof to invite the reindeer to join.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

If Rime's luggage has been moved to her room, she will lay on double seat instead of sitting. She watches the people around her get up and leave. She seems content to sit by herself and observe the car. A few moments pass before she shifts to sit. The car is too warm for her two jackets. She peels the layers off and folds them into a pile. She removes her red jacket, the warm black vest underneath, her second pair of blue pants, and her black rubber boots. That leaves her wearing her pictured scarf, blue shirt & pants, and blue shoes. If anypony took her stuff to her room, she asks the same pony to take her clothes to her room as well.

Everything sorted one way or another, she stands up and approaches the businessmare. She takes the closest open seat next to her. "Hello." She gives the mare a small smile. "I haven't heard your name yet." She looks her over and the colorful book she was gifted. Doc put on the Neo-Classical Station? A treat in the cold night. Her posture lightens up under the music.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-10-13 at 03:48 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

Doc tunes up the radio, bringing up the Neo-Classical Station. The song is already in progress, but it does seem to be a ballroom song of some kind. Good for dancing! The exact name of this genre of music is lost knowledge to most Wastelanders. Is it a Waltz? A Salsa? Are those even different things? Who really knows? Point is, the music is live and it's time to dance.

Two Bit looks between them. "Oh! My parents do this all the time at parties!"

Rime's stuff gets transported downstairs to her private bed. There are only two of those left, thanks to her and the stallion. However, she has other things on her mind. The business mare looks up as she approaches. Her smile is matched with a wider, brighter one full of clean, white teeth. "Hey there! Name's Opportunity, Golden Opportunity, and I'm knocking!" She makes a rapping motion with her hoof, as if hitting an invisible door, and chuckles. "And let's see! You're one of those students, right?"