New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Frozen North: All Aboard!

"You are strong. You have your own strength. Remember that."

Rime takes a slow breath as the conversation sets on a conclusion. A sad, worried look on her face. "Thank you for at least hearing us. I know what we said was difficult. I hope for your sake the two of us are wrong, but I fear that we aren't mistaken. The helmet has an affinity for the night. Be on guard at night and when you sleep. Take it off and take a break from it when you feel your possessions are safe. If you can never take it off consider why. Its effects will be strongest when you are stressed or emotional. Not many ponies are willing to have their life changed in the Frozen North. Don't let the helmet trick you into killing ponies or razing their homes." She apologizes like the alicorn is going off to die. "I am sorry we couldn't help you."

"I can speak to you using spells, but I will not be able to hear you. Expect me to 'mail' you. I do not have a way for you to contact me. I am traveling now and do not know were I will be in a month. My school will be able to reach me. Do you know how to send your speech or teleport? I would like to have a way to talk to you. If you need help seek my family in Rainbow Resort. They will help you. You have a difficult road ahead trying to change the Frozen North alone. They will be able to point you in the right direction. Towards helpful ponies perhaps."

Spoiler: Spell
    Show
    What is in your heart, Alicorn?
    (3d6)[12] vs 15 - (She is getting further away; yards away; ignore -2 for the staff)

Sense Emotion
    Regular
    Know what emotions the subject is feeling at the moment. It works on any living being, though it tends to be most useful on sapient beings. This will also tell how loyal the subject is to the caster (see Loyalty of Hirelings, p. B518).

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

The alicorn looks to them both. "If you would help me," she says, "Then, pave the way for my return. Let ponies know of my cause so that they will welcome me when I show up."

She frowns. "I...do not know any spell of that sort," she says, "I...might be able to send you messages in dreams. I have had no cause to explore that aspect of my power, though. And...I may visit your family, if there is a way to do so without getting too many bullets sent my way." She spreads her wings wide. "And now! I am going to go find some radiation and heal. I shall see you within the month."

====

"Thank you," Firestarter says softly and takes the medicine.

Worthy reaches for her pocket. "I think I know the answer, but don't want to presume, so let me ask: do I owe you for that?"

3. - Top - End - #213
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    Worthy reaches for her pocket. "I think I know the answer, but don't want to presume, so let me ask: do I owe you for that?"
    "Friendly company on this train ride has been payment enough. That's something I cannot buy," Doc whispers to her. He nods to Firestarter. "You are welcome. Now, you should get some rest, and I think shall retire to my seat as well. It's been a pleasure to meet you both."

Doc pulls up his hoodie again, tips it, and then pulls it back. He picks up his things and quietly shuffles back to his seat to relax a bit. Helping the filly left him with a feeling of accomplishment. It's a good feeling for his soul.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy fold her ears sadly.
    "But... by what name we should tell about you?'
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Rime nods to her not knowing teleport. It seems there are many spells even alicorns do not know. Alicorn is in way over her head. "I will see what I can do to facilitate communication. Expect 'mail.' Be careful using the helmet." She hesitantly admits, "I do not sleep well. You may have trouble contacting me through dreams. Oddy is the better choice."

She turns to Oddy. "Oddy, do you have peaceful sleeps?"

"My family is wonderful. They would be interested in meeting you. You really should meet them since you are serious about turning around the Frozen North. At the very least, they can set you up with some ponies so that you are not alone in your travels. Big dreams require helping hoofs no matter what the dream. You need friends. I will send them a message in the morning informing them about you. Good luck with finding your radiation."

6. - Top - End - #216

"And we should be getting some sleep as well," Worthy says, "Good night, doctor, and thank you for your kindness."

As Doc steps away, though, he finds himself face to face with another earth pony. Golden Opportunity steps right up to him, a warm smile on her face. "Good evening, doctor," she says brightly, "Name's Golden Opportunity. I'm Opportunity and I'm knocking." She chuckles. "Anyway! I'd like to offer you a job, if you're interested."

====

The alicorn thinks about it, then smiles. "Call me...Iremia," she says.

"Yes...friends," she says, feeling the word out with her mouth, "I suppose a good leader would need some of those. Very well. I will seek them out first, then! If you can send messages to them, tell them to expect me in two days. That should give them time to clear the way for my arrival. If I need to contact you, I will find Oddy's dreams, if I can."

