New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: The Frozen North: All Aboard!

"Ooookay. Yeah, I signed up for the crew. Opportunity needed to meet her Affirmative Action clause and have at least one stallion who has his wits about him to act as a voice of reason," Doc said with flavored sarcasm.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy tilt her head. "Rime, darling. I wasn't pranking you..'
    She smile. "We still can get back there..' she wink and turn to Doc.
    "If that make you feel like an empoeered stallion.." she wishper and draw her face near to his.
    'Sure. Be a "voice of reason'. I think it will be a golden source for chaos and pleasure."
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #243

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    "If that make you feel like an empowered stallion.." she wishper and draw her face near to his.
    'Sure. Be a "voice of reason'. I think it will be a golden source for chaos and pleasure."
    Doc's eyebrows furled together. "I can't honestly tell if you're joking or not," he whispered back to the reindeer.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Rime smirks and covers her mouth. "A doctor and charming. Your patients must love you as long as you are not stabbing them with needles. Skilled too. You certainly put the fight back in Iremia. " She chuckles at the friendly ribbing.

The blush on Rime's cheeks isn't entirely gone yet. She says to Oddy in a calmer voice. "Never speak of it again." She watches as Oddy and Doc whisper back and forth next to them. How flirtatious. Oddy grabs her tail seconds ago! and the reindeer has already moved to another pony. Rime stands up.

"I have had enough excitement for one day." She calls out her conversation partners. "Golden Opportunity. Oddy. Doctor Doc. Enjoy your evening. I am retiring to my room." She walks to the stairs with all her stuff in hoof if no pony stops her. She disappears into the sleeping car.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy giggle.
    "From my exprience... ponies who try to reason everypony else, usually ending up bullying them." she say with a smile and then pause.
    "And those ponies I punish. So... chaos and pleasure."

------
    My previouse Avater

6. - Top - End - #246

Doc nods to Rime, but turns his attention back to Oddy.

"You're the first mare I've met that thinks common sense is an oppression. Pretty as you are, I don't envy the doctor who is going to be patching you up when you walk into gunfire."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy laugh.
    "I didn't meant that. Just that, I k'have met more then one pony who claimed to be a "voice of reason'. Many meant by that, that resisting them, is unreasonable, because they k'have guns, or some flashy destructive spells.' she explain.
    "I claim to be prettier then everypony else, but nor smarter nor more reasonable. I do what I judge to be right at the moment."

------
    My previouse Avater

8. - Top - End - #248

Doc smirked. "Well, if that is the case, you ain't gotta worry. I rather work with you than push you around. Just... think about your actions before you leap into them. That's all I'm sayin."
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-10-30 at 08:06 AM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Firbolg in the Playground

And so, the passengers, few of whom knew each other when they boarded the train, start to settle down for the night. It has been a long day, an eventful day, but it is only the beginning of a grand adventure. The slight rocking of the train car and sound of cold wind blowing outside lulls the Wastelanders towards sleep.

Two Bit and Quoth descend to the lower deck, where the ghoul keeps watch outside the colt's room all night. He drinks quite a bit of Sparkle-Cola and flips through a book to while away the hours.

The Conductor approaches Oddy and, nervously shivering, says, "Miss? All the bunks are rented, but if you wanted to share, er, have mine, I wouldn't mind. I promise I wouldn't, er, do anything. Unless you wanted me to, that is."

Other than that, though, things are uneventful for the rest of the night.

=====

Morning's arrival is heralded by a slightly lightening of the sky. Now, the passengers can see a good mile out into the blizzard instead of just a few hundred feet. The perpetual storm still casts a shade of blue-ish gray across the land, choking out any warmth and making light a precious commodity.

But inside the train, the smell of breakfast, hot and sizzling, wafts into the cabin as a hostess-mare slips inside with a cart full of food, the prices of which are written on the side. Most of it is mushroom-based or, for slightly inflated prices, preserved pre-war goodies.

10. - Top - End - #250

'Mmph... don't wanna...' *sniff* *sniff*

And Doc wakes up to the smell of food. He yawns and puts on his glasses. "Praise Celestia, just what the doctor ordered to start the day."

He ignores his messy mane and instead goes for his pouch of caps to buy some mushroom foods. Do they have coffee? Hot water at least? Doc wants some of that too.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

(Oddy tried to sneak into Rime's room, if she fail she take the concdutor's offer)

She hopping cheerfully into the new day, shinning as a little radioactive sun of happiness.
    "GoOoooOoOoOooOod Morning!' she said with a wide smile tunning.
    She hopping without touching the floor toward her victim target.
    "Aren't you looking lovely today!' she said with an excitment.
    "Now, our car is the moooost fabulouse one! And all thanks to you!' she Oohed and Aahed at her.
    "My name is Oddy Irre! But some'ow I have missed the name of such a cutie like you! Could you fix this issue please?' she smiled charmingly.

Spoiler
    Show

Ok! I remind empathy,
    Body launguage 13
    (3d6)[5][3][3](11)

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

Pepper somehow got to sleep despite conditions that would seem otherwise uncomfortable.

