New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Erfman the Barbarian

”That is not what you asked for... you asked for a teacher... There is no one in the Magic Kingdom that would teach you weirdomancy” Krystal clarifies as she raises her head.

”I made no mention of a scroll, though a scroll may be the answer to what you seek...” Krystal comments. ”This Cyan I believe is a collector of specials not scrolls though I have seen that he does also have a rather fine collection of scrolls” Krystal adds.

”I was asked to provide raw juice not to cast more spells....” Krystal replies with a brief frown. ”But you are fortunate for I do enjoy performing my crafts. For half the promised juice I could locate you an item of your desire if it is indeed present. Though I would caution you to be more specific in what you seek, many items have value and perhaps not all are what you are looking for” Krystal answers.

”Alas, though I may find an object in the hands of your enemy you must be the one to retrieve it” Krystal replies.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Ahh.. Krystal" he says while taking his googles and rubbing his eyes "you may have given us more.. *and* less than what we expected; perhaps you gave us what we need, instead of what we want even." he says a little ponderingly, but mainly serious "But my *want* here is fueled by Duty, and Duty compels me to be much more specific when asking you for a new Seeking, and ask again I must." he states with certainty

"Please, Caster Ball, from your remaining Juice, Find me a caster in the Magic Kingdom that knows how to cast a spell to give a unit the Forest Capable special. Note that this caster may already be Juiceless, as we will offer our Tower Juice for him to cast if needed."

(Both Dollamancers and Turnamancers are possible candidates to know such spell besides proper Weirdomancers)

--- after finishing with Krystal ---

"Dotti, tomorrow I'd like to train with AC to learn the Shockamancy spell that allows one to absorb and ground shockamancy damage. This will necessitate him firing at me with the Jolt spell. Will you be able to write up a contract to allow that to happen while keeping a natural NAP? Or do you suggest we cancel the natural NAP and you type up a custom NAP into a contract?" he inquires
    Last edited by WurmD; 2019-10-17 at 01:19 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33

GnomeWizardGuy

”Please, Caster Ball, from your remaining Juice, Find me a caster in the Magic Kingdom that knows how to cast a spell to give a unit the Forest Capable special. Note that this caster may already be Juiceless, as we will offer our Tower Juice for him to cast if needed." Erfman declares.

Krystal blinks and looks at Erfman questioningly ”That I have already done... his name is Cyan the collector... I can however look for another if he is not to your liking” Krystal replies.

———

”Dotti, tomorrow I'd like to train with AC to learn the Shockamancy spell that allows one to absorb and ground shockamancy damage. This will necessitate him firing at me with the Jolt spell. Will you be able to write up a contract to allow that to happen while keeping a natural NDA? Or do you suggest we cancel the natural NDA and you type up a custom NDA into a contract?" Erfman inquires

”The non disclosure contract is completely separate from the non aggression pact so you need not worry about that. The simplest option would be to cancel your Natural Non-aggression pact now. I could have a new one ready for next turn... However what would you wish the terms to be?” Dotti questions. ”Perhaps I could set the terms so that the contract is only breached and a penalty paid if a unit is croaked?” Dotti suggests.
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2019-10-17 at 12:50 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34

"Heh.." he chuckles "Language is such a finicky mistress, but if we keep trying, we succeed in the end." he says with a tired smile

"Okay!" He barks as he claps his hands "We have what we need! Now we'll just have to seduce this Collector with our many expectedly rare specials" he says with a bright voice
    "Back to Seeking then!" he says focusing on Krystal "I think I'm happy with a little vagueness on the 'value' of an Seeked object, as long as it is closer. So! 'closest gem cache or unclaimed object of value not in the mine hex', if you're willing" he says pointing out the mine in the map*

-----

>*”Perhaps I could set the terms so that the contract is only breached and a penalty paid if a unit is croaked?”*Dotti suggests.

