New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Frozen North: All Aboard!

"Pick up, drop off, easy gig indeed." Roxy tries to rack her brain about how often trains get hit in raids. She'd figured it would bring farm more attention than it was worth.

At the mention of her potentially getting paid Roxy perks up. "Getting paid for what I do? I'm all ears." Flicking her ears about for emphasis, and to amuse herself.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy nod. "Our sweet and pretty sage k'here is right.' she sat closer to the two of them.
    "As I told Rime.. every deer has an unique ability related to gifts, some'ow. Mine is seeing the 'istory of an object and judge, if it is stolen or not." Oddy pause.
    "The short moment k'had with your k'helmet was terrifying. There is a lot of darkness there. But, I think I can learn more, if you will allow me to research it for a minute or two." Oddy say, now more concerened then flirty.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #183
    Firbolg in the Playground

"I am sure it will not be hard to find work as a doctor," Worthy says, "The problem will be finding enough ponies that can pay well-enough for you to support yourself. Sadly, those in the most need can least afford it."

"Oh!" She chuckles. "Hardly! We only travel when there is a strict need to, you see. We prefer to stay settled. Moving around a lot can be dangerous."

====

Desperate or brave raiders do make a habit of holding up trains, however most of them have armaments along the sides. Auto-turrets, machine gun emplacements, and places for the passengers to fire out and join in on the fun if they want. Raids quickly turn to routes and ponies into pincushions.

Quoth leans forward. "Just so happens someone offered me a hefty sum to turn the kid over to them instead. And it just so happens that person has a bit of a bounty on their heads." He grins. "See what I'm getting at? I approach them, you stab them from behind. I'll take the payment he had for me, you turn in the body for the bounty. Sound like a deal?"

====

The alicorn's eyes glow cold blue. "NEVER!" she snarls, "You shall not touch it! No one shall! It is mine. I claimed it!" She backs away from them both, horn glowing. "I see through your lies," she snaps, "You want it for yourself!" Her horn glows dangerously bright. "WELL YOU WON'T HAVE IT!"

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy doesn't flinch. She actually hop forward.
    "I am not taking the k'helmet. I don't k'have reasom to think you k'have stolen it.' she pause.
    "I can touch it, while it's on your so very lovely head." another hop.
    "Would it be ok? You can tie me, or what ever you need to do to orevent me, from stealing while checking the k'helmet, we just want to make sure YOU are safe."
    -----

Diplomacy IQ+2
    (3d6)[3][2][3](8)

------
    My previouse Avater

5. - Top - End - #185
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    "Oh!" She chuckles. "Hardly! We only travel when there is a strict need to, you see. We prefer to stay settled. Moving around a lot can be dangerous."
    "Yeah, I reckon it can be dangerous, especially when you got a little one with you," Doc agrees, with a nod to Firestarter. "So, if you don't mind me asking, what need does tonight's trip entail? Business?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

6. - Top - End - #186

The alicorn regards Oddy for a long moment. Her eyes horrid glow begins to fade, but the shadows of her mane writhe and two more shadows crawl out of it. One steps towards Rime, interposing itself between her and the alicorn. The other lays hooves on Oddy, lightly restraining her. "Alright," the alicorn says in a low voice, almost a growl, "You may touch it." She lowers her head and offers the top of her helmet to Oddy, coincidentally aiming her very sharp horn right at the deer's chest.

====

And in a much less dangerous place, Doc's nod draws a small smile from Firestarter. Worthy pats her on the head. "We are headed down to join the local congregation in Neighagara Falls. They are in need of more hooves and I volunteered." She smiles, but it's tinged a bit with bitterness. "The congregation at the Resort is very large and we recruit many members from there, but few of them are willing to get their hooves dirty doing the sisters' work."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you, my beauty.' Oddy say confidently.
    "I apreciate this trust. I promise, I simply want to ensure your safety."
    She touch the helmet, her eyes glow again in white.

----

Using psychometry

------
    My previouse Avater

8. - Top - End - #188

Doc's nod draws a small smile from Firestarter. Worthy pats her on the head. "We are headed down to join the local congregation in Neighagara Falls. They are in need of more hooves and I volunteered." She smiles, but it's tinged a bit with bitterness. "The congregation at the Resort is very large and we recruit many members from there, but few of them are willing to get their hooves dirty doing the sisters' work."
    "Get their hooves dirty? Do you mean construction stuff, like housing, or are we talking about... mercenary work?" Doc asks.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Rime can't help but puff up at being called attractive and wicked smart. At least somepony recognizes her worth while she gets stared down by a super powerful alicorn. Completely unrelated, she says, "Thank you, Oddy." She knew she could depend on Oddy to help. There is a good reindeer underneath all the good smiles and giggles. A book like its cover.

