New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Path of War: Counter timing

Why, hello! I've been away from Dreamscarred Press material due playing too much Pathfinder Society but now I got the chance to use PoW in a homebrew game. And I need to know if there has been any change to the counter timing and I can't ask on the Dreamscarred Press FAQ 'cause it is closed and no plans to open a new one.

Last time I checked ( http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...&postcount=392) you, the player, see the dice. Nothing more.

Has it changed? Or you believe it should change?
    But the strong man is stronger when alone.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Path of War: Counter timing

I would use their ruling, I don't believe they've made an official change or clarification since then.

Hopeful DSP returns soon, though, they've begun posting updates for the Psionics for Starfinder kickstarter again as of August and I'm hopeful that that means progress on their other projects is resuming (like Path of War Expanded errata).

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

The only "change" is that the ruling you quoted from the FAQ was also included in the PoW errata, along with the related rules for crits and counters (from System and Use):

"If a counter is compared to an attack roll, then it is initiated after the attack roll is made and the result is revealed but before damage is rolled."

(Btw, everything found on d20pfsrd and Library of Metzofitz include the errata changes.)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by upho View Post
    The only "change" is that the ruling you quoted from the FAQ was also included in the PoW errata, along with the related rules for crits and counters (from System and Use):

"If a counter is compared to an attack roll, then it is initiated after the attack roll is made and the result is revealed but before damage is rolled."

(Btw, everything found on d20pfsrd and Library of Metzofitz include the errata changes.)
    Ah, thanks a bunch for that. I believe the copy of the PDF at paizo.com was never updated and for some reason my account at dreamscarred.com dissapeared. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Fenryr; 2019-10-13 at 09:13 PM.
    But the strong man is stronger when alone.