The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 142
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    CyperWizWurmD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2019

    Default Erfman the Barbarian

    {This is the game thread for Erfman the Barbarian. Each player shall be a facet in Erfman's mind, and when there are non-objections for a given action, they are processed, all new players are welcome}

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    CyperWizWurmD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2019

    Default Re: Erfman the Barbarian

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Compilation of Game Thread)

    Erfman the Barbarian



    Stats

    Erfman the Barbarian
    Level 1 Dollamancer (Novice)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8 Juice: 100/100
    Upkeep: 150s
    Purse: empty

    There was only darkness, no sound, no light, nothing... not that you had any eyes to see or any ears to hear or any form whatsoever... you existed only as a possibility of what could be in the endless void of nothingness! Then suddenly *pop* you existed, you had arms, you had legs and there was enough light to see the world around. Thoughts began to form in your head about who you were as you took in the sights of the world around you. You stood in a room made out of strong stone walls illuminated by a large glowing portal that stood immediately in front of you. You were in the portal room of your sides capital and last remaining city. You were a caster, a Dollamancer no less... as the knowledge of your discipline began to seep in to your head the sound of conflict could be heard. The clashing of blades, the sound of units fighting for their lives. Suddenly the portal in the room flicked out and you were bathed in darkness once again. Had you croaked already? There was an almighty rumble like the sounds of an earthquake as the walls around you came crashing down. The one slight blessing was as the walls and ceilings crumbled the light returned. But alas then you felt it... you were alone... newly popped and your side was no more... you were now a barbarian!



    Looking around the Hex all that is left of the city is ruins, rubble and debris litters the area and the only other units in the hex seem to be collapsed upon the ground. The portal is gone leaving only the stone beneath it's base. Two large chests also stand out.



    You check over the bodies of the four units in the Hex, there are two pikers and two gobwins. Based on their clothing the two Pikers do indeed belong to your fallen side the gobwins however do not wear the livery of the side. One Piker and one Gobwin are croaked, you claim their bodies and from the Piker you take the spear and armour due to your innate dollamancer senses telling you they are in better condition than the Gobwin gear. The remaining piker and Gobwin are incapacitated.

    2 actions used up

    *Erfman ponders what to do with the incapacitated units.. but first, food!*

    Taking a piece of fruit you very carefully eat it making sure to save the seeds and claim them once you are done. A feeling of being satisfied washes over you. (Your upkeep for the turn has now been paid)

    1 actions used up.

    Wary of traps you suddenly recall a simple dollamancer spell 'Wires and fires and snares oh my!' Casting for the first time you are filled with a rush of euphoria as your dollamancer senses become extremely sensitive. Checking over the chests you can not detect any mechanisms on the chests other than their hinges and their locks. The first chest is unlocked but the second chest is locked. Carefully opening the first chest you are surprised to find it is much much larger on the inside than it is on the outside. It is however unfortunately empty... or more accurately it was empty, as you stare in to the chest the two bodies that you have claimed and the fruit seeds appear at the bottom of the chest.

    2 actions used up. 25 juice used.

    *Erfman then ponders what to do concerning the locked chest, but is distracted by thoughts of Golem creations!*

    On Golem creation.

    The more complicated Golem you attempt to make the higher chance of failure there will be. It will also take longer and cost more juice to make.

    Golems will not have a maintenance cost in schmuckers but upon creation will be bestowed with a certain amount of juice by the caster. Each turn its upkeep cost will be taken from this pool. When this pool is empty the golem will become inactive and will have to be recharged with juice before it will become active again.

    In order to create a golem the caster will need material resources (wood, cloth, etc) and will use both juice and move. If the caster does not have the necessary resource some resources may be paid for in schmuckers instead.

    A simple Golem for a novice caster will take an entire turn to make.

    Non speaking units such as Golems must be given specific instructions and may auto-engage if unled. Their actions however can be used to complete tasks.
    Erfman ponders on what to do with his remaining 3 actions..


    The chest is about three foot by two foot on the outside and appears to be made of metal and magically reinforced wood. The lock appears to be made from iron. You can not be certain but you believe the chest may have been made through a combination of dollamancy and carnymancy. Inside the chest widens out until it is about the size of a small room.

    The piker appears badly battered and bruised mostly likely due to a large amount of blunt force trauma.


    Deciding that your top priority was to save the only unit from your former side that you had seen so far you remove the clothes from the croaked Gobwin and using all your remaining juice you begin to fabricate some magical bandages. You have some trouble with the spell as such actions seem to more naturally lean towards Healamancy than Dollamancy but you are able to create the bandages none the less. You have only enough bandages to treat one unit so you decide to use them on the piker quickly wrapping him up like a mummy.

    Congratulations Bob the Piker has been stabilized and next turn you may give him orders

    With no bandages left you are unsure what to do with the Gobwin and briefly your morals war with themselves. Deciding the Gobwin should at least give you some benefit you step forward with your newly claimed spear in hand and quickly croak the defenseless unit before feeling a rush of experience wash over you.

    You have croaked a Gobwin and gained experience

    Your attention then turns to the locked chest. You rush over and begin poking at the locked chest but unsurprisingly it has no effect. Realising you have neither the time or the juice to try anything more complicated you decide to save the chest for later.

    You then go in to a daydream about all the wonderful golems or items you could make but you again realize you do not have time to do this this turn.

    Realising it will not be long to end of turn you glance about for anything else you might have time to do. Dashing over to the chest you retrieve the seed before making a hole in the ground with your spear and dropping the seed inside. You then carefully crouch down and fill in the hole with soil.

    "You have planted a seed"

    END OF TURN 1

    Turn 2




    Stats

    Erfman the Barbarian
    Level 1 Dollamancer (Novice)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 3 (2+1)Defence: 3 (2+1) Move: 8 Juice: 100/100
    Upkeep: 150s
    Purse: empty
    Equipped: Piker armour, Piker spear

    Bob
    Level 1 Piker
    Hits: ? Combat: ?Defence: ? Move: 8
    Upkeep: ?


    Inventory

    Piker corpse (nude) x1
    Gobwin corpse (nude) x1
    Crude Gobwin axe x1



    You now have Piker bob in your service. Bob also has 8 actions.

    "Hello Bob,
    How do you feel about your upkeep Bob?"


    "Hello sir. My upkeep is currently unpaid sir!" Bob replies standing at attention.

    "So Bob, can you tell me what happened here? I'm newly popped myself, how about you? How old are you?"

    "and the chest, do you know what's inside this chest?


    "I'm afraid I don't know sir, all I know is not long ago we had five cities then suddenly one by one they began to fall until we only had one left" Bob replied with a grave expression on his face. "I'm fifteen turns old sir, popped here in this very city though I've never left it's walls... not that it has walls anymore" the unit answered.

    "The chest sir? I'm only a piker sir, I never got told any of the important stuff. Maybe a warlord would know?" Bob replied as he began to fidget obviously uncomfortable at being asked so many questions, usually all he got asked to do was poke his spear at enemy units.


    While talking with your new minion Bob you begin to carefully extract the seeds from the two remaining fruit using the blade of your spear which was actually a lot more difficult than you expected. You give half of the fruit to bob and instruct him to eat it which he does but he reports that he feels no different. You then give him the second half of the fruit and once he is finished he reports feeling satisfied. With your 'army' fed you decide to eat your own piece of fruit and once finished you feel satisfied.

    Erfman and Bob have both eaten a piece of fruit. Upkeep for the turn has been paid. You gain 2 fruits seeds.

    Erfman 2 actions used


    Feeling well fed and confident you tell Bob to stand back and you crack your knuckles as you step towards the chests. Summoning up a decent amount of juice you begin to work your magic on the chest. "Open says... Errr me?' you invoke as the mechanism within the lock begins to spin and the chest pops open. Rushing over you glance inside to find the bottom of the chest is covered by a thin layer of coins (300 schmuckers) and on top sits a single gem and a rolled up scroll.

    "Congratulations you have opened the chest! EXP gained"

    Erfman 2 actions and 25 juice used.


    Looking at the scroll, it appears to be a moneymancy scroll. It is labelled liquidate.


    You order Bob to go scout out the Hex to the North (while retreating immediately if hostiles are encountered). With a quick salute he hurries off disappearing past the hex boundary leaving you alone once again.

    While Bob is away you turn your attention to the seeds from the fruit that you had saved earlier. Digging two holes with the point of your spear you drop a seed in to each before carefully covering them over with soil and patting them down.

    You have planted two seeds. Erfman has used 2 actions


    Deciding to use up the last of your juice you begin working on constructing a crude humanoid shaped doll from the wooden debris in the hex. Using all of your remaining actions and juice you are able to create the units form however you have not yet granted it motion.

    You have created the shell of a crude wood Golem. Erfman has used 2 action and 75 juice

    A short while later Bob returns from his scouting mission seemingly unharmed. "Sir the northern hex had some old trees in it and a flying unit that I think was feral. It did not seem to notice me so I immediately retreated as ordered." Bob reports.

    Bob has used 4 move.

    "Do you think you could croak the feral? And do the trees have rations in them?"

    "I didn't see any fruit on the trees sir..." Bob replies before taking on a thoughtful look. "It was a fairly small Feral sir... I might be able to croak it on my own." Bob then finishes.

    "Too small to act as mount Bob?"

    "Definitely too small to be a mount..." Bob replied before being ordered to scout out the next hex. The young Piker then dashed off to the Northeast as ordered disappearing past the hex boundary. Bob seemed to take quite a while scouting out the next hex and for a while you began to wonder if something had gone horribly wrong!

    Eventually Bob did return though he did so in an awful rush with a slightly pale face and a tight grip on his trusty spear as he returned in to view. "Gobwins!" he panted out giving a one word warning.

    End of turn 2

    Off turn

    Almost as soon as your turn ended you became aware of a strange sensation, slowly you began to realise this was the feeling of a hex being contested as slowly a lone Gobwin crept in to view with axe in hand.

    Bob meanwhile readied his spear and prepared to fight. He had been popped to defend this hex and defend it he would. "Your orders sir?" Bob obediently asked though it was clear he badly wanted to engage.



    "Don't engage yet. Stack with me and wait for him to attack! So you get your piker defense bonus!" you order deciding not to do anything rash but at the same time ensuring you are ready to defend yourself.

    You quickly form a stack with Bob and you instantly feel a slight increase in your combat as you do so. "How many Gobwins did you see Bob?" You then whisper to your subordinate.

    "I saw three sir, though there was an old ruined building and there could have been more inside..." Bob whispered back without taking his eyes off of the Gobwin.

    Turning to the Gobwin you put on a large smile and wave your greeting while confidently exclaiming "Hi!" You then turn serious taking on a stern expression. You have entered a hex that belongs to me, surrender or leave and pinky swear you will not return for 10 turns!" You demand.


    The Gobwin smiled widely and raised a hand as if to wave back though when you issue your demand his smile transforms in to a scowl. "You men are funny, always making jokes...." the Gobwin replied with little amusement in his voice as he carefully studied the hex his eyes lingering in particular on you and Bob and the two chests. "You want us to go? Ok we'll go but is going to cost you..." the Gobwin then replied. "Give us 500 schmuckers and we will leave you alone..." the Gobwin offered as he developed a slightly sinister grin.

    The Gobwin is dressed the same as the two that you found in this hex earlier. They do not seem to be wearing the livery of any side that you know off...

    "There's a gem in this chest. Come here." (referencing the bigger-on-the-inside chest)
    (silent order to Bob)
    If he comes, stab him.




    "Yeah that's clever of you just hand over the money and everyone will be happy!" The Gobwin replied as he stepped forward to receive what he had been promised. Alas the poor Gobwin did not get what he had been hoping for...


    Battle begin

    Round 1

    Acting on your silent command Bob engages and lashes out with his trusty spear. The Gobwin lets out a yelp of surprise as he hops back but Bob had managed to land a glancing blow dealing a single hit.

    Seeing that the surprise attack had failed to bring down the Gobwin you fall in with Bob and thrust your own spear forwards. Just like Bob you manage to land a glancing blow and the Gobwin loses another hit.

    Howling with rage and with blood lust in his eyes the Gobwin retaliates with an almighty swing of his axe that catches Bob in the side causing Bob to grunt in pain as he loses 4 hits leaving him dangerously close to croaking. (1 hit left).

    Round 2

    Badly wounded it is now Bob's turn to howl with rage as he slams the tip of his spear in to the Gobwin's shoulder dealing 2 hits but the little devil still remains standing.

    Hoping to bring the Gobwin down before it gets a chance to finish Bob off you make a thrust with your spear once again however this time you are far off the mark.

    Stalking towards Bob like a hungry dwagon the Goblin brings his axe down in a powerful overhead swing but at the last moment Bob is able to step aside.

    Round 3

    You and Bob then both act as one advancing with spear tips raised and you thrust your weapons forwards. You each catch the Gobwin in a shoulder and he loses a further two hits before he slumps down upon the ground and collapses.

    Congratulations you have croaked the Gobwin. Erfman and Bob gain Exp.

    Turn 3

    Stats

    Erfman the Barbarian
    Level 1 Dollamancer
    (Novice)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 3 (2+1) Defence: 3 (2+1) Move: 8 Juice: 100/100
    Upkeep: 150s
    Purse: 300s
    Equipped: Piker armour, Piker spear

    Bob
    Level 1 Piker

    Hits: 5 Combat: ? Defence: ? Move: 8
    Upkeep: ?


    Inventory

    Piker corpse (nude) x1
    Gobwin corpse (nude) x1
    Crude Gobwin axe x1
    Gem
    Moneymancy scroll of 'Liquidate'
    Crude Wood Golem shell



    With the beginning of a new turn the wounds that Bob sustained in the fight with the Gobwin vanish leaving him as good as new once again. More surprisingly with the beginning of a new turn a bush pops in to existence.

    What do you do?

    As soon as the battle is over with the Gobwin you quickly claim the croaked Gobwin's corpse as bounty and the body slowly fades away and appears inside the chest. After heartily congratulating Bob on a job well done you then began to question Bob about his stats."You can't see my stats oh thats weird... I had thought that all command units could see the stats of their units..." Bob replied scratching the back of his head. "I have 5 Hits, 5 combat, 5 Defence and 8 move... oh and my upkeep is 20 schmuckers" Bob then revealed.

    Erfman has used one action

    Deciding that the most important action was to secure yours and Bob's upkeep you order Bob to harvest the fruit on the bush. Bob sets to work and begins to pluck all three pieces of fruit from the bush leaving it bare. Bob then carefully cuts up two pieces of fruit and saves the seeds. The first piece of fruit he offers to you to eat while he eats the second himself. You both feel a wave of satisfaction once you have eaten the fruit.

    Bob 4 actions used.
    Erfman and Bob have each eaten a piece of fruit. Their upkeep for the turn has been paid.
    1 piece of fruit and 2 seeds added to the inventory


    With upkeep paid you next turn you attention to scouting and once again send Bob off to scout. This time Bob heads off South East and scurries out of view

    Bob 4 actions used.

    While Bob is exploring you head back to the now unlocked chest and pick up the gem. Holding it out infront of you you carefully study the Gem before using natural moneymancy you convert the Gem to schmuckers and you feel your purse swell by 300s.

    Erfman has used 1 action.
    Purse increased by 300s


    Finally you head back to your unfinished Golem and set to work completing it and granting it motion. It might not be the most attractive looking Golem but it is the most advanced piece of dollamancy you have performed to date and it requires all of your concentration.

    Erfman has used 6 actions and 25 juice.
    Erfman has completed a crude wood golem. Next turn it will be able to act.



    Bob does not return!

    End of Turn

    Off turn

    Alone in the Hex not including your newly created Golem you suddenly get a feeling of the Hex being contested. You begin to nervously glance about with spear raised but you see no sign of enemy units. This continues for several long tense moments however just as suddenly as the sensation began it vanishes and the Hex is uncontested once again.

    Turn 4

    Stats


    Erfman the Barbarian
    Level 1 Dollamancer
    (Novice)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 3 (2+1) Defence: 3 (2+1) Move: 8 Juice: 100/100
    Upkeep: 150s
    Purse: 600s
    Equipped: Piker armour, Piker spear


    Bob
    Level 1 Piker

    Hits: 5 Combat: 5 Defence: 5 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 20s


    Crude Wood Golem
    Hits: 10 Combat: 4 Defence: 2 Move: 4
    Juice Charge: 100/100
    Upkeep: 10 juice


    Inventory

    Piker corpse (nude) x1
    Gobwin corpse (nude) x1
    Gobwin corpse (dressed) x1
    Crude Gobwin axe x1
    Moneymancy scroll of 'Liquidate' x1
    Small Fruit x1
    Fruit seeds x2



    With the beginning of a new turn two new bushes pop in to existence filled with fruit. The fruit from the harvested bush however does not seem to re-pop. Bob has still yet to return...

    What do you do?

    Satisfied with your first fully functioning Golem you issue a silent command and the Golem trundles off and retrieves one of the crude Gobwin axes from the large chest. Equipped and ready you then set the Golem to work to begin harvesting fruit from one of the bushes. Once the Golem has picked clean the first bush (picking 3 fruit) it then begins extracting the seeds from the fruit. The seeds and spare fruit are added to the growing supplies in the chest while one piece of cut up fruit is passed over to you.

    Golem has used 4 actions.
    1 piece of deseeded fruit and 3 seeds added to the inventory


    With your fruit rations prepared you tuck in to your meal and once again feel the feeling of being satisfied as your upkeep is paid. You then turn your attention to a new project the construction of a luggage Golem. You first begin by harvesting wood from the hex and turning it in to a large number of doll like legs before bringing them over to the chest. As the chest is already enchanted you struggle converting it in to a moving Golem and your control over your Dollamcy almost slips but you are able to grant it the barest amount of mobility.

    Congratulations you have created a Crude Luggage Golem.
    Erfman has used 8 actions and 60 juice.Upkeep paid.


    While you are working on the construction of The Luggage you notice Bob return. He briefly reports that the South East hex is a hill hex and contained a feral unit. He then makes his way over to the Crude Wood Golem who hands him over a fruit. Bob tucks in to the fruit and his upkeep is once again paid.

    Bob 2 actions used

    Bob then sets to work on the remaining routine tasks that you want performed. Bob first begins by heading over to the treasuring chest and 'claiming it'. Nothing seems to happen so with a shrug Bob picks up the chest carries it over and manually puts it in to The Luggage.

    Bob 1 action used

    Bob then heads over to the last bush with fruit on and begins picking fruit. Once removed Bob then cuts up the three pieces of fruit and removes the seeds.

    Bob 4 actions used
    3 deseeded fruit and 3 seeds added to inventory


    With his last action Bob then digs a hole with his spear tip and adds another seed.

    Bob 1 action used


    End of Turn

    Off turn

    You once again get the feeling of the Hex being contested however you see no sign of enemy units. This time the contested feeling does not go away...

    Turn 5

    Stats


    Erfman the Barbarian
    Level 1 Dollamancer
    (Novice)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 3 (2+1) Defence: 3 (2+1) Move: 8 Juice: 100/100
    Upkeep: 150s
    Purse: 600s
    Equipped: Piker armour, Piker spear


    Bob
    Level 1 Piker

    Hits: 5 Combat: 5 Defence: 5 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 20s


    Crude Wood Golem
    Hits: 10 Combat: 5 (4+1) Defence: 2 Move: 4
    Juice Charge: 90/100
    Upkeep: 10 juice
    Equipped: Crude Gobwin Axe


    The Luggage
    Crude luggage Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 1 Defence: 3 Move: 8
    Juice Charge: 60/100
    Upkeep: 10 juice
    Special: Carnyed - Bigger on the inside


    Inventory

    Piker corpse (nude) x1
    Gobwin corpse (nude) x1
    Gobwin corpse (dressed (Gobwin clothing, Crude Gobwin axe) x1
    Moneymancy scroll of 'Liquidate' x1
    Small Fruit x1
    Fruit seeds x7
    Deseeded fruit x 4
    Treasury chest



    The feeling of a contested Hex remains into the beginning of your next turn.

    What do you do?

    Deciding that what you need most was something to help you with your Dollamancy creations you come up with a quick design for a 'Craftman's Hammer' in your head before setting about collecting the resources that you will need. You first head towards the piles of rock and stone and with a raw application of juice you are able to retrieve a piece of rock roughly the size required for the head of a hammer. Meanwhile your Wood Golem reacts to a subconscious command and sets about collecting the wood that you will need for the handle. With supplies collected you quickly order Bob to harvest all available fruit before you and the Golem climb in to the Luggage Golem. It is a rather strange experience as you first have to squeeze yourself to fit through the opening but soon find yourself falling before landing on the wooden floor with a slight disorientating thud. Momentarily stunned it takes a while to readjust to your new surroundings.

    Erfman 1 action used. Crude Wood Golem 1 action used.
    1 unit of stone and 1 unit of wood added to inventory


    Bob meanwhile sets about collecting the three fruits from the bush before he too follows after you and squeezes in to the chest.

    Bob 2 actions used.
    3 fruit added to inventory


    With everyone now inside The Luggage your golem obeys your command and starts moving south east and out of the hex. From you position inside the cavernous chest you are hardly aware of the movement though it does not help that when the lid is closed it is pitched black inside. You eventually become aware that the Luggage has stoped moving.

    The luggage 4 actions used.

    How do you get out of The Luggage





    The walls of The Luggage are surprisingly high and even when climbing on top of the wood Golem you are still unable to reach the top. A piece of quick thinking however allows you to give a silent command to The Luggage to tip itself over and you are all rather unceremoniously regurgitated out and dumped on to the floor.

    Scrambling to your feet you issue a silent command to form a stack as you take in the second hex you have ever seen since being popped. You are in a Hill Hex and you are being watched by a feral unit. Slowly approaching you throw out a piece of fruit and the feral Billy Goat begins to eat but other than that nothing seems to happen. Feeling brave you continue to approach and by the time the Billy Goat has finished it's meal you are mere inches away. Holding out a second piece of fruit to the Billy Goat you allow the feral to eat as you pat it on the back.

    "Congratulations you have tamed a feral Billy goat. Erfman has used 2 actions and 2 fruit. Erfman has gained Exp"

    With no hostile units in the Hex you feel safe enough to temporarily break stack and begin to colonize the hex. Sending out Bob, the Piker quickly digs four holes with the tip of his spear before dropping a single seed in to each. With that done Bob then sets about separating the seeds from the fruit he picked earlier in the turn.

    Bob 6 actions used. 4 seeds used and 3 seeds gained

    The wood Golem meanwhile deseeds the final fruit that was stored in the Luggage.

    Wood Golem 1 action used

    Erfman has 5 actions remaining do you want to save these for the off turn?

    Crude Wood Golem has 2 actions remaining.


    Deciding that it would be better to use your Wood Golem for protection rather than using armor you strip off your set of Piker armor and order the Golem to wear it. The armour however does not fit but such problems are trivial for a dollamancer and with the tiniest slivers of juice you are able to modify the armour so that it fits perfectly.

    Erfman 1 action used.

    Playing on the side of caution you then decide to save your juice and actions for the off turn just in case... Before the turn ends however your stomach grumbles in protest and you share a quick meal of fruit with Bob.

    2 pieces of fruit consumed. Erfman and Bob upkeep paid.

    End of Turn 5

    Nervous that hostile units may enter the Hex you set your wood golem on guard while you and Bob attempt to get some rest. You sleep fitfully as the wind passing through the Hill hex wails like crazed feral units. Several times you awaken thinking that something is invading the hex but each time it is a false alarm.

    An hour or so before dawn you are woken by your golem having at some point managed to fall asleep. The hex is still uncontested and everything is safe. Rolling your neck and cracking your fingers you set to work on your latest masterpiece. You can see the hammer in your minds eye and as you let your juice flow you begin to bring your creation to life.

    Over an hour later you are finally done as you release your last drop of juice. Looking down with some pride you stare at the deceptively simple looking hammer.

    Erfman 4 actions, 100 juice 1 unit of stone and 1 unit of wood used

    "Congratulations you have created the 'Craftman's +1 Hammer'

    'Craftman's +1 Hammer'

    As well as being made to be surprisingly strong despite the simple materials that it is made from and it's simplistic appearance, the hammer can also be used as a focus for Dollamancy powers. In the hands of the Dollamancer it allows him to create items and golems more quickly (25% less actions required) as well as allowing him to create more advanced and complex creations.
    [/quote]

    Turn 6

    Stats


    Erfman the Barbarian
    Level 1 Dollamancer
    (Novice)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 4 (2+2) Defence: 2 Move: 8 Juice: 100/100
    Upkeep: 150s
    Purse: 600s
    Equipped: Craftman's +1 Hammer


    Bob
    Level 1 Piker

    Hits: 5 Combat: 5 Defence: 5 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 20s


    Crude Wood Golem
    Hits: 10 Combat: 5 (4+1) Defence: 3 (2+1) Move: 4
    Juice Charge: 80/100
    Upkeep: 10 juice
    Equipped: Crude Gobwin Axe, modified Piker armor


    The Luggage
    Crude luggage Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 1 Defence: 3 Move: 8
    Juice Charge: 50/100
    Upkeep: 10 juice
    Special: Carnyed - Bigger on the inside


    Billy Goat
    Hits: 7 Combat: 8 Defence: 2 Move: 20
    Upkeep: ?
    Special: ? ?

    Inventory

    Piker corpse (nude) x1
    Gobwin corpse (nude) x1
    Gobwin corpse (dressed (Gobwin clothing, Crude Gobwin axe) x1
    Piker Spear
    Moneymancy scroll of 'Liquidate' x1
    Fruit seeds x7
    Deseeded fruit x 4
    Treasury chest




    You think it would be possible to harvest wool from the goat feral.


    You once again climb back inside the luggage and order Bob and the Golem to follow you. Having done this once before you find the act slightly easier than you did before though you once again hit the ground with an abrupt thud due to the large drop. Safely inside you then order The luggage and Billy to head back to the home hex.

    Inside The Luggage it is hard to tell whether you are moving or not and time seems to pass strangely however eventually you are suddenly overcome by a lurching sensation as you are abruptly ejected from The Luggage and dumped on to the ground.

    Climbing to your feet your feet just as you are getting your bearing you hear a panicked cry from Bob. "Your orders Sir!" You hear the young Piker cry as you spot two Gobwin's charging towards you from different directions.





    Seeing the Gobwins rapidly approaching you issue a mental command to stack up and you immediately feel your attack rise as you form a 5 unit stack. Bob meanwhile raises his spear in compliance with your orders and waits for the attacking Gobwins to be in range.

    "Hi!" you then call out "wait, dont attack! we want ally, can pay your upkeep" you quickly add but the Gobwins seem to ignore you and continue their charge.

    Round 1

    The Gobwins do not stack up and attack as separate units striking from opposite sides one going for Bob and the other going for you. Bob easily evades the strike however you are not quite quick enough... fortunately at the last possible moment your wood golem steps in and takes the hit losing a single hit.

    It is now your turn to fight back and you order your forces to converge on the Gobwin that had just attacked you. With your stack bonus and the caster bonus you are granting your golems it is not even close and you hack and bludgeon the poor Gobwin in to pieces.

    Round 2

    The lone Gobwin does not back down after seeing his comrade slaughtered but instead lashes out with a wild swing of his axe. Your wood Golem once again steps forwards and takes the hit losing another hit. It is at this point however that the Gobwins unleash a surprise and a third Gobwin bursts out from beneath the ground and slams it's axe in to your Golem's chest dealing another two hits.

    Panicked by the sudden appearance of a third Gobwin literally popping out of the ground you tightly grip the handle of your hammer and thrust it forwards as you cry "Hoboken!" A blast of raw shockamancy flies forwards and strikes the Gobwin in the shoulder however your Hoboken must still be fairly weak as it only stumbles backwards slightly (taking 2 hits).

    Bob, Billy and the Golems meanwhile surround the other Gobwin. It is slammed in to by both Billy and the luggage before being pierced by both spear and axe as Billy and the Golem land their hits. The Gobwin then drops to the ground croaked.

    Round 3

    You are once again left with one remaining Gobwin though this time you carefully watch the ground for signs of more. The Gobwin wildly swings it's axe but it seems more to keep everyone back as it misses everyone.

    You then whisper "Capture" and everyone rushes forwards and dog piles the Gobwin. After a brief struggle your Golem ends up on top with the Gobwin pinned to the ground.

    "Congratulations you have won the battle and have taken a Gobwin prisoner."

    *DING!*

    "Congratulations you have levelled up! Erfman is now level 2"



    Erfman the Barbarian
    Level 2 Dollamancer
    (Novice)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 5 (2+1+2) Defence: 2 Move: 10 (8+2) Juice: 175/200
    Upkeep: 150s
    Purse: 600s
    Equipped: Craftman's +1 Hammer


    With the battle over you turn your attention to Woody, your damaged golem, and channeling some juice your perform a minor patch up to repair the worst of the damage leaving him a lot better condition than when you began.

    Erfman 2 actions and 25 juice used. Woody 3 hits restored

    Now that he has been repaired Woody switches place with The luggage and trundles off with his axe to chop some wood.

    Woody 4 actions used. 6 Units of wood obtained


    Bob meanwhile is ordered off to attempt to harvest some wool from the Billy Goat. Despite not having the proper tool for the job Bob as always makes do with with his trusty spear and the luckamancy seems to be with him this turn as he some how manages to harvest some wool.

    Bob 2 actions used. 1 unit of wool obtained.

    Once released from her torture Billie then trots off in search of something to eat. Finding one of the fruit bushes she then begins tucking in to the leaves.

    Billie 10 actions used. Billie's upkeep has been paid due to her Self sufficient special

    Erfman 8 actions and 150 juice remain
    Bob 6 actions remain
    Woody 0 actions remain



    What is a craftsman without resources with which to craft? Not much atleast as far as you were concerned. With that in mind you set about ordering your units to gather resources. With a slightly depressed look Bob set his faithful spear aside as it would be no good for gathering stone and instead picked up one of the crude Gobwin axes. While the axe was still not the ideal tool for the job with a great deal of effort the young Piker was able to begin hacking off more manageable sized chunks of rock from all the rubble and debris.

    Bob has used 6 actions. 3 units of stone obtained.

    You then turn your mind to the wonderful creations that you could make this turn. You breifly consider making a pair of Craftman's gloves but you are unsure of what to make them from so you instead turn your mind to other ideas. Finally you settle on making a simple saddle for Billie the Billy Goat. You first start with a piece of wood that Woody the Golem had gathered and channeling your Dollamancy through your hammer you set to shaping it to the correct size and shape. You then turn your attention to the wool that Bob was able to gather from Billie herself. Using your Dollamancy you are able to make the wool start knitting itself together until you have a piece large enough to cover the wood of the saddle. Drawing deeply on your growing skills as a dollamancer you then begin to strengthen the wool so that it becomes as tough and durable as leather. After some time you are finally able to step back and admire your creation.

    Erfman has used 2 actions, 25 juice, 1 unit of wood and 1 unit of wool. 1 Woolly saddle obtained.

    Once you are done Bob makes his way over and picks up the saddle and begins securing it to Billie. It is a perfect fit. With a saddle on her back Bob then climbs in to the saddle. After a nod of approval Bob and Billie then trot off disappearing south east out of the Hex and back towards the Hilly Hex. Billie is able to enter the Hex without penalty and only uses two move in doing so. The Hex is exactly as you left it so Bob directs his mount to move on and continue his scouting.

    The next Hex Bob scouts is the Hex directly South of the home hex. This is another Hilly Hex but unlike the last it is occupied by a hostile unit. The Gobwin charges fourth swinging its axe at Bob but the swing is wild and misses. As ordered Bob directs Billie to retreat though he jabs at the Gobwin as he does so though he also misses.

    Rather than head back the way they came Bob and Billie instead gallop off in to the Hex South West of the home hex, fortunately this Hex is uncontested. Bob takes a quick note of the resources available before directing Billie to head home due to her now low amount of move remaining.

    Billie has used 8 move.

    Hunger strikes! Before the end of the turn you and Bob quickly eat a piece of fruit to satisfy your hunger.

    2 pieces of fruit consumed. Erfman and Bob's upkeep has been paid

    Spoiler
    Show


    End of Turn 6

    Off Turn

    You once again leave Woody on guard while you and Bob attempt to get some sleep. This turn you manage to sleep for several hours before Woody the Golem wakes you up so that you may complete your work before dawn.

    Woody then takes over pinning the Gobwin prisoner while you set to work improving The Luggage. With The Craftman's hammer in hand and a stack of wood to your side you set to work with your improvement. With your growing knowledge of dollamancy you are able to improve the articulation in the legs of the luggage so that they are able to move more smoothly you also make it so that the legs are retractable so that the luggage can pull them back inside making it appear as the luggage is nothing but a normal chest. Next you sharpen pieces of wood in to large wooden teeth that you place within the chest. Like the legs these teeth are retractable so that they can be hidden but they give the luggage some bite to it's attack. Finally you climb inside the luggage taking all of the wood with you to start the hardest part of the upgrade. You start by shaping the wood into long thin planks that can be used as walls and floors, this in itself was not to hard but designing it and setting it up in a way that would allow the walls and floor to move so that The Luggage could form rooms and platforms within itself was quite complicated and you end up using all the wood that you had available.

    Erfman has used 6 actions, 125 juice and 5 units of wood used.
    The Luggage has been upgraded from a Crude Luggage Golem to a Luggage Golem


    Once you are done you then direct Woody to throw the Gobwin prisoner inside the luggage and The Luggage quickly forms a small room around the Gobwin effectively trapping him inside.

    Turn 7

    Stats


    Erfman the Barbarian
    Level 2 Dollamancer
    (Novice)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 5 (2+1+2) Defence: 2 Move: 10 (8+2) Juice: 200/200
    Upkeep: 150s
    Purse: 600s
    Equipped: Craftman's +1 Hammer


    Bob
    Level 1 Piker

    Hits: 5 Combat: 5 Defence: 5 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 20s
    Special: Piker defence


    Woody
    Crude Wood Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 5 (4+1) Defence: 3 (2+1) Move: 4
    Juice Charge: 70/100
    Upkeep: 10 juice
    Equipped: Crude Gobwin Axe, modified Piker armor


    The Luggage
    Luggage Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 5 Defence: 3 Move: 16
    Juice Charge: 100/100
    Upkeep: 20 juice
    Special: Carnyed - Bigger on the inside, Dollamancy - moving parts, Capture


    Billie
    Level 1 Billy Goat

    Hits: 7 Combat: 8 Defence: 2 Move: 20
    Upkeep: 25
    Special: Self Sufficient, Mountain Capable, Mount
    Equiped: Woolly Saddle

    Inventory

    Piker corpse (nude) x1
    Gobwin corpse (nude) x1
    Gobwin corpse (dressed (Gobwin clothing, Crude Gobwin axe) x1
    Piker Spear
    Moneymancy scroll of 'Liquidate' x1
    Fruit seeds x7
    Deseeded fruit x 2
    Treasury chest
    Gobwin Prisoner
    Stone x 3


  3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    CyperWizWurmD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2019

    Default Re: Erfman the Barbarian

    The crude axes' head are made of metal and the handle is wood.

    Feeling refreshed at the start of a new turn you decide your first order of business should be dealing with the Gobwin that you captured last turn. With a purpose you stride towards the luggage and issue it a mental command to let you in. The Golem obediently opens its lid and you climb inside. This time however instead of clumsily falling to the floor your foot touches a wooden platform and you slowly descend downwards as you disappear inside the cavernous chest. Everything seems empty at first before a wooden wall suddenly slides back revealing a small square room. As you approach the planks on the wall slide apart better resembling bars so that you can see the Gobwin inside without him being able to get out.

    "Hi. Why are you folk attacking us?" You exclaim by way of greeting.

    The Gobwin looks up and glares at you from within his cage. "You croak Gobwins, Gobwins croak you!" he spat back grumbling under his breath. "Not that we had much luck with that..."

    "You can't keep me here! Gobwin chief send more Gobwins to come and get me, might as well let me go now!" The Gobwin then declared.

    "Gobwin, are you Allied with any side? I don't see a side's livery on you" you question.

    "No the Gobwins have not been allied since the fall of Fanon!" the Gobwin replied.


    "Bob? What was the name of our side?" you whisper to Bob as soon as the Gobwin makes it's statement.

    "Our side was called Fanon sir ruled by the great King Headcannon..." Bob whispers back.

    Your eyes widen in surprise and you spin round to stare at the Gobwin. "That was our side!" You exclaim in excitement.

    "The alliance croaked when the side croaked..." The Gobwin declared with a shrug of it's shoulders "and you still croaked Gobwins..." the Gobwin added with a frown.

    "Can't we stop this circle of violence? We only croaked after being attacked. Look, I'll give you upkeep for two turns, and you go tell your Chief that I have a plan for feeding his entire tribe, that I will only discuss with him." you declare as you hand over two pieces of fruit.

    The Gobwin looks down at the fruit and then back up at you with a thoughtful expression on his face. "Only the chief can decide but let me go and I will tell him..." the Gobwin replied.

    With an agreement of sorts made you issue a silent command and the wooden planks slide back releasing the Gobwin. The two of you then step on to a wooden platform and are slowly lifted out of the luggage. Having no move availiable to leave the hex the Gobwin stands awkardly to the side and hopefully out of the way.

    Gobwin prisoner has been released and 2 deseeded fruit given away

    With a quick command you send Bob and Woody to collect up the Gobwin equipment and they claim the two axes just lying about.

    2 crude axes gained

    You then order Woody to harvest the fruit from the bushes and he plods along collecting up all six pieces of fruit.

    Woody 4 actions used 6 fruit gained

    At the same time you decided to test if The Luggage is any good and harvesting and you send it to collect some stone. It shuffles over to the rocks and attempts to take a bit. The rocks however are unfortunately stronger than The Luggage's wooden teeth and they crack without breaking the stone. The Luggage is however able to scoop up a few of the smaller stones.

    The Luggage 4 actions used, pebbles obtained.

    While this is going on you set to work on crafting a few mundane items. You first take the the spare treasury chest and begin to modify and reshape it with a small amount of juice and in no time at all you have converted it in to a bucket.

    Erfman 1 action, 10 juice and 1 treasury chest used. 1 bucket and metal parts obtained

    Next you take the spear head from a Piker's spear and one of the Crude Gobwin axes using your juice you remove the bladed edge from the crude axe and sharpen it before attaching it to the spear head and reforming it as a set of shears.

    Erfman 2 actions, 25 juice, 1 Piker's spear and 1 crude gobwin axe used. 1 set of shears, 1 pole and 1 Gobwin axe scrap obtained

    Your new creations are handed over to Bob and he takes them over to Billie and sets to work milking a shearing her. Bob finds it much easier to obtain wool with the shears than he did with just the blade of his spear.

    Bob 2 actions used, 1 unit of milk and 1 unit of wool obtained

    While Bob is busy you set your attention on creating a magical Mcguffin. Collecting together the leftover over metal from the chest, the Gobwin axe scrap and another Crude Gobwin axe you set to work melting the metal down and reforming it as a set of shoes for Billie. As there is so much reforming required the amount of juice used is rather large and it is a rather complicated procedure but eventually once you are done you are left with a set of magical goat shoes.

    Erfman 3 actions, 75 juice, metal parts, Gobwin axe scrap and crude Gobwin axe used. Goat shoes of retreat obtained

    Handing over your creation to Bob he slides the shoes on to Billie.

    You all then climb in to The Luggage and you head north. Once the Luggage arrives you all climb out and take a look around. As Bob reported there are a few dead looking trees and a flying feral unit though it currently seems to be ignoring you.

    The Luggage 2 move used

    Before Bob and Billy head off to scout Bob deseeds the collected fruit and then taking one of the crude Gobwin axes he sets about collecting wood.

    Bob 6 actions used. 6 deseeded fruit, 6 seeds and 3 wood obtained.

    Mounting Billie, Bob then sets off due North to scout. The pair seem to be gone for quite a while but eventually they return in an awful hurry and Bob quickly reports what he found.

    Billie 14 move used





    Erfman 4 action and 90/200 juice remain.

    It should be possible to create an item that grants tunnel capable


    Super hex map

    Spoiler
    Show



    The small object next to the tree seems to be a mushroom.

    Bob reports that when he was scouting the uncroaked moved to attack him and he would have been caught if not for the goat shoes of retreat.

    You were popped with goggles but they currently have no function... Perhaps you can change this.

    Erfman 4/10 move remains
    Bob 0/8 move remains
    Woody 0/4 move remains
    The luggage 10/16 move remains
    Billie 6/20 move remains

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Compilation of Game Thread)

    Erfman can not seem to make a decision so we shall let the dice decide what he does this turn...

    Deciding to see just what a non-humanoid unit like the unit can do you issue the Golem a couple of commands. The Luggage first shuffles towards the feral unit, the carry-on bird ruffles it feathers slightly but otherwise does not react. The Luggage then regurgitates up one of the Gobwin corpses and spits it out infront of the Feral. The feral begins to peck at the croaked unit for a while before flying off and landing in one of the croaked looking trees.

    The luggage 4 actions and 1 Gobwin corpse used. The taming attempt was not successful :(

    The Luggage next shuffles off to the downed tree and attempts to harvest some wood. It wooden teeth however are not strong enough to cut through the trunk.

    The luggage 2 actions used. Harvesting was unsuccessful

    Finally having been thoroughly unsuccessful so far The Luggage shuffles over to the mushroom and with a single bite swallows the mushroom

    The luggage 2 actions used. 1 mushroom obtained

    Deciding to gather up some extra wood incase you need it for your crafting in the offturn you pick up one of the crude Gobwin axe and set to work on chopping some wood.

    Erfman 1 action used. 1 Unit of wood gained

    Deciding to save your actions and juice for crafting in the offturn you then end turn and retire in to The Luggage.

    End of Turn 7[/quote]

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Off turn


    You leave Woody on guard while you and Bob climb inside the luggage and make yourself comfortable for another night of sleep. You are only sleeping for about an hour however when you are suddenly awoken by a deep booming voice that seems to reverberate around the inside of your head.

    "So you did not disband when your side was croaked! How unexpected..." The deep malevolent voice boomed causing your head to ache. "No matter your side was pitiful and they cowered before my might. You too shall soon know the power of the dark one. I shall give you three turns to surrender and turn yourself over to me else I shall send my minions to come and get you and I shall not be pleased..." the voice continued as you began to feel as though you were being watched. "In the mean time I shall leave you with a gift..." the voice declared in a sinister tone.

    Immediately after the deep booming voice falls silent you hear a second voice inside your head, this voice is feminine and can be heard as barely a whisper.

    "Do not despair son of Fanon. The dark one is distracted, he is fighting many wars and can not bring his full forces against you. Do not surrender he shall make you but a pawn... I will help you when I can..." the voice then faded away.


    As you return to your senses you realise that Bob is still asleep nearby having not been disturbed in the slightest. Suddenly you get the feeling of a contested hex and you hear something moving inside the dark interiors of The Luggage...



    What do you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Bob, stand ready!" You call out as you start sending out a series of mental commands. Bob quickly scrambles to his feet picking up his spear as he does so and begins to peer about in the darkness. "Sir?" he questions in confusion.

    The Luggage is next to respond to your orders and you hear the sound of wood sliding over wood as the position of the walls begin to shift. The lid of the chest then pops open and a small amount of light creeps in though it is soon blocked out as the forms of Billie and Woody squeeze through the opening.

    Needing to be able to see you spend a small amount of juice (10) and create a small floating ball of light that hovers just above your head. With the powerball giving off light you are finally able to see down the long hall like expanse that makes up the interior of The Luggage. While you can not see any hostile units you can see a small square that has been sealed off by The Luggage. You quickly form a four stack with Woody, Bob and Billie. (You can not stack with The Luggage while inside it) and you reassuringly feel your combat value rise.

    Thwack, Thwack, Thwack! the sound of metal striking wood suddenly reverberates around the chamber. Whatever has been trapped within the walled off section is quite apparently trying to get out.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    On your mental command the planks surrounding whatever is making the noise slightly slide back revealing what is trapped within.




    (Please note the Gobwin has a lifeless look in its eyes and a slack jaw and the man is nude)(the Gobwin is also obviously smaller but I can't resize it from my phone)

    The two figures groan slightly as they swing their axes taking chunks out of the wooden planks that are trapping them in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Also check whether the gobwin and human corpses are still there (one which had equipment, the other which was naked).
    All your items are in the area that is currently boxed off...


    Almost as soon as you think of it the walls of The Luggage suddenly slide backwards and slam in to the back wall pining the two shambling figures as it does so. The uncroaked let out a long anguish filled groan before their heads slump to the side completely limp. Bob then looks at you expectantly waiting for orders.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Combat begins

    Round 1

    Moving as one you and Bob both step forwards you raise your hammer and Bob raises his spear then in burst of sudden motion you strike. You feel the uncroaked's skull completely cave-in under the force of your strike and with a single strike the unit is croaked once again. Bob meanwhile is not quite so lucky and although his spear pierces the uncroaked units neck the uncroaked seems unphased (only takes 1 hit) and attempts to snap at Bob's hands as he pulls his spear free.

    As you begin to think the worst is over and that you can all begin to focus your attention on the last uncroaked unit something begins to happen with the slumped body of the Gobwin and a semi-transparent form begins to rise.



    The form lets out a haunted wail as it releases a blast of croakamantic energy that slams in to Bob and sends him flying backwards (Bob takes 2 hits)

    Your orders
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 2

    Seeing that your opponent seems to lack the proper body of a normal unit you decide that the safest plan of attack is to attack with magic. You briefly consider handing your Craftman's Hammer off to Bob but you realise that with your caster bonus boosting Golem's in your stack that Woody would actually have the higher combat value. You quickly hand your Hammer to the Wood Golem before pointing at the ghostly unit and shout "Hoboken!" A blast of raw shockamancy erupts out of your finger tips and slams in to the enemy dealing 3 hits. (25 juice used 55/200 remains)

    Woody meanwhile steps forwards with the Hammer and takes a mighty swing but the Ghost merely drifts out of the way and avoids the hit.

    The ghostly unit lets out another wail and releases a blast of energy that strikes the floor as everyone jumps back. The Luggage however does seem to shudder in response.

    At this point you issue a silent command for The Luggage to capture the ghost and a piece of wall rushes forward. As the wood makes contact with the ghost however it merely passes straight through and the spook seems completely unphased.

    Round 3

    "Hoboken!" you cry once again as you bombard the ghost with shockamancy for the second time in quick succession dealing another 3 hits. (25 juice used, 30/200 juice remains). While the ghost is distracted woody swings fourth with the hammer once again, this time there is a brief flash of light as the Hammer connects and the ghost loses a further 3 hits.

    With a pained cry the ghost retaliates and a dark blast of energy slams in to woody hurling him in to a nearby wall as he loses 6 hits. Woody struggles back to his feet but his wooden shell looks blackened and withered where he was hit.

    The Luggage then attempts to hit the Ghost with the captured uncroaked but other than a really long groan from the uncroaked all that seems to happen is the uncroaked sandwiched between two pieces of wood passes through the ghost.

    Round 4

    Getting slightly panicked now you hastily cry "Hoboken!" for the third time blasting the ghost for 3 hits once again but it still remains floating in the air a short distance away. (25 juice used, 5/200 juice remains) Woody charges back in and swings the hammer but just as he is about to make contact he is struck with another blast of croakamantic energy and hurled backwards where he lands on the ground in a heap and does not get up. (Woody takes another 4 hits and is now on 0 hits and disabled)


    Round 5

    Seeing the hammer lying on the floor Bob charges forwards and snatches up the hammer. Turning to face the ghost he then charges once again but the spook infuriatingly drifts back out of the way.

    With little juice remaining you try directing your power ball towards the Ghost. Other than lighting up the ghost and making it easier to see it seems to have little effect.

    Wailing the ghost turns his attention on to Bob and fires off another blast, before the blast can hit however Billie leaps infront of the Piker and takes the blast instead losing 3 hits.

    Round 6

    Getting slightly worried now Bob swings the hammer once again and there is a flash of light as the hammer connects. The Ghost then releases a much longer piercing wail as it's form appears to blur and fade before it drifts straight through the walls of the chest. (The ghost has retreated)

    Before you can relax however the sound of snapping wood draws attention to the last uncroaked. While you were distracted it seems to have broken free....

    Your orders?

    Stack status

    Erfman - Hits: 5/5 Juice: 5/200
    Bob - Hits 3/5
    Woody- 0/10 (disabled)
    Billie - 4/7
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 7

    The uncroaked shambles forwards making a bee line straight for Bob, before it can strike however Billie runs inbetween and is then struck by the axe losing 3 hits leaving her on a single hit.

    With a silent command you order The Luggage to capture the uncroaked once again and a section of the wall slides forwards and slams into the shambling unit. The planks however do not quite manage to pin the uncroaked and it ends up only losing 1 hit.

    Taking advantage of the uncroaked's moment of distraction you then order the luggage to let you out. The floor beneath your feet begins to rise as you, Bob, Woody and Billie are swiftly ejected from the chest.

    Once outside you use the last of your juice to ensure that Woody will survive the turn but you are unable to bring him back to his feet. You quickly restack with Bob, Billie and The Luggage as you look about for any sign of the spook but you see none. What you can hear however are the sounds of the uncroaked shuffling around inside The Luggage.

    You are unable to detect the Spook, it may be hiding under a veil or it may have left the hex....

    Your orders?
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 8

    Moving as a stack you slowly make your way around the hex looking for any sign of the spook. Despite your best efforts you are not able to spot anything until you suddenly hear a ghostly wail followed by a pained squawk. The feral unit that had been perched upon one of the trees suddenly falls to the ground croaked. Looking up you suddenly spot the Spook floating amongst the branches however before you can act on this information the Carry-on bird struggles back to its feet with a lifeless look in its eyes.

    While this is going on on the outside, inside The Luggage it is attempting to recapture it's prisoner. You can just about make out the sound of the uncroaked shuffling about before you hear a loud crash of wood. (Uncroaked loses 1 more hit)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 9

    The uncroaked Carry-On bird leaps in to the air and flys straight towards your stack. The uncroaked however doesn't seem to consider a treasure chest a threat much to its misfortune as as soon as it is in range the lid of The Luggage flies open before slamming back down on the uncroaked's head removing it from it's shoulders leaving a headless bird flapping about for several long moments before it collapses on to the ground. The Spook meanwhile phases out of sight.

    Round 10

    You and your stack furiously look around for the spook but there is no sign of it that is ofcourse until it appears right infront of your face. Reacting on instinct you thrust out your borrowed spear but it passes straight through the enemy unit. The spook then let's out a horrifying shriek and you are blasted backwards as you are thrown across the Hex losing 4 hits in the process.

    "It's hammer time!" Bob then declares as he steps forwards displaying some latent natural affinity for rhymamancy or perhaps dance fighting as he swings the Craftman's Hammer round. "Can't touch this!" he quickly follows up as he slams the hammer in to the Spook with a flash of white light that cause the unit to melt away in to a mist like substance before disappearing.

    "Ding! Congratulations Bob has leveled up and is now a level 2 Piker!"


    (You still have an uncroaked shambling around inside the luggage but combat is essentially over. Erfman has 3 actions left to use before the start of the next turn but no juice!)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Not one to waste anything you quickly claim the twice croaked corpse of the Carry-On bird. With little else left to do and too excited to sleep you pick up an axe and set to work chopping wood. With only 1 hit left your body is covered in wounds and the physical activity feels twice as hard but through your effort you are able to collect a decent amount of wood.

    Erfman 3 actions used. 4 units of wood and twice croaked Carry-On corpse gained.

    Dawn swiftly approaches!
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Turn 8

    Stats


    Erfman the Barbarian
    Level 2 Dollamancer
    (Novice)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 5 (2+1+2) Defence: 2 Move: 10 (8+2) Juice: 200/200
    Upkeep: 150s
    Purse: 600s
    Equipped: Craftman's +1 Hammer


    Bob
    Level 2 Piker

    Hits: 5 Combat: 7 (5+2) Defence: 5 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 20s
    Special: Piker defence


    Woody
    Crude Wood Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 5 (4+1) Defence: 3 (2+1) Move: 4
    Juice Charge: 60/100
    Upkeep: 10 juice
    Equipped: Crude Gobwin Axe, modified Piker armor


    The Luggage
    Luggage Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 5 Defence: 3 Move: 16
    Juice Charge: 80/100
    Upkeep: 20 juice
    Special: Carnyed - Bigger on the inside, Dollamancy - moving parts, Capture


    Billie
    Level 1 Billy Goat

    Hits: 7 Combat: 8 Defence: 2 Move: 20
    Upkeep: 25
    Special: Self Sufficient, Mountain Capable, Mount
    Equiped: Woolly Saddle, Goat shoes of escape

    Inventory

    Moneymancy scroll of 'Liquidate' x1
    Powerball x1

    Twice Croaked Gobwin corpse x1
    Twice Croaked Piker corpse
    Twice Croaked Carry-On bird corpse x1

    Fruit x0
    Deseeded fruit x 3
    Fruit seeds x13
    Bucket (filled with milk) x1
    Mushroom x1

    Stone x3
    Pebbles x1
    Wood x8
    Wool x1

    Crude Gobwin axe x2
    Shears x1
    Pole x1
    Gobwin clothes x1





    Map explored so far
    Spoiler
    Show





    With the beginning of a new turn your wounds suddenly heal and you feel healthy, clean and refreshed. Moments after this Woody climbs back to his feet and stands at the ready. Popping open The Luggage you peer inside and can see the uncroaked that you left standing idle and staring off in to the distance. The claimed corpses of the uncroaked Gobwin and uncroaked Carry-On bird meanwhile look incredibly desiccated and shriveled.



    What do you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Can we resize the The Luggage?
    no the external proportions of The Luggage can not be altered.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "Bob! Congrats!! What does that special do?? Didn't you already have bonus when defending??" You ask Bob.

    "I don't know what you mean sir I've always had that special... maybe the Titans were lazy and didn't let you see it straight away..." Bob replies with a confused look on his face. "What does it do? Well when I am defending while using a spear I get to add my Defence on to my combat value..." Bob explained slowly seemingly surprised that you did not know this already.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Battle commences

    Round 1


    Deciding the most important matter to take care of was the uncroaked trapped inside The Luggage, you therefore all stack up and prepare your respective weapons. Upon your command The Luggage then ejects the uncroaked infront of you where it looks rather confused for the couple of seconds before it is slammed in to by a powerful blast of Shockamancy as you cry "Hoboken!". The Titans seem to favour you this day as your Hoboken deals 6 hits and sends the uncroaked flying backwards where it lands in a crumpled heap and does not move again. You all then stare at the twice croaked corpse nervously apprehensive at the possibility of a Spook appearing but after a long while of staring nothing seems to happen...

    Erfman has used 25 Juice, 175/200 Juice remains. Exp gained!
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    You all pile back in to The Luggage and with a silent command you order The Luggage to take you back to the home hex. This time the journey is much more pleasant thanks to the powerball hovering in the interior of the chest giving off light and allowing you to see.

    The luggage has used 2 move

    You all pile out and find that the hex has not changed except that the Gobwin that you left here has now gone and two of the bushes once again have fruit on. You order Bob to collect the fruit and he rushes off to return a short while later with an armful of fruit.

    Bob 4 actions used and 6 fruit gained.

    With your larder restocked you all once again pile in to The Luggage before this time ordering it to head North East to where you believe a number of Gobwins will be.

    The luggage has used 2 move

    You all pile out for the second time this turn and you quickly look around the hex. The most obvious thing that you see is an old ruined wooden building, a rickety old fence surrounding a disused field and a bale of what looks like hay or straw. Dotted around the Hex are Gobwins and you spot at least three with their axes held at the ready.

    "We come in peace and with gifts! Is your Chief here and available to talk?" You call out in greeting.

    "Gobwin chief no here, Gobwin chief is at Gobwin cave two Hexes south of Fanon's capital site!" the Gobwin calls back. "We will not attack you this turn as we have orders not to attack until you talk to Gobwin chief" The Gobwin continued. "This last this turn and the next but no longer..." The Gobwin finished.

    What do you do?"

    Erfman 10 actions and 175 juice remains
    Bob 6 actions remain
    Woody 4 actions remain
    Billie 20 actions remain
    The Luggage 12 actions remain
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Quote Originally Posted by mnwxy
    I was hoping for a ruins that was a little more on the treasure-popping side and less on the kinda-useless side...
    The hex you are currently in is not actually a 'ruins hex' it is just in a state of ruin due to being recently destroyed much like your city hex has been....
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Climbing back in to the luggage you set off once again this time heading south, as you are entering a Hill hex the journey takes longer however once you arrive you are rewarded by the sight of four bushes filled with fruit.

    The Luggage has used 4 move

    With of a wave of the hand you send Bob and Woody out to collect fruit. A short while later they both return with their armsfull of fruit.

    Bob 4 actions used, Woody 4 actions used. 12 Fruit gained.

    Bob and Woody then climb back in to The Luggage and you once again set off to the south. This half of the journey takes even longer still and seems particularly rough and bumpy.

    The Luggage 8 move used used


    Climbing out of The Luggage you are rather suprised to find that you are in a mountain hex. Once again there are a number of Gobwins that are watching you carefully.

    Spoiler
    Show




    Erfman 10 actions and 175 juice remains
    Bob 2 actions remain
    Woody 0 actions remain
    Billie 20 actions remain
    The Luggage 0 actions remain





    What do you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Crafting Requirements while using the Craftman's Hammer

    Upgrade Woody 3 actions 50 Juice
    Build a new wood Golem 6 actions 100 juice
    Create Motion-tracking goggles 3 actions 100 juice
    Create a generic +1 axe 3 actions 50 juice
    Create a generic +1 spear 3 actions 50 juice
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Deciding to take care of upkeep first you send Billie off to forage while you and Bob sit down and split a single piece of fruit and the milk between you.

    Billie has used 10 actions. Milk and 1 piece of fruit consumed.
    Erfman, Bob and Billie upkeep paid.


    Once Billie returns from foraging you set Bob to work shearing her wool and collecting more milk.

    Bob has used 2 actions. Wool and milk gained


    Your own actions and juice you once again decide to save for crafting in the offturn.


    End of turn

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Off Turn


    Once your turn is over you notice that the Gobwins in the Hex begin to group together and begin to chatter in their Gobwin language before one suddenly dashes off and leaves the hex to the south west. A fair amount of time passes before a Gobwin enters the hex from the south west and the Gobwins group together for the second time. Once huddling together the Gobwins one by one begin to disapear off down an old mine shaft.

    Once night falls you and Bob retire in to the luggage to get some sleep. Occasionially throughtout the night you hear noises most likely made by the Gobwins but you do not awake fully until Woody wakes you to begin your crafting.

    (now the dice have decided what you do next)

    With a number of ideas floating you struggle to focus on which tasks to focus on. You eventually decide that having more units would be the most help so taking the Craftman's Hammer and some wood you set to work creating a new Wood Golem. Using what you learnt since making Woody and the extra ability that the Hammer grants you, you set to work improving upon Woody's design. After a fair amount of time you stand back and admire your new creation.

    Erfman 6 actions, 100 juice and 3 units of wood used. Wood Golem created

    You next turn your attention to upgrading Bob's spear so that incase you run in to another Spook he will be able to help fight it off. It is a relatively simple task but with an application of some juice you are able to modify it not only increasing the sharpness of the spear head but making it so that it will be able damage units that lack bodies made of normal stuff.

    Erfman 3 actions and 50 juice used. Piker +1 Spear obtained

    With the last of your juice you set about recharging your Golems.

    1 action and 25 juice used



    Dawn approaches

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Turn 9

    Stats


    Erfman the Barbarian
    Level 2 Dollamancer
    (Novice)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 5 (2+1+2) Defence: 2 Move: 10 (8+2) Juice: 200/200
    Upkeep: 150s
    Purse: 600s
    Equipped: Craftman's +1 Hammer


    Bob
    Level 2 Piker

    Hits: 5 Combat: 8 (5+2+1) Defence: 5 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 20s
    Special: Piker defence
    Equipped: Pikers +1 Spear


    Woody
    Crude Wood Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 5 (4+1) Defence: 3 (2+1) Move: 4
    Juice Charge: 55/100
    Upkeep: 10 juice
    Equipped: Crude Gobwin Axe, modified Piker armor


    unnamed
    Wood Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 9 Defence: 4 Move: 8
    Juice Charge: 100/100
    Upkeep: 20 juice


    The Luggage
    Luggage Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 5 Defence: 3 Move: 16
    Juice Charge: 80/100
    Upkeep: 20 juice
    Special: Carnyed - Bigger on the inside, Dollamancy - moving parts, Capture


    Billie
    Level 1 Billy Goat

    Hits: 7 Combat: 8 Defence: 2 Move: 20
    Upkeep: 25
    Special: Self Sufficient, Mountain Capable, Mount
    Equiped: Woolly Saddle, Goat shoes of escape

    Inventory

    Moneymancy scroll of 'Liquidate' x1
    Powerball x1

    Twice Croaked Gobwin corpse x1
    Twice Croaked Piker corpse x1
    Twice Croaked Carry-On bird corpse x1

    Fruit x18
    Deseeded fruit x 2
    Fruit seeds x13
    Bucket (filled with milk) x1
    Mushroom x1

    Stone x3
    Pebbles x1
    Wood x5
    Wool x2

    Crude Gobwin axe x2
    Shears x1
    Pole x1
    Gobwin clothes x1






    Map explored so far
    Spoiler
    Show





    A new turn begins and you once again feel refreshed and ready to go. The Gobwins are discretely watching you with interest particularly after you animated a new unit in the early hours.



    What do you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "What happened southwest of here? Is your chief still in that hex?" You question one of the Gobwins as they go about their business.

    "Gobwin chief there, he wait for you!" the Gobwin quickly replied before scurrying off.

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Changing up your usual routine slightly you begin the turn by continuing on with your crafting. You start working on one of the crude Gobwin axes and using your skills as a Dollamancer and some juice you are able to refine the weapon, sharpening and strengthening it.

    Erfman 3 actions and 50 juice used. A crude Gobwin Axe is now a Gobwin Axe +1

    Next you set to work enhancing the goggles that you were popped with, this work is a lot more tricky than a simple weapon and you easily spend twice as long working on them. The crafting process pushes at the limits of your skills as a Dollamancer but eventually you are successful.

    Erfman 3 actions used and 100 juice. Motion Goggles created.

    Motion Goggles

    These Goggles when worn by a Dollamancer allows him to better understand how a Golem should move. This allows the Dollamancer to create more advanced Golems and spend 10% less juice on their creation. They also have the added benefit of doubling the Dollamancer's chance of spotting a hidden or veiled unit.
    With your new Goggles strapped upon your head and your Craftman's hammer in hand you set to work upgrading Woody. You gather together the resources that you think you will need in this case being wood, some stone and a crude Gobwin axe and you set to work improving your masterpiece. Using stone you are able to increase Woody's sturdiness and durability however thanks to the knowledge you have gained since popping you are also able to increase the fluidity of the Golem's movement. Next you begin deconstructing the Gobwin's axe and you use it to increase the offensive capability of the unit. When you are done you step back and Woody has been completely transformed.

    Erfman 3 actions, 50 juice, 1 unit of wood, 2 units of stone and 1 crude Gobwin axe used. Woody is now a Reinforced Wood Golem. Woody is now a Heavy unit! Modified Piker armour no longer fits Woody.



    While you were working your new Wood Golem Jessie acting on your silent instructions plants a single seed.

    Jessie 1 action and 1 seed used

    The Wood Golem then begins to deseed the fruit in your stores, a very mundane and tedious process but what are Golems for....

    Jessie 7 actions and 10 fruit used. 10 deseeded fruit and 10 fruit seeds gained.

    Once you are finished working on Woody he too then joins the deseeding process.

    Woody 6 actions and 8 fruit used. 8 deseeded fruit and 8 seeds gained.

    You then take a break a sit down with Bob for a quick bite to eat each eating one of your many fruit.

    2 fruit consumed. Erfman and Bob upkeep paid

    Work done and well fed you decide its time to head off to negotiate so you all climb in to the Luggage and set off. Mountain travel is somewhat bumpy but you eventually arrive and you all pile out.

    The Luggage 8 move used

    You are greeted by the sight of another mountain Hex there however is a cave in the side of a cliff face and two Gobwins stand on guard. As you approach a different looking Gobwin makes it's way out of the cave who you presume to be the Gobwin chief.


    "We come in peace and with gifts! Is your Chief here and available to talk?" you call out in in greeting.

    "I am Bowie Chief of the Gobwins!" A slightly larger Gobwin calls back as he seems to size you and your companions up.


    "Heya Chief, I'm Erfman, son of Fanon.

    I'm am deeply regretful of the deaths that came to gobwins by my hand; I am newly popped and only the night before last encountered our true foe, the master of the uncroaked;

    I have seen him animate the corpses of our fallen while not even being in the same hex! And I've experienced the terror that are the Spooks that appear after such Corpses are re-croaked, how their howling shrieks scour the flesh from our bones and how the allies they fell rise again to fight against us."
    you begin.