"AC, what say you? You're fine with that?" he asks looking at AC

5. - Top - End - #35

GnomeWizardGuy

"Heh.." he chuckles "Language is such a finicky mistress, but if we keep trying, we succeed in the end." Erfman says with a tired smile

"Okay!" Erfman barks as he claps his hands "We have what we need! Now we'll just have to seduce this Collector with our many expectedly rare specials" Erfman says with a bright voice

"Back to Seeking then!" he says focusing on Krystal "I think I'm happy with a little vagueness on the 'value' of an Seeked object, as long as it is closer. So! 'closest gem cache or unclaimed object of value not in the mine hex', if you're willing" Erfman says pointing out the mine on the map.

Krystal nods and steps forwards before pulling out a small crystal on a chain from a pocket in her dress. Holding the crystal out Krystal let’s it dangle from the chain as it slowly begins spin round the map. Lowering the chain the crystal suddenly snaps in to place on a particular hex on the map. (02,03)

”Gems are buried beneath the mountain here” Krystal declares confidently without even looking down at the map.

-----

"AC, what say you? You're fine with that?" he asks looking at AC.

”A contract penalty is no use to me if I am already croaked...” AC grunts. ”Make it so that any hostile action against me counts as a breach on the part of Fanon but I only cause a breach if I croak a unit of Fanon and then I’ll sign.” AC replies.

6. - Top - End - #36

"Great success!" he exclaims brightly before continuing "Thank you so much Krystal! We'll definitely be calling you again in the future! Come, come, let me show you the tower where you can deposit the rest of your Juice" he says leading the way up

(after the Juice is poured into the Tower)

"Here, I love company! And with our NDA you're welcome to stick around and be entertained by our antics, or come and go as you please" he says walking down the stairs towards the Portal Room

(at the Portal room)

"OKAY! Final challenge to be overcome before we set out to raze our enemies! To haggle a casting to make The Luggage Forest Capable." he states taking a piece of parchment and a quill and starting to write a list of specials at the table

"So, we have, starting by me,"
    - Infected
    - Rewrapped
    he enunciates while writting "These aren't the common-est, but you'd need some particular circumstances to witness either." he thinks aloud "So as to not give away the witnessing of a Special for free, we should probably inquire with this Cyan if he's interested on them without me being present" he continues

"Then, The Luggage, as he will have to see The Luggage to cast on her"
    - Carnyed - Bigger on the inside
    - Dollamancy - moving parts
    - Capture
    again saying the specials aloud as writting "I wonder if Carny or Dolla produced specials will be something that can be reproduced with Weirdomancy (and if he will be interested in them even if not)" he muses

"More,"
    - Grazer
    - Natural Caster (Flower Power / Dateamancy)
    - Forest Fighter
    - One with the land
    - Thorns
    - Shared curse
    - Carnyed - scroll user
    - Torturer
    - Tribal Command
    - Two Weapon fighting
    - Dervish Dance
    - Feral Rager
    "Okay!" he exclaims as he finishes the list "There should be some pretty rare specials here! Specially Grim's, Mahogany's and Julienne's" he says satisfied

"Dotty, what do you think of going first, to establish first contact, and probe this Collector, going one by one on the list, seeing how he reacts, to find one (and only one) special that he hasn't already seen? And then proposing to allow him to witness that particular Special, in return for a casting out of a tower's Juice, to give a unit Forest Capable for 1 turn" he inquires before continuing "'exchanging a bit of your time to gain something forever..'" he waxes a bit poetically "and you can throw in some rations, if you fell that will help"

(after she replies, if yes "Then do make another NDA from tower Juice, to take with you before you go")

------
    (and finishing AC's conversation)

"Right-o! Tomorrow Dotti whips it up and we sign. For now, let this be the official 1-turn notice of ending our natural NAP" he states
    Last edited by WurmD; 2019-10-18 at 09:31 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37

GnomeWizardGuy

"Great success!" Erfman exclaims brightly before continuing "Thank you so much Krystal! We'll definitely be calling you again in the future! Come, come, let me show you the tower where you can deposit the rest of your Juice" Erfman says leading the way up.

”You are most welcome, it was only small thing...” Krystal replies with a far away look. ”Yes ofcourse let us complete our agreement” Krystal replies before following along and depositing her juice in the tower as instructed.

