New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Frozen North: All Aboard!

The train begins to brake, wheels squealing under the pressure. The train begins to slow down. The other ponies in the car throw themselves to the ground in panic. Two Bit ends up under Oddy, Golden under Rime. Quoth actually leaps forward and lands beside Oddy and Two Bit, standing over them in a low, protective posture. The mother and daughter hide behind Doc. The conductor crouches down in the doorway.

The ball of light draws closer and closer as the seconds tick by. The figure in the middle tumbles head over hooves, wings and legs flailing about in an effort to right itself. Mere seconds before striking the side of the car, their wings snap out and they brake rapidly. All four hooves land on the side of the car with a solid 'BANG!' They are only there for a moment, though, before they push off and shoot back towards the clouds, a bubble of magic encircling them and a war-cry filling the silence left behind.

In response, the clouds above the Crystal City rumble. Lightning flashes between them, out of place in a blizzard. As the figure charges once more, a trail of brilliant purpleish blue trailing behind, a rumble of thunder shakes the windows. A blinding flash fills the horizon. A bolt of lightning descends and strikes the flying pony head on. Like a shell out of a cannon, they blitz past the train and strike the cliffside above the track a good 150 yards (137 meters) farther up. The ice and snow collapse, forming a small avalanche that covers the track. The train pulls to a stop a mere 20 yards (18 meters) away, unharmed but stopped for the moment.

Quoth is the first to speak. "Okay. What the hay was that?"
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2019-10-15 at 10:43 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

"And adventure! So it zeems!" Oddy said with an excited gasp.
    Most importantly not let the children panic.
    She had NO idea what is going on, but from exprience, if you ACT as if you are in the control of the situations, many times you actually are.

"Now, we are working together, to make sure all of us will be fine.
    She gotten up.
    "Is anypony HURT?' she yell, and look at Two Bit to make sure he is fine
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #63
    Spamalot in the Playground

Doc checks on the two charges behind him. "Are you two alright?" he asks them.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Rime holds her ground as the train breaks. She isn't sure who is on top of who at this point. The loud impact and car juddering has her redouble her efforts to protect Golden. Aside from that, the pony pile is a real mess. What in the world is going on? Outside sounds like a couple of weather unicorns, no or pegasus, dueling. She hears the most recent crash ahead of the train and feels the train lurch. The ghoul is protecting her and Oddy. She stirs. And, people are in her way! She snaps, "Get off me!" She tries to push the people protecting her away. Her horn lights up and begins floating her clothes within reach.

Hopefully, she is standing at this point. She asks Golden, "Opportunity, are you alright? Somepony hit the train!" She begins dressing as clothes get pulled near her. Whatever clothes she puts on don't transform to metal. Her staff must have rolled away somewhere but it won't be hard to find with its magic aura.

Rime currently looks very different. On her flank is that magic diamond, light blue, a lot of magically talented ponies tend to get and white feathers flaring on each side of it. (It looks a lot like the magic wings in the picture below.)

Spoiler: Body of Metal
    Show
    This is the best image I could find. I imagine she is a little less shiny and, uh, looks like Rime. Not some super ripped pony.

Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-10-16 at 06:31 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65

Two Bit giggles a bit at Oddy's antics, though he's the only one not shaken by this. "Did you see?" the colt whispers loudly, "That blue pony had wings and a horn!"

Quoth curses, then realizes his mistake and looks down at Two Bit. After all, everyone knows the rule of 'don't curse in front of children, at least not right in front of them'. The ghoul quickly amends his words to, "I mean, oh boy, that's going to be...fun."

Fortunately, it seems that no one is hurt. There might be a slight dent on the outside of the train from the impact, but that will buff out. The only damage, so to speak, is that everyone's thoroughly shaken.

"Yes, we're fine," the mother says to Doc. She looks him over critically. "And it's nice to see that there is a stallion with manners aboard this train. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

Quoth gets off Rime with a semi-sarcastic smirk and a placating gesture. "Sheesh, as you wish, your highness." She can stand up without any issues.