Rime stands by the shadow pony and doesn't try to get around it. She would ignore it if she wasn't aware of the danger it represented.

Talking to alicorn, "There is no bucking way that I would ever wear that helmet. I have the knowledge and experience to recognize that helmet is super cursed. I know what type of magic enchants that thing. More importantly, Odd felt what was inside that helmet. She felt first hoof the darkness and horror contained in it waiting to unleash itself upon you and the world."

She stands tall (even though she is short) and strong. "We're not lying. We helped an alicorn despite everypony saying alicorns are dangerous. We dug you out. We returned your helmet while you were wounded and buried in snow. We've been kind and nice trying to help you. I gave you one of my special candies!" That registers as being super kind for Rime. "Look at us. Look at Oddy. Look at yourself. We're good ponies trying to help you. That helmet is twisting your senses and feelings. Don't let it control you and take your mind. If you react this way to us, what is that helmet going to make you do when you encounter a stubborn or unwilling village? It'll twist your mind to raze the village, to conquer with corrupted logic, and hurt good innocent ponies. That isn't you. You want to help ponies. That helmet is going to hurt you. It is not safe."
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-10-25 at 10:51 AM.

10. - Top - End - #190

"We will see what your friend says," the alicorn states with a slight growl.

Oddy's power does not dive as deeply this time around, at least not at first. It seems to be more resistant to her than before. But she pushes back, past it, through sheer concentration and, within fifteen seconds, falls past and deeper into its history.

Armies march. Shadows gather. The last of the sunlight fades. The seas and mountains are wrapped under blackened heavens. All bow down before the throne of night. All worship and adore their true queen. Such is a natural thing. Oddy too, should bow. Bow. "Bow! KNEEL BEFORE ME, YOU SWINE! YOU ARE DIRT! YOU ARE DUST! A MERE MORTAL! I AM NIGHTMARE MOON, ETERNAL QUEEN OF THE NIGHT! LUNA IS DEAD, BUT I REMAIN! I SHALL ALWAYS REMAIN!"

She comes out of it and almost falls over.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll 3d6 vs. your Will. If you fail, then Oddy is frightened.

"I mean literally dirty," Worthy says, "As in, helping those less fortunate than them. Or even setting up chairs for meetings. Such work is 'beneath them'. The worst of them hide it behind a guise of 'honesty', claiming it would be a lie for them to serve with a smile since it doesn't make them happy."

11. - Top - End - #191

"I mean literally dirty," Worthy says, "As in, helping those less fortunate than them. Or even setting up chairs for meetings. Such work is 'beneath them'. The worst of them hide it behind a guise of 'honesty', claiming it would be a lie for them to serve with a smile since it doesn't make them happy."
    Doc shakes his head. "They reckon putting up some chairs is dirty? Them folks outta see me open a pony up to remove a bullet," Doc says with a chuckle. "Second thought, maybe they shouldn't. Having a scalpel between my teeth and someone's life in my hooves... Eh, I'm probably just bragging now."

He shakes off the guilt, playing it cool. "Some folks just don't know what real work is. I reckon you do; juggling between an advocate of the two sisters and a mother. You're the one I should tip my hat off to. Well, if I had a hat. Guess I could tip my hoodie."

Doc pulls up his hood, tips, and then folds it back down.

"Am I guessing right that the father isn't the dependable kind?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

Desperate or brave raiders do make a habit of holding up trains, however most of them have armaments along the sides. Auto-turrets, machine gun emplacements, and places for the passengers to fire out and join in on the fun if they want. Raids quickly turn to routes and ponies into pincushions.

Quoth leans forward. "Just so happens someone offered me a hefty sum to turn the kid over to them instead. And it just so happens that person has a bit of a bounty on their heads." He grins. "See what I'm getting at? I approach them, you stab them from behind. I'll take the payment he had for me, you turn in the body for the bounty. Sound like a deal?"
    Roxy tilts her head, letting her ears flop as she considers. Technically that wasn't getting her paid twice but she could see the value in such a double dipping. Putting the colt in danger wasn't ideal but her digging could potentially work them out of a rough spot. "I was wondering why someone was paying you to guard the kid and not have them along for the ride. Got someone out to get em. Still I wouldn't have taken you for one to put their charge in danger considering how protective you are of the kid." She leans closer as well. "Spill the beans on who this bounty is and you might have a deal."