    "I know of the Dark One! He for who the rules do not apply. I have heard it whispered that he has mastered three disciplines of magic. He is a fearsome foe to face!" the Gobwin chief replied in a hushed tone.

    "I plan to rebuild Fanon's capital, and scour this menace clean from the face of the Erf.
    I am a Dollamancer with a scroll that turns an item into schmuckers, I plan to upgrade a magical item over the turns and when sufficiently enhanced to liquidate it to rebuild Fanon city."
    you explain.

    "I offer you peace for now, and alliance when Fanon is again a force to be reckoned with!" you offer.

    "Though you may not have meant to you have wronged the Gobwins so peace will not be free. For peace we will require tribute of 5 pieces of fruit per turn" the Gobwin Chief replied. "As for an alliance to restore that which was croaked will be more costly. The price shall be 1,000 schmuckers and then the Gobwins shall wear the colours of Fanon once again" the Chief declared.

    "In the meanwhile, if you find metals or gems in your forays underground and gift them to me, I pinky-swear promise to return your gifts ten-fold when Fanon is rebuilt." you finish with a serious look.

    "Gem's or ore that we find we would be willing to trade Dollamancer. What we want in return are weapons capable of hurting the Spooks!" the Gobwin chief counter offered.



    What do you do?



    Erfman 1 action and 0 juice remain
    Bob 10 actions remain
    Woody 2 actions remain
    Jessie 0 actions remain
    The luggage 8 actions remain
    Billie 20 actions remain
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    the negotiations continue...

    "Oh, trading is indeed our preference as well. And if provided with the weapons I'm able to guarantee the upgrading of one weapon per turn to Spook-killing quality." You offer Bowie the Gobwin chief.

    As a show of good faith I have such an example of Spook-killing weapon right here *handle axe* which I gift upon you in hopes of future continued mutual gifts." you then add as you hand over the upgraded Gobwin axe.

    The Gobwin takes the axe and swings it around a few times before being seemingly satisfied with the weapon.


    "This axe will damage Spooks and also will increase damage against mundane units. We would upgrade more for 250 schmuckers each, and we can do three per turn.." you then declare.

    "We are Gobwins not moneymancers we can not simply make schmuckers appear out of thin air!" The Gobwin chief responded. "We will give you Gems to the value of 100 schmuckers for each axe that you supply us and each turn that you provide us with an axe you need not pay us tribute in fruit." the chief counter offered.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Chief, the sooner we have Fanon city up and running again the better, I would think.
    If you would gift unto me all the gems you may have stored we can rebuild Fanon all the sooner and start MAKING schmuckers out of thin air to feed all the gobwins.
    Not only that, but the axes seem to be your only real way of defense against the Spooks, my presence makes it possible for you to fight and destroy, instead of only croaking or hiding. I'm offering you something of incredible worth, if you had no way to damage the Spooks until now.
    But if you wish to set a price: how about you gift me enough ore to make 2 axes, or gems of 200 schmucker worth per upgrade,
    and the gobwins always come to me to receive the fruits and/or axes."
    You declare.

    "Very well we have a deal for each axe that you upgrade we shall give you gems to the value of 200 schmuckers or enough ore to craft two axes." The chief agreed.

    "If you are reluctant to gift unto me the gems you may already have, because you fear for the upkeep of your people in the following turns, I have already with me many fruits, and can get more if you were to trust me with your gem hoard." you then add.

    "We have no gem hoard we use them as soon as we find them we have a few that we found this turn and some ore but that is all..." the Gobwin chief replied

    "If you accept the trade deal, then we will create a bush in the ruined farm hex to the northeast of the capital three turns after the trade. As a gesture of goodwill, last turn we started the process in the mountain hex northeast of us, and a bush will pop there soon.." you t hen finish.


    Any more orders for this turn?

    Erfman 1 action and 0 juice remain
    Bob 10 actions remain
    Woody 2 actions remain
    Jessie 0 actions remain
    The luggage 8 actions remain
    Billie 20 actions remain
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Fantastic Chief! We'll be moving out before end of turn, is there any axes, gems or ore you would like us to have before of that?" you declare.

    " I can give you a gem worth 200 schmuckers and two units of metal ore this turn however we will expect two axes next turn" the chief offers.


    "Since I'm newly popped, all these hexes and hex types are new to me; do you have a map of the grounds Fanon used to occupy? Could you show me a map of the surrounding hexes or draw it on the floor, and tell me what each hex type is supposed to mean?"

    "No the Gobwins do not keep maps but I can tell you this much, south of here the mountains become impassable, you can move two hexes to the east of here but beyond that the mountains are again impassable. North of the mountains to the east you will reach sea hexes. West of here you will find a river. To the North and to the west of here are where the cities of Fanon once were and the direction that the dark one came from. That is all the Gobwins know"

    "Very well Chief, give us the 2 regular axes, the gems and ore and we'll work extra hard to upgrade them both tomorrow."

    The chief hands over the gem, the ore and the axes
    [quote="wiz"]While the Gobwins are not looking you quickly bend down and plant a single seed in the tough mountain ground.

    Erfman 1 action used, 1 seed used.


    After having recieved the Gem, ore and Axes from the Gobwins you all climb back in to the luggage and set off towards your home hex. The ride is bumpy and constantly down hill but you eventually arrive and you all pile out.

    The Luggage 6 move used

    With a quick order you set Woody and Bob to planting as many seeds as possible.

    Woody 2 actions used, Bob 10 actions used. 12 seeds used

    Bob then mounts up and sets off on a scouting mission on Billie heading off to the west. He is gone for a while but soon returns with his report.

    Billie 8 move used

    Left to her own devices Billie then sets about foraging up some food

    Billie 10 actions used. Billie upkeep paid


    Spoiler
    Show


    Erfman 0 action and 0 juice remain
    Bob 0 actions remain
    Woody 0 actions remain
    Jessie 0 actions remain
    The luggage 2 actions remain
    Billie 2 actions remain

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    CyperWizWurmD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2019

    Default Re: Erfman the Barbarian

    End Turn?[/quote]

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Deciding to use every single action possible you order The Luggage and Billie to attempt to harvest some fruit. The Luggage goes first and with an almighty chomp the luggage begins pulling at the branches of the bush. The luggage is perhaps a little too efficient as not only is the fruit removed but large amounts of leaves and branches are ripped off too.

    The luggage 2 actions used. Fruit bush branches obtained

    Billie meanwhile attempts to be much more delicate but picking fruit with your teeth is not ideal and she ends up accidentally taking a couple of bites out of the fruit.

    "Billie 2 actions used. Damaged fruit obtained."


    End of turn 9!
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Off Turn

    You suddenly tense up as a feeling of a contested Hex washes over you though you soon relax once a single Gobwin with a sack thrown over it's shoulder plods in to view. The Gobwin looks in your direction gives you a brief nod of acknowledgement before scurrying over to an area of cracked earth. Slamming his axe in to the ground a small area of floor crumbles away and the Gobwin hops down in to the new hole.

    Before you can do anything else a deep booming voice suddenly reverberates around the inside of your head. "Tinker! I hope you have considered my very generous offer!" The voice Boomed. "I grow impatient, turn yourself over to me now! the malevolent voice demanded "Or do you require more convincing... the voice continued in a sinister tone.



    What do you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Ummm sorry for croaking your Spook..." you respond trying to take a diplomatic route.

    "You need not worry I have more where that one came from many many more!" the dark one replied ominously.

    "Uh, what exactly am I going to be doing? " you then question.

    "Building your toys ofcourse!" the voice booms. "I have a side or two that I could use them against..."

    "And I don't even know where you are.." you finally state.

    "I am everywhere!" the voice declares. "All you need do is turn to the dark side.... Did I mention we have cookies...." the dark one replies.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Hmm.. Working on toys does sound appealing.. I would be willing to join you given some signamancy enforced conditions.." you exclaim.

    "Oh as easy as that... I don't need to torture you in to agreeing?" the voice replies sounding somewhat disappointed. "Very well, send me your terms...." the voice then booms.
    *Thinkagrammed imagined contract: Declaration of employment between Erfman and the Dark One
    Section 1 – Terms of contract

    This magically Signed document shall be held by both signed parties in accordance with their respective naming policy. (Henceforth, "the contract".)
    The contract stands in continuous effect for all signatories from the moment this contract is Signed by those parties until expiry or severance of the contract.
    Orders issued prior to the contract by either Party may not cause any violation of this contract unless those orders are expressly against a named signatory.

    Section 2 – Identification

    Party of the first part, The Dark One, is a side under the rule of The Dark One with a capital city at the time of Signing _______, at coordinates ______________
    Signatory unit for The Dark One shall be ________, action in capacity as _______.
    Party of the second part, Erfman, a unit formally of Fanon popped at ______ at location ______.
    Signatory unit for Erfman shall be Dollamancer Erfman acting in capacity as Barbarian Dollamancer.

    Section 3 – Statements

    This contract is made in recognition of these facts.
    Both parties have initiated hostile actions against the others interests
    Both parties have initiated hostile actions against the other directly
    Both parties have initiated hostile actions against material owned by the other party, excluding the self (henceforth, "property")
    Both parties agree to act, henceforth to their mutual benefit and to prevent all hostilities by each Party for a period of 50 turns from the Signing of this contract.
    That during those 50 turns Erfman shall be bound by the contract to operate, in accordance with the contract, to further his sides interests.
    That in addition to this, The Dark One agrees to provide certain considerations to Erfman, in exchange for Erfmans assent to this contract.
    That both parties shall be bound to automagically enforced Penalties for breach of this contract.

    Section 4 – The Contract

    Terms
    Erfman shall act at the direction of The Dark One except where said actions could cause harm to those units identified as Erfmans, or any material property of theirs. This includes all units currently paid for by Erfman or those for which Erfman has contributed to their upkeep since popping. (Henceforth, the "warband")
    Erfman agrees not to act in a subversive manner against the property of The Dark One. Doing so on either party will result in triggering a breach of terms.

    Considerations and Compensation
    The Dark One agrees to give a two-turn grace period in which no obligations are realized to allow Erfman to fulfill other contractual obligations.
    The Dark One agrees to provide 1,200 Schmuckers to Erfman to be used to claim the capital site of Fanon. Failure to do so writhing three turns of the Signing of the contract will result in the Darin one paying 1,200 Schmuckers to Erfman.
    The Dark One agrees to disclose the details of the fall of Fanon within 3 turns of the contracts Signing.
    Erfman agrees to operate in the best interests of ______ and to spend no less than 50% of his juice, but no more than 75%, as directed by The Dark One, to create dollamancy items and/or golems (henceforth, "toys"), and hat these will be delivered by portal to the Capital of the Dark One.
    Erfman agrees to utilise the powers fo DOllamancy to the benefit of _____ unless doing so would place Erfman or the warband in a position to suffer harm.
    The Dark One agrees, to the best of his ability, to ensure the tower of Fanon is optimised for Dollamancy.
    Erfman agrees, that in exchange for an additional 5 turns to the terms for occurance, that The Dark Once, at Erfmans discretion, shall provide the hired barbarians for a linkup to push the boundaries of magic for the betterment of the side ______ and/or the warband.
    All Dollamantic units shall enter as part of the warband.
    Neither Party may, under any circumstances, hire, coerce, suggest, or in any way attempt to get any other side to cause damage to the other.
    Erfman shall be free to explore Dollamancy, unless in breach of other sections of the contract.

    Span
    This contract shall be in continuous effect across all turns of all sides for the duration of 50 turns from the Signing of the Contract. The span of effect shall not be altered except by mutual assent of both parties in Signed amendment or automagically as dictated by the contract.
    Upon the completion of the contract the city of Fanon shall be turned over to Erfman and neither side may enage with one another for the duration of 100 Turns.

    Breach
    The Parties agree to be bound by the universal principles, forces, actions and consequences of Signamancy, whereby the inherent magic of the contract shall serve as the sole mechanism for detecting, determining, and penalizing a breach or default of the contract's terms.
    Parties should be clear on both the wording and the intent of the contract as to their particular obligations and restrictions at the time of Signing, as these shall constitute the basis upon which a breach is automagically adjudged.

    Penalties

    Breach of terms
    The Penalty for breach of terms (as dictated by Section 4, Terms) shall be, on the part of The Dark One, remuneration into a fund to be paid to Erfman at the completion of the contract of 50,000 Shmuckers, or one half of the treasury, whichever is the lesser.
    The Penalty for breach of terms (as dictated by Section 4, Terms) shall be, on the part of Erfman, an addition of 5 turns per breach to the Span of the contract.
    The Penalty for breach of obligations (as dictated by Section 4, Considerations and Compensation) shall be the automagical disbandment of the offending party in one turn. (That's so that we have a lifeline to re-negotiate.)
    In the event that a breach seems unavoidable or desirable, either Party may propose an alternative remedy. If, within 1 turn, both Parties are in full agreement, this remedy may be adopted in place of a penalty.

    Severability
    The Parties agree that breach or default of any part of the contract shall not constitute a termination of the entirety of the contract. Obligations, restrictions and penalties shall remain in place for the duration of the contract, even in the event of a breach or default of one or more of its parts. The contract is not rendered void by the subsumation of either side as a colony. Neither Party may transfer their obligations to another part under any circumstances.

    Actions Not Considered
    Any actions not determined by the contract shall not cause the nullification of the contract.
    This contract constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to its subject matter and supersedes any other agreements between those parties written or oral.

    Authorised Sigantures
    This the contract is activated and executed by the will of the parties
    ___________
    The Dark One ______ for ________
    ___________
    Erfman, Barbarian Dollamancer
    The Dark One has received the contract and is carefully reading it

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Compilation of Game Thread)


    "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You certainly have a high opinion of yourself Tinker!" the voice booms within your head. "As you have amused me I shall be generous.... I shall offer you the following terms!"


    Quote Originally Posted by The Contract
    Declaration of employment between Erfman and the Dark One

    Section 1 – Terms of contract

    This magically Signed document shall be held by both signed parties in accordance with their respective naming policy. (Henceforth, "the contract".)

    The contract stands in continuous effect for all signatories from the moment this contract is Signed by those parties until expiry or severance of the contract.

    Orders issued prior to the contract by either Party may not cause any violation of this contract unless those orders are expressly against a named signatory.

    Section 2 – Identification

    Party of the first part, The Darkside, is a side under the rule of The Dark One with a capital city at the time of Signing The Dark Lands.

    Signatory unit for The Darkside shall be The Dark One, acting in capacity as Overlord.

    Party of the second part, Erfman, a unit formally of Fanon popped at Fanon City.

    Signatory unit for Erfman shall be Dollamancer Erfman acting in capacity as Barbarian Dollamancer.

    Section 3 – Statements

    This contract is made in recognition of these facts;

    Both parties have initiated hostile actions against the others interests
    Both parties have initiated hostile actions against the other directly
    Both parties have initiated hostile actions against material owned by the other party, excluding the self (henceforth, "property")

    Erfman agrees to turn to the Dark Side and act as a unit of said side for a minimum of 100 turns from the Signing of this contract. That during those 100 turns (and any extensions) Erfman shall be bound by the contract to operate, in accordance with the contract, to further the Dark Ones interests and obey all orders given by the Dark One.

    That in addition to this, The Dark One agrees to provide certain considerations to Erfman, in exchange for Erfmans assent to this contract.

    That both parties shall be bound to automagically enforced Penalties for breach of this contract.

    Section 4 – The Contract

    Terms

    Erfman agrees to turn to the Dark Side and act as a unit of said side for a minimum of 100 turns from the Signing of this contract. That during those 100 turns (and any extensions) Erfman shall be bound by the contract to operate, in accordance with the contract, to further the Dark Ones interests and obey all orders given by the Dark One. Any attempt to Turn from the Darkside during the span of the contract shall cause Erfman to automagically disband.

    All units currently under Erfman's command shall turn to the Darkside with Erfman and shall form the warband.

    Erfman shall act at the direction of The Dark One. Erfman agrees not to act in a subversive manner against the property, units or interests of The Dark One. Doing so will result in triggering a breach of terms.

    The Dark One agrees to provide 1,200 Schmuckers to Erfman to be used to claim the capital site of Fanon. Failure to transfer the funds within three turns of the Signing of the contract will result in the Dark One paying 1,200 Schmuckers to Erfman. These schmuckers must be returned to the Dark One in full upon the point that Erfman leaves the Darkside.

    During the span of the contract Erfman's purse shall remain separate from the Darkside's treasury. All schmuckers produced by Fanon during the span of the contract shall be retained for use by Erfman. All maintainence costs and expenses incurred by Erfman, his warband or units he chooses to add to his warband (popped, crafted tamed or by any other means) will be paid for from Erfman's purse. No extra funds may be claimed from the Darkside except with express permission of the Dark One.

    The Dark One agrees not to disband Erfman. Breach of this clause will result on the automagical disbandment of the Dark One.

    The Dark One agrees not to disband any members of the Warband.

    The Dark One agrees to disclose the details of the fall of Fanon within 3 turns of the contracts Signing.

    The Dark One agrees to provide no less than 2 Flesh Cookies per turn to Erfman.

    Erfman agrees to operate in the best interests of the Dark One and to spend no less than 50% of his juice, but no more than 75%, as directed by The Dark One, to create dollamancy items and/or golems (henceforth, "toys"), and that these be handed over to any designated unit upon the order of the Dark One.
    Erfman agrees to utilise the powers of Dollamancy to the benefit of the Dark One.

    The Dark One agrees, to allow the tower of Fanon to be optimised for Dollamancy at Erfman's own expense.

    Erfman agrees, that in exchange for an additional 10 turns to the span of the contract, that The Dark One,on a single occasion, at Erfman's discretion, shall provide a hired barbarian caster for a linkup to push the boundaries of magic for the betterment of the side. If a barbarian caster is available they must be provided within 10 turns of the request.

    Neither Party may, under any circumstances, hire, coerce, suggest, or in any way attempt to get any other side to cause damage to the other.

    Erfman shall be free to explore Dollamancy, unless in breach of other sections of the contract.

    Erfman agrees to croak all non allied Gobwin units in a 5 hex radius of Fanon city by 10 turns from the signing of the contract or be in breach of contract. Each turn after the 10th turn with Gobwin's within this radius shall count as a new breach.

    Span

    This contract shall be in continuous effect across all turns of all sides for the duration of 100 turns from the Signing of the Contract. The span of effect shall not be altered except by mutual assent of both parties in Signed amendment or automagically as dictated by the contract.

    Upon the completion of the contract Erfman shall be given the opportunity to purchase the city of Fanon and neither side may engage with one another for the duration of 20 Turns. Any cities conquered by Erfman during the span of the contract shall immediately be handed over to the Dark Ones control at the point of conquest.

    Breach

    The Parties agree to be bound by the universal principles, forces, actions and consequences of Signamancy, whereby the inherent magic of the contract shall serve as the sole mechanism for detecting, determining, and penalizing a breach or default of the contract's terms.
    Parties should be clear on both the wording and the intent of the contract as to their particular obligations and restrictions at the time of Signing, as these shall constitute the basis upon which a breach is automagically adjudged.

    Penalties

    Breach of terms

    The Penalty for breach of terms (as dictated by Section 4, Terms) shall be, on the part of The Dark One, renumeration into a fund to be paid to Erfman at the completion of the contract of 5,000 Shmuckers.

    The Penalty for breach of terms (as dictated by Section 4, Terms) shall be, on the part of Erfman, an addition of 10 turns per breach to the Span of the contract and a debt of 5,000 schmuckers to be paid at the end of the contract.

    In the event that a breach seems unavoidable or desirable, either Party may propose an alternative remedy. If, within 1 turn, both Parties are in full agreement, this remedy may be adopted in place of a penalty.

    Severability

    The Parties agree that breach or default of any part of the contract shall not constitute a termination of the entirety of the contract. Obligations, restrictions and penalties shall remain in place for the duration of the contract, even in the event of a breach or default of one or more of its parts. The contract is not rendered void by the subsumation of either side as a colony. Neither Party may transfer their obligations to another part under any circumstances.

    Actions Not Considered

    Any actions not determined by the contract shall not cause the nullification of the contract.
    This contract constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to its subject matter and supersedes any other agreements between those parties written or oral.

    Definitions

    The Fund as defined under breach of terms shall consist of a private treasury held automatically and without rights of withdrawal or conversion. On each breach, half shall be made available in Schmukers to the purse of Erfman immediately using the natural Moneymancy of the capital city The Dark lands. Upon the completion of the contract this shall be immediately deposited in the form of schmukers into the treasury of Fanon to be at the disposal of Erfman for whatever purposes he deems fit.

    Declaration

    The contract shall be magically bound by Signamancy issued by an independent qualified barbarian Signamancer provided from the Magic Kingdom at the expense of The Dark One.

    Any and all attempts to discuss the contract with entities not identified as the undersigned or members of the described Warband shall be automagically restricted. Any attempts by a third party to subvert this by asking questions which must have singular answers will result in this clause being nullified and the undersigned being automatically notified of the others subversion.


    Authorised Sigantures

    This the contract is activated and executed by the will of the parties

    THE DARK ONE
    The Dark One Overlord for The Darkside

    ______________________
    Erfman, Barbarian Dollamancer


    "Accept now and I shall have a signamancer activate the contract!"






    What do you do?[/quote]

    Quote Originally Posted by mnwxy
    "If I may, it will vastly expedite the transfer if we have a portal right here in Fanon, so I think it is in our best interest to have the capital of Fanon as an independent side."
    (Countercontract)


    Quote Originally Posted by The Contract Ver. 2
    Declaration of employment between Erfman and the Dark One

    Section 1 – Terms of contract

    This magically Signed document shall be held by both signed parties in accordance with their respective naming policy. (Henceforth, "the contract".)

    The contract stands in continuous effect for all signatories from the moment this contract is Signed by those parties until expiry or severance of the contract.

    Orders issued prior to the contract by either Party may not cause any violation of this contract unless those orders are expressly against a named signatory.

    Section 2 – Identification

    Party of the first part, The Darkside, is a side under the rule of The Dark One with a capital city at the time of Signing The Dark Lands.

    Signatory unit for The Darkside shall be The Dark One, acting in capacity as Overlord.

    Party of the second part, Erfman, a unit formally of Fanon popped at Fanon City.

    Signatory unit for Erfman shall be Dollamancer Erfman acting in capacity as Barbarian Dollamancer.

    Section 3 – Statements

    This contract is made in recognition of these facts;

    Both parties have initiated hostile actions against the others interests
    Both parties have initiated hostile actions against the other directly
    Both parties have initiated hostile actions against material owned by the other party, excluding the self (henceforth, "property")

    Erfman agrees to act as an ally (with no contractual obligations) and act as an allied unit of Darkside for a minimum of 100 turns from the Signing of this contract. That during those 100 turns (and any extensions) Erfman shall be bound by the contract to operate, in accordance with the contract, to further the Dark Ones interests and obey all orders given by the Dark One, with his own consideration to priority. So that there is a provision for Erfman being incapacitated, or otherwise unable to function, Erfman can delay orders for up to five (5) turns.

    That in addition to this, The Dark One agrees to provide certain considerations to Erfman, in exchange for Erfmans assent to this contract.

    That both parties shall be bound to automagically enforced Penalties for breach of this contract.

    Section 4 – The Contract

    Terms

    Erfman agrees to have the side with the capital site located where Fanon once was be an ally of Darkside and act as an ally of said side for a minimum of 100 turns from the Signing of this contract. That during those 100 turns (and any extensions) Erfman shall be bound by the contract to operate, in accordance with the contract, to further the Dark Ones interests and obey all orders given by the Dark One, with his own discretion as to priotity of orders. So that there is a provision for Erfman being incapacitated or otherwise unable to fulfill orders, Erfman may delay orders by up to five turns.

    Erfman agrees not to act in a subversive manner against the property, units or interests of The Dark One. Doing so will result in triggering a breach of terms.

    The Dark One agrees to provide 1,200 Schmuckers to Erfman to be used to claim the capital site of Fanon. Failure to transfer the funds within three turns of the Signing of the contract will result in the Dark One paying 1,200 Schmuckers to Erfman. These schmuckers must be returned to the Dark One in full upon the point that Erfman leaves the Darkside.

    During the span of the contract Erfman's purse shall remain separate from the Darkside's treasury. All schmuckers produced by Fanon during the span of the contract shall be retained for use by Erfman. All maintainence costs and expenses incurred by Erfman, his warband or units he chooses to add to his warband (popped, crafted tamed or by any other means) will be paid for from Erfman's purse. No extra funds may be claimed from the Darkside except with express permission of the Dark One.

    The Dark One agrees not to disband Erfman. Breach of this clause will result on the automagical disbandment of the Dark One.

    The Dark One agrees not to disband any members of the Warband.

    The Dark One agrees to disclose the details of the fall of Fanon within 3 turns of the contracts Signing.

    The Dark One agrees to provide no less than 2 Flesh Cookies per turn to Erfman.

    Erfman agrees to operate in the best interests of the Dark One and to spend no less than 50% of his juice, but no more than 75%, as directed by The Dark One, to create dollamancy items and/or golems (henceforth, "toys"), and that these be handed over to any designated unit upon the order of the Dark One.
    Erfman agrees to utilise the powers of Dollamancy to the benefit of the Dark One.

    The Dark One agrees to allow the tower of Fanon to be optimised for Dollamancy at Erfman's own expense.

    Erfman agrees, that in exchange for an additional 10 turns to the span of the contract, that The Dark One,on a single occasion, at Erfman's discretion, shall provide a hired barbarian caster for a linkup, in addition to his own presence, to push the boundaries of magic for the betterment of the side. The barbarian caster must be provided within 10 turns of the request. For every turn the barbarian caster is not provided, there will be a penalty of 5,000 Schmuckers paid immediately from the Dark One to Erfman. The Dark One's presence is still required, regardless of whether or not the caster is there.

    Erfman does not need to take any orders from the Dark One that causes Erfman to spend units, Schmuckers, or resources that are not juice.

    Neither Party may, under any circumstances, hire, coerce, suggest, or in any way attempt to get any other side or unsided units to cause damage to the other.

    Erfman shall be free to explore Dollamancy, unless in breach of other sections of the contract.

    Erfman agrees to croak all non allied Gobwin units in a 5 hex radius of Fanon city by 10 turns from the signing of the contract or be in breach of contract. Each turn after the 10th turn with Gobwin's within this radius shall count as a new breach. If Gobwins remain without knowledge of Erfman, or enter without Erfman's knowledge, there will be no penalties activated. If a Gobwin enters, Erfman has the next three turns with no penalties from the contract to deal with the situation.

    Span

    This contract shall be in continuous effect across all turns of all sides for the duration of 100 turns from the Signing of the Contract. The span of effect shall not be altered except by mutual assent of both parties in Signed amendment or automagically as dictated by the contract.

    Upon the completion of the contract, neither side may engage with one another for the duration of 20 Turns. Any cities conquered by Erfman during the span of the contract shall immediately be handed over to the Dark Ones control at the point of conquest, unless doing so would be in breach of the contract.

    Breach

    The Parties agree to be bound by the universal principles, forces, actions and consequences of Signamancy, whereby the inherent magic of the contract shall serve as the sole mechanism for detecting, determining, and penalizing a breach or default of the contract's terms.
    Parties should be clear on both the wording and the intent of the contract as to their particular obligations and restrictions at the time of Signing, as these shall constitute the basis upon which a breach is automagically adjudged.

    Penalties

    Breach of terms

    The Penalty for breach of terms (as dictated by Section 4, Terms) shall be, on the part of The Dark One, renumeration into a fund to be paid to Erfman at the time of the breach of 5,000 Shmuckers.

    The Penalty for breach of terms (as dictated by Section 4, Terms) shall be, on the part of Erfman, an addition of 10 turns per breach to the Span of the contract and a debt of 5,000 schmuckers to be paid at the end of the contract.

    In the event that a breach seems unavoidable or desirable, either Party may propose an alternative remedy. If, within 1 turn, both Parties are in full agreement, this remedy may be adopted in place of a penalty.

    Severability

    The Parties agree that breach or default of any part of the contract shall not constitute a termination of the entirety of the contract. Obligations, restrictions and penalties shall remain in place for the duration of the contract, even in the event of a breach or default of one or more of its parts. The contract is not rendered void by the subsumation of either side as a colony, but in the event of the destruction of either side or signatory, the contract is voided. Neither Party may transfer their obligations to another part under any circumstances.

    Actions Not Considered

    Any actions not determined by the contract shall not cause the nullification of the contract.
    This contract constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to its subject matter and supersedes any other agreements between those parties written or oral.

    Definitions

    The Fund as defined under breach of terms shall consist of a private treasury held automatically and without rights of withdrawal or conversion. On each breach, half shall be made available in Schmukers to the purse of Erfman immediately using the natural Moneymancy of the capital city The Dark lands. Upon the completion of the contract this shall be immediately deposited in the form of schmukers into the treasury of Fanon to be at the disposal of Erfman for whatever purposes he deems fit.

    Declaration

    The contract shall be magically bound by Signamancy issued by an independent qualified barbarian Signamancer provided from the Magic Kingdom at the expense of The Dark One.

    Any and all attempts to discuss the contract with entities not identified as the undersigned or members of the described Warband shall be automagically restricted. Any attempts by a third party to subvert this by asking questions which must have singular answers will result in this clause being nullified and the undersigned being automatically notified of the others subversion.


    Authorised Sigantures

    Thus the contract is activated and executed by the will of the parties


    ______________________
    Erfman, Barbarian Dollamancer
    Reasoning: First off, there should be a provision for our incapacitation. Second, the portal is faster. Infinitely faster. Thus, we have to have the capital city. Third, I just had to correct "this" to "thus". Any benefits provided are outweighed by doubling the contract length, in addition to the expenses in hunting down a gobwin tribe. Also, seems like the Dark One is a Thinkamancer, so we can have him link up and stuff, or at least have him use his ridiculous arsenal of magic to help our understanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "This is not up for negotiation! You shall Turn or you shall be turned by force!" the voice boomed in apparent anger moments before the Hex was suddenly hit by a wave of croakamantic energy that washed over the entire hex making you, Bob and any living unit shudder as it did so.

    *Bing! Contract updated*

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Contract
    Declaration of employment between Erfman and the Dark One

    Section 1 – Terms of contract

    This magically Signed document shall be held by both signed parties in accordance with their respective naming policy. (Henceforth, "the contract".)

    The contract stands in continuous effect for all signatories from the moment this contract is Signed by those parties until expiry or severance of the contract.

    Orders issued prior to the contract by either Party may not cause any violation of this contract unless those orders are expressly against a named signatory.

    Section 2 – Identification

    Party of the first part, The Darkside, is a side under the rule of The Dark One with a capital city at the time of Signing The Dark Lands.

    Signatory unit for The Darkside shall be The Dark One, acting in capacity as Overlord.

    Party of the second part, Erfman, a unit formally of Fanon popped at Fanon City.

    Signatory unit for Erfman shall be Dollamancer Erfman acting in capacity as Barbarian Dollamancer.

    Section 3 – Statements

    This contract is made in recognition of these facts;

    Both parties have initiated hostile actions against the others interests
    Both parties have initiated hostile actions against the other directly
    Both parties have initiated hostile actions against material owned by the other party, excluding the self (henceforth, "property")

    Erfman agrees to turn to the Dark Side and act as a unit of said side for a minimum of 100 turns from the Signing of this contract. That during those 100 turns (and any extensions) Erfman shall be bound by the contract to operate, in accordance with the contract, to further the Dark Ones interests and obey all orders given by the Dark One (as long as it is physically possible to complete those orders).

    That in addition to this, The Dark One agrees to provide certain considerations to Erfman, in exchange for Erfmans assent to this contract.

    That both parties shall be bound to automagically enforced Penalties for breach of this contract.

    Section 4 – The Contract

    Terms

    Erfman agrees to turn to the Dark Side and act as a unit of said side for a minimum of 100 turns from the Signing of this contract. That during those 100 turns (and any extensions) Erfman shall be bound by the contract to operate, in accordance with the contract, to further the Dark Ones interests and obey all orders given by the Dark One (aslong as it is physically possible to complete those orders). Any attempt to Turn from the Darkside during the span of the contract shall cause Erfman to automagically disband.

    All units currently under Erfman's command shall turn to the Darkside with Erfman and shall form the warband.

    Erfman shall act at the direction of The Dark One. Erfman agrees not to act in a subversive manner against the property, units or interests of The Dark One. Doing so will result in triggering a breach of terms.

    The Dark One agrees to provide 1,200 Schmuckers to Erfman to be used to claim the capital site of Fanon. Failure to transfer the funds within three turns of the Signing of the contract will result in the Dark One paying 1,200 Schmuckers to Erfman. These schmuckers must be returned to the Dark One in full upon the point that Erfman leaves the Darkside.

    During the span of the contract Erfman's purse shall remain separate from the Darkside's treasury. All schmuckers produced by Fanon during the span of the contract shall be retained for use by Erfman. All maintainence costs and expenses incurred by Erfman, his warband or units he chooses to add to his warband (popped, crafted tamed or by any other means) will be paid for from Erfman's purse. No extra funds may be claimed from the Darkside except with express permission of the Dark One.

    The Dark One agrees not to disband Erfman. Breach of this clause will result on the automagical disbandment of the Dark One.

    The Dark One agrees not to disband any members of the Warband.

    The Dark One agrees to disclose the details of the fall of Fanon within 3 turns of the contracts Signing.

    The Dark One agrees to provide no less than 1 Flesh Cookies per turn to Erfman.

    Erfman agrees to operate in the best interests of the Dark One and to spend no less than 50% of his juice, but no more than 75%, as directed by The Dark One, to create dollamancy items and/or golems (henceforth, "toys"), and that these be handed over to any designated unit upon the order of the Dark One.
    Erfman agrees to utilise the powers of Dollamancy to the benefit of the Dark One.

    The Dark One agrees, to allow the tower of Fanon to be optimised for Dollamancy at Erfman's own expense.

    Erfman agrees, that in exchange for an additional 10 turns to the span of the contract, that The Dark One,on a single occasion, at Erfman's discretion, shall provide a hired barbarian caster for a linkup to push the boundaries of magic for the betterment of the side. If a barbarian caster is available they must be provided within 10 turns of the request. For every turn the barbarian caster is not provided, there will be a penalty of 5,000 Schmuckers paid immediately from the Dark One to Erfman. (this will not count as a breach if there are no barbarian casters available or willing to come)

    Erfman does not need to take any orders from the Dark One that causes Erfman to transfer units, Schmuckers, or resources to the direct control of the Dark One other than those stated in the contract.

    Neither Party may, under any circumstances, hire, coerce, suggest, or in any way attempt to get any other side to cause damage to the other.

    Erfman shall be free to explore Dollamancy, unless in breach of other sections of the contract.

    Erfman agrees to croak all non allied Gobwin units in a 5 hex radius of Fanon city by 10 turns from the signing of the contract or be in breach of contract. Each turn after the 10th turn with Gobwin's within this radius shall count as a new breach. If Gobwins remain without knowledge of Erfman, or enter without Erfman's knowledge, there will be no penalties activated. If a Gobwin enters, Erfman has the next three turns with no penalties from the contract to deal with the situation.

    Span

    This contract shall be in continuous effect across all turns of all sides for the duration of 100 turns from the Signing of the Contract. The span of effect shall not be altered except by mutual assent of both parties in Signed amendment or automagically as dictated by the contract.

    Upon the completion of the contract Erfman shall be given the opportunity to purchase the city of Fanon and neither side may engage with one another for the duration of 20 Turns. Any cities conquered by Erfman during the span of the contract shall immediately be handed over to the Dark Ones control at the point of conquest.

    Breach

    The Parties agree to be bound by the universal principles, forces, actions and consequences of Signamancy, whereby the inherent magic of the contract shall serve as the sole mechanism for detecting, determining, and penalizing a breach or default of the contract's terms.
    Parties should be clear on both the wording and the intent of the contract as to their particular obligations and restrictions at the time of Signing, as these shall constitute the basis upon which a breach is automagically adjudged.

    Penalties

    Breach of terms

    The Penalty for breach of terms (as dictated by Section 4, Terms) shall be, on the part of The Dark One, renumeration into a fund to be paid to Erfman at the completion of the contract of 5,000 Shmuckers.

    The Penalty for breach of terms (as dictated by Section 4, Terms) shall be, on the part of Erfman, an addition of 10 turns per breach to the Span of the contract and a debt of 5,000 schmuckers to be paid at the end of the contract.

    In the event that a breach seems unavoidable or desirable, either Party may propose an alternative remedy. If, within 1 turn, both Parties are in full agreement, this remedy may be adopted in place of a penalty.

    Severability

    The Parties agree that breach or default of any part of the contract shall not constitute a termination of the entirety of the contract. Obligations, restrictions and penalties shall remain in place for the duration of the contract, even in the event of a breach or default of one or more of its parts. The contract is not rendered void by the subsumation of either side as a colony. Neither Party may transfer their obligations to another part under any circumstances.

    Actions Not Considered

    Any actions not determined by the contract shall not cause the nullification of the contract.
    This contract constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to its subject matter and supersedes any other agreements between those parties written or oral.

    Definitions

    The Fund as defined under breach of terms shall consist of a private treasury held automatically and without rights of withdrawal or conversion. On each breach, half shall be made available in Schmukers to the purse of Erfman immediately using the natural Moneymancy of the capital city The Dark lands. Upon the completion of the contract this shall be immediately deposited in the form of schmukers into the treasury of Fanon to be at the disposal of Erfman for whatever purposes he deems fit.

    Declaration

    The contract shall be magically bound by Signamancy issued by an independent qualified barbarian Signamancer provided from the Magic Kingdom at the expense of The Dark One.

    Any and all attempts to discuss the contract with entities not identified as the undersigned or members of the described Warband shall be automagically restricted. Any attempts by a third party to subvert this by asking questions which must have singular answers will result in this clause being nullified and the undersigned being automatically notified of the others subversion.


    Authorised Sigantures

    This the contract is activated and executed by the will of the parties

    THE DARK ONE
    The Dark One Overlord for The Darkside

    ______________________
    Erfman, Barbarian Dollamancer
    Erfman wars with himself and almost accepts turning if only the Dark One would agree to Link with him.

    But the Dark One does not agree to personally being involved in the linkup.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "You have one turn to decide then these terms will be off the table" the voice booms before fading away.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Turn 10

    Stats


    Erfman the Barbarian
    Level 2 Dollamancer
    (Novice)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 5 (2+1+2) Defence: 2 Move: 10 (8+2) Juice: 200/200
    Upkeep: 150s
    Purse: 600s
    Equipped: Craftman's +1 Hammer, Motion Goggles


    Bob
    Level 2 Piker

    Hits: 5 Combat: 8 (5+2+1) Defence: 5 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 20s
    Special: Piker defence
    Equipped: Pikers +1 Spear


    Woody
    Reinforced Wood Golem

    Hits: 22 Combat: 10 Defence: 6 Move: 8
    Juice Charge: 70/100
    Upkeep: 30 juice
    Special: Heavy
    Equipped:


    Jessie
    Wood Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 10 (9+1) Defence: 5 (4+1) Move: 8
    Juice Charge: 80/100
    Upkeep: 20 juice
    Equipped: modified Piker armor, Crude Gobwin Axe


    The Luggage
    Luggage Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 5 Defence: 3 Move: 16
    Juice Charge: 60/100
    Upkeep: 20 juice
    Special: Carnyed - Bigger on the inside, Dollamancy - moving parts, Capture


    Billie
    Level 1 Billy Goat

    Hits: 7 Combat: 8 Defence: 2 Move: 20
    Upkeep: 25
    Special: Self Sufficient, Mountain Capable, Mount
    Equiped: Woolly Saddle, Goat shoes of escape

    Inventory

    Moneymancy scroll of 'Liquidate' x1
    Powerball x1
    Gem (200s)

    Twice Croaked Gobwin corpse x1
    Twice Croaked Piker corpse x1
    Twice Croaked Carry-On bird corpse x1

    Fruit x0
    Deseeded fruit x 18
    Fruit seeds x17
    Bucket (filled with milk) x1
    Mushroom x1
    Damaged Fruit x1

    Stone x3
    Pebbles x1
    Wood x5
    Wool x2
    Metal Ore x2
    Branches from a Bush x1

    Crude Gobwin axe x2
    Shears x1
    Pole x1
    Gobwin clothes x1






    Map explored so far
    Spoiler
    Show



    What do you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    With a wave of the hand you send your newest Golem Jessie off to collect fruit. It slowly plods between the bushes as it methodically one by one collects each piece of fruit.

    Jessie 6 actions used. 8 Fruit gained

    Bob meanwhile is busy taking care of his mount and using the shears he gives Billie a nice trim and collects the wool.

    Bob 1 action used. 1 unit of wool gained

    As a rewarded for his work you offer Bob a piece of fruit. Bob raises an eyebrow as the fruit looks as though you have already attempted to eat it but being the obedient Piker that he is Bob eats the fruit without complaint.

    1 damaged fruit eaten. Bob's upkeep has been paid

    You then set to work on your own task for the morning and pulling out two of the crude Gobwin axes you begin to channel your juice as you work on making the crude implements in to precise weapons of war.

    Erfman 6 actions, 90 juice and 2 crude Gobwin axes used. 2 +1 Gobwin axes gained

    Once done you decide to investigate the new hole. Hopping down you are immediately greeted by a Gobwin with a large sack slung over its shoulder.

    "You have chief's axes?"The Gobwin calls out as soon as he sees you. "Chief want to order same again" the Gobwin then adds.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "200 Schmuckers and ore again?"

    The Gobwin nods as it hefts the sack causing it to clank slightly as it does so. "Same deal. Gem and two chunks of ore for two Spook croakers!" The Gobwin confirms.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Oh good! Yes yes, here are two Spook-killers! Do you have 2 non-magical axes with you as well? So we can start working immediately."

    The Gobwin drops the sack on the floor and pulls out a large gem, two chunks of ore and two axes and hands them over before taking the +1 axes off of you and shoving them in the sack.

    2 +1 Gobwin axes given away. 1 gem (200s), 2 chunks of metal ore and 2 crude Gobwin axes obtained
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    With a quick order you send Bob off to scout while you and the Golems climb in to The Luggage. You first set off south east and when you arrive at the hill hex you find it is full of fruit.

    The Luggage 4 move used

    You send Woody out and the now rather sturdy Golem takes his time collecting the fruit before returning to the Luggage.

    Woody 8 actions used. 12 fruit gained.

    Avoiding the mountain hexes where possible you head southwest spotting only a lonely Gobwin before you head south towards the Gobwin cave.

    The Luggage 12 move used

    Soon after you arrive Bob joins you from the west of the hex with his arms full of fruit and reports what he saw on the way here.

    Bob 2 actions and 7 move used. 3 fruit gained.
    Billie 12 move used.


    Waiting in the hex for you you spot the Gobwin chief and a number of Gobwins.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Erfman 4 actions and 110 juice remains
    Bob 0 actions remain
    Woody 0 actions remain
    Jessie 2 actions remain
    Billie 8 actions remain
    The Luggage 0 actions remain

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    CyperWizWurmD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2019

    Default Re: Erfman the Barbarian

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    (South of this Hex the mountains become impassable)

    "Hello Chief, we bring Dire News. The Dark One's voice boomed in my head threatening to come this turn to get me and Turn me by force! I'm able to enchant one more Axe today, and I think the gobwin in Fanon hex should be comming up with the other two I already did this turn, I fear that any gobwins out of this hex come the Dark One's turn may be easy prey for his minions, and will be croaked and risen again to fight us. Do you think it is a good idea to recall all Gobwins to this hex this turn? I'm ending turn here today (and I have many fruits with me if needed)."

    "Though we have been given the opportunity for us all to join up with the Dark One, ensuring upkeep is paid and enough made available for the future after the terms of service have been completed. Do you have any opinions on this?"

    " I thank you for the warning. Our turn is before the Dark One's so I can recall the Gobwins but not all of them will have the move to reach here in a single turn." the Gobwin chief replies.

    "The Dark One can not be trusted he first came to Fanon in a guise of peace but he betrayed Fanon without remorse. He croaked Prince Redshirt and captured Fanon's Thinkamancer Lady Shipping in a surprise attack while Fanon were providing magical aid to the Dark One... This was the beginning of Fanon's fall..." the Gobwin chief revealed.
    "How many hexes can the gobwins travel? Are you impaired by Mountain terrain? Do you think all gobwins that would not be able to reach this hex, be able to reach the hilly hex north of here? Or Fanon-city hex? If so we could divide our combined Spook-killing weapons between this hex and that secondary base hex, so that all gobwins (the ones here, and the ones in the secondary base hex) have a fighting chance if attacked. There are two Spook-Killers with a gobwin in Fanon-city; I can make one more here, and here we already have your Spook-killer and three more in the form of my Hammer, Bob's Spear *point to bob* and my Juice that I can turn into ranged Hoboken attacks"

    "Now, then we stand ready with 1000s to oficialize our Alliance, which, before the rebuilding of Fanon city, I shall take to mean that I shall guarantee the production of enough fruit to feed all gobwins now in your tribe; And when Fanon is rebuilt all gobwins upkeep shall be automagically paid from the city's production, and a large chunk shall be allocated to re-populate your tribe.
    Given this, will you let me keep the non-gem schmuckers for you for now, set aside the gems I have to give you, put as many gobwins as possible to mining, and ear-mark all gems found for trading with me [or outright gifts] to ensure Fanon-city is rebuilt as soon as possible?"

    "And Chief, do you have (or had in the past) any other way of fighting the Spooks?"
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    The Gobwin chief blinks in response to the rapid fire questions. "Most Gobwins have a move of 8 and we are encumbered just as badly in a mountain hex as your average unit. Either of those two locations should be reachable" The Gobwin chief replies.

    "The schmuckers and the gems will be consumed by the natural signamancy of forming an alliance with natural allies such as the Gobwins. Without the schmuckers there will be no alliance and without an Alliance you will not be able to pop any more Gobwins." the chief explains. "Once an alliance is formed we shall wear the colours of Fanon once again and do as you command. If you wish us to spend our turns mining for gems then mine we shall..." the chief continues.

    "Effective ways? Not so much... sometimes the luckamancy is with us though...."
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "On another topic, do you know what this mushroom is?" you suddenly question.

    The Chief glances at the mushroom before giving it a brief sniff and scrunching his face up in a grimace. "Arkenfiend mushroom!" he declares with a certain amount of confidence "It can do powerful things to a units mind..." the Gobwin declares before falling silent.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "OK Chief, I think we both will be better off if we hold off on officiating the Alliance so that we rebuild Fanon-city sooner.
    In the meanwhile, I'll upgrade another Axe now and I suggest gathering all Gobwins here and in the hex north of here; And having 4 Spook Killers in the hex North of here; And I ask that you direct your gobwins to mining and save all gems found to trade with me."


    The Chief gives a slight grunt in acknowledgement of your statement but does not comment.

    Retrieving a couple of pieces of fruit you sit down to eat and feed a piece of fruit to Billie.

    2 pieces of deseeded fruit consumed. Erfman and Billie upkeep paid.

    Deciding to use up the last of your Golem's actions you order Jessie to begin deseeding fruit.

    Jessie 2 action and 3 fruit used. 3 deseeded fruit and 3 seeds gained.

    You then send Bob and Billie off on another short scouting run. After a little they return with not much to report.

    Billie 8 moved used

    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Setting to work on improving another axe you find that enhancing the weapon has become second nature to you and you are suddenly struck by inspiration.

    Congratulations you have rolled a critical success while creating the axe!
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman 3 actions 45 juice and 1 crude Gobwin axe used. 1 Animated +1 Gobwin Axe gained.

    Animated - Through the miracles of Dollamancy this weapon has been granted a small degree of independent motion. The weapon now has two modes that can be activated upon command. Attack and Defend.

    Attack - the weapon will fly straight towards the wielder's target and attempt to deal damage before returning to the wielder's hand. (This counts as a ranged attack)

    Defend - the weapon will fly straight towards a designated unit and intercept attacks increasing the units defence
    "Congratulations through continued experimentation in the discipline of Dollamancy you have begun to mix the fields of accessory creation and Golem creation and have gained an adept level understanding of Dollamancy."

    Erfman 1 action and 65 juice remain
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Chief! Check this out! Adept at level two!" you exclaim proudly as you release your grip upon your newly improved axe and mentally will it forwards. The axe flys out of your hand and streaks towards a small pile of rocks, the axe does not strike the rocks however but merely begins to circle the rocks as it spins head over handle. With nothing to defend the rocks from the axe merely continues its slow orbit around the pile of rocks.

    "Can my axe do that?" the chief questions in surprise, apparently impressed by the display.


    Your newly acquired Adept status filling you with confidence you decide to try something that you have never done before and attempt to duplicate the animated axe's special ability in to another axe. You begin a spell with the upmost confidence but soon realise that you both don't have the time as well as do not know the proper words to complete the spell and it fizzles out wasting the juice that you were about to use.

    Spell failed! Erfman has wasted 1 action and 25 juice


    End of Turn 10!
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Off Turn

    Once your turn is over it is apparently the Gobwin's turn as Gobwins begin entering the Hex from multiple directions and soon there is a full 8 stack though they do not remain in sight for long as they disappear in to the Gobwin cave leaving only your party and the chief.

    Eventually the Gobwin's turn ends aswell and some one else's begins...

    By now it is getting rather late in the day when your goggles suddenly detect movement in the hex and your attention is drawn to a rather stealthy unit. A lone small black flying unit (a Waven) has entered the air space of the mountain hex and appears to be watching you from above.


    What do you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Sorry Chief, I've only got one of these right now. But y'know, if you wanted to test it out for me, say, on that little birdie up there, maybe I could lend it to ya for a turn!" you offer and even before you can blink the Gobwin chief snatches the weapon off of you and hurls it towards the Waven with all his might. The weapon spins end over end and seems to pick up speed as it flies straight towards the Waven. The little flying unit is too slow to react and the bird is cleaved in two before abruptly exploding in to dust. The axe meanwhile curves around as it adjusts it's course and begins flying back towards you and the Gobwin chief. The chief then holds his hand out and deftly catches the handle of the axe with a rather satisfied look.

    Bowie the Gobwin chief gains some delicious experience

    Just as you are about to search the hex for anymore hidden units a voice booms within your head once again.

    There you are Tinker! Imagine how disappointed I was to find that you were not home! the voice booms. This is your final chance, turn to me now and accept the contract or suffer the consequences..." the Dark One declares as a mental image of the contract pops in to your head.


    What do you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    After much careful thought you finally reply:

    "I'm sorry Dark One, but you've shown yourself not to be someone whom I can have absolute trust in and who reacts emotionally rather then rationally. I am convinced turning or even dealing with you is not in my best interest nor in the interest of those I must speak for. If you wish to convince me otherwise, do not overreact to this rejection, and perhaps we can talk again in a few tenturns." you exclaim slowly and calmly.


    Fool! the voice booms within your head. You are fated to serve me, all you have done is increased the pain and suffering of you and the ones around you! The Dark One continues. I shall be seeing you very soon..."the Dark One then finishes as he falls silent.


    "Son of Fanon I must warn you a stack of uncroaked now occupies what was Fanon and the Dark One intends to send a warlord to claim the capital site. You must act quickly!" a female voice hastily whispers inside your head.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Chief, I believe a stack of the Dark One's minions now occupy Fanon site, and a Warlord and more should be underway for later turns.
    Upon my turn I shall march there to clean them up, and I'm able to carry along with me in my Luggage golem here
    *pat The Luggage* any valiant Gobwins that would like to join me in vanquishing them. Who will join me?! Will you come with Chief?" you declare.

    I can send a few Gobwins with you but you will need to pay their upkeep. We have already left the mines unmanned at your advice but we must stick to the mountain hexes if we want any hope of finding more gems in the coming turns... The Gobwin chief replies.

    "That's fine. We have upkeep for a lot of gobwins."


    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Turn 11

    Stats


    Erfman the Barbarian
    Level 2 Dollamancer
    (Adept)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 5 (2+1+2) Defence: 2 Move: 10 (8+2) Juice: 200/200
    Upkeep: 150s
    Purse: 600s
    Equipped: Craftman's +1 Hammer, Motion Goggles


    Bob
    Level 2 Piker

    Hits: 5 Combat: 8 (5+2+1) Defence: 5 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 20s
    Special: Piker defence
    Equipped: Pikers +1 Spear


    Woody
    Reinforced Wood Golem

    Hits: 22 Combat: 10 Defence: 6 Move: 8
    Juice Charge: 40/100
    Upkeep: 30 juice
    Special: Heavy
    Equipped:


    Jessie
    Wood Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 10 (9+1) Defence: 5 (4+1) Move: 8
    Juice Charge: 60/100
    Upkeep: 20 juice
    Equipped: modified Piker armor, Crude Gobwin Axe


    The Luggage
    Luggage Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 5 Defence: 3 Move: 16
    Juice Charge: 40/100
    Upkeep: 20 juice
    Special: Carnyed - Bigger on the inside, Dollamancy - moving parts, Capture


    Billie
    Level 1 Billy Goat

    Hits: 7 Combat: 8 Defence: 2 Move: 20
    Upkeep: 25
    Special: Self Sufficient, Mountain Capable, Mount
    Equiped: Woolly Saddle, Goat shoes of escape

    Inventory

    Moneymancy scroll of 'Liquidate' x1
    Powerball x1
    Gem (200s) x2 [400s total value]

    Twice Croaked Gobwin corpse x1
    Twice Croaked Piker corpse x1
    Twice Croaked Carry-On bird corpse x1

    Fruit x20
    Deseeded fruit x 19
    Fruit seeds x20
    Bucket (filled with milk) x1
    Arkenfiend Mushroom x1

    Stone x3
    Pebbles x1
    Wood x5
    Wool x3
    Metal Ore x4
    Branches from a Bush x1

    Crude Gobwin axe x1
    Animated +1 Gobwin axe x1
    Shears x1
    Pole x1
    Gobwin clothes x1






    Map explored so far
    Spoiler
    Show



    What do you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Oh Bob! Did you remember last turn to the 'claim a fruit, make a cut to mark it, and leave it behind to see if it appeared in The Luggage?
    If so, take a look inside The Luggage, to check if that fruit appeared there will you?"
    You question Bob.

    "I did sir but the fruit stayed with me until I returned to the same hex as the luggage..." Bob replies.

    "Hmm, Chief? Before I leave for the battle, since we have time, I think I'll make another Axe and another companion like these Golems here. But I'm thinking If I could make it capable of burying it could also help with mining in the future. For that end, could one of your Gobwins show me how it's done? Could they show me a little burying around that would be done when attempting to mine for Gems? (and if you can't because it not being your Turn, could they mock show me, take me to the tunnels and point and mimick?)" you say to the Chief.

    "Follow me!" The chief replies before leading you inside the Gobwin caves along with one of the Gobwins. You find yourself in a series of long winding tunnels and the chief leads to you the end of one before nodding to the other Gobwin. The Gobwin raises his axe and begins swinging it like a pick as he surprisingly quickly begins cutting in to the wall and expanding the tunnel.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Uuuh, what Bob? I didn't follow. What and when exactly did you do, and what and when exactly happened to the marked fruit?"

    "Also, how many fruits can you and Billie carry? Do you think if I make a bag that would be useful?"
    you question of Bob.

    "I did as you instructed I marked a fruit and claimed it but it did not disappear and it stayed with me. Once I got back in to the same hex as the Luggage however it vanished in to the chest." Bob explains.

    "Hmmm I recon I could carry about 4 fruit and still be able to ride and fight" Bob replies.

    -----------------------------------------

    "Oh wow! You're cutting that wall like butter! Bob outside once tried to cut some rocks for me and had quite the trouble. When you cut looking for Gems, do you cut at random, or are you following a pattern or a sense?" You question the Gobwins.

    "We try to dig so that we mine from one point and then spread out to the next but whether there are gems there we know not so is random if we find any" The Gobwin chief explains.

    "If you want to take Gobwins with you take them from the Hill Hex north of here, these Gobwins will stay to mine and protect the Gobwin caves!" the chief then declares.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Aware that you have already been paid and wanting to arm your Gobwin friends you set to work on enhancing more axes. The work is easy though you do realise that you only have one axe to enhance fortunately one of the Gobwins in the Hex offers their axe to be enhanced aswell.

    Erfman 6 actions, 90 juice and 2 Crude Gobwin axes used. 2 +1 Gobwin axes gained.

    Two Gobwins in the Hex then immediately claim the weapons.

    2 +1 Gobwin axes Given away

    Bob meanwhile is sent away on a retrieval mission, taking an armful of fruit and climbing on to Billie he rides off to the west where he finds another Feral Billy Goat.

    Bob 2 move used
    Billie 2 move used


    Carefully approaching Bob offers the Feral unit a piece of fruit which it happily munches in to, as soon as it is finished however the goat goes to wander off so Bob pulls out a second piece of fruit. The goat snatches the piece of fruit of Bob and again attempts to wander off. Not sure what to do Bob pulls out a third piece of fruit and this time once the goat is finished it expectantly waits in place. With his final piece of fruit Bob holds his hand out and while the Goat is eating Bob leans forwards and softly strokes the goat.

    Bob 2 actions and 4 deseeded fruit used. 1 Feral Billy goat tamed

    With his job done Bob rides back on Billie with the new Billy Goat in tow.

    Bob 2 move used
    Billie 2 move used
    Unnamed Billy Goat 2 move used



    Erfman 4 actions and 110 juice remains
    Bob 4 actions remain
    Billie 16 actions remain
    Unnamed Billy Goat 18 actions remain
    Woody 8 actions remain
    Jessie 8 actions remain
    The Luggage 16 actions remain
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    As you are about to march of to war you decide that it would be a good idea to sit down and eat first as you are not sure when you will next get a chance. You and Bob both take a fruit and slowly eat your meal. Meanwhile you send the two Billy goats off to forage for their own meals.

    2 Deseeded fruit consumed. Erfman and Bob upkeep paid.
    Billie 10 actions used, upkeep paid.
    Unnamed Billy Goat 10 actions used, upkeep paid.


    Deciding that it would be best if as many of your 'warband' as possible had weapons that could hurt spooks you set to work Enhancing Jessie's Axe.

    Erfman 3 actions, 45 juice and Crude Gobwin axe used. +1 Gobwin axe gained

    Now Ready to head off to battle you bid the chief goodbye and you all pile in to the Luggage and The Luggage marches north one hex where you are met by the sight of a four stack of Gobwins waiting for you.

    The Luggage 4 move used

    The Luggage raises you up to the entrance, and opens the lid wide, so That you can stand inside The Luggage with half your body showing out.

    "Gobwins! We march to WAR! We shall bring devastation to the eight DARK ONE's Minions that now occupy Fanon-site. Your Chief gave you leave to join the fight, and I can carry you all in this Luggage Golem of mine. Come ALL! Climb aboard, there is upkeep for ALL of you inside!" you declare.

    The Gobwins rush forwards and follow you inside the luggage hopping down the steps in the side of the wall as they form.

    "Come along, each take a fruit for your upkeep of the coming Turn"

    Spotting the 4 fruit that the Luggage has put aside the Gobwins greedily rush forwards and each Gobwin grabs a piece.

    4 deseeded fruit given away

    Once everyone is inside you order the Luggage to continue its march while you remain with your head poking out of the chest.

    The Luggage 2 move used

    As soon as you begin to cross the hex boundary you spot the enemy waiting for you. In addition to the assembled uncroaked your goggles also detect a small black unit flying above the hex.



    Immediately the full stack of uncroaked begin marching towards you!


    The following weapons are currently being wielded:

    Erfman +1 Animated Gobwin Axe
    Bob +1 Piker's Spear
    Woody +1 Craftman's Hammer
    Jessie +1 Gobwin Axe

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Compilation of Game Thread)

    Round 1

    Spotting a Waven hovering above the hex you quickly launch your axe forward with a quick flick of the wrist and it homes in on your target with unnatural accuracy. The axe strikes the Waven head on and the bird explodes in a cloud of dust.

    You quickly hop down from the Luggage and are able to catch the axe by the handle as it returns to you.

    The Luggage meanwhile tips itself over and begins ejecting its passengers who sprawl over the ground... perhaps not the wisest decision as before they can stand the uncroaked are upon them.

    A poor unfortunate Gobwin finds itself with two swords straight through its chest as it is croaked in an instant.

    A second Gobwin barely escapes as it scrambles to its feet taking three hits in the process as two of the uncroaked focus on it.

    The rest of the uncroaked seem to focus in on your Golems, the powerhouse that is Woody seems to have little trouble deflecting the uncroaked's blades though he takes 2 hits in the process. The less sturdy Jessie however is not so lucky and is quickly cut down like a piece of fire wood under the storm of blades and is disabled.

    Scrambling together you hastily form a stack with Woody and The Luggage upfront screening for the living units in the back. Three of the Gobwins swarm together and with a combined effort they managed to dust one of the uncroaked. At the same time Woody and Bob mounted on Billie slam in to another of the uncroaked and smashes it to pieces. Finally The Luggage clamps on to the arm of a third uncroaked dealing a single hit


    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman's Warband

    Stack 1
    Erfman: 6 hits 65/200 juice
    Bob (mounted): 5 hits
    Billie: 7 hits
    Woody: 20/22
    The Luggage: 10 hits
    Billy Goat: 7 hits
    Gobwin 1: 2/5 hits
    Gobwin 2: 5 hits
    Gobwin 3: 5 hits

    misc
    Jessie: disabled
    Gobwin 4: croaked

    Dark One's Uncroaked

    Stack 1
    Uncroaked 1:
    Uncroaked 2:
    Uncroaked 3:
    Uncroaked 4:
    Uncroaked 5:
    Uncroaked 6: 1 hit taken

    misc
    Uncroaked 7: dusted
    Uncroaked 8: dusted
    Waven: dusted
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 2

    Upon your command Woody breaks formation and charges right in to the midst of the uncroaked stack. All six remaining uncroaked turn their attention on the reinforced Golem and begin raining down blows upon him. The stone reinforcent seems to have been a wise decision as despite overwhelming odds Woody only takes 6 hits.

    Hopelessly surrounded Woody lashes out with the Craftman's hammer connecting with one of the uncroaked's head knocking it cleanly off its shoulders and dusting it in the process.

    The rest of your warband then surges forwards Bob, The Luggage and the Billy goats striking the flanks while the Gobwins perform hit and run strikes at the centre.

    Through their combined effort you are able to dust another two uncroaked while a third has sustained 3 hits.

    Deciding to save your juice you hurl the animated axe forwards though you are careful to avoid your own units, perhaps due to this you completely miss hitting anything and the axe returns to your hand



    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman's Warband

    Stack 1
    Erfman: 6 hits 65/200 juice
    Bob (mounted): 5 hits
    Billie: 7 hits
    Woody: 14/22
    The Luggage: 10 hits
    Billy Goat: 7 hits
    Gobwin 1: 2/5 hits
    Gobwin 2: 5 hits
    Gobwin 3: 5 hits

    misc
    Jessie: disabled
    Gobwin 4: croaked

    Dark One's Uncroaked

    Stack 1
    Uncroaked 1:
    Uncroaked 2:
    Uncroaked 3:
    Uncroaked 4: 3 hits taken


    misc
    Uncroaked 5: dusted
    Uncroaked 6: dusted
    Uncroaked 7: dusted
    Uncroaked 8: dusted
    Waven: dusted
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 3

    With a mental command you send your axe flying forwards and it begins to rapidly orbit around Woody making the sturdy Golem even more difficult to strike. Three of the uncroaked however try their best and two manage to score glancing hits dealing a further 2 hits. Woody however is unable to keep the attention of the fourth uncroaked and it lunges towards the nearest Gobwin dropping it with a single strike.

    Woody then retaliates landing a blow against the already damaged uncroaked and dusts it with a powerful strike.

    The Luggage meanwhile clamps on to the arm of the advancing uncroaked and the two remaining Gobwins take revenge for their fallen friend quickly dusting the uncroaked with a pair of rapid strikes.

    Bob mounted on Billie then leads a charge with the other Billy goat and they slam in to one of the remaining two uncroaked. The horns of both goats slams in to the uncroaked's torso as Bob pierces it's skull with his spear causing it to crumble to dust.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman's Warband

    Stack 1
    Erfman: 6 hits 65/200 juice
    Bob (mounted): 5 hits
    Billie: 7 hits
    Woody: 12/22
    The Luggage: 10 hits
    Billy Goat: 7 hits
    Gobwin 2: 5 hits
    Gobwin 3: 5 hits

    misc
    Jessie: disabled
    Gobwin 1: 0/5 hits - incapacitated
    Gobwin 4: croaked

    Dark One's Uncroaked

    Stack 1
    Uncroaked 1:

    misc
    Uncroaked 2: dusted
    Uncroaked 3: dusted
    Uncroaked 4: dusted
    Uncroaked 5: dusted
    Uncroaked 6: dusted
    Uncroaked 7: dusted
    Uncroaked 8: dusted
    Waven: dusted


    [I have been adjusting stack bonuses dynamically but you still have a max stack bonus]

    [How much juice it will take to heal you Golems to full will depend on the dice]
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 4

    Woody manages to keep the last uncroaked busy with both opponents not managing to land a solid blow against the other... Woody however is not alone and while the uncroaked is distracted it suddenly finds itself assaulted from all directions and is swiftly dusted.