"I saw," Opportunity says grimly and rises to her hooves. She begins straightening her suit.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

"Ok! No blood spilled! A good start!" Oddy say cheerfully.
    "I am going to see, if I can k'help the driver." she declare.
    "I know sweet birdy k'here will protect Two Bit, and maybe-" she add a nuzzle.
    "Can defend the others as well." she looking at Roxy and Pepper.
    'If one of you, brave warriors of the Wasteland is willing to accompany me, I'll be VER'R'RY greatful!" she winked and blowed a kiss
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2019-10-16 at 08:47 AM.

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #67

Doc nodded to the mother. "Forgive me for not introducing myself earlier. Ponies apparently fall darn quick in these parts." That was a light attempt at humor to lighten the mood. "Name's Vardo, though most friends just call me Doc, after my profession. Not the most imaginative, but I don't mind either name."

He'll pause if she decides to give her name.

Doc gets up. "Alright, well if anyone is hurt I can tend to you. No charge. I think some of us should check who it was that crash landed like a kettle pot off the stove."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Roxy pokes her head out of a window to view the dent from another angle. With how quickly that pony had been traveling it was a wonder that they didn't splat against it entirely, much less rebound. "Well whoever that was they're probably toast, frozen toast soon enough." And frozen toast wouldn't mind if someone took advantage of what they left behind...

"Roxy will go take a peek at the slide and what remains of the would be canonballee while the rest of you straighten things out here." The sand dog makes for the door to investigate. "Either way looks like it's on me to try and dig out the tracks."

9. - Top - End - #69

Quote Originally Posted by userpay View Post
    The sand dog makes for the door to investigate. "Either way looks like it's on me to try and dig out the tracks."
    "I'm going with, on account that if whatever hit us is still vaguely alive, they'll need medical attention," Doc says.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Rime huffs at Qouth's attitude. "There is fun to handle so let's focus on that, hm?." She doesn't have time for this person.

She is still putting on her winter clothes.

She pauses and points to the conductor that ducked in the doorway. "You, go get me my luggage. I'm going outside to check on wings and horn. I need my things."

She points at Roxy. "You, whatever you name is. Doc and I are going with you."

She holds out her hoof and summons her staff to her with a glowing blue magic.

11. - Top - End - #71

"No blood, yep. I think she chipped the paint, that's all," Quoth mutters. He pats Two Bit on the head with his not-quite-skeletal claw. "Yeah, I'll keep an eye on the kid."

The conductor, now recovering his wits, stands by the door. "Er, Miss Oddy? The engineer should be fine. We didn't hit anything and aren't stuck. It was a controlled stop. Perfectly routine. Do it all the time. I'm sure if you'll wait a minute or so, he'll talk over the intercom." He blushes. "B-but, if you wanted, I could take you to see him, given the, er, strange things that just happened."

"Worthy," the mare says, "Truly Worthy, from the Reformed Church of the Sun and Moon. This is my daughter, Sunshiner." She scowls. "Her father named her, you see." Sunshiner waves meekly at Doc, but doesn't say anything. "We are unharmed, but the two heavenly sisters will reward you for your Kindness and Generosity." From this short conversation, Doc cannot think of a single mare he's met to whom the words 'Kindness' and 'Generosity' would seem more foreign. The elder mare is a hard, uncompromising pony, stuck firm in her principles and unwilling to bend them for even the slightest moment. Or at least, that is the impression that her severe, harsh attitude radiates off like newly-detonated uranium.

Moments later, clad in some warm clothing, Doc, Rime, and Roxy plunge out into the snow and advance the short distance up to the side of the snowfall. There is no immediate sign of the pony that caused it. She could have been splattered across the cliff right before it collapsed. However, there is always the chance that she wasn't.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I need Roxy, Rime, and Doc to make Perception Checks with a -1 penalty, and Search Checks for if those fail and they keep looking.

Rime can also use magic, if she so wishes and has the right spells

And with sharp eyes, they manage to spy out a single blue hoof poking out from under a snowdrift, weakly twitching.
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2019-10-16 at 10:18 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72

Doc nods to Ms. Worthy. He is actually a bit of a fan for Luna, though he'd have to talk later about it. Right now he needed to go check on what hit the train. "Thank you for the blessing. Could use it out there."