Her form blends into the shadows and begins to disappear. "Until we meet again, my friends! Stay safe and warm. And don't let the raiders kill you." With those cheerful words and thoughts, she vanishes (literally) into the night.
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2019-10-28 at 08:16 AM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy wave her for good bye with a wink.
    After Iremia dissapear, she smile.
    "Well! That was quite the eventful Golden Stripe day!' she say cheerfully.
    "I usually dream about the holidays I have studied. Imaging that I can take part in them" she answer cheerfully.
    "Well, what do you think about all that?'

------
    My previouse Avater

8. - Top - End - #218

As Doc steps away, though, he finds himself face to face with another earth pony. Golden Opportunity steps right up to him, a warm smile on her face. "Good evening, doctor," she says brightly, "Name's Golden Opportunity. I'm Opportunity and I'm knocking." She chuckles. "Anyway! I'd like to offer you a job, if you're interested."
    You can tell the universe has a sense of humor because Doc keeps finding himself face to face with pretty mares that just want something out of him, ON A TRAIN. Geez, why does this never happen in a bar? Like, how is a stallion supposed to buy a mare a proper drink before he listens to business proposals?

Doc blinks, not expecting yet another encounter. He nods his head to the seats, still somewhat bewildered at the sudden mare in his face. Not that this thought was a complaint other than the lack of a bar.

Maybe Doc was just tired.

"Alright well, I reckon you're not asking for an exam so... mind if we sit down before you give me your sales pitch?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

"Iremia is a beautiful name."

Rime smiles when Iremia decides to make some friends before setting off on her mission alone. Good news indeed. "I am relieved that you will be seeking aid. I can sleep more soundly over the next two days. A good leader can not work alone. I will let them know you will be arriving. My family will be expecting you. I will send you the arrangement details." She smiles at Oddy, "Oddy, you let me know if Iremia contacts you."

Rime lifts a hoof off her staff and waves. "Goodbye, Iremia! Stay warm! Safe travels friend!" Rime's horn glows and a scroll pops into existence near her. She raises a stamp in her hoof and seals the blue wax with Iremia's picture. The scroll pops out of existence to find Iremia. Rime sends her a warm fuzzy happy feeling not much different from a hug. Oddy isn't the only pony hugging Iremia today.

Rime chuckles at Oddy's cheer. "That was the most eventful Golden Stripe day I have ever had." She smiles. At the center of her eyes, the cold metal fades away to reveal Rime's light blue gray irises. The metal receding from her form and disappearing down her neck and up her limbs until the magic is entirely gone. "Those sound like lovely dreams." She thinks about what has transpired over the last twenty minutes. "You were able to reach Iremia and help her. I was right to ask you to come back here with us. I appreciate you helping me and her. My favor would have been wasted if we had not worked together."

"Iremia has struggled greatly in her life. I fear her struggles are not yet over. She has heard that the helmet will possess her in time. Our time together was so little yet I feel connected to her. I am more hopeful than I was before we entered this room that Iremia will be alright. The world out there is cold. She is a kind pony. I hope the world and ponies show her mercy, and she doesn't lose that kindness... She needs to meet my family." Rime slides her hoof into her scarf and pulls out a fancy looking necklace. She holds the cross shaped pendant in her hoof. "May Iremia find a good, happy life."

"You though." Rime points her staff at Oddy. "I have plans for you. We are friends, and so you will travel by my side for the foreseeable future. We will form a traveling group with merry times and interesting tales. I have much to explore in the Frozen North. Much to experience. And, I already have a lead to my next story. Golden Opportunity and I are putting together a group that will explore some strange ruins in Neighagara Falls." She puts her necklace away. "Will my friend be joining me on my adventures?"

Spoiler: Spell
    Show
    Happy thoughts!

Mind-Sending
    Regular

Send your thoughts to a subject in a one-way communication. Transmission proceeds at only talking speed, though the caster may also send simple pictures (the time required is equal to the time it would take the subject to copy the picture on paper or parchment).

When figuring the distance penalty, use the long-distance modifiers (p. 14). If caster and subject don’t know each other, there is an additional -4 penalty.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-10-28 at 10:10 AM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy smile. "Well, aren't you a decisive one?' Oddy chuckle.
    Oddy didn't wanted to show how terrified she was.
    She can't remember when the last time she was so honest with somedeer beside her mother.

"I was worried she will define herself as Nightmare Moon. I am k'happy she still k'has her own identity, even if still undefined as clay-but yes. I can see goodness in there."
    And yet, if Iremia will succumb to the Nightmare...
    Oddy will end her.
    "Well, usually I am not the doe to settle down...' she tilt her head.