    Congratulations you have won the battle!
    Erman has levelled up and is now level 3
    Bob has levelled up and is now level 3
    Billie has levelled up and is now level 2


    Erfman now has 165/300 juice!
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    (Dynamic stack bonus, good to know - which means in the beginning of the fight we had more than 9 units in stack (one mounted) and thus had a Stack bonus penalty, instead of max right?)
    Actually due to the chaos of being ejected from The Luggage the majority of the units began unstacked. By the time you stacked up you were already down to 9 units (i.e. a max stack)

    - Inspect the Incapacitated Gobwin to determine if he is mortally incapacitated or if he will recover at his Start of Turn. Ask "Is he going to be OK?" to the other Gobwins while doing it.
    The Gobwin is unable to respond. There is a chance he will survive to the next turn but there is also a chance he will croak.

    - "How do you deal with your fallen? How do you honor your fallen?" to the Gobwins. Pondering how to word "may I undress them and claim their clothing and axes?" in a considerate way. Perhaps, "we should undress, clean their wounds, arrange them laying side by side facing the Sun-rise, covering them with leaves, for them to properly await their last Start of Turn."
    "Ummm they usually just depop?"..." one of the Gobwins replies seemingly confused by the question.

    A single casting of a 'Stitch up' ( minor Dollamancy Golem repair) spell will cost 25 juice. At your current skill level you estimate Jessie and Woody would each require on average 1-2 castings to bring them back to full hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Channeling your juice you stand over the prone form of Jessie and begin to work your magic. Under your direction the deep gauges in Jessie's form begin to seal up.

    Erfman 25 juice used.
    Jessie 8 hits restored.


    Stripping off the clothes of the croaked Gobwin you begin to unravel the individual threads until the clothes resemble nothing but a pile of string. Using your juice you then begin to weave the multitude of threads back together until a roll of bandages sits infront of you.

    Erfman 1 action and 50 juice used. Stabilising bandages gained

    As you are out of actions for the turn Bob collects the bandages off of you and tends to the incapacitated Gobwin wrapping it up like a mummy.

    Bob 2 actions used. Stabilising bandages used

    You then head over to Woody and Begin to channel your juice once again. The chunks and chips taken out of his form quickly begin to repair themselves under your direction

    Erfman 25 juice used.
    Woody 8 hits restored.




    Erfman 0 actions and 65 juice remains 6/6 hits
    Bob 2 actions remain 5/5 hits
    Billie 6 actions remain 9/9 hits
    Unnamed Billy Goat 8 actions remain 7/7 hits
    Woody 8 actions remain 20/22 hits
    Jessie 8 actions remain 8/10 hits
    The Luggage 10 actions remain 10/10 hits
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    You move to the Gobwin corpse, kneel down and put your hand on it's shoulder "You fought valiantly.. Thank you." you exclaim as you claim the corpse with equipment and fruit in pocket.

    Nude Gobwin corpse gained, crude Gobwin axe gained 1 deseeded fruit gained.

    "Hmm, hey *talking to Gobwins* do you still have actions left-over from your turn? Would you spend them mining this Hex?" you question.

    "No actions left this turn but not long to Gobwins turn... We can dig then..." one of the Gobwins replies.
    Looking around, Erfman notes that the large rocks are made up of piles of rubble from the city of Fanon. He notes that he may scramble up it but will probably not have a very stable footing.



    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Hey! How about digging troth's here-here-and-here *pointing to blue locations* so (IF THEY COME FROM THE NORTH) they are forced to attack us from this narrow passage" (talking to the gobwins)
    "Do you think the 3 of you are able to dig this much? In one Turn? Let's say.. 2 steps wide (so it's not easy to jump), and 1 of my body-lengths of depth"
    "What about if it was here, here and there?" *purple locations*

    "Oh and don't worry about the trouble of removing rubble from the hole while you dig (hmm, is that a problem? Or does the rock you dig through disappears?) we can do this" *claim a rock and watch it disappear (into The Luggage)*


    "Hmmm should be doable..." The Gobwin exclaims with a thoughtful look. "You just want us to dig a trench between the rocks right?" the Gobwin questions in return.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Oh, do you have to remove rubble from the hole while you dig or does the rock you dig through disappears?" you question.

    "The dirt and rock gets spread out as we dig. We can save what we dig through if you want." One of the Gobwin replies.

    You end turn allowing the Gobwins to start their turn and they set to work digging out the trench that you indicated.

    Do you wish to claim the dirt the Gobwins have produced?


    New zoomed in map

    Spoiler
    Show


    Inside black Hex represents where the keep would be if the city was restored.
    Outside grey Hex represents where the city wall would be if city was restored
    Brown area is the trench dug by the Gobwins
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Did you get lucky and find any Ore or Gem in those dig locations? =)" You question.

    "No Gems but they are rare outside mountain hexes and usually deeper down than these trenches." The Gobwin replies

    Erfman 0 actions and 65 juice remains 6/6 hits
    Bob 2 actions remain 5/5 hits
    Billie 6 actions remain 9/9 hits
    Unnamed Billy Goat 8 actions remain 7/7 hits
    Woody 8 actions remain 20/22 hits
    Jessie 8 actions remain 8/10 hits
    The Luggage 10 actions remain 10/10 hits
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Pondering, Erfman estimates that to build a single section of wall it would cost the following:


    Mud wall 5 units of dirt (5 actions)

    Wood wall 5 units of wood (6 actions)

    Stone wall 5 units of stone (8 actions)

    High stone wall 10 units of stone (16 actions)

    And that we would need at least 4 sections of wall to cover the entire length of the trench so that would cost as follows:


    Mud wall 20 units of dirt (20 actions)

    Wood wall 20 units of wood (24 actions)

    Stone wall 20 units of stone (32 actions)

    High stone wall 40 units of stone (64 actions)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    [on this occasion I will allow you to use the dirt dug out from the trench so no additionial harvesting actions required]

    With the large amount of mud and dirt that the Gobwins have extracted from the ground you set Bob, Woody and Jessie to work piling the dirt up to form crude defensive mud walls along the north eastern and north western sides of the hex.

    Bob 2 actions used, Woody 8 actions used, Jessie 8 actions used, 18 units of dirt used





    End of Gobwins turn
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    The Dark sides Turn!


    Almost as soon as the Gobwins turn is over your goggles detect movement entering from the north of the hex. A single small black unit flitters in the sky above the hex.



    What do you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    The Waven hovers in mid air and seems to be staring straight down at you. Without an further delay you hurl your axe forwards and send it flying through the air. The axe once again seems to have unnatural accuracy and strikes the Waven right between the eyes causing it burst in a small cloud of dust. Your axe then circles round coming back to your hand.

    Everything falls still and quiet and nothing seems to happen for a good long while. The entire hex then seems to shake as the ground rumbles and a wave of croakamantic energy floods the hex. The next moment the hex is filled with the sounds of squawks and shrieks as a mass of black clouds drift in to the hex.






    Orders?
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    (Just to be clear the wave of croakamantic energy came from outside of the hex the swarm of Wavens then entered the hex from the north)

    Round 1

    Multiple stacks of Wavens was not what you are expecting but you quickly come up with a plan and order the majority of your warband in to the trench while you order Woody to stay behind and guard the stairs.

    As the only unit with a weapon capable of attacking at range you are the only one currently capable of attacking. You therefore line up a shot and unleash your axe towards the cloud of Wavens. Your axe streaks forwards and to your great surprise you do not just hit one Waven but four and they all burst in a cloud of dust.

    It is then the Wavens turn to go on the offensive and they all suddenly dive bomb downwards heading straight towards your warband. Woody does his best to screen for the stack but he is soon completely swarmed as a full 8 stack focuses their attention on him. Although his reinforced frame is rather sturdy the constant barrage of pecks take their toll and Woody loses 6 hits.

    The remaining 3 stacks then dive in to the trench and appear to focus on living targets as one goes for you, one goes for Bob and one goes for the unstacked Gobwin. It is absolutely chaos and it is hard to tell what is going on as beaks seem to be coming at you from all directions. In the chaos you somehow only lose a single hit perhaps due to the fact that only the half stack focuses on you while Bob is not so fortunate and takes 2 hits and the Gobwin worse still takes 3 hits.

    It is then your warbands turn to retaliate and the Gobwin's smirk due to the fact that being in the trenches allows them to use their tunnel fighting special. Your stack completely obliterates a stack of Wavens filling the air with dust. The lone Gobwin meanwhile seems to bounce off the walls of the trench as he one by one picks apart the Waven stack that attacked him until the entire stack is dusted.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman's Warband

    Stack 1
    Erfman: 5/6 hits 65/200 juice
    Bob (mounted): 3/5 hits
    Billie: 9 hits
    Woody: 14/22
    Jessie: 8/10
    The Luggage: 10 hits
    Betsy: 7 hits
    Gobwin 2: 5 hits
    Gobwin 3: 5 hits

    Stack 2
    Gobwin 1: 2/5 hits

    Dark One's Uncroaked

    Stack 1
    4 x Wavens

    Stack 2
    8 x Wavens
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 2

    Finding the Wavens to be a very different kind of foe to what you have encountered previously you decide to reorganise your stack formation. "wow.. you Gobwin rock at this! If you wish to unstack you may, otherwise carry on as before!" you call out. "Wounded Gobwin! You've gained your valor this battle, jump in The Luggage!" you then quickly add.

    The wounded Gobwin gives a quick nod before charging straight towards The Luggage and dives head first into the chest. The two Gobwins in your stack meanwhile break off and form their own seperate stack. Woody meanwhile responds to a silent command and begins to plod down the stairs in to the trench.

    "Blackbirds dusting in the mid of day
    Break your booping wings and just decay
    All your Unlife,
    You were only waiting for your moment of demise."
    You sing out as you hurl your axe forwards once again. You feel a strange drain on your juice but you can't quite seem to control what the juice is actually supposed to do and it fizzles out (25 juice lost). Your axe meanwhile flies true and as you glance up you spot 4 less Wavens.

    Despite their rapidly plummeting numbers the waves do not let up. Woody is able to draw the attention of the largest group and in doing so only sustains a single hit. A half stack meanwhile focuses on you once again the razor sharp beaks find soft flesh and you lose another 2 hits.

    The Gobwins however rush to your rescue and in a matter of moments the Wavens that were attacking you are nothing but dust.

    With you relatively safe your stack then converges on the final stack of Wavens and make short work of them. Before you can relax however you spot Woody gesticulating in the direction of the hex boundary. Looking up you spot a new stack slowly marching towards you.



    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman's Warband

    Stack 1
    Erfman: 3/6 hits 40/200 juice
    Bob (mounted): 3/5 hits
    Billie: 9 hits
    Woody: 13/22
    Jessie: 8/10
    The Luggage: 10 hits
    Betsy: 7 hits

    Stack 2
    Gobwin 2: 5 hits
    Gobwin 3: 5 hits

    Stack 3
    Gobwin 1: 2/5 hits (in The Luggage)

    Dark One's Uncroaked
    Uncroaked Piker 1
    Uncroaked Piker 2
    Uncroaked Piker 3
    Uncroaked Piker 4
    Uncroaked Archer 1
    Uncroaked Archer 2
    Uncroaked Archer 3
    Uncroaked Archer 4


    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 3
    "Spearman and Bow-man uncroaked! Stay in trench to avoid arrows!" Erman screams as he directs Woody to the front.

    Woody takes up a defensive position on the stairs while you and Jessie hussle down the trench in order to line up a perfect shot. Once you are happy you unleash the axe once again and it flies out of the trench. This time however before it can reach its target it is intercepted by one of the uncroaked pikers and is swatted out of the way.

    The uncroaked meanwhile hold their ground taking up a defensive position, the front rank of Pikers readying their spears and apparently screening for the archers. The archers then pull their bowstrings back and unleash a volley of arrows all aimed at the only easy target. Woody stands strong against the storm of arrows but once it is over he has a couple of arrows sticking out of his wooden frame and has lost 3 more hits.

    As far as you can tell the uncroaked seem far from mindless and it is almost as if they are being guided by some unseen hand.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman's Warband

    Stack 1
    Erfman: 3/6 hits 40/300 juice
    Bob (mounted): 3/5 hits
    Billie: 9 hits
    Woody: 10/22 (screening for all)
    Jessie: 8/10 (screening for Erfman)
    The Luggage: 10 hits
    Betsy: 7 hits

    Stack 2
    Gobwin 2: 5 hits
    Gobwin 3: 5 hits

    Stack 3
    Gobwin 1: 2/5 hits (in The Luggage)

    Dark One's Uncroaked
    Uncroaked Piker 1 (screening archer)
    Uncroaked Piker 2 screening archer)
    Uncroaked Piker 3 screening archer)
    Uncroaked Piker 4 screening archer)
    Uncroaked Archer 1
    Uncroaked Archer 2
    Uncroaked Archer 3
    Uncroaked Archer 4
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 4
    "Gobwins! Can you dig under them? They are about 10 steps away from here", Erfman says while at the same time realizing that Woody's Combat score would probably make him a more effective axe thrower.

    Making your way over to Woody you quickly trade weapons before ducking back down in to the trench to make sure that you are not an easy target. Woody then turns back to face the uncroaked stack and quickly hurls the axe forwards. The axe flies straight towards one of the uncroaked Piker's where it slams in to the shoulder of one of the Pikers dealing 3 hits before it returns to Woody.

    While this is going on you begin to channel your juice and focus on stitching Woody back together. There are a number of holes in his wooden frame but once you are done Woody is as good as new. (13 hits healed and 25 juice used)

    The uncroaked stack meanwhile continues to hold as the archers release another volley. You quickly jump back as the arrow storm once again rains down on Woody a few of the arrows finding their mark and dealing another 3 hits.

    The Gobwins meanwhile begin digging in to the side of the trench and slowly begin to stealthily make their towards the uncroaked, it takes their entire round but by the end of the round they are in position directly under the enemy stack.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman's Warband

    Stack 1
    Erfman: 3/6 hits 15/300 juice
    Bob (mounted): 3/5 hits
    Billie: 9 hits
    Woody: 19/22 (screening for all)
    Jessie: 8/10 (screening for Erfman)
    The Luggage: 10 hits
    Betsy: 7 hits

    Stack 2
    Gobwin 2: 5 hits
    Gobwin 3: 5 hits

    Stack 3
    Gobwin 1: 2/5 hits (in The Luggage)

    Dark One's Uncroaked
    Uncroaked Piker 1 (screening archer) 3 hits dealt
    Uncroaked Piker 2 (screening archer)
    Uncroaked Piker 3 (screening archer)
    Uncroaked Piker 4 (screening archer)
    Uncroaked Archer 1
    Uncroaked Archer 2
    Uncroaked Archer 3
    Uncroaked Archer 4



    On tunneling in and out of combat

    Out of combat tunneling can be made permanent and will cost actions.

    In combat any tunnels made will be temporary and will collapse after a certain amount of time


    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 5
    "Gogo! Pull as many archer uncroaked into the tunnel and dust them!" Erfman whispers into the tunnel, while at the same time mentally ordering Woody to throw the axe at same piker uncroaked*

    Woody once again unleashes the axe and hurls it towards the uncroaked stack though this time the axe strikes a piker squarely in the chest and it is promptly dusted.

    The archers retaliate with a volley of their own however as they do so the ground suddenly caves in beneath two of the archers feet. The volley this time is particularly accurate and woody starts to take on the appearance of a porcupine as he sustains a further 6 hits.

    The two archers as they fall in to the tunnell are met by the Gobwins axes and are quickly dispatched.

    The remaining uncroaked seem to hesitate for a moment before abrubtly breaking stack. The two archers back away from the hole in the ground while the 3 pikers advance on Woody.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman's Warband

    Stack 1
    Erfman: 3/6 hits 15/300 juice
    Bob (mounted): 3/5 hits
    Billie: 9 hits
    Woody: 13/22 (screening for all)
    Jessie: 8/10 (screening for Erfman)
    The Luggage: 10 hits
    Betsy: 7 hits

    Stack 2
    Gobwin 2: 5 hits
    Gobwin 3: 5 hits

    Stack 3
    Gobwin 1: 2/5 hits (in The Luggage)

    Dark One's Uncroaked
    Stack 1
    Uncroaked Piker 2 (engaging Woody)
    Uncroaked Piker 3 (engaging Woody)
    Uncroaked Piker 4 (engaging Woody)

    Stack 2
    Uncroaked Archer 1
    Uncroaked Archer 2


    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 6
    "Gobwins! Keep repeating manouver!"
    "Everyone else climb out to the middle of the Hex, Golems screening for living, Bob be extra careful! Position yourselves like this! *point*point*"
    [Luggage - Woody - Jessie]
    [Betsie - Bob/Billie - Erfman]

    The remaining two uncroaked archers pull their bow strings back and fire off their arrows straight down the Gobwins hole. One of the Gobwins then yelps in pain and surprise as an arrow slams in to its shoulder dealing 3 hits. The Gobwins quickly retaliate as they cave in the ground beneath the archers feet dropping them in to the hole with them. The two Gobwins converge on one of the archers and the archer is quickly dusted leaving only one more.

    Your stack meanwhile begins to fall back and retreat up the stairs and out of the trench with Woody covering your retreat. While Woody is holding the uncroaked pikers back they begin thrusting their spears forward dealing a further 2 hits to Woody as they score glancing blows. Reorganising your stack you form a defensive wall of Golems at the edge of the trench with You, Bob and the two Billy goats safely behind. Fighting back your Golems give as good as they get and deal 3 hits against the central Piker in return.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman's Warband

    Stack 1
    Erfman: 3/6 hits 15/300 juice
    Bob (mounted): 3/5 hits
    Billie: 9 hits
    Woody: 11/22 (screening for all)
    Jessie: 8/10 (screening for Erfman)
    The Luggage: 10 hits
    Betsy: 7 hits

    Stack 2
    Gobwin 2: 2/5 hits
    Gobwin 3: 5 hits

    Stack 3
    Gobwin 1: 2/5 hits (in The Luggage)

    Dark One's Uncroaked
    Stack 1
    Uncroaked Piker 2 (engaging Woody) 3 hits taken
    Uncroaked Piker 3 (engaging Woody)
    Uncroaked Piker 4 (engaging Woody)

    Stack 2
    Uncroaked Archer 1

    Quote Originally Posted by On Screening
    The mechanics of screening are rather complicated and are highly dependent on the positioning of units (ie the formation that you are in currently is very good for screening) but as a rule of thumb each unit that you are screening for and each unit you are screening against decreases the chance of being able to successfully screen by 5%.

    If a unit successfully screens then the attackers attack must be made against the screeners defence and not the unit it is protecting. If the attack is successful the screener takes damage and if it fails no damage is taken.

    Woody does not have any damage reduction but his high defense means that he is not sustaining that many hits.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    CyperWizWurmD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2019

    Default Re: Erfman the Barbarian

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 7

    The uncroaked archer fires off a shot at the wounded Gobwin but his brave friend pushes him out of the way taking an arrow to the shoulder in his friends place sustaining a single hit.

    You meanwhile reshuffle your stacks swapping out Betsy for the luggage and trading weapons with Woody. As soon as you have the axe in your hand you unleash the weapon and it begins to circle around Woody in a defencive orbit. The lid of The luggage then pops open and the Gobwin springs out like a jack in the box. "Gobwin, come on out, you can go help the others in the tunnel" you command and the Gobwin immediately hops in to the trench and takes off down the Gobwin tunnel. Stacking up the three Gobwins then set upon the lone archer and swiftly dust it with rapid swipes of their axes.

    One of the uncroaked Pikers meanwhile gives an almost quizocal look as it almost seems to study the axe spinning around Woody then as one the three pikers thrust forwards with their spears the central Piker managing to get around the spinnng axe and score a single hit. Woody then retaliates and dusts the offending Piker with a solid blow from the craftman's hammer. Jessie meanwhile also scores a glancing blow against another of the Pikers dealing a single hit.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Stack 1
    Erfman: 3/6 hits 15/300 juice
    Bob (mounted): 3/5 hits
    Billie: 9 hits (screening for Bob)
    Woody: 10/22 (screening for Billie)
    Jessie: 8/10 (screening for Erfman)
    The Luggage: 10 hits
    Betsy: 7 hits (screening for Gobwin

    Stack 2
    Gobwin 1: 2/5 hits
    Gobwin 2: 2/5 hits
    Gobwin 3: 4/5 hits


    Dark One's Uncroaked
    Stack 1
    Uncroaked Piker 3 (engaging Woody) 1 hit taken
    Uncroaked Piker 4 (engaging Woody)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 8

    Badly out numbered the uncroaked seem to have little chance of victory now but they fight on regardless. A spear head once again gets past Woody's defence and he sustains another hit.

    With the stack of archers defeated the Gobwins do not have a target so they sprint back down their tunnel where they are greeted by the sight of the uncrokeds backs. The three Gobwins quickly move in to a flanking position and take advantage of the enemies lowered defence and in a coordinated move dusts the nearest piker. Woody, Jessie and Betsy then take full advantage of the situation and they rain down blows upon the final uncroaked and it to is rapidly dusted.

    Congratulations you have won the battle! Delicious experience gained!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Stack 1
    Erfman: 3/6 hits 15/300 juice
    Bob (mounted): 3/5 hits
    Billie: 9 hits
    Woody: 9/22 (screening for all)
    Jessie: 8/10 (screening for Erfman)
    The Luggage: 10 hits
    Betsy: 7 hits

    Stack 2
    Gobwin 1: 2/5 hits
    Gobwin 2: 2/5 hits
    Gobwin 3: 4/5 hits


    Dark One's Uncroaked
    Dusted!


    The Darkside ends Turn!
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Turn 12

    Stats


    Erfman the Barbarian
    Level 3 Dollamancer
    (Adept)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 6 (2+2+2) Defence: 2 Move: 10 (8+2) Juice: 300/300
    Upkeep: 150s
    Purse: 600s
    Equipped: Craftman's +1 Hammer, Motion Goggles


    Bob
    Level 3 Piker

    Hits: 5 Combat: 10 (5+4+1) Defence: 5 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 20s
    Special: Piker defence
    Equipped: Pikers +1 Spear


    Woody
    Reinforced Wood Golem

    Hits: 22 Combat: 12 (10+2) Defence: 6 Move: 8
    Juice Charge: 10/100
    Upkeep: 30 juice
    Special: Heavy
    Equipped: +1 Animated Gobwin Axe


    Jessie
    Wood Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 11 (9+2) Defence: 5 (4+1) Move: 8
    Juice Charge: 40/100
    Upkeep: 20 juice
    Equipped: modified Piker armor, +1 Gobwin Axe


    The Luggage
    Luggage Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 5 Defence: 3 Move: 16
    Juice Charge: 35/100
    Upkeep: 20 juice
    Special: Carnyed - Bigger on the inside, Dollamancy - moving parts, Capture


    Billie
    Level 2 Billy Goat

    Hits: 9 (7+2) Combat: 8 Defence: 2 Move: 22 (20+2)
    Upkeep: 25
    Special: Self Sufficient, Mountain Capable, Mount
    Equiped: Woolly Saddle, Goat shoes of escape


    Betsy
    Level 1 Billy Goat

    Hits: 9 Combat: 8 Defence: 2 Move: 20
    Upkeep: 25
    Special: Self Sufficient, Mountain Capable
    Equiped:


    Inventory

    Moneymancy scroll of 'Liquidate' x1
    Powerball x1
    Gem (200s) x2

    Fruit x20
    Deseeded fruit x 10
    Fruit seeds x20
    Bucket (filled with milk) x1
    Arkenfiend Mushroom x1

    Stone x3
    Pebbles x1
    Wood x5
    Wool x3
    Metal Ore x4
    Branches from a Bush x1

    Crude Gobwin axe x1
    Stabbers Sword x8
    Pikers Spear x4
    Archers Bow x4
    Shears x1
    Pole x1
    Gobwin clothes x0






    Map explored so far
    Spoiler
    Show



    What do you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Remembering that riding a regular mount costs the rider Move, while being transported in The Luggage does not,
    *Erman studies how could he make The Luggage Mountain Capable, maybe making its legs longer and similar to the goat's, and make it able to hop from ledge to ledge as he has seen the Goat's move in Mountains*
    and estimates that by using a unit of wood you could extend the legs and remodel the joints so that their design is based off the structure of the Billy Goat legs. You estimate this would take 3 actions and 50 juice.

    Erman then turns to the Gobwins and exclaims: "Say, wow! You really rocked in this tunnel/trench fighting! What exactly does your Tunnel Fighting special gives?"

    "When fighting in tunnels our base combat value is increased by 7" the Gobwin replies.

    "Hmm, and another important question. Your mining skills... would they allow you to carve stone shapes or gear, if needed?"

    "Our tunnelling ability does not grant us any special bonuses for crafting but we might be able to help you craft simple items..." the Gobwin replies.

    Assisted crafting: Additionial units may help a caster with a construction task. For every four actions that the helper uses the caster saves one action. The total amount of actions required may not be decreased less than 50% of its orginal value in this way
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    *Erfman's jaw drops* "Oh wow!..

    What's your stats by-the-way?"


    "Ummm I'm not sure I should say... maybe you should ask the chief...
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Pondering if he could transport The Luggage between hexes Erfman turns to his companions:
    "Woody and Jessie, come here. Try to lift The Luggage and carry it around a bit" You order to which your Golems immediately comply reaching taking one side of The Luggage before lifting it up and carrying it around the hex.

    "Hmm, Bob, give me a hand? Let's see if WE can carry it around" you then add and Bob this time helps you to lift The Luggage and carry it around for a while.

    "Last test, let's see if The Luggage gets heavier when people climb aboard. Woody, climb aboard will you? Bob, let's try lifting it up again" you finally suggest. Woody climbs inside and you and Bob once again lift the chest though it feels no different than before.

    Suddently, Erman does a double-take! And exclaims to the Gobwins:
    ". . . where are my manners!? I'm sorry we've not been properly introduced, I'm Erfman the Barbarian, Son of Fanon, and this is Bob the Piker. You gained much honor on this past battle, and should be remembered for it. Will you tell me your names?" you say as you turn to the Gobwins while Bob gives a small wave as you introduce him.

    "I'm Durp and this is Burp and Lurp" one of the Gobwins replies.

    In the meanwhile, pondering if he would ever use the scroll of Liquidate, Erman estimates Jessie would maybe only provide 100 schmuckers or less...
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    While you decide on the big plans for the turn you set Bob to work on the mundane harvesting duties.

    Bob retrieves the shears and sets to work shearing the Goats getting a small amount of wool from both Billie and Betsy.

    Bob 1 action used. 2 units of wool gained

    Bob then starts going around the bushes and collecting all the fruits from each.

    Bob 6 actions used. 9 fruit gained

    (Assuming no one objects to WurmD's proposed actions...)

    "Hey Gobwins, we're going to meet with Chief, wanna come with?" you offer to which the Gobwins shrug their shoulders though they decide it is probably safest if they go along with you rather than be left on their own to defend Fanon. You all then climb in to The Luggage and set off to the south with your head poking out the top so you can see where you are going. As soon as you enter the Hill hex your goggles alert you to the presence of an enemy unit and you spot a lone Waven hovering above the hex.

    What do you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    You release the bane of all Wavens and once again the poor defenceless unit is quickly dusted.

    Waven dusted. Exp gained

    Deciding that now would be as good a time as any to upgrade the luggage you all pile out of the chest.

    Bob splits off and sets about planting seeds but he is only able to plant 3 before he runs out of actions.

    Bob 3 actions used. 3 seeds planted

    Jessie meanwhile sets to work with helping you upgrade the luggage by first retrieving some wood from inside the Luggage and then cutting it to size. You meanwhile begin to channel your juice and focus on the more delicate and intricate details such as the joints that will grant the Luggage motion. Between the two of you you make swift work of the upgrade and though at first glance the Luggage does not look any different you know that you have done a good job.

    Jessie 4 actions used. Erfman 2 actions and 50 juice used. 1 unit of wood used. The luggage has gained the mountain capable special.

    You all pile back in to the Luggage and set off once again this time entering the mountain hex that is home to the Gobwins.

    The Luggage 2 move used

    As soon as you arrive you immediately realise something is up. All the Gobwins appear wounded and are standing in a defencive stance in a small semicircle facing inwards towards the entrance of the Gobwin caves.
    As all climb out, Erfman starts to declaim:

    "Hear me Gobwins! We return victorious!! And the Gobwins *gesture to the 3* had as much a hand in this victory as us."
    "Where of you? Where you attacked? What befell here?"

    "Over there in Fanon there were a full stack of skeleton uncroaked waiting for us. They were swiftly dusted, albeit taking a Gobwin life with them."

    (I wonder if the Gobwin saved by our bandages will chime in)
    "Later on, in the Dark One's turn we were assaulted by 3 stacks of Uncroaked Wavens, and after that 4 uncroaked pikers and 4 uncroaked archers."
    "Your Gobwins were instrumental in the dusting of all of those. They had dug a trench to better defend Fanon and while fighting in the trench they rocked ass!"


    "Did your miners find anything for us this past turn?"

    "Chief, it occurred to me that you have to cover upkeep every turn. How have you been doing so? From mining?"

    "How many Gobwins do we have here? Is this the whole tribe?
    I have here with me that many upkeep-sustaining fruits, I can give them to you now, and thus guarantee the upkeep of your entire tribe this following turn, which would allow you to not spend any of the Gems you might find mining this following turn."
    *motion to the Luggage to approach*
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    The chief stands in the centre of the semicircle flanked by six injured looking Gobwins he gives you a tired look as you begin to speak.

    "Mining was going well, we found a very large gem..." the chief begins slowly "But then we came to a passage that we did not dig... we had come upon the pit of a feral Dwagon Wurm! Before we knew it two Gobwins had become the Wurm's lunch and the rest barely made it out without being croaked. The Wurm then tried to snatch us up but we forced it back underground but we could not croak it." the chief recounts.

    "We have but 10 Gobwins left, mining is one way that we pay our upkeep. I will give you gems to the value of 25 schmuckers for each piece of fruit but be warned until the Wurm is croaked any further gems may be hard to come by." the chief explains.
    "Huh.. I'm unsure we'd fare better against such a foe at this time.

    As a workaround, what about the mines in the NE hex? Would moving the whole tribe there and mining there be viable? At least now you'd be on the lookout for Dwagon Wurm tunnels and retreat at the first breach onto such a tunnel"


    *Says Erfman while he mentally orders the Luggage to open wide, and for Jessie and Woody to start bringing the 10 deseeded fruits up.*
    "We could try but that may be too close... Once awoken their hunger is rarely sated..." the chief replies in a grim tone.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Here Chief, Upkeep for all this coming turn." you declare as you retrieve ten pieces of fruit of fruit from the luggage and hand them over.

    The Chief accepts the fruit with a curt nod before quickly handing out the fruit to the gathered Gobwins. He then pulls out a few small gems and hands them over.

    10 deseeded fruit given away. Gems worth 250 schmuckers received.

    "And now watch, this is the secret of farming:" you add as you give a mental order Jessie to deseed a fruit. "First you carefully save the seeds of these fruits".

    Jessie 1 action and 1 fruit used. 1 seed and 1 deseeded fruit gained.

    You then give a mental order to Jessie to plant a seed. "And then you dig a small hole, and put the seed in it" you explain.

    Jessie 1 action and 1 sees used


    "A fruit bush should pop some turns from now, already loaded with fruits. And harvested fruits seemingly repop every two turns. There does seem to be a limit to the number of bushes in an Hex, so we should plant them in many hexes." you continue to explain.

    "Will you and your tribe come down the mountain with me to Fanon? The Dark One's minions will keep coming, but our combined forces have already proven to be a formidable foe to the uncroaked.
    Also, there seems to be ore and gems under Fanon. Do you think two hexes away might be enough away for mining the next turn in relative safety?"
    you suggest.

    The chief takes on a thoughtful look. "It is no longer safe to mine this hex and if we cannot mine we cannot pay upkeep so we must move!" the chief declares. "If there is food to harvest then we shall come to Fannon but know that the chance of finding gems outside of mountain hexes is low and we still may draw the attention of the Wurm..." the chief continues.


    Wiz, could Erfman estimate how much apples would Liquidate for? Or say a crate of 50 apples?
    The moneymancy is beyond you. You have no idea of how the mechanics of the liquidate spell works...


    Remaining actions

    Erfman: 8 actions 250 juice
    Bob 0 actions
    Woody 8 actions
    Jessie 2 actions
    The Luggage 10 actions
    Billie 22 actions
    Betsy 20 actions
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Chief, do you have further information about the Dwagon Wurm? Does it have weaknesses or does it like particular things or food? We would like to tame it so it can assist you in mining." You question of the Gobwin chief.

    "The Dwagon Wurm is a heavy unit with the tunnelling special. Its scales are as hard as steel and it's teeth as sharp as swords, it has a corrosive breath that melts the very rocks and it feasts on gems!" the Gobwin chief recounted.

    "Also, we have dusted many lone Wavens in the past few hexes, do you know more about them?" you add desperate for any information that you can get your hands on.

    Bowie gives a noncommittal shrug. "They are small flying units. The Dark One uses them as scouts and spies. Like most of his units the Dark One seems to croak and uncroak them before sending them out to do his bidding..." The Gobwin chief replied.
    "Besides this hex and the luggage, there is no other place members of the tribe have been spread out to, correct?"
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "We have suffered greatly in recent turns, in this single hex is all that remains of the once great Gobwin tribe!" the chief replies.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    After some conversation the Gobwin's agree to come back with you to the Fanon capital site and one by one they begin climbing in to the luggage. Once everyone is inside you set off north returning to the Hill Hex.

    The Luggage 2 move used

    You order Woody and Jessie out of the Luggage and they continue planting seeds.

    Jessie 2 actions used, Woody 1 action used. 3 seeds planted

    The two Golems then climb back in to the Luggage and you set off once again. Heading north east you come to the next Hill hex and to no great surprise you spot yet another Waven in the air above the hex.

    The Luggage 2 move used

    You unleash the animated axe once again quickly dusting the Waven before you order Woody out of the chest once again. You set Woody to work collecting fruit but before he can collect it all he runs out of actions and is forced to return to the luggage.

    Woody 7 actions used. 10 fruit gained


    You Bob and Billie then climb out of the Luggage and you sit down for a meal each eating a piece of fruit.

    3 deseeded fruit consumed. Erfman, Bob and Billie upkeep paid

    Now well fed you send Bob and Billie off to scout with orders to meet you back at Fanon while you return to the Luggage.

    Back in the Luggage you then head north with your head poking out of the lid.

    The Luggage 2 move used

    As soon as you enter the farm Hex your goggles alert you to the presence of a single Waven... Your attention however is quickly drawn away as you focus on the stack of 4 skeletal uncroaked charging towards you with swords drawn.


    Orders?
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 2

    Safely protected by a wall of Golems you pluck the axe out of the air and halt it's protective circuit before redirecting and sending it flying in the direction of an uncroaked. Your target however swats the axe away with a backhanded stroke of its blade and the axe flies back to your hand.

    The rest of your stack then takes the opportunity to engage with Betsy charging head first in to the ranks of the enemy and slamming in to one of the uncroaked. Woody and Jessie then capitalize on this slamming their weapons into the stunned unit quickly dusting it.

    The uncroaked however are far from defeated and immediately retaliate. Two of the uncroaked stabbers swipe at Woody while a third swipes at Jessie. The sturdy Woody deflects the majority of attacks taking only a single hit while Jessie is not quite so lucky and is struck by a solid blow that digs deeply in to her torso stealing away 4 hits.

    The Luggage meanwhile remains stationary as the Gobwin chief creeps out accompanied by three of his healthiest gobwins. The Gobwins circle around the hex before disappearing out of sight.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman's Warband

    Stack 1

    Woody 20/22 hits (screening for Erfman)
    Jessie 6/10 hits
    The Luggage 10 hits (unloading units)
    Betsy 7 hits
    Erfman 6 hits 250/300 juice

    Bowie's Gobwins

    Stack 1

    Bowie the Gobwin Chief: 5/15 hits
    Gobwin 1: 3/5 hits
    Gobwin 2: 3/5 hits
    Gobwin 3: 4/5 hits

    The Darkone's uncroaked

    Stack 1

    Uncroaked 2
    Uncroaked 3
    Uncroaked 4

    Stack 2

    Waven
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 3

    "Take them from below! Archons, hit them from above!" You cry as you hurl your axe forwards swiftly taking out the Waven and converting it in to nothing but dust in the wind.

    Your stack meanwhile continues to engage the uncroaked with both Woody and Jessie scoring a single hit.

    The uncroaked however fight back each targeting one of the front rank. Woody takes a hit to the arm loosing another 2 hits while Jessie is successful in blocking the attack against her. The unarmoured Billy goat however is not suited to this kind of fight and finds her flank raked by a blade as she loses 4 hits.

    The ground then suddenly crumples as one of the uncroaked disappears from sight and the clanging of metal can be heard.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman's Warband

    Stack 1

    Woody 18/22 hits (screening for Erfman)
    Jessie 6/10 hits
    The Luggage 10 hits (unloading units)
    Betsy 3/7 hits
    Erfman 6 hits 250/300 juice

    Bowie's Gobwins

    Stack 1

    Bowie the Gobwin Chief: 5/15 hits (underground)
    Gobwin 1: 3/5 hits (underground)
    Gobwin 2: 3/5 hits (underground)
    Gobwin 3: 4/5 hits (underground)

    The Darkone's uncroaked

    Stack 1

    Uncroaked 2 2 hits taken
    Uncroaked 3
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 4

    You once again hurl the axe forwards this time striking the injured uncroaked dealing a single hit though it still remains standing. On your command Betsy then backs away and your two Golems double team the injured uncroaked finally finishing it off.

    The last uncroaked stands it's ground and makes another swipe at Woody connecting with the Golem's shoulder chipping off a further two hits. The uncroaked then vanishes as it falls through the ground and you are greeted by the sound of clashing metal once again.

    It all falls silent and after a few moments Bowie and his Gobwins climb out of a hole in the ground.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman's Warband

    Stack 1

    Woody 16/22 hits (screening for Erfman)
    Jessie 6/10 hits
    The Luggage 10 hits (unloading units)
    Betsy 3/7 hits
    Erfman 6 hits 250/300 juice

    Bowie's Gobwins

    Stack 1

    Bowie the Gobwin Chief: 5/15 hits (underground)
    Gobwin 1: 3/5 hits (underground)
    Gobwin 2: 3/5 hits (underground)
    Gobwin 3: 4/5 hits (underground)

    The Darkone's uncroaked

    Dusted


    You have won the battle. Exp gained!


    What do you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    With the battle over you wander around and collect up the fallen swords of the enemy.

    4 Stabber swords gained

    "Great going Chief! Aw man! My next golem is GOING to have to have Tunnel Fighting! You guys ROCK at it. Plus SEVEN combat? That's AMAZING! What's a Gobwins base stats anyway?"

    The chief stares at you for a moment as if sizing you up and considering whether you can be trusted with this information. " 5 hits, 7 combat and 3 defense with both the tunneler and tunnel fighting specials...." the chief finally replies.

    "Also, how can we restore your great tribe to glory again? Can more Gobwins be popped onto Erf by more rations or do you need other things?" you question.

    "More Gobwins can only be popped with schmuckers... there's a low chance we can pop them in the wild but we mainly rely on being gifted schmuckers by our allies to pop units" the chief explains
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    You once again all climb in to the Luggage this time heading back home to the Fanon hex.

    The Luggage 2 move used

    You are not back for long when a badly wounded Bob comes charging back in to the hex.

    Status

    Erfman 6/6 hits 250 juice 8 actions
    Bob 1/5 hits 0 actions
    Woody 16/22 hits 0 actions
    Jessie 6/10 hits 0 actions
    The Luggage 10/10 2 actions
    Billie 2/9 hits 2 actions
    Betsy 3/7 hits 20 actions



    (All Gobwins except Bowie are level 1)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Turn 12 - update

    Stats


    Erfman the Barbarian
    Level 3 Dollamancer
    (Adept)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 6 (2+2+2) Defence: 2 Move: 10 (8+2) Juice: 300/300
    Upkeep: 150s
    Purse: 600s
    Equipped: Craftman's +1 Hammer, Motion Goggles
    Exp: 184/400


    Bob
    Level 3 Piker

    Hits: 5 Combat: 10 (5+4+1) Defence: 5 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 20s
    Special: Piker defence
    Equipped: Pikers +1 Spear
    Exp: 34/400


    Woody
    Reinforced Wood Golem

    Hits: 22 Combat: 12 (10+2) Defence: 6 Move: 8
    Juice Charge: 10/100
    Upkeep: 30 juice
    Special: Heavy
    Equipped: +1 Animated Gobwin Axe


    Jessie
    Wood Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 11 (9+2) Defence: 5 (4+1) Move: 8
    Juice Charge: 40/100
    Upkeep: 20 juice
    Equipped: modified Piker armor, +1 Gobwin Axe


    The Luggage
    Luggage Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 5 Defence: 3 Move: 16
    Juice Charge: 35/100
    Upkeep: 20 juice
    Special: Carnyed - Bigger on the inside, Dollamancy - moving parts, Capture


    Billie
    Level 2 Billy Goat

    Hits: 9 (7+2) Combat: 8 Defence: 2 Move: 22 (20+2)
    Upkeep: 25
    Special: Self Sufficient, Mountain Capable, Mount
    Equiped: Woolly Saddle, Goat shoes of escape
    Exp: 34/200


    Betsy
    Level 1 Billy Goat

    Hits: 7 Combat: 8 Defence: 2 Move: 20
    Upkeep: 25
    Special: Self Sufficient, Mountain Capable
    Equiped:
    Exp: 72/100

    Inventory

    Moneymancy scroll of 'Liquidate' x1
    Powerball x1
    Gems (value = 650s)

    Fruit x36
    Deseeded fruit x 0
    Fruit seeds x14
    Bucket (filled with milk) x1
    Arkenfiend Mushroom x1

    Stone x3
    Pebbles x1
    Wood x4
    Wool x5
    Metal Ore x4
    Branches from a Bush x1

    Crude Gobwin axe x1
    Stabbers Sword x12
    Pikers Spear x4
    Archers Bow x4
    Shears x1
    Pole x1
    Gobwin clothes x0






    Scouting
    Spoiler
    Show



    What do you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Bob, good job on getting away safely. What can you tell us about the enemy? Anything special?" You question of Bob once he gives his report of what he found.

    "Not much sir I was busy fleeing... but I think the Warlord is the only living unit... he was the one that spotted me and he stacked up with a stack of archers and they opened fire on me.... Bob begins. "Most of the units are units that we have faced before though there was a big heavy unit that I recon has siege and there were two small bandaged units that looked quite strong... perhaps knight class units..." Bob continues. "The other interesting thing that I noticed was actually in the hex before the enemy camp... there was this weird pillar thing that the uncroaked were guarding it seemed to be pulsing with energy..." Bob revealed.

    "Chief Bowie. The enemy is literally one hex away. A warlord of the Dark Side, with three uncroaked the likes of which we have not fought before. One Heavy, and two wearing many bandages, perhaps some uncroaked healamancy in them. This is in addition to a stack of archers, a stack of pikers, and two stacks of stabbers... and anything else not scouted that he could pull in in a single turn's move." Erfman pauses, letting those Numbers sink in.

    "Chief, there is an army of Uncroaked coming. We need full disclosure. If we can build Fanon now, more of us all will survive this battle. The Dark One wants us both exterminated, so we have to stand together. How many gems and shmuckers do you still have? Can we borrow them to rebuild Fanon, we will pinky swear to repay you two, no threefold so you can restore your tribe! Any other special items? And how many shmuckers are needed to pop a Gobwin?" You then question turning to Bowie the Gobwin chief.

    "We have one gem left..." the Gobwin chief replies gravely. "It is worth 300 schmuckers... if we were to give it to you you must pinky swear that you will pay upkeep for every single Gobwin in the tribe... also if you plan to pay us back threefold you will have to pop a minimum of 36 Gobwins once we are allied for it costs 25 schmuckers to pop a Gobwin" The chief continues.
    "We pinky swear to feed all Gobwins here in the following turns." Erfman says gravely.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Bowie accepts the pinky swear and hands over his last gem with a grim expression.

    300s Gem gained

    Retreat action

    An attacking force may retreat (leave the hex) during any round of combat however it takes a full round to do so and the opposing force will get a round to attack.

    The Goatshoes of retreat allows the wearer to retreat before any attacks are made that round. This action is automatically successful against unled stacks but command units and their stacks have a chance to act before the retreat action
    Liquidate

    This spell may only be used on items, units or structures that you own or are in possession off.
    HA!! TEST IF UNITS CAN CARRY OTHERS across hex boundaries:
    - All Aboard
    - tie Luggage to Betsie,
    - have Betsie drag The Luggage to Farm hex
    - Check how many move Betsie spent
    As soon as you come to the hex boundary you are stopped as though there is a invisible wall there...
    Can we pop any non soldier type units? (IE, Couriers, Sappers, Farmers, or Beast units)
    Not at this time

    What is currently in the storehouse?
    Absolutely nothing

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Compilation of Game Thread)

    "Chief Bowie... do any of your gobwins still have actions for this turn?" Erfman asks, knowing those actions would be a wasted resource if not used up before the gobwin turn starts.

    "No they were all used for mining..." the chief replies.


    "Hmm, Bob can be carried by Billie, even when out of Move.."

    ".. hmm.. we can carry items when crossing hex boundaries.."

    "I wonder what's happening here.. What's the difference between Bob and The Luggage? The Luggage is a Golem? The Luggage is not humanoid?"

    ":D Let's test! Jessie is a light, humanoid Golem, let's see if she can ride Betsy in her saddle ^_^"

    *Test*
    *order Jessie to mount Betsy with Billie's saddle, and for both to go the Farm Hex and back*
    Betsy trots out of the Hex with Jessie on her back and a short while later returns.

    Betsy 4 move used[/quote]

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Woodie and Jessie, please support The Luggage weight, atop Betsy, so we tie it properly."
    *use 1 wool to make rope*
    *Evaluate if enough to properly tie Luggage atop saddle*
    *if need more, use more wool to continue the initial rope, making it longer*
    *tie Luggage, with the lid open*
    *after well supported, Betsy lean against a rubble or trench wall, such that we can All Aboard*
    *Be carried to The Farm Hex*
    Once again as soon as you reach the hex boundary you are greeted by a force like an invisible wall.

    Status

    Erfman 6/6 hits 250 juice 8 actions
    Bob 1/5 hits 0 actions
    Woody 16/22 hits 0 actions
    Jessie 6/10 hits 0 actions
    The Luggage 10/10 2 actions
    Billie 2/9 hits 2 actions
    Betsy 3/7 hits 16 actions
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Chief, what's your hits at?" You question.

    "Five out of fifteen that Dwagon Wurm almost got me... the chief replies.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Concentrating hard you begin to gather juice as you study the items in your inventory one by one and slowly estimate the value of each.

    25 juice used. Mass valuation cast!
    Congratulations you have cast your first cross class spell!



    Inventory

    Moneymancy scroll of 'Liquidate' x1 [50s]
    Powerball x1 [0s]
    Gems (value = 650s) [650s]

    Fruit x36 [5s each]
    Deseeded fruit x 0
    Fruit seeds x14 [2s each]
    Bucket (filled with milk) x1 [10s]
    Arkenfiend Mushroom x1 [50s]

    Stone x3 [10s each]
    Pebbles x1 [1s]
    Wood x4 [5s each]
    Wool x5 [5s each]
    Metal Ore x4 [15s each]
    Branches from a Bush x1 [1s]

    Crude Gobwin axe x1 [10s]
    Stabbers Sword x12 [10s each]
    Pikers Spear x4 [5s each]
    Archers Bow x4 [5s each]
    Shears x1 [10s]
    Pole x1[5s]
    Gobwin clothes x0

    Plus
    Craftman's +1 Hammer [300s]
    Motion Goggles [300s]
    Pikers +1 Spear [100s]
    +1 Animated Gobwin Axe [300s]
    +1 Gobwin Axe [100s]
    Woolly Saddle [15s]
    Goat shoes of escape [300s]
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Promotions that Erfman is aware of

    Normal unit -> Knight 100s
    Normal unit -> Warlord 600s

    Knight -> Warlord 500s

    Warlord -> Chief warlord 500s

    Any unit -> Heir 1000s

    Light unit -> heavy unit 100s

    Mount -> Warmount 100s
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Pulling out the Moneymancy scroll of liquidation you very careful unfurl it and begin reading over the text. The juice stored in the scroll has a rather unfamiliar feel to it but as you begin the incantation and release the juice from the scroll it seems to have a mind of its own and the juice moves of its own accord. With the spell on the tip of your tongue and the juice at your fingertips you direct it towards items in your inventory. The items shimmer for a brief moment before vanishing out of existence as you feel a sudden surge in your purse.

    1 Action and Moneymancy scroll of Liquidate used
    Spoiler
    Show
    The following items are liquidated
    Jessie's +1 Gobwin Axe [100s]
    Goat shoes of escape [300s]
    Pikers Spear x4 [5s each]
    Archers Bow x4 [5s each]
    Shears x1 [10s]
    Pole x1[5s]
    Stabbers Sword x8 [10s each]
    Bucket (filled with milk) x1 [10s]
    Wood x4 [5s each]
    Wool x5 [5s each]
    Fruit x12 [5s each]

    650s gained
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Chief, Bob, we're ready to found the city, and I'm wondering, if the city does not have a tunnel zone, what are the consequences of that? Could the Gobwins still not create tunnels with their actions?" You question

    "There is already a tunnel zone in this hex." The Gobwin chief replies. "The Gobwins have been using it even after the fall of Fanon..." he reveals pointing to the hole and the cracks on the floor of the hex.
    *Erfman then meditates a little focusing on what he feels the city should be/have*:

    - Trenches outside the walls (if only walls it's really easy for siege to walk up to it and break it down)
    - Crenelation on Walls and Tower with cover above the head (so there are hiding places besides where we can throw axe where neither direct arrows nor shower-of-arrows can reach)
    - Workshop with materials usable in dollamancy
    - Special Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Chief, what does the Arkenfiend mushroom do exactly to the mind of a unit?" You question.

    "I can't say for certain... I've heard tales of many things. One of my Gobwins ate one once and he ended up attacking his stack mates and we had to croak him in the end... I've heard other stories though of them being used to drug units and make them do as their told... I think you'd really need to ask a caster though to learn more..." Bowie replies.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman walks to the middle of the hex. He holds and liquidates gems with the innate moneymancy of those items... He understands the act better then he did before. "I, Erfman the Dollamancer, Unit of the side Fanon, do refound it here, upon it's capital site." He claps his hand, and wills the claiming of the site. "In this, the city of [name to be decided], we shall thrive again."

    "2000s used. The city site has been claimed!"

    The entire hex seems to shake and everything around you seems to become somewhat hazy before you lose sight of all the rubble that was littering the hex. The small dirt walls that you had begun to build suddenly shoot up and through some natural dirtamancy seems to harden in to stone as the trenches the gobwins had begun start to snake around the hex. Next buildings suddenly start popping in to existence around you and then walls suddenly erupt out of the ground surrounding you in all directions. Soon the daylight is blocked out and you find yourself standing in a large bare stone room.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Turn 12 - update

    Side: Name to be determined

    Capital: Name to be determined

    Income: 500s / turn
    Production: 50
    Spoiler
    Show
    Units available to pop;
    Stabber (20) 5/10/4/8
    Piker (20) 5/5/5/8 [Piker Defence]
    Archer (20) 5/11/3/8 [Archery]
    Scout (7) 2/2/2/8 [Scout]

    Tower: Level 1, Juice Charge: 0
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dollamantic converter: The tower is able to convert schmuckers to power Golems. Dollamancy Golems may pay upkeep in schmuckers or juice.
    Caster Bonus: Spells cast while in the tower are cast at caster level +1

    Walls: Level 1
    City Zone:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dwellings
    Barracks
    Storehouse
    Dollamancy Workshop - (Dollamancy crafting time reduced by 10%)

    Dungeons: Level 0
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cells: 1 (crude cavern, low security) Capacity 0/2

    Garison:

    Treasury: 0s


    Spoiler
    Show


    Stats


    Erfman the Barbarian
    Level 3 Dollamancer
    (Adept)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 6 (2+2+2) Defence: 2 Move: 10 (8+2) Juice: 300/300
    Upkeep: 150s
    Purse: 0s
    Equipped: Craftman's +1 Hammer, Motion Goggles
    Exp: 186/400


    Bob
    Level 3 Lancer (Knight)

    Hits: 15 Combat: 24 (17+6+1) Defence: 6 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 40s
    Special: Piker defence, Lancer, Knight
    Equipped: Pikers +1 Spear
    Exp: 34/400


    Woody
    Reinforced Wood Golem

    Hits: 22 Combat: 12 (10+2) Defence: 6 Move: 8
    Juice Charge: 10/100
    Upkeep: 30 juice
    Special: Heavy
    Equipped: +1 Animated Gobwin Axe


    Jessie
    Wood Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 9 Defence: 5 (4+1) Move: 8
    Juice Charge: 40/100
    Upkeep: 20 juice
    Equipped: modified Piker armor,


    The Luggage
    Luggage Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 5 Defence: 3 Move: 16
    Juice Charge: 35/100
    Upkeep: 20 juice
    Special: Carnyed - Bigger on the inside, Dollamancy - moving parts, Capture


    Billie
    Level 2 War Goat

    Hits: 23 (20+3) Combat: 15 Defence: 4 Move: 22 (20+2)
    Upkeep: 40
    Special: Self Sufficient, Mountain Capable, Heavy, WarMount (1 rider 1 passenger)
    Equipped: Woolly Saddle
    Exp: 34/200


    Betsy
    Level 1 Billy Goat

    Hits: 7 Combat: 8 Defence: 2 Move: 20
    Upkeep: 25
    Special: Self Sufficient, Mountain Capable
    Equiped:
    Exp: 72/100

    Inventory

    Powerball x1

    Fruit x24
    Deseeded fruit x 0
    Fruit seeds x14
    Arkenfiend Mushroom x1

    Stone x3
    Pebbles x1
    Wood x0
    Wool x0
    Metal Ore x4
    Branches from a Bush x1

    Crude Gobwin axe x1
    Stabber Swords x4


    Scouting
    Spoiler
    Show



    What do you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Can we benefit from the workshop and tower bennies on a singular project, or will we have to get a dirtamancer to move the workshop into the tower for that later for that, and we have to choose right now?
    The tower bonus is more designed as a combat bonus while the workshop is designed as crafting bonus. But you could in theory build a golem shell in the workshop and then have it brought up to the tower to animate it.

    What is the schmucker to juice ratio the tower gives us?
    1:1

    Can we pop units with this turn's production?

    You can place your orders this turn but they will not pop until the start of your next turn.

    Whats the cost for the city to be level 2?
    To upgrade to level 2 the base cost will be 4,000s
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    As your first action as overlord of a side you decide to reward your faithful units. Reaching in to the treasure you set the few schmuckers that you have left aside for unit promotions. "Arise Sir Bob I hereby promote you and your faithful steed to Knight and warmount!" You declare as you feel the treasury drop to zero and see Bob's stats jump up in front of your eyes.

    200s spent. Bob promoted to Knight. Billie promoted to warmount
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman's ascension to ruler filled him with new knowledge: Units can be mixed in city production, and unit production values roll over.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman looks at the top of his tower, and sees that the tip represents part of the tower for the city and is part of what is providing the caster bonus.

    He also notes that the obelisk that is being guarded by uncroaked however is not identical to this.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Exploring your new city you begin to head down a set of stone stairs that leads to what should be the dungeons and tunnels beneath the city as this is where you believe the portal should be located. As soon as you arrive at this level you notice it is incredibly bare and empty as if this section of the city had been given no thought what so ever during its construction.

    The portal room itself doesn't even have a door and you are able to enter the open doorway completely unhindered. In the centre of the bare stone room is a yellow rectangular shaped portal standing on a smooth stone baseplate. Something seems off about the portal however it is incredibly faint and occasionally flickers as though it can barely get the juice to sustain itself.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Thinking on how to use the mushroom, Erfman ponders that to make a syringe it will take 2 actions to grind up the shroom in to powder and dissolve it in water. This can be performed by a mundane unit but careful they don't inhale...

    A syringe would take a unit of metal to make and would cost 1 action and 25 juice. This would need to be done by Erfman.

    On thinking of building a exploding gas granade..
    It would take 2 actions for a mundane unit to grind up the shroom.

    You could make a pressure can that will burst on impact out of 1 unit of metal. It will cost Erfman 2 actions and 50 juice.

    Thinking on the new golem design
    You could make it a Garrison unit and it would be confined to protecting the city, and have higher stats
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    *Erfman ponders given the limit of his abilities what would probably be more survivable, Heavy or not Heavy in terms of total Hits and Defense*
    A heavy unit would certainly have more hits than a light unit. Defence could be made to be fairly high on either a light or heavy unit. A heavy would be more likely to survive an encounter.

    The downside of being a heavy? You can not enter the tunnel zones of the city. You cannot ride a mount.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman looks at Bob, his knight and friend, and Bowie, the almost allied chief. "The golem I'm envisioning... It should be able to rend apart stacks the warlord isn't in. With Bob, Billie, and Woodie, we should be able to muster a stack that can beat back the seige heavy without any loses, Titans willing. Bowie, do you think you and your gobwins could pull their warlord under ground and croak him quickly. Negating his tactical level orders and his leadership bonus as soon as we can might be key to this battle." you question.

    "10 Gobwins with tunnel fighting against 1 warlord?" Bowie questions. "If we're able to surprise him AND we are lucky we might be able to croak him in a single round" The Gobwin chief replies with a serious look.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    CyperWizWurmD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2019

    Default Re: Erfman the Barbarian

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Hmm, how many Hits do Warlords usually have? (Bob, Chief?) Do you know?" you question.


    "Stat wise warlords are usually similar to a knight just with leadership and command and the odd extra special..." Bob replies.

    Erfman nods appraising. "Wonderful. We can guard the hole to keep him from bringing in infantry to stack with him..." He continues to think over the tactics. "I know Heavies can't normally enter tunnels. Would a repeat performance be possible on their siege unit?" you question digging for information.

    "Hmmmm a heavy would be a lot more difficult... I'm not even sure we would be able to get it down to the tunnels... would be hard to make a big enough hole in time aswell unless we had something set up in advance..." the chief replies.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Chief! But we CAN set something up in advance , What if we make the gate easier to reach (by filling in the trench in front of it)? Then we'd KNOW that that Siege would probably gonna come try to knock it down, and we can pre-dig a hole in front of it" you excitedly declare.

    "Hmmm that just might work... ofcourse we would need to hide the hole somehow else the enemy would just go around it..." Bowie replies with a thoughtful look.


    "Bob... you now have the Knight and Lancer specials. What is it that they do?" You then question as you turn to Bob.

    "The Knight special is what improves my stats sir so I guess you can see what it does..." Bob replies. "The Lancer special well if I successfully perform a mounted charge with a lance or a spear any hits that I deal are doubled. Ofcourse I can only use it when I first engage a stack." Bob explains with a big grin on his face.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Having re-established Fanon and promoted your units you decide to end turn so that the Gobwins can better help you with preparing your defences for the coming battle.

    End of Turn



    Gobwins Turn



    The Gobwins sigh in relief as their wounds all magically heal and they are once again on full hits. Selecting three Gobwins at random you request that they follow you and you head to your shiny new workshop with The Luggage in tow. Once gathered in the workshop you begin to explain to the Gobwins your designs for a new golem and how you need them to help. The Luggage regurgitates up four pieces of metal ore which the Gobwins scoop up and take over to the workshops small forge and begin to heat and work the metal with the tools in the workshop. You work together like a well oiled machine and after many hours work you finally have the shell of your new golem constructed. At this point you silently summon Woody and Jessie who begin the hard task of carrying the new rather heavy droid up to the tower. Once in the Tower you begin to cast drawing on all your knowledge and skill as an adept Dollamancer as you grant the unit motion.

    Erfman 6 actions and 180 juice used. Gobwins 24 actions used. 4 metal ore and 4 stabber swords used.
    Heavy Dervish Golem obtained





    Heavy Dervish Golem
    Hits: 30 Combat: 43 Defence: 6 Move: 0
    Juice Charge: 200/300
    Upkeep: 100 juice
    Special: Garrison, Heavy, Dervish Dance


    Dervish dance - The unit may activate a dervish dance that lasts for a single round. During a dervish dance the units defence is increased by +1 and its attack becomes an area of effect dealing damage to all units within range. The unit cannot be in a stack when dervish dance is activated or risk injuring its own units. The following round after a dervish dance is activated the unit is temporarily immobilized and its defence is reduced by -2
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Pondering if it would be safe to walk out of the city during the battle Erfman walks to the gates, mentally orders Portcullis to go up, and drawbridge to come down
    *Erfman steps at the brim of the gates, standing underneath the portculis*
    *Erfman steps back and orders drawbridge to come up as fast as possible, and portculis down!*

    Both the drawbridge and portcullis respond to your silent command. Lowering the portcullis or drawbridge is a fairly quick however raising them again is somewhat slower.


    "Huh, Bob (Chief?) how does stacking work? How far away can we be, and still be stacked receiving stacking bonus and leadership bonus?" You question.

    "We have to remain fairly close sir, no more than a few paces from the next unit in the stack and we all have to engage the same enemy stack unless ranged weapons are being used..." Bob replies.


    "Let's test, here, Bob stack with me, now let's walk in separate direction and see when we lose our stacking bonuses" you then suggest. You stack up with Bob and feel the addition of your stack bonus and then you begin to walk away as Bob does likewise. You make about three strides then just as you are about to take your fourth you feel your stack bonus fade away.

    Actions remaining

    Erfman 1 action 45 juice
    Gobwins 56 actions

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Pondering if once the drawbridge was down an enemy could keep it down
    "Hey Woody, you're our Heavy, hop onto the drawbridge. Now a full stack and me, let's join him. Now let's see if this drawbridge can rise with our weight."

    The drawbridge shudders rises a few centimeters and then stops. You can hear the sound of chains and wood groaning under the weight.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    The main locations being the following.

    Outside the city.
    On the walls.
    Inside the courtyard. (ie where the little building are)
    In the Garrison (this is essentially the lower part of the tower).
    In/on the tower. (this is essentially the upper part of the tower).
    In the dungeon (this is directly under the garrison)
    In the tunnels.

    If the Garrison is taken you lose the city. The Garrison may be taken in the following ways;

    Walls ->Courtyard-> Garrison
    Tunnels ->Dungeon->Garrison
    Airspace->Tower->Garrison

    Flying units may also choose to land in the courtyard bypassing the walls
    There are also trap doors that connect the tunnels to the courtyard.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz

    "Chief, you think it would be worth trying to improve some sections of the walls in some way?" you ask the Chief.

    "Were not dirtamancers so there's not much we can do without resources.... what did you have in mind?" Bowie asks in return.

    "How many actions to attempt to prepare a fall-in trap that is triggered by Heavies? Is this something that you are able to do?" you then ask.

    "Digging a pit is not a problem, a single Gobwin could probably dig one big enough in a single turn (8 actions), now if you want to hide that its a pit were going to need some wood to cover over the hole which we could then disguise with dirt. We could put a support beam in strong enough to support light units that would snap if a heavy stands on it. Guess we'd need two to three units of wood for that and it would take another Gobwin his turn (8 actions)." The Chief replies after thinking through the possibilities.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Chief, how have you been detecting where an enemy is to suck them down?
    Will you be able to distinguish the Warlord from the other Uncroaked? Do you need him to speak to be able to distinguish him?"
    you question.

    "We usually use the vibrations that a unit makes as they use move to home in on them. It may be difficult to tell the difference between one light unit from another and another doubly so if they are stacked up together..." Bowie replies with a slight frown.

    ---------------------------------------

    So I wondered when someone would ask about the mechanics of combat and how damage is calculated. For anyone familiar with LTDaves erfworld empires games I am using the same combat mechanics used in those games.

    The Core of the Combat System is the Defence value. This number represents the average chance of a unit getting hit. That chance is equal to: 1 / (Defence x 2).
    So a unit with a defence of 1.0 will take on average 50% hits. A unit with defence 2.0 has that number drop to 25%, and defence 3.0 to 16.66%. A stack with defence of 6.0 (the highest natural number) will only take an average of about 8% hits.

    This means that the most damage a unit can deal in a round is equal to its combat value (plus any modifiers such as stack bonus, leadership bonus, equipment bonus etc) though it is very unlikely for them to be actually roll full damage.