He takes his medical bag and his pistol with him when he goes out, butting up and keeping his scarf on tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    And with sharp eyes, they manage to spy out a single blue hoof poking out from under a snowdrift, weakly twitching..
    Doc uses his flashlight to illuminate the hoof. "Well I'll be a son of a sailor. Our starchild might not be all dead. Let's dig the pony out before we have a popsicle." He'll illumnate the path to the hoof, looking for a god route to the pony so they could start digging.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "I'm going with, on account that if whatever hit us is still vaguely alive, they'll need medical attention," Doc says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    She points at Roxy. "You, whatever you name is. Doc and I are going with you."
    Drat. There goes a free pass and that unicorn seemed a bit on the bossy side to boot. Still perhaps whoever it was would be greatful and bestow a reward and neither looked like they'd do well for rooting around in the snow. "Suit yourself, and the names Roxy. Don't forget it."

Outside Roxy's eyes flick about before landing on one patch of snow that's colored just a shade to blue for ice. "Heck, I'm impressed. Whoever that is must got a hard head. Anywho~" Roxy cracks her knuckles. "Stand clear if you don't want to get buried." Then starts digging a path up to their quarry. Zig zagging if necessary to gain height.
    Last edited by userpay; 2019-10-16 at 10:56 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

spin, spin... spin...

*click*

The black case opens after a combination lock is aligned as "Glint" roots around inside, all manner of mechanical noises escaping as she assembles something.

The Pranci SPAS 12 gauge shotgun she pulls out looks damned impressive, outfitted with a small but impressive looking scope and two cylindrical add ons at the tip of the barrel. Composed of gray plating and parts, it nearly matches her own charcoal coat, And, as it so happens, it came onto the train loaded, judging by the way she pumps a round into the chamber, all with her own hoofs before she slots it into some contraption she threw on over her coat.... an honest to Celestia battle saddle. The gun flips back, it and the "third arm" folding under her wings with mechanical ease and then with her teeth she tosses on a bandoleer of shells. The case gets closed with a snap.

"Yeah, uh, don't go near my luggage while I'm gone; it's not safe for you." she says in passing, not caring if this draws any stares, hoofing it past the other passengers and heads out with Doc and his entourage.

"You ponies are amateurs. You all need someone to ride shotgun in a situation like this."
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2019-10-16 at 10:55 PM.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy summon a pistol, from the same mysteriouse space which she keep summoning gifts from.
    "I see.' She need the conductot, peck him once. "Make sure they are ready to go again, when we are ready.'
    She try secretly pass a note to the teen mare, while her mother is distracted.

There an emoji style kissing face of Oddy.
    "Oh Dear! You are amazing!"

Little thing. But sometimes they do the diffrence. She could go more overboard, but not every one can fight their annoying mothers.
    She simply walk on the air from behind.
    "Well, it seems we have a new thrill! How engaging! And were there a talk about alicorns..?'

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #76

Quote Originally Posted by tonberryking View Post
    "You ponies are amateurs. You all need someone to ride shotgun in a situation like this."
    "Yeah, I lost mine in a fight the other night. Someone went rifling through my stuff," Doc replies to the pegasus, tongue-in-cheek. More serious he adds, "Much obliged to have another pair of eyes along tho. Whoever this is, they're not quite dead yet, so can't be too cautious right now."

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    "Well, it seems we have a new thrill! How engaging! And were there a talk about alicorns..?'
    "Uh, nothing past what Ms. Worthy said back in the train car. Why you ask?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Rime slides into her pants. The mechanical noises from Pepper draw Rime's attention. What type of spell is that pegasus casting? The warm red vest goes over her eyes and mane and blocks her sight for a second. The next thing she sees is Pepper with this massive fancy looking gun with tons of doodads. The round clambering is louder than she expected. Rime's attention focuses when Pepper shows the battle saddle. Somepony is ready for a fight. Rime supports Pepper, "Yes, yes. No pony steal anypony's luggage while we are outside."