"And I k'have never explored ruins before..' she tapped her chin.
    "But the name of the mare who offer it, making it sound promising, and beside-" she hopped closer to Rime.
    "I get time to spend with YOU.' he muzzle very close to Rime's.

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Rime chuckles. "A decisive pony gets what she wants." She flips her words. "A foolish pony loses everything."

She looks to were Iremia left. "Me too. Everypony needs a name or else me referring to them gets very awkward. I'm glad somepony else can see her good nature." She looks to the ceiling. "She would do well in my school. My family will have to make up for lost time. I hope she makes it to them safely. I am worried about her, but let us not spend all night worrying."

"I am not asking you to settle down. The opposite! I want you to travel with me and experience the world. The ruins are very promising. What does promising meant to you Oddy?" Rime smiles at Oddy when Oddy puts her muzzle close. She looks into those magical eyes.

"You have given other ponies presents tonight. Let me give you something to show my thanks." Rime interjects a piece of candy between the two by hoof. She puts it at Oddy's eye level. "Candy. If you are not going to eat it tonight, you must eat it within twenty-four hours."

Spoiler: Candy
    Show
    Rime's candy is special. It is temporarily enchanted with a food/flavor enhancing spell. The spell is strong enough to make dirt and gross things taste delicious. It looks extra good to eat too! The piece of candy may be the best candy Oddy has ever tasted.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-10-28 at 06:12 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy chuckle.
    "Well, it will be a nice change of pace." she agreed.
    And maybe let some angry wives (and husbands) to cool down.

"Promising? emm... well, it is a nice fantasy, that it can be enjoyable to entertain.'
    she take the candy. 'Why to delay satisfaction, to a time, that I might not be able to?" and pop in the candy, closing her eyes with a humm of pleasure.
    Well, Rime had some powerful family.
    Noted.

------
    My previouse Avater

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

"I wanted to hear those exact words! Good! Welcome aboard the crew." Rime lowers her empty hoof and smiles at her enjoying the candy.

"Exactly. Why wait." Rime grabs a hard candy piece from her bag and pushes it into her mouth. She 'hmms' alongside the reindeer. "It is soo good!"

Rime walks to the light switch. "Let us get out of here. It is cold in here, and I paid good money to be warm."

"What is your dream performance? Do you stand in front of a crowd and sing your heart out? Do you make them laugh or cry?" She opens the door to the cold night air and walks to the passenger car.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, big crowds is a rare thing for me..' Oddy trot the air alongside Rime.
    She wishper to her ear.
    "My shows are more... intimate.'

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #225

"Of course!" the pretty mare says and sits down beside Doc. She leans in slightly, keeping her voice low and quiet so as not to disturb her sleeping security guard.

"Well I'll be quick, then," Golden says, "I'm putting together an expedition to explore an old ruin. We could use a doctor. Pay is an equal share of whatever we find. Sell it, keep it, do whatever." She looks up and says to Quoth and Roxy. "We could use you too. Security and excavation."

"Sorry," Quoth says, "Already got a job lined up." He jabs a claw towards Roxy. "She might be available, though."

16. - Top - End - #226

"Of course!" the pretty mare says and sits down beside Doc. She leans in slightly, keeping her voice low and quiet so as not to disturb her sleeping security guard.

"Well I'll be quick, then," Golden says, "I'm putting together an expedition to explore an old ruin. We could use a doctor. Pay is an equal share of whatever we find. Sell it, keep it, do whatever."
    Doc studied her face as he considered the pitch. He whispers, "So, pay is completely dependent on what we find... not a great prospect, but on the other hoof, there's something more to it if you're looking to hire an actual doctor and not just bringing a box of stimpacks. "What kind of ruin are we looking into?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Another pony born to struggle. "With a little more work I am sure you will bring in a larger crowd. Do no-"

Oddy's whispering causes her ears to shoot up in a panic. She turns around and pushes Oddy with her hoofs back into the baggage car. A blush on her face, she asks with a fluster, "Oddy." She pushes her candy to the side of her mouth. "What do you mean by that?"

Spoiler: Igor
    Show
    Rime is secretly casting Sense Emotion and (in several seconds) Mind-Reading on Oddy. You may or may not want to make a will check for Oddy to resist Mind-Reading.

