The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Default Tell me what optimization benchmarks my character meets?

He uses the following class:
    The Guild Hero base class, inspired by Fable. What tier do you think this class is?
    And his name is Jack of Blades, though he isn't much like the one from Fable. Is he too powerful for a low-op game? Not powerful enough for high-op?

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Tell me what optimization benchmarks my character meets?

It doesn't matter how many classes you mash together, it's still "just" gestalt. Not tri-, not quad-, not penta-; gestalt.

3. - Top - End - #3

Chimera

Default Re: Tell me what optimization benchmarks my character meets?

That is really interesting!
    After running the math, my level 14 Guild Hero has a DPR of 28.3525 (calculations for critical confirmation included) against a CR 18 Nightcrawler. This all assumes he is fully buffed and going into melee with his greatsword. This also, of course, assumes he isn't grappled by the beast (because he would then be almost guaranteed to deal no damage whatsoever).
    He has a DPR of 106.74125 (including crit confirms and lack thereof) against a CR 10 Gargantuan Monstrous Scorpion.
    His DPR decreases by approximately 7.12625 per point of AC; I didn't rerun the calculations for values that would require a d20 result higher than 19 or lower than 2, so this isn't entirely accurate, but it is pretty close to the exact number.
    If the trend were to continue in that exact form (-7.12625 per 1-point increase to target enemy's AC), his DPR falls to 0 against the AC of a CR 21 monster.
    I find this interesting because the DMG experience tables stop showing a value for the experience reward granted for defeating a high-CR creature when a character is more than 7 levels lower than the critter it has defeated, because it assumes they received some sort of major plot-related help and couldn't accomplish such a task alone.
    I think my character is optimized at the mathematically perfect point within the system, as far as pure back'n'forth full attacking is concerned.
    That being said, I feel there are some basic issues with the functionality of the class against opponents that can fly, temporarily become invulnerable, etc.