Tower: 155/200 juice

"Here, I love company! And with our NDA you're welcome to stick around and be entertained by our antics, or come and go as you please" he says walking down the stairs towards the Portal Room

”That is very kind of you but I have other places I must be” Krystal declares dreamily. ”We will meet again!” Krystal then states with the upmost confidence before heading through the portal and back to the magic kingdom.

"OKAY! Final challenge to be overcome before we set out to raze our enemies! To haggle a casting to make The Luggage Forest Capable." Erfman states taking a piece of parchment and a quill and starting to write a list of specials at the table

"So, we have, starting by me,"

Erfman enunciates while writting "These aren't the common-est, but you'd need some particular circumstances to witness either." Erfman thinks aloud "So as to not give away the witnessing of a Special for free, we should probably inquire with this Cyan if he's interested on them without me being present" Erfman continues.

"Then, The Luggage, as he will have to see The Luggage to cast on her"

again saying the specials aloud as writting "I wonder if Carny or Dolla produced specials will be something that can be reproduced with Weirdomancy (and if he will be interested in them even if not)" Erfman muses

"More,"

"Okay!" Erfman exclaims as he finishes the list "There should be some pretty rare specials here! Specially Grim's, Mahogany's and Julienne's" Erfman says satisfied

"Dotti, what do you think of going first, to establish first contact, and probe this Collector, going one by one on the list, seeing how he reacts, to find one (and only one) special that he hasn't already seen? And then proposing to allow him to witness that particular Special, in return for a casting out of a tower's Juice, to give a unit Forest Capable for 1 turn" Erfman inquires before continuing "'exchanging a bit of your time to gain something forever..'" he waxes a bit poetically "and you can throw in some rations, if you fell that will help"

”I can do that” Dotti replies with a polite nod of her head.

"Then do make another NDA from tower Juice, to take with you before you go" Erfman declares.

”Very good Sire” Dotti then replies before hurrying up the tower to make another non disclosure contract. Soon enough she returns with a new contract in hand.

Tower: 130/200 juice.

Dotti then heads through the portal to meet and negotiate with Cyan the collector.

After a while the portal ripples and Dotti steps through with a frown on her face.

”Cyan is rather... unique!” Dotti declares in explanation. ”He refuses to leave the magic kingdom and seems reluctant to leave even his hidey hole” Dotti continues. ”He is however willing to trade a scroll of forest capable but in return he wants both Dervish Dance and Shared Curse.” Dotti explains.

------
    (and finishing AC's conversation)

"Right-o! Tomorrow Dotti whips it up and we sign. For now, let this be the official 1-turn notice of ending our natural NAP" Erfman states.

AC grunts in reply and nods his head in acknowledgment.
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2019-10-20 at 01:17 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

Erfman frowns taken aback "That is.. confusing?" he blurts

"If he won't come... Did you gather how the act of collecting takes place?" he then asks Dotti

9. - Top - End - #39

GnomeWizardGuy

Erfman frowns taken aback "That is.. confusing?" he blurts out.

"If he won't come... Did you gather how the act of collecting takes place?" Erfman then asks Dotti.

”He gave me these two scroll...” Dotti replies as she pulls out two scrolls. ”Apparently each one is capable of copying a single special” she explains.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

That's an interesting workaround. Do the scrolls store the special to be used later, or do they copy the specials to a unit, to then meet up with Cyan later? Seems like it would be cheaper than a standard you're special spell, due to having to have access to the special directly, rather than just having studied it before.
    Just some weirdomantic pondering, not likely erfman would know the details. Mostly I'm just checking in

2 specials for one casting is a high price, but...I'm willing to sign off on it unless someone gives a very good reason not to. Burning that obelisk and maybe leveling the city is worth a lot in the near to mid term, probably more than having more specials to negotiate with will be.

Edit: "Do the scrolls copy the special onto the caster, or onto another target?"
    Last edited by SomeGuy411; 2019-10-20 at 01:56 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41

"Dotty, were you able to gather what specials he hadn't witnessed? It really was only these two? Or he haggled for these two but also is lacking the Infected and Rewrapped ones?" he asks

"Okay" says Erfman nodding decisively "Let's do this."