Sense Emotion
    (3d6)[9] vs 15
    Regular
    Know what emotions the subject is feeling at the moment. It works on any living being, though it tends to be most useful on sapient beings. This will also tell how loyal the subject is to the caster (see Loyalty of Hirelings, p. B518).

Mind-Reading
    (3d6)[5] vs 13
    Regular; Resisted by Will
    Read a subject’s mind. Works on any living being, but is most useful on sapient creatures. Detects only surface thoughts (what the subject is thinking at that moment). This spell will not work on sleeping or unconscious subjects. The subject is not aware his mind is being read, except in the case of a critical failure.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-10-28 at 09:18 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Roxy gives Quoth a thumbs up. Seems the ghoul has all their feathers lined up in a row... So then one would hope that they will fall in the way he expects.

Yet another potential job seems to come to the fore, Roxy perks a ear towards Golden. "If it's diggable then I can get in and if someone's in the way I can get rid of them. Exploring a ruin... Well could be good. Could be bad. Only one way to find out."

19. - Top - End - #229

"Untouched depot," Golden says, "Full of pre-war goodies. Still, those places tend to have good defenses. Even if they don't, accidents happen. A doctor would be very welcome."

She chuckles at Roxy's enthusiasm. "Indeed!" she says, "And if it's nothing, you all will get free meals and a bit of exercise over the course of a couple days. You won't be any worse off than you already are." She smiles. "But let's hope it doesn't come to that."

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    Another pony born to struggle. "With a little more work I am sure you will bring in a larger crowd. Do no-"

Oddy's whispering causes her ears to shoot up in a panic. She turns around and pushes Oddy with her hoofs back into the baggage car. A blush on her face, she asks with a fluster, "Oddy." She pushes her candy to the side of her mouth. "What do you mean by that?"

Spoiler: Igor
    Show
    Rime is secretly casting Sense Emotion and (in several seconds) Mind-Reading on Oddy. You may or may not want to make a will check for Oddy to resist Mind-Reading.

Sense Emotion
    [roll0] vs 15
    Regular

Mind-Reading
    [roll1] vs 13
    Regular; Resisted by Will
    Read a subject’s mind. Works on any living being, but is most useful on sapient creatures. Detects only surface thoughts (what the subject is thinking at that moment). This spell will not work on sleeping or unconscious subjects. The subject is not aware his mind is being read, except in the case of a critical failure.
    Oddy giggle cheerfully, getting her muzzle near Rime's, her breath smell of mint and sugar powder.
    "What ever you dare to imagine.. and-" she got her lips almost touch Rime's, and teasingly backed off.
    "more."

Oddy is amused and enjoying herself. She feel certain attraction and curiosity toward Rime.
    How ever her mind is actually more calculative... it seems.
    "Heh. She is an adorable one. And pretty too. She seems resorucful, and she k'has strong family. I can gain quite a lot from k'her.'

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #231

"Untouched depot," Golden says, "Full of pre-war goodies. Still, those places tend to have good defenses. Even if they don't, accidents happen. A doctor would be very welcome."

She chuckles at Roxy's enthusiasm. "Indeed!" she says, "And if it's nothing, you all will get free meals and a bit of exercise over the course of a couple days. You won't be any worse off than you already are." She smiles. "But let's hope it doesn't come to that."
    An untouched depot. Well that could be very rewarding if it has stored away sealed cases of medical supplies. 'course his right ear was instead twitching at the 'free food' part. Doc wasn't an adventurer, but a gamble like this would put him in a much better financial position than his current plan of just sitting in a street corner peddling band-aids or whatever. And he did see some of the lower levels at the Amethyst Institute, with their disabled gun turrets and robots, so he might be able to infer what kinds of danger may lurk there... assuming they were built by similar groups.

And hey, if this lass is hiring the big sand dog, that's at least worth partial cover.

"Alright, I reckon you got yourself a doctor." Doc held out his hoof to shake.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Mint is such a rare commodity. Rime could hang the plant all around her room and bath in the smell. The sugar fragrance brings back many fond memories of a rare treat on special holidays in a good atmosphere. The quick panicked reaction is short lived as embarrassment and excitement rise to the surface. "I-I am not imagining anything. That is why I asked." Rime has her answer.

Rime is happy her friend is amused and enjoying herself. That is what Rime wants from her friend. The fact that she knows her thoughts are genuine puts her at ease and in an accepting mood. Oddy's thoughts deepen the blush on her cheeks. No one outside her family has ever called her adorable. Scary, maybe, but not adorable. Pretty she has heard, but so much so she assumes the simple flattery is a being polite. That Oddy thinks Rime is clever is wonderful news to her ears! Oddy is ambitious. An admirable trait. A good quality in a high quality pony.