    So how does that convert to dice rolls?

    The number of dice that I roll is equal to the units combat score, the type of dice that I roll is equal to the defending units defence x2 so if two scouts were fighting. (Hits:2 Combat:2 Defence:2) I would roll 2d4 (2 being the combat value of the attacker and 4 being the defence value of the defender x2). Any dice that rolls a 1 is a hit. (example below)

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Also, how many attacks can a unit do in a round, or even how many targets can a unit target in a round?" You question as you think further on the mechanics of combat.

    "A stack is limited to attacking only one other stack per round unless they have ranged but a stack or even an individual unit can choose to divide their attacks against as many individual units within that stack as they wish though it's usually wiser to just focus on one unit and bring them down as quickly as possible..." Bob replies.

    "Julliane, Woody, Jessie, Luggage, let's do some mock combat shall we? Julliane, aim to hit with the flat of your blades, so no damage is inflicted. Woody, Jessie, Luggage, come at her from 3 different angles, but hold your attacks, just defend yourselves. Julliane, now try attacking the 3 of them in sequence, as fast as you can, without activating your Dervish Dance." you instruct.

    Your three older Golems step forwards and form a small ring around your new Golem each taking a defensive stance though it is hard to tell with the luggage as it just resembles a chest. Juliane then raises all four of her blades as she begins a flurry of strikes attacking all three of the Golems at once. The Luggage is tapped five times by a blade while Woody and Jessie are only tapped once. The Golems then come to a stop and wait for further instruction.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Seeing that they were going to be defending the tunnel zone of the city Chief Bowie set about organising his Gobwins to sure up the defences underground sealing up all the tunnel entrances with dirt walls bar one.

    Gobwins 20 actions used

    The gobwins then move on to filling in the moat directly in front of the city gate and extending the tunnels so that they pass directly underground at that point making it easier to later dig up under that point.

    Gobwins 8 actions used

    The remainder of the Gobwins then head off to forage, two Gobwins head south west while one Gobwin heads south east. The one Gobwin in the south east hex collects the last two remaining fruit before heading back to the Fanon Hex. Of the two that headed south west one plucks three seeds from a bush before carefully extracting seeds from two of them and handing them to his companion. The other Gobwin then carefully plants the seeds before they both head back to Fanon.

    Gobwins 22 actions used. Gobwins 3 fruit and 2 deseeded fruit gained. 2 seeds planted


    The Gobwins have 6 actions remaining, and are about to end turn.

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Chief, I now have a ruler sense that can pinpoint the location of all my units, and can send mental orders to them even when out-of-sight.
    Do you also have such a sense for your gobwins? And can you send orders as well?
    If you do, do you think it would be better for you to stay on top of the Walls with me at first, so you can correct the gobwin's position underground to improve the chances of sucking-in the Warlord on the first try?"
    You question.

    The Chief nods as you speak. "I can roughly sense where the Gobwins are and issue them orders without speaking. While I could possibly direct them from up here we would likely make a much more powerful stack if I was with them..." the chief replies.


    Erfman then notes that the bushes were depopped as the city rose from the ground..
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Odd questions: Can we pop garrison units for lower production or upkeep?

    How many actions do garrison units (like Julienne) have per turn?
    Hmmm I suppose you should be able to... I will let you pop a Garrison for a 5 less than a normal unit. i.e if it costs 20 to pop a standard Stabber it will cost 15 to pop a Garrison Stabber.

    In theory as a Garrison unit has 0 move it has 0 actions but I will be generous and say a Garrison unit has 2 actions that can only be used on non movement related tasks.



    The Gobwins end turn!
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    The Darkside's Turn!

    With the beginning of the Dark One's turn the tension begins to rise as you expect to be attacked at any moment. You organise your forces sending all the Gobwins to the underground tunnels, hiding The Luggage in the Garrison, stationing Bob, Billie and Betsy in the courtyard while you, Woody, Jessie and Julianne take to the walls.

    You do not have to wait long until you sense enemy units entering the airspace. Looking up you at first see nothing but your motion goggles eventually help you to pick out four little black specks in the sky. Wavens seem to be entering the hex from multiple directions, one from the north, one from the east, one from the south and one from the west. The Wavens spread out staying seperate from each other sticking to single stacks as they just hover over the hex.



    Orders?




    Airspace

    Darkside stack 1

    Waven 1

    Darkside stack 2

    Waven 2

    Darkside stack 3

    Waven 3

    Darkside stack 4

    Waven 4

    Garrison

    Stack 1

    The Luggage 10/10

    Courtyard

    Stack 2

    Bob 11/15
    Billie 16/23
    Betsy 3/7

    Walls

    Stack 3

    Erfman 6/6 45 juice
    Woody 16/22
    Jessie 6/10
    Julianne 30/30

    Tunnels

    Gobwin stack 1

    Chief Bowie 15/15
    Gobwin 1 5/5
    Gobwin 2 5/5
    Gobwin 3 5/5
    Gobwin 4 5/5
    Gobwin 5 5/5
    Gobwin 6 5/5
    Gobwin 7 5/5

    Gobwin stack 2

    Gobwin 8 5/5
    Gobwin 9 5/5
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 1

    At your command Julianne unleashes the axe and sends it flying up in to the air where it homes in on one of the single Waven stacks where it dusts the tiny flying unit with the greatest of ease before it drops back down and heads back towards Julianne.

    While this is happening ground units begin to cross the hex boundary. The easiest to be seen is a large lumbering heavy unit carrying a massive club however flanking this unit on both sides are a number of uncroaked carrying large planks of wood. As the heavy lumbers forwards a second stack follows closely behind. This stack is a stack of uncroaked archers clad in black.



    Airspace

    Darkside stack 2

    Waven 2

    Darkside stack 3

    Waven 3

    Darkside stack 4

    Waven 4

    Garrison

    Stack 1

    The Luggage 10/10

    Courtyard

    Stack 2

    Bob 11/15
    Billie 16/23
    Betsy 3/7

    Walls

    Stack 3

    Erfman 6/6 45 juice
    Woody 16/22
    Jessie 6/10
    Julianne 30/30

    Outside walls

    Darkside stack 5

    Uncroaked Ogwe
    Uncroaked piker 1
    Uncroaked piker 2
    Uncroaked piker 3
    Uncroaked piker 4
    Uncroaked piker 5
    Uncroaked piker 6
    Uncroaked piker 7
    Uncroaked piker 8

    Darkside stack 6

    Uncroaked archer 1
    Uncroaked archer 2
    Uncroaked archer 3
    Uncroaked archer 4
    Uncroaked archer 5
    Uncroaked archer 6
    Uncroaked archer 7
    Uncroaked archer 8


    Tunnels

    Gobwin stack 1

    Chief Bowie 15/15
    Gobwin 1 5/5
    Gobwin 2 5/5
    Gobwin 3 5/5
    Gobwin 4 5/5
    Gobwin 5 5/5
    Gobwin 6 5/5
    Gobwin 7 5/5

    Gobwin stack 2

    Gobwin 8 5/5
    Gobwin 9 5/5
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 2

    "Bob! They are coming for the north Wall! Run to the tunnel mouth and yell for a gobwin to come up, and then come right back (don't worry if they don't listen)" You cry as you are being attacked from a direction you had not planned for. Bob gallops off and then let's out a yelp of surprise as you and Jessie seemingly seem to start throwing stones at him. Thinking you don't think he's going fast enough Bob (feels rather downcast and) tries his best to speed up.

    Woody meanwhile is having much better luck and the piece of stone that he managed to wiggle free from the wall actually hits a Waven and it goes up in a cloud of dust.

    "Woody, Jessie, move down now, and hold the line when the Wall is breached" you then order and the two Golems obediently begin their climb back down to the ground. You meanwhile follow after Julianne as she skirts around the top of the wall in order to get close enough to throw the axe at the invaders. Once close enough she hurls the axe at the Ogwe and despite one of the uncroaked pikers attempting to block the attack the axe slams in to the top of the Ogwe's head dealing 8 hits. The Ogwe however barely seems to notice and continues to lumber forwards as the axe wiggles it's way free and flys back to Julianne's hand.

    The uncroaked archers meanwhile halt in their approach, pull their bowstrings back and release a volley of arrows. While the majority of the arrows merely bounce of the city walls a number find their mark striking the screening Juliane chipping away 9 hits.

    The uncroaked pikers meanwhile throw down the large wooden planks that they had been carrying bridging the trench infront of the city walls. The Ogew then lumbers over the improvised bridge and with an almighty swing slams it's club into the city walls causing the entire walls to shake and debris to be thrown up from the point that the wall was struck. While cracks begin to snake their way out from the impact point the wall still holds strong.

    Back in the city a Gobwin by now has answered Bob's call and dashes over joining the units in the courtyard.

    There is suddenly a loud boom as the ground shakes and a cloud of dirt rises up from the trapdoor leading to the tunnels.

    Back underground the Gobwins ready themselves as approaching forms can be made out approaching through the dust cloud.




    Airspace

    Darkside stack 3

    Waven 3

    Darkside stack 4

    Waven 4

    Garrison

    Stack 1

    The Luggage 10/10

    Courtyard

    Stack 2

    Bob 11/15
    Billie 16/23
    Betsy 3/7
    Woody 16/22
    Jessie 6/10
    Gobwin 9 5/5

    Walls

    Stack 3

    Erfman 6/6 45 juice
    Julianne 21/30

    Outside walls

    Darkside stack 5

    Uncroaked Ogwe 8 hits taken
    Uncroaked piker 1
    Uncroaked piker 2
    Uncroaked piker 3
    Uncroaked piker 4
    Uncroaked piker 5
    Uncroaked piker 6
    Uncroaked piker 7
    Uncroaked piker 8

    Darkside stack 6

    Uncroaked archer 1
    Uncroaked archer 2
    Uncroaked archer 3
    Uncroaked archer 4
    Uncroaked archer 5
    Uncroaked archer 6
    Uncroaked archer 7
    Uncroaked archer 8


    Tunnels

    Gobwin stack 1

    Chief Bowie 15/15
    Gobwin 1 5/5
    Gobwin 2 5/5
    Gobwin 3 5/5
    Gobwin 4 5/5
    Gobwin 5 5/5
    Gobwin 6 5/5
    Gobwin 7 5/5

    Gobwin stack 2

    Gobwin 8 5/5

    Darkside stack 7

    Warlord
    Mummy 1
    Mummy 2
    Uncroaked Stabber 1
    Uncroaked Stabber 2
    Uncroaked Stabber 3
    Uncroaked Stabber 4
    Uncroaked Stabber 5

    Darkside stack 8

    Uncroaked Stabber 6
    Uncroaked Stabber 7
    Uncroaked Stabber 8
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    wai.. wa wat? They just BLAST BAM, and are in the tunnel-zone?
    The enemy in the tunnels are currently at the entrance to the tunnels having blown down a mud wall that the Gobwins constructed.

    I think there was some dirtamancy...

    Are mummies uncroaked that can cast!?
    The explosion that you heard actually makes Erfman more think Shockamancy than dirtamancy.

    Wiz, can we get the impact of being on the walls defense-wise and attack-wise for the units? The same for being in the courtyard, specifically near the wall where the ogre attacks, but to the sides.
    Also, how long does the wall have in rounds? Given this tempo?
    If your on the walls and doing nothing but trying to hide behind cover then you are pretty much safe. If your trying to attack then you are at +2 defence.

    If your in the courtyard but pressed firmly against the walls you are pretty much safe from archer fire. If your standing in the open again you are at +2 defence.

    You reckon the walls will survive atleast another couple of good hits.

    Wiz, can the Gobwins create a cave-in in the tunnels? That could block the underground assault force. They'd have to retreat the hex to get back into the fight or dig themselves out which would probably cost a few combat rounds.
    They may indeed attempt to do so

    Wiz, when Bob Double Damage attacks, Billie will also get her attack in?
    Billie would still get to make her normal attack.

    .. if mechanics allow (Wiz?) then sure
    but I don't see how Woody can go help Bob, isn't Billie faster than Woody?
    I will allow the mounts on account of their speed to reach the archers in a single round. Woody and Jessie would take 2.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 3

    You duck behind the cover provided by the wall as you start giving out orders both silent and vocal. In response to your silent command the portcullus rises up and the drawbridge drops down. "Bob Billie! Waste those archers! Betsy help them. Avoid the pikers! Woody help him, screen for him and engage archers" you call out "Julliane, hit the Ogwe in the head again" you quickly add.

    Julliane once again hurls the axe forwards in response to your orders and the axe once again slams in to the Ogwe's head with a sickening thwack as the Ogwe loses another 8 hits. Before Julliane can duck back down to safety however the archers release another volley of arrows and Julliane has another 7 hits picked off.

    Bob meanwhile has charged out of the gates mounted on Billie and accompanied by Betsy and circled round the city walls. The three stack then lead a brave charge as they slam straight in to the archer stack dusting three of the uncroaked archers before they were finally brought to a stop. Woody and Jessie who were following behind in a two stack make it half way round the city limits.

    The Ogew with two large chunks cut out of it's head continues it's assault upon the walls and brings it's massive club down upon the wall once again making the wall shudder as the cracks spread further and a large crater is formed upon the top of the wall. The Piker's meanwhile upon seeing units approaching raise up their spears and take a defensive stance.


    Back underground upon seeing the force that they are faced with Bowie decides to make a tactical retreat. Selecting two brave Gobwins he sends them to break stack and engage the approaching warlord while the rest of them retreat.The two Gobwins charge forwards with battle cry and swing their axes at the warlord but before thier blows can land they are intercepted by an uncroaked and they end up croaking the stabber instead. The Warlord and the Mummys then descend upon the two brave Gobwins cutting them to shreds.

    The two Gobwins sacrifice however gave Bowie and the rest of the Gobwin time to back away and hack at the side of the tunnel bringing it down in a shower of mud and dirt blocking the tunnel.

    Seeing the amount of damage that your Golem has taken you begin to channel and focus your juice towards Julianne as you work out all the chips and dents from her frame repairing 9 hits. (25 juice used)


    Airspace

    Darkside stack 3

    Waven 3

    Darkside stack 4

    Waven 4

    Garrison

    Stack 1

    The Luggage 10/10

    Courtyard

    Gobwin Stack 2

    Gobwin 9 5/5

    Walls

    Stack 3

    Erfman 6/6 20 juice
    Julianne 23/30

    Outside walls

    Stack 2

    Bob 11/15
    Billie 16/23
    Betsy 3/7

    Stack 4

    Woody 16/22
    Jessie 6/10

    Darkside stack 5

    Uncroaked Ogwe 16 hits taken
    Uncroaked piker 1
    Uncroaked piker 2
    Uncroaked piker 3
    Uncroaked piker 4
    Uncroaked piker 5
    Uncroaked piker 6
    Uncroaked piker 7
    Uncroaked piker 8

    Darkside stack 6

    Uncroaked archer 1
    Uncroaked archer 2
    Uncroaked archer 3
    Uncroaked archer 4
    Uncroaked archer 5 1 hit taken


    Tunnels

    Gobwin stack 1

    Chief Bowie 15/15
    Gobwin 1 5/5
    Gobwin 2 5/5
    Gobwin 3 5/5
    Gobwin 4 5/5
    Gobwin 5 5/5
    Gobwin 6 5/5

    Darkside stack 7

    Warlord
    Mummy 1
    Mummy 2
    Uncroaked Stabber 1
    Uncroaked Stabber 2
    Uncroaked Stabber 3
    Uncroaked Stabber 4

    Darkside stack 8

    Uncroaked Stabber 6
    Uncroaked Stabber 7
    Uncroaked Stabber 8
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 4

    The enemy archer stack is in complete disarray having been charged by your 'cavalry', they turn their attention away from the walls and begin to fire on their attackers. While the shots are hasty and wild some arrows find their mark. Bob ends up with an arrow in his thigh and loses 2 hits while one strafes down Billie's flank inflicting a single hit. Betsy meanwhile is a lot less fortunate and she is struck right between the eyes and is dropped down croaked.

    His momentum lost Bob fights on regardless and the nearest archer finds Bob's spear piercing its skull and it is quickly dusted. Billie then rams in to the next closest archer dealing 2 hits which Bob follows up with a glancing blow that deals a further hit.

    With Bob wrecking the archer stack and reinforcements on their way the pikers break stack. A 4 stack heads towards Bob while the other 4 stack heads off to intercept the approaching Golems.

    Bob soon finds four spears coming at him from behind and he has barely enough time to dodge and he takes a glancing blow losing 1 hit. Billie at the same time is struck and loses 3 hits of her own.

    The half stack of pikers that intercepted the Golem's meanwhile lash out landing blows on both Woody and Jessie dealing 2 and 1 respectively. The two Golems fight back though they are unable to land a single hit.

    The Ogwe now left on its own hefts it's massive club once again slamming it in to the wall for the third time. The wall shudders as large chunks of stone begin to fall free and the wall itself now seems completely covered in cracks. One more strike would likely be enough to cause this section of the wall to collapse.

    With the wall still standing, and after toying with the idea of asking Julienne to jump, Juliane holds her ground and hurls the axe at the Ogwe. The axe slams in to the heavy's shoulder briefly causing it to stumble back as it is dealt a further 8 hits.

    "Gobwin join your chief!" you call as you pickup on of the many pieces of rubble from the wall. Hurling it towards one of the Waven's you do not even come close. The bird gives you a look before swooping down and flying in to the tower while the second Waven remains high in the sky flying over the hex.

    The Gobwin meanwhile dashed back to the trapdoor and bolts back under ground rejoining the Gobwin stack. The sound of grunting and digging can be heard as the enemy stack attempts to force their way through the collapsed tunnel. In preparation for a fight Bowie meanwhile splits his stacks and set the Gobwins to work digging in to the side of the tunnel to set up ambush points so that once the uncroaked get through they will find themselves flanked by Gobwins.




    Airspace

    Darkside stack 3

    Waven

    Tower

    Darkside stack 4

    Waven 4

    Garrison

    Stack 1 - hiding

    The Luggage 10/10

    Courtyard

    -

    Walls - badly damaged

    Stack 3

    Erfman 6/6 20 juice
    Julianne 23/30

    Outside walls

    Stack 2 - Engaging DS 1+6

    Bob 8/15
    Billie 12/23

    Stack 4 - Engaging DS 2

    Woody 14/22
    Jessie 5/10

    Darkside stack 5 - attacking walls

    Uncroaked Ogwe 24 hits taken

    Darkside stack 1 - engaging stack 2

    Uncroaked piker 1
    Uncroaked piker 2
    Uncroaked piker 3
    Uncroaked piker 4

    Darkside stack 2 - engaging stack 4

    Uncroaked piker 5
    Uncroaked piker 6
    Uncroaked piker 7
    Uncroaked piker 8

    Darkside stack 6 - engaging stack 2

    Uncroaked archer 1
    Uncroaked archer 2
    Uncroaked archer 3
    Uncroaked archer 5 4 hits taken


    Tunnels

    Gobwin stack 1 - Digging in and setting up ambush points.

    Chief Bowie 15/15
    Gobwin 1 5/5
    Gobwin 2 5/5
    Gobwin 3 5/5
    Gobwin 4 5/5
    Gobwin 5 5/5

    Gobwin stack 2 - Digging in and setting up ambush points.

    Gobwin 6 5/5
    Gobwin 9 5/5

    Darkside stack 7 - digging for freedom

    Warlord
    Mummy 1
    Mummy 2
    Uncroaked Stabber 1
    Uncroaked Stabber 2
    Uncroaked Stabber 3
    Uncroaked Stabber 4
    Uncroaked Stabber 6

    Darkside stack 8 - digging for freedom

    Uncroaked Stabber 7
    Uncroaked Stabber 8
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 5

    With an almost desperate need to bring the Ogwe down quickly Julianne once again hurls the axe fourth this time burying it in the massive units shoulder dealing 8 hits yet again but still the bulky unit does not drop. Feeling slightly desperate you silently order Bob to disengage from his current fight and charge the Ogwe down. As Bob gallops off the archers open fire once again and Bob and Billie find themselves pelted from behind losing another 2 and 4 hits respectively. Bob does not let the pain distract him and he lets out a cry of "For Fanon!" as he charges. Billie's head then slams in to the back of the Ogwe's leg dealing a respectable 4 hits while at the same time Bob's trusty spear pierces the Ogew's chest. The heavy wobbles for a second before toppling to one side and falling in to the trench with an almighty crash as he is dusted.

    The pikers that Bob disengaged from meanwhile stack up with the archers and take a defencive stance infront of them. The other half stack meanwhile attempt to block Woody's and Jessie's path. The pair of Golems however force their way through dealing 3 hits to an uncroaked in the process though Woody also loses a hit in return. The two Golem's then stack up with Bob and his mount.

    Back underground meanwhile the enemy warlords stack had just managed to scramble and force their way through the blocked tunnel though as they emerge they suddenly find themselves pressed between two stack of Gobwins. The Gobwins recklessly hurl themselves at the uncroaked aiming for the warlord though every strike is seemingly intercepted by an uncroaked minion. The Gobwins do succeed however in dusting 4 of the uncroaked and damaging a fifth. ( 2 hits dealt)

    Regaining control of his stack the enemy warlord restacks with his remaining forces and goes on the offensive. In a flurry of blades 3 Gobwins are swiftly croaked with a fourth left close to croaking. (4 hits dealt)




    Airspace

    Darkside stack 3

    Waven

    Tower

    Garrison

    Stack 1 - hiding

    The Luggage 10/10

    Darkside stack 4

    Waven 4

    Courtyard

    -

    Walls - badly damaged

    Stack 3

    Erfman 6/6 20 juice
    Julianne 23/30

    Outside walls

    Stack 2

    Bob 6/15
    Billie 8/23
    Woody 11/22
    Jessie 5/10


    Darkside stack 1

    Uncroaked piker 1
    Uncroaked piker 2
    Uncroaked piker 3
    Uncroaked piker 4
    Uncroaked archer 1
    Uncroaked archer 2
    Uncroaked archer 3
    Uncroaked archer 5 - 4 hits taken

    Darkside stack 2

    Uncroaked piker 5
    Uncroaked piker 6
    Uncroaked piker 7
    Uncroaked piker 8 - 3 hits taken

    Tunnels

    Gobwin stack 1

    Chief Bowie 15/15
    Gobwin 1 5/5
    Gobwin 2 1/5

    Gobwin stack 2

    Gobwin 6 5/5
    Gobwin 9 5/5

    Darkside stack 7 - flanked

    Warlord
    Mummy 1
    Mummy 2
    Uncroaked Stabber 1 2 hits taken
    Uncroaked Stabber 7
    Uncroaked Stabber 8
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    With that tunnel collapse and blast digging, is there an opening in the court yard near where the conflict is going on?
    No the tunnel has only been partially collapsed it does not come all the way to the surface.

    Can we dispose of the corpses so they don't get uncroaked?
    Only if you want to spend actions physically destroying them.

    How far from the gate (in turns running for billie or erfman)is the nearest tunnel entrance?
    There are trapdoors in the courtyard that lead to the tunnels Erfman could enter them in a single round. It would take Billie a turn to get in to the courtyard and next turn Bob would be able to enter. (Not Billie though as she is a heavy)

    Alternatively there are tunnel entrances at the hex boundary Bob could get to one of these this round.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    New map for the tunnels

    Spoiler
    Show


    Red X is Warlords stack G is Gobwins, Squares in the tunnels lead to the trap doors in the courtyard. Circles in the Dungeon are staircases to the Garrison
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 6

    With the Ogwe now taken out of the equation you turn your attention to the next biggest threat and given that you have walls protecting you you decide that that is the archers who can fire over the walls so you order Julianne to focus on them next.From her perch upon the damaged walls Julianne hurls her axe straight towards the archers, unfortunately for your plans there is a row of screening pikers and the axe strikes one of them instead and it is a piker that you end up dusting not an archer. Finding themselves under attack the archers retaliate and fire a volley of arrows back towards Julianne. The damaged wall provides less protection than it once did and Julianne ends up losing 3 hits as an arrow bounces off her frame.

    You meanwhile pick up a stone and hurl it at the Waven hovering over the hex but once again you badly miss your target. You and Julianne then fall back and climb back down to the courtyard making your way over to the city gates.

    Bob and his stack meanwhile enact a fighting retreat and manage to dust two of the pursuing pikers as they retreat. A piker however lands a lucky blow against Woody and deals 3 hits. The four stack make it halfway back to the city gates though they are pursued by the remaining two Pikers.

    Back underground Bowie is performing his own fighting retreat as the two Gobwin stacks attempt to split off in separate directions. As they do they manage to dust two more of the uncroaked stabbers but once again the Warlord and his mummies launch a devastating counter attack croaking two more Gobwins. Bowie however is able to get away and reach one of the open stone archways that leads to the dungeons.


    Airspace

    Darkside stack 3

    Waven

    Tower

    Garrison

    Stack 1 - hiding

    The Luggage 10/10

    Darkside stack 4

    Waven 4

    Courtyard

    Stack 3

    Erfman 6/6 20 juice
    Julianne 20/30

    Walls - badly damaged

    -

    Outside walls

    Stack 2

    Bob 6/15
    Billie 8/23
    Woody 8/22
    Jessie 5/10


    Darkside stack 1

    Uncroaked piker 1
    Uncroaked piker 2
    Uncroaked piker 3
    Uncroaked archer 1
    Uncroaked archer 2
    Uncroaked archer 3
    Uncroaked archer 5 - 4 hits taken

    Darkside stack 2

    Uncroaked piker 5
    Uncroaked piker 6 1 hit taken


    Tunnels

    Gobwin stack 1

    Chief Bowie 15/15
    Gobwin 1 5/5
    Gobwin 2 1/5

    Darkside stack 7

    Warlord
    Mummy 1
    Mummy 2
    Uncroaked Stabber 1 - 4 hits taken


    Maps of where units are
    Spoiler
    Show

    Red cross = enemy stack
    B = Bob's stack
    E = Erfmans's stack

    Redcross = warlords stack
    G = Bowie's stack
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 7

    You give a silent order for everyone to gather in the dungeons before purposefully striding towards the Garrison with Julienne in tow . At your presence the doors swing open and you step inside. You find yourself in a large stone entranceway with a stone staircase heading up, two doors upon the north wall and a door to both your left and right that you know will lead you to stairs down to the dungeons. You also spot something else...one of the Wavens perched upon the bannister calmly watching you. As you approach the Waven gives you one last look before taking flight and flying out of reach.

    Choosing one of the side doors you quickly hurry down the stairs ending up in the dimly lit rough dungeons. "Chief! We're here! Stack up!" you cry and Bowie and a pair of Gobwins enter from the tunnels and join your stack.

    Back above ground the pair of Uncroaked Pikers pursuing Bob and his stack give up the chase and turn back to rejoin the other uncroaked.

    Putting on a bit of speed Bob breaks stack and races ahead charging through the gates of Fanon and straight in to the garrison. He then charges down the same set of stairs that you used, enters the dungeon and joins your stack.

    Woody and Jessie meanwhile plod along eventually making it back through the gates and as they do so the portcullis slams shut behind them.

    The Warlord in the tunnel meanwhile pulls back and begins heading down the tunnel back the way he came.


    Airspace

    Darkside stack 3

    Waven

    Tower

    -

    Garrison

    Stack 1 - hiding

    The Luggage 10/10

    Darkside stack 4

    Waven 4

    Courtyard

    Stack 2

    Woody 8/22
    Jessie 5/10

    Walls - badly damaged

    -

    Outside walls

    Darkside stack 1

    Uncroaked piker 1
    Uncroaked piker 2
    Uncroaked piker 3
    Uncroaked archer 1
    Uncroaked archer 2
    Uncroaked archer 3
    Uncroaked archer 5 - 4 hits taken

    Darkside stack 2

    Uncroaked piker 5
    Uncroaked piker 6 1 hit taken

    Dungeons

    Stack 3

    Erfman 6/6 20 juice
    Julienne 20/30
    Bob 6/15
    Billie 8/23
    Chief Bowie 15/15
    Gobwin 1 5/5
    Gobwin 2 1/5

    Tunnels

    Darkside stack 7

    Warlord
    Mummy 1
    Mummy 2
    Uncroaked Stabber 1 - 4 hits taken
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Chief Bowie, you've seen those new bandaged uncroaked fight, what can they do?" Erfman asked, as the group ascends the stairs.

    "They're a lot stronger than your average uncroaked but they've not really done anything special..." Bowie replies.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    [quote="wiz"]
    Round 8

    With the enemy warlord seemingly heading out of the tunnel you decide to head outside and head him off. Your group marches back up the stairs and as soon as you reach the Garrison you once again spot a Waven watching you from a dark corner of the room. With some annoyance you mentally command Julienne to deal with it and the many limbed Golem quickly hurls the axe which flies straight at the Waven instantly dusting it. Your group then heads back outside to the courtyard where they meet up with Woody and Jessie. As one big stack you then march out of the city and begin to head towards the enemy. As you do the last remaining Waven flies over head and seems to keep a careful eye on you.

    The uncroaked meanwhile seem to be reorganising themselves as if they are preparing for something.

    Airspace

    Darkside stack 3

    Waven

    Tower

    -

    Garrison

    Stack 1 - hiding

    The Luggage 10/10

    Courtyard

    -

    Walls - badly damaged

    -

    Outside walls

    Stack 3 - halfway to enemy

    Erfman 6/6 20 juice
    Julienne 20/30
    Bob 6/15
    Billie 8/23
    Chief Bowie 15/15
    Gobwin 1 5/5
    Gobwin 2 1/5
    Woody 8/22 - screening
    Jessie 5/10 - screening

    Darkside stack 1

    Uncroaked piker 1
    Uncroaked piker 2
    Uncroaked piker 3
    Uncroaked piker 5
    Uncroaked archer 1
    Uncroaked archer 2
    Uncroaked archer 3
    Uncroaked archer 5 - 4 hits taken

    Darkside stack 2

    Uncroaked piker 6 1 hit taken

    Dungeons

    -

    Tunnels

    Darkside stack 7

    Warlord
    Mummy 1
    Mummy 2
    Uncroaked Stabber 1 - 4 hits taken

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    CyperWizWurmD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2019

    Default Re: Erfman the Barbarian

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Compilation of Game Thread)

    Round 9

    As your large stack moves forward Woody takes the axe off of Julienne so that she can draw her four blades. At your signal Woody then hurls the axe skywards dusting the final Waven before the axe returns to his hand. Woody then moves to the front of the group along with Jessie so that they can screen as they approach the enemy stack.

    As soon as you round the corner and the uncroaked are in sight they release a volley of arrows straight towards you. You recoil in surprise instinctively closing your eyes but when you open them you realise that you were not their target as Woody is now full of arrows. (8 hits lost) the Golem seems to freeze before suddenly falling flat to the ground and staying perfectly still.

    You begin to wonder if confronting the enemy outside the safety of the walls was such a good idea but Julienne rushes forwards in accordance with your orders and you are now committed to the assault. As Julliene charges a sudden urge to sing takes over you.

    Spoiler
    Show
    "Dd-er-rv-vi-is-sh
    Dervish-dance!

    Ah Julienne can dance if she want to, she will leave her friends behind
    Cause her friends don't dance and if they don't dance
    Well they're are not safe around her at this time
    I say, we can stay where we want to, A place where they will never bind
    And we can act like the Dark One lives in our loo
    Leave the real one far behind,
    And we can dance

    Ah Julienne can dance if she want to, she will leave her friends behind
    Cause her friends don't dance and if they don't dance
    Well they're are not safe around her at this time
    I say, we can stay where we want to, A place where they will never bind
    And we can act like the Dark One lives in our loo
    Leave the real one far behind,
    And we can dance

    Julienne!

    Ah we can stay when we want to the knight is young and so am I
    And we can dress real neat from our hats to our feet
    And surprise 'em with the victory cry

    I Say we can act if want to if we don't nobody will
    And you can act real rude and totally removed
    And I can act like a better King
    I say she can dance, she can dance everything out control
    She can dance, She can dance She is doing it wall to wall
    She can dance, She can dance and remove your hands
    She can dance, She can dance everybody takin' the chance
    Dervish dance
    Oh well the Dervish dance
    Ah yes the Dervish dance

    Dd-er-rv-vi-is-sh
    Dervish-dance!

    She can dance if sge want to, we've got all your life and mine
    As long as we abuse it, never gonna lose it
    Everything'll work out right
    I say, she can dance if she want to she will leave her friends behind
    Cause her friends don't dance and if they don't dance
    Well they're are not safe around her at this time

    I say she can dance, she can dance everything out control
    She can dance, she can dance she is doing it wall to wall
    She can dance, She can dance and remove your hands
    She can dance, She can dance everybody takin' the chance

    Oh Well the dervish dance
    Ah yes the dervish dance
    Oh well the dervish dance
    Oh well the dervish dance
    Oh yes the dervish dance
    Oh the dervish dance yeah
    Oh it's the dervish dance

    It's the dervish dance
    Well it's the dervish dance
    Oh it's the dervish dance
    Oh it's the dervish dance
    Oh it's the dervish dance
    Oh it's the dervish dance"


    While the song is rough and a bit flat in places due to your inexperience you suddenly begin to feel your words drawing power and your juice begins to dwindle. Julienne meanwhile seems to speed up as she closes the gap with the enemy. The pikers however were ready for her and as soon as she is in range they thrust their spears forwards moving as one. With her four blades Julienne was able to redirect the spears but still took 5 hits as their points scraped her frame. Julienne then seemed to speed up as she threw the spears off and ducking under the pikers defenses she rapidly began to slash at the enemy as she spun around and began moving in time with your words. With a spin and a slash an uncroaked's arm was removed from it's body and then another and then a head. Not a single piker escaped the storm of blades and 3 were left as nothing but dust while the fourth was left with a large slash across its torso (2 hits taken). With the piker's defensive line well and truly broken Julienne then ploughed in to the archers. They didn't stand a chance and in moments they were reduced to nothing by the rhythmic blur of blades.

    You meanwhile were beginning to feel drained as the rhymomancy tried to draw more juice from you then you had available. (20 juice used) You are confident that if you had more juice your improvised rhymomancy would have had more of an effect.

    Once Julliene came to a stop there was only one piker left in the stack that she had engaged and a second who had stood a short distance away separate from the rest. Seeing this Bob broke stack and charged down the second piker. The Piker seemed to be expecting this and raised his spear dealing Bob 1 hit though the combined efforts of Bob and Billie dusted him in return.

    Your stack then moves in on the lone survivor of Julienne's assault and between Jessie, Bowie and the Gobwins the uncroaked is quickly dusted.


    Airspace

    -

    Tower

    -

    Garrison

    Stack 1 - hiding

    The Luggage 10/10

    Darkside stack 7 - searching

    Warlord
    Mummy 1
    Mummy 2
    Uncroaked Stabber 1 - 4 hits taken

    Courtyard

    -

    Walls - badly damaged

    -

    Outside walls

    Stack 2

    Julienne 15/30 - immobile, defence -2

    Stack 3

    Erfman 6/6 0 juice
    Chief Bowie 15/15
    Gobwin 1 5/5
    Gobwin 2 1/5
    Jessie 5/10 - screening

    Stack 4

    Bob 5/15
    Billie 8/23

    Stack 5

    Woody 0/22 - disabled

    Dungeons

    -

    Tunnels

    -[/quote]

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Hmm, how long would it take Stack 3 to rush from here, through tunnels, into the Garrison?
    (checks map) If you were to sprint straight through the tunnels you could actually reach the Garrison in one turn... Billie however can not go through the tunnel.

    Wiz, what's Erfman estimate of getting to the garrison if the north wall had a hole?
    If the wall had a hole in it you could get to the Garrison in one round.

    Also, from the top of the walls could we see the garrison and fire into it?
    From the top of the walls, you can see the garrison however the only openings would be arrow slits so quite hard to see or fire on a target.


    "Bowie, can you sense where there are tunnels?" you question.

    "I know where the tunnels are why?" Bowie replies.

    "Could you take the gobwins to dig into the tunnel system from here, and try to pull under one a unit in the warlord's stack next round?" you add.

    "I can dig in to the tunnels but the dungeons are directly under the Garrison so I can't dig in to the Garrison from the tunnel zone..." Bowie replies.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 10

    Heading in to the the tunnels you pass the remains of what was the dirt wall that has been completely blown to pieces and you notice a number of scorch marks all over the place. Sprinting through the tunnels you dash past a large number of dusted uncroaked and the croaked corpses of Gobwins having to take care not to trip over the bodies. Reaching the dungeons you dash straight through the open archway and head for the staircase that leads back in to the Garrison. Quickly hurrying up the stairs you eventually pass through a door and in to the large entrance way of the Garrison finding it completely empty... The double doors to the Garrison then flies open and Bob mounted on Billie trots in.

    Now all inside the Garrison you suddenly notice the sounds of something being smashed coming from upstairs...

    Garrison map
    Spoiler
    Show

    You are the green X
    From left to right; Ground Floor, 1st Floor, 2nd Floor
    circles are staircases between floors


    Airspace

    -

    Tower

    -

    Garrison

    Stack 1 - hiding

    The Luggage 10/10

    Stack 3

    Erfman 6/6 0 juice
    Chief Bowie 15/15
    Gobwin 1 5/5
    Gobwin 2 1/5
    Jessie 5/10 - screening
    Bob 5/15
    Billie 8/23

    Darkside stack 7 - searching

    Warlord
    Mummy 1
    Mummy 2
    Uncroaked Stabber 1 - 4 hits taken

    Courtyard

    -

    Walls - badly damaged

    -

    Outside walls

    Stack 2

    Julienne 15/30


    Stack 5

    Woody 0/22 - disabled

    Dungeons

    -

    Tunnels

    -
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 11 (part 1)

    "Warlord where are you?! I'm down here!" you yell while holding your position in the entrance hall of the Garrison. The sound of smashing from upstairs then abruptly comes to a stop and everything goes quiet.

    A few moments pass and then a single uncroaked shuffles in to view at the top of the stairs and looks down at your group. The uncroaked then stands there and begins to gnash it's teeth together making a series of clicking noises.

    "Why don't you come up and leave your friends down there and then we'll talk!" the Warlord shouts down from somewhere unseen.

    "Warlord! Have you come to croak me or capture me?" You call back up.

    "Capture if possible or croak if not for if the Dark One can not have you then no one shall!" the warlord replies. "Now I suggest you turn yourself over or else I have orders to burn the entire Garrison to the ground!" the warlord threatens.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Wow.. Burn it to the ground? As in.. Inferno?.. Won't that croak you too?" you exclaim in surprise.

    "If I am croaked then the Dark One shall raise me and I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!" the Warlord declared in reply.

    "... but.. how did you end up being so Loyal to the Dark One? What's your story? Were you popped in the Dark Side or turned?" you then question.

    "The Dark One is my master why would I not be loyal to him. He is the most powerful ruler on Erf, his power is absolute, he can do things that no other unit can!" the warlord declared reverently. "You would be wise to turn, opposing him will only bring you pain..." the warlord continued while remaining out of sight.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Did opposing him bring you pain, before he had this loyalty magically installed upon you? It isn't normal you know, devoutly kissing the boots of a man who will pop units just to croak and uncroak them." You call out.

    "Blasphemer I have never opposed the Dark Ones will nor would I ever think to do such a thing!" The Warlord shouted back seemingly offended. "And what makes you think I have ever had such a spell cast upon me!" the warlord continued an undertone of anger in his voice.

    "I can see why you would think the Dark One is powerful. But, I can prove myself more powerful then even he. I can create movement and action where it is not. He can only give it after life has left a form." you then argue.

    "The Dark One can not only grant mere movement he can grant life itself!" The Warlord responded. "With life the Dark One also gifts strength and power. He is so much beyond you that you are not even worth comparing. But I can understand your ignorance for you have yet to see the Dark One in all his magnificence!" the warlord finished.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Your master is the ruler of a domain and subjects that only live a few turns past their decay. Once Life is gone, even he can only cheat Death for a few turns before the resurrected, mindless husk he restored crumbles to Dust. I offer you a choice, and true Life!" you declare.

    The warlord bursts out in to laughter. "Oh how little you know, the Dark One's servants do not decay they are eternal. My master is no mere amateur he is a master of the art of croakamancy such limitations do not apply to him!" the warlord responds. "He has overcome croaking itself!" the Warlord continues.

    "Shall we show them how mindless we are..." A second sinister sounding voice then rasps.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 11 (Part 2)

    Verbally stalling the Warlord you delay long enough for Julienne to join you in the Garrison.

    Airspace

    -

    Tower

    -

    Garrison

    Stack 1 - hiding

    The Luggage 10/10

    Stack 3

    Erfman 6/6 0 juice
    Chief Bowie 15/15
    Gobwin 1 5/5
    Gobwin 2 1/5
    Jessie 5/10 - screening
    Bob 5/15
    Billie 8/23

    Stack 2

    Julienne 15/30


    Darkside stack 7 - searching

    Warlord
    Mummy 1
    Mummy 2
    Uncroaked Stabber 1 - 4 hits taken

    Courtyard

    -

    Walls - badly damaged

    -

    Outside walls

    -

    Stack 5

    Woody 0/22 - disabled

    Dungeons

    -

    Tunnels

    -
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 12

    With a vicious hiss two of the bandaged uncroaked come charging in to sight with their eyes glowing yellow in the gloom. As they charge down the stairs the uncroaked stabber joins the charge and all three race towards you. Julienne then steps forwards blades a twirling to meet the charge instantly dusting the uncroaked though the two Mummies charge straight past her though Julienne lands a number of hits as they do so (3 and 6 hits dealt).

    As soon as the Mummies make their way past Julienne Chief Bowie then hurls the animated axe and it homes in on one of the mummies. The bandaged unit is struck losing a further 3 hits though the undcroaked doesn't seem to feel pain and continues charging on.

    Both Mummies seem to be homing in on you personally though Jessie and a brave Gobwin move in front of you to protect you from the attack. To your great surprise Jessie only takes a single hit and the Gobwin is completely unharmed. The Mummies jaws then drop and extend to an unnatural degree as a thick putrid cloud of brown gas is released that envelopes your stack. Jessie is completely unaffected by the gas while the living units begin to feel somewhat queasy. You and the Gobwins however are affected worst of all and begin to splutter and cough uncontrollably.

    Bob then leads a counter attack quickly impaling one of the mummies through the head and dropping it to the ground dusted. You, Jessie and the two spluttering Gobwins then focus on the remaining Mummy though in your coughing fit you fail to hit anything. Fortunately the Gobwins are much more effective dealing 4 hits each while Jessie lands a single hit of her own.


    Airspace

    -

    Tower

    -

    Garrison

    Stack 1 - hiding

    The Luggage 10/10

    Stack 3

    Erfman 6/6 0 juice - diseased
    Chief Bowie 15/15
    Gobwin 1 5/5 - screening - diseased
    Gobwin 2 1/5 - diseased
    Jessie 4/10 - screening
    Bob 5/15
    Billie 8/23

    Stack 2

    Julienne 15/30 - immobile, -2 defence


    Darkside stack 1 - searching

    Warlord

    Darkside stack 2

    Mummy 2 - 12 hits taken


    Courtyard

    -

    Walls - badly damaged

    -

    Outside walls

    -

    Stack 5

    Woody 0/22 - disabled

    Dungeons

    -

    Tunnels

    -
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 13

    Dog pilling the last remaining Mummy is a bit of a scramble and your stack find themselves getting in each other's way as they attempt to make their attacks but none the less you are able to swiftly dust your opponent though you and the Gobwins break out in to another fit of coughing as you do so.

    The enemy Warlord then strides out confidently standing at the top of the stairs with an axe in hand. He takes one step forwards before abruptly stopping. "Yes the objective has been achieved..." he suddenly declares. "Are you sure?" he then questions. "Very well, his will be done!" the Warlord then finished before looking down at your stack.

    "I surrender!" he then declares to your complete surprise as he lets the axe drop to the floor and manacles appear on his arms and legs.

    Congratulations you have won the battle. Exp gained. Durp and Burp the Gobwins have levelled up to level 2!
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    You feel a strange tingle in your head that announces the beginning of a Thinkagram. "Greetings Erfman son of Fanon, I am Lady Shipping of the Darkside speaking on behalf of the Dark One. You are holding one of our warlords against his will I must insist that you release him immediately, the information that he carries is far too valuable to be left in your hands..." a soft and gentle voice declares inside your head.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    ""Uuh.. As a gesture of good faith, and for continued negotiations, would you share the details of this sickness that currently ails me? I breathed in the brown noxious fumes expelled by the bandaged uncroaked.." you question.

    "Certainly" Lady Shipping replied via thinkagram. "Unfortunately I believe you have been infected with a bout of Mummy rot. It is one of the Dark Ones favourite creations. It will cause your signamancy and stats to degrade over the coming turns much as a standard uncroaked would normally degrade. Ofcourse the Dark One keeps a supply of the cure but it is not something he gives away freely..." she explains.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Dear Lady, any important information your Warlord could have gathered, we would have gladly shared anyhow, so there was really no need for the troops sent. May I ask the Warlord's name? He has been rather uncooperative, but of course has not been harmed. As for the Mummy rot, I find it hard to believe it has such dire consequences. Would your Ruler pinkyswear on this? If not, we cannot consider this a reasonable negotiation." you transmit back across the thinkagram.

    "If the information the warlord possesses is dangerous. We would be happy to remove the threat of its dissemination, in exchange for the cure for the mummy rot. (Provided the pinky swear is accepted)." you add.

    "My good man, as I am sure you realise this was not an information gathering mission beyond the Dark One wishing to test your strength" Lady Shipping replied. "The Warlord ah yes I believe his name is Grim it does not surprise me that he is not being cooperative though I must advise you against using other means to force his cooperation. The Dark One would be most displeased if you attempted to torture, turn or otherwise manipulate the mind of his unit..." Lady Shipping continued rather politely. "You have MY word the Mummy rot is something to be concerned about though I doubt the Dark One would agree to a pinky swear preferring you see the results yourself..." the Lady added somewhat seriously. "Oh you misunderstand... the Dark One has no desire to negotiate but my Loyalty demands that I do whatever possible to keep the units of my side safe..." she then added.

    "how much time do we have? Do units with mummy rot always croak at the end?"you then question slightly worried.

    "By three turns the degradation is usually quite apparent by ten it can be crippling. Whether a unit croaks or not is usually dependant on the strength of their will" Lady Shipping replies in a somber tone.

    Your units meanwhile begin scavenging round the hex collecting up all the weapons of the uncroaked and destroying the bodies.

    8 swords, 8 spears, 8 bows, 1 Ogwe club and 8 units of wood gained

    Betsy meanwhile is harvested

    5 rations of meat and goat hide gained

    Searching upstairs you discover a large number of chests smashed to pieces.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "If you care so much for the lives of what I have to assume is one of a handful of living units among the Dark Side, it behooves me to tell you he was exposed to the gaseous attack of the mummies. If I were to pinky swear to giving it to him, would you ship over a unit of this cure?" you fib.

    "I do care greatly for the lives of those from MY side and I wish it were that simple but I can not disobey orders, I can not send the cure outside these walls..." Lady Shipping replied with a hint of regret.

    "Dear Lady, it gives me much joy to hear a former unit from old Fanon again. Could we possibly hold this conversation face to face? If you wish, I will pinkyswear on your safe passage to and from new Fanon through the Magic Kingdom, that way it would be easier to speak, caster to caster. I swear no harm or hinder will be laid upon you."

    "This would also be an opportunity for you to confirm the healthy nature of the warlord. We extend hospitality to you, pinky swearing to pay your upkeep if you would visit my new court for a turn."

    "If this is impossible, could you provide a visual display for this conversation? I so long to see a fellow caster." you continue.

    "I am afraid that the city I reside in has no portal and I must conserve my juice... In fact this gram will not last much longer. I must remind you the Dark One insists you release Warlord Grim and he demands that you hand yourself over. I also add that should you choose to turn, Grim will be able to lead you to Darkside Territory..." Lady Shipping replied.


    ------


    "Bowie, have you heard of anything with a similar effect, and know of a cure for it?" you ask turning to the Gobwin chief.

    "I've heard of ferals with poisonous bites and the like, things that usually debuff your stats somewhat rotten..." Bowie replied. "Most units don't last long afterwards but those lucky enough sometimes get seen by a healomancer or florist... If the sides willing to pay that is..." Bowie replies.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Turn 13

    Side: Fanon

    Capital: Fanon City

    Income: 500s / turn
    Production: 50
    Spoiler
    Show
    Units available to pop;
    Stabber (20) 5/10/4/8
    Piker (20) 5/5/5/8 [Piker Defence]
    Archer (20) 5/11/3/8 [Archery]
    Scout (7) 2/2/2/8 [Scout]

    Tower: Level 1, Juice Charge: 0
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dollamantic converter: The tower is able to convert schmuckers to power Golems. Dollamancy Golems may pay upkeep in schmuckers or juice.
    Caster Bonus: Spells cast while in the tower are cast at caster level +1

    Walls: Level 1
    City Zone:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dwellings
    Barracks
    Storehouse
    Dollamancy Workshop - (Dollamancy crafting time reduced by 10%)

    Dungeons: Level 0
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cells: 1 (crude cavern, low security) Capacity 0/2

    Garison:

    Treasury: 500s


    Spoiler
    Show


    Stats


    (King?) Erfman
    Level 3 Dollamancer
    (Adept)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 6 (2+2+2) Defence: 2 Move: 10 (8+2) Juice: 300/300
    Upkeep: 150s
    Special: Caster, Command, Infected
    Purse: 0s
    Equipped: Craftman's +1 Hammer, Motion Goggles
    Exp: 315/400


    Sir Bob
    Level 3 Lancer (Knight)

    Hits: 15 Combat: 24 (17+6+1) Defence: 6 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 40s
    Special: Piker defence, Lancer, Knight
    Equipped: Pikers +1 Spear
    Exp: 115/400


    Heavy Dervish Golem
    Hits: 30 Combat: 43 Defence: 6 Move: 0
    Juice Charge: 100/300
    Upkeep: 100 juice
    Special: Garrison, Heavy, Dervish Dance


    Woody
    Reinforced Wood Golem

    Hits:0/ 22 Combat: 12 (10+2) Defence: 6 Move: 8
    Juice Charge: 0/100
    Upkeep: 30 juice
    Special: Heavy
    Equipped: +1 Animated Gobwin Axe


    Jessie
    Wood Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 10 (9+1) Defence: 5 (4+1) Move: 8
    Juice Charge: 20/100
    Upkeep: 20 juice
    Equipped: modified Piker armor, crude Gobwin Axe


    The Luggage
    Luggage Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 5 Defence: 3 Move: 16
    Juice Charge: 12/100
    Upkeep: 23 juice
    Special: Carnyed - Bigger on the inside, Dollamancy - moving parts, Capture, Mountain Capable


    Billie
    Level 2 War Goat

    Hits: 23 (20+3) Combat: 15 Defence: 4 Move: 22 (20+2)
    Upkeep: 40
    Special: Self Sufficient, Mountain Capable, Heavy, WarMount (1 rider 1 passenger)
    Equipped: Woolly Saddle
    Exp: 115/200


    Suresh
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 0/100


    Unnamed
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 0/100


    Unnamed
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 0/100


    Unnamed
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 0/100


    Unnamed
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 0/100


    Unnamed
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 0/100


    Unnamed
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 0/100

    Gobwins


    Chief Bowie
    Level 2 Gobwin Chief (Knight)

    Hits: 15 Combat: 23 (19+3+1) Defence: 4 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 100s
    Special: Natural Ally Chief, Command, Knight, Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting
    Equipped: +1 Gobwin Axe
    Exp: 181/200


    Durp
    Level 2 Gobwin

    Hits: 5 Combat: 10 (7+2+1) Defence: 3 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 20s
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting, Infected
    Equipped: +1 Gobwin Axe
    Exp: 31/200


    Burp
    Level 2 Gobwin

    Hits: 1/5 Combat: 10 (7+2+1) Defence: 3 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 20s
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting, Infected
    Equipped: +1 Gobwin Axe
    Exp: 31/200

    Inventory

    Powerball x1

    Fruit x24
    Deseeded fruit x 0
    Fruit seeds x14
    Meat rations x5
    Arkenfiend Mushroom x1

    Stone x3
    Pebbles x1
    Wood x8
    Wool x0
    Metal Ore x0
    Branches from a Bush x1
    Goat Hide x1

    Piker Spears x8
    Archer Bows x8
    Stabber Swords x8
    Ogwe Club x1

    [Warlord Prisoner - Grim]

    Scouting
    Spoiler
    Show



    What do you do?
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    As the Thinkagram fades

    You notice that the tower allow you to see the surrounding hexes.

    With the start of a new turn the cleansing happens and all your wounds vanish leaving you and all your units at full hits except Woody who remains immobile. For the first turn ever however you find yourself at turn start in a city and a number of things occurs all at once. The damage from the battle including the damaged walls magically repair themselves, schmuckers pour in to your treasury and seven new units pop in to existence in the Garrison and look to you for guidance.

    "You, Scout, welcome to this Erf, to the side of Fanon. State your name, and describe the Scouting special." you declared by way of greeting.

    "I am Scout Suresh your majesty. The Scout special has two main abilities it allows a unit to enter 'stealth'. When a unit is in stealth an opposing unit must make a spot check in order to notice it. The scout special also allows a unit to make a retreat action before the first round of combat starts if they are on their turn and have the move to do so" the scout replies while standing to attention.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz

    We need an estimate on the amount of resources needed to repair woody, and fix the farm.
    10 wood should be sufficient to repair the farm.


    EDIT: How many actions does a tower take to build? and how many resources?
    A simple wooden look out tower would take 20 units of wood and 24 actions

    Wiz, we knew fixing the Farm costed 200$, do we now know more? What a farm will do when fixed?
    Each turn a farm will produce rations. It can also produce certain usable resources.




    ----------------------




    "Scouts gather around."

    "You'll have to scout the highest number of surrounding hexes, and the farthest possible, to forestall impending threats. You are Fanon's the first line of defense, and even more important, you are Fanon's prime source of information."

    "Now, in this side of Fanon, we prize original thinking, and individual initiative, so let's have your first go at it:"

    "You'll have to scout farther and farther away from the Capital, think of ways to transmit your hard earned information back to the Capital. Brainstorm, go."
    you declare.

    "Um magic?" One scout shouts out. "How about a mount relay?" Another suggests. "What about messenger birds?" Another calls out

    "You did not pop with any weaponry, do you have proficiency in any?" You then question.

    "Scouts mostly try to avoid combat..." Suresh answers "Though I guess were capable of using most melee weapons..." He adds
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz

    *Erfman ponders on a design for a cloth crow, that carries messages in its belly*
    What cost estimates in Wool/cloth, Juice and Actions? And how high a Move could it have?
    The cheapest bird you could build would be as follows

    Messenger bird
    Hits: 1 Combat: 1 Defence: 1 Move: 12
    Upkeep: 4
    Special: Flight

    Or you could build a better version

    Messenger bird
    Hits: 1 Combat: 1 Defence: 1 Move: 16
    Upkeep: 12
    Special: Flight

    Or

    Messenger bird
    Hits: 1 Combat: 1 Defence: 1 Move: 20
    Upkeep: 20
    Special: Flight


    All designs would use 1 unit of wool and if built in the workshop with the Craftman's hammer take 4 actions. Juice cost would be 50 or 75 or 100 to build depending on the design chosen. Since they are a simple design you may also make up to 4 at once for no additional action cost though the juice cost will increase.






    Nods sagely. "Messenger animals, mount relays, some magic like thinkamancy or hat magic, these are all good ideas. While they are a little out of our means currently, I want you all to be sure to note when ever you see a living feral." you instruct

    "Yes sir!" the scouts chorus in return.


    "I've been thinking about the offer your boss gave me. But I was wondering, which direction and how long would it take for us to get to the city? If it takes too long, it will all be for naught." You question turning to the prisoner.

    "I could take you to one of his cities..." Grim replies somewhat warily. "There's one only two turns move from here maybe one if we used a mount..." Grim then adds purposefully omitting the direction the city is in.

    "So, this was the Dark One's plan? To have you fight, lose, and then get captured? How do you know he hasn't forsaken you? It's obvious that life isn't important to him." you the probe.

    "Don't be ridiculous the plan was to capture the city or at the very least weaken you by croaking your units and destroying your dolls!" Grim scoffed. "And his reserve objective was achieved!" Grim then smirked. "The plan wasn't for me to surrender..." Grim then half muttered to himself. "But I guess the plan changed since the messenger..." Grim began to ramble before suddenly realising what he was saying and quickly shutting up.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Thinking about how caster help from the magic kingdom would be crucial you instruct a Scout to help.
    Scout Gopher went and fetched a piece of wood and carved "Now Hiring, Inquire Within" in to its surface and then with a sudden bout of inspiration he flipped the sign over and carved the exact same message on the reverse side. Heading to the dungeon and then the portal room he very carefully slid it through the portal. The wood seemed to shudder slightly before disappearing in to the portal and out of Gopher's sight.

    1 unit of wood used
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Julienne and Jessie begin the slow task of carrying the prone form of Woody up to the tower while you have Bowie and Bob escort the Warlord Grim to the dungeons. The cell is little more than a hollowed out chamber carved out of the hard earth. In the centre of the cell is a single metal ring protruding from the ground. As the Warlord is pushed inside his chain snaps to the ring and he is secured in place. Bob then sets about stripping him off his possessions.

    Helmet (Magical)
    Dark breastplate (Mundane)
    Sword (Mundane)
    Red glowing gem (Magical)
    Small leather case (Mundane)

    Marching up the tower you look over the damage caused to your Golem with great sadness. Channeling your juice you begin to form a repair spell but as you do so you begin to feel the towers bonus boosting your power. Funnelling the juice in to Woody you watch as the damage begins to fade away.

    Erfman 25 juice used 14 hits restored.

    With the Golem's shell now in a good enough condition to function you turn your attention to powering him and you begin to charge him with your juice. As your juice enters his frame Woody suddenly sits up.

    Erfman 35 juice used
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz

    With a silent command you send Julliene to guard the prisoner while you sit down to inspect his belongings.

    Laying out Grim's possessions in front of you, you carefully examine them. You first pickup the red Gem and find that it is warm to the touch. Focusing your caster senses on the gem you realize it is charged with shockamancy and every so often the energy inside it seems to pulse.

    You next pick up the helm and find that it is sturdy and well made. Weaved in to its construction however are traces of croakamancy and thinkamancy.

    Finally you pick up the leather case it is surprisingly well crafted for a mundane item though it's lining is rather thick. Opening the case you find several sheets of blank paper and a quill inside.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Hey Grim, catch!" you declare as you motion to throw the red glowing gem at the prisoner. Grim's eyes widen in surprise as what colour that he had quickly drains from his face. With a intense look of concentration Grim then yanks his hands up as if his life depended on it.

    "If I should throw this red gem at you, would it explode?" You then question.

    Grim grunts in response to your dirty trick and refuses to answer but his reaction is likely all the response you need.

    Wiz, *Erfman ponders if he would be able to design a golem so cheap that it would only have 1 Juice upkeep, while it not being a Garrison unit*
    *While also pondering if he would be able to give a golem the capacity for speech, if not sentience"
    You reckon you could build a Golem with a 1 juice upkeep but it would not be very good in battle.

    You are unsure of how to give a golem the ability to speak or have sentience. You would likely need the help of a Thinkamancer...
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    *Erfman ponders on his limited skills, and ponders if he could incorporate into a golem a record-and-play-sound mechanism, such that the Golem itself won't have speech, but be able to record a sound, and play it back afterwards on command*
    That could possibly work...

    Wiz, it was well established that you can't attack across hex boundaries.
    Now, could the catapult idea work?
    Can objects be tossed across hex boundaries, in our own turn? (if we don't know Erfman is very curious, and would like to go out and test, with a piece of rock)
    In general I am going to say no. Perhaps if you discover or obtain some rare special you might be able to...

    Did any paper and quill pop in our throne room or bedroom?
    Yes these are available to you in the city.



    ----

    Erfman sets down to write on a piece of paper a test message, in several sizes:

    "Jessie, could you copy this onto this other piece of paper?" you then request. Obediently Jessie picks up the quill and slowly copies down the message.

    You then move on to the Warlords case full of paper. You pull out the paper and the quill leaving the fat case empty and begin to write on the paper. 'Master, am captured by the caster. Caster seems inclined to go through portal end of turn, has no knowledge about our presence two hexes away NNW. Further instructions? The words appear on the page as you write them but nothing remarkable seems to happen.

    "Scout Bond. It's important to the side to discover the secrets of this magical artifact. Would you like to be the first to try and figure it out? If so, put it on, and see if you feel anything different."

    You then have one of the scouts try on the helmet. "What do you want me to do now Sire?" the scout then questions.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    A scout hurries in carrying a plain white envelope with a wax seal. "Sire this just came through the portal..." the scout declares as he holds out the envelope.

    (If you open it)

    Inside the envelope is a letter that reads as follows.

    Dear residents of the city beyond the yellow portal,

    I am came across the sign that you pushed through your portal and I presume that due to your chosen method of communication that your side does not have its own caster. Do not worry I will not hold such a fact against you. My name is Dotti Crosst and I am a signamancer, now you are rather fortunate for if you wish I can organise the provision of services from the magical kingdom all for a minimal fee. I urge you to respond quickly as there is only so much time I can spend loitering at your portal.

    Yours sincerely
    Dotti Crosst, Barbarian Signamancer
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Scout Bond, Let's spar at another time. For now keep it up, stay with me, and tell us if you notice anything unusual." you order.

    "Yes Sire" Bond replies as he moves to your side.

    You then pick up a quill and start writing a reply to the letter you received from the Magic Kingdom.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Dear Dotti Crosst,

    This is King Erfman of Fanon. This city and side are newly refounded and are in need of some services from the magical kingdom. Most urgent for us is the treatment of a non-contagious disease debuff known as Mummy Rot by a Healomancer or Florist, and the reduction or delay of cost associated with formally allying with a Tribe of Natural Allies which I believe falls under signamancy. Additionally, should there be any casters who have trouble making upkeep this turn, please send them our way. If they are willing to provide their juice and expertise, no matter the extent of either, fully to the Kingdom of Fanon, we are willing to provide for their continued survival to the extend this small side can.

    Yours truly,
    King Erfman of Fanon


    Once your letter is finished you head to the portal room and carefully post it through the portal. The portal ripples and shudders slightly before the letter disappears from sight.

    A short while later another pristine envelope with a wax seal is spat out of the portal and drops on to the hard floor.

    Picking up the envelope you quickly tear in to it and pull out the letter before unfolding it and reading its contents.

    Greetings your highness,

    It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance even if it is only through writing. Now I am sorry to hear that your city has been afflicted by a disease. Healomancers are popular casters so it may take some time to locate an available one. Would you like me to open negotiations for a cure or for the service of a Healomancer themselves?

    Oh you are in need of the services of a Signamancer? Now that is most fortuitous indeed. A natural ally contract is certainly something I could provide. All I would need to know are the details of the natural allies since you have already included those of yourself and your side and then I could put a contract together. You and the chief would then just need to sign on the dotted line and hey presto you have yourself some natural allies. All I would charge for this service would be a very reasonable price of 450 schmuckers.

    Now full blown recruitment that might be a little more tricky. I can certainly put the word out for you but casters are often very reluctant to even consider such a notion for sides they have not had any previous dealings with.

    Yours Sincerely Dotti Crosst, Barbarian Signamancer.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    CyperWizWurmD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2019

    Default Re: Erfman the Barbarian

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Sitting down you begin to write out a reply.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Dotti Crosst,

    It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance as well. Though this conversation has been limited to writing, it is the first I have had with a caster that hasn't been about that caster's side or their attempts to croak or capture me, and I must say, this is a far more pleasant discussion.

    I am unsure as to the best way to handle this contract, as I have not employed mercenary units before, let alone mercenary casters. My self and two units from the gobwin tribe I wish to ally myself with have been afflicted by this disease, and it seems the side I'm fighting employs it regularly. As such, an immediate cure would be useful and prudent, but a source of the cure or contract to buy it at a set price given enough turn's notice would be exceptional. I have heard that a Florist might be capable of creating such a cure, if the Healomancers are difficult to deal with.

    I do believe there was a touch of fate for a signamancer to have found the initial missive. Additionally to the contract with the gobwin tribe and the other casters, there is a matter of the currently rather bare signamancy of this city and it's lacking in selection of units it can produce. I believe that these are associated, and that it could be remedied with unit-actions of labor, directed by a signamancer or dirtamancer, should you with to have a more extended contract with us. I would ask you consider taking payment in meals and upkeep over a number of turns, as our treasury is currently dwarfed by most purses.

    Should the idea of turning to an unknown side be a hard thing to sell to the casters, present it as an open-ended contract. One turn of juice and labor for a turn's upkeep, until such time they choose to return to the magic kingdom, turn to Fanon, or renegotiate.