"May I cast the scrolls?" he says holding his hand to Dotty

(then cast scroll on Grim's Shared Curse, and ponder aloud what we felt and retained of the spell used [at least the name])

(then go to Julienne's resting place and cast the second scroll)
    Last edited by WurmD; 2019-10-20 at 01:57 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

GnomeWizardGuy

(Welcome to the new thread someguy, were those internal pondering or were they questions for Dotti?)

"Dotti, were you able to gather what specials he hadn't witnessed? It really was only these two? Or he haggled for these two but also is lacking the Infected and Rewrapped ones?" Erfman asks.

”He did not seem interested in infected or rewrapped” Dotti replies ”He attempted to remain neutral to the entire list so as not to tip his hand in negotiating however I suspect he does not have the torturer special either...” Dotti reveals.

"Okay" says Erfman nodding decisively "Let's do this."

"May I cast the scrolls?" Erfman says holding his hand to Dotty.

”Ofcourse...” Dotti replies with a slight bow as she hands over the scrolls.

Taking the scrolls Erfman careful unfurls the first one before activating the scroll and directing the spell contained within towards Grim. While Erfman does not gain any sudden understanding of the ‘Copy Special’ spell he does suddenly gain an understanding of how Grim’s Shared Curse special works and when he focuses he realises that he has gained the special.

Erfman then makes his way to Julliene and unravels the second scroll and activates it once again. For the second time Erfman feels a rush of understanding of a special as he realises that he now has that special.

13. - Top - End - #43

AssassinGuy

Only the part in quotes was spoken. ill have to remember to bold it in the future as per established convention-I had some concerns about whether the caster learns the special or another target, given I'm not certain Cyan will be willing to meet us, as well as concerns of overpaying by bringing specials he hasn't seen before (at least the infected special is likely to be new. rewrapped is pretty easy to find)
    Last edited by SomeGuy411; 2019-10-20 at 03:28 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

"FUN FUN FUN!" He squeals*elated "I've gained both Specials!"

"Okay!" he smiles widely "Time to go collect our bounty!"*

"AC, Cadaver, shall we go for another jaunt?" he asks brightly and turns to Dotti

"And as long as we're going, there is one final optimization detail i think we should secure." he shares*"Moneymancy has a spell 'Liquidate' that I know turns objects into shmuckers. I suspect it also makes the razing of buildings more efficient, recovering its full value instead of half. If this is true, and the Moneymancers sell scrolls of Liquidate for less than 1000 shmuckers it is worth paying cash for such a scroll, as we'll recover its cost and more when we raze the Obelisk." he finishes

"Dotti, are the Moneymancers centralized? To attempt to verify the full effects of such a liquidate spell, and then attempt to buy a scroll, where do you suggest we go?" he asks

(after reply)

"Very well" he nods and slightly bows "please lead the way m'lady" gesturing forward*in a flowery way with a smile

(on the way)*

"You said this caster was 'unique'? Please take the lead of the conversation, I'll follow your indications" he assures

15. - Top - End - #45

GnomeWizardGuy

"FUN FUN FUN!" Erfman squeals elated "I've gained both Specials!"

"Okay!" Erfman smiles widely "Time to go collect our bounty!"

"AC, Cadaver, shall we go for another jaunt?" Erfman asks brightly and turns to Dotti.

AC gives a noncommittal shrug while Cadaver nods politely. ”Ofcourse your highness, whatever you want” Cadaver rasps out as he quickly moves forwards and falls in to line with Erfman.

"And as long as we're going, there is one final optimization detail i think we should secure." Erfman shares "Moneymancy has a spell 'Liquidate' that I know turns objects into shmuckers. I suspect it also makes the razing of buildings more efficient, recovering its full value instead of half. If this is true, and the Moneymancers sell scrolls of Liquidate for less than 1000 shmuckers it is worth paying cash for such a scroll, as we'll recover its cost and more when we raze the Obelisk." Erfman finishes

"Dotti, are the Moneymancers centralized? To attempt to verify the full effects of such a liquidate spell, and then attempt to buy a scroll, where do you suggest we go?" Erfman asks.