After Oddy backs off Rime guards her lips by placing her staff in front of them. "Oddy Irre you are a fascinating reindeer." She chuckles. "I was not expecting you to answer so honestly." She swallows and sucks on her candy as she builds courage. "I, " she switches her thought mid-sentence, "you have interesting life goals. Let us see where these ruins take us, and what adventures they bring. I am sure they will provide interesting writing material." Rime was in the middle of leaving the room, but the door hangs open now. She isn't so sure anymore she wants to leave and drag the conversation into the passenger car.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy chuckle.
    "You seems in k'hurry" she pull Rime back with telekensis by her tail.
    "Are you loyal to anypony in practicular?' she tilt her head with an amuse.

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

As soon as Oddy grabs Rime's tail a shining blue magic surrounds Rime's horn and casts a bright light on everything in the car. "The other car needs me!"

For the first time, Oddy sees Rime lift up a hoof and trace a magic pattern in the air. She chants with red cheeks in ancient ponish. Her words are sharp and warp into reality. If Oddy knew about magic she would know that Rime hasn't mastered whatever spell she is casting. She still needs to chant and gesture to cast her spell. That could give Oddy a pretty good idea of Rime's skill level and show Rime may not be as good as she appeared.

A blue flat magic diamond appears above Rime's back and two massive white wings flick out on both sides. The wings wrap Rime into a winged cocoon and squeeze her smaller and smaller until she pops out of existence. A few feathers are left behind and fade into nothingness.

She pops into the passenger car in a feathery burst. The feathers fall away and quickly disappear in the air. She teleports onto her seat with her face red and looking forward at the wall/window.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-10-29 at 09:43 AM.

25. - Top - End - #235

Rime popping into the car with feathers around her surprised Doc. "Stars and moon..." he whispers to Opportunity. "Did they pluck the alicorn like a holiday goose or something?"
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-10-29 at 08:24 AM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy bursted into a chiming laughter. She hopped into the other car.
    She simply laughed to a tearing point.

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #237

Golden's grin widens from a salespony's into a genuine one. "Fantastic," she says, oozing warmth and excitement, "In that case, I suggest we all rest up tonight. We'll spend one day gathering supplies and then set out the very next." She shakes his hoof with gusto, like a pony on too much coffee.

She leaps back when Rime appears right next to her, but she recovers quickly and chuckles. "And here is the magical expert that has so graciously agreed to work with us." She declares. "Though the doctor does bring up a good point. How did the...conversation with the alicorn go?"
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2019-10-29 at 12:17 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238

She shakes his hoof with gusto, like a pony on too much coffee.

"Though the doctor does bring up a good point. How did the...conversation with the alicorn go?"
    Doc would like to know where she's getting her coffee, and how he can get in on this supply.

"And why is Oddy laughing like a mad mare?" he adds.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy take a deep breath, slowly calming down.
    "Rime is an adorable mare. And for this question, I'l keep it at that, because ai might die laughing, if I'll k'have to tell it all.'
    She pause
    'As for Iremia... there is k'hope for k'her. The k'helmet still dangerouse. But for now she is in control, and k'has good intentions. She to for now.' Oddy explained.

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Rime puts a hoof to head and has to let her dizziness settle before she can even address anypony. She can hear Oddy laughing and does her best to hide her frustration. A pony laughing at her! If it was anyone else... She'd give Oddy a piece of her mind right here and now, but explaining what happened would only embarrass her in front of the entire passenger car.

Rime uses her telekinesis to gather her things around the car. She left some stuff were Iremia was sitting. She wants to appear busy, but ponies address her quickly. Her cheeks are beet red. She tries to maintain some social grace when answering Golden, "The conversation with the alicorn, Iremia as she referees to herself, was a success. She refuses to take off the helmet, but she will maintain contact with me. I expect to hear from her within the next two days."

She smiles at Golden and Doc. "From the sound of things, you have joined the group. Very good. A pony with your skills is a welcomed addition." She looks to Golden. "Oddy has agreed to work with us as well." She looks to Oddy. "She is a very charming reindeer. She will prove helpful."

She can't put off Doc's question any longer. "Oddy pulled a prank on me." She glares at Oddy. "And, do not dare tell a soul what you did! You will never speak of it for as long as you live!"