    PS: the Gobwin tribe's chief is called Bowie

    Yours Truly
    King Erfman of Fanon


    With your reply written you post it through the portal once again. After a while of waiting yet another sealed envelope arrives back.


    Dear King Erfman,

    Sounds like your kingdom has been having some interesting turns.

    Well how to handle contracts is something I can certainly help you with. If finances are an issue then I would recommend you purchase the final product that you are after as open ended services are generally a lot more costly. Once we have finished here I shall contact a couple of Healomancers who I have done business with in the past, if we are fortunate one of them shall be able to produce what you need.

    If you wish to retain my services then I would be willing to be your agent within the Magic Kingdom for the mere price of my upkeep. I shall enclose a contract for such in case you are interested, I shall also enclose a contract that will seal your Alliance with the Gobwins all you need to do is sign it along with the Gobwin chief.

    I will present your proposal as such but you will likely have to be patient or wait until your side has a better reputation with the Magic Kingdom as a whole until casters will consider joining your side.

    Yours Sincerely

    Dotti Crosst, Barbarian Signamancer


    Contract 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    I King Erfman of Fanon hereby hire Dotti Crosst as my agent in the magic Kingdom and agree to pay her upkeep until either I or Dotti Crosst formally notify the other party of their desire to end the contract. During the duration of the contract Dotti Crosst must work towards obtaining goods or services on behalf of King Erfman from Barbarian casters in the Magic Kingdom, recruiting for the side of Fanon or spreading word to increase the reputation for the side of Fanon. Dotti Crosst has no obligation to leave the Magic Kingdom during this time and any additional services provided during this time by Dotti Crosst must be paid for separately. Payment of upkeep must be given in advance or payment shall be collected directly from the treasury of the Side of Fanon.

    Signed

    Dotti Crosst, Barbarian Signamancer. Dotti Crosst

    King Erfman of Fanon. ...................



    Contract 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    King Erfman of Fanon and Chief Bowie of the Gobwins do hereby agree to form an alliance. King Erfman agrees from this point on to provide upkeep for the entirety of the Gobwins of the Gobin tribe led by Chief Bowie and to treat them as though they were units popped by the side of Fanon. Chief Bowie agrees that from this point on the Gobwins shall serve as though they were units of Fanon.

    If upkeep is not provided in advance for the entirety of the Gobwins then this upkeep shall be taken directly from the treasury of the side of Fanon.

    While this contract is in effect any attempt by a Gobwin unit to turn or form alliance with another side shall result in the autodisbanding of that unit.

    This contract shall be in effect for as long as Fanon remains a side. The contract can only be terminated early if the current ruler of Fanon and the current chief of the Gobwins agree to dissolve the contract.

    Upon the signing of this contract a sum of 450 schmuckers will be transferred from the treasury of Fanon in to the purse of Dotti Crosst, Barbarian Signamancer this will be a one off payment.

    Signed


    King Erfman of Fanon. ...................

    Chief Bowie of the Gobwin tribe ..................




    "Bowie, hey, we have a signamancer here who says he can create a contract to officiate our Alliance by 450$. Do you think a Signamancer Alliance would be just as good as a natural magic one?" You ask turning to Bowie.

    "Signamancy is Signamancy whether its natural or done by a caster. A contract done by a signamancer would be just as binding! We would be willing to sign in order to restore the tribe to greatness!" Bowie replies
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Carefully examining the leather case you find a single loose thread. Delicately pulling it back you reveal a secret compartment inside the lining of the case itself. Inside the lining is a couple of pieces of paper with information on you and some of your units and a folded map.

    Map

    Spoiler
    Show
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    how many rooms / beds there are:

    Spoiler
    Show

    1 - Portal room
    2 - Dungeons
    3 - Armoury
    4 - Bunk room (16 beds)
    5 -
    6 -
    7 - Bunk room (16 beds)
    8 -
    9 -
    10 - Throne Room
    11 -
    12 -
    13 -
    14 - Map room
    15 -
    16 - Royal Bed Chamber
    17 -
    18 -
    19 -
    20 -
    21 -
    22 -
    23 -
    24 -
    25 -
    26 -
    27 -
    28 -
    29 -
    30 -
    31 - Tower Roof
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Sitting down you write out a reply to Dotti once again before signing the two contracts that she enclosed. As you sign the contracts they seem to shimmer for a moment as you feel a tingling sensation spread through your body. Once the sensation is over you realize that your treasury has dropped by 450 schmuckers and that you can now sense the Gobwins as units of Fanon.

    With that done you post your letter through the portal once again along with a single piece of fruit and then you patiently wait for a reply.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Dotti Crosst,

    The kingdom is only a singular turn old, since it's refounding. The turns before that were my own, as a barbarian. As such I know what it's like to look at one's purse and wonder how many turns it can be stretched out. I hope to offer those casters in a similar position a chance to endure, to grow, to heal from those lingering damages that malnutrition and penny-pinching upkeep can cause. I understand that we're currently an unknown, and as such there is a low base line trust level which must be overcome. I would hope that a contract ensuring they can return to the magic kingdom at anytime, and will be ending turn in the capital and remaining out of combat unless we pay them a bonus to be negotiated at that time would help with such a matter.

    I agree you're probably right when it comes to the Healomancers, though I thought it might be more juice efficient for them to manual cast the curative rather then fabricating one, even before calculating in the tower bonus the city would offer. Should you know of one willing and available, but not familiar with the disease in question, they would of course be welcome to come here and examine the afflicted units.

    On the more general, I can understand purchasing a particular product might be more economically feasible then an open contract. There is just the problem that I'm not familiar with what a caster of every discipline can best do, and as such I would want to discuss with the caster to find a good way to employ them.

    Sincerely yours,
    King Erfman of Fanon

    PS: Encased goes one upkeep sustaining fruit, they have kept me alive for many a turn now. Will these fruits delivered thusly cover the clause "Payment of upkeep must be given in advance"? If so would it be agreeable for you, each day, to post a missive through our portal giving notice you are on the other side awaiting, and then we send through another fruit?


    Sure enough after a short while you get a letter in return.

    Dear King Erfman,

    Payment in rations will be acceptable however please do make sure to try and provide some variety as a diet of a single item can get very monotonous and monotony can effect ones signamancy.

    Now I must go in search of a Healomancer, I shall return to the portal the same time tomorrow.

    Until then take care.

    Dotti Crosst
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz

    Now that we're allies with the gobwins, does the portal still appear dangerous to us?
    Allying with the Gobwins has not affected the portal in any way

    Can we get an estimate on the amount of stone, wood, and actions needed to build a stable? I believe building one would let us pop goats.
    20 wood, 24 actions



    "Hey Scout Bond, currently if you spot a flying waven, could you croak it? Do you have any way of hitting a flying target?" You question.

    "No Sire we do not have any ranged weapons nor do we have the archery special..." Bond replies.

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Compilation of Game Thread)

    Turn 13 - in progress

    Side: Fanon

    Capital: Fanon City

    Income: 500s / turn
    Production: 50
    Spoiler
    Show
    Units available to pop;
    Stabber (20) 5/10/4/8
    Piker (20) 5/5/5/8 [Piker Defence]
    Archer (20) 5/11/3/8 [Archery]
    Scout (7) 2/2/2/8 [Scout]

    Tower: Level 1, Juice Charge: 0
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dollamantic converter: The tower is able to convert schmuckers to power Golems. Dollamancy Golems may pay upkeep in schmuckers or juice.
    Caster Bonus: Spells cast while in the tower are cast at caster level +1

    Walls: Level 1
    City Zone:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dwellings
    Barracks
    Storehouse
    Dollamancy Workshop - (Dollamancy crafting time reduced by 10%)

    Dungeons: Level 0
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cells: 1 (crude cavern, low security) Capacity 0/2

    Garison:

    Treasury: 50s


    Spoiler
    Show


    Stats


    King Erfman
    Level 3 Dollamancer
    (Adept)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 6 (2+2+2) Defence: 2 Move: 10 (8+2) Juice: 300/300
    Upkeep: 150s
    Special: Caster, Command, Infected
    Purse: 0s
    Equipped: Craftman's +1 Hammer, Motion Goggles
    Exp: 315/400


    Sir Bob
    Level 3 Lancer (Knight)

    Hits: 15 Combat: 24 (17+6+1) Defence: 6 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 40s
    Special: Piker defence, Lancer, Knight
    Equipped: Pikers +1 Spear
    Exp: 115/400


    Heavy Dervish Golem
    Hits: 30 Combat: 43 Defence: 6 Move: 0
    Juice Charge: 100/300
    Upkeep: 100 juice
    Special: Garrison, Heavy, Dervish Dance


    Woody
    Reinforced Wood Golem

    Hits:0/ 22 Combat: 12 (10+2) Defence: 6 Move: 8
    Juice Charge: 0/100
    Upkeep: 30 juice
    Special: Heavy
    Equipped: +1 Animated Gobwin Axe


    Jessie
    Wood Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 10 (9+1) Defence: 5 (4+1) Move: 8
    Juice Charge: 20/100
    Upkeep: 20 juice
    Equipped: modified Piker armor, crude Gobwin Axe


    The Luggage
    Luggage Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 5 Defence: 3 Move: 16
    Juice Charge: 12/100
    Upkeep: 23 juice
    Special: Carnyed - Bigger on the inside, Dollamancy - moving parts, Capture, Mountain Capable


    Billie
    Level 2 War Goat

    Hits: 23 (20+3) Combat: 15 Defence: 4 Move: 22 (20+2)
    Upkeep: 40
    Special: Self Sufficient, Mountain Capable, Heavy, WarMount (1 rider 1 passenger)
    Equipped: Woolly Saddle
    Exp: 115/200


    Suresh
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 0/100


    Gopher
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 0/100


    Bond
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Equiped: Magic Helm (unidentified)
    Exp: 0/100


    Unnamed
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 0/100


    Unnamed
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 0/100


    Unnamed
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 0/100


    Unnamed
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 0/100


    Chief Bowie
    Level 2 Gobwin Chief (Knight)

    Hits: 15 Combat: 23 (19+3+1) Defence: 4 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 100s
    Special: Natural Ally Chief, Command, Knight, Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting
    Equipped: +1 Gobwin Axe
    Exp: 181/200


    Durp
    Level 2 Gobwin

    Hits: 5 Combat: 10 (7+2+1) Defence: 3 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 20s
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting, Infected
    Equipped: +1 Gobwin Axe
    Exp: 31/200


    Burp
    Level 2 Gobwin

    Hits: 5 Combat: 10 (7+2+1) Defence: 3 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 20s
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting, Infected
    Equipped: +1 Gobwin Axe
    Exp: 31/200

    In the Magic Kingdom



    Dotti Crosst
    Level 2 Signamancer
    (Novice)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 3 (2+1) Defence: 2 Move: 10 (8+2) Juice: 200/200
    Upkeep: 150s
    Special: Caster, Command
    Exp: 100/200

    Inventory

    Powerball x1
    Shockamancy Gem x1

    Fruit x23
    Deseeded fruit x 0
    Fruit seeds x14
    Meat rations x5
    Arkenfiend Mushroom x1

    Stone x3
    Pebbles x1
    Wood x7
    Wool x0
    Metal Ore x0
    Branches from a Bush x1
    Goat Hide x1

    Piker Spears x8
    Archer Bows x8
    Stabber Swords x8
    Warlords sword x1
    Ogwe Club x1
    Dark Breastplate x1

    Leather case x1

    [Warlord Prisoner - Grim]

    Scouting
    Spoiler
    Show



    What do you do?[/quote]

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Assembling in the dinning hall you all sit down as you have Jessie bring out food for everyone. As the King you get the best meal being served delicious Goat meat while Bob, Bowie, the two Gobwins Durp and Burp each get a piece of fruit.

    1 meat ration and 4 fruit consumed. Erfman, Bob, Billie, Durp and Burp upkeep paid

    The scouts meanwhile sit at their own table and tuck in to their own rations.

    7 fruit consumed or 49s paid. Scouts upkeep paid

    You then head down to the workshop and using the metal from one of the stabbers swords and a dollop of juice you refunction them as a set of shears.

    Erfman 1 action and 25 juice used. 1 Stabber sword used. 1 set of shears gained.

    Bob then collects the shears from you and gives Billie a quick trim out in the courtyard.

    Bob 1 action used. 2 units of wool gained

    You then send Woody out with a handful of seeds and with his powerful hands he digs holes and plants seeds around the hex.

    Woody 4 actions used. 4 seeds planted
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Suresh, take this +1 Axe, do you feel comfortable using it if needed?" *check his stats*

    Suresh takes the axe and as he does so you watch his combat go up by 2. "I could use it if I need to Sire" he then replies.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Experience will be divided between all living units that take part in a battle. Units that stay inside the Luggage will not count as taking part nor will units that for example stay hidden inside the garrison during a city battle.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    [soooo many actions to process]

    Deciding it is better to work smarter rather than harder you set to work with one of the scouts designing and building a tool that will make the harvesting of fruit more efficient. You end up with a claw device on a long pole that simultaneously picks and deseeds the fruit with the seed being deposited in a small removable compartment.

    Erman 1 action used and 25 juice. Scout 4 actions used. 1 pikers spear and 1 stabbers sword used. 1 Harvesting Claw obtained.

    With the Device created you then hand it over to the scout and order him to test it out. Gingerly he picks the claw up by its handle places the mouth of the claw around a piece of fruit and depresses the trigger contained within the handle. You then hear a slight clunk as the seed is removed and deposited.

    Scout 4 actions used. 16 fruit deseeded. 16 seeds obtained.

    When the scout is finished you then send him off to keep watch of the portal.

    Calling in a second scout you then begin to work on a new unit that will help the scouts with their scouting. The scout sets to work preparing the wool getting it ready to be knitted. Once it is prepared you each take a ball of wall and begin knitting the form of a small bird. Once you have 2 knitted birds you head up to the tower and grant them motion with your juice.

    Erfman 2 actions and 50 juice used. Scout 8 actions used. 2 units of Wool used. 2 knitted messenger birds created.

    With your rations for the day eaten and some projects completed you then leave Julienne guarding the prisoner, one scout in the portal room and one scout in the Garrison while the rest of your units follow you in to the luggage. The luggage then sets of southwest in to the next hex.

    The Luggage 2 move used

    Climbing out of the Luggage you see that the hex has two empty bushes and some stone, and a Waven flying high above! You swiftly dust the Waven.

    Then, calling out Bob, Durp the Gobwin and one of the messenger birds you begin giving out orders.

    Bob takes a handful of seeds and begins planting.

    Bob 2 actions used. 2 seeds planted

    Durp meanwhile takes his magical axe climbs on to the rock and begins hacking the rock formation to pieces though he has to stop on a number of occasions due to going in to a coughing fit.

    Durp 6 actions used. 9 units of stone obtained

    While everyone was busy the messenger bird went on a quick scouting run though she soon returns and flies up to you and begins pestering you until you pull out the map. She then taps twice on the mountain hex where the river starts.

    messenger bird 12 move used



    Continue on with plan or adapt plan?
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman feeds Billie a deseeded fruit

    1 fruit consumed. Billie upkeep paid
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Climbing back in to the luggage you all head north in to the next hex where you find two trees and a fruit bush.

    The Luggage 2 move used

    Poking your head out of the Luggage you spot a lone Waven flying over the hex. With a quick order you have one of your units dust it with the animated axe.

    You then begin ordering out your units and giving them specific tasks.

    Bob ends up with the harvesting claw and he makes quick work of collecting up all the fruit from the bush.

    Bob 2 actions used. 3 deseeded fruit and 3 seeds gained

    Jessie is then given the task of chopping down one of the two trees with a Gobwin axe. With a fair amount of effort she is able to bring the tree down. Before chopping the tree up in to small manageable pieces she removed what looks like a large acorn from one of the branches. She then continued chopping.

    Jessie 6 actions used. 9 wood and 1 acorn gained.

    With the tree now gone Jessie then carefully plants the acorn in its place.

    Jessie 1 action used. Acorn planted

    Woody meanwhile is assigned to seed planting and he carefully plants 3 more fruit seeds in the hex.

    Woody 3 actions used. 3 seeds planted

    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman 6 (10-4) actions 140/300 juice
    Bob 7 (10-3) actions
    Julienne 2 actions
    Woody 1 (8-7) actions
    Jessie 2 (8-6) actions
    The Luggage 12 (16-4) actions
    Billie 22 actions
    Suresh 8 actions
    Gopher 8 actions
    Bond 8 actions
    Scout 1 0 (8-8) actions
    Scout 2 0 (8-8) actions
    Scout 3 8 actions
    Scout 4 8 actions
    Bowie 10 actions
    Durp 4 (10-6) actions
    Burp 10 actions
    Messenger bird 1 0 actions (12-12)
    Messenger bird 2 12 actions


    Move on to next hex?
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Climbing back in to the Luggage once again you head north west entering a hex with another tree and two bushes.

    The Luggage 2 move used


    You then send out two scouts. The first begins collecting fruit with the harvesting claw while the second goes on a short scouting run.

    Scout 3 4 actions used. 6 deseeded fruit and 6 seeds gained

    The second scout then returns reporting nothing of interest from his round trip

    Scout 4 8 move used

    Climbing back in the luggage you then set off north east entering a forest hex for the first time the tightly packed trees causing The Luggage some difficulty with moving.

    The luggage 4 move used

    Climbing out of the Luggage you realise the bushes here do not have fruit and every so often you think you hear something. Perhaps the sound of a twig snapping, or the groaning of wood but perhaps they are just the natural sounds of a forest hex....

    What do you do?


    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman 6 (10-4) actions 140/300 juice
    Bob 7 (10-3) actions
    Julienne 2 actions
    Woody 1 (8-7) actions
    Jessie 2 (8-6) actions
    The Luggage 6 (16-10) actions
    Billie 22 actions
    Suresh 8 actions
    Gopher 8 actions
    Bond 8 actions
    Scout 1 0 (8-8) actions
    Scout 2 0 (8-8) actions
    Scout 3 4 (8-4) actions
    Scout 4 0 (8-8) actions
    Bowie 10 actions
    Durp 4 (10-6) actions
    Burp 10 actions
    Messenger bird 1 0 actions (12-12)
    Messenger bird 2 12 actions
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    You all start to climb out of the luggage as you begin your sweep of the forest hex searching for whatever is here. Bob goes in the lead with his arms full of food hoping that the combination of fruit and meat would cover the dietary preference of whatever unit you find. After a fair amount of time searching Bob hears the sharp snap of a twig snapping and he dashes forwards to investigate. Finally he spots something moving in the undergrowth.



    Holding up a fruit he tosses it lightly forward but the figure reacts poorly to the action and immediately darts in to the undergrowth once again letting the fruit fall harmlessly on to the forest floor.

    Bob 2 actions used. Taming attempt failed!
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Bob heads deeper in to the forest hex in search of the strange plant like woman. It takes a little while but he eventually finds her though this time she is not alone. She stands there with wide fearful looking eyes as she cowers slightly but infront of her stands two powerful looking protectors.



    The two muscular looking hogs snort loudly releasing a small cloud of steam and paw at the ground kicking up dirt looking as though they may charge at any moment.

    Orders?
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    With a silent order you command Bob to surrender, he then obediently places his trusty spear on the ground before he kneels down on the floor with his face down and his arms extended and his hands full of fruit. In response to his act of surrendering vines suddenly appear and wrap around his wrists and ankles binding him in place.

    "My ruler wishes to speak with you peacefully..." Bob then declares as he tries not to struggle.

    Surprised by the act the plant woman quirks an eyebrow and shuffles forwards placing a hand on the back of each of the hogs as she does so. The hogs in response then seem to calm down and become more placid and relaxed.

    Meanwhile you turn to Bowie and question the Gobwin Chief. "Bowie, have you ever seen a unit like her before? Is she dangerous and do you have any idea how to communicate with her? Also, does she control those two creatures?" You quickly ask.

    Bowie merely shrugs his shoulders. "I dunno but I reckon all units can be dangerous!" Bowie declares. "It certainly looks like she is charge of those Hogs..." he then adds.

    Keeping a curious eye trained on Bob the plant woman then hops forwards until she is directly infront of the Lancer. Leaning down she then places her hand on the side of Bob's face and directs him to look up, tilting his chin until he is looking up at her. She then leans forwards and plants a delicate kiss on Bob's lips. Bob's eyes then roll to the back of his head and he slumps to the ground in a heap.

    "We don't mean you or yours harm. Can we please talk rather then engage? I would much prefer peace then war between us." You had just begun to say as Bob slumped to the ground. The woman looks across at you and quizzically tilts here head to the side.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    [What do our ruler senses tell us about Bob's condition and hits?]
    Bob is on full hits...

    Erfman waits for a reply, but when one doesn't come, he looks at her curiously. "Can you understand me? ... Can you speak Language?, or write, perhaps?" He asked, wondering if communication with her would be very difficult.

    The strange plant woman gives a gentle nod before two quick shakes of her head.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman considers for a moment. "Will my unit awaken before the end of the turn?" you question.

    The Dwyad has a thoughtful look for a moment before shrugging her shoulders followed by nodding her head quickly followed by shrugging her shoulders once again and then shaking her head. She then taps the side of her own head before pointing at her chest.

    "Will he recover naturally by the beginning of the next?" you then question.

    The Dwyad nods before putting her hands together and briefly closing her eyes and resting her head on her hands. Her eyes then bolt open and she stares at you as if expecting you to have done something while her eyes were closed.


    "Allow me to introduce myself. I am King Erfman of Fanon. The city over there-" Gestures to the horizon. "- is mine, refounding the side of Fanon in it's old capital. I wish I could ask your name... Are you newly popped, perhaps in your first tenturns?" you then begin in an attempt to introduce yourself.

    The Dwyad looks blankly at you and shrugs her shoulders.

    "Did you have any dealing with the Kingdom of Fanon?" you then ask to which the Dwyad shakes her head.

    Once you are done talking she points at you and pats the ground next to her, she then points at the other units nearby and vigorously shakes her head before tracing a line on Bob's neck with her finger.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "I will order my friends to stand down while I sit by you to talk. I promise me and my friends will not attempt any violence unless we are attacked. Can you promise me the same? I must admit you and your friends frighten me somewhat, especially after you put Bob to sleep." you begin to which the Dwyad merely nods in reply with a gentle smile on her face and lightly pats the ground once again.

    "Bowie, please only intervene if I am personally attacked" you order before heading forwards. As you sit down the Dwyad's trunk bends and she too sits upon the ground.

    "Are you a Natural Ally?" you then question. In response she ***** her head to the side before pressing both hands to her chest and then reaching out and extending her arms in both directions.

    "Is this your forest, your home?" you then add getting a simple nod in response.

    "Were those dead hexes also your forest before the Dark One came?" you continue once again getting a nod.

    "The Dark One destroyed my home as well... I'm out to cleanse the taint of the Dark One from this world. Would you like to aid in this quest? I need both protectors of these woods (my NW border) and friends to come with me wherever I go." you press on however before you finish she reaches out and lightly places a finger on your lip. Once you stop talking she then places both hands on either side of your head before staring deeply in to your eyes, her own wide brown eyes carefully studying you.

    Seemingly satisfied she then releases your face and slightly leans forwards and forms a pout with her lips. She then points at you before pointing at her lips and then waits expectantly.
    Kiss the girl song

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    You lean in and rather hesitantly press your lips to the Dwyad's, the Dwyad then kisses you back with a surprising amount of passion. When it is all over you are left feeling a little dazed and it takes you a moment to realise that you can now see her stats.


    Level 1 Dwyad
    Hits: 5 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8 Juice: 50/50
    Upkeep: 100s
    Special: Natural Caster (Flower Power / Datamancy), Forest capable

    Congratulations the Dwyad has turned to Fanon!
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "What about the Hogs? Should we let them run free, or would you ask them to join us as well?" You ask.

    The Dwyad gives you a sweet smile before patting her lap. The two hogs then run over like obedient puppies and she strokes each of their backs. For some strange reason you then give each of the pigs a big wet kiss which they return by licking you with slobbering wet tongues coating your face in sticky saliva.

    (The Hogs will follow suit and turn aswell. Stats to follow later, but FYI they have both the forest capable and heavy specials.)

    Bob meanwhile gives off a slight snore as he continues his pleasant dreams.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Do you want to dally here a bit more?" you question.

    The Dwyad just looks back at you and smiles.

    "These are my creations, Jessie, and The Luggage" you declare as you point to your golems.

    "Let's put Bob to bed inside The Luggage" you then suggest.

    The Dwyad shakes her head slowly stands up and then hops over to Bob. Placing her hand on his shoulder she then gives a gentle shake and Bob slowly comes round looking a little dazed and confused.

    "Take a look inside The Luggage it's huge inside! " you suddenly comment. "Do you think the Hogs fit inside The Luggage?" you add.

    The Dwyad gives a nod and then leads the two hogs over to the Luggage. It is quite a squeeze but they are both able to get inside.

    You then turn to one of the scouts and begin giving out orders. "Scout, if moving takes 4 of your Move, come right back so you don't become stranded" you instruct.

    You send a Gopher of on a quick scouting run though it is not long until he returns. "Sire movement took 4 move so I returned after 1 hex. There were four uncroaked in the dead forest hex" Gopher reports.

    Gopher 8 move used

    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman 6 (10-4) actions 140/300 juice
    Bob 5 (10-5) actions
    Julienne 0 (2-2) actions
    Woody 1 (8-7) actions
    Jessie 2 (8-6) actions
    The Luggage 6 (16-10) actions
    Billie 22 actions
    Suresh 8 actions
    Gopher 0 (8-8) actions
    Bond 8 actions
    Scout 1 0 (8-8) actions
    Scout 2 0 (8-8) actions
    Scout 3 4 (8-4) actions
    Scout 4 0 (8-8) actions
    Bowie 10 actions
    Durp 4 (10-6) actions
    Burp 10 actions
    Messenger bird 1 0 actions (12-12)
    Messenger bird 2 12 actions
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Do you think you would be able to cure an illness, mummy rot, some friends and I have contracted?" you ask the Dwyad.

    She has a thoughtful look for a moment before bending down digging a small hole with her finger and then pretends to put something in it and covers the hole back over. She then looks back up with a hopeful look and stares straight at you.

    Eventually you all climb back in to the Luggage and set off once again this time heading southeast.

    The Luggage 2 move used

    The next hex is rather barren, not only is the ground dry and lifeless but all the trees that were once here have been cut down. Seeing that the only thing of interest here is the tent you claim it taking it inside the luggage.

    Tent gained

    "Can your flower power heal this hex of it's decayed signamancy?" "If so, we'll try it tomorrow, today there is more pressing matters ahead." you ask of the Dwyad.

    The Dwyad once again had a thoughtful look before pinching her fingers together and nodding. She then spreads her arms wide and with a frown shook her head.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman 6 (10-4) actions 140/300 juice
    Bob 5 (10-5) actions
    Julienne 0 (2-2) actions
    Woody 1 (8-7) actions
    Jessie 2 (8-6) actions
    The Luggage 4 (16-12) actions
    Billie 22 actions
    Suresh 8 actions
    Gopher 0 (8-8) actions
    Bond 8 actions
    Scout 1 0 (8-8) actions
    Scout 2 0 (8-8) actions
    Scout 3 4 (8-4) actions
    Scout 4 0 (8-8) actions
    Bowie 10 actions
    Durp 4 (10-6) actions
    Burp 10 actions
    Messenger bird 1 0 actions (12-12)
    Messenger bird 2 12 actions
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Dear Lady of the Woods, do you have a name? For some reason, during our kiss, the name 'Mahogany' was gently pushed in my mind, would that be your name?" you ask.

    The Dwyad gives you a gentle smile before quickly nodding her head.

    "Do you mean that you would have to grow what you need to make a cure? Or that it would take many turns, like growing a plant?" you question.

    Scrunching up here face in thought the Dwyad holds up a single finger.

    Erfman nods. "It's all right if it takes many turns, if you have to start small, both in area and the plants you use, and work your way up to fully healing this hex..." you then add trying to reassure her.

    "Does the herb we would need grow naturally here, or do we have the seed for the herb or plant already in our possession? If so, could you show us where to find it?" you then question.

    The Dwyad frowns for a second then points at you followed by her eye and then digs a small hole in the ground and then mimics placing something in there before looking at you in expectation.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Stats of the Hogs

    Level 1 Hog
    Hits: 30 Combat: 10 Defence: 3 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 40s
    Special: Heavy, Forest capable, Feral Rager

    Feral Rager - The closer a unit with this special is to being croaked the more dangerous they become. Each time the unit loses a hit its combat value is raised by that same amount
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Scout Bond (with helmet), please scout the obelisk hex ahead. If you success in your stealth, and Uncroaked don't begin to move to attack you, attempt to mentally order 1 Uncroaked to move away. After that, or if the uncroaked start to move to engage, retreat." You instruct.

    Bond salutes and scurries off across the hex boundary. After some time he returns. "Sire there was a full stack of uncroaked guarding the obelisk. They didn't notice me so I attempted to use the helmet as instructed but when I did two spooks came out of the Obelisk and seemed to be making spot checks so I immediately left the hex" Bond reports.

    Bond 4 move used


    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman 6 (10-4) actions 140/300 juice
    Bob 5 (10-5) actions
    Julienne 0 (2-2) actions
    Woody 1 (8-7) actions
    Jessie 2 (8-6) actions
    The Luggage 4 (16-12) actions
    Billie 22 actions
    Suresh 8 actions
    Gopher 0 (8-8) actions
    Bond 4 (8-4) actions
    Scout 1 0 (8-8) actions
    Scout 2 0 (8-8) actions
    Scout 3 4 (8-4) actions
    Scout 4 0 (8-8) actions
    Bowie 10 actions
    Durp 4 (10-6) actions
    Burp 10 actions
    Messenger bird 1 0 actions (12-12)
    Messenger bird 2 12 actions
    Mahogany 8 actions 50/50 juice
    Hog 1 8 actions
    Hog 2 8 actions
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Bowie, Bob, how does stack bonus work? How much do you get with a 2-stack, 3-stack, 4-stack, 5-stack, 6-stack, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ?" you question.

    Both units look at you in puzzlement as though they had never thought of such a thing before. You therefore begin forming stacks having other units stack with you and you begin to notice the following pattern as you increase units to your stack.

    0,1,1,2,3,4,5,6,4,2,1,0

    Furthermore, we notice the Warlords armour is about as good as Bob's. Yes it would be better than Bowie's and increase his defence by 1.

    "Bowie, want me to resize this black armor for you? You'd look BAD-ASS in it " You offer.

    Bowie gives a big smirk and nods his head.

    (Ok looking back it seems I charged you 1 action to resize a set of armour. As Erfman's actions seem more precious than juice I will charge you 10 juice instead)
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Which of these do you feel comfortable with to wield in battle?" You ask Mahogany as you show her the inventory. With a thoughtful look she selects a spear and takes a handful of fruit seeds.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Forming a max stack with Bob, Billie, Bowie, Burp, Durp, Mahogany and the two hogs you slowly march forwards heading for the hex boundary that will take you to the hex with the obelisk. As you approach you feel no small amount of trepidation, the last fight you had with a spook had been tough and now you go to fight two at once.

    As you cross the hex boundary the large pillar like obelisk immediately come in to view, it is pointing to the heavens and is currently pulsing with dark energy that radiates all over its surface. Two Spooks hover around its peak looking darker than the last time you saw one as they seem to draw in and feed upon the energy that the tower is producing.

    At the obelisks base stands a lose ring of skeletal uncroaked each with a jagged blade drawn. As you enter the hex there heads all seem to turn as one to look straight at you.

    All units 2 move used
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 1

    With a cry of "For Fanon!" Bob leads the front rank of your stack in a charge against the defensive line of the uncroaked stabbers. As soon as Bowie is close enough he hurls his axe up in to the air where it flies straight towards the pair of hovering spooks. His aim is true and the axes flies straight through one of the spooks dealing 5 hits as it does so.

    Bob mounted on Billie then slams in to the uncroaked stack, so powerful is the pairs charge that two of the uncroaked are brought down by their charge and crumble in to a pile of bones. The two Hogs then slam in to the enemy stack knocking an uncroaked back as they slam their heads in to it dealing 3 hits.

    The second rank then more cautiously follow up behind the first, Mahogany reaches over the back of one of the Hogs and lunges with her spear though she misses her target completely.

    You meanwhile take the oppertunity to take a swipe at an uncroaked that does not seem to be paying attention and you land a glancing blow dealing a single hit.

    Durp and Burp then edge round the flanks slashing with their axes managing to deal four hits between them dropping another uncroaked.

    Back at the top of the Obelisk one of the Spooks fades from sight completely while the second seems to begin drawing energy from the tower and syphoning it into itself.

    The uncroaked then fight back with a barage of sword swipes aimed towards your stack. Both hogs find thier sides slashed as they each lose a single hit. Bob meanwhile is able to tug at the reigns and pull Billie away from harm though he is hit by a glancing blow as he does so losing 2 hits. Finally Bowie is thankful for his new armour as the majority of the swipes bounce off or are deflected by the armour though he loses 3 hits.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfaman's Warband

    Hog 1 29/30 hits
    Hog 2 29/30 hits
    Bob 13/15 hits
    Billie 23/23 hits
    Bowie 12/15 hits
    Mahoganny 5/5 hits 50/50 juice
    Erfman 6/6 hits 130/300 juice
    Durp 5/5 hits
    Burp 5/5 hits

    [Dark Ones Uncroaked]

    Stabber 1 - dusted
    Stabber 2 - dusted
    Stabber 3 - dusted
    Stabber 4 - 3 hits dealt
    Stabber 5 -
    Stabber 6 -
    Stabber 7 -
    Stabber 8 -

    Spook 1 - 5 hits dealt - syphoning energy
    Spook 2 - veiled
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 2

    With only one Spook in sight Bowie hurls his axe once again clipping the Spooks etheral form for a second time dealing a further 2 hits, the Spook however seems to completely ignore this and continues to draw energy from the obelisk as it now starts to throb with dark energy much like the tower is.

    A haunted gut wrenching wail then announces the presence of the second Spook. Your eyes widen in shock and surprise as you realize the wail came from behind you. Before you even turn round you are slammed in to by a blast of foul energy and hurled forwards in to the middle of the uncroaked. The uncroaked raise their blades ready to croak you and your turns since popping flash before your eyes. At the last moment however Bob wades in and dusts the uncroaked that was about to separate your head from your shoulders. There is then a chaotic melee as blows are exchanged between your stack and the enemy stack. Between the Gobwins and the Hogs efforts your stack manages to dust another uncroaked. Bob and Bowie however suffers 1 hit each in return and one of the hogs is sliced for 2 hits.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman's Warband

    Hog 1 27/30 hits
    Hog 2 29/30 hits
    Bob 12/15 hits
    Billie 23/23 hits
    Bowie 11/15 hits
    Mahoganny 5/5 hits 50/50 juice
    Erfman 1/6 hits 130/300 juice
    Durp 5/5 hits
    Burp 5/5 hits

    [Dark Ones Uncroaked]

    Stabber 1 - dusted
    Stabber 2 - dusted
    Stabber 3 - dusted
    Stabber 4 - dusted
    Stabber 5 - dusted
    Stabber 6 -3 hits dealt
    Stabber 7 -
    Stabber 8 -

    Spook 1 - 7 hits dealt - syphoning energy
    Spook 2 - levitating out of melee range

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    CyperWizWurmD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2019

    Default Re: Erfman the Barbarian

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Mahogany can you cast a Hoboken?" you ask. The Dwyad gives you a sad look and shakes her head.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 3

    Bowie once again hurls his axe up towards the Spook however this time you support him as you cry. "Hoboken!" your blast of raw shockamancy flies through the air and slams into the spook with a fizzling noise dealing 6 hits. Your blast is soon followed by Bowie's axe which chips away a further 2 hits as it flies through the Spook.

    For good or bad you finally seem to have drawn the Spooks attention and it drifts away from the obelisk. The Spook begins to glow with dark energy as it lets out a deafening wail. Darkness then seems to explode out of the Spook and washes over the entire hex in a wave. You are just about to start wondering what exactly that did when the piles of bones upon the ground of the dusted uncroaked begin to move and reform. Out of the five already dusted uncroaked four climb back to their feet.

    The second Spook then seems to rush towards your stack however as it gets close instead of charging at you it flies in to one of the uncroaked and disappears inside. The bones of that uncroaked begins to darken and a black energy can be seen inside the sockets of the skull.

    With the uncroaked reforming your stack begins a desperate attempt to smash them to pieces once again.

    Leading the counter attack Bob swiftly dusts one of the uncroaked with a spear through the skull. The raging Hogs meanwhile completely batter another one to pieces while the Gobwins also chop one down to size.

    The dark uncroaked strides straight towards you with a menacing aura leading the remaining uncroaked your way. Fortunately for you Bob and the two Hogs block their path.

    The dark uncroaked swings it's sword opening up a large cut in the side of a Hog dealing 4 hits. The second Hog suffers a similar fate as it is struck by a regular uncroaked losing 3 hits. Bob and Billie do not escape harm either as two uncroaked focus on them as well. Billie is slashed for 4 hits, while Bob is struck by a glancing blow losing a single hit



    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman's Warband

    Hog 1 23/30 hits
    Hog 2 26/30 hits
    Bob 11/15 hits
    Billie 19/23 hits
    Bowie 11/15 hits
    Mahoganny 5/5 hits 50/50 juice
    Erfman 1/6 hits 105/300 juice
    Durp 5/5 hits
    Burp 5/5 hits

    [Dark Ones Uncroaked]

    Stabber 1 - possessed -
    Stabber 2 -
    Stabber 3 -
    Stabber 4 - 1 hit dealt
    Stabber 5 - dusted
    Stabber 6 - dusted
    Stabber 7 - dusted
    Stabber 8 - dusted

    Spook 1 - 15 hits dealt - levitating
    Spook 2 - possessing uncroaked
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 4

    Ignoring the newly reanimated uncroaked you focus all of your attention on their animator. "Hoboken!" You cry releasing a second blast of raw shockamancy. At the same time Bowie hurls his axe with a grunt of effort. Both attacks slam in to the Spook each dealing 5 hits, the Spook shudders and then explodes in a cloud of black.

    Back on the ground the remainder of your stack clash with uncroaked. The Hogs are steadily growing more wild as erratic as the battle goes on and they trample one of the uncroaked dusting it. Billie meanwhile slams in to another of the uncroaked and while Bob is only able to deal a glancing blow for one hit the force of Billie's headbutt is enough to dust. Burp and Durp meanwhile team up against another uncroaked and while they manage to hit it they only deal 3 hits and it is left standing.

    The dark uncroaked meanwhile is still standing strong and attempts to fight his way past Bob in order to get within striking range of you. Bob however is having none of it and he is able to deflect away every single strike. One of the Hogs meanwhile blocks the path of an ordinary uncroaked though he is forced to use his body in order to do so and ends up losing 3 hits as he is struck by a sword.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman's Warband

    Hog 1 20/30 hits
    Hog 2 26/30 hits
    Bob 11/15 hits
    Billie 19/23 hits
    Bowie 11/15 hits
    Mahoganny 5/5 hits 50/50 juice
    Erfman 1/6 hits 80/300 juice
    Durp 5/5 hits
    Burp 5/5 hits

    [Dark Ones Uncroaked]

    Stabber 1 - possessed -
    Stabber 2 - dusted
    Stabber 3 - dusted
    Stabber 4 - 3 hits dealt
    Stabber 5 - dusted
    Stabber 6 - dusted
    Stabber 7 - dusted
    Stabber 8 - dusted

    Spook 1 - dusted
    Spook 2 - possessing uncroaked
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 5

    With only two opponents left you push in on the uncroaked surrounding them. The wild Hogs slam straight into one uncroaked quickly dusting it from the force of the blows.

    With just the one opponent left your best warriors close in. Bowie lands a telling blow smashing ribs with his axe and dealing 4 hits which is then immediately followed up by Bob who deals a single hit though it is enough to drop the uncroaked.

    While the body of the uncroaked drops the Spook remains in place now surrounded by your stack. You focus on the warlords helmet and while you can sense the presence of the Spook a little more strongly than normal nothing else seems to happen. Burp and Durp then lunge in only managing to land a single blow between them dealing 2 hits. The Dwyad's spear meanwhile passes straight through the spook doing absolutely nothing.

    The Spook then wails releasing a blast of croakamantic energy at you. Bob however moves infront and attempts to bat it away with his spear. While he prevents you from being harmed he takes 2 hits in the process.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman's Warband

    Hog 1 20/30 hits
    Hog 2 26/30 hits
    Bob 9/15 hits
    Billie 19/23 hits
    Bowie 11/15 hits
    Mahoganny 5/5 hits 50/50 juice
    Erfman 1/6 hits 80/300 juice
    Durp 5/5 hits
    Burp 5/5 hits

    [Dark Ones Uncroaked]

    Stabber 1 - dusted
    Stabber 2 - dusted
    Stabber 3 - dusted
    Stabber 4 - dusted
    Stabber 5 - dusted
    Stabber 6 - dusted
    Stabber 7 - dusted
    Stabber 8 - dusted

    Spook 1 - dusted
    Spook 2 - 2 hits dealt
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 6

    With the Spook surrounded you and Mahogany back away slightly with the Hogs following suit in order to screen for you. The rest of your stack crowds around the Spook and begin a barrage of attacks attacking from all sides. Bob manages to plunge his spear in to the Spook's ethereal form dealing 2 hits, Bowie has a run of bad luck and completely misses though his Gobwins are much more fortunate and are able to deal 5 hits between them.

    Having survived the onslaught the Spook begins to float upwards as it inhales, levitating out of reach the Spook lets out another ghostly wail as it fires a blast of energy down towards Bowie. Most of the damage is absorbed by Bowie's armour but he still loses 2 hits.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman's Warband

    Hog 1 20/30 hits
    Hog 2 26/30 hits
    Bob 9/15 hits
    Billie 19/23 hits
    Bowie 9/15 hits
    Mahogany 5/5 hits 50/50 juice
    Erfman 1/6 hits 80/300 juice
    Durp 5/5 hits
    Burp 5/5 hits

    [Dark Ones Uncroaked]

    Stabber 1 - dusted
    Stabber 2 - dusted
    Stabber 3 - dusted
    Stabber 4 - dusted
    Stabber 5 - dusted
    Stabber 6 - dusted
    Stabber 7 - dusted
    Stabber 8 - dusted

    Spook 1 - dusted
    Spook 2 - 9 hits dealt - levitating
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 7

    With the Spook hovering overhead you leave the job of dusting it to Bowie. With a grunt of effort the Gobwin chief hurls his axe however this time the spook merely drifts out of the way. Getting a bit eager to end the fight quickly and you order one of the Hogs to launch Durp at the Spook. Durp climbs on to the Hogs back and then the Hog bucks with all its might launching the gobwin in to the air. The Spook however has other ideas and as soon as the Gobwin gets close it lets out a frightful wail launching Durp backwards and dealing him 2 hits. As Durp then hits the ground he loses a further hit.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman's Warband

    Hog 1 20/30 hits
    Hog 2 26/30 hits
    Bob 9/15 hits
    Billie 19/23 hits
    Bowie 9/15 hits
    Mahogany 5/5 hits 50/50 juice
    Erfman 1/6 hits 80/300 juice
    Burp 5/5 hits


    Durp 2/5 hits - unstacked

    [Dark Ones Uncroaked]

    Stabber 1 - dusted
    Stabber 2 - dusted
    Stabber 3 - dusted
    Stabber 4 - dusted
    Stabber 5 - dusted
    Stabber 6 - dusted
    Stabber 7 - dusted
    Stabber 8 - dusted

    Spook 1 - dusted
    Spook 2 - 9 hits dealt - levitating
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 8

    Battered and bruised Durp hurriedly scrambles to rejoin the stack. Bowie meanwhile growls in annoyance as he throws the axe once again, his aim is slightly better this time and he clips the Spook dealing 1 hit. The Spook however takes offense at this and turns its attention on to Bowie with yet another shriek it releases a blast of croakamantic energy that slams in to the Gobwin chief dealing 3 hits.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman's Warband

    Hog 1 20/30 hits
    Hog 2 26/30 hits
    Bob 9/15 hits
    Billie 19/23 hits
    Bowie 6/15 hits
    Mahogany 5/5 hits 50/50 juice
    Erfman 1/6 hits 80/300 juice
    Burp 5/5 hits


    Durp 2/5 hits - unstacked

    [Dark Ones Uncroaked]

    Stabber 1 - dusted
    Stabber 2 - dusted
    Stabber 3 - dusted
    Stabber 4 - dusted
    Stabber 5 - dusted
    Stabber 6 - dusted
    Stabber 7 - dusted
    Stabber 8 - dusted

    Spook 1 - dusted
    Spook 2 - 10 hits dealt - levitating
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 9

    Seeing that Bowie was struggling to take the last Spook down quickly you decide to step in. "Hoboken!" You cry at the same time Bowie hurls his axe once again. Just like earlier both attack slam in to the Spook at once, your blast of raw shockamancy dealing 6 hits while Bowie's axe does 3. The Spook shudders in response and then explodes in a cloud of black. With the last opponent dusted you sigh in relief.

    Congratulations you have won the battle. Exp gained

    Erfman has leveled up to level 4
    Bowie has leveled up to level 3


    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman's Warband

    Hog 1 20/30 hits
    Hog 2 26/30 hits
    Bob 9/15 hits
    Billie 19/23 hits
    Bowie 6/15 hits
    Mahoganny 5/5 hits 50/50 juice
    Erfman 1/6 hits 55/300 juice
    Burp 5/5 hits


    Durp 2/5 hits - unstacked

    [Dark Ones Uncroaked]

    Stabber 1 - dusted
    Stabber 2 - dusted
    Stabber 3 - dusted
    Stabber 4 - dusted
    Stabber 5 - dusted
    Stabber 6 - dusted
    Stabber 7 - dusted
    Stabber 8 - dusted

    Spook 1 - dusted
    Spook 2 - dusted
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Searching among the remains of the uncroaked you are able to collect up 8 swords.

    8 Stabber swords gained
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Turn 13 - in progress

    Side: Fanon

    Capital: Fanon City

    Income: 500s / turn
    Production: 50
    Spoiler
    Show
    Units available to pop;
    Stabber (20) 5/10/4/8
    Piker (20) 5/5/5/8 [Piker Defence]
    Archer (20) 5/11/3/8 [Archery]
    Scout (7) 2/2/2/8 [Scout]

    Tower: Level 1, Juice Charge: 0
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dollamantic converter: The tower is able to convert schmuckers to power Golems. Dollamancy Golems may pay upkeep in schmuckers or juice.
    Caster Bonus: Spells cast while in the tower are cast at caster level +1

    Walls: Level 1
    City Zone:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dwellings
    Barracks
    Storehouse
    Dollamancy Workshop - (Dollamancy crafting time reduced by 10%)

    Dungeons: Level 0
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cells: 1 (crude cavern, low security) Capacity 0/2

    Garison:

    Treasury: 1s


    Spoiler
    Show


    Stats


    King Erfman
    Level 4 Dollamancer
    (Adept)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 7 (2+3+2) Defence: 1 (2-1) Move: 12 (8+4) Juice: 155/400
    Upkeep: 150s
    Special: Caster, Command, Infected
    Purse: 0s
    Equipped: Craftman's +1 Hammer, Motion Goggles
    Exp: 23/800


    Sir Bob
    Level 3 Lancer (Knight)

    Hits: 15 Combat: 24 (17+6+1) Defence: 6 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 40s
    Special: Piker defence, Lancer, Knight
    Equipped: Pikers +1 Spear
    Exp: 173/400


    Heavy Dervish Golem
    Hits: 30 Combat: 43 Defence: 6 Move: 0
    Juice Charge: 100/300
    Upkeep: 100 juice
    Special: Garrison, Heavy, Dervish Dance


    Woody
    Reinforced Wood Golem

    Hits:8/ 22 Combat: 12 (10+2) Defence: 6 Move: 8
    Juice Charge: 35/100
    Upkeep: 30 juice
    Special: Heavy
    Equipped: +1 Animated Gobwin Axe


    Jessie
    Wood Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 10 (9+1) Defence: 5 (4+1) Move: 8
    Juice Charge: 20/100
    Upkeep: 20 juice
    Equipped: modified Piker armor, crude Gobwin Axe


    The Luggage
    Luggage Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 5 Defence: 3 Move: 16
    Juice Charge: 12/100
    Upkeep: 23 juice
    Special: Carnyed - Bigger on the inside, Dollamancy - moving parts, Capture, Mountain Capable


    Billie
    Level 2 War Goat

    Hits: 23 (20+3) Combat: 15 Defence: 4 Move: 22 (20+2)
    Upkeep: 40
    Special: Self Sufficient, Mountain Capable, Heavy, WarMount (1 rider 1 passenger)
    Equipped: Woolly Saddle
    Exp: 173/200


    Suresh
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 8/100


    Gopher
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 8/100


    Bond
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Equiped: Magic Helm (unidentified)
    Exp: 18/100


    Unnamed
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 0/100


    Unnamed
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 9/100


    Unnamed
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 8/100


    Unnamed
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 8/100


    Chief Bowie
    Level 3 Gobwin Chief (Knight)

    Hits: 15 Combat: 26 (19+6+1) Defence: 5 (4+1) Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 100s
    Special: Natural Ally Chief, Command, Knight, Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting
    Equipped: +1 Gobwin Axe, Dark Breastplate
    Exp: 39/400


    Durp
    Level 2 Gobwin

    Hits: 5 Combat: 10 (7+2+1) Defence: 2 ( 3-1) Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 20s
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting, Infected
    Equipped: +1 Gobwin Axe
    Exp: 89/200


    Burp
    Level 2 Gobwin

    Hits: 5 Combat: 10 (7+2+1) Defence: 2 (3-1) Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 20s
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting, Infected
    Equipped: +1 Gobwin Axe
    Exp: 89/200


    Level 1 Hog
    Hits: 30 Combat: 10 Defence: 3 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 40
    Special: Forest Capable, Heavy, Feral Rager
    Exp: 50/100


    Level 1 Hog
    Hits: 30 Combat: 10 Defence: 3 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 40
    Special: Forest Capable, Heavy, Feral Rager
    Exp: 50/100


    Mahogany
    Level 1 Dwyad

    Hits:5 Combat: 3 (2+1) Defence: 2 Move: 8 Juice: 50/50
    Upkeep: 100s
    Special: Natural Caster (Flower Power / Datamancy), Forest capable
    Equipped: Piker Spear
    Exp: 50/100


    Knitted Messenger Bird
    Hits: 1 Combat: 1 Defence: 1 Move: 12
    Juice Charge: 50/50
    Upkeep: 4 juice
    Special: Flight


    Knitted Messenger Bird
    Hits: 1 Combat: 1 Defence: 1 Move: 12
    Juice Charge: 50/50
    Upkeep: 4 juice
    Special: Flight

    In the Magic Kingdom



    Dotti Crosst
    Level 2 Signamancer
    (Novice)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 3 (2+1) Defence: 2 Move: 10 (8+2) Juice: 200/200
    Upkeep: 150s
    Special: Caster, Command
    Exp: 100/200

    Inventory

    Powerball x1
    Shockamancy Gem x1

    Fruit x7
    Deseeded fruit x 20
    Fruit seeds x30
    Meat rations x4
    Arkenfiend Mushroom x1

    Stone x12
    Pebbles x1
    Wood x16
    Wool x0
    Metal Ore x0
    Branches from a Bush x1
    Goat Hide x1

    Piker Spears x6
    Archer Bows x8
    Stabber Swords x14
    Warlords sword x1
    Ogwe Club x1
    Bobwin axe +1 x2
    Crude Gobwin axe x5
    Shears x1
    Harvesting claw x1
    Tent x1

    Leather case x1
    Fanon area map x1

    [Warlord Prisoner - Grim]

    Scouting
    Spoiler
    Show


    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Compilation of Game Thread)

    You slowly make your way up to the obelisk to investigate, now that you have time to properly look at it you realize just how big it is. It rises skyward easily as tall as a city tower. The obelisk itself seems to be made out of a light grey smooth stone and it's entire surface is covered in strange runes. Whoever made this structure was obviously a master in their art. After some investigation you realize the obelisk goes further and is actually sprouting out of the ground. Your caster senses allow you to work out that the obelisk is drawing juice from somewhere and then converting it to croakamantic energy. The obelisk then becomes charged and saturated in this energy which you can see as a pulsing black energy. The croakamantic energy is then released in to the air flooding the hex with croakamantic energy before it radiates out in to the surrounding hexes.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    You tunnel down with one of the Gobwins in a spiral that follows around the outside of the obelisk. You have to dig for quite a long way and it takes a long time but you eventually hit bedrock and can go no further. The Obelisk seems to be coming out of the bedrock itself.

    You currently own the obelisk. It counts as a structure. You may attempt to raze it like you could with a farm or city.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Mahogany, what do you feel from this obelisk if you touch it? Does it cause the decay in nature in these hexes, or do you believe it can be used by you or us to restore the hexes back to life? If we need to, we can destroy it. " you question.

    Mahogany has a thoughtful look for a few moments before slowly reaching out and touching the side of the obelisk. Dark energy as if drawn out by her touch suddenly flows out of the stone and begins spiraling up her arm. Mahogany jumps back in shock and quickly pulls her arm away. Once she is far enough away the energy drifts back in to the obelisk. Other than being frightened the Dwyad seems unharmed.


    Erfman in the meanwhile studies the flow of energy through the bedrock and traces where it comes from exactly. He wonders if it acts as a magnifier for the Croakamantic energy.
    The obelisk somehow seems to drawing up pure raw unrefined juice up through the bedrock. It is not until it is inside the obelisk itself that juice begins to change in to croakamantic energy.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Investing a sizeable dollop of juice you continue to investigate the obelisk. The first thing you realise is that while the Obelisk itself is giving off croakamantic energy there is a lot more going on beneath the surface. You are fairly certain that dirtamancy was involved in the obelisks construction and you detect the presence of Shockamancy, changeamancy and even carnamancy still active within the obelisk. There may still be more magics active but these are the strongest that you can detect.

    As a Dollamancer your primary area of expertise is motion and as you continue to study the tower you discover that in the wall of the structure is something that was designed to move. Borrowing the spear from Mahogany you nudge a particular area that has drawn your attention with the staff of the spear. There is an audible click and a well concealed door swings open from the point that you struck. Carefully glancing inside you spot a number of strange, cogs, pieces of metal and stones lining the inside of the obelisk. There is also a ladder inside that leads straight up and out of sight...

    Erfman 50 juice used
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    With a mental command you order in a messenger bird from outside the hex. You have to wait for a bit but you soon see the knitted yellow form flying towards you.

    Messenger bird 2 move used

    Keeping the door propped open you direct the little bird inside, it flies in then up the inside of the obelisk and out of sight. While this is going on you take back your motion sensing goggles and peer inside the open doorway. You can see that the space inside the obelisk is rather narrow and there would only be enough room for a single light unit to squeeze up the ladder at a time. You notice that energy seems to be travelling through the walls but it does not seem to jump between the space between the walls.

    After a while the little messenger bird flies back down and lands in front of you seemingly unharmed.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Having taken whatever reasonable measures you can think of to ensure it is safe to do so you step inside. Placing your hand on the ladder you find the metal cold to the touch, as you begin to climb you notice that black energy is beginning to seep out of the walls and gather around your body, clinging to your form, while it does not hurt you it does make you feel somewhat strange.

    Stop and head back or keep climbing?
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Playing on the side of caution you quickly scramble back down the ladder and out the open door. As soon as you start moving away from the obelisk the black energy begins to drift away and return to where it came from.

    "Mahogany, is the dark energy dangerous? Did you feel a corruption or harmful effect when it touched you? And could you possibly keep me safe from it with your Flower Power magics?" you question.

    Mahogany has a confused and slightly nervous look on her face, she glances between you and the tower before shrugging her shoulders obviously unsure.

    Wanting to experiment you call one of the scouts in from outside of the hex and a short while later Buster jogs in to view.

    Buster 2 move used

    You instruct Buster to place his hand on the tower and he obediently does so. When black energy starts coming out he pulls his hand away in surprise but seeing the look you give him he then places it on the tower once again.

    Round 1

    Black energy begins to creep up Buster's arm.

    Round 2

    "I feel a bit strange Sire..." Buster declares as the black energy is starting to swirl around his entire body.

    Round 3

    "My skin it's all tingly Sire..." Buster then adds


    Keep going?
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Ahm, we have our Goggles on, and are extremely attentive, what are we perceiving?
    - The energy is definitely croakamantic

    - The energy is starting to be absorbed through Busters skin, you do not think he has absorbed nearly enough to make him explode.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    After warring with himself

    "Ok step back Buster." You call out and no sooner do you say it that Buster hastily jumps back and sighs with relief. As soon as he moves away from the obelisk the black energy begins to fade and Buster returns to normal.

    Deciding the safest option would be to raze the obelisk you first decide to workout what it's worth. Trying your hand at a bit of moneymancy once again you cast a basic valuation spell and come up with a value of 2,500 schmuckers! The obelisk is worth as much as a city!

    Erfman 10 juice used

    Backing away to the relative safety of the edge of the hex you then give the command for the obelisk to be razed. As soon as the order is given the obelisk seems to implode inwards before crumbling down towards the ground until it disappears from view completely leaving no evidence that it had ever been there before.

    Obelisk razed. 1,000 schmuckers gained!
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Great job Buster, you were brave! Want to the the first of the Scout Knights??" You declare.

    "It would be an honour Sire!" Buster replies standing tall and proud. As you talk to Buster you inspect his condition using both your ruler and caster senses, he seems perfectly healthy and unnaffected by the croakamantic energies now that they have been removed.

    Heading back across the hex boundary you return to the Luggage and climb inside.

    Warband 2 move used

    The Luggage then sets off heading to the south east bringing you to the ruins of the farm hex.

    The Luggage 2 move used

    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman 4 (12-8) actions 95/300 juice
    Bob 1 (10-9) actions
    Julienne 0 (2-2) actions
    Woody 1 (8-7) actions
    Jessie 2 (8-6) actions
    The Luggage 2 (16-14) actions
    Billie 18 (22-4) actions
    Suresh 8 actions
    Gopher 0 (8-8) actions
    Bond 4 (8-4) actions
    Scout 1 0 (8-8) actions
    Scout 2 0 (8-8) actions
    Buster 0 (8-8) actions
    Scout 4 0 (8-8) actions
    Bowie 6 (10-4) actions
    Durp 0 (10-10) actions
    Burp 6 (10-4) actions
    Messenger bird 1 0 (12-12) actions
    Messenger bird 2 8 (12-4) actions
    Mahogany 4 (8-4) actions 50/50 juice
    Hog 1 4 (8-4) actions
    Hog 2 4 (8-4) actions
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    It would cost 500s to promote Bob to warlord it would then cost a further 500s to promote Bob to chief warlord.

    Upgrading Fanon to level 2 would cost 4,000s

    Gobwins cost 25s each, they will pop during the night after you pay the chief
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Mahogany we will be repairing the farm. Can you assist with your magic in any way to make it more productive?" You question.

    The Dwyad nods in response to this and waits for orders.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    You direct your units to start repairing the farm with the wood you recently harvested. Lacking proper tools they end up using the Gobwin axes and borrowing the Craftman's hammer to do so. While your units are are hard at work you then turn to Mahogany.

    "Mahogany they will rebuild the farm please assist in whatever manner you are able as you see fit." you declare.

    Mahogany gives you a smile and a nod before stepping forwards and beginning to cast.

    Bob 1 action used, Woody 1 action used, Jessie 2 actions used, Suresh 8 actions used. 10 units of wood used. Level 1 farm obtained!

    Mahogany 4 actions and 50 juice used

    Farm level 1 (enhanced growth): Rations produced per turn: 6 (5+1). Rations produced in this farm will automatically appear in the storehouse in Fanon. Cost to upgrade 200s. Harvestable resources straw.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman 4 (12-8) actions 95/300 juice
    Bob 0 (10-10) actions
    Julienne 0 (2-2) actions
    Woody 0 (8-8) actions
    Jessie 0 (8-8) actions
    The Luggage 2 (16-14) actions
    Billie 18 (22-4) actions
    Suresh 0 (8-8) actions
    Gopher 0 (8-8) actions
    Bond 4 (8-4) actions
    Scout 1 0 (8-8) actions
    Scout 2 0 (8-8) actions
    Buster 0 (8-8) actions
    Scout 4 0 (8-8) actions
    Bowie 6 (10-4) actions
    Durp 0 (10-10) actions
    Burp 6 (10-4) actions
    Messenger bird 1 0 (12-12) actions
    Messenger bird 2 8 (12-4) actions
    Mahogany 0 (8-8) actions 0/50 juice
    Hog 1 4 (8-4) actions
    Hog 2 4 (8-4) actions
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Sending out a messenger bird on a short scouting run you do not have to wait long until your ruler senses alert you to something unexpected.

    Your unit has encountered an unclaimed mine. Would you like to claim the mine?
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by WurmD
    "Uuh Bowie? The mine over there is unclaimed. Should the bird claim it for us? Will it produce stuff every turn even without you actively mining it? (if so, what?)"
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Mines owned by sides passively produce schmuckers..." Bowie explains.
    *bird, claim the mine and continue*

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Mine claimed

    Mine level 2: Schmuckers produced per turn: 100. schmuckers produced by this mine will automatically appear in the treasury. Cost to upgrade 200s. Mineable resources; Gems, Ore, Coal, ???

    Your ruler senses alert you that the bird has finished its journey and you send out Bob to collect it. After sometime Bob returns from his trip through the mountains with little to report.

    Messenger bird 8 move used. Billie 18 move used

    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman 4 (12-8) actions 95/300 juice
    Bob 0 (10-10) actions
    Julienne 0 (2-2) actions
    Woody 0 (8-8&) actions
    Jessie 0 (8-8) actions
    The Luggage 2 (16-14) actions
    Billie 0 (22-22) actions
    Suresh 0 (8-8) actions
    Gopher 0 (8-8) actions
    Bond 4 (8-4) actions
    Scout 1 0 (8-8) actions
    Scout 2 0 (8-8) actions
    Buster 0 (8-8) actions
    Scout 4 0 (8-8) actions
    Bowie 6 (10-4) actions
    Durp 0 (10-10) actions
    Burp 6 (10-4) actions
    Messenger bird 1 0 (12-12) actions
    Messenger bird 2 0 (12-12) actions
    Mahogany 0 (8-8) actions 0/50 juice
    Hog 1 4 (8-4) actions
    Hog 2 4 (8-4) actions
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Bowie, we have claimed a level 2 mine to the south, near to your old mine. Do you think it is safe to mine there, given the presence of the Wyrm? How many Gobwin could it support do you think, could they provide their own upkeep and more? And importantly, how many more men or Gobwins would we need to take the Wyrm down should it be necessary?" You question as you turn to chief Bowie.

    "That mine is actually the old Fanon mine and it is where we used to do most of our mining. Where you met me were the Gobwin caves, while it is possible for tunneller units to mine there we chose that as our home due to its increased pop rate for feral Gobwins" Bowie reveals. "When we were not allied we made upkeep by pillaging the mine, mining for gems and hunting feral goats... If you find gems or not depends on how lucky you are so it is hard to guess how many units might be able to support themselves through mining..." Bowie continues. "Not sure what we would need to croak the Dwagon Wurm but it was strong... Easily stronger than that Ogew..." Bowie answers.


    Suddenly thinking of something else you turn to speak to Mahogany.
    "Mahogany, have you eaten this turn already? Do these fruit sustain you for a turn as they sustain me?" you question.

    Mahogany smiles and nods twice in response.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    If a command unit manages Fanon you get a 10% boost to both income and production.

    It would take a command unit 6 actions to manage a city and they must both start and end turn in that city.

    Wiz *Erfman ponders on the nature of scrolls, how could he make a scroll of Repair, for instance*
    A caster can create a scroll by spending 50s in resources and the juice that would be required to cast the spell you want to make a scroll of. The light repair spell that you have been using for example would cost 25 juice and 50s to make a scroll of.


    "Buster, I have some questions about your skills. First of all, what is your chance of hiding when troops pass through a hex, or even camp there? Does it depend on the number of troops? What happens if a Warlord is with the troops?" you ask Buster.

    "When I attempt to hide every unit present gets to make a spot check. Warlords have a better chance of successfully making a spot check. Here I'll show you the numbers... Buster replies as he picks up a quill and starts writing out the mechanics.

    Spot checks

    Normal units

    1 + (Unit making spot checks level) - (stealth unit hidings level) = % chance to spot unit

    Command units

    [1+(Unit making spot checks level) - (stealth unit hidings level)] x 5 = % chance to spot unit

    Special units (lookamancers, scouts etc)

    [1+(Unit making spot checks level) - (stealth unit hidings level)] x 15 = % chance to spot unit
    "Alright Bob, close your eyes. Buster, hide in this hex. Once you're gone, I'll let Bob do a spot check to search for you. Let's repeat this process 5 times and see what it gives. Then I'll close my eyes while you hide 5 times to see if I can do better than Bob." You then instruct.