What a cocky pegasus. Rime smirks at Pepper. "You are exactly what we need. Lead the way and be ready to shoot."

"Roxy isn't a name I would forget." She introduces herself to the entire crowd, "Rime Verse, here, ready to seek the unknown."

Rime gets her shirt, pants, puffy vest, and shoes on and follows the others out the train door. She steps onto the train's offloading step and hops off into the snow. Her boots make a satisfying crunching sound where she lands. She rights herself and points towards the collapse. She walks with her walking stick through the snow along the tracks. The other group members flashlights lighting the way. She spots the hoof before Doc uses his spotlight.

"What is impressive is how much of a nuisance they've managed to be. They covered the tracks."

Rime gets closer with Roxy and points her staff towards the pony. Her horn glows and the magic disappears in a small flash.

She answers Oddy. "The colt did say this pony had wings and a horn." The metal statue puts on a serious, stern expression. "That would be very bad."

Spoiler: Sense Foes
    Show
    Tells the caster if the subject has hostile intent, and what the degree of hostility is. Can be cast on one person or a whole area. If cast over an area, this spell will only detect that someone is hostile, without telling who.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-10-17 at 07:30 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy kept her smile.
    "Well, just trust the k'holiday spirit! And eventually miracles will come! And you seem like a great miracle weaver!' she say to Rime.

Then turn to Doc.
    "Well, I am intrested in legends. Maybe they just misunderstood, you know?'
    And walked cheerfully, half meter above ground, humming a holiday song.

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #79

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Then turn to Doc. "Well, I am intrested in legends. Maybe they just misunderstood, you know?'
    And walked cheerfully, half meter above ground, humming a holiday song.
    "Like, what legend?" Doc asks her. "Know something peculiar up in these parts?"

He remains where he is, out of Roxy's way and providing her light for digging. Earth ponies prefer to keep their hooves firmly on the ground, so Oddy's little aerial scamper just seems weird.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-10-17 at 09:21 AM.

20. - Top - End - #80

"Indeed," Truly Worthy agrees with a self-satisfied nod. Oddy's note slips past her notice and into Sunshiner's hooves, who takes one look at it and hides it away from her mother's gaze.

The conductor's cheeks burn red. "O-of course, Ms. Oddy!" he says.

Between Roxy's newly dug path, Oddy's ability to just walk on air, and Pepper perhaps serving as a ferry to anyone who, for one reason or another, doesn't want to walk up on their own, the party can safely approach the downed pony. Rime's spell does, in fact, detect hostile intent, but it is very low: the hostility is reserved for anyone considered a threat. It's not directed at them in particular. It's unclear if the buried pony is even aware of their presence.

Arguably, this is a good thing, as upon closer inspection their hoof is twice the size of a regular pony's and has a uniform, almost ethereal blue coloring to the pelt.

21. - Top - End - #81

Now that a path has been dug out, Doc can go up and get a closer look.

"Huh. Whoever they are, they sure are a big one. I'm gonna check for a pulse to make sure that twitching ain't just dead nerves."

Doc slowly puts a hoof to the leg and presses against where the arteries should be to read a pulse. He starts counting in his head against his watch.

Physician (3d6)[15]
    Digo Dragon - Artist

22. - Top - End - #82

It's a close call, but Doc does detect a pulse. More than that, however, the pony reacts to his touch and weakly tries to bat his hooves away. They're not only still alive; they're also at least partly conscious.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

She asks Oddy, "Are you celebrating a holiday today?" She smiles a metal smile at the compliment. She chest may have puffed but her vest and clothes would block any noticeable difference. "Why thank you. I am fascinated by your abilities as well."

Rime will stay out of the way of any of Roxy's digging.

"Yes, I can see that," She agrees with Doc. "The pony is alive. I can feel them. They will defend themselves but I do not feel they are aggressive towards us." She 'hms' and focuses on what she felt. "They may not be aware of our presence or formed a feeling towards us yet."