As "Glint Eastwind", she rises up and pays for any coffee and mushroom biscuits she can get, waiting (literally) for Opportunity to show back up and tries to ignore the prancing reindeer. Soon she'll be out of here and on a job well away from these chuckleheads.

"Keep my coffee black. No sugar." she says, hoping that doesn't tempt fate somehow...
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

13. - Top - End - #253

Poor server, another victim of an overly enthusiastic reindeer. If Doc could figure out how to aim that energy into a tight beam, then the team could destroy any opposition at the Depot.

Doc puts some more caps out for the server. "For the filly and colt, they can pick what they want."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #254

The mare puts on her best smile for Doc. "Nine caps for the basic breakfast, which includes hot caveshroom skewers and a side of icecap soup. Four caps for coffee," she tells him. She reaches behind the cart and sets a little sign into position, displaying the prices.

The mare blinks at Oddy, a bit bewildered. "I am? Huh." She turns back towards the door and calls. "Hey Cap'n! Am I looking lovely today?"

A choking sound comes from farther inside. "G-good as always! Now keep working."

The mare frowns, nose scrunching up on confusion. "Does that mean I look lovely every day?"

"It's the only car we have," she says, a sort of dense logic to her words, "Well, only one for passengers." She looks around. "Huh. I guess the smell of coffee does make it nicer in here, though. They won't let me add a disco ball, though." Her ears droop. "It'd look better with a disco ball. And a strobe light."

"Oh! I'm Minion." She grins. "Minion von Hench!"

Oddy gets the feeling that this mare is the sort who cheerfully follows orders and doesn't do a whole lot of 'independent thinking', for better or worse, but is probably not a bad pony. At the moment, all her emotional reactions seem very genuine.

To Pepper, she says, "Black Coffee. Got it." In record time, Pepper has a steaming cup of joe in her hooves. "Four caps! Oops. Should have collected that before giving you the coffee."
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2019-10-30 at 03:06 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy smile.
    "Sure thing, Minnie. I can call you, Minnie, right?' she pull, a small, soccer bal sized disco ball.

She walked to the ceiling, hanging it.
    "Here it is! Do you like it Minnie sweetie?' she ask, and walk back to her.

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #256

Minion.
    von.
    Hench.

Doc hoped that perhaps this was just a nome deplume the mare uses. Otherwise, her parents were not kind ponies. Yeah, probably extends to Firestarter too.

The Disco ball was... strangely festive. He never saw one fully intact.

Doc buys another mushroom pancake thing and looks over to the pegasus ' direction.

"Pardon if I'm getting too familiar, but I wondered if you are local or?" Doc asked.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Rime finishes her morning routine and heads to the passenger car. She walks into the room looking like a million caps. The best sleep of her life by the looks of her. She has her lightly filled bag and folded clothes attached to it on her back. Her staff in hoof and her book and pen floating nearby her. A glance goes around the room as she takes note of who is awake. Her eyes light up when she sees Oddy. "Good morning, Oddy." She says, "Hello," to any pony that seems interested in her presence. She walks to the couch she reserved for herself yesterday and takes a seat.

She looks out the window and seemingly enjoys the view. A few loving sighs are dedicated to the smell in the air.

When Minion gets around to her with the cart Rime looks over what they are offering. The cooked mushrooms always smell better than they taste, but that isn't a compliment. She eyes the more expensive preserved pre-war goodies. "Minion. I would like a pre-war breakfast. A coffee. One sugar cube." Whatever all that cost Rime gets her caps and pays the nice hostess. Rime expects a standing tray so she doesn't have to hold her breakfast.

18. - Top - End - #258

Minion grins. "Please do! All my friends call me that. It's because I'm short." She giggles.

Her eyes go wide and shine brightly at the disco ball, hanging there, so tantalizingly... "I...have the urge to dance now..." she says. She shakes her head to clear it. "But! Breakfast comes first! Breakfast is one of the meals of the day, and that makes it important!"

Golden appears at roughly the same time as Rime and sits near her. She clears her throat. "I will take the same, please."

"Sure!" Minion says with a smile, "That'll be 20 caps for the breakfast, four for the coffee, six for the sugar." Golden chokes a little, but pays it. "Thaaaaank you!" She plops down two bowls of Sugar Apple Bombs! (TM), "Enjoy!"

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

A bit more entertainment to be had before everyone turned in for the night, Roxy watches it all with barely disguised glee. Just what had the reindeer done to fluster the mage? Perhaps they'd find out later...

Even with all the noise it takes awhile for Roxy to stop snoozing on her spot curled up on the seat. It seemed dogs really were able to sleep just about anywhere. Finally though the scent of food and coffee manage to pierce her sleeping daze. With a grunt she peaks over the edge of the seat at the cart, not quite seeing what was what due to post wake up bleary eyes though her nose worked well enough.

"Gimee... Whatever that basic was... And some coffee."