    Buster then goes and hides, Bob despite his best efforts is unable to find the scout. When you try you are able to find him 2 out of 5 times.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    With a mental command you order the upgrade of the mine and instantly 200 schmuckers vanishes from the treasury.

    Mine level 3: Schmuckers produced per turn: 150. schmuckers produced by this mine will automatically appear in the treasury. Cost to upgrade 200s. Mineable resources; Gems, Ore, Coal, ???


    Climbing back inside the Luggage you then all head back to Fanon reentering the city without issue.

    The luggage 2 move used

    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman 4 (12-8) actions 95/300 juice
    Bob 0 (10-10) actions
    Julienne 0 (2-2) actions
    Woody 0 (8-8&) actions
    Jessie 0 (8-8) actions
    The Luggage 0 (16-16) actions
    Billie 0 (22-22) actions
    Suresh 0 (8-8) actions
    Gopher 0 (8-8) actions
    Bond 4 (8-4) actions
    Scout 1 0 (8-8) actions
    Scout 2 0 (8-8) actions
    Buster 0 (8-8) actions
    Scout 4 0 (8-8) actions
    Bowie 6 (10-4) actions
    Durp 0 (10-10) actions
    Burp 6 (10-4) actions
    Messenger bird 1 0 (12-12) actions
    Messenger bird 2 0 (12-12) actions
    Mahogany 0 (8-8) actions 0/50 juice
    Hog 1 4 (8-4) actions
    Hog 2 4 (8-4) actions
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman ponders and tries to estimate action cost and Juice cost of:
    - improving Hammer's action saving ability noticeably;
    - of improving Goggles juice saving ability noticeably;
    - And of improving Workshop's action saving ability noticeably.
    The workshop is a structure and can not be upgraded as a whole using Dollamancy. There may be other ways to upgrade it though...

    Improving the Hammer or goggles will cost a minimum of 8 actions and 100 juice and will be a difficult task. What improvements you will be able to make will depend on the dice roll.

    Hmmm, I figured we can keep killing Uncroaked and melting their weapons if we need ore...
    Ore makes a better crafting material than repurposed weapons.

    "Hey Bowie, does having a full stack mining confer any bonus to the mining chance? Or it's basically 8 gobwins mining individually hoping to find something juicy?" you question.

    "Stack bonus doesn't affect mining but the more Gobwins you have mining the more likely it will be that you'll find something..." Bowie replies.

    "And that Wurm.. It almost got you, how many gobwins were involved in that fight? How many fell? How many Knight Gobwins would you like to have with you to take it down? How many Knights do you guess could match that beast?" you then ask.

    "We had 13 including me and we lost 3. We weren't really fighting though just trying to get to safety" Bowie replies. "Guess I'd like a full stack of knights at least though as many as I can get really..." Bowie then adds with a noncommittal shrug obviously not sure just how many Gobwins he would need to croak it.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Assembling Bowie, Burp and Bond in your workshop you set to work improving your hammer however despite your best efforts you can't quite improve it as much as you would like. Still you are able to improve the Hammer somewhat....

    Please choose one of the following to add to the hammer

    Dollamantic focus - Dollamancy spells cast through the hammer function at level +1
    Erfman 4 actions and 90 juice used. Bowie 4 actions used. Burp 4 actions used. Bond 4 actions used.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman 0 (12-12) actions 5/300 juice
    Bob 0 (10-10) actions
    Julienne 0 (2-2) actions
    Woody 0 (8-8) actions
    Jessie 0 (8-8) actions
    The Luggage 0 (16-16) actions
    Billie 0 (22-22) actions
    Suresh 0 (8-8) actions
    Gopher 0 (8-8) actions
    Bond 0 (8-8) actions
    Scout 1 0 (8-8) actions
    Scout 2 0 (8-8) actions
    Buster 0 (8-8) actions
    Scout 4 0 (8-8) actions
    Bowie 2 (10-8) actions
    Durp 0 (10-10) actions
    Burp 2 (10-8) actions
    Messenger bird 1 0 (12-12) actions
    Messenger bird 2 0 (12-12) actions
    Mahogany 0 (8-8) actions 0/50 juice
    Hog 1 4 (8-4) actions
    Hog 2 4 (8-4) actions
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Crafting done for the day you decide to turn your hand at interrogation and head down to the dungeons where you find Julienne standing guard over a chained up Grim.

    "The treasury currently stands at one singular schmucker. What's your upkeep again?" you declare by way of greeting.

    "Less than yours I'd wager!" Grim replies. "The Dark One will be very pleased to hear that your side is so close to crumbling!" the prisoner then adds with a satisfied smile.

    "You don't fear croaking, since the Dark One would bring you back, but there is no coming back from depopment..." you declare with a small smile while playing with fruit, tossing it up and down.

    "That shows how little you know! The Dark One can bring anyone out of the box, ANYONE!" Grim counters with obvious zeal. "Besides you can't disband me... You don't have the power!" Grim adds squaring his shoulders.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman nods, glumly. "I can have you executed and then will the body to depop for what it's worth through natural moneymancy... I doubt I would get a shmucker from it. But you would go back to the box." He said with iron in his voice. "This side is young, it can not afford you to take your time realizing turning is in your best interest. I give you one last chance to make a better contribution to the Erf then the mere experience one of my units will get sending you to the Titans, with no great story to earn your way into the City of Heroes." you declare trying to convince your prisoner that his best option would be to turn.

    Grim hesitates and looks you straight in the eye obviously skeptical of what you have just said but unlike before he does not reject it outright.

    Critical success on a natural Turnamancy roll

    "If you want me to turn why have you not been torturing me..." Grim almost whispers obviously confused by the situation. "And you would take me on as a unit of your side despite knowing my allegiance to the Dark One?" Grim questions. "Why?"
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Because I would like you to turn because you feel it is in your best interest, even when you're not being maimed in a dungeon. I'm sure these aren't the methods the Dark One would employ, given your confusion... but are they worse... less in line with the words of the titans?

    I got a second chance to live, a chance to redeem myself and my old side, Fanon, that fell to your Master because it trusted him, and was backstabbed in return. See my units. I care about them, I want each to prosper and make their mark on this Erf, help make something beautiful and good. I truly hope to be able to offer you the same opportunity, to live your life, find you passion, and see the fruits of your labor benefit the side you serve. Let you meet the Titans knowing you did on this Erf all your Fate and your Numbers would suggest, and so much more. That you are more then the unit they took out of the box, a person who deserves entry into the City of Heroes...

    Your old Master only seems to think of death and destruction... of what you can do for him, rather than what he can do for you. "

    "I value the thoughts and individuality of each person of Fanon, and if you joined, you'd too make your mark and be heard as a unique and not-expendable part of this family that is Fanon."
    you declare.

    "Would you turn? Would you betray the side you were popped to just because you were captured and because of some pretty words..." Grim replies. There is little aggression in his voice surprisingly but actual honest curiosity and wanting to know. "I am a unit of the Darkside popped with both loyalty and duty to the side, what has the Dark One done that any other ruler would not do? What right do I have to betray him? The will of the Titans is to fight and win and the Dark One does that well. He has personally croaked more units and conquered more sides than any other I have ever heard of... surely he has the favour of the Titans and who am I to go against the will of the Titans..." Grim replies his voice surprisingly quiet and subdued.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "It is by the will of the Titans you have a mind, the ability to reason, the ability to weigh your Loyalties to the Dark One against those you have for the other units of the Darkside and for Yourself. Loyalty was put in place by the Titans so a Commander could judge his Overlord. Maintaining a high Loyalty to a bad ruler is as against the Will of the Titans as a low Loyalty to a good ruler.

    So tell me... besides the Dark One, how have things been going for the units of your side during his rule. Are they happy? Of healthy Signamancy? Able to use their Titan given minds and freedom without fear of unjust repercussions?"
    You argue.

    "I'm... I'm not sure...." Grim replies hesitantly. "I have not met many other units popped by the Darkside. The Dark One pops nearly exclusively warlords and they pop slowly so there are not too many of us living units spread amongst the vast amount of hexes that the Darkside covers..." Grim admits. "The Darkside is strong surely that means the Dark One is a good leader doesn't it?" Grim questions.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman nods solemnly. "I don't think so... I believe the Titans demand more of their rulers then mere strength. A Ruler has a Duty to their Side, to their Units. While the Dark One has done well for himself, it seems like the Side, it's people and culture are suffering." You declare while mentally ordering someone to bring you a book of scripture. Your units begin to search the city looking for one and eventually Gopher finds that one of the rooms in the tower is in fact a library. While the shelves are rather bare the scout does manage to find a book of canon and he scurries back to the dungeon with it. Taking the book you silently place it next to Grim before walking away.

    Once outside you begin directing your units to make a stable. Bowie and Burp begin chopping wood to size while the two Hogs are used to drag the supplies in to place. While you have a design in mind you are not able to get any further than the beginnings of a frame.

    Bowie 2 actions used, Burp 2 actions used, Hogs 8 actions used. 6 wood used

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    CyperWizWurmD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2019

    Default Re: Erfman the Barbarian

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Before the end of turn you place an hand on Julienne and charge her with your last remaining juice.

    Erfman 5 juice used

    You then go to see Bowie and hand over 150 schmuckers and give him instructions to pop 6 Gobwins that night.

    150 schmuckers spent

    With that done you finally end turn

    End of turn[/quote]

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Off Turn

    It is another tense off turn with you half expecting to be attacked at any moment. The turn slowly drags on and it eventually becomes night and by now the Darkside's turn must surely have ended yet no move seems to have been made against Fanon.

    With a sigh of relief you retire to the royal bed chamber though you have trouble settling due to intermittent twangs of pain and coughing fits. At some time in the night you are disturbed by raucous noise down below and you quickly realise the six new Gobwins have popped in to existence and are being greeted by their brethren.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Heading down to the portal room you find a tired looking scout on guard, they stand to attention as you approach. Heading in to the portal room you find that the portal is looking healthier than the last time that you saw it but there are not yet any messages that have been posted through the portal.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Turn 14

    Side: Fanon

    Capital: Fanon City

    Income: 500s / turn
    Production: 50
    Spoiler
    Show
    Units available to pop;
    Stabber (20) 5/10/4/8
    Piker (20) 5/5/5/8 [Piker Defence]
    Archer (20) 5/11/3/8 [Archery]
    Scout (7) 2/2/2/8 [Scout]

    Tower: Level 1, Juice Charge: 0
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dollamantic converter: The tower is able to convert schmuckers to power Golems. Dollamancy Golems may pay upkeep in schmuckers or juice.
    Caster Bonus: Spells cast while in the tower are cast at caster level +1

    Walls: Level 1
    City Zone:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dwellings
    Barracks
    Storehouse
    Dollamancy Workshop - (Dollamancy crafting time reduced by 10%)

    Dungeons: Level 0
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cells: 1 (crude cavern, low security) Capacity 1/2

    Garison:

    Farm level 1 (enhanced growth): Rations produced per turn: 6 (5+1). Rations produced in this farm will automatically appear in the storehouse in Fanon. Cost to upgrade 200s. Harvestable resources straw.

    Mine level 3: Schmuckers produced per turn: 150. schmuckers produced by this mine will automatically appear in the treasury. Cost to upgrade 200s. Mineable resources; Gems, Ore, Coal, ???

    Treasury: 1291s


    Spoiler
    Show

    1 - Portal room
    2 - Dungeons
    3 - Armoury
    4 - Bunk room (16 beds)
    5 -
    6 -
    7 - Bunk room (16 beds)
    8 -
    9 -
    10 - Throne Room
    11 -
    12 -
    13 -
    14 - Map room
    15 -
    16 - Royal Bed Chamber
    17 -
    18 -
    19 -
    20 -
    21 -
    22 -
    23 -
    24 - Library
    25 -
    26 -
    27 -
    28 -
    29 -
    30 -
    31 - Tower Roof


    Stats


    King Erfman
    Level 4 Dollamancer
    (Adept)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 7 (2+3+2) Defence: 1 (2-1) Move: 12 (8+4) Juice: 400/400
    Upkeep: 150s
    Special: Caster, Command, Infected
    Purse: 0s
    Equipped: Craftman's +1 Hammer (Dollamantic focus), Motion Goggles
    Exp: 38/800


    Sir Bob
    Level 3 Lancer (Knight)

    Hits: 15 Combat: 24 (17+6+1) Defence: 6 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 40s
    Special: Piker defence, Lancer, Knight
    Equipped: Pikers +1 Spear
    Exp: 173/400


    unnamed
    Level 1 Stabber

    Hits: 5 Combat: 10 Defence: 4 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 20s
    Exp: 0/100


    unnamed
    Level 1 Archer

    Hits: 5 Combat: 11 Defence: 3 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 20s
    Special: Archery
    Exp: 0/100


    Heavy Dervish Golem
    Hits: 30 Combat: 43 Defence: 6 Move: 0
    Juice Charge: 5/300
    Upkeep: 100 juice
    Special: Garrison, Heavy, Dervish Dance


    Woody
    Reinforced Wood Golem

    Hits:22 Combat: 12 (10+2) Defence: 6 Move: 8
    Juice Charge: 5/100
    Upkeep: 30 juice
    Special: Heavy
    Equipped: +1 Animated Gobwin Axe


    Jessie
    Wood Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 10 (9+1) Defence: 5 (4+1) Move: 8
    Juice Charge: 0/100
    Upkeep: 20 juice
    Equipped: modified Piker armor, crude Gobwin Axe


    The Luggage
    Luggage Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 5 Defence: 3 Move: 16
    Juice Charge: 0/100
    Upkeep: 23 juice
    Special: Carnyed - Bigger on the inside, Dollamancy - moving parts, Capture, Mountain Capable, [Inactive]


    Billie
    Level 2 War Goat

    Hits: 23 (20+3) Combat: 15 Defence: 4 Move: 22 (20+2)
    Upkeep: 40
    Special: Self Sufficient, Mountain Capable, Heavy, WarMount (1 rider 1 passenger)
    Equipped: Woolly Saddle
    Exp: 173/200


    Suresh
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 8/100


    Gopher
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 8/100


    Bond
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Equiped: Magic Helm (unidentified)
    Exp: 18/100


    Buster
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 8/100


    Unnamed
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 9/100


    Unnamed
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 0/100


    Unnamed
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 8/100


    Unnamed
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 0/100


    Chief Bowie
    Level 3 Gobwin Chief (Knight)

    Hits: 15 Combat: 26 (19+6+1) Defence: 5 (4+1) Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 100s
    Special: Natural Ally Chief, Command, Knight, Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting
    Equipped: +1 Gobwin Axe, Dark Breastplate
    Exp: 39/400


    Durp
    Level 2 Gobwin

    Hits: 5 Combat: 10 (7+2+1) Defence: 2 ( 3-1) Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 20s
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting, Infected
    Equipped: +1 Gobwin Axe
    Exp: 89/200


    Burp
    Level 2 Gobwin

    Hits: 5 Combat: 10 (7+2+1) Defence: 2 (3-1) Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 20s
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting, Infected
    Equipped: +1 Gobwin Axe
    Exp: 89/200


    unnamed
    Level 1 Gobwin

    Hits: 5 Combat: 7 Defence: 3 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 20s
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting
    Equipped: +1 Gobwin Axe
    Exp: 0/100


    unnamed
    Level 1 Gobwin

    Hits: 5 Combat: 7 Defence: 3 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 20s
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting
    Equipped: +1 Gobwin Axe
    Exp: 0/100


    unnamed
    Level 1 Gobwin

    Hits: 5 Combat: 7 Defence: 3 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 20s
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting
    Exp: 0/100


    unnamed
    Level 1 Gobwin

    Hits: 5 Combat: 7 Defence: 3 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 20s
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting
    Exp: 0/100


    unnamed
    Level 1 Gobwin

    Hits: 5 Combat: 7 Defence: 3 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 20s
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting
    Exp: 0/100


    unnamed
    Level 1 Gobwin

    Hits: 5 Combat: 7 Defence: 3 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 20s
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting
    Exp: 0/100


    Level 1 Hog
    Hits: 30 Combat: 10 Defence: 3 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 40
    Special: Forest Capable, Heavy, Feral Rager
    Exp: 50/100


    Level 1 Hog
    Hits: 30 Combat: 10 Defence: 3 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 40
    Special: Forest Capable, Heavy, Feral Rager
    Exp: 50/100


    Mahogany
    Level 1 Dwyad

    Hits:5 Combat: 3 (2+1) Defence: 2 Move: 8 Juice: 50/50
    Upkeep: 100s
    Special: Natural Caster (Flower Power / Datamancy), Forest capable
    Equipped: Piker Spear
    Exp: 55/100


    Knitted Messenger Bird
    Hits: 1 Combat: 1 Defence: 1 Move: 12
    Juice Charge: 46/50
    Upkeep: 4 juice
    Special: Flight


    Knitted Messenger Bird
    Hits: 1 Combat: 1 Defence: 1 Move: 12
    Juice Charge: 46/50
    Upkeep: 4 juice
    Special: Flight

    In the Magic Kingdom



    Dotti Crosst
    Level 2 Signamancer
    (Novice)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 3 (2+1) Defence: 2 Move: 10 (8+2) Juice: 200/200
    Upkeep: 150s
    Special: Caster, Command
    Exp: 100/200

    Inventory

    Powerball x1
    Shockamancy Gem x1

    Fruit x7
    Deseeded fruit x 20
    Fruit seeds x30
    Rations (produced by farm) x6
    Meat rations x4
    Arkenfiend Mushroom x1

    Stone x12
    Pebbles x1
    Wood x0
    Wool x0
    Metal Ore x0
    Branches from a Bush x1
    Goat Hide x1

    Piker Spears x6
    Archer Bows x8
    Stabber Swords x14
    Warlords sword x1
    Ogwe Club x1
    Bobwin axe +1 x2
    Crude Gobwin axe x5
    Shears x1
    Harvesting claw x1
    Tent x1

    Leather case x1
    Fanon area map x1

    [Warlord Prisoner - Grim]

    Scouting
    Spoiler
    Show



    What do you do?
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Not long after your turn begins a crisp white envelope with wax seal drifts through the portal.

    Good morning your highness,

    I come with good news on two fronts firstly I have made contact with a Healomancer who would be willing to sell you an elixir of health for a price of three hundred schmuckers. Secondly I have found a caster interested in your offer of employment. His name is Cadaver and he is a level one Croakamancer, he asks for payment of upkeep plus 150 schmuckers per turn though I must admit he seems rather eager so you could likely haggle his price down a bit. What should I tell both parties?

    Dotti Crosst
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Carefully writing out a reply you post it through the portal.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Dotti Crosst,

    If the Healomancer is willing to accept payment after the elixir proves itself effective against the Mummy Rot, we would be will be willing to pay that much... though perhaps lessons on how to create such an elixir would be more economical in the long run. Could you inquire whether the Healomancer would teach us? If not, we would like to propose a future price of the potions of 200 shmuckers per potion if we buy at least two.

    Please tell Cadaver we would like to give him a trial run to see if he and our side are good matches for each other. For now, we would propose to cover his upkeep for five turns and give him 150s after that time, then negotiate the terms for a more long term contract, if both parties are willing. Please let me know what you think of his Signamancy. Does he seem trustworthy?

    Additionally, what do you know of the unit type 'Dwyad'. We have met such a unit in a forest, but it seems as if she can understand Language without being able speak or write, so understanding her and her abilities is a bit limited. I hoped that as she seems to have natural hippiemancy, you might know of them and their abilities.

    Take a look at this helmet we've acquired, I can detect thinkamancy and croakamancy in it, but I haven't been able to tell what's its function.
    Can you?
    (please return it after inspection)

    Sincerely,
    King Erfman of Fanon.



    A short while later another neat looking envelope floats back through the portal.

    Dear King Erfman,

    The Healomancer insists upon payment in advance however he gives his word that the elixer will be able to cure a case of mummy rot. If you have your own healomancer he would also be willing to teach them how to create such a cure however such training would have to take place in the house of healing and he would charge 600s to provide such training. The healomancer has agreed to a discount if you buy in bulk, if you wish to buy a minimum of 3 elixirs he will charge 250s a piece and if you wish to buy a minimum of 6 he will charge 200s a piece.

    Cadaver is very eager to have something to put in his purse, I have haggled him down but the lowest he will agree to is five turns at upkeep plus 50s before going up to upkeep plus 150s. As a sign of goodwill he has assisted me identifying the helm that you sent through the portal. Apparently it provides a +1 leadership bonus to led uncroaked, Cadaver was also able to remotely see through the eyes and issue commands to one of his uncroaked.

    As for Cadavers signamancy it is not the best but that is not unusual for a naughtymancer... he is certainly desperate to make upkeep so his loyalty could well be linked to the amount of schmuckers he is able to earn.

    Dwyads are very rare units, they are natural hippymancers more likely to flee than fight. Their most commonly noted abilities relate to increasing the growth rate of plants, creating plant based traps, creating plant based units and taming feral units.

    Dotti Crosst

    "Bowie, Bob, how does a Warlord bonus work? Is it just the Warlord's level gets added to Combat? Of his Stack only?" You question.

    "A warlord is a command unit so his stack counts as led but in addition to this his level is added to the combat value of all units in his stack" Bob answers "Warlords also often gain extra specials..." he then adds.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Counts as led... what is the differences between a led and unled stack? Assuming the stacks can both hear a Warlord's orders?" You question.

    "Well a led stack will never autoengage also a led stack has a better progression of stack bonus" Bob replies as he quickly scribbles something down for you to look at.

    Stack Bonus

    Unled: 0/1/1/2/2/3/3/4 Over max stack 3/2/1/0
    Led: 0/1/1/2/3/4/5/6 Over max stack 4/2/1/0
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Carefully writing out a reply you post it through the portal.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Dotti,

    The bulk discount is a wonderful deal, and if you believe the Healomancer's word is good, I will make steps to budget the purchase of three elixirs next turn or the turn after. We don't currently possess a Healomancer, so this would be a bit tricky to manage the teaching.

    I would very much prefer a contract with Cadaver that incentivizes his personal development and growing commitment to the Kingdom of Fanon. Do you think a wage of covering his upkeep, providing him a room in the Tower of Fanon, and fifty plus twenty five fold his level shmuckers per turn in exchange for his actions, juice, and expertise would be something he would agree to. While that pay might be lower then he likes on turn six of his employment, he should find the option to have his wage exceed one hundred fifty shmuckers per turn should be appealing. Additionally, later on we would be amendable to lowering his duties and pay so that he may spend a portion of his daily efforts on creating scrolls, gear, or other things he might be able to sell or take with him at such time he wishes to leave our employment entirely.

    I am glad you are knowledgeable then, if they are rare units. I will insure that we don't harvest wood or rations from the hex she was found in, to encourage another to pop, even if it might take a while. You said they can create plant units... as in popping them, or by using Flower Power on existing plants? Does her juice reserve increase with level? Would a high level Dwayd be able to create an additional dwayd? Could we give her shmuckers to have more pop, like natural allies?
    Should you have spare juice at the end of this or a subsequent turn, we would greatly appreciate your assistance in finding a means for her to communicate that is more effectively with her then pantomime.

    A last point of interest; I have noticed a change in the appearance of my portal since we razed a magical building my enemy controlled a few hexes away. It no longer has a sinister/sickly hue. Do you detect any change for your end of the portal?

    Sincerely,
    King Erfman of Fanon.


    A short while later a crisp white envelope floats back through landing upon the smooth stone.

    Dear King Erfman,

    In my opinion the word of the healomancer can be trusted, the house of healing would lose a lot of business if they were seen to break their deals with sovereign sides so the Healomancer would have a lot to lose if he went back on his word. If you wish I shall express your interest that you will wish to make a bulk order on the future.

    Cadaver seems open to such a proposal, if you wish to pen such a contract I can enforce it through signamancy.

    I am no expert but I believe their flower power is able to convert already existing plants in to units such as turning trees in to Gumps. Again I am no expert but I believe just as a casters juice would increase with level so would a Dwyad's. I am unsure if a high level Dwyad could create another Dwyad but I do not believe that they can be popped in the same way as natural allies unfortunately. I shall give some thought in how signamancy could aid in your communication with the Dwyad unless you already have some ideas yourself...

    Your portal on this side looks the same as it always has, it is a vibrant yellow colour.

    Forgiving me for asking but will you be sending me through rations this turn or will you be paying my upkeep.

    Yours sincerely

    Dotti Crosst
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Channeling 11 juice in to the Luggage the Golem suddenly activates.

    Erfman 11 juice used
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Writing out a reply you send it through the portal.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Dotti Crosst,

    Please do so. If he can benefit from the advanced notice, it is only courteous to grant it.

    I believe that would be best. This is not a world where we can trust all units on their word, and although I would not break mine, he has no way of knowing that.

    I believe your insight in how Language interacts with the Special of Speech might be an important step of creating an item that would give her voice. My Dollamancy has granted an axe the flight special before, so I do believe this is still within the limits of my class. However I fear it might be outside the bounds of Adept grade works without a better understanding of either Language, Rhymeomancy, or Weirdamancy.

    Perhaps then, after Cadaver has joined us this turn, I will put my fears to rest and tour the Magic Kingdom this evening, meeting in person with you rather then through this limited means.

    You are forgive of course as this is wholly a matter that is my fault. I failed to notice the golem who serves to deliver needed things around the city wound down last night and as such the whole hex is running slightly behind schedule.

    Sincerely,
    King Erfman of Fanon


    A short while later an envelope floats through the portal once again.

    King Erfman,

    If you are capable of dollamancy then perhaps if we were to combine our skills we could work together to create an accessory that would translate nonverbal forms of communication that are revealed by signamancy into words. I therefore look forwards to meeting you in person.

    Thank you for the rations, meat is somewhat of a rarity in the magic kingdom so it is greatly appreciated.

    I hope to see you soon.

    Dotti Crosst
    1x Goat meet rations given away
    Mental guidelines
    - Save actions for magical tasks, have non-caster friends do non-magical tasks.
    - Save juice and actions of planned construction task for after Nightfall (and don't forget to use all the Juice before Dawn, charging Golems if leftover)
    - Claim all bodies after a battle and remove their equipment
    - For every Dollamantic endeavor: Construct in Workshop, cast in Tower.
    - Keep a unit by the portal at all times, with orders to report immediately if something comes through.
    - Keep a unit in the garrison at all times.
    - Whenever not otherwise engaged, golems guard portal and garrison instead of living units


    Luggage guidelines:
    - Keep corpses nude and boxed of to a side (separate from other gear)

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Compilation of Game Thread)

    After carefully writing out a contract you post it through the portal.

    "I apologize if the phrasing of this is rough, I do not yet have much experience with this mode of writing."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Contract of Employment between The Kingdom of Fanon and the Barbarian Croakamancer Cadaver

    Section 1 – Terms

    This magically Signed document shall be held by both signed parties in accordance with their respective naming policy. (Henceforth, "the contract".)

    The contract stands in continuous effect for all signatories from the moment this contract is Signed by those parties until severance of the contract.

    Section 2 – Identification

    Party of the first part, The Kingdom of Fanon, is a side under the rule of King Erfman with a capital city at the time of Signing The City of Fanon.

    Signatory unit for The Kingdom of Fanon shall be King Erfman, acting in capacity as King.

    Party of the second part, Cadaver, a Barbarian Croakamancer resident of the Magic Kingdom.

    Signatory unit for Cadaver shall be Croakamancer Cadaver acting in capacity as Barbarian Croakamancer.

    Section 3 - Statements

    This contract is made in recognition of these facts;
    The parties have not made prior contact.
    Neither party has Duty, Loyalty, or Obedience to one another.

    That both parties shall be bound to automagically enforced Penalties for breach of this contract.

    Section 4 - Obligations

    Cadaver agrees to act as an allied unit of The Kingdom of Fanon for the duration of the contract. During such time, Cadaver will be obligated to lend his expertise in situations, both real and speculative, and to preform his Task as per the instructions of a Commander of the Kingdom of Fanon, or barring one able to instruct him, to his best judgement of the needs and interests of The Kingdom of Fanon.

    Cadaver's Task will initially consist of use of his daily actions and juice and the daily actions and juice of any units created, animated, tamed, or otherwise acquired by Cadaver before or during the duration of this contract, to the betterment of The Kingdom of Fanon. To act as a commander over units both his own and those of The Kingdom of Fanon as needed.

    Cadaver agrees not to act in a subversive manner against the property, units or interests of The Kingdom of Fanon nor Cooperate with the Dark Side, it's Overlord the Dark One, units of the Dark Side, or agent of the Dark One or the Dark Side. Doing so will be considered a Breach of Contract.

    The Kingdom of Fanon agrees to act as an employer to Cadaver for the duration of the contract. During such time, The Kingdom of Fanon will be obligated to render on to Cadaver his Wage every day he completes his task. If The Kingdom of Fanon fails to render any part of the wage upon Cadaver on a given turn it is due, they will obligated to compensate Cadaver 110% of the undelivered amount upon the following turn. Should The Kingdom of Fanon fail to render payment for five consecutive turns, this will be considered a breach of contract.

    Cadaver's Wage will initially consist of:
    1) Rations or shmuckers sufficient to cover his upkeep
    2) A room within the Tower of Fanon for him to sleep, keep his property, or otherwise make use of
    3) A quantity of shmuckers equal to fifty plus twenty five fold his level

    The Kingdom of Fanon will ensure that Cadaver has unrestricted access to the Magic Kingdom on turns Cadaver is in the City of Fanon and is complete with their Task.

    Section 5 - Alterations

    Under the mutual and unforced agreement of both parties, Cadaver's Wage and Task can be redefined.

    Section 6 - Span

    This contract will last until such time that one party chooses to terminate it.

    After such a decision is made, Cadaver will no longer owe his Task nor be owed his Wage. For the subsequent ten turns, Cadaver has free pass through the territory of The Kingdom of Fanon, including to the Portal within the Fanon Capital. For the subsequent twenty five turns, Cadaver is still bound to not to act in a subversive manner against the property, units or interests of The Kingdom of Fanon nor Cooperate with the Dark Side, it's Overlord the Dark One, units of the Dark Side, or agent of the Dark One or the Dark Side.

    Section 7 - Breach

    The Parties agree to be bound by the universal principles, forces, actions and consequences of Signamancy, whereby the inherent magic of the contract shall serve as the sole mechanism for detecting, determining, and penalizing a breach or default of the contract's terms.
    Parties should be clear on both the wording and the intent of the contract as to their particular obligations and restrictions at the time of Signing, as these shall constitute the basis upon which a breach is automagically adjudged.

    Section 8 - Penalties

    The Penalty for failure to meet obligations (Section 4, Obligations) of Wage, on the part of The Kingdom of Fanon, remuneration into a fund to be paid to Cadaver at the time of the breach of the full of the owed debt.

    The Penalty for failure to meet obligations (Section 4, Obligations) of Task, on the part of Cadaver, shall be two days worth of juice and actions of Cadaver and all associated units, compensated only by a single turn of upkeep per turn.

    The Penalty for acting in a subversion manner or cooperation with The Kingdom of Fanon's enemy the Dark Side, shall be automagic imprisonment by the side of Fanon if they with in the same hex as units of Fanon. If they are not, they are to pay Fanon a fine of shmuckers equal to all the shmuckers in their possession, until such time they are prisoners of Fanon.

    In the event that a breach seems unavoidable or desirable, either Party may propose an alternative remedy. If, within 1 turn, both Parties are in full agreement, this remedy may be adopted in place of a penalty.

    Section 9 - Severability

    The Parties agree that breach or default of any part of the contract shall not constitute a termination of the entirety of the contract. Obligations, restrictions and penalties shall remain in place for the duration of the contract, even in the event of a breach or default of one or more of its parts. The contract is not rendered void by the subsumation of either party as a colony or unit to any other side, but in the event of the destruction of either side or signatory, the contract is voided. Neither Party may transfer their obligations to another part under any circumstances.

    Section 10 - Actions Not Considered

    Any actions not determined by the contract shall not cause the nullification of the contract.
    This contract constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to its subject matter and supersedes any other agreements between those parties written or oral.

    Section 11 - Declaration

    The contract shall be magically bound by Signamancy issued by an independent qualified barbarian Signamancer provided from the Magic Kingdom at the expense of The Kingdom of Fanon.



    Authorized Signatures

    Thus the contract is activated and executed by the will of the parties


    Erfman

    Erfman, King of Fanon

    _______________
    Cadaver, Barbarian Croakamancer


    A short while later a strange sensation washes over you as the contract is activated.[/quote]

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    The surface of the portal suddenly ripples before a unit emerges. The black clad and hooded figure offers you a respectful bow. "Greetings my lord, I am Cadaver and I am at your service..." the unit declares in a voice barely above a whisper. Cadaver steps forwards and there is a brief delay before the portal ripples once again and a small uncroaked unit suddenly appears and hops over to Cadavers side.


    Cadaver
    Level 1 Croakamancer
    (Novice)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 3 (2+1) Defence: 2 Move: 8 Juice: 100/100
    Upkeep: 150s
    Special: Caster, Command
    Equipped: Sickle
    Exp: 0/100


    Uncroaked Wabbit
    Hits: 1 Combat: 1 Defence: 1 Move: 8
    Croakamntic decay state: 9/10
    Special: uncroaked
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Greetings Cadaver, I am King Erfman, Ruler of Fanon and a Dollamancer. I welcome you to the service of The Kingdom of Fanon." You declare as you begin to lead the croakamancer up the stairs and to one of the tower's unused rooms. "This room will be yours for the duration of your employment. I'm unsure as to how lodging in the Magic Kingdom works, but whether for you use it for bed or storage, we'll respect your rights to it." You say with a warm smile. "If you don't mind me asking, how long ago were you popped?" You then question.

    "Thank you my Lord this room will be more than sufficient for my needs..." Cadaver replies as he follows after you. "I popped 77 turns ago though unfortunately my side fell shortly after that and I have spent the majority of my time trapped within the magic kingdom..." Cadaver replies quietly.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "And you are still level one... there must not be many opportunities to train or ply your craft in the Magic Kingdom." You declare.

    "There is not much demand for the skills of croakamancer in the magic kingdom and if it doesn't pay your upkeep then it is not worth wasting juice on..." Cadaver replies.

    "Can you sense where croaked bodies are? Or what about other things? " You then question.

    "If I am within the same hex as them then yes yes I can... why is there a body you need finding?" Cadaver asks in return.



    [Croakmancy Helm given to cadaver, raiment changed to that of Fanon]


    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Cadaver, look at my Hammer. It is not just a +1 weapon but also a Dollamantic focus (increases the level I cast Dollamancy spells +1). I'd like to enhance your sickle thusly as well, but I'm unsure how to create a Croakamantic focus. What do you say to that?" you declare.

    "It is not something I have done before either but it would definitely be something I would be willing to work on together" Cadaver replies.

    ...

    "Cadaver, you brought one uncroaked with you through the portal. Could you take uncroaked with you into the Magic Kingdom?" you question.

    "I uncroaked the corpse in the magic kingdom itself, I have never tried taking an uncroaked in to the magic kingdom through a portal, not sure if it would work but only non magical units that pose little military threat are allowed in to the magic kingdom itself..." Cadaver replies.

    "Have you eaten already today?" You then ask.

    "No I have not..." Cadaver replies.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Very well. We shall work on your sickle after breakfast then." Erfman said confidently. "To be honest, I don't think there is a type of caster my side needs more then a croakamancer right now. Our foe relies heavily on uncroaked troops, and your understanding of their function and weaknesses might be one of the most valuable things in our side's armory at the moment." You declare.

    "You said allowed... by the portal, or by some governing body in the magic kingdom?" You question as you look at the uncroaked rabbit.

    "I am unsure what the portal itself will allow but I was speaking of the various factions of the magic kingdom itself. As per the treaty of the Magic Kingdom it is designated as neutral territory and the presence of significant military forces bar casters themselves is not allowed" Cadaver replied.

    -----------

    Heading to the throne room you sit upon the royal throne and have a number of your troops line up in front of you. Most of these troops are new and you do not know their names however first in line you recognize the brave scout Buster, there is a newly popped stabber, a newly popped archer, Burp, Durp and five newly popped Gobwins and even Mahogany the Dwyad. After giving a brief speech you declare them all Knights of Fanon and as you do you feel the treasury plummet.

    1100 schmuckers spent
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz

    Lothar
    Level 1 Knight

    Hits: 15 Combat: 27 Defence: 5 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 40s
    Special Knight
    Exp: 0/100


    Alleria
    Level 1 Keshik (Knight)

    Hits: 10 Combat: 28 Defence: 4 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 40s
    Special: Archery, Knight, Rapid Shot
    Exp: 0/100


    Buster
    Level 1 Strider (Knight)

    Hits: 10 Combat: 20 Defence: 4 Move: 16
    Upkeep: 40s
    Special: Scout, Knight, Sneak attack
    Exp: 8/100


    Durp
    Level 2 Gobwin Knight

    Hits: 15 Combat: 23 (19+3+1) Defence: 3 ( 4-1) Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 40s
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting, Knight, Infected
    Equipped: +1 Gobwin Axe
    Exp: 89/200


    Burp
    Level 2 Gobwin Knight

    Hits: 15 Combat: 23 (19+3+1) Defence: 3 ( 4-1) Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 40s
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting, Knight, Infected
    Equipped: +1 Gobwin Axe
    Exp: 89/200


    unnamed
    Level 1 Gobwin Knight

    Hits: 15 Combat: 20 (19+1) Defence: 4 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 40s
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting, Knight
    Equipped: +1 Gobwin Axe
    Exp: 0/100



    unnamed
    Level 1 Gobwin Knight

    Hits: 15 Combat: 20 (19+1) Defence: 4 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 40s
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting, Knight
    Equipped: +1 Gobwin Axe
    Exp: 0/100


    unnamed
    Level 1 Gobwin Knight

    Hits: 15 Combat: 19 Defence: 4 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 40s
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting, Knight
    Exp: 0/100


    unnamed
    Level 1 Gobwin Knight

    Hits: 15 Combat: 19 Defence: 4 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 40s
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting, Knight
    Exp: 0/100


    unnamed
    Level 1 Gobwin Knight

    Hits: 15 Combat: 19 Defence: 4 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 40s
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting, Knight
    Exp: 0/100



    Mahogany
    Level 1 Dwyad Fey Knight

    Hits: 15 Combat: 13 (12+1) Defence: 4 Move: 8 Juice: 50/50
    Upkeep: 200s
    Special: Natural Caster (Flower Power / Datamancy), Forest capable, Knight, Forest Fighter, One with the land, Thorns
    Equipped: Piker Spear
    Exp: 55/100
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Specials

    Rapid shot: A unit may split its attacks between multiple stacks.

    Sneak attack: A unit may make a sneak attack the first turn after breaking stealth, all successfully dealt hits deal double damage.

    Forest Fighter: When fighting in a forest hex the unit adds +7 to its combat score.

    One with the land: When in a forest hex the unit may act as though it had the stealth special

    Thorns: Once per combat the unit may make an attack that automatically hits and deals 3 hits
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    After the promotion ceremony you head to the great hall and sit down for a meal with your units. You tuck in to some farm popped rations while Bob and Bowie tuck in to Goat meat and fruit.

    1 farm ration, 1 goat meat ration and 1 fruit consumed
    Erfman, Bob and Bowie upkeep paid
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    The rest of your units meanwhile tuck in to fruit while your scouts tuck in to popped rations

    49 schmuckers and 16 fruit used
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Bob collects his shears and sets about trimming some wool off Billie.

    Bob 1 action used, 2 wool gained

    Once Bob is done shearing he hands the wool over to you and you head down to your workshop along with one of the scouts. The scout sets to work preparing the wool and once it is ready you begin shaping it in to a knitted messenger bird.

    Erfman 2 actions used 200 juice used. Scout 8 actions used
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Next you have Cadaver meet you at the workshop and together you begin working on creating a +1 Croakamantic sickle. It takes some time to work out exactly what you need to do but eventually you have a plan and you set to work.

    Erfman 2 actions and 50 juice used. Cadaver 2 actions and 50 juice used. +1 Sickle (Croakamantic focus) created

    Finally you begin work on creating some weapons for your new knights and have each of them bring you their weapons. Calling in two scouts to help you then set to work on what now is a rather simple task for you.

    Erfman 4 actions and 135 juice used. Scouts 16 actions used. 2 x +1 swords and 1 +1 Bow created
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Cadaver, shall we test if the Helmet allows you to see through the eyes of your wabbit across hex boundaries? Send it south, and check will you?" You instruct.

    "Very well my lord" Cadaver replies as he send the uncroaked wabbit south across the hex boundary. "It works my lord, when I focus on the unit I can see what it sees. The hex to the south is a hill hex there are four bushes filled with fruit" Cadaver replies.

    Uncroaked Wabbit 4 move used
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    [quote="wiz"]You carefully write out a letter before giving it to one of your newly created long range messenger birds, it then flies off and heads to the city to the Northwest. With your ruler senses you are able to sense that the bird reaches its destination and begins flying back though due to its lack of move it is not able to make it all the way back to Fanon.

    Spoiler
    Show
    To Whom It May Concern;

    I am sending the message to inform you that the Kingdom of Fanon has been refounded on the original capital site. While the Dark Side has assailed us, we are now on the road to recovery.

    As the new King of Fanon, I wish to see if cooperation between us is possible, and to that end, with you permission, will be sending this bird back and forth between out cities. It is able to carry letters between us, until we acquire a more direct channel of communication.

    With Sincere Hope,
    King Erfman of Fanon

    PS: We have employed a signamancer to deal with our affairs in the Magic Kingdom, she would also be willing to ferry messages that you may toss through your portal to us. If this avenue is appealing (since the bird cannot do a round-trip in one turn), just describe your portal color, and tomorrow at nightfall toss a message addressed to "Dotti Crosst" through your portal


    Long Range messenger bird 20 move used

    You meanwhile send the remaining of the messenger birds out to scout. The first messenger bird you send west and it returns without incident.

    The second long ranged scout you send north and when it returns it goes straight to the map and begins tapping on the two dead forest hexes north of Fanon before tapping four times each on the symbol of an uncroaked that you had drawn out.

    The second standard messenger bird you send east, you sense it get as far as two hexes north of your farm when suddenly it ceases to exist.

    Long Range messenger bird 20 move used
    messenger bird 12 move used
    messenger bird destroyed

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    CyperWizWurmD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2019

    Default Re: Erfman the Barbarian

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Turn 14 - update

    Side: Fanon

    Capital: Fanon City

    Income: 500s / turn
    Production: 50
    Spoiler
    Show
    Units available to pop;
    Stabber (20) 5/10/4/8
    Piker (20) 5/5/5/8 [Piker Defence]
    Archer (20) 5/11/3/8 [Archery]
    Scout (7) 2/2/2/8 [Scout]

    Tower: Level 1, Juice Charge: 0
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dollamantic converter: The tower is able to convert schmuckers to power Golems. Dollamancy Golems may pay upkeep in schmuckers or juice.
    Caster Bonus: Spells cast while in the tower are cast at caster level +1

    Walls: Level 1
    City Zone:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dwellings
    Barracks
    Storehouse
    Dollamancy Workshop - (Dollamancy crafting time reduced by 10%)

    Dungeons: Level 0
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cells: 1 (crude cavern, low security) Capacity 1/2

    Garrison:

    Farm level 1 (enhanced growth): Rations produced per turn: 6 (5+1). Rations produced in this farm will automatically appear in the storehouse in Fanon. Cost to upgrade 200s. Harvestable resources straw.

    Mine level 3: Schmuckers produced per turn: 150. schmuckers produced by this mine will automatically appear in the treasury. Cost to upgrade 200s. Mineable resources; Gems, Ore, Coal, ???

    Treasury: 142s


    Spoiler
    Show

    1 - Portal room
    2 - Dungeons
    3 - Armoury
    4 - Bunk room (16 beds)
    5 -
    6 -
    7 - Bunk room (16 beds)
    8 -
    9 -
    10 - Throne Room
    11 -
    12 -
    13 - Great Hall
    14 - Map room
    15 -
    16 - Royal Bed Chamber
    17 -
    18 -
    19 -
    20 -
    21 -
    22 -
    23 -
    24 - Library
    25 -
    26 - Cadaver's room
    27 -
    28 -
    29 -
    30 -
    31 - Tower Roof


    Stats


    King Erfman
    Level 4 Dollamancer
    (Adept)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 7 (2+3+2) Defence: 1 (2-1) Move: 12 (8+4) Juice: 4/400
    Upkeep: 150s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Caster, Command, Infected
    Purse: 0s
    Equipped: Craftman's +1 Hammer (Dollamantic focus), Motion Goggles
    Exp: 76/800


    Cadaver
    Level 1 Croakamancer
    (Novice)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 4 (2+2) Defence: 2 Move: 8 Juice: 50/100
    Upkeep: 150s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Caster, Command
    Equipped: Sickle +1 (Croakamantic focus), Croakamancy Helm
    Exp: 5/100


    Mahogany
    Level 1 Dwyad Fey Knight

    Hits:15 Combat: 13 (12+1) Defence: 4 Move: 8 Juice: 50/50
    Upkeep: 200s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Natural Caster (Flower Power / Datamancy), Forest capable, Knight, Forest Fighter, One with the land, thorns
    Equipped: Piker Spear
    Exp: 55/100


    Sir Bob
    Level 3 Lancer (Knight)

    Hits: 15 Combat: 24 (17+6+1) Defence: 6 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 40s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Piker defence, Lancer, Knight
    Equipped: Pikers +1 Spear
    Exp: 173/400


    Buster
    Level 1 Strider (Knight)

    Hits: 10 Combat: 21 (20+1) Defence: 4 Move: 16
    Upkeep: 40s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Scout, Knight, Sneak attack
    Equipped: +1 Sword
    Exp: 8/100


    Lothar
    Level 1 Knight

    Hits: 15 Combat: 28 (27+1) Defence: 5 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 40s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special Knight
    Equipped: +1 Sword
    Exp: 0/100


    Alleria
    Level 1 Keshik (Knight)

    Hits: 10 Combat: 29 (28+1) Defence: 4 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 40s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Archery, Knight, Rapid Shot
    Equipped: +1 Bow
    Exp: 0/100


    Chief Bowie
    Level 3 Gobwin Chief (Knight)

    Hits: 15 Combat: 26 (19+6+1) Defence: 5 (4+1) Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 100s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Natural Ally Chief, Command, Knight, Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting
    Equipped: +1 Gobwin Axe, Dark Breastplate
    Exp: 39/400


    Durp
    Level 2 Gobwin Knight

    Hits: 15 Combat: 23 (19+3+1) Defence: 3 ( 4-1) Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 40s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting, Knight, Infected
    Equipped: +1 Gobwin Axe
    Exp: 89/200


    Burp
    Level 2 Gobwin Knight

    Hits: 15 Combat: 23 (19+3+1) Defence: 3 ( 4-1) Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 40s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting, Knight, Infected
    Equipped: +1 Gobwin Axe
    Exp: 89/200


    unnamed
    Level 1 Gobwin Knight

    Hits: 15 Combat: 20 (19+1) Defence: 4 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 40s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting, Knight
    Equipped: +1 Gobwin Axe
    Exp: 0/100



    unnamed
    Level 1 Gobwin Knight

    Hits: 15 Combat: 20 (19+1) Defence: 4 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 40s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting, Knight
    Equipped: +1 Gobwin Axe
    Exp: 0/100


    unnamed
    Level 1 Gobwin Knight

    Hits: 15 Combat: 19 Defence: 4 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 40s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting, Knight
    Exp: 0/100


    unnamed
    Level 1 Gobwin Knight

    Hits: 15 Combat: 19 Defence: 4 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 40s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting, Knight
    Exp: 0/100


    unnamed
    Level 1 Gobwin Knight

    Hits: 15 Combat: 19 Defence: 4 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 40s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting, Knight
    Exp: 0/100


    unnamed
    Level 1 Gobwin

    Hits: 5 Combat: 7 Defence: 3 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 20s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting
    Exp: 0/100


    Heavy Dervish Golem
    Hits: 30 Combat: 43 Defence: 6 Move: 0
    Juice Charge: 5/300
    Upkeep: 100 juice
    Special: Garrison, Heavy, Dervish Dance


    Woody
    Reinforced Wood Golem

    Hits:22 Combat: 12 (10+2) Defence: 6 Move: 8
    Juice Charge: 5/100
    Upkeep: 30 juice
    Special: Heavy
    Equipped: +1 Animated Gobwin Axe


    Jessie
    Wood Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 10 (9+1) Defence: 5 (4+1) Move: 8
    Juice Charge: 0/100
    Upkeep: 20 juice
    Equipped: modified Piker armor, crude Gobwin Axe


    The Luggage
    Luggage Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 5 Defence: 3 Move: 16
    Juice Charge: 0/100
    Upkeep: 23 juice
    Special: Carnyed - Bigger on the inside, Dollamancy - moving parts, Capture, Mountain Capable,


    Knitted Messenger Bird
    Hits: 1 Combat: 1 Defence: 1 Move: 12
    Juice Charge: 46/50
    Upkeep: 4 juice
    Special: Flight


    Knitted Messenger Bird
    Hits: 1 Combat: 1 Defence: 1 Move: 12
    Juice Charge: 46/50
    Upkeep: 4 juice
    Special: Flight


    Long Range Knitted Messenger Bird
    Hits: 1 Combat: 1 Defence: 1 Move: 20
    Juice Charge: 100/100
    Upkeep: 20 juice
    Special: Flight


    Long Range Knitted Messenger Bird
    Hits: 1 Combat: 1 Defence: 1 Move: 20
    Juice Charge: 100/100
    Upkeep: 20 juice
    Special: Flight


    Uncroaked Wabbit
    Hits: 1 Combat: 1 Defence: 1 Move: 8
    Croakamntic decay state: 9/10
    Special: uncroaked


    Billie
    Level 2 War Goat

    Hits: 23 (20+3) Combat: 15 Defence: 4 Move: 22 (20+2)
    Upkeep: 40 - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Self Sufficient, Mountain Capable, Heavy, WarMount (1 rider 1 passenger)
    Equipped: Woolly Saddle
    Exp: 173/200


    Level 1 Hog
    Hits: 30 Combat: 10 Defence: 3 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 40 - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Forest Capable, Heavy, Feral Rager
    Exp: 50/100


    Level 1 Hog
    Hits: 30 Combat: 10 Defence: 3 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 40 - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Forest Capable, Heavy, Feral Rager
    Exp: 50/100


    Suresh
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 8/100


    Gopher
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 8/100


    Bond
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 18/100


    Unnamed
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 9/100


    Unnamed
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 0/100


    Unnamed
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 8/100


    Unnamed
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 0/100

    In the Magic Kingdom



    Dotti Crosst
    Level 2 Signamancer
    (Novice)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 3 (2+1) Defence: 2 Move: 10 (8+2) Juice: 100/200
    Upkeep: 150s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Caster, Command
    Exp: 110/200

    Inventory

    Powerball x1
    Shockamancy Gem x1

    Fruit x7
    Deseeded fruit x 3
    Fruit seeds x30
    Rations (produced by farm) x5
    Meat rations x2
    Arkenfiend Mushroom x1

    Stone x12
    Pebbles x1
    Wood x0
    Wool x0
    Metal Ore x0
    Branches from a Bush x1
    Goat Hide x1

    Piker Spears x6
    Archer Bows x8
    Stabber Swords x14
    Warlords sword x1
    Ogwe Club x1
    Crude Gobwin axe x5
    Shears x1
    Harvesting claw x1
    Tent x1

    Leather case x1
    Fanon area map x1

    [Warlord Prisoner - Grim]

    Scouting
    Spoiler
    Show



    What do you do?
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    You send out scouts to collect the returning messenger birds and they soon return though one of the birds appears to be carrying a letter.

    Scout 4 move used

    Gopher 8 move used. Letter gained

    Greetings Erfman,

    We have no part in your war with the Darkside, this city is now our own and we will defend it against all invaders whether they come from the Darkside or from Fanon.

    We will tolerate these odd little birds of yours but send any other troops without permission and they will be croaked.

    Warlord Burly of Fanart
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Buster, could you scout where the obelisk was and the hex north of where the obelisk was? Use your stealth and only attack if you can get away without enemies engaging. Unless it's Wavens, or a couple of uncroaked that you feel you can dust alone, those you can take.

    Also, if there are enemies at the former-obelisk hex, that you cannot croak alone, return and report, instead of proceeding further."
    You instruct.

    Buster offers you a nod and salute before hurrying on his way. He is gone for quite a while but eventually returns to the city looking rather pale.

    Buster 14 move used

    "Sire I'm sorry but I was spotted... If I didn't leave as quickly as I did I surely would have been croaked...." Buster replies. "There were a lot of units there... a hell of a lot of units there... I would guess its the Darkside's main army in the area..." Buster reports before grabbing a piece of paper and quickly and skillfully sketching out what he had seen.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Cadaver, bit of an important question. Do you think you could seize control of uncroaked from another croakamancer?" You ask of the croakamancer.

    "It is possible but it depends on the skill and the level of the croakamancer. I am a level 1 novice so my chances are not that high but we do have some factors on our side; distance, the closer croakamancer to the uncroaked in question has an advantage and secondly numbers, the more uncroaked a unit has under its control the easier it is to steal a single one away..." Cadaver replies
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman smiles. "The Dark One is likely hexes away in his capital. Also recall your level will be three fold higher with your improved weapon upon our tower. Finally, I estimate about half of the Dark Side's units are uncroaked." He says, boosting the Croakamancer's moral. "Does the type of Uncroaked targeted effect success chance?" you then question.

    "Yes the simpler uncroaked are easier to turn a unit like my wabbit would be the easiest followed by basic infantry. More advanced units would be harder..." Cadaver replies.

    "Will one turn attempt take Juice? How much Juice?" you follow up.

    "Yes attempting to seize control of an enemy uncroaked is a spell so it will take juice, a single infantry unit would cost 25 juice... more advanced units would take more juice..." Cadaver explains.

    "Bowie, how many actions to build a mud wall blocking a tunnel? Like you've done before" you ask the Gobwin chief.

    "A single section of mud wall should take about 5 actions to build" Bowie replies.

    "Bowie, last time they brought planks for the siege to stand on, above the moat. We have to plan for that.Can you gobwins reach the planks (and attack them) from the bottom of the moat?" You question.

    "Not from the bottom of the moat no but we could dig out and extend the moat so that the ground the plank is resting on is no longer there..." Bowie replies.


    "Can you, on-the-fly, carve some sideways stairs on the outside side of the moat, such that you can in the same combat round get in reach of the planks (and attack them)? If not, let's permanently carve some hand-holds and foot-holds on the outside side of the moat? How many actions do so per each of the 6 sides of the city?" You add

    "They would not be stairs as such but we would be able to tunnel up the side of the trench to reach the planks..." Bowie responds

    "Mahogany, you once put Bob to sleep with a kiss. Was that a spell?" You question turning to the Dwyad. Mahogany nods in response.

    "Did it cost Juice? If so, how much?" you then ask. Mahogany nods once again before holding up five fingers and thrusting them towards you five times.

    "Could you do that again but in combat against a living unit?" you ask to which she nods once again. "or you could only do it to a prisoner?" you follow up to which she shakes her head.

    "Mahogany, could you make a trap out of this mushroom?" you question. Mahogany carefully examines the mushroom and then nods. " Either animate it at a distance for it to move/grow and enter a units mouth, or have it explode at a distance, explode into a spore cloud?" you add to which mahogany nods twice.

    *Erfman inspects the Hog's fur to determine if sheared it could be used similarly to Billie's wool*
    The Hogs have bristles, you can shave the hogs if you wish but you will get bristles not wool.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Cadaver, in your turns in the MK, did you meet other croakamancers that would make scrolls for its cost in schmuckers plus rations?'' you ask.

    "I know of other croakamancers... What they will make their scrolls for I'm not sure though. Give me 50 schmuckers and a few rations per scroll and I'll see if I can find anyone interested..." Cadaver replies. "A list of what scrolls you want would also be useful..." he then adds.

    "And shockamancers that would charge a tower for several turns rations?" you then add.

    "Hmmm that could be a bit more pricey but I can try..." Cadaver responds.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "OK Cadaver, here is 50$, and as much rations as you can carry. I'd say try to get 1 scroll of Seize Uncroaked, unless you can think of something else that might be useful given the pending attack.
    And I mentioned Shockamancers due to some vague idea I have that naughtymancers usually have difficulty finding work, do try to find some will you?."
    you instruct.

    "If you have trouble getting what you'll be needing with just these resources, you have the authority to promise on behalf of the Kingdom of Fanon ration upkeep over the next fiveturn or tenturn. But those could only be delivered if this city holds." you then add.

    "Also, please make use of the Signamancer Dotti Crosst for magically enforcing whatever deals you make, and if you prefer, even have her do the talking" you finish.

    "Very good my lord I shall set off now!" Cadaver replies as he collects the rations and schmuckers and heads through the portal.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Cadaver returns through the portal with a scroll in hand. "My lord I was able to obtain the scroll you desired, it cost me 50 schmuckers and 3 pieces of fruit I hope that is ok?" Cadaver replies. "As for a shockamancer I found one by the name of AC who would be willing to charge the tower but he would want 5 turns worth of rations..." Cadaver reports.[/quote]

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    You head down to the dungeons and you find Grim sitting on the cold ground with his legs crossed as he awkwardly reads through the book that you left him

    "Goodturn to you Warlord Grim, Did you find in the words of the titans, some passages that apply to our ongoing conversation?" You say by way of greeting.

    "I have been reading...." Grim replies slowly "and I came across something in the Book of Ray..." Grim continues as he places the book in front of you.

    Chapter 3:
    14. Don't you come back no more.
    15. No more, no more, no more
    Grim then looks up at you with expectation.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Indeed you did well, 5 rations for a shockamancer's full turn's worth of Juice seems a great price for us! Please take a ration and confirm the deal with AC, let him come." you reply to cadaver.

    Cadaver nods turns and heads straight back through the portal. As short while later he returns accompanied by a unit seemingly wearing shiny white plastic armour.

    "wait up on charging the tower, we'd like to talk and learn a bit about shockamancy if you're willing." You declare as soon as the shockamancer arrives.

    "As long as you are currently on turn I have time to talk" AC replies.

    "how does charging the tower works? We've been Hobooking once a round for 25 Juice and ~3 damage, how could we use Juice stored in the Tower? Could we use it for an Air Barrage spell (hit all units in Airpace for dX damage) ?" you question.

    "A charged tower can be used in a number of ways the first and simplest is that the juice can be released as ranged combat at a 1 to 1 conversion rate. 1 juice can be used to make an attack against a unit at a combat value of 1. All the juice can be targeted against a single unit or it can alternatively be divided among as many units as you like. It can also be released all in a single round or spread across multiple. A tower can usually be charged with 200 juice per level of the tower a shockamancer however can charge a tower with 300 juice per level of the tower. If a tower is manned by a caster the juice may instead be used to power spells that the caster knows." AC begins to explain.

    "Alternatively instead of charging a tower I can place spells upon it, these spells can then be released by any caster at a later time" AC continues

    "What spells do you as a shockamancer have? Do you have an Insta-croak spell? how much Juice?" you then ask.

    "As a shockamncer the majority of my spells revolve around dealing damage though I do know a couple that can also be used to protect against shockamancy attacks" AC replies. "No I do not know an insta croak spell I am afraid that is a very high level shockamancy ability" AC replies

    "Can you for 25 Juice deal more damage than our own Hobookens?" you then ask.

    "The amount of damage a Hoboken can deal depends on a units level so I am not sure if I personally have an attack that can deal more damage than your own personal hoboken for the same cost however yes I have a spell that targets a single unit that deals more damage than a Hoboken for the same cost." AC replies


    Walls - Courtyard - Garrison - Tower

    Erfman tests: how fast can we move between them?
    From the walls you can get to the courtyard or the garrison in a single round. To get to the towers it would take 2 rounds unless you can fly.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Shockamancer AC, I'm sorry for the abruptness, it was somewhat rude of me. We're still on turn, but feel pressed for time since we'll probably be attacked by (narrate Buster's report) next turn.

    I'm Erfman, a level 4 Dollamancer, king of this newly refounded side of Fanon."
    You declare by way of greeting.

    "No problem at all, I can be somewhat blunt myself as you already know my name is AC"

    "You may pick your promised rations from this selection *gesture to table*"
    (ordered Jessie or Woodie to deseed the remaining 7 Fruits with the deseeded tool.)

    Jessie 2 actions used 7 deseeded fruit and 7 seeds gained


    (ordered Jessie and Woodie to bring and put on display 1 goat meat, 4 deseeded fruits, 4 farm rations)"

    "Ah excellent!" AC declares as he steps forwards and selects 2 pieces of fruit, 2 farm rations and 1 piece of goat meat and packs them away.

    2 pieces of fruit, 2 farm rations and 1 piece of goat meat given away


    "What is your level if I may ask?" you ask.

    " I am a level 3 adept shockamancer!" AC replies.


    "Hmm, I also dabble in Mathamancy.. so let me think this through.. Charging the Tower with Juice or spells would be definitely useful against the Spook, but which would be more so.. hmm" you think out loud.

    "You need not choose one or the other I could for example charge the tower with 150 juice and use the remaining 150 to place spells upon it..." AC declares.

    (As far as shockamancy spells available think DnD evocation spells of 3rd level and below,

    here are a couple for you

    Gradoken 25 juice a hoboken that deals greater damage

    Fiery blast 50 juice a shockamancy attack that can hit 4 units in a stack

    Shock chain 75 juice a blast of shockamancy that deals full damage against the first unit it hits then half damage against all other units in the stack )

    Dwagon Ball 100 juice a blast of shockamancy that hits an entire stack

    (oh and for your mathamancy enjoyment here are the mechanics of Hoboken;

    Hoboken (defence *1 to hit, deal 1d10xcaster level damage) i.e Erfman as a level 4 caster if he were a to use a hoboken on a gobwin would make the following attack 40d3 with any rolls of 1 dealing a hit)
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Cadaver, from Strider Buster description, what do you think are those magenta wavens?" You ask the croakamancer.

    "I am not sure my lord, I have never seen a magenta waven before... I would imagine they have an extra ability beyond that which a normal Waven has..." Cadaver replies.

    "huh wait, you said Juice stored in the Tower can be used by a caster as he pleases? Could I use it to cast a Hoboken targeted at a land unit?" you ask AC.

    "Yes as long as the spell in question can be used at range it can also be used against ground units." AC replies.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Oh.. I was going to ask for you to stay for the battle..
    Because I was thinking without you here we'd not be able to strike the land units with your Juice.
    But now.. Well, you staying would still be a boon of flexibility, so you'd be on site to cast the most appropriate spell, instead of having to pick now what to put into the tower..."

    "Well, you're here, this is our tower, it's a straight run down to the portal. If you stayed, you'd likely spend all your Juice in the first few rounds of battle, so it's really unlikely enemy units would even have crossed the walls by the time of your retreat due to being out of Juice."

    "If I pinky swear no unit of Fanon will impede you on your way to the portal at any point in time this turn, would you consider staying and employing your whole Juice to the greatest effect in the battle to come?"
    You offer.

    "I'm afraid my in person combat solutions come at a much higher price, 1,000 schmuckers minimum paid in advance" AC replies
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    (A few more spells for you and a few more details...)

    Shockamancy Spells

    Hoboken 25 juice (defence *1 to hit, deal 10dxcaster level damage)

    Gradoken 25 juice a hoboken that deals greater damage (defence *1 to hit, deal 15dxcaster level damage)


    Fiery blast 50 juice a shockamancy attack that can hit 4 units in a stack (defence *1 to hit, deal 10dxcaster level damage)

    Stun-gun 50 juice a shockamancy attack that also stuns the target for one round (defence *1 to hit, deal 10dxcaster level damage)

    Shock-shield 50 juice protect a single unit or structure from a single shockamancy attack

    Shock chain 75 juice a blast of shockamancy that deals full damage against the first unit it hits then half damage against all other units in the stack ) (Primary target: defence *1 to hit, deal 15dxcaster level damage. Secondary targets: defence *2 to hit, deal 15dxcaster level damage.)

    Lingering static 75 juice a shockamancy attack that deals 1 hit to all units in a stack and reduces defence by 1 for a single battle (does not stack with itself)

    Dwagon Ball 100 juice a blast of shockamancy that hits an entire stack (defence *1 to hit, deal 15dxcaster level damage)
    "Also, Cadaver, you have the Juice to cast 2 Seize Uncroaked, plus 1 scroll. Each 50 Juice in the Tower would let you make more attempts. What do you think are those skeleton glowing yellow uncroaked?" you ask.