”Oh yes the moneymancers are one of the most organised and strictly regulated of all the disciplines” Dotti automatically answers. ”They are not cheap and they are not open to negotiation of prices unless you are dealing in very large amounts of shmuckers but what you are looking for is Knocks Bank in the clevermancy octant” Dotti reveals. ”I believe they even have a dedicated counter for the purchasing of scrolls” Dotti adds.

(I presume you plan to go to the Bank after meeting Cyan?)

"Very well" Erfman nods and slightly bows "please lead the way m'lady" gesturing forwardin a flowery way with a smile.

Dotti gives a pleasant smile in return and leads the small group out of portal park and towards the carnyvale going around a number of tents and wagons aswell a number of casters going about their business.

(on the way)

"You said this caster was 'unique'? Please take the lead of the conversation, I'll follow your indications" Erfman assures.

”He seems to be somewhat eccentric and I get the impression he is also fairly high level” Dotti replies. ”I would be careful in what you say and how you act...” Dotti then warns.

After a short while of walking across the carny vale Dotti leads the small group to an old dead looking tree. Bending down infront of the old tree Dotti then brushes back some long grass revealing a wooden trap door buried in the ground. Reaching out Dotti knocks lightly on the wood before taking a step back.

”What’s this a raiding party?” A decrepit sounding voice suddenly declares from all around. ”Are you here to steal from me you freshly popped box fodder?” the voice shouts angrily. ”Well you have another thing coming if you think I will let you get away with that. I’ll croak you to your last and then I’ll have you uncroaked so I can croak you once again!” the voice shouts once again.

Dotti however rises a hand to her mouth and politely coughs. ”I am sorry Master Cyan it is me, Dotti Crosst. I have returned to make the trade that we discussed” Dotti declares calmly.

”All of you?” the voice then declares in disbelief. ”No that is just not acceptable!” Cyan declares with a huff. ”Which one of you am I dealing with? Which one of you are in charge?” Cyan then demands.
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2019-10-21 at 08:32 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46

Erfman leans back to AC and Cadaver "Let's give him some space yes?" he whispers as he gestures them to step back

Then he turns to the trap-door "Honored Master, I may be a King, but I defer to Caster Crosst here for all things Magic Kingdom related. For the purpose of this transaction, I'm just the vessel of the Specials owed" he says slightly bowing to Dotti and gesturing her forward

17. - Top - End - #47

GnomeWizardGuy

Erfman leans back to AC and Cadaver "Let's give him some space yes?" he whispers as he gestures them to step back.

AC and Cadaver do as instructed and back off a short distance though Cadaver looks a little disappointed and AC seems to be on the look out for trouble.

Then Erfman turns to the trap-door "Honored Master, I may be a King, but I defer to Caster Crosst here for all things Magic Kingdom related. For the purpose of this transaction, I'm just the vessel of the Specials owed" Erfman says slightly bowing to Dotti and gesturing her forward.

A loud sigh can be heard before the voice speaks up once again. ”Verywell come down then, both of you but leave the stack padding up there!” Cyan demands before the trapdoor suddenly pops open. Dotti takes the lead and moves forwards before carefully climbing down a ladder and in to the room below.

Once inside the trapdoor suddenly snaps shut and for a moment everything goes black. Dotti however continues forwards towards a light coming from the end of a short passageway. The passage opens up to a small roughly circular room that is filled with bookshelves and each individual shelf is packed full of scrolls. In the centre of the room is a wooden desk and sitting at that desk is a caster. He is short, bald with a face that is heavily wrinkled and rather unusually has skin that is slightly tinted blue.

”You know I told You to cast the scrolls... bah casters these turns can’t get anything right... not like they used to be” Cyan complains loudly.

”So you’ve got my specials!” Cyan then declares pointing a stumpy finger in Erfman’s direction. ”Hold still I’m going to cast on you!” Cyan then orders as he climbs to his feet and immediately begins to cast. Erfman feels absolutely nothing but Cyan casts twice in quick succession before stomping over to one of the many book cases before pulling out a particular scroll.