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

"Ok! We SHOULD dance!' Oddy nodded and pranced around her.
    She tilted her head. 'But, yeah my lil' tummy need it's fill..."
    Oddy slowed down, and gotten closer to Minnie, more.. intimatly.

"Ok... since we are already such a good friends, can you put this for me and my very deer doggy friend on tub? Ok? Just open me an account or something, nopony can miss ME. And I travel a lot, so it ok. Ok? I am sure this is ok! So is ok, or is this ooooooooOOoOOOOOoaok?!?" She explain and ask with a very thrilled tone.

There were also a manipulative porpuse for saying "ok' so much, inserting the word subcounsiously to her mid, chanelling to more positive mindset.
    Such little things worked.

Spoiler: ok, let's roll! ok?
    Show

Diplomacy
    IQ+2
    Charisma 4
    So.. 19?
    (3d6)[4][2][4](10)

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #261

Doc glanced at the reindeer, wondering if she needed money or was pulling a fast one. He didn't say anything just yet. Just kept an eye out on her.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

A fellow shortie, in Minion, on-board. A kindred pony in this world of too tall of ponies. A hero against the forces of evil!

She says to the stirring sand dog ordering coffee. "Hello, Roxy." She has greeted everypony she knows and isn't leaving Roxy out of her greetings. "Sleep well? You looked comfortable there on the seat."

She greets Golden, "Good morning."

Rime summons thirty caps with her horn and keeps her bag nearby for future coffee purchases. The caps float over to the Minion. When she is served she says, "Apple bombs. Wonderful." Her face expresses happiness much more than her words express. Her magic mixes the air to bring the steam closer to her. "The bread smells delicious. The apples perfectly sweet." Rime grabs a spoon to slowly, methodically mix the sugar around in her coffee. Her horn glows and summons a blue dust cloud over her food. The cloud sprinkles and dissipates onto her apples and coffee like sugar being added to a fine sweet. Rime sips her coffee and 'mm's to the flavor. She begins eating. A magically held knife and fork bite away at the bread.

Rime looks up at the disco ball on the ceiling. She asks Oddy, "Are you throwing another train party?" She asks amused and with a chuckle, "Is today another rare holiday from another land?"

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy stopped oggling over Minie, and answered Rime with a smile.
    'Well, it the birthday of a filly called G'hope K'hop. If it worth anything. A year ago, I gave her a tiara."

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #264

Minion's ears droop. "No. I can't dance. That'd be against orders." She looks longingly at the disco ball and lets out a heavy sigh and stares at it throughout Oddy's long barrage of okays. A genuinely pained expression crosses her face. With almost a whimper, she says, "I'm so sorry, but that is also against orders. I can't give stuff away without collecting payment for it."

In other words, Oddy has successfully made the mare who happily follows orders unhappy about her orders. A difficult task, but not one she wanted to accomplish.

The cart stops by Roxy, and Minion, in a dispirited voice, says, "That'll be 13 caps."

Quoth ushers Two Bit up the stairs. The colt takes one look at the Sugar Apple Bombs and his eyes go wide. "I want some of those!" he declares, excited.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

"Orders shmorders.' she waved it off.
    "Where is your boss? I'll explain k'him what to do.'

------
    My previouse Avater

26. - Top - End - #266

Doc gets up at this point and raises a hoof. "Oddy, are you broke? If you need caps I can spot you enough for a meal."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

'Do foals play ball, because they can't buy tickets? No darling. It's about the sport.' Oddy wishper with a wink.

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Rime shrugs at Oddy's statement. The little party ball in the sky mystery has been solved. "It looks nice Oddy." Rime continues eating. Her knife cutting off small portions of the pastry before Rime skewers them with her fork. She mmms again at another bite.

She looks to see if Golden is enjoying her meal as much as Rime.

She says to the colt, "The train is selling Apple Bombs and mushrooms for breakfast." She looks to his ghoul guardian. "Have you ever had Sugar Apple Bombs?" She levitates her cup to her mouth and takes a sip.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Roxy reaches into one of her pouches to fish out the needed caps. Perhaps the coffee would perk her up but evidently reaching that point is a slow plod. "Izh good enough. Have slept in worse." She responds to Rime while handing over the caps. Why was the cart pony looking so sad? Roxy could have sworn she'd sounded chipper just a moment ago or was that imagined?

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

"Nope. Not a local."

Her food is simply gone. Her coffee, on the other hoof, is being savored as "Glint" occasionally uses her right wing to scoop the cup up and sip from it. She has her gun case open and seems to be tinkering with the arm of her battle saddle that held that impressive shotgun from last night, a tool between her teeth. She doesn't look at Doc.

"Doesn't matter where a hired gun's from. But I'm not a former raider either if you were going to ask about that." she then... well, ignore is a strong word. She doesn't initiate further conversation but if the earth pony has any legit questions, or statements, she's not stopping him. Eventually he'll say what he wants and despite her low opinion of the guy, better him than that reindeer trying to get her to dance while performing delicate maintenance.
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2019-10-31 at 09:11 PM.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."