"We should dig them out quickly before this whole mess becomes comedic."

24. - Top - End - #84

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    "They may not be aware of our presence or formed a feeling towards us yet."
    "Don't be to sure just yet. Look how they're batting at my hoof. This one is still conscious and knows somepony is touching them."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy smile with pleasure.
    "Why yes! It's the Golden Stripe Day of the zebras! They painting their foals with gold and painting together beads and make each other rastas and-" she stop, perking her ear.
    She hop around on air, looking around, also giving a good look at the injured's uniform, trying to study the situation as much as possible.

----

Spoiler: My Very First Gurps Roll. how badly will I screw it up?
    Show

IQ/perception 13
    (3d6)[5][4][2](11)

------
    My previouse Avater

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Your roll is right! 11 vs 13! Nice!

MetaRime: "Yes, I know she moved before I posted. I got ninja'd by Milt."

Rime sighs. "Well, yes, of course they are aware of us now that you've touched them."

"A pony's natural response when trapped is to struggle." What happened with Quoth on the train causes a slight bitterness to her words.

She says to Oddy, "That sounds like a lovely holiday." Rime says very smitten with Oddy.

It's hard to look away from Oddy but a pony needs dug out. She shouts at the pony stuck in the snow. "We are working on freeing you! Can you hear us!?"

She repeats to the group, "Hurry. You must hurry. The train will have supplies for digging snow. Roxy has her claws. I will cast what spells I can."

Rime holds her staff in both hoofs and drives it down into the snow (trying not to hit the pony and get it near their head). Her horn burns. A small magically lite gust surrounds Rime and causes her clothes to flap away from her body. She tries to give the struggling pony an easier time breathing. Only if the spell worked on the flu then it would be perfect.

Spoiler: Create Air
    Show
    Let's get you some more air.
    (3d6)[11] vs 15 (Create Air)

Manufactures air where none exists. When cast where there is already air, it produces an outward breeze lasting about five seconds. When cast in a vacuum, it instantly creates breathable air. When cast within earth, stone, or other material, it fills any empty spaces with air, but does not burst the stone. When cast underwater, it makes bubbles! When cast on a one-yard-radius area, the spell creates about 45 cubic feet of air every second for five seconds; each cubic foot of air will last a single person at rest about a minute. However, in some environments the air created will rapidly dissipate into vacuum or bubble away. This spell cannot be cast inside a living being.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-10-17 at 10:31 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87

What Oddy (and Pepper, since they are both flying) sees is this: there is a large, discolored patch of snow covering a pony. If shifts occasionally as she struggles underneath it, though at the moment only one fore-hoof is able to reach the surface. A little ways further off, however, Oddy sees a helmet half-buried in the snow. It is an old-style helmet, pre-dating even the war. It is the kind once worn by Princess Luna's Night Guard, which were more for ornamentation than decoration. When the War began in earnest, those sorts of helmets were phased out in favor of better protective gear.

Rime's spell seems to breath new life into the trapped pony's struggles. A voice calls out to them from under the ice. It is muffled and the words are hard to make out, but it is very loud.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

"Ms. Black Marvelouse Bounty K'huntress-" Oddy turn to Pepper

"Ther'e is another' pony down k'here!' her accent become thicker, and maybe hint a slight panic.
    She gallop down, trying to use her telekenesis to dig as much snow as possible

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #89

Doc assists digging out the pony here, pulling back snow from around the leg and working his way to the head so the pony can breathe without magical assistance.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Pepper doesn't offer to help remove the pony--if that's what they are-- from the snow, hovering a ways back so she has a good line of sight for her shotgun, should she have need of it. The helmet, should Oddy reveal it, seems rather odd to be here, let alone worn by anybody and she tries to think of any story, any reason someone would wear an old antique like that...

Spoiler: OOC/rolls
    Show

(3d6)[14] History? Untrained? I'm not expecting much but I may as well try to think of something.

Maybe criminology as well, in case this is an art/antique smuggler or some crap; who knows, she may (probably not) bag a bounty on her way into town! (3d6)[11]

<BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."