    "I am unsure my lord, none of the spells that I know can make a glowing uncroaked or an uncroaked that already exists glow..." Cadaver replies. "Perhaps it is not croakamancy making them glow..." Cadaver then adds.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "AC... do you have a shockamancy spell in your arsenal that is good at incapacitating living units, rather then croaking them? I have to imagine something like that might be less juice intensive." you question.

    "Hmm now let me think..." AC replies. "Now its not less juice intensive but there is this..." AC adds.

    Tazer 25 juice a shockamancy attack that deals non-lethal damage (defence *1 to hit, deal 10dxcaster level damage) (units brought to 0 hits or below are incapacitated instead of croaked)

    "AC, check these troops dispositions (show drawing Buster did), you see here? These stacks have each 4 archer units with 4 piker units screening the archers.

    "If I target a Fire blast from the tower at the 4 archers in one of these stacks, could the pikers screen the archers? Or would it bypass them?" you ask.

    "Hmmm unfortunately Fiery blast is still subject to screening so yes the pikers could possibly screen for the archers..." AC replies.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Wiz, *Erfman ponders: can we make regular ranged attacks from the top of the tower? Do we still get the +2 Def from being semi-exposed?*
    Yes you may make regular ranged attacks from the tower and in return enemy units may make regular ranged attacks against you. (You will have the +2 def while the city walls still stand)

    Wiz: These mentions of Level... are they AC's level at time of casting, or the caster that discharges the spell off the tower?
    AC's level plus 1 due to the tower bonus so 4

    "I'm gonna get me a boss man, one who's gonna treat me right.
    I work hard in the day time, Rest easy at night."
    "When you read this, do you think of how much of a better boss the Dark One could have been?" you ask of Grim.

    "The Dark One's methods may seem harsh but he gets results...." Grim begins "If he had done things differently and he had lost then all of his units may have croaked...." Grim continues. "As a warlord I was never treated poorly... I must admit the regular infantry are not treated as well and are seen as somewhat expendable..." Grim admits. "But are any other side different?"

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Compilation of Game Thread)

    "Fanon is, at the least." Erfman says simply. "I have spent juice and resources to save the lives of my infantry units. Not just to win a battle, but to ensure they are stabilized after. I have found someone in the magic kingdom who can heal the Mummy Rot, and I am getting that cure not just for myself, but for all affected units, even natural allies where it be objectively cheaper to just pop replacements." Erfman says passionately. "When the Titans judge me as a ruler, I will face them with a straight back and be able to declare that not one unit they put on Erfworld for me was wasted or abused. And I can not think of a better standard by which they might judge us."

    Erfman looks Grim in the eye. "When the Titans ask you how you treated the troops you commanded, the units they crafted to serve you... What will you say? That the side you loyally serve had them thrown to their deaths even when not advantageous, because your master prefers uncroaked troops, lacking a mind given by the Titans to question their lot in life, to aspire for more, to have opinions on their ruler's treatment of them?" you declare.

    "This is all a presumption on your part. Yes the Dark One may sacrifice his units when neccesarry but only when it is advantageous to the side. You presume it is uncroaked that he prefers... well it is not! The Dark One favours casters! It is why whenever possible he pops warloads in hopes that he will get another caster under his command! It is why he wages war with so many sides and why he wishes you to turn!" Grim declared. "As a Warlord I know I am not his favourite but I have done my duty and fought loyally for the betterment of the side. When I stand before the titans that I can say!" Grim replied. "If I were a scorist I know my score would not be that high but before the battle where I was captured I was only a level one... what great deeds can a level one be expected to have done!" Grim declares.


    -------------------


    ".. the more I think of it, the more I feel sure: I'm thinking that glow might be shockamancy, and those uncroaked are suicide bomber units, surrounding the living units to guarantee they obey.. If they obey, they are in front and croak first croaking us, if they DON'T obey? BOOM! and either way their bodies are uncroaked at a distance by the Dark One.. A win-win for him.."

    "It's really quite ingenious of him, and terrifying."

    "I'm thinking, an attempt at denying the Dark One the bodies, and the living army would be:
    - We both stand at the top of the tower
    - as soon as the living enter the hex I shout 'Living people! Why do you fight for the Uncroaked master?! If we remove those 4 glowing uncroaked would you turn? Or stand aside?'
    - and we immediately cast: I cast the Seize Uncroaked scroll targetting the front right glowing uncroaked, and you cast Seize Uncroaked on the front left one.
    - and I yell 'Run forward, we now control the front ones' as I order the right one to attack the back-right glowing uncroaked, and you order your left one to engage the back-left one."

    "What do you think of that? If those are regular skeleton uncroaked with shockamancy cast on top of them, they should count as a simple uncroaked for purposes of the Seizing."
    you declare.

    "The glow could indeed be shockamancy and if they are standard uncroaked charged with shockamancy then they should be easy enough to seize and take control of" Cadaver replies

    ---------------

    "Mahogany, how much Juice would it take to prime the mushroom for detonation into a spore cloud, and to activate it at a distance?" You ask the Dwyad.

    Mahogany holds up five fingers and thrusts them forwards five times.

    "Also, what about turning some vines into units that are good at grappling and restraining man sized units?" you ask before you are suddenly struck by an idea "Oh, use your spear as a gauge, with it's full length being your daily allotment of juice." you add.

    Mahogany has a thoughtful look for a moment before holding her hand to the end of her spear, she allows it to hover there for a moment before she then takes her hand far beyond the end of her spear.

    ----------

    Wiz, *Erfman ponders on the possibility of improving the Walls in small locations, such that they act as lvl 2 walls in those locations*
    If your aim is to create something to provide better protection for your ranged units you could build a small structure on top of the walls. Just let me know what you want to make and out of what materials...[/quote]

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman nods. "I'm sure he does... A thinkamancer of Old Fanon is enslaved to him as we speak. Bound by turnamancy and duty magic against her will. Because he values her abilities, but not her. And when he has a level one warlord, he has no qualms about throwing them against a level one city to evaluated the city's defenses."

    "But your story is just starting. In the grand tome of your life, this is but the third chapter. Don't focus on the grand deeds you have or haven't done... focus on your future. What you will or will not do."

    "An heir should question their liege, for they must be the future of the side and they can not be that by blindly following their ruler. A chief warlord should question their liege, to temper the ruler's vision of the Erf with the reality the chief see's from the front lines. A fool should question their liege in all things, for that is the role they were popped for."


    "These units do this because they know that loyalty to their side sometimes means disobedience to their ruler... when the ruler is messing up." Places the scouting report on the floor before Grim.

    "Thirty two living Darkside units are being deployed as an expendable first wave... From what I and a shockamancer can posit, these uncroaked are charged with shockamancy to detonate when dusted. They are being used to ensure that all the sixteen are croaked when the Dark One Mass Animates the bodies in this hex. Perhaps the ogres and this knight or warlord will survive, but these twenty nine units... these living units who are probably also level ones with no great deeds yet to their name, will be dumped back into to the box because it will spare their ruler some juice."


    "You are holding on to loyalty to the architect of this plan... of this sacrilegious waste of Titan given Life." Erfman said forcefully, accusatorially. "While I, your so called enemy, plan my defenses to save the lives of as many Dark Side units as I can."

    The dollamancer lets out a heavy sigh. "There will be a few more Dark Side units in this dungeon or elsewhere in this city, by nightfall. But I can promise you this...if you turned, it would increase the number of survivors."

    "I know of Lady Shipping, the Dark One values her greatly... so much so that he dares not risk her leaving the tower of Fanfic" Grim replies.

    Grim then glances down at the scout report and studies it for a second. "Standard Darkside strategy sending living units first... they provide twice the power for once they fall the Dark One shall raise them up again. I recognise the shock troopers but you misunderstand their function... they are to be used against the walls or stacks of enemy units not the Darkside's own ranks..." Grim reveals.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman shakes his head. "He dare not let her leave, because he knows she would run through the portal and turn barbarian given half a chance. If she knows him better then you, and thinks that is a valid response to his leadership..."

    "Of course that's standard Dark Side tactics... It is also horribly wasteful. Uncroaked units can't level, can't naturally last more then a handful of tenturns. If your overlord cared about his units, the uncroaked would be used to screen and sacrifice so the living troops would survive longer, level more. These uncroaked archers get a screen, because the Dark One cares about their survival during the battle far more then he does the living units." He said bluntly. "Uncroaked are the primary infantry, and living units are screens for them, means of dragging bodies onto the battlefield. Because the Dark One prefers the units he makes to the ones the Titans have given life."

    "As for the shock troopers, I fear you're misreading things. If that was their function, would they not be in front, with a screen that can run with them, such as shield wielding uncroaked? Their orders and deployment would be maximized for them to reach the walls and detonated before archers could pick them off, to weaken a section for the wall for the siege units." Erfman asks, as if this were a simple tactical exorcise between warlords passing time. "That isn't what we see here... They are boxing all the living units beside a scant handful that aren't as cheap to sacrifice. If they were to detonate where they are, the shockamancy would injure or croak four fifths of the living compliment. Yet, they are in lone stacks, unscreened. The Dark One couldn't even spare wavens to screen these units from archers, even when a bow and a little luckamancy could croak any one of these unled stacks."

    "They are deployed to croak stacks, mine or Dark Side's. I'm sure he'd refer mine, but I also that the Dark One will spend some juice animating every body in the hex so he would consider this unit croaking a tragedy.
    " Points to a random stabber. "You think he even knows the name of this unit? Do you think this unit has ever been asked what he wants out of the Life the Titans have given him?"

    "Would you be this callous with this unit's life, if it was your call?"
    Erfman asked, looking Grim in the eye.


    "I have read the reports on the Dark Side's previous battles I know how the Dark One uses his units. Shock troopers are volatile units, a single hit can set off the shockamancy stored within them it is therefore not safe for them to be in a stack. They are however deadly against unled stacks who will often charge forward blindly to engage and then be wiped out in a single round" Grim replies. "Besides your capabilities have been scouted, the Dark One knows that you lack ranged combatants... this distribution of units would suggest that the Dark One intends to give you a choice of where to use your ranged units... Will you target the shock troopers or the more obvious seige? If you focus on those will you leave the flying units unchecked?" Grim replies."I can tell you this much, the Dark One is taking you seriously now if he is sending in Prince Redshirt... he is the highest level Warlord in the area!" Grim declares.

    "How would I lead these units if this was my fight?" Grim then replies. "I would fight as I fought before. I would use the pikers to screen the Ogwe's and attack the walls. Once you reveal your ranged units I would then take them out with my own archers. With your archers busy I'd send in the shock troopers to further weaken your defences. Once a wall is breached I would then send in the infantry both living and uncroaked to swarm the city, using the natural croakamancy of the Spook I would also raise the fallen to bolster my numbers. I would then move my command stack in to the city and take the Garrison." Grim replies also as if he were discussing a theoretical exercise. "How would you do it if you were the one attacking." Grim then asks.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deck of Cards
    Erfman smiles. "We're a young side... which means that scouting reports are quickly out of date as each turn allows for significant chance for us to better ourselves. Our ranged capacity this turn is far greater then it was a turn ago. And while I have no doubt he's taken me seriously now, the fact he didn't muster warlords and troops with nets the moment he realized I was here shows a lack of foresight."

    Erfman looks at the scouting report, curiously. "I'm unsure... My goal would be to take the city with the minimum number of casualties among my living units. The uncroaked are more disposable." Points to the five dressed like Grim was. "Are these all warlords, or are most of them going to be stabber type knights? Do you expect many of them are uncroaked?"
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "I would expect them to all be knights, it would make little sense to have so many warlords in a single stack..." Grim replies. "Other than Prince Redshirt the only other warlord seems to be with the Ogwe stack" Grim then adds.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    CyperWizWurmD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2019

    Default Re: Erfman the Barbarian

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman Nods thoughtfully. "Well then... I would have started by bringing a very different army. Does the Dark Side have no flying mounts?" He says with a chuckle.

    "If more Ogres could have been popped, a stack full, or seven and a warlord, could have barreled through our walls, as they were back when things were from the last scouting. Are Ogres popped in cities or are they a natural ally tribe?" Erfman asked, still playing this like an game of tactics.

    "With this compliment the siege would take longer, but if they were to use those shock gems followed by a coordinated hit on the gate, they'd still make a hole. After that, a handful of these shock troopers could come in and set fires to the buildings of my city." He said with a playful grin, making things clear 'tactics as usual' were being thrown away.

    "The spook would be sent here... it would repatriate you and hand you a hat. As the defenders engaged the uncroaked that swarm in from the breach and dealing with keeping the fires from going inferno, you would be receiving a large collection of bodies of ferals able to fit within the hats... Wavens, snakes, the like."

    "Using our walls as a defensive barrier, your archers would attack structures with flaming arrows. Wavens could bomb the city with those shockamancy gems. The battle goes badly for us. But you would be in the portal room with stacks of uncroaked weenies. By the time I think to retreat, I would not have the forces to punch past your screening of the portal."

    "I would be forced to retreat outside the walls while the fires got worse... where your living troops would be alive, fresh, and armed with nets to capture every unit that leaves this city."

    "That would capture me... most living units under my command barring incidence in the attack. All with minimal risk to the living units of the Dark Side.
    Erfman said solemnly.

    "Of course, to devise such a plan, the commander would have value the lives of the men and women they have the duty to command much higher then I have seen from the Dark Side, to justify spent resources. So I can at least be grateful that the Dark One will not think of such a thing."


    "Plus, that plan fails to work given what I've acquired since the last turn. You'd be amazed how easy it is to hire barbarian casters when they don't think you will be capturing them. I am honestly wondering which one to name as chief caster should multiple decide to join us permanently."
    Erfman said with a smiling, looking at the scouting report. "This force is quaint, but I doubt Prince Redshirt has enough leadership to get them past our walls. Unless he is your chief warlord or something."


    "Yes the Darkside does of course have flying mounts, the Dark One's favourites are the uncroaked Dwagons and you are fortunate that the Dark One has yet to use one for they are formidable..." Grim replies.

    "Ogwes can be popped but to pop a whole stack would take some time..." Grim answers.

    "A good point, Spooks are often used for infiltration and assassination using one for prisoner repatriation would not be beyond the realms of possibilities..." Grim comments. "I was not aware that corpses could be sent via hat but again that is another good strategy." he adds.

    "As far as I am aware Prince Redshirt is not currently chief warlord though as the former heir of Fanon he is fairly high level... Last I recall he was level 5..." Grim reveals. "It would be easy enough for the Dark One to designate Prince Redshirt as Chief Warlord if he deemed this battle important enough though..." Grim then commented.

    "So how do you plan to defend against this force?" Grim then asks in return.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman looks closely at the sketch of the vampire-looking Prince Redshirt. "Is he an uncroaked or did he turn?" He wondered. "As the utility of a uncroaked warlord seems... low. Sure units get the bonus... and I think a warlord of that level offers even a defense bonus... but doesn't the lack of an actually mind on the battlefield commanding means the Dark One and Lady Shipping have to spend time and juice micromanaging things?"

    "As for the city's defense, my plans are reasonably potent. A croakamancer I hired from the Magic Kingdom will take control of the shock troopers, and destroy these unled uncroaked infantry stacks. Should he level from that and gain more juice, the spook becomes a useful extra target for such actions... Though if the plans truly fall apart, there will be an uncroaked warlord to turn." He says, pointing to the warlord with the axe in the siege stack.

    "Depending on the changing needs, we will be hitting either the knights or the siege with some flower power which should render them confused and maybe incapacitated, but shouldn't be lethal."

    "Our newly acquired ranged superiority, with the axe you know about and the Archery class knight and shockamancer support which you don't will keep the air clear from Darkside units, then allow us to pick of uncroaked survivors."


    "That is how we plan to deal with the uncroaked... While that is happening, we have a powerful stack of knight class gobwins in the tunnel zones pulling in living troops and capturing them as fast as we are able. We can't assure the survival of non-prisoner units of Dark Side, especially if they're autoengaging and my troops need to defend themselves, so the tunnel fighting stacks success speed will be the main determiner in how many of your kinsmen survive this battle." Erfman said simply, very plainly even. Impressing upon Grim the gravity of the situation. That this warlord would not want the siege to succeed, or more of his troops would die.



    "Prince Redshirt is uncroaked but he is one of the Dark One's more advanced uncroaked, he has truly been returned from the box, his mind is intact and he is as strong if not stronger than he has ever been" Grim replied.

    "I see... your plans are interesting but there is much that could go wrong.. are you sure you truly have ranged superiority?" Grim comments
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman smiles. "Then perhaps he would be the best uncroaked to turn to Fanon... after we've dealt with the shock troopers. An honest conversation with him might tell us how the Dark One accomplishes that. I will admit I have yet the relaxed period needed to study general magic theory."

    Erfman nods. "A knight class archer bolstered by a focused defensive implacement able to defend their stack. A naughtmancer discharging optimized shockamancy spells. The gem I took from you. I have the force needed to keep your fliers from being an issue, and then raining down arrows. The problem there being the the Dark Side archers. If the tunneling force can't deal with them in time, I will need to croak them to preserve the lives of my units."

    Erfman looks at Grim, curiously. "Let's assume I win either way... how many living units of Dark Side would you prefer I capture?"


    "You should not forget that it was the Dark One who created the shockamancy gem... you may find your one is vastly outnumbered..." Grim replies.

    "While I am a loyal unit of the Dark Side I would have to hope that you did not croak or capture any Darkside units..." Grim replies.

    [The turning of Grim has started to delay things... please make your final argument for this turn and I shall make a roll whether he turns or not this turn]

    How much stone and action would it take to create a small emplacement on the wall able to house a stack and allow that stack to fire down onto either side. Probably with four arrow slits on either side, allowing for a row to fire, then let the other half step up and fire.
    Stone archery tower – 20 stone, 32 actions (wall upgrade, houses 8 units, provides +2 def (stacks with def provided by wall))

    How many arrow slits would fit in the tower? And how much would both making only 2 arrow slits, and covering the tower cost.

    Arrow slit – 1 stone, 8 actions (tower upgrade, position for 1 unit, provides +2 def (stacks with def provided by tower)) [Attacks can only be made in a single direction N,E,S,W]

    16 arrow slits may be made in each direction (N,E,S,W)
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman smiles. "Well then, you could help with us striving for that goal. Turn to Fanon, and I will put you in the tunnel with our natural allies. Your Leadership will bolster their ability to pull from the battle field and safely detain the living Dark Siders." you declare.

    "Your words are good and you make good arguments but I can not trust your words blindly. Prove your words through your actions and then and only then shall I turn. Successfully defend against this attack and capture instead of croak and then not only will I turn but I will do my best to convince whatever prisoners you take to turn as well!" Grim replies.

    Turning attempt failed

    [Sorry, we were getting good roleplay and good intel out of it, it seemed good to keep going.]
    Not a problem it was supposed to be an opportunity for information gathering but I'm aware that it has been Turn 14 for a long while now...
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Cadaver, while conversing with our prisoner we've found out that this undead-" Pointing to Prince Redshirt. "- is an intelligent level 5 warlord type and formerly of Fanon. Being able to turn him would be a great boon." Erfman explained.

    "Do you think you could funnel more juice into a uncroaked seizing spell to enhance the chance of succeeding?" He asked, curiously.

    "I could try my lord though it would likely take all of my juice to stand a chance of success"
    Cadaver replies
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman strokes his chin. "Is that including a scroll? Or the juice in the tower?" Erfman considers things... "Perhaps we should save it for after the battle. Costing them one of their only two Warlords is potent, but we have to deal with these suicide Skeles, and unless you level first, we don't have enough juice to go around for all the goals."

    "Next turn, let's assume you've leveled from this little battle and we've captured him. What would you guess your success chance would be at level 2, with your scythe and the tower, and 200 juice?"

    "I was just talking about my own juice my lord... If you wish me to use juice stored in the tower aswell it could certainly improve my chances" Cadaver replies "It's hard to put a figure to it my lord I have never encountered one of these advanced uncroaked before let alone try to seize control of one" Cadaver answers.



    Quote Originally Posted by WurmD
    huh?

    Arrow slits in the tower make the most sense for this battle:
    - we only have two ranged units to protect
    - we want both of them in the tower so we can cast Repair (on Julienne, and Woodie-the-screener) which we will ABSOLUTELY NEED given all their archers

    Wiz,
    Arrow slit – 1 stone, 8 actions (tower upgrade, position for 1 unit, provides +2 def (stacks with def provided by tower)) [Attacks can only be made in a single direction N,E,S,W]

    16 arrow slits may be made in each direction (N,E,S,W)
    Are these directions correct? Did you mean N, NE, SE, S, SW, NW?

    Deck, with 2 arrow slits pointing N (covers NW, N, NE), and 2 pointing S, we guarantee our two ranged units can fire anywhere while protected, and it costs us
    4 Stone, 32 actions
    You have presumed correctly

    N covers NW N NE
    E covers NE E SE
    S covers SE S SW
    W covers SW W NW
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Your only blind spot would be if the enemy were hugging the outside of the city wall though they would have to cross the moat first and they wouldn't be able to fire at you from there either.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    What I'm wondering is if we could get some nets made with our actions. Capture becomes easier that way
    You can of course attempt to make nets. What do you want to make them from?


    "Alleria, I'm sorry we have not properly welcomed you to this Erf.
    But, a detail, as an archer, do you suffer any range penalties? Is it harder to hit units the farther they are inside the hex?"
    You question Alleria as you are thinking over tactics.

    "There is no need to apologise sire." Alleria replies before considering the question. "A unit is either in range of a ranged attack or it is not, incremental range penalties do not apply." Alleria answers.

    [Without a tactical hex map for combat it is too complicated to keep track of range increments so I will not be doing range penalties. I will simply let you know if the units are too far away from each other to engage in ranged combat]
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    [oh I thought you had decided to save that for later]

    "AC, see Cadaver's scythe? It's a croakamancy focus, makes him cast spells at +1 lvl. We made it today. Would you consider a shockamancy focus item, plus a contract for 100 of your Juice for one ration per turn, in future turns, to be adequate payment for your presence in a battle? Instead of 1000 schmuckers?" You offer.

    "It looks like a nice trinket but I am afraid I am going to have to stick to my guns and say the price for my presence for the battle is 1,000 schmuckers..." AC replies "If you make a Shockamancy focus though maybe I'd be interested in buying it from you..." AC then adds.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Smile warmly. "I understand of course. And as a friend of Cadaver, you would be one of the first people we would sell to... But given our side's current situation, the juice of it's casters, their ability to improve our functioning every turn, is currently a bit inflated over the going prices of the magical kingdom. What it's worth to me to make such a trinket will be far above what the Moneymancers appraise it for. As such, I don't know in how turns you would have to wait till I have the time to make things merely to sell them for shmuckers." you declare.

    "Oh don't worry it's not like I'm desperate for it or anything just if you ever had one going spare and I had a few extra schmuckers we could make a deal..." AC replies.

    (1) I'd suggest that AC charge the tower with one "Dwagon Ball" spell (100 Juice, damage to a whole stack, should wipe one), and 200 Juice (~100 Juice earmarked for Repair spells, 100 Juice earmarked for Seize Undead attempts)
    AC heads to the tower and casts a spell storing it in the tower (Dwagon Ball, level 4 caster) and then funnels his remaining 200 juice and stores it in the tower.

    "Nice doing business with you, if you ever need me again Cadaver knows where to find me!" AC then declares before heading back down to the portal room.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman quickly runs after AC before he steps through the portal. "AC, before you go, could you take a look at this? We know it's a Shockmancy Gem that can explode, but what more do you know of this? How do we set it off, just chucking it at something?" You ask before AC steps through the portal.

    "Facinating, it looks as though any damage to the structure of the gem would cause it to explode so yes throwing it with sufficient force would cause it to explode" AC replies "What is more interesting though is there is literally juice stored within this gem... I would estimate about 100... if you were to draw out this juice you could use it to power your own shockamancy attacks if the juice is used immediately or perhaps even as a power source..." Ac adds.
    ...

    "I really hope to see you again in one of the following Turns, perhaps we can work on a Lightning Rod for you together? If you supply the juice, I could give you a discount perhaps. That is, if we make it past this Turn..." You add.

    "As I said earlier if you need me Cadaver knows where to find me..." AC replies.

    "and! and! Have you looked at prices for shockamancy focus items in the MK? How much would such an item be worth to you?" You finaly ask.

    "Can't say that I have... Maybe a few hundred schmuckers... though I would also be willing to trade in juice or scrolls..." AC declares.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Ok I am hereby retconning arrow slits;

    Arrow slit – 1 stone, 8 actions (tower upgrade, position for 1 unit, provides +2 def (stacks with def provided by tower)) [Attacks can only be made in a single direction NW,N,NE,SE,S,SW] [See division of hex below] [A max of 16 slits may be made in any direction]



    "Wow.. 100 Juice? That's enough for a Dwagon Ball! Do you think such an explosion will affect an entire stack?"
    Can you estimate how much damage this gem will do if thrown? (to see if it would be interesting to ask you to remove the Juice in the gem and channel it into a Dwagon Ball spell that you then cast into the tower)"
    You ask.

    "Yes, yes it is but unless you know how to cast a Dwagon Ball spell it does not help you to do so" AC replies. "Hmmm I'd say less damage than a Dwagon Ball spell but not far off... and yes I would say it could damage an entire stack" AC ponders out loud. "I'm afraid not your tower is now fully charged and any additional spells would be wasted... If your tower was a higher level I probably could though..." AC declares.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "AC! We can now spend actions and Juice to make a shockamancy focus for you. So the question of how much would it be worth to you is raised :). How about 600s?" you offer.

    "Hmmm I could probably afford 300s right now maybe 350s at a pinch..." AC counter offers.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman nods, thinking for a moment. "What about a payment in scrolls? Any form of equipment or actions that could help turn the battle really." you ask.

    "I have a couple of basic Shockamancy scrolls on me that I keep in case of emergency... I usually sell em for 300s a piece." AC replies as he holds out a few scrolls.

    Fiery blast 50 juice a shockamancy attack that can hit 4 units in a stack (defence *1 to hit, deal 10dxcaster level damage)

    Stun-gun 50 juice a shockamancy attack that also stuns the target for one round (defence *1 to hit, deal 10dxcaster level damage)

    Shock-shield 50 juice protect a single unit or structure from a single shockamancy attack
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "How difficult would it be for a non-shockamancer to funnel the energy from the gem into the tower or a spell?" you ask.

    "As long as it's a shockamancy spell that you know not difficult at all..." AC replies. "As for the tower it's designed to receive shockamancy juice so I suppose it should work... If the tower wasn't already fully charged" he adds.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Nods. "And we don't need to use the juice put into the tower in this way for shockamancy?" you ask.

    "Juice stored in the tower may be used to power any spell that you know..." AC replies.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman strokes his chin... "Is 100 juice the maximum capacity of that gem? What do you expect would happen if it was charged beyond it's capacity?" You ask.

    "If over charged I would expect that the gem would explode..." AC replies

    -------------

    "Mahoganie, we will want you to toss the primed mushrooms into the Ogwes' stack (from the walls). Will you be able to cast and toss in a combat round? Do you prefer to cast now, and toss later? something else?" You ask the Dwyad.

    Mahogany nods in response to the first question and then shakes her head in response to the second.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman smiles, a smile one recognizes when another caster makes a mistake while working in your discipline. He hoped by the end of the conversation, both he and AC would be sharing that grin at the Dark One's expense. "And they come fully charged? AC, I wish to amend my offer. A shockamancy focus we will construct next turn and an open ended contract allowing you to exchange 100 juice for upkeep as long as Fanon should stand, in exchange for you attempting two actions in the following combat, with no repercussion on the payment should the attempt fail. The first; using 100 juice from our tower to attempt to remotely charge the shockamancy gems the opposition will be bringing into this hex. The second; Moving 100 juice from the gem into the tower. Though if you feel confident it doesn't lower your chance of success using the juice straight from the gem would be allowed, and should take only one action." Erfman said, imagining a chain of explosives discharges consuming the rear of the enemy formation, the same moment the shocktroopers were detonating against uncroaked stacks or arrows and axes.

    "Afterwards, you would be allowed to retreat to the safety of the Magic Kingdom. Even if the city falls after all your help, the experience would be yours, along with what ever knowledge you gained from the attempt."

    "That is certainly a cunning plan however I fear that the only way to charge a gem is though touch" AC replies. "Needing to wade through the enemy would make the risk too great but on top of that I would not want to be touching the gem when I set it off!" AC declares.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Gathering together your forces and whatever tools that you have access to you set them to work creating arrow slits in the tower where your archers will be able ton fire from while having a modicum of protection.

    12 stone and 96 actions used. 12 arrow slits created

    ---------------

    "You fear or you know?" Erfman asked calmly. "While I could see that these might be designed to be recharged or at least initially charged by a touch, are you certain that it is not within the realm of your discipline to deliver the needed juice to the right position on the battle field?"

    "The gems are not of my creation so I can not even be sure I could charge one first time even if I held it in my hand... Doing so at range would be a lot harder if possible at all and I would at the very least need line of sight which would put me in range of enemy archer fire." AC replies. "I could try if you so wish but keep in mind I have already expended all my juice in to your tower and as there is risk involved it would count as an on location combat solution and as such cost the standard 1,000 schmuckers..." AC finishes.

    Oh, just remembered a skill of Mahogany, Thorns. Once per battle, 3 hits assured. Who to pick? Also, can this hit a Spook? Would be nice to take it down before it Uncroaks anyone
    Yes it can affect Spooks
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman takes the gem back, studying it. "Any damage to this, and the energy discharges... Could you make a shockamancy spell which would be assured to crack any such gems in it's area of effect. A sonic discharge or something?" You ask

    "Yes I know just the spell" AC replies.

    Sonic burst 50 juice an area based shockamancy attack that shatters fragile objects. This attack deals double damage against certain golems. If used against a structure it counts as a siege attack. (defence *1 to hit, deal 10dxcaster level damage)

    And how about you make Erfman ask someone how much XP do they think a turn of training would give?
    If a unit spends a full turn (all actions) training they gain 10xp. If they do so under the guidance of a command unit they gain 15xp
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman smiles. "Alright then. Could you use the juice from the gem or from the tower which will be recharged with the gem to create two scrolls of it for us? In exchange, we will work with you to construct you a shockamancy focus next turn." You request.

    "very well I can make you two scrolls of sonic blast in exchange for a shockamancy focus next turn however as there is no gaurantee that you will be here next turn I will also want to keep the gem once it is depleted to cover the costs of making the scroll..." AC replies.

    Oooooh, nice! How big is the area we can hit with Sonic Burst? One stack?
    The area is fairly small, the amount of units you can hit will depend on their positioning, the max you can hit is 4.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "That sounds fair. You keep the gem as insurance, and tomorrow we'll pay you the 100$ of the material costs in return for the gem." Erfman smiles satisfied

    "Agreed" AC replies taking the shockamancy gem off of you. He then proceeds to drain juice from the tower before creating 2 scrolls of Sonic burst and handing them to to you. Draining the juice from the gem he then channels it in to the tower. With that done AC bids goodbye and finally heads through the portal.

    Shockamancy gem given away. 2x scroll of sonic burst gained

    Gathering your forces together you clamber in to the luggage for another round trip. The luggage first heads directly south taking you to a hilly hex that is now filled with bushes full with fruit.

    The luggage 2 move used

    Sending out one of the Gobwin knights with the harvesting tools you order him to harvest the fruit but not deseed it.

    Gobwin knight 4 actions used 12 fruit gained

    Once done the Gobwin climbs back in to the luggage and you head South west 2 hexes.

    The luggage 4 move used

    Arriving at a mountain hex where a river starts as you poke you head out of the luggage you spot a lone feral billy goat.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Choosing Mahogany to attempt the taming you pass her several pieces of fruit and send her out of the luggage. Mahogany crouches down and rolls the first piece of fruit a short distance in front of her before calmly waiting. The feral Billy goat calmly trots up and tucks in to the fruit. Once the goat is finished Mahogany then places a second piece of fruit in the palm of her hand. The billy goat cautiously approaches before eating out of the palm of the Dwyads hand. With a gentle smile Mahogany strokes the goat on its back.

    Mahogany 2 actions used. 2 pieces of fruit used. Feral Billy Goat tamed.

    With the goat tamed Mahogany then leads it back in to the luggage. You then have the luggage set off once again and head south east 1 hex to the next mountain hex.

    The Luggage 2 move used

    Once in the next mountain hex you have the Gobwins climb out.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    When we took Grim Prisoner did bindings pop automagically?
    Yes

    Could we take a body prisoner?
    No
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    The Gobwins set to work hacking in to the mountainside with their axes, at first they disturb nothing but dirt but soon enough they are bringing up chunks of stone.

    Gobwins 24 actions used. 18 stone and 6 dirt gained

    With your stone harvesting done all the Gobwins climb back in to the luggage and you set off once again crossing 3 hexes until you reach a hill hex filled with fruit bushes.

    The luggage 6 move use

    you are now in the highlighted hex

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Your archers have as many mundane arrows as they need

    Trench around the Tower?
    You could make a shallow trench but dig too deeply and it will be a new entrance to the tunnel zone....
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Sending out Durp with a harvesting tool you have him collect fruit from 3 of the bushes.

    Durp 3 actions used. 9 Fruit gained

    The new goat's upkeep is paid for the turn Yes it is
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Transferring the saddle to the new Billy goat Bob sets off on a scout run of the surrounding mountain hexes. A short while later the two return.

    Billy goat 16 move used

    "Sire feral gobwin two hexes away..." Bob reports as soon as he returns.



    "Cadaver do you think you could cast a debuff spell on uncroaked with your remaining juice? using the tower bonus and your focus with the scythe. Something that would lower their attack or defense?" You ask Cadaver.

    "Yes sire, I can cast an increase decay spell on them... the effect depends on how much decay they have already suffered and how much juice I have used." Cadaver replies.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Cadaver, what would your decay spell do specifically? And how many could you target for how much juice?" you ask.

    "The base spell targets a single unit and has a minimum cost of 25 juice... there's a mass effect version but its more difficult to cast and has a minimum cost of 100 juice" Cadaver replies. "As I stated the effect can vary but decay works as follows..." Cadaver explains.

    Decay level
    10/10 – no change to stats
    9/10 – combat -10%
    8/10 – max hits -10%
    7/10- def -1
    6/10 – combat -25%
    5/10 – max hits – 25%
    4/10 – def -2
    3/10 – combat -50%
    2/10 – max hits -50%
    1/10 – def-3
    0/10 – unit dusted

    Turning to Bowie, Erfman then asks "Chief Bowie, what can you tell us about feral Gobwins?"

    "Feral Gobwins are gobwins that pop natural in the wild... they are exactly the same as the rest of us but they do not start off affiliated to a twibe" Bowie answers.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Hmm.. Grim once said that the Dark One's uncroaked don't decay.. He might have been boasting but perhaps we should consider the coming uncroaked as at 10/10 decay level? Or that they would be immune to more decay?" you declare

    "Cadaver, what is the expected effect of one of your castings? Increase decay by 1? More if lucky? Or more almost always?" you question

    "If I were to use the minimum amount of juice then the most common result would be to reduce decay level by my caster level..." Cadaver replies.

    "Also, looking at the uncroaked Buster drew, what would you guess is the decay level of these uncroaked? The skellies? The piker and archers?" you then ask.

    "Its hard to tell from the scouts sketch... these bone units may be designed to have this signamancy and it may not be due to decay..." Cadaver replies.
    ____

    "Bowie, how easy is for you to recruit feral gobwins to your twibe? If you went and met them?" you then ask the Gobwin chief.

    "If they have no prior affiliation then feral gobwins are usually very willing to join the first twibe they come across." Bowie replies.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    *Erfman looks at Billie and ponders, she has a carrying capacity of 2 now, but does she need a second saddle to make use of it? Or if Bowie rode out, could the extra gobwin be carried back with him?*
    When Billie has the saddle she can carry 2 light units, so yes Bowie and a Gobwin would be fine


    "Cadaver, how many units could the mass version of the spell affect?" you ask.

    "At my level of mastery it will affect a single stack but with greater mastery it could affect multiple stacks... the more stacks it effects though the more juice intensive it will be..." Cadaver replies.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Bowie returns the saddle to Billie and climbs onboard before setting off to collect the feral Gobwin.

    Billie 8 move used, Bowie 8 move used, Gobwin 4 move used

    Once Bowie returns with your new Gobwin you all climb in to the Luggage and head back to Fanon

    The Luggage 2 move used

    Once back in Fanon you head straight to the portal room and post a letter through the portal.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Dotti Crosst,

    I find my side in a dire situation. We have a large enemy force near our city and require time to prepare. My knowledge of Signamancy is limited, but is there any spell you could cast that could give us more time. A forced contact that would give us a non aggression pact with the Dark one for a turn. Baring that could a contact be crafted that between my side and a prisoner we have. Stating that if he turns to our side we will take steps to capture as many living Dark one units as is possible. That if he isn't satisfied with how our side works after three turn he will be release and free to go barbarian or return to the dark one service, but having a non aggression pact with Grim "for three turns after he leaves our service? I understand this is a complicated request. Perhaps you would like to come to my city and discuss it in person. I will pinky swear no harm will come to you and no one in fanom will try and bar you from returning to the MK. I would of course pay for your services, but it would have to be in rations this turn or magic items or money next turn. Also any caster who would be willing to work for the same terms we would gladly hire for the turn. Please respond as soon as possible!

    King Erfman


    A short while later a scout runs up to you envelope in hand.

    Dear King Erfman,

    I am afraid signamancy enforced contracts require the other party to sign them before they can be enforced so unless you can get the Dark One or this Grim to sign a contract there will be little I can do. If however they do agree just let me know and I can easily enforce the contract with signamancy.

    Yours sincerely

    Dotti Crosst

    Then estimate action cost of:
    - harvesting hay,
    - spreading it near and in the building in a manner a candle being toppled by a bunny would start a fire that can grow to inferno
    - digging a hole big enough for a bird (should be free, non permanent tunnels were free)
    - covering it up
    - disguising the covered hole
    -Harvest hay 1 action = 5 units of hay
    -Spread hay 1 action to spread out 5 units of hay
    -Dig hole and then cover it = 1 action
    -Disguise hole - how do you plan to disguise it?


    Erfman nods and smiles. What you're saying is that it is our best interest to have you rank up over subsequent turns. You as a level six master Croakamancer, on a level 2 tower with a level 2 focus... you could destroy every uncroaked in the hex, unless it saved against the effect?" Cadaver always seems a bit down on himself, so Erfman is going to try and inspire him to strive for something again.

    "Isn't it always in your interest to have your casters rank up..." Cadaver replies "I'm sure a level six master dollamancer would be just as effective..." he adds.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Billie, Mahogany carrying a candle, the 2 Hogs, a Bird, and the Wabbit cross the border of Fanon and go to the farm hex.

    All the above 2 move used

    Once at the farm Mahogany takes her time gathering up as much hay as she can carry before carefully arranging it in such a way that they would later be easily able to start a fire that would quickly spread to the farm.

    Mahogany 2 actions used

    Bending down Mahogany then digs a shallow hole with her hands before placing a knitted messenger bird inside and covering it with dirt.

    Mahogany 2 actions used

    The Hogs meanwhile scratch around the place roughing up and disturbing as much ground as possible so that it would be hard to spot a single spot that has been dug.

    Hog 1+2 4 actions used

    Mahogany then places the candle inside the farm with the uncroaked Wabbit watching over it.

    With their job done Billie, Mahogany and the two hogs head back to Fanon.

    Billie, Mahogany, Hog 1+2 2 move used

    (The trap is set!)
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Cadaver, how much does it cost to uncroak one unit? How much would it cost to mass-uncroack all bodies in a hex?" you ask

    "To uncroak a unit in a good condition I would need to use an amount of juice roughly equal to that units upkeep..." Cadaver replies. "I could cast a mass uncroaking with a minimum of 100 juice though due to a lack of focus they will usually already be in advanced decay..." Cadaver adds.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Heading down to the tunnel zone with a ramshackle collection of units you set to work reinforcing the tunnels building two dirt walls and a single stone wall.

    18 actions, 10 dirt and 5 stone used

    How much will it cost to promote a garrison unit to field unit?
    50s

    "Mahogany could you make your attack with the mushroom from the tower. Also does the tower boost your caster level?" you ask.

    Mahogany shakes her head in response to your first question then shakes her head in response to the second.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    End of Turn!





    The Dark Sides turn begins
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Heading to the tower to prepare your defence your ruler senses suddenly tingle as you realise Fanon's battle space has been encroached by enemy units, moments later Cadaver calls out to you.

    "Sire enemy units spotted in the farm hex, one stack of four archers and four pikers" Cadaver reports. "Your orders?" he then asks.

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Spy them from inside the building (next to the candle), if archers aim at you, knock down the candle"

    "Sire the uncroaked stack has entered the farm building" Cadaver reported as he focused on the croakamancy helm and through it his Wabbit. "They are heading straight towards the Wabbit. We have lit the fire. The uncroaked are ignoring the flames and firing on the Wabbit" he then added.

    "I'm sorry Sire I cannot see anymore as the Wabbit has been dusted" Cadaver declares bowing his head.

    A short while later your ruler senses alert you to the fact that the farm has been destroyed and you are now the owner of a level 0 farm site.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Wiz, *Erfman ponders, could he cast a Seize Uncroaked, while also ordering the Tower to spend the Juice in such a fashion, or would a caster need to spend his focus for the combat round solely directing the tower?*
    You may order the tower to unleash it's stored juice as ranged shockamancy blasts as a free action but it will just blast what ever is closest.

    If you wish to pick targets it will occupy a command units actions for the round though it need not be a caster.

    Releasing a stored spell from the tower will take a casters action for the round.

    Casting a scroll will take a casters action for the round.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman turns to Cadaver.
    "You mentioned earlier that for more advanced units, you need more juice to turn. Do you think you could turn a Spook?"
    Erfman then explains what they know of the Spooks, what they can do (turn invisible, Uncroak fallen units, fire energy attacks).
    "Do you think the Spooks are Uncroaked?"

    "I will not know if I am able until I try..." Cadaver replies. "One thing is certain, if they are indeed uncroaked they are the most advanced uncroaked I have ever heard of and surely made by a master at the art of croakamancy!" Cadaver declares.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    [quote="wiz"]"Are you willing to try Cadaver? This seems like an incredible challenge to you, and if you succeed, you will likely learn many secrets of Croakamancy from the Spook itself!
    How much Juice would you like to have for one attempt?"
    you ask.

    "I am willing to try Sire if that is what you desire" Cadaver replies. "But it must be your decision for it is your kingdom that is at stake..." he adds.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    CyperWizWurmD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2019

    Default Re: Erfman the Barbarian

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Compilation of Game Thread)

    Initial positions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Airspace

    -

    Tower

    Stack 1- Hiding

    Scout

    Stack 2

    Erfman
    Messenger bird
    Messenger bird
    Julienne
    Alleria
    Woody - screening
    Cadaver
    The Luggage

    Garrison

    Stack 1 - hiding

    Scout

    Courtyard

    Stack 1 - Hiding

    Scout

    Stack 2

    Bob
    Billie
    Hog
    Hog

    Walls

    Stack 1 - Hiding

    Scout

    Stack 2 - protected by crenelations, NOT looking out


    Mahogany
    Jessie - screening
    Pan (new goat)

    Outside walls

    -

    Dungeons

    Stack 1 - Guarding Grim

    Scout

    Stack 2 - Hiding

    Scout

    Tunnels

    Stack 1 - Hiding

    Scout

    Stack 2

    Bowie
    Burp
    Durp
    Gobwin knight
    Gobwin knight
    Gobwin knight
    Gobwin knight
    Gobwin knight

    Stack 3 - on lookout

    Gobwin

    Stack 4 - on lookout

    Gobwin

    Stack 5

    Lothar
    Buster
    [/quote]

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    The battle begins!

    You wait anxiously in Fanon's tower stacked up with your units expecting to be attacked at any moment. You resist the urge to pace back and fourth but you can't help but stare out through one of the arrow slits that you have stationed your stack by every so often looking to see if the enemy army is in sight. The presence of your golems in your stack is a calming one at least, you know they are well built and sturdy and with your caster bonus any units that dare attack your stack will surely regret it. The other thing that calms your nerves slightly is the presence of the juice that now flows through the tower itself that you know will respond to your command.

    After what felt like a thousand turns your ruler senses suddenly tingle as the hex becomes contested and horns blare due to the presence of hostile units in the hex.

    Staring out through the nearest arrow slit your eye is drawn to two hulking forms. The pair of Ogwe's move differently to the one that last attacked your city and this pair are dressed in thick black plate and are dragging something behind them. Around the brutes six infantry scutter. Although the most eye catching this is not the only stack to have invaded your hex, flanking this stack one on either side are two full stacks of infantry moving with military precision.

    Almost unnoticed behind the stacks of infantry a line of tiny units flutter 8 black and two magenta. These little birds are single stacked and you just make out that they seem to be carrying something in their talons.

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 1

    With the enemy in sight you are strangely finally able to relax as waiting for a battle to happen wore on your nerves a lot worse than actually fighting it.

    The enemy begin their charge with their three stacks moving forwards, the two stacks of infantry run straight towards the walls while siege stack lumbers slightly slower behind them. The Wavens in their single stacks meanwhile begin to fly towards the walls.

    You are prepared however and with a wave of a hand towards Alleria you command "take down the Wavens!" "Cadaver seize that one on the end!" you then add.

    Closing his eyes to focus Cadaver begins to channel his juice and chant. "Cranium, Clavicle, Patella, Metatarsels!" Cadaver cries before his eyes fly open. "It's mine!" he then declared. (25 juice used)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Uncroaked Magenta Waven
    Hits: 1 Combat: 1 Defence: 1 Move: 12
    Croakamntic decay state: 10/10
    Special: uncroaked, flight, Bubblegum blood


    Quickly plucking arrows from his quiver the archer knight fires them one by one in quick succession. The arrows briefly fill the sky before raining down upon their targets. One by one the Wavens are dusted with not a single target missed. With the Wavens gone their cargo is abruptly dropped to earth. What you had feared to be shockamancy gems now appear to be small black stones. As they hit the ground however a series of clicks can be heard before before they begin to hiss. Thick black smoke is then released and begins to drift across the battlefield making it hard to see.

    Raising his voice Erfman then makes a proclamation to the living troops. "Living Units of Darkside, our quarrel is not with you. Your overlord may not value your lives throwing you against our walls and swords as an expendable first wave... but we here of Fanon do. If you stand down, you will not come to harm. If you fake incapacitation in the battle, you will be treated well. Do not let your story end this day." you declare, however being safely away from the front lines and inside the tower you are not sure if your voice can be heard.

    The enemy however continue charging forwards through the smoke. "Julienne croak the warlord!" You order causing the dervish golem to very carefully hurl her axe through the arrow slit. The axe flies down in to the smoke and you hear a cry of pain however a Stabber drops to the ground croaked instead of your intended target.

    By now the two stacks of stabbers have reached the trench that surrounds the city and to your surprise without hesitation they all climb and jump down in to it. The siege stack is just behind and though they are one Stabber down they have not slowed. The two Ogwes then shove the trunks of the two large trees that they had been dragging straight over the trench and the stack begins to clamber over it.

    Mahogany then makes her appearance popping her head out over the wall. Seeing the siege stack below her she reaches out her hand and drops the Arkenfiend mushroom while channeling her juice. The mushroom seems to glow for the briefest of moments before it erupts in a thick cloud of brown. The enemy stack begins to cough and splutter before the stabbers and one Ogwe come to a stop with vacant looks on their faces.

    At the boundary to the hex through all the smoke you can just about spot more units crossing the border.

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    1) is the smoke blocking our view of the units near wall and does it appear to be damaging or just a screen.
    The smoke appears to be mildly obscuring your view of them. As far as you can tell it's just normal smoke.

    "Cadaver, what does the special 'Bubblegum blood' mean?", Erfman asks Cadaver.

    "Weird I have never heard of a croakamancy related special with such a name" Cadaver replies.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 2

    Seizing on the confusion of the stack at the wall and trying to rile up the dazed Dark units against their more resilient , Erfman shouts from the tower, "Oh no, the Dark One has sent a Warlord and an Ogwe to kill you, quick, get them before they get you!"

    Your shout seems to have an immediate but rather varied effect. "The Darkside the Darkside is coming! Run run for your lives!" the first Stabber cries in hysterics. At these shouts a second Stabber goes very pale and abruptly faints. "Wait but were from the Darkside?" a third Stabber declares seemingly snapping out of his confusion only to jump back in surprise as the fourth Stabber lashes out grazing his chest and dealing 1 hit on the process. The Ogwe meanwhile wobbles back and fourth in a daze.

    With the siege stack in disarray you turn to cadaver with a slight smile on your lips. "Shock troopers now!" you order as you pull out a scroll. In tandem you both begin to chant as you draw on the scroll while Cadaver channels his juice. You frown in annoyance as the scroll in your hand fizzles out without you having taken control of the uncroaked. Cadaver meanwhile has a look of concentration upon his face as the other Shock Trooper begins to turn around.

    Julienne and Alleria meanwhile line up their shots at the biggest apparent threat. Releasing a volley of arrows Alleria watches as they bury themselves in to the Ogwe dealing 6 hits. Julienne meanwhile hurls her axe and it slams in to the Ogwe's shoulder dealing another 10 hits.

    Uncroaked archers meanwhile oblivious of the approaching shock trooper raises their Bows and launch a volley of arrows straight towards the walls, straight at where Mahogany was last seen. The arrows are many and they rain down upon the walls straight towards the Dwyad. The Golem Jessie however does her job and shields the Dwyad with her body. Jessie ends up covered in arrows as she suffers 8 hits.

    Engrossed in firing at the walls the archers don't notice as one of shock troopers charges in to their mist. There is a brief flash of light and a boom and when the smokes cleared all that is left of the stack is pair of pikers and a single archer standing in a burnt out crater.

    Next there is a cry of surprise as the ground beneath the feet of one of the stacks of stabbers suddenly gives way. The ensuring fight is as brutal as it chaotic as the Darkside stabbers find themselves surrounded by Gobwin knights. The first kills however are claimed by Buster as he just seems to materialise out of the shadows and in the blink of the eye he had decapitated one Stabber and stabbed another through the heart. The Gobwins then set to work hacking their enemy to pieces and when they were done there was not a unit left standing and only two Gobwins had been hurt at 6 hits a piece.

    Mahogany meanwhile leads a retreat abandoning the walls and pulling back in to the courtyard with her stack. The Magenta Waven meanwhile completely unnoticed dies the same and flies to the tower.

    While this is going on the Darkside forces are not idle. The unopposed stack of stabbers in the trench each pull out a rope with a hook on the end and hurl it up the wall. Once they have caught a hold the Stabber stack begin to scale the wall.

    "Bring it down!" the warlord commands in a gravely voice as he breaks stack and drops back forming up with the next rank of stabbers. The Ogwe obedient to the command slams it club in to the wall making it shake.


    "Trooper into the hole, uncroaked cover him!" the warlord then commands pointing to the hole in the trench where a stack of stabbers were not long ago.

    The shock trooper and the stack of uncroaked merge in to one as they dash in to the hole to be greeted by a rather surprised bunch of Gobwins.

    Off in the distance yet more units can be seen crossing the hex boundary.

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Cadaver! Peer down, can you Seize the Shock Trooper that jumped into the trench?? Do it NOW before it vanishes!"

    "It's out of my line of sight Sire, I can sense 9 uncroaked down there but I'm not sure which one it is..." Cadaver replies "I could guess but I could end up taking control of the wrong unit..." Cadaver adds. "What do you want me to do?" he asks.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz


    U = uncroaked stack

    G = Gobwin stack

    L = lookout Gobwin

    R = reserve stack

    S = Scout

    G = Grim
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    *Erfman ponders, is he aware of flanking combat bonus? Or when he dumped everyone out of the Luggage into the ground, did they suffer defense penalties?*

    Both confer a penalty to defence
    Shock Troopers, same stats as a stabber
    Level 1 Stabber
    Hits: 5 Combat: 10 Defence: 4 Move: 8
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 3

    "Cadaver send the Waven so that you can see then seize that shock trooper!" Erfman orders.

    Erfman then begins to draw juice from the tower... there is a bright flash of light that shoots down from the tower arcing straight over the city walls before slamming in to the Ogwe. The Ogwe let's out a loud grunt of surprise and the air is filled with the smell of burning flesh but the powerful brute does not drop. (15 hits dealt)

    Alleria focuses on the shock trooper on the right firing a single arrow. She manages to hit the shock trooper and despite arrows are not the best choice of weapons against skeletons she managed to pierce its skull. There is a loud bang and where one of the uncroaked stood moments before there is nothing but a crater. .

    Julienne meanwhile focused on the shock trooper on the left. The axe seemed to be guided by some unseen hand and buried itself in to the uncroaked's skull. The resulting explosion sent the axe flying and rather than returning to its wielder it crashed down to the ground badly scorched.

    Back on the ground the enemy warlord calls out in a deep gravelly voice. "Archers return fire!" he cries pointing straight towards you. Almost as one the uncroaked pull their bow strings back before releasing a volley of arrows straight towards the tower. The arrows sail through the air briefly darkening the sky though the majority of the crash vainly against the walls of the tower. Two lucky arrows however find their way through the arrow slit and bury themselves in to a golem. (Julienne 3 hits, Woody 3 hits)

    With a silent command Erfman recalls Jessie to join him in the tower and she breaks stack to begin her ascent. Cadaver conversely silent orders the Waven away so that it can act as his eyes.

    Meanwhile underground the Gobwins are fighting their own war. The Gobwin knights begin to back away having spotted the approaching shock trooper while a lone brave Gobwin steps forwards to slow them down. With a battle cry the Gobwin lashes out slamming its axe in to the first uncroaked that dare approach dealing 3 hits. The poor Gobwin however is quickly cut down in return.

    While the uncroaked are busy the Gobwins in reserve attack the roof of the tunnel collapsing a portion of the ceiling between them and the uncroaked.

    The Gobwin stack meanwhile digs their way further forwards until they are confident they can feel the vibrations of units overhead. There is no cry of surprise this time when the ground caved in as they seemed to be expecting such a tactic. Buster once again was the first to strike taking a Stabber by surprise and piercing his chest with his blade. The fight was then on as violent as ever. Every attack directed at the warlord however was intercepted by a Stabber. One by one the stabbers fell in defence of their lord and by the end of it six stabbers lay croaked with the seventh having sustained a wound (3 hits) the war, the eighth and the warlord however were completely unharmed. The brief exchange ended when the powerfully built warlord brought his axe down and split the Gobwin knight in front of him in two. Other than that only 1 other Gobwin had been hurt in the brief exchange suffering 6 hits.

    "Pitiful!" The warlord growled out as the Gobwin's body dropped. "Stabbers to me!" he then bellowed as he gave a silent order.

    The two nearest stacks of uncroaked stabbers marched over. The warlord and his two surviving stabbers dropped back replacing 3 uncroaked in the stack while the other stack marched in to the hole and engaged the Gobwins. Tired from their last fight the Gobwins found themselves on the defensive and despite their best efforts one was cut down and a second suffered 2 hits.

    Back at the wall the badly damaged ogwe slams it's club in the wall once again causing cracks to spiderweb across its surface. The second Ogwe meanwhile abruptly collapses and falls to the ground unconscious. One of the dazed stabbers meanwhile drops it's sword and begins taking off its armour. "What's going on?" the second Stabber questions snapping out of its daze.

    On the wall itself the stabber stack has now reached the top and takes a position looking out over the courtyard.

    With the Waven in position Cadaver then draws juice from the tower and begins chanting. "Got it!" he then declares scrunching his eyes tightly shut.

    Once again at the hex boundary more units can be seen entering the hex

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    So after factoring in Erfman's goggles you spot a Spook hovering just behing Redshirt's stack

    As a rule of thumb actions occur in the following order;

    Your spells -> enemy spells -> your ranged attacks -> enemy ranged attacks -> your melee attacks that don't require movement -> enemy melee attacks that don't require movement -> your movement actions -> enemy movement actions -> post movement actions


    you can wait for something to happen first before you take your specific action though i.e., what happened with Cadavers seize spell


    ----

    ooh someone asked earlier if these batch of wavens were uncroaked... no they are alive... so are the knights
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Wiz how are the wall looking?
    They look like they could take another couple of hits from the Ogwe before falling

    Also can the princes stack screen for the Spook if they are not stacked
    It is possible but has a much lower chance of success

    "Cadaver, if knight class archers like Alleria were mass-uncroaked, and were raised at the 1/10 level of decay, they would have -3 def, 50% hits and 50% Combat? Is this correct?" you ask.

    "The amount of decay depends on the users skill at croakamancy, the amount of juice used and the number of units uncroaked but if they were uncroaked at their weakest then yes they would have -3 def, 50% hits and 50% Combat Cadaver replies

    Wiz! does the Dollamancy focus help Erfman when casting hoboken?
    No, Hoboken is shockamancy

    "Alleria! Can you see the Spook behind redshirt?!"

    "If you point it out Sire I'm sure I could get off a shot" Alleria replies.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 4

    Standing in the tower of Fanon Erfman watched over the battle like a Titan from on high. He carefully watched the best opportunity to release the full force of the power stored in the tower.

    "Alleria the spook is about 12 foot behind and 5 foot to the left of Redshirt, hit him with everything you have got!" you instruct. Alleria gives a brief nod "I see it!" she declared as she pulls back her bow. The arrow whizzed out of the tower and over the wall, the ghost then let out a grief filled wail as whatever stuff it was made out of was torn as the arrow passed through it. (5 hits taken).

    "So they can see the Spooks and they have weapons that can hurt them... this changes the plan somewhat..." Prince Redshirt declared. "Spooks take possession of a stack of uncroaked each!" he then commanded. The Spook then seemed to fade away as it drifted towards a Stack of uncroaked archers and pikers.

    "Archers concentrate all fire on the tower, that's where their leadership is going to be" the gravely voiced warlord declared. The archers released their volleys and once again the sky was darkened by arrows. There were so many arrows in the sky that a few could not help but make their way through the arrow slits and the two golems were hit once again. (Julienne 11 hits Woody 4 hits)

    Erfman meanwhile orders Mahogany to climb up the tower with a silent command. Taking Pan with her she sets off and climbs up the tower. By the time she reaches the top however the Spook is no where in sight but you are able to point out the uncroaked it seemed to disappear into.

    "We take Redshirt out of this fight now!" You declare as you pass a scroll of sonic burst to Cadaver. You then begin the act of releasing the stored Dwagon ball spell from the tower. A tiny sphere of flame shoots out of the tower and rockets downwards straight towards Redshirt's stack. As it hits the ground there is an almighty explosion as the dirt is thrown up in to the air. When the dust cloud clears all but one of the Wavens have been completely roasted alive while the last looks badly burnt. (11 hits taken). The knights meanwhile have fared a little better one lies croaked while the rest are badly wounded (8,10,12 and 14 hits taken). Prince Redshirt however stands just the same as before though the last traces of a sphere of energy can be seen fading away from around his form.

    Redshirt opens his mouth as if to speak but before he can there is an incredible boom like a rumble of thunder from the titans. The last Waven croaks in the blast as do two more knights. Redshirt himself looks most displeased as he takes 4 hits.

    "Little brother what kind of welcome home is this!" Prince Redshirt calls out. "So intent to steal my throne that you would croak your own kin?" he calls.

    Hardly noticed the magenta Waven flies over and drops its smoke pellet and then in the resulting smoke cloud it lands on the axe. Unable to activate it the Waven is however able to pick it up and begin flying back to the tower.

    While this is going on a glowing uncroaked suddenly emerges from underground and charges towards the heavily built warlords stack. As soon as it reaches there is yet another blast. When the smokes clears the two stabbers lie croaked and three of the uncroaked have been dusted. Two badly damaged uncroaked remain (3 and 4 hits taken) and a pissed off looking warlord. (4 hits taken). "They're using our Damn uncroaked against us! They must have a croakamancer!" he bellows.

    Meanwhile underground your reserve stack joins up with your main Gobwin strike force to fight off the uncroaked infantry. Without the element of surprise the fighting is tough. Five uncroaked are dusted and a sixth takes one hit but in return a Gobwin knight is croaked.

    Meanwhile the lone Gobwin look out collapses another tunnel to slow the enemies advance.

    With the Gobwins last ambush point still open however more uncroaked are able to march in to back up the uncroaked infantry. They were able to badly injure another two Gobwins (7 hits each)

    The Ogwe meanwhile continued its assault upon the walls slamming its massive club against the foundations cause it to violently shake as it's surface splintered with cracks and chunks broke off. (Looks like 1 more good hit will bring the wall down).

    The last Stabber affected by the mushroom cloud having by now completely stripped off, charges towards his stack mates in a mad rage wearing nothing and holding no weapons. With little other choice they quickly cut him down.

    The two warlords then begin calling out orders and organising their stacks. Prince redshirt and the two remaining knights form a stack with the mummies and charge towards the cover of the wall leaving the archers of the mummy stack to form up with the remains of an uncroaked archer stack. The heavy set warlord meanwhile pulls together the remnants of a few stacks and forms a stack of his own. "Stabbers on the wall hold your position and call out enemy locations on the other side of the wall!" he then orders.

    They then began moving infantry units up close to the wall in preparation for when it would fall while leaving their archer stacks in a position that they could still fire over the wall.


    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 5

    Deciding now you have no choice but to mass uncroak all the croaked units you turn to cadaver. "Wait until that Ogwe goes down and then uncroak everything!" You order.

    "Do not let the fact that Fate left me in a better position to keep the throne of Fanon out of the hands of the Dark One come between us brother! Turn back to Fanon! The side that popped you, and we shall put this aside and come to know as brothers should! Every unit with you is welcome to do the same! Despite the efficiency of the tactics needed to even your Numbers advantage, the side of Fanon would prefer not to end any lives this turn!" you then shout out at the top of your voice.

    Back at the Wall Prince Redshirt is giving orders of his own. "Get those mounts up and over here now!" he barks. In response one of the possessed uncroaked's eyes begin to glow with dark energy before all five of the giant Waven mounts slowly climb to their feet.

    "Hit the Ogwe with everything you have!" you then order causing Julliene to unleash her axe and Alleria to fire his bow. Both axe and arrow hit the Ogwe dealing a combined 11 hits. The Ogwe wobbles back and fourth for a moment and then finally drops down croaked.

    As soon as the Ogwe hits the ground Cadaver begins to draw juice from the tower and chanting at the top of his voice. There is a wave of croakamantic energy across the the hex and then the croaked begin to rise. (Ding! Cadaver is now an adept croakamancer)

    Prince Redshirt sighs as the croaked rise up around him. "Archers maintain fire on the tower, infantry engage these pathetic attempt at an uncroaked!" he then orders.

    The three archer stacks once again pull back their bows and release a volley towards the tower. A number of arrows find their way through the slits and in to the tower and Julliene ends up taking 7 hits while Woody takes 6.

    Back at the wall one of the Darkside Stabber calls out. "My lord units in the courtyard heading for the walls!" he cries as Bob charges forwards seeking the protection of the walls.

    Before Redshirt has a chance to do anything about it the recently uncroaked engage. The Ogwe clambers back to its feet along with two stabbers and is soon joined by a Gobwin and a stack of stabbers as they emerge from beneath the ground. As one they all converge on the burly warlords stack. An uncroaked is crushed by the Ogwe's club and 3 more and a living stabber are quickly cut down by the uncroaked but in return the warlord and his stabbers are able to dust an entire stack of uncroaked.

    Meanwhile underground yet more uncroaked had risen. Letting the two groups of uncroaked fight Bowie led his stack back and collapsed a tunnel sealing off the entrance. Six badly decayed uncroaked however were never going to be a match for eleven in good condition and though they managed to dust one and damage another a single hit they were all dusted in return.

    Back above ground Prince Redshirt's personal guard had risen again and along with two stabbers they marched towards an archer stack. The remnants of the pikers though were ready and lashed out with their spears dusting the two stabbers. The knights however dusted the Pikers in return.

    While all the fighting was going on the Magenta Waven swooped down and dive bombed the warlords stack. As soon as it hit the Waven exploded covering the warlord and a nearby Stabber in sticky pink goo.

    "Clean up this mess then bring down the wall, get the other Ogwe up... Croak it if you have to" Prince Redshirt orders before standing up and turning to face the tower. "Dearest brother let us discuss this as men shall we, you must remember you are after all sitting on my throne! " Prince Redshirt called back. "I'm coming up to talk!" he then declared. The five uncroaked Wavens swooped forwards and four mummies and one living knight climbed aboard a mount each. They then took flight flying straight over the walls accompanied by Prince Redshirt who flew completely unaided. The five Wavens flew out front in a vanguard formation screening for the prince as he flew. The stack then flew upwards until they were hovering above the tower.

    Back on the ground a stack of uncroaked moved in on the uncroaked Ogwe's stack and quickly cut them down dusting all of them.