”Here, as agreed!” Cyan shouts as he hurls the scroll straight at Dotti. Dotti jumps slightly at the sudden action but quickly scrambles to catch the scroll. ”Thankyou Master Cyan” Dotti declares with a slight bow once she had recovered. ”We appreciate you taking the time to see us...” Dotti adds politely.

”So we done then?” Cyan barks as he looks between Erfman and Dotti.

18. - Top - End - #48

Erfman nods and says "Thank you so much for your time, I hope Dotti here can return to inform you of new Specials we come across" as he turns to go

(outside)

"We're safe!" in a bright voice to AC and Cadaver

"Onwards to Knott's Bank!"

"Dotti, at the Bank, what do you think of this approach; 'Greetings, I've been led to believe the Moneymancy spell Liquidate would allow me to raze a building and recover it's full 2000 shmucker value. Would you be able to confirm that would be so? If yes I'd like to purchase one such scroll.' ?"
    Last edited by WurmD; 2019-10-22 at 11:44 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49

GnomeWizardGuy

Erfman nods and says "Thank you so much for your time, I hope Dotti here can return to inform you of new Specials we come across" as he turns to go

[b]”Well get out then!”[/b/] Cyan barks as she shoos Erfman away before returning to his desk.

As soon as Erfman and Dotti step outside the hatch immediately slams shut behind them.

"We're safe!" in a bright voice to AC and Cadaver.

Cadaver breathe a sigh of relief and AC grunts before before casters rejoin Erfman and Dotti.

"Onwards to Knott's Bank!" Erfman then declares.

"Dotti, at the Bank, what do you think of this approach; 'Greetings, I've been led to believe the Moneymancy spell Liquidate would allow me to raze a building and recover it's full 2000 shmucker value. Would you be able to confirm that would be so? If yes I'd like to purchase one such scroll.' ?" Erfman asks.

”I see no problem with that line of enquiry” Dotti replies. ”The moneymancers are usually very professional and do not take offence easy and as I have already stated their prices are pre set so you need not worry about affecting the price of a scroll.” Dotti continues.

The group eventually comes to a large white building sitting on a field of green grass. The building itself is pristine looking as though it was brand new.

”Knott’s bank” Dotti declares with a wave towards the building. ”We will need to go through the main entrance and scroll acquisition is one of the smaller rooms I believe.” Dotti informs the group. [b]”Oh I should warn you they operate a no weapon policy inside the building Dotti adds.

”Yeah and if you don’t cooperate you’ll be having a run in with the guards...” AC cuts in as he points out a small number of uniformed casters who seem to be patrolling the grounds.

20. - Top - End - #50

"If you're fine with that, I'm fine with that" he says comfortably ready to follow their lead and deposit his hammer where it is appropriate

(Onwards to the scroll acquisition! :D to blurt out our inquiring line)
    Last edited by WurmD; 2019-10-23 at 02:25 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51

GnomeWizardGuy

"If you're fine with that, I'm fine with that" Erfman says comfortably ready to follow their lead and deposit his hammer where it is appropriate.

”I’ll wait outside” AC declares as he crosses his arms over his chest obviously not wanting to deposit his weapon.

Dotti however merely nods and leads the small group inside. A large wooden door is pushed open and just inside the entranceway stand two casters behind a wooden desk. One of the casters wears the same uniform as those outside and gives the impression of being a guard. The other caster is dressed smartly though is not in a uniform. Whenever someone enters the smartly dressed caster carefully looks them up and down.

”Lookamancer...” Dotti whispers as she leads the group inside. The lookamancer gives Erfman a slightly strange look but once he and Cadaver deposit their weapons they are allowed to pass without incident.

Dotti leads the group to a small room where a few casters are queuing up infront of a small hatch that has another smartly dressed caster sitting behind. Erfman is forced to wait but it does not take too long before he reaches the front of the queue and can approach the hatch.

”Welcome to Knotts Bank, how may we be of service today?” the smartly dressed female caster declares by way of greeting.

”Greetings, I've been led to believe the Moneymancy spell Liquidate would allow me to raze a building and recover it's full 2000 shmucker value. Would you be able to confirm that would be so? If yes I'd like to purchase one such scroll.' ?" Erfman replies.

”Ah yes liquidate” the caster quickly replies with a slight nod. ”Yes if you have a sufficient level a basic scroll of liquidate should allow you to recover the full value of razing a building” The caster adds. ”However the bank makes no such guarantees that you will receive the full value if you are of an insufficient level and in that situation the bank will not offer refunds for the scroll” the caster warns. ”The price of a liquidate scroll is 300 shmuckers. Would you like to go ahead with this purchase?” she then questions.

22. - Top - End - #52

Erfman nods and transfers over the 300 shmuckers

(After they leave and meet up with AC)

"Huh, that was my first encounter with casting-caster level making a difference during scroll-casting. What do you people know about it? Do you have other examples?" he questions his companions

23. - Top - End - #53

AssassinGuy

If we get a partial success we leave with more knowledge and get our money back. Only a full failure makes this a bad move. I'm willing to sign off on this as well.

I second asking for information, but if they ask a price, as they almost certainly will, I'd recommend backing off for a turn, since the city upgrade is on a tight enough margin as is

24. - Top - End - #54

GnomeWizardGuy

(I think Wurm is suggesting asking Dotti, AC and cadaver about scrolls. Someguy are you suggesting asking the moneymancer?)

25. - Top - End - #55

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by _Wiz_ View Post
    (I think Wurm is suggesting asking Dotti, AC and cadaver about scrolls. Someguy are you suggesting asking the moneymancer?)
    I have got to stop looking at this when I just wake up. I misread things.

Yes, lets just ask our companions. They are probably familiar with enough different spells to know something

26. - Top - End - #56

GnomeWizardGuy

Erfman nods and transfers over the 300 shmuckers.

”Very good sir one moment please” the moneymancer replies as she accepts the payment. She then disappears from view for a few moments before returning with a neatly rolled scroll in hand which she then pushes through the hatch.

The trio then leave the building and quickly meet up with AC who was still lingering outside. "Huh, that was my first encounter with casting-caster level making a difference during scroll-casting. What do you people know about it? Do you have other examples?" Erfman questions his companions.

Dotti raises an eyebrow slightly before replying. ”I sometimes forget that your knowledge of magic is not as thorough as a resident of the magic kingdom” Dotti replies. ”Basic scrolls do not convey the caster level of the caster who made them and instead use the caster level of the one who activates them” Dotti explains. ”There are ofcourse advanced scrolls that can retain the caster level of a caster though the process to make one of these is a closely guarded secret and are usually made by only high level casters or masters of a discipline” Dotti adds.

27. - Top - End - #57

confused Re: Erfman the Barbarian

"Oh interesting.. And does the discipline of the caster matter? Do you know? (And I wonder what level will Grim's scroll casting be equal to)"

(When we arrive back in Fanon)

"Grim, do you know what caster level you cast scrolls with? Your own level?"

-----

Cadaver put 20J into Gem (to get a feel for it);
    Erfman put 5J into Gem;
    Ask AC to transfer 75J from tower to Gem;
    Ask AC to make scroll of Gradoken;
    Erfman cast Give Forest Capable Special scroll on Luggage;
    Promote 3 garrison archers to field (42s);
    Cadaver with 75J and 100J Gem, Erfman with 50J and scroll of Gradoken, rest of army in image into Luggage;
    Verify remaining fruit, and Multi-purpose Saddle are in Luggage;
    Stompy guard prisoner knight;
    Luggage 3 hexes north;

EDIT: editted it in :)
    Last edited by WurmD; 2019-10-27 at 01:01 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58

AssassinGuy

Just...don't forget to forest capable luggage so we don't get bogged down in the forest. I'd hate for us to not have the move to get back, and find some wavens burned the city

29. - Top - End - #59

GnomeWizardGuy

"Oh interesting.. And does the discipline of the caster matter? Do you know? (And I wonder what level will Grim's scroll casting be equal to)" Erfman questions.

”I believe the caster is treated as though they were the one casting the spell so theoretically anything that caster has that effects caster level such as a shockamancy special should still apply...” Dotti replies with a thoughtful look.

The group are able to make their way back across the magic kingdom though as soon as they get close to portal park they once again get the feeling of being watched though they are able to make it back to Fanon’s portal unobstructed. Stepping through the bright yellow portal the group then reappear in Fanon’s portal room.

As soon as he is back in his city Erfman then seeks out his chief warlord. "Grim, do you know what caster level you cast scrolls with? Your own level?" Erfman questions.

”I’m not sure sire... I’ve only ever cast a scroll as a first level caster however I must admit that every time that I have used a scroll I was level one...” Grim answers.

-----

Cadaver put 20J into Gem (to get a feel for it);
    Erfman put 5J into Gem;
    Ask AC to transfer 75J from tower to Gem;
    ”Let us charge up this gem!” Erfman then declares as he gathers up Cadaver and AC in the tower. ”20 juice to start Cadaver” Erfman then instructs. Cadaver slowly reaches out and very timidly takes the gem. With a look of utmost concentration he then begins to channel his juice. The act appears to be more difficult than charging the tower and Cadaver is visibly struggling with small sparks of juice going astray every now and then but Cadaver is able to maintain his focus and eventually sighs in relief. Erfman then takes the gem back and attempts to add a little more juice. Cadaver’s and Erfman’s juice however did not seem to want to mix and Erfman suddenly finds himself stumbling backwards as he is forced back and the juice escapes in to the air. ”Interesting... How unfortunate...” Erfman mutters. ”AC please fill the rest of it with juice from the tower...” Erfman then instructs.

AC nods and steps forwards and takes the gem in one hand while he places the other hand on the wall of the tower. AC’s body then acts as a conduit as he syphons 80 juice out of the tower and in to the gem.

Shockamancy gem: 100/100 juice
    Erfman: 50/400 Juice
    Cadaver: 75/ 200 Juice
    AC: 75/ 300 Juice
    Tower: 50/200 Juice

Ask AC to make scroll of Gradoken;
    ”AC could you please make us a scroll of Gradoken” Erfman then asks. AC grunts but sets to work and quickly writes up a scroll which he then thrusts in Erfman’s direction.

AC 25/300 juice

Erfman cast Give Forest Capable Special scroll on Luggage;[/quote]

Pulling out the weirdomancy scroll Erfman then casts it on The Luggage granting it the forest capable special for the turn.

Promote 3 garrison archers to field (42s);
    With a quick mental order Erfman then promotes three garrison archers to field units and he feels 42 shmuckers disappear from the treasury.

Cadaver with 75J and 100J Gem, Erfman with 50J and scroll of Gradoken, rest of army in image into Luggage;
    Verify remaining fruit, and Multi-purpose Saddle are in Luggage;
    Stompy guard prisoner knight;
    Luggage 3 hexes north; Grim on Stinger A to NE, croak Waven, scout hex borders, report back at hex border;
    The army then begins marching in to the luggage and loading all of their needed supplies. With so many units it is a tight but they just about manage to all squeeze in. The luggage then heads out and proceeds to move three hexes north before coming to a stop in a forest hex. (00,-03). Grim and one of the stingers then climb out of the luggage and the warlord equips the stinger with the saddle before mounting it. Across the hex boundary a single Waven is perched on a branch of one of the leafless trees calmly watching all that is going on. Taking flight on his black and yellow mount Grim flies forwards and crosses the hex boundary into (01,-03). As soon as Grim crosses the hex the Waven hops in to the air and takes flight. Suddenly loud raucous cawing that sounds almost laughter can be heard from all around Grim as from out of the depths of the dark forest multiple forms appear. In total another seven Waven’s appear and they quickly form a single stack.

Combat begins! Orders?

Darkside Stack 1

Uncroaked Waven (front)
    Uncroaked Waven (front)
    Uncroaked Waven (front)
    Uncroaked Waven (front)
    Uncroaked Waven (back
    Uncroaked Waven (back)
    Uncroaked Waven (back)
    Uncroaked Waven (back)

Fanon Stack 1

Warlord Grim
    Stinger
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2019-10-27 at 03:47 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60

Warlord's intuition!
    'Will this Waven stack behave as a regular stack in which the *back* units cannot melee attack?'

(It's not Erfman in hex after all :D)