13. - Top - End - #193

Worthy snorts. "Oh, they would pass out at the sight of blood, especially their own." She chuckles at his tip of the hoodie, however her good humor evaporates at the mention of Firestarter's father.

"I was young and foolish," she says, "I should have seen him for what he was earlier." She puts a foreleg around Firestarter and gives her a hug. "She is the only good thing he left me. The rest was wild parties, spending everything we had and more, and worse. He got us so into debt that he ran off to escape his creditors. They tried to get me to pay, but I had a friend with an extensive knowledge of the law. He didn't get the debt cancelled, but divorced me from it and my husband, making me no longer culpable." Her eyes burn. "He is a lying, no good, 'free spirit' who cares nothing for his family and only for the next thrill!"

====

Quoth raises an eyebrow. "He won't be in danger," he says very clearly, "Understand? He will be in sight, but nowhere near this. We will meet this guy on the train platform, you'll pop up and gank him, and Two Bit will never get anywhere near harm."

He gestures vaguely with a claw. "Some local gang member. They want him for a ransom deal. There's a reward on their gang, so it should be worth something."

14. - Top - End - #194

"I was young and foolish," she says, "I should have seen him for what he was earlier." She puts a foreleg around Firestarter and gives her a hug. "She is the only good thing he left me. The rest was wild parties, spending everything we had and more, and worse. He got us so into debt that he ran off to escape his creditors. They tried to get me to pay, but I had a friend with an extensive knowledge of the law. He didn't get the debt cancelled, but divorced me from it and my husband, making me no longer culpable." Her eyes burn. "He is a lying, no good, 'free spirit' who cares nothing for his family and only for the next thrill!"
    "I see. Apologies, that was much worse than I had imagined," Doc said. "A stallion that can't even answer their duty as a husband and father is just scum. You both deserve much better, and I hope you do find it. I'm glad that you at least have friends helping out. Reckon that nopony can really get through life without a bit of friendship. I think that was something the sisters preached? I wanna say at least Celestia did."

"Well, if I ever cross paths with that no good stallion in my traveling, I'll be sure to give him a good uppercut for you."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: roll results
    Show

Failure!

Oddy gasp, backing off, her pupils shrink and she pant.
    'Tma! Chistaya tma! Udzos! Chisti udzos!!!"* she yell in reindeerish crushing into the wall of the cart, shaking with wide eyes of scared...
    Doe.

----
    Pure darkness! Pure darkness! Pure horror!

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Rime clears up the misunderstand. "Oddy and I met today. We've hardly said more than a few words to each other. We simply both desire to help you." Oddy seems nice and good.

Rime raises an eyebrow and watches Oddy work her magic over the fifteen seconds. Observing her magic under a less stressful environment would be something that interests her. The ability to learn a object's history would be terribly useful. The fear that encompasses Oddy was stronger than Rime expected. The helmet seemingly bites back. She warns Oddy, "Careful dear. Take a breath. You are no longer touching the helmet." She doesn't try to move past the shadow pony. She stands unflinchingly with her staff in hoof.

She looks to alicorn. Her eyes focusing on her. "Do... you speak reindeer?" Rime seems troubled by Oddy not telling them what she saw. "Oddy, talk to her. She needs to hear you speak." She says to the alicorn, "Oddy could use your voice as well. She likes your voice." She asserts, "You talking will help calm her."

Spoiler: Spell
    Show
    What is in your heart, Alicorn?
    (3d6)[15] vs 15

Sense Emotion
    Regular
    Know what emotions the subject is feeling at the moment. It works on any living being, though it tends to be most useful on sapient beings. This will also tell how loyal the subject is to the caster (see Loyalty of Hirelings, p. B518).
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-10-26 at 01:18 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy take deep breathes, her mane frizzled. There a certain charm to a terrified doe.
    Either if you have instinct to defend her, or to devour her..

She shakingly getting up.
    "....I think... that the original Nightmare Moon still in k'helmet." she say slowly, between pants.
    'She said, "LUNA IS DEAD, BUT I REMAIN! I SHALL ALWAYS REMAIN!"
    with terrified glare Oddy mimicked the terror she has just heard, even loud, her eyes stared beyond, stoll fixated on the scene she has witnessed.

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #198

Worthy chuckles bitterly. "Thank you, but I think I have had enough of marriage for one lifetime. Besides, I am too old for most stallions." She nods. "Indeed. It was one of the chief teachings of the Revered Princess Celestia and, to a lesser extent, the Sublime Princess Luna." She chuckles and pats him on the knee. "Make it a hard one. For me."

====

Fury. Rage. Overpowering anger. That is all Rime senses from the alicorn. "No," she snarls, "No! It's not true. I don't believe you! This power is mine now! She may have had it once, but I am in control now! I thought you might understand, since you seemed more intelligent than the average pony. But I see now that you too, are blinded."

The darkness grows deeper, despite the failing power of the light. "I see now that nopony will believe me until I demonstrate a little."

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy squeak.
    "NYET!" she gasp.
    And taking a deep breath.
    "I mean, there is no a need to! I know that you are powerful! Do you really need this cheap toy, to prove it?" she hopped forward, not touching the floor.
    She gave side glance to Rime, gesturing for her to RUN.
    "True alicorns don't need some trinkets. Do they? You are powerful, you arw worthy of YOUR own name!'
    She hopped again, and looked into her eyes.
    "Do you want to be simply another clone, or an original princess true to k'herself?"
    Oddy gave another side glance to Rime and without words shaped the word
    "RUN", and then looked again at Allie/Iremia.

----
    Spoiler: rollz
    Show

Diplomacy 15
    Charisma 4
    19?
    (3d6)[3][2][1](6)

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #200

Worthy chuckles bitterly. "Thank you, but I think I have had enough of marriage for one lifetime. Besides, I am too old for most stallions." She nods. "Indeed. It was one of the chief teachings of the Revered Princess Celestia and, to a lesser extent, the Sublime Princess Luna." She chuckles and pats him on the knee. "Make it a hard one. For me."
    "Heh, that's fair. And yeah, I'll give him my best swing if opportunity gives me the opening," Doc says with a confidence.

He looks to Firestarter, and gives her a reassuring smile. "Don't worry about our grownup talk. You have years before you gotta worry about our stuff; play lots, read plenty of books, and make friends with good ponies who treat you fair. You're only young once, so don't waste that time you got."

Doc looks back to Worthy. "Hows her health been? Any concerns?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

"Sounds good to me; I'll just follow you when this damn train disembarks," Pepper says to Oppurtunity, waving her away unless the mare has anything else to add or go over. "You should get some REST," she says this somewhat loudly so other ponies can here her, as she makes herself as comfortable as possible stretched out over two seats and a gun case.

...Scratch that...

Pepper sits up and grabs a second pillow from the conductor the next time he swings around and sandwiches her head between the two she has, sleeping with her head/upper shoulders on top of the gun case. The following Worthy comes from were those Namby Pambies, as most of the other security bucks and mares called them, simply because they never got into trouble. No domestic disturbances, no loud rich pony parties getting out of hand... they just were there at the resort.

Sure a few of their foals (and rarely their parents) would get into cider or misdemeanor problems and all, but for a group that stayed remarkably out of trouble, Pepper sees the motor mouth (and Doc by proxy) as particular trouble regarding her getting any decent kind of sleep. It always comes down to something, she thinks, figuring the trio (and not anything of far more dire importance that may be happening in the next car over) will be such culprits as she tries to settle in...
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

22. - Top - End - #202

The alicorn takes a deep, calming breath and reins herself in. "You know something?" she says, "I think I have learned a lesson here today. In order to be trusted, you must prove yourself worthy of trust." She pokes Oddy in the chest. "So that is what I'm going to do! I shall leave now, but you will see me again within the month! When I return, I will have proof that this power is mine now. Do you understand?"

===

Firestarter smiles weakly at Doc and nods, but doesn't say anything in response. Worthy pats her on the head and gives her a quick hug again. "She has been pretty healthy," she says, "But, well, the last few months it seems like she's been on the verge of a cold. Sneezing, stuffy nose, sore throat. They come and go."

She glances over at Pepper with a disapproving glower. "Perhaps somepony should speak without being passive-aggressive, hmm?"

For her part, Golden nods and backs off from the mare with the heavy weapons. "Well! Sleep well. I'll talk to you in the morning."

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

Tip tap tip tap. Roxy drums her fingers on a thigh. Shouldn't be any of her gang members... In theory. Stealing kids was one way to get a really bad rep but you couldn't always control every single member of the pack. "Sounds good. Lots of witnesses though if right on the platform... Maybe provoke him and we can even make it look like self-defense." She says giving a slow nod. Maybe the ghoulified griffon was just using her to get rid of a rival but sometimes this was just how the wasteland rolled.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Rime's raider rage comparison becomes all the more apt. She knew the alicorn wouldn't give in easily, but the helmet has more of a hold on her than she imagined. Rime is doing her a favor. She wants to help. She isn't going to run away from anything she wants no matter how challenging. She will get what she wants or the alicorn will exhaust all Rime's goodwill. Either way, she is seeing this conversation to the end without half-flanking it. "Oddy, ease yourself. The three of us are simply talking."

Rime sincerely says, "Please, listen to us." Rime supports herself by putting both hooves on her staff and looks at it in a sad remembrance near the shadow pony. "My sister is very gifted with magic. She is really good at everything. She took her precious time to tutor her little sister on magic, and I appreciate that. I do. When I was a little filly I wasn't always the most thankful. I wanted to learn magic on my own. My schedule had a difficult section of magic coming up in a few weeks so I went to the school library to check out the books ahead of the class. I studied hard by myself. And, I did it. I learned the spell without anypony else even knowing. My sister was going to be so impressed. I brought her to the ballroom and cast my spell. It didn't go like I hoped. My spell grew beyond my control and burst into flames. The whole room caught on fire. There was smoke everywhere. The whole complex could have caught on fire. I'm lucky no pony got seriously injured or died." A pained expression appears. "I can still remember my sister's panicked screams... I wish I let her help me."

25. - Top - End - #205

"Colds usually don't need need more than a few days to take. Hmm." Doc glances over at the pegasus. He nods at Worthy's comment. Doc will give the filly a look see, and speak softer. "Mind if you open up wide for me?"

Diagnosis (3d6)[8]
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh dear.." Oddy folded her ears in sympathry toward Rime.
    "... I used to be a tool of a cynical and heartless entity. I believed that my actions bring happiness..." she paused.
    "But I was used. As most reindeers are, to selfish and souless ends. And this entity, wasn' some old helmet.."
    Oddy paused trying to hug the alicorn from one side, and gesturing to Rime to join.
    "I was alone. I have chosen a certain path to fight it...' she pause again.
    "But if I had anydeer or anypony to trust... maybe I could have chosen a better path. Please. Lets us help you!" she begged

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

How contradictory. A happy mare doesn't mean a happy history. The room appears to have hit a sappy wound. "I'm sorry, Oddy. That you were betrayed. I wish you had family or anypony that could have helped you." She notices Oddy's beckoning, but Rime is being held up by a guard shadow. The alicorn doesn't need anypony trying to bypass her physical defenses. Her gaze switches from Oddy to the alicorn.

28. - Top - End - #208

Quoth smirks. "That was the plan. Even with the lower standards of today, there are those who would try and shoot back if they saw a pony get killed in broad daylight. However, if that pony looked liable to turn violent..." His smirk turns to a grin. "Well, everypony would just nod their head and say it was well-deserved."

--

Firestarter hesitates, but at a nod from Worthy, opens her mouth wide. "Ahhhhh..." she says quietly. Her throat is a little red, but not all that much. To be honest, this sounds like allergies more than a cold. Persistent, annoying symptoms that won't go away? Check.

--

The alicorn sighs. "I can see there is no changing your minds tonight. Well, I won't hold that against you when we next meet." She turns and heads towards the back door. "When I return, I hope you will put aside all this talk of me needing 'help' with my power. Though I would dearly love your help with my goals, I do not need you trying to take from me my greatest tool."

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

"I will.. help you, in what ever you wish." Oddy said silently, with a seriouse tone.

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #210

"Hmm, could be allergies. Happens when you move between places and the weather is a bit different. Even if it's still cold out. I might have something for it."

Doc goes back to his bags and quietly gets some antihistamine from his medical kit. He comes back and gives Firestarter the medicine and some water from his canteen.

"Here, this will clear the sniffles and help you sleep," he explains quietly.
    Digo Dragon - Artist