    With the enemy getting closer you draw juice from the tower and begin to channel it in to Julliene repairing all the damage she has received so far. (18 hits restored)
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Brother! Let us parley! Have your units retreat to the hex's edge and we won't shoot now!" you call out.

    Erfman looks upwards through the arrowslit. "I am not the reason that you are a foreign warlord, rather then the sovereign or heir of this Kingdom, Brother. The blame for that lies with The Dark One. I am not the reason our Father croaked before I even had a chance to meet him... that too lies at the feet of the Dark One. Right where he wants to keep you." Erfman said, as the battle raged around him. Part of him felt like he should be congratulating Cadavar on making Adept, but it would be bad form to turn away from a conversation with another Royal, let alone with an enemy commander, and especially with his brother on their first meeting.

    "But I have Faith brother. The Titans forged the Royals out of the most noble of Stuff, Fate, and Numbers. If you retain your memories, your honor, then the chains the Dark One have on your mind cannot hold you down forever. Let me help you, as brothers should." you declared.


    "Brother you are not the one that is in the position of power here... it is you who must have all your units stand down or I shall destroy every last one..." Prince Redshirt replied in a cold and cruel voice.

    "You do not wish to surrender to the Dark One I can understand that..." Redshirt called down. "But do not despair you do not need to! Hand the city back to Me and I shall rule it as it's rightful King!" Redshirt continued. "Choose to serve me aswell and I will even be able to protect you from the Dark One... I am the only one who can!" Prince Redshirt finished.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman smiles. "An interesting proposal. You are an older and more experience unit, having seen more than I of what Erfworld truly is. There is a good bet you might be a wiser ruler then I. However, as Fanon's current ruler I do have a duty to it and every one of it's units. I must take precautions which are reasonable. If you wish to go forward with a peaceful transfer of power, then land and turn to Fanon. Bring with you every unit you can. After we've been told by a croakamancer and thinkamancer examining you that you are not unduly susceptible to control by the Dark One or we after slay him, I will abdicate my rule to you and serve under you. I thus pinky swear!" Erfman says, with warm and hospitable voice, wanting to welcome his brother home.

    "Is that agreeable, Prince Redshirt of Fanon?" you declare.

    "No little brother, you and all your units will surrender immediately. I will claim the city and as I am generous I shall then allow you and your units to turn to me." Redshirt shot back. "You have five seconds to agree..." Redshirt then declared as he lifted up his sword and pointed it towards your stack. As he did so shockamancy seemed to dance around the blade.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 6

    As Prince Redshirt pointed his sword with shockamancy dancing all over its surface in your direction and began to count down you gave the mental order of "Now!". There is a sudden flurry of activity as Cadaver unfurls his final scroll and begins to cast. There is a loud boom and two Wavens go up in dust dropping their riders. The living knight's face hits the floor and he is instantly incapacitated, a mummy meanwhile awkwardly hits the ground and takes four hits. The blast from the sonic burst injured a third Waven dealing 5 hits and Prince Redshirt dealing 5 hits once again.

    Mahogany meanwhile slams her palm on to the ground and in response a short distance infront of her a wicked looking vine covered in razor sharp thorns shoots out of the ground and strikes at Redshirt dealing 3 hits before disappearing back from where it came.

    Your surprise attack is not over however and you cry "Hoboken!" As you draw juice from the tower. The blast of raw shockamancy slams in to the nearest remaining Waven instantly dusting it and sending its rider sprawling to the tower floor dealing it 5 hits in the process.

    Julliene and Alleria then join in focusing their fire on yet another Waven. Despite both hitting their target they fail to dust the Waven and deal a total of 11 hits.

    Prince Redshirt lets out a cry of pure rage in response to the focussed assault and thrusts the tip of his blade in your direction. The gathered shockamancy leaps from the blade dives straight towards you like a bolt of lightning! Before the bolt of Shockamancy is able to hit you however Jullienne steps infront of you and takes the hit. The hardy Dervish Golem is badly scorched and seems melted in places and the single blast managed to deal her 10 hits. What that would have done to you if she had not intercepted the attack is not worth thinking about!

    Back on the ground the fighting continues. As the only obvious enemy units in sight the archers all focus fire on the uncroaked knights. The resulting arrow storm is somewhat of an overkill as the knights are dealt enough hits to dust them three times over.

    Bowie's oversized stack meanwhile tunnels into the perfect position underground and then strikes. An archery stack suddenly disappears from sight and in the ensuring battle the archers do not stand a chance and are swiftly dusted, the pikers put up a better fight managing to deal 9 hits between them however they too are dusted. When the dust clears Bowie blinks in surprise realising he is now staring in to the eyes of a spook.

    Back in the city Bob responds to your silent command and makes a mad dash across the courtyard, in to the garrison and up the stairs to the roof of the tower just in time to see your stack being engaged by knight class units. Erfman however is being valiantly defended by his Golems and between Woody, the Luggage and a brave messenger bird they are able to dust one of the mummys. The golems however do not get off unscathed and both Woody and Julienne take 3 hits each.

    Now that reinforcements have arrived you quickly reorganise your stack.

    Prince Redshirt however does not seem to fancy the odds he is facing and with one last scowl he turns from the tower and races back towards the walls.

    At the base of the wall meanwhile the heavily built warlord shouts a string of curses as a stack of uncroaked attempt to cut him free from the gumming. At the same time a knight and a Stabber attempted to wake the last remaining Ogwe.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    CyperWizWurmD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2019

    Default Re: Erfman the Barbarian

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 7

    With the threat posed by the mummies close at hand you reorganise your stack for both safety and to maximise combat though you take the risk of dividing the stacks attention to have Alleria target one of the smaller stacks on the ground. Drawing her bow back once again the archer knight is able to take the enemy completely by surprise croaking an already badly wounded knight.

    Julienne breaks stack drawing all four of her blades and ploughs straight in to the enemy stack as she begins to spin like a buzzsaw her blades becoming little more than a blur of motion. Julienne manages to dust one Waven and land blows on all the other members of the stack dealing 3 hits to the other waven and 2, 8 and 8 hits to each of the mummies. Bob mounted on Billie then slams in to the enemy dusting a mummy and is then followed by his stack and Erfman's own stack. Between all of them they are able to dust the entire Darkside stack though while they are doing so they are able to deal 6 hits to Julienne.

    Meanwhile underground Bowie is busy with a spook. The spook lets off a loud shriek before releasing a blast of energy dropping the nearest uncroaked gobwin like it had had its string cut while a second was dealt 4 hits. The Gobwin stack though surprised at facing a spook fought with surprising ferocity. The two remaining uncroaked Gobwins found themselves unable to hurt the spook as their weapons past through it. The rest of the Gobwins and knights with their magic weapons were another story and with a concerted effort were able to mist the spook leaving nothing but a rapidly dissipating mist.

    Prince Redshirt meanwhile from his position perched upon the walls began calling out orders. "Stabbers advance and take the Garrison, Archers move up to the wall, uncroaked archers maintain fire upon the tower all uncroaked stabbers with me!" he cried as he leapt back from the wall and landed on the ground.

    The uncroaked archers immediately did as instructed and released a volley of arrows at the tower. As the arrows rained down upon the tower they struck one of the screening Hog dealing 9 hits.

    The stabbers on the wall as soon as they were ordered began charging down the stairs and across the courtyard until they reached the Garrison. When they got there they found the doors to the Garrison closed so they instantly began attacking the doors.

    The living archers meanwhile dashed forwards to the ropes that the stabbers had left and quickly scaled the walls taking up the position that the stabbers had deserted.

    Behind the walls Prince Redshirt could be heard shouting. "Why is that Ogwe not up? What do you mean you are out of juice... where is the other Spook?" Redshirt shouted. "His stack disappeared underground? Right time to deal with those ambushers once and for all!" Prince Redshirt declared as he gathered together all the uncroaked stabbers into a supersized stack.

    The army of uncroaked were then marched in to the newly created tunnel in search of their missing Spook but instead they found Bowie's stack. "Croak them!" Redshirt barked as the uncroaked moved in to engage the Gobwins. Though there was hardly space for so many units to move the uncroaked surged forwards slashing with their swords or just trampling the enemy when there was not enough room to fight properly. The two remaining uncroaked Gobwins were quickly dusted, and two more gobwin knights and Durp soon fell afterwards, finally a lucky strike caught Lothar and he too was croaked.

    Just as you thought the tower was secure of enemies Warden arrives dragging Grim in chains behind him.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Looks at Grim. "Did you hear him?" Erfman asked, meaning Prince Redshirt. "We have incapacitated some of Dark Side's units for the turn, and the warlords you would call your fellows are ordering their deaths so that the spooks can uncroak them." He said bluntly. "Would you call that Loyalty, Duty, Honor? Do the living units who serve under your command deserve such little respect for their lives?"

    "You could stop this you know... You are still a Commander of Dark Side. If you turn, you could cause a Moral Check among the living units of your side. I would like nothing more then to be able to spare them, to end this battle with no more thinking units having their story end. Even if you don't wish to work for me, you could save their lives. Next turn I could release you all as Barbarians if you don't wish to be a part of Fanon's story." Erfman looks over the battle field, worried about what is about to transpire. "As I said this morning, I will do what I can to save the lives of Dark Side units. I just know I would have more success with your help."

    Grim only seems to be half listening to your words as he drifts over to the edge of the tower and glances over the side to survey the battlefield. "How goes the battle? Who is winning?" the Warlord questions before turning to look you directly in the eye. "How many Darkside units have you captured?" he then asks in a serious tone.

    "If you wish to save lives then set me free from my bonds and as a free commander of the Darkside I shall order the unled to retreat!" Grim declared.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 8 - part 1

    Erfman looks at Grim. "We've only manage to capture a handful, as the Warlords that are in command of the battle have been ambushing our capture operations with indiscriminate uses of Shocktroopers and those Gems." Erfman waves his hand, ordering the manacles off the warlord. ""Have the stabbers and archers march South, exiting the gate, and the uncroaked archer-piker stack march South as well, going around the city. And do it quietly as to not call Redshirt's attention.You'll be saving their lives, as we are running out of chances to deal with them non-lethally." you declare.

    As you wave your hands and dismiss the shackles Grim becomes a free unit of the Darkside once more. In response to his freedom new armour and weapons pop in to existence on the warlord and for a second you wonder if you had made the right decision. However the sound of the stabbers attacking the door down below soon ceases and as you glance down you spot them marching towards the city gates, turning the other way you spot the archers climbing down the walls and following after their fellow units. In fact all the Darkside units that you can see seem to be in full retreat.

    At the same time you command a messenger bird to take the incapacitated knight on the floor of the tower captive. The little unit lands on the knight and instantly chains appear.

    At the walls you mentally order the scout to gag the gummed enemy warlord. With the ropes still in place the scout is easily able to slide down the wall and dash over to the warlord. As soon as the scout places his hand on the Warlord's mouth chains once again pop in to existence.

    Meanwhile underground Bowie and Buster break stack and sprint away from the approaching army down the tunnels while Burp bravely does his best to slow them down. The first uncroaked to approach Burp regrets it (or would if uncroaked felt regret) as it was swiftly dusted. The many that followed however quickly cut Burp down.

    Bowie and Buster however were given the time they needed to reach a waiting Gobwin and as soon as they got there it collapsed the tunnel behind them.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 8 - part 2

    "Thank you, Grim. If you would like to join them, I would understand. Though your assistance may be helpful for this next segment of the fight, as we are going to attempt to capture Prince Redshirt from within his over full stack of uncroaked." You declare.

    "It depends on what your plans are for the forces that fled. They are now likely out of move and will still be there on your next turn... What will you do?" Grim questions.

    While the conversation is going on you silently order your scouts to secure the walls and remove the ropes hanging from them. A scout emerged from the garrison and meets up with one in the courtyard before ascending a set of stairs and on to the city walls.

    At the same time you send Cadaver and his stack to reinforce the walls while your own stack stays in the tower to provide ranged support. A single messenger bird however breaks stack and flies away from the tower and over the walls until it is hovering above one of the newly created Gobwin holes. The bird then begins flying up and down (signaling the presence of uncroaked).
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 9

    "We'll do what we can for them. But a lot depends on you... If you choose to go barbarian, you could take them with you. I might even hire you, if the Kingdom can keep affording it after we lost the Farm." Erfman said, moving toward the next segment of this battle.

    "If you join us, we'll work on getting them surrendered or captured next turn. I'll cover their upkeep and needs, and you and I can convince them to help you reclaim Dark Side from it's broken leadership." Erfman says, with a bit more vigor.

    "What do you say?" You say to Grim.

    "My purse is empty, I can not afford to go barbarian on my own let alone take a whole stack with me..." Grim replies "And as soon as the Dark One discovers that it was me who gave the order I shall be disbanded..." Grim continues. "I therefore formally request to turn to the side of Fanon" Grim then finished after a long pause.

    As Erfman immediately mentally accepts Grim's form briefly seems to flicker going blurry before clearing up, once things are clear Grim's livery has changed to that of Fanon's and you can detect the presence and upkeep of another unit.


    Grim
    Level 2 Warlord (Knight)

    Hits: 15 Combat: 30 (27+3) Defence: 5 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 100s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special Knight, Command, Leadership, Shared curse, Carnyed - scroll user
    Equipped:
    Exp: 0/200

    Spoiler
    Show
    Shared curse The unit may lower its own defence value and simultaneously lower the defence of a hostile unit that it is engaging.

    You then order Alleria to ready an attack if Prince Redshirt comes in to view. There is then a slight shudder as what you presume is a blast of Shockamancy is released underground. Bowie however is close enough to observe as a bolt of concentrated shockamancy bursts out through a section of recently collapsed tunnel. Bowie and the remaining Gobwin fortunately have enough time to back away further down the tunnel and collapse yet another section. Buster then breaks stack and sprints through the tunnels, in to the dungeons up the stairs and in to the garrison.

    Meanwhile you order Julienne down from the tower and outside the city walls. The dervish Golem hands off the axe to Woody, breaks stack and marches down the stairs.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Grim, if a unit is being screened, and you try to engage it, will you be able to reduce its defense along with yours?" you ask

    "As long as I am engaging that units stack my special cannot not be screened... of course regular attacks against that unit can still be screened for..." Grim replies.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 10

    Bowie and his last Gobwin continue their escape collapsing tunnels as they go, the enemy it seems is not far behind as it is not long until a bolt of Shockamancy burst through the dirt once again the sound of uncroaked forcing their way forwards can be heard.

    Meanwhile with the enemy advancing through the tunnels you give out a silent order to converge on the dungeons to form a defence. You break stack leaving the more delicate units in the tower with Alleria who you give instructions to look out for any sign of Redshirt trying to escape and to shoot him down if he does. You then march down the stairs while your other units march back from the walls. Once in the dungeon you begin organising stacks. Julienne is out in front ready to wade in to the supersized stack of uncroaked, next is a stack of your best fighters followed by your own stack of more vulnerable units.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 11

    While you wait for the enemy to reach the dungeons you give an order for your scouts to pull back and hide themselves in the city which they obediently obey. You then anxiously wait as you hear the sound of many skeletal feet slowly approaching. Then finally you spot them moving in the gloom of the tunnels and they spot you... The uncroaked break in to a sprint as they charge out of the tunnels. Before they can reach your stack however they have to fight their way past Julienne who steps in to their path with four blades drawn. The dervish golem moves like a buzzsaw ploughing in to the enemy stack severing arms, heads and legs with every swipe. Soon the dungeon is obscured by the sheer amount of dust floating in the air. Suddenly however Julienne crashes to the ground completely spent huge chunks cut out of her form.

    As the dust begins to settle four forms can be seen still standing, three uncroaked and Prince Redshirt himself who's eyes seem to glow crimson in the gloom. The newly turned Warlord Grim is the next to go on the offensive dropping his own defence in exchange for lowering Redshirts as he hurls the animated axe forwards. The Axe dusts one of the remaining uncroaked before flying back to the warlords hand.

    Prince Redshirt however does not seem ready to surrender and raises his sword up pointing it forwards. "Two can play at that game..." he declares. Electricity seems to dance across the surface of the blade for a second before surging forwards as a bolt of pure shockamancy. The bolt slams in to Grim's stack striking one of the hogs and the air is filled with the smell of roasted hog as it takes 10 hits.

    Grim's stack then charges forwards with Bob mounted on Billie leading the charge with the two hogs close behind. The two remaining uncroaked are quickly dusted leaving Prince Redshirt all alone.

    Next, briefly warring within himself, between capture or croaking the Prince, Erfman orders Woodie, Jessie and Mahogany to move in. The two golems attempted to grab hold of the enemy warlord while Mahogany planted a kiss. (25 juice used) Mahogany then frowned as nothing seemed to happen which only intensified as the golems hold is quickly thrown off by Redshirt.

    "Looks like I will have to take back this city single handed!" Redshirt growled "This is your last chance to surrender little brother..." The prince declared with a toothy smile as he adjusted the grip on his blade and slowly began drifting upwards in to the air.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Round 12

    Erfman glimpses his last chance to attempt capture his brother, but mentally orders the kill.
    As Redshirt continued to float up in to the air Grim tightened his grip on the axe before hurling it forwards with all his might while simultaneously forcing down his own and Redshirts defence. The axe flew forwards and struck Redshirt cleanly in the chest. Redshirt threw one last glance in your direction his eyes seemingly briefly glowing red before his form abruptly erupted in to a thick mist that obscured your view and his sword clattered loudly on to the stone floor. You briefly feel as though you are caught in a storm with wind rushing past you before the mist dissipates.

    The dungeons are now clear of movement besides that of your own units. Taking a moment you reach out with your ruler senses and find that the hex is no longer contested.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Airspace

    -

    Tower 0/200 juice remaining

    DS stack 1 - top of the tower

    Knight 12 hits taken - incapacitated - prisoner


    Stack 1- top of tower

    The Luggage
    Alleria - readying shot
    Messenger bird
    Messenger bird
    Scout



    Garrison

    Stack 1 - hiding

    scout

    Courtyard

    -

    Walls

    Stack 1 - hiding

    Scout

    Stack 2 - hiding

    Scout

    Stack 3 - hiding

    Scout

    Outside walls


    DS stack 1 - on tree trunk over trench outside north wall

    Warlord 4 hits taken - gummed - prisoner
    Stabber - 1 hit taken - gummed - prisoner
    Stabber - croaked
    Ogwe - dazed and confused - fainted - prisoner
    Stabber - dazed and confused - fainted - prisoner

    DS stack 17 -

    Knight - croaked


    Dungeons


    Stack 1 - Hiding

    Scout

    Stack 2 - out in front

    Julienne -13/30 - destroyed

    Stack 3 - 2nd rank - engaging Redshirt

    Grim def -3
    Hog 11/30 - screening bowie
    Hog - screening mahogany
    Woody - 6/22 - failed to grapple Redshirt
    Jessie 2/10 - failed to grapple Redshirt
    Mahogany - Juice 0/50
    Bob -
    Billie
    Bowie 11/15

    Stack 4 - 3rd rank

    Erfman juice: 4/400
    Cadaver Juice: 0/100
    Gobwin
    Buster 2/10
    Pan (new goat)

    DS stack 1 - engaging Grim's stack

    Prince Redshirt - misted

    Tunnels

    Stack 1 - Hiding

    Scout

    Stack 2 - engaging uncroaked army

    Burp - mummy rot croaked
    Durp - mummy rot croaked
    Gobwin knight croaked
    Gobwin knight croaked
    Lothar croaked


    Battle over
    EXP gained
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Cadaver and Mahogany have leveled to level 2 (as have all your level 1 units) !


    You loot the following items!
    Shockamancy Sword x1
    Battle axe x 1
    swords x 62
    bows x 11
    spears x8
    Ogwe clubs x2
    Ogwe armour x2


    You take the following units prisoner:
    Level 2 Warlord
    Level 1 Knight
    Level 1 Stabber
    Level 1 Stabber
    Level 1 Ogwe


    And you claim the following corpses:

    Level 1 Stabber corpse
    Level 1 Knight corpse
    Burp's corpse
    Durp's corpse
    Lothar corpse
    Gobwin Knights corpse
    Gobwin Knights corpse
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Production orders of 3 garrison archers and 1 scout.


    Cadaver pumps 100 juice in to the tower and Mahogany pumps 50


    The Shockamancy sword allows the wielder to fire a ranged shockamancy bolt using their combat score.


    You have your units gather up the prisoners, the Warlord and the Knight you have brought down to the dungeons while the rest you bring to the empty dwellings in the courtyard. You then put both groups under guard.
    Erfman ponders on Golem designs:

    Shield Golem 15/2/6/8 (30 juice upkeep)

    Ballista Golem 5/40/2/0 (60 juice upkeep) (Archery) (Garrison)

    maximum Combat for 50J, with and without archery, with and without garrison:
    - Garrison no archery ~46 combat
    - Garrison archery ~44 combat
    - No archery ~39 combat
    - Archery ~37 combat

    To have 7 defense would cost more than Julienne

    maximum hits with max defense for 50J, with and without garrison:
    - Garrison ~ 20 hits 6 def
    - No garrison ~25 hits 6 def

    1J non-garrison Golem (for disposable scouting):
    - 1/1/1/8

    Ball Golem to stack with Julienne as she dervishes:
    - 4/1/2/0 (10 juice upkeep) (Dervish backup dancer) (Garrison)
    - 12/1/4/0 (25 juice upkeep) (Dervish backup dancer) (Garrison)

    And these base stats might vary based on materials used.

    Adding Siege should be cheap.

    To capture units:
    - 10/1/4/8 - capture ~ 25 juice upkeep
    - 20/1/4/8 - capture ~ 35 juice upkeep
    Buildable with 8 actions and 100 juice

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Erfman turns to Grim. "Grim, what can you tell me about the Dark One's city to the north? What units are probably in it? What defenses do you know it has? What defenses does the Dark One's cities typically have?" you ask.

    "Last time I was there Fanfic was a level 3 city, it has strong walls and a powerful tower that's always fully charged with juice and under the care of a Thinkamancer" Grim replies. "The city itself always has a caretaker warlord and is mostly defended by uncroaked archers and stabbers" Grim continued. "It's only rumours but there are apparently a number of hidden shockamancy traps installed as well..." Grim revealed.


    Also to make an animated rope for tying units would cost 50 juice and 2 actions.

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Compilation of Game Thread)

    Turn 15

    Side: Fanon

    Capital: Fanon City

    Income: 500s / turn
    Production: 50
    Spoiler
    Show
    Units available to pop;
    Stabber (20) 5/10/4/8
    Piker (20) 5/5/5/8 [Piker Defence]
    Archer (20) 5/11/3/8 [Archery]
    Scout (7) 2/2/2/8 [Scout]

    Tower: Level 1, Juice Charge: 150 Spells stored:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dollamantic converter: The tower is able to convert schmuckers to power Golems. Dollamancy Golems may pay upkeep in schmuckers or juice.
    Caster Bonus: Spells cast while in the tower are cast at caster level +1
    Arrow slits: NE (2), N (2), NW (2), SW (2), S (2), SE (2)

    Walls: Level 1
    City Zone:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dwellings
    Barracks
    Storehouse
    Dollamancy Workshop - (Dollamancy crafting time reduced by 10%)

    Dungeons: Level 0
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cells: 1 (crude cavern, low security) Capacity 2/2

    Garrison:

    Farm level 0 (ash): Rations produced per turn: 0. Rations produced in this farm will automatically appear in the storehouse in Fanon. Cost to upgrade 200s. Harvestable resources ash.

    Mine level 3: Schmuckers produced per turn: 150. schmuckers produced by this mine will automatically appear in the treasury. Cost to upgrade 200s. Mineable resources; Gems, Ore, Coal, ???

    Treasury: 667s


    Spoiler
    Show

    1 - Portal room
    2 - Dungeons
    3 - Armoury
    4 - Bunk room (16 beds)
    5 -
    6 -
    7 - Bunk room (16 beds)
    8 -
    9 -
    10 - Throne Room
    11 -
    12 -
    13 - Great Hall
    14 - Map room
    15 -
    16 - Royal Bed Chamber
    17 -
    18 -
    19 -
    20 -
    21 -
    22 -
    23 -
    24 - Library
    25 -
    26 - Cadaver's room
    27 -
    28 -
    29 -
    30 -
    31 - Tower Roof


    Stats


    King Erfman
    Level 4 Dollamancer
    (Adept)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 7 (2+3+2) Defence: 1 (2-1) Move: 12 (8+4) Juice: 400/400
    Upkeep: 150s -
    Special: Caster, Command, Infected
    Purse: 0s
    Equipped: Craftman's +1 Hammer (Dollamantic focus), Motion Goggles
    Exp: 399/800


    Cadaver
    Level 2 Croakamancer
    (Adept)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 5 (2+1+2) Defence: 2 Move: 10 (8+2) Juice: 200/200
    Upkeep: 150s -
    Special: Caster, Command
    Purse: 75s
    Equipped: Sickle +1 (Croakamantic focus), Croakamancy Helm
    Exp: 13/200


    Mahogany
    Level 2 Dwyad Fey Knight

    Hits:15 Combat: 16 (12+3+1) Defence: 4 Move: 10 (8+2) Juice: 100/100
    Upkeep: 200s -
    Special: Natural Caster (Flower Power / Datamancy), Forest capable, Knight, Forest Fighter, One with the land, thorns
    Equipped: Piker Spear
    Exp: 79/200


    Grim
    Level 2 Warlord (Knight)

    Hits: 15 Combat: 30 (27+3) Defence: 5 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 100s -
    Special Knight, Command, Leadership, Shared curse, Carnyed - scroll user
    Equipped:
    Exp: 108/200


    Sir Bob
    Level 3 Lancer (Knight)

    Hits: 15 Combat: 24 (17+6+1) Defence: 6 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 40s -
    Special: Piker defence, Lancer, Knight
    Equipped: Pikers +1 Spear
    Exp: 281/400


    Buster
    Level 2 Strider (Knight)

    Hits: 10 Combat: 24 (20+3+1) Defence: 4 Move: 18 (16+2)
    Upkeep: 40s -
    Special: Scout, Knight, Sneak attack
    Equipped: +1 Sword
    Exp: 16/200


    Alleria
    Level 2 Keshik (Knight)

    Hits: 10 Combat: 32 (28+3+1) Defence: 4 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 40s -
    Special: Archery, Knight, Rapid Shot
    Equipped: +1 Bow
    Exp: 8/200


    unnamed
    Level 1 Archer

    Hits: 5 Combat: 11 Defence: 3 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 15s
    Special: Archery, Garrison
    Exp: 0/100


    unnamed
    Level 1 Archer

    Hits: 5 Combat: 11 Defence: 3 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 15s
    Special: Archery, Garrison
    Exp: 0/100


    unnamed
    Level 1 Archer

    Hits: 5 Combat: 11 Defence: 3 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 15s
    Special: Archery, Garrison
    Exp: 0/100


    Chief Bowie
    Level 3 Gobwin Chief (Knight)

    Hits: 15 Combat: 26 (19+6+1) Defence: 5 (4+1) Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 100s -
    Special: Natural Ally Chief, Command, Knight, Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting
    Equipped: +1 Gobwin Axe, Dark Breastplate
    Exp: 147/400


    unnamed
    Level 2 Gobwin

    Hits: 5 Combat: 9 (7+2) Defence: 3 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 20s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Tunneler, Tunnel Fighting
    Exp: 8/200


    Julienne
    Heavy Dervish Golem

    Hits: -17/30 Combat: 43 Defence: 6 Move: 0
    Juice Charge: 5/300
    Upkeep: 100 juice
    Special: Garrison, Heavy, Dervish Dance [destroyed]


    Woody
    Reinforced Wood Golem

    Hits:22 Combat: 12 (10+2) Defence: 6 Move: 8
    Juice Charge: -25/100
    Upkeep: 30 juice
    Special: Heavy [inactive]
    Equipped: +1 Animated Gobwin Axe


    Jessie
    Wood Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 10 (9+1) Defence: 5 (4+1) Move: 8
    Juice Charge: -20/100 [inactive]
    Upkeep: 20 juice
    Equipped: modified Piker armor, crude Gobwin Axe


    The Luggage
    Luggage Golem

    Hits: 10 Combat: 5 Defence: 3 Move: 16
    Juice Charge: -23/100
    Upkeep: 23 juice
    Special: Carnyed - Bigger on the inside, Dollamancy - moving parts, Capture, Mountain Capable, [inactive]


    Knitted Messenger Bird
    Hits: 1 Combat: 1 Defence: 1 Move: 12
    Juice Charge: 42/50
    Upkeep: 4 juice
    Special: Flight


    Long Range Knitted Messenger Bird
    Hits: 1 Combat: 1 Defence: 1 Move: 20
    Juice Charge: 80/100
    Upkeep: 20 juice
    Special: Flight


    Long Range Knitted Messenger Bird
    Hits: 1 Combat: 1 Defence: 1 Move: 20
    Juice Charge: 80/100
    Upkeep: 20 juice
    Special: Flight


    Billie
    Level 3 War Goat

    Hits: 26 (20+6) Combat: 15 Defence: 4 Move: 22 (20+2)
    Upkeep: 40 -
    Special: Self Sufficient, Mountain Capable, Heavy, WarMount (1 rider 1 passenger)
    Equipped: Woolly Saddle
    Exp: 81/400


    Pan
    Level 2 Billy Goat

    Hits: 9 (7+2) Combat: 8 Defence: 2 Move: 20
    Upkeep: 25 -
    Special: Self Sufficient, Mountain Capable
    Exp: 8/200


    Level 2 Hog
    Hits: 32 (30+2) Combat: 10 Defence: 3 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 40 - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Forest Capable, Heavy, Feral Rager
    Exp: 58/200


    Level 2 Hog
    Hits: 32 (30+2) Combat: 10 Defence: 3 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 40 -
    Special: Forest Capable, Heavy, Feral Rager
    Exp: 58/200


    Suresh
    Level 2 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 3 (2+1) Defence: 2 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 7s -
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 16/200


    Gopher
    Level 2 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 3 (2+1) Defence: 2 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 7s -
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 16/200


    Bond
    Level 2 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 3 (2+1) Defence: 2 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 7s -
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 26/200


    Warden
    Level 2 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 3 (2+1) Defence: 2 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 7s -
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 17/200


    Unnamed
    Level 2 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 3 (2+1) Defence: 2 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 7s -
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 8/200


    Unnamed
    Level 2 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 3 (2+1) Defence: 2 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 7s -
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 16/200


    Unnamed
    Level 2 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 3 (2+1) Defence: 2 Move: 10 (8+2)
    Upkeep: 7s -
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 8/200


    Unnamed
    Level 1 Scout

    Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 2 Move: 8
    Upkeep: 7s
    Special: Scout
    Exp: 0/100

    In the Magic Kingdom



    Dotti Crosst
    Level 2 Signamancer
    (Novice)
    Hits: 6 Combat: 3 (2+1) Defence: 2 Move: 10 (8+2) Juice: 100/200
    Upkeep: 150s - upkeep paid for turn 14
    Special: Caster, Command
    Exp: 110/200

    Actions remaining
    Spoiler
    Show
    Erfman 12 actions 400/400 Juice
    Cadaver 10 actions 200/200 Juice
    Mahogany 10 actions 100/100 Juice
    Bob 10 actions
    Buster 18 actions
    Alleria 10 actions
    Archer 2 actions
    Archer 2 actions
    Archer 2 actions
    Bowie 10 actions
    Gobwin 10 actions
    Julienne 2 actions
    Woody 8 actions
    Jessie 8 actions
    The Luggage 16 actions
    Knited messenger bird 12 actions
    Long Range Knited messenger bird 20 actions
    Long Range Knited messenger bird 20 actions
    Billie 22 actions
    Pan 4 20 actions
    Hog 10 actions
    Hog 10 actions
    Suresh 10 actions
    Gopher 10 actions
    Bond 10 actions
    Warden 10 actions
    Scout 10 actions
    Scout 10 actions
    Scout 10 actions
    Scout 8


    Inventory

    Powerball x1

    Fruit x19
    Deseeded fruit x 4
    Fruit seeds x37
    Rations (produced by farm) x3
    Meat rations x1
    Arkenfiend Mushroom x1

    Stone x13
    Pebbles x1
    Wood x0
    Wool x0
    dirt x0
    Metal Ore x0
    Branches from a Bush x1
    Goat Hide x1

    Shockamancy sword x1
    Battle axe x1
    Piker Spears x14
    Archer Bows x19
    Stabber Swords x76
    Warlords sword x1
    Ogwe Club x3
    Crude Gobwin axe x5
    Ogwe armour x2
    Shears x1
    Harvesting claw x1
    Tent x1

    Leather case x1
    Fanon area map x1

    Level 1 Stabber corpse
    Level 1 Knight corpse
    Burp's corpse
    Durp's corpse
    Lothar corpse
    Gobwin Knights corpse
    Gobwin Knights corpse

    Prisoners
    Level 2 Warlord
    Level 1 Knight
    Level 1 Stabber
    Level 1 Stabber
    Level 1 Ogwe

    Scouting
    Spoiler
    Show
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    As your first course of business for the turn you fulfill your contractual requirement and pay cadaver his wages transferring Schmuckers directly to his purse.

    Cadaver paid 100 schmuckers
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Sending out one hog to the burnt out farm hex you order it to dig up the buried messenger bird.

    Hog 2 move used

    You then send out your messenger bird golems and have them scout the immediate area. They are gone for a while but eventually all three return to the city.

    Messenger bird 12 move used, long range messenger bird 20 move used, long ranged messenger bird 20 move used

    Scouting
    Spoiler
    Show
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Taking a moment you sit down and scribe a letter before handing it off to a scout to post through the portal.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Dotti,

    Would you be so kind as to inquire with a Moneymancer what's the difference in effect of a natural razing, and the razing effected by a Liquidate spell?
    And would you negotiate a good price in shmuckers and rations for a Liquidate scroll?


    After waiting a fair amount of time a scout returns with a letter.

    Good morning Sire,

    Sorry about the delay but I had to run to the moneymancers guild to get the information you desired. Razing apparently grants you 50% of the shmuckers that a structure is worth. A liquidate spell however grants the caster between 50-100% of the structures worth depending on the skill of the moneymancer. The guild will sell a level four scroll of liquidate for 300s they will not accept rations as payment though they did mention they would accept gems, precious stones and certain precious metals. I'm afraid the guild has a very tight control of moneymancy in the magic kingdom so this will likely be the only place you can get it from.

    Dotti Crosst
    Once done with your writing you head down to the Dollamancy workshop where the majority of you Golems are currently idle and inactive. Deciding that the getting the Luggage up and running again is most important you pump just enough juice in to it to get it moving.

    Erfman 23 juice used
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Congratulations on making adept Cadaver! " you declare happily.

    "Thank you sire, uncroaking so many units has really expanded my understanding of them" Cadaver replies.

    "Now with your newfound insights would you like to sit and instruct me on croakamancy in general and in specific? I'm deeply curious about the craft!" you then ask.

    "Well as you know a mass uncroaking is the cheapest to raise a large number of units however it often leaves them in a advanced state of decay and they will not last long. The proper way to uncroak a unit is to uncroak them individually. To uncroak one in prime condition you must spend the upkeep that the living unit had in juice. Spend 50% of that juice and you will likely get a halfway decayed uncroaked, spend only 10% of that juice and the unit will likely only last a turn. Now if a croakamancer was to spend the correct amount of juice and pay extra attention to what they were doing (1 action) then after it's created it will not immediately decay. I believe a novice could delay the decay by 1 round an adept by 3 rounds and a master by 5" Cadaver explained.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    As your very first Warlord since the re founding of Fanon, Grim takes up the duty of city management and begins patrolling the city.

    Grim 6 actions used. Fanon city income/production is now boosted
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Those skeleton uncroaked... we're they just advanced decay standard uncroaked, or a different type all together?" you ask cadaver.

    "They were another type but seemed equally as powerful as the more fleshy kind" Cadaver replies.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Cadaver, is it possible to seize all uncroaked in an hex?"


    To seize a single unit the minimum juice cost is 25

    To attempt to seize all units in a stack the minimum juice cost is 100

    To attempt to seize all units in a hex the minimum juice cost is 250
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    You order all the knight corpses brought up to the tower and laid out as you summon Cadaver to join you. With a nod of the head Cadaver sets to work carefully uncroaking the knights using juice from the tower. As he works you use your own juice to replenish the juice stored in the tower. When he is done six knights stand before you in a relatively good condition considering they were croaked the turn before.

    150 juice used from the tower. Erfman used 90 juice. Cadaver used 6 actions
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Scribing another couple of letters you once again have a scout post them through the portal.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings Dotti

    Thank you very much for you help over these last few turns. would not be where we are today without them. If you would be so kind to deliver the enclosed letter to AC. I would appreciate it. Also I would like to formally invite you to come to Fanon visit and discuss future business.
    King Erfman


    Greeting AC
    We survived the battle much in part of your efforts. I would like to invite you to Fanon to create you focus and to discuss future business.

    King Erfman


    A short while later a scout comes back with the reply.

    Dear King Erfman,

    By all accounts you have just managed to survive a major threat to your side. As such I believe it would be safe to pay Fanon a visit but I shall only stay as long as it is your turn. I shall go fetch AC and see if he is available to come as well.

    Yours sincerely

    Dotti Crosst
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Net crafting

    A mundane net would cost ~2 actions and 25 juice to make.

    Magically strengthening the net and granting the net some form of autonomous movement such as tightening itself round its target (that would give an additional bonus to your capture roll) or releasing its prisoner on a command word perhaps ~4 actions and 50 juice.

    More advanced functions maybe 100 juice plus.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    What stat is the capture roll based off of?
    It varies on the method of capture but things like nets, chains and grappling would use the attackers combat stat.

    Avoiding capture would use be based on defence and combat with a modifier for % current hits.

    There are also other factors that can affect it. Heavy units for example are harder to capture.

    huh! Wiz, can The Luggage enter the tunnels? Erfman ponders
    Yes the luggage can enter tunnels

    You head to the portal room to post you latest letter but just as you arrive the portal ripples and two forms emerge. You recognise the form of AC in his eye catching white armour and he is accompanied by a blonde haired unit in a smart pink dress.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Welcome welcome!

    AC! We lived!"
    Erfman guffaws!

    "Yes that is quite apparent, thanks in no small part to my spells I would imagine!" AC replies with a hint of smugness.

    "Dearest Dotti, so glad we can finally meet in person" Erfman takes her hands gently in his own with a warm smile
    "Please come, let me show you the view of my kingdom, from the top of the Tower" says Erfman while gesturing towards the stairs.

    "The pleasure is all mine your majesty" Dotti replies while giving a perfect courtesy. "But oh deary me... we must really do something about your signamancy... not only a king but a Dollamancer too and that is what you choose to wear..." Dotti replied studying you with a critical eye.

    Dotti then obediently follows along a step behind you as you lead her up the stairs and towards the tower.

    "Did you bring the gem AC?" You ask glancing back at the Shockamancer.

    "I did..." he replies holding up the gem.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Self-consciously Erfman ponders on the cost of altering his clothes to something fancy looking (duds).

    An average set of duds can be made for ~5-10 juice
    While basic magical raiment (+1) could cost between 50-100 juice and 4-8 actions to make.

    "AC, would you like to start work on your focus? What item would you like to enhance?" you ask.

    "I would" AC replies pulling out an item that looked slightly like a black elongated crossbow. "I'd like to add it to this... it already has some shockamancy enhancements on it... That won't be a problem will it?" AC questions. [/quote]

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "AC, do you know of a Taser-like spell but that affects the whole stack?" you ask the Shockamancer.

    "Hmmm something to incapacitate units rather than croak?" AC replies "I can think of a couple but they are both juice intensive."

    Incapacitation mine. 150 juice a shockamancy trap that can be set on the ground. If triggered the mine deals non-lethal damage (defence *1 to hit, deal 10dxcaster level damage) to a maximum of 8 units in a single stack (units brought to 0 hits or below are incapacitated instead of croaked) The mine is permanent until set off.
    Shock-wave 100 juice a shockamancy attack that deals non-lethal damage. This attack is short ranged, the caster releases a wave of static shockamancy that can be directed at a single stack (max 8 units) (defence *1 to hit, deal 5dxcaster level damage) (units brought to 0 hits or below are incapacitated instead of croaked)
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Having gathered together your casters, your commanders and Bob you sit down with your guests in the map room and begin to ask questions.

    Erfman turns to Grim, handing him back the helmet. "Grim, this used to be yours, and it's yours again. If you want, I can change the livery to Fanon's. We tried investigating it a bit, but how does it work exactly, what can it do?"

    "I am no expert but I believe it was made by Lady Shipping and the Darkone. It allows the wearer to see through the eyes of uncroaked and give them orders as though he was in hex with them. When stacked with uncroaked it also provides the wearer a +1 leadership bonus with the uncroaked" Grim replies. "If you wish for me to work with uncroaked I can certainly use it again..." Grim then adds.


    Turning to AC you then ask about his weapon. "What specific enhancements does it contain? It might matter." you ask.

    "It has a juice to shockamancy efficiency converter..." AC replies. "If you have a training dummy I could show you..." AC adds

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    CyperWizWurmD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2019

    Default Re: Erfman the Barbarian

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Buster, Grim, do you know of any way for a unit to mask their presence so that the enemy units in hex don't feel it as contested?" you question.

    "A stealthed unit would not count as contesting a hex, if they did there would be no way for scouts to perform their duties undetected..." Buster replies.

    "AC, Dotti, Cadaver, how about you? Do you know if perhaps Foolamancy or Signamancy could achieve that?" you then ask turning to the casters.

    "I am no expert on foolamancy but yes I would think foolamancy would allow a unit to be in a hex without it counting as contested" Dotti replies. "And signamancy could be used to cause a unit to be recognised as a unit of another side so yes that would not cause an alert for a contested hex either"

    "Also, Cadaver, could you feel both Spooks during the battle? Did you realize there were two spooks? (Bowie reported that they misted one apart from the one I saw)" you ask.

    "I could feel a powerful presence but I could not detect their numbers or location... They are nothing like normal uncroaked!" Cadaver replies.


    Erfman ponders if strengthening her joints and critical areas with reforged metal he would be able to get her to 5 def and 15 hits. He ponders how much Juice and actions that might take.
    ~50 juice and 4 actions before your various discounts

    "Do you want to lead uncroaked Grim or do you want to lead living troops. If you want to lead living troops leave the helm with Cadaver" you ask of the warlord.

    "I do not mind I will lead whoever you order. I imagine at times I will be leading uncroaked and others living units" Grim replies.

    Wiz, Erfman ponders if he would be able to reforge metal into a buckler, and if that would be enough to give a +1 to def. How much effort and Juice would that cost he ponders?
    A buckler would not be enough to up Jessie's defence.... a shield however would work.

    ~25 juice and 2 actions for a shield.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Dear Dotti, I clearly am in lack of a lady's eye for when not out and about the woods. This outfit has served me well in my outings, but now that you mentioned it, I see that it clearly could do with some sprucing "

    "A moment,"
    you declare

    Turn around and begin to cast when you turn back you clothes have been altered in to a stylish suit.

    Erfman 5 juice used. Duds obtained



    "Hmmm better but I do wonder what it is you are hoping your signamancy says about you..." Dotti replies with a small smile.


    Getting back to business you then turn to Grim.

    "Grim, look at them, do they look like Archer knights or regular archers to you? What would be their stats?" you question.

    "I can not be certain but I believe they are regular archer units..." Grim replied.

    "Now AC, I believe I promised you a shockamancy focus! If you would come with me... You declare as you excuse yourself and lead AC down to your workshop.

    You then lead AC down a winding stair case and out of the tower leading him to your workshop. Once there he hands over the item he would like to work on. It is like no crossbow you have ever seen, there is no string and no place for a bolt to go. While the outside of the weapon is metal when you study the item you are surprised to find that inside are gems. While the item has been enhanced by shockamancy you are certain a Dollamancer has also been involved in its creation. Setting to work on the task at hand you and AC begin to channel your juice in to the weapon with you taking charge and leading the process. In no time at all you are done.

    erfman 4 actions and 50 juice used. AC 4 actions and 50 juice used


    Congratulations you have rolled a critical success while crafting!
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Through working closely with a Shockamancer and getting a first hand look at a shockamancy enhanced item slowly you begin to understand just how shockamancy works. You are far from a master in the field but the first few bits of understanding regarding the basics of shockamancy have taken root.

    Congratulations Erfman has achieved Novice level in shockamancy!


    "AC, is there a spell that could both shield from shockamancy trap damage and hide the fact that it was triggered? A spell that could disable shockamancy traps in an area without knowing where they are and without revealing they were disabled?" you ask.

    "Not one that I know I'm afraid, I specialise in dishing out damage but I could look in to it for you if you want..." AC replies.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Heres the 100 schmuckers that we owe you if you'd like to return the Shockamancy Gem AC" You declare as you transfer 100 shmuckers receiving the gem in return.

    100 shmuckers transferred to AC. Shockamancy Gem gained

    "Grim, would you talk to the prisoners now and try to get them to turn to our side?" You then ask of your warlord.

    "I said I would and I will keep my word..." Grim declares as he stands up and excuses himself from the meeting heading down the stairs of the tower, out in to the courtyard and to the building that is serving as a temporary prison.

    Grim is gone for quite a while but eventually your ruler senses alert you to the presence of 3 new units in the city, two stabbers and an Ogwe.

    Next you head down to the workshop having some of the scouts bring you swords to be used for their metal. In the workshop you get your furnace going until it reaches such a temperature that you are able to melt down the metal in the sword. You then start channeling your juice and focusing on the liquid metal you begin to pull out strands of metal forming thin metal wires that you then weave in to a mesh. Next you begin forming small weighted balls of metal out of the remaining liquid. This you then connect around the edge of your newly created net. You repeat this process four times until you have four nets sitting in front of you.

    Erfman 100 juice and 3 actions used. Scout 8 actions used. 12 swords used. 4 weighted capture nets obtained
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "AC, shall we go up to the tower again?" you suggest. While climbing the stairs you continue to talk. "With your new-made casting level, we would ask for a scroll of Shockamancy Wave of you" you declare as you transfer 50 shmuckers "And after I'd invite you to lunch with us and dear Dotti as well" you then add.

    "I usually charge 300 shmuckers to make scrolls for people but since I am already here I will make an exception just this once..." AC declares before setting to work creating a scroll.

    50 shmuckers transferred to AC. 1 scroll of Shock Wave obtained
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Gathering all your units together in the great hall you sit down to a communal meal your more expensive units tucking in to food from the stores while your cheaper units pop rations.

    19 fruit and 3 deseeded fruit consumed. 56 schmuckers spent
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Mahogany, It would be helpful if more bushes pop in this and the surrounding hexes. Are you confident that more bushes planted will pop? Do you know of a reason why they wouldn't?" you question.

    Mahogany looks at you blankly for a second before scrunching her face up in concentration. She shakes her head before holding up four fingers. She then pauses for a moment before holding her hand up high in the air. She then points at herself before holding up six fingers.

    "My lord if you don't mind me saying you seem to be having some trouble communicating with your unit..." Dotti interrupts. "Would you like me to assist?" Dotti then offers.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Oh! Yes please!" you declare.

    Dotti then begins to cast and places one hand on the back of your head and one hand on the back of Mahogany's. Once she is done a strange sensation washes over you.

    "It's only a temporary solution but for the rest of the turn you should be able to understand her much better..." Dotti declares.

    Mahogany then repeats her pantomime act though this time you notice every facial expression, every twitch of her lips every move of her eyebrows and everyone of them has a meaning that your brain is now able to instantly translate.

    ' A hex naturally can only support four fruit bearing bushes if I were to use my flower power however I would be able to up the natural limit to six fruit bearing bushes' Mahogany silently communicates to you.


    "That is fantastic!"
    lowering his voice
    "I had completely overlooked how signamancy could help us even with our speaking units. Would you have a good look at everyone here gathered and later inform me of signamantic details of interest?" you then request.

    "Certainly Sire, what did you wish to know..." Dotti whispered back somehow not moving her lips or making any apparent outward sign that she had spoken.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    You place your hand in your pocket and suddenly become aware that at some point someone has slipped a note in to it.

    Bob - The Knight has a strong and healthy signamancy about him typical of a unit in his prime. He obviously wears the livery of Fanon with pride and he moves with great confidence. His weapon and armour are in perfect condition. He would make a good candidate for promotion to Warlord.

    Grim - The warlords signamancy is conflicted. He seems unsure in everything he does and second guesses every action he takes. He does not seem comfortable in the livery of Fanon. He is constantly observing and evaluating everything occurring around him. I would suggest having a dateamancer check his loyalty.

    Cadaver - The croakamancer has a sickly unhealthy signamancy about him most likely due to inactivity and struggling to make upkeep for a number of turns. He is uncomfortable talking to other units and would likely do poorly in diplomacy or leading troops. He seems more comfortable when being told what to do rather than acting on his own. He seems eager to please and responds well to praise.

    Mahogany - The dwyads signamancy suggests she is not well suited to combat and would be reluctant to engage directly. She is somewhat uncomfortable among other units though she disguises it well. Her signamancy is very deliberate and most likely serves a purpose that relates to her powers as a natural caster. Her signamancy is of that of a forest and would likely perform a lot better in that setting.

    Bowie - The Gobwin has a powerful signamancy hinting at his prowess in battle. He moves with confidence though is a little uncomfortable when talked to, obviously preferring to be on the battlefield than the negotiating table. He seems comfortable around units of Fanon though he is more comfortable around other Gobwins. He could be an inspiring figure on the battlefield. By improving the signamancy of the Gobwin chief you may be able to improve the signamancy of the Gobwins that he pops.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "My lady Dotti,"

    "You've been a great boon to us this turn again! Even more than before.
    How much Juice did it take to enact me to understand Mahogany for the turn?"
    you ask.

    "It was a simple act sire, it only cost me twenty juice"

    "I am pondering on the possibility of building a little interpreter-scribe-box attuned to Mahogany. Do you think we could build a little box, where dollamancy made it capable of observing Mahogany and writing on a square piece of parchment (fed to it through a crack on top), and Signamancy made it capable of interpreting Mahoganies gestures. It would then be a matter of having paper and ink at hand to feed it when Mahogany would want to communicate with us." Erfman smiles warmly.

    "This kind of Signamancy is the magic of perception, it is how you perceive and are perceived. In order for your box to work it would have to be capable of perception..." Dotti replies "Is this something you would be capable of making?" she then asks in return.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Mahogany, you have been helpful to Fanon in our founding war against the Dark One. I am sad to say that your combat assistance will likely need to continue. However, I would also like to start looking to Fanon's longer term future. Towards that end, I would like to grant you the title of Fanon's Keeper of the Lands. One of the constraints that we find ourselves under is the need for upkeep, and food is a good way to provide that. Your first task as our Keeper of the Lands is to increase our food production and variety. Any additional aid that you can provide to Fanon while keeping our lands would also be appreciated. Let me know what you will need, we can probably give you the assistance of a scout or two (scouting needs permitting); hopefully, you might even teach him how to move better in forests." you declare.

    Mahogany looks at you and smiles before she begins gesticulating and pantomiming but with Dotti's spell active you are able to interpret every movement.

    'There is much that flower power can do to help sustain the side, I can help more bushes grow, I can help the bushes produce more fruit, I can find rations in the wild, I can make things that would croak you good to eat.

    I could teach others to be one with the forest but it would take a lot of training'


    -------

    "As well as any Golem you see here, they have eyes. Is this what you're asking?" Erfman replies a bit confused.

    "Hmmm a golem in a box? That just might work but keep in mind just because you have eyes does not mean that you can see... we will have to see if we can open the eyes of this golem of yours..." Dotti replies.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "This is quite an unorthodox idea. It's not really a golem in a box. You see, when we think writing, we think of us with an arm and hand holding a quill or chalk, drawing letters with round and straight movements all around the paper. But you see, if a piece of paper is held down and we think of a phrase as a drawing of letters, you may draw the phrase's letters from top to bottom as a whole, one line at a time.. like this" Erfman tries to illustrate the way a printer draws a phrase on paper
    "This makes the scribber-box much simpler mechanically, the quill holder only needs to move in a line sideways, as the paper is pulled through it, which should make it much cheaper to construct" you declare.

    "Forgive me sire but it is not how the thing writes or draws or even moves that I am concerned about but how it thinks..." Dotti replies. "You see I have never granted the ability to read another units signamancy to anything but a living unit... this is all new ground for me..." Dotti declares.


    "Hmm.. Dotti?"

    "At what time is your Juice refreshing now? Is it at Fanon's start of turn since you're allied with us now?" you question.

    "While I have a contract with you I still remain a barbarian and as such my juice refreshes at dawn" Dotti replies.

    "Can you tell when the last turn on Erf comes to a close? (the time it is safest to cross a portal, since no side is actively taking its turn)"

    "I ask to extend a permanent visitation invite at the end of each day, to drink wine if we ever pop some in the larders and just converse." says Erfman with a warm smile.

    "The end of the last turn is accompanied by the coming of dusk, it is as true in the magic kingdom as it is here..." Dotti replies. "That is very generous of you sire, let us hope then that you begin to pop wine soon..." Dotti responded.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    " AC I would like to know how much it would charge to empower the tower with a hundred (or more) juice?" you ask of the Shockamancer.

    "Hmmm since I'm already here I could charge the tower with juice for 300 schmuckers or enough rations for 2 turns..." AC replies.

    ----

    "Hmm, interesting. But surely when you granted me the ability to read Mahogany's signamancy, it causes me to automatically 'translate' the movements and expressions on her face and hands, and even stance, into Language? So there would be some sort of dictionary then that allows the translation? If we were to create a sort of suit able to detect the position of physionomically important points to determine those movements, expressions and stance, then I think your dictionary could translate the data, perhaps even into speech.

    I believe we both could learn tremendously from this, Dotti, cross-discipline studies have always fascinated me, and I just reached Novice in Shockamancy by working on AC's weapon, perhaps you could get some Dollamancy experience too."
    You reply to Dotti.

    "I'm certainly willing to try sire but just keep in mind this is like nothing I have ever tried before so I do not know what the results will be..." Dotti answers.


    "Improving units signamancy is worthwhile on it's own, but I do wonder: will changes in Bowie's signamancy could lead to popped gobwins having different specials? Or additional specials?" you ask.

    "Signamancy can affect everything... it could change a units stats, it could affect their upkeep and yes it could change their specials" Dotti replies.

    ----

    "Cadaver we have only know each other a turn, but it seems like we have know each other for weeks. My side would not be here right now if it wasn't for you. Your skill and intelligence was the key to our victory and I want you to know how much I appreciate it. That being said, I would like to formally invite you to join Fanon. If you would prefer maintain our initial deal I understand and will continue to honor it. So what do you say?" you good naturedly ask the croakamancer.

    "That's very kind of you to say your highness but I didn't do that much..." Cadaver replies. "I am honoured by your offer but... could I have some time to think about it?" Cadaver replies.

    -----

    "Mahogany, do you know of any way to get the various non-farm foods that grow nearby, which for now is just the fruit bushes, to appear into Fanon's food supply automatically like the farm does?" you ask.

    Mahogany looks thoughtful for a second before she begins to gesticulate. 'Farm hexes are special kind of hexes that can be claimed by sides... it is the nature of the hex that allows food that pops there to be transferred to a city. If you could change a hex type then perhaps you would be able to cause the food that pops there to be transferred to a city though that would be powerful magic...'
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Of course Cadaver! There is no rush, and you'll get to prove yourself wrong this turn! You'll be one of the most useful units of the side again when you capture a whole stack by yourself!" you declare.

    Cadaver awkwardly nods in response though he keeps his eyes trained on the ground.

    ---

    "Miss Dotti.. do you have your juice earmarked for some project this turn? It would help immensely if we could count with some of your juice for this turn's preparation." you ask.

    "Well there's always something I could invest my juice into... there is always a demand for signamancy after all!" Dotti replies. "What did you have in mind?" she then questions.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Having talked for long enough you decide to head down to your workshop and clear your head by getting some work done. On your way down you gather together a few scouts and archers to act as your assistants. You send your helpers to the armoury and tell them to bring back as many swords as they can carry.

    You get the furnace going and once it has reached an intense heat you have your units start to load swords in to it. Once the the metal is soft and pliable you begin to channel your juice and reshape the metal in to a new form.

    Erfman 1 actions and 25 juice used. Bulls eye 2 actions used. Dead shot 2 actions used. 5 Stabber swords used. Metal shield obtained.

    With the shield created you then turn your attention to the inactive Jessie. channeling some juice on to it you easily reactivate the golem.

    Erfman 20 juice used

    Next you turn your attention to reinforcing the golem and once again you use swords as a resource. Melting down two more swords with the assistance of a scout you begin the delicate process of creating flexible but sturdy metal joints that you then incorporate in to Jessie's form.

    Erfman 2 actions and 30 juice used. Scout 4 actions used. 2 Stabber swords used

    With Jessie in fighting form you next turn you attention to Woody. Once again you channel some juice and are easily able to reactivate the golem.

    Erfman 25 juice used

    Finally using the same principle as before you set to work making another shield though this one is much bigger. Your scout is kept busy keeping the furnace at an incredible temperature and constantly throwing in swords to melt down for their metal. Eventually however you have enough metal and you begin to channel your juice.

    Erfman 1 actions and 25 juice used. Scout 4 actions used. 20 Stabber swords used. Ogwe shield obtained.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Dotti, come look." *showing Julienne's wrecked form*

    "This is the finest Golem I have made so far. It single-handedly saved me from obliteration this past turn, when facing the enemy commander's shockamancy sword. And twice her blades twirled in a maelstrom that single-handedly dusted that commander's stack. It is safe to say that it changed the course of battle."

    "I'd love to repair it, getting it ready for saving me once more."

    "But repairing it and charging it up will take ~150 Juice. Juice I no longer have."

    Looking into her eyes "Do you think that is a worthy application of your juice? Would you gift me that Juice, putting it into the tower for me to rechannel?" You declare.

    "It is an impressive looking golem and I would imagine that if it was intact it's signamancy would be quite imposing!" Dotti replied as she looked over the broken golem.

    Dotti then smiled and lightly patted you on the cheek "You need to work on your puppy dog eyes..." she declared with the slightest hint of a smirk. "I'd like to help you out your highness really I would but 150 juice is quite the investment and juice given away in charity may be noble but it does mean that I have less juice to spend to fulfill my other contracts..." She replied. "Perhaps I could interest you in a trade instead that would make my life easier... I could not help but notice your little flying woolly units, they would certainly help me with delivering my letters... If you would gift one to me I will in return gift to you 150 juice" Dotti offers.


    Wiz, What does Erfman think he knows about the turn's start refresh and Golems?
    An inactive golem with 0 juice is essentially an item and as such will not refresh/heal at the start of turn
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Oh.." Erfman is slightly stunned for a second "But of course! Here! This one has enough charge to last TEN turns! And I'll recharge it before it runs out. .. And the MK is just one hex isn't it?? Without move expenditures it can go ANYWhere in the Kingdom, wow.. how useful." you reply.

    Dotti smiles sweetly. "You should remember that signamancers can read units like books..." Dotti commented. "Well thank you this little darling will be perfect" Dotti then replied. "Well a deal is a deal... I shall now charge your tower..." Dotti finished before doing just as she said.

    Knitted messenger bird given away. Tower charged with 150 juice

    *Summoning The Luggage, and taking 2 seeds from it*
    "Mahogany, here. Work your magic and have them bloom in this hex" Erfman smiles as he carefully passes the seeds to Mahogany.

    Mahogany carefully takes the seeds the seeds from you and with a smile heads off in to the courtyard. Infusing her juice in to each seed she then carefully plants them in the ground.

    Mahogany 2 actions and 100 juice used 2 seeds used

    "Hmm, AC? We already made the switch but would you mind keeping the gem for one more turn, while we keep your 100$?" you ask.

    "I do not need to spend the schmuckers this turn so I could keep hold of the gem if you are in a desperate need" AC replies.

    You next send a scout out to perform some mundane tasks. Taking the harvesting claw they first harvest the fruit from the 4 bushes.

    Scout 4 actions used. 12 fruit gained

    Next collecting the set of shears the scout sets about shearing some wool off of Billie and Pan

    Scout 2 actions used. 3 units of wool gained
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    *Mentally ordering the Golems to lay out 2x Fruit, 2x Rations (produced by farm) and 1x Meat rations*

    "Very well, that is kind AC. Here is the gem, and if you'd be so kind to pick your favourite two meals, please do and put the rest of your Juice in the tower"

    AC nods takes the gem back and tucks it away in to a compartment in his belt before transferring 100 schmuckers back to you.

    Shockamancy gem given away. 100 schmuckers gained

    AC then carefully looks over the rations you have had brought out and selects 1 farm ration and 1 meat ration. With that done he then begins charging the tower.

    1 meat ration and 1 farm ration given away. Tower charged with 100 juice.

    Now that you have enough funds you give a mental order to upgrade the mine in the mountain hex to level 5 and you instantly feel the treasury plummet.

    400 shmuckers spent. Mine upgraded to level 5


    *Mentally order Julienne to be brought up the tower*

    With a rather decent pool of juice in the tower you draw some of the juice and begin to use it to repair your broken golem. Though you are able to repair most of the worst cracks you are not able to get it in to a useable condition just yet.

    25 juice used from tower. Julienne 16 hits restored
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Drawing yet more juice from the tower you continue your repairs upon Julienne. This time you are able to leave the golem in a much better condition so much so that it would likely be able to function if it had the juice to do so.

    25 juice used from tower. Julienne 14 hits restored.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    Drawing yet more juice from the tower you continue your repairs until Julienne is in perfect condition.

    25 juice used from tower. Julienne 17 hits restored.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Mahogany, some of the trees have a fruit that looks like a pine cone. We've planted one of those. Do you know if a tree will grow from it?" You ask the Dwyad.

    Mahogany begins to pantomime and once again the spell automatically translate for you. 'Just as bushes pop from seeds so to will a tree pop from the pine cone. A tree however will take at least three turns to pop naturally'


    "If so, do you know if there is a limit of trees grown in such a fashion in a single hex?" you then ask.

    'A plains hex may pop a maximum of three trees any more and it will become a forest hex...' Mahogany replies.


    "Mahogany, in respect to your close-to-the-forest nature we've vowed not to croak any more trees heedlessly. But wood is still a precious material component to many things. Is there a way to harvest wood without croaking the trees? (how do you feel about the cutting down of a single tree in an hex, if we plant another)" you ask.

    'Just as units pop, live and croak so too must the trees. As long as more trees are popped then take what you must from the forests...'

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Compilation of Game Thread)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Having spent some time in the map room planning out your route you have your units assemble in the courtyard. Selecting a few units such as your garrison units and the ogwe to stay and protect Fanon you order the rest to climb into the Luggage ready to travel.

    The Luggage the leaves the city gates and heads northwest a single hex with you and your units inside.

    "The luggage 2 move used"

    Arriving in a hex filled with bushes and a single tree you send out a scout with the harvesting claw to gather fruit. With the claw the scout makes quick work of the bushes and soon returns with their arms full of fruit.

    Scout 3 actions used. 9 fruit gained

    You next send out a scout with instructions to retrieve the pine cone. The scout scratches their head unsure how to go about the task but eventually settles on trying to climb the tree. After a few mishaps the scout is eventually able to climb up in to the branches and pluck the pine cone free.

    Scout 4 actions used and 1 hit lost. Pine cone gained

    With the hex thoroughly harvested your units return to the luggage and you set off once again heading north west for the second time.

    The Luggage 2 move used

    Handing the animated axe to mahogany you send her out first to deal with the lone waven flying over the hex. With a quick flick of the axe she releases the axe and it flies up and hits the waven with unwavering accuracy.

    Glancing around the hex you see another tree bearing a pine cone and 2 bushes full of fruit. You therefore send out another two scouts to harvest the hex.

    The first scout makes quick work of the bushes and returns with yet more fruit

    Scout 2 actions used 6 fruit gained

    The next scout has the much harder task of collecting the pine cone and once again struggles to get up the tree and retrieve the cone.

    Scout 4 actions used. 1 hit lost. 1 pine cone gained

    You then send out Mahogany with instructions to dust the wavens in the next two hexes. She sets off and is gone for quite a while. For a moment you slightly panic as you sense Mahogany's hit drop by two. After a while however she does return.

    Mahogany six move used

    When Mahogany returns you can see that she is wounded though not badly. She makes her way over to you and begins to draw in the dirt.

    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Are these units new to you Mahogany, or you already know of them? What do you know of them?" you ask

    'they are called Stingers, they are aggressive man sized light flying units. They are an annoyance on their own but deadly in a swarm'
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz
    "Man sized... so a gobwin might be able to mount one... Do you think you could tame one or both this turn, or should we return tomorrow?" you question.

    'They might... I am out of juice for the turn so I would have to rely on mundane taming' Mahogany answered in her own way.
    Subject: Erfman the Barbarian